7.9

1. Oct 5, 2010
    I have found Soul Calibur IV to be a very disapointing installment of the series. I can only commend the game for it's unique character designs and good online action. I feel the game lacks in variety, the moves and combos are too straight-forward. For a hard-core fan of the SC series, I would recommend renting it, rather than buying it.
  2. Mar 29, 2011
    i did not like this soul calibur game and find that it is the worst in the series. the story like is non existent with the characters and each one only has about 5 battles. i am not sure if it is this way with everyone but i am having a hard time putting combos together with all the characters and find myself just mashing the 3 attack buttons. i loved the 3rd one and wish they had kepti did not like this soul calibur game and find that it is the worst in the series. the story like is non existent with the characters and each one only has about 5 battles. i am not sure if it is this way with everyone but i am having a hard time putting combos together with all the characters and find myself just mashing the 3 attack buttons. i loved the 3rd one and wish they had kept most of what made that game great and at least had more extra features to entertain myself when i dont want to get my a$$ handed to me while playing online. i liked the addition of darth vader and the secret apperntace but unfourtunatly darth vader isnt a very good character since his moves are slow. i find that the controls have a bit of a delay and they never quite do what you want them to. trading this back in for some of my money back Expand

1. Graphically the game is simply jaw dropping. Even with all the graphical masterpieces we have seen recently, Soul Calibur IV stands out on its own.
    Where SC4 really shines, however, is in its character-creation mode. The more you use your custom characters, the more options you unlock -- with a wealth of weapons and armor pieces offering boosts to strength, impact, speed, and more, while certain stat modifiers improve your chances to escape throws or reverse counters.
    An amazingly deep and beautiful fi ghting experience, marred by a couple of unnecessary characters, but essential nonetheless. If the online modes simulate the feeling of a traditional one-onone battle, we’ll be in combat heaven.