SoulCalibur IV PlayStation 3

7.9

1. WillHill
    Sep 19, 2008
    The graphics are great and the fighting is also solid. The game though is very slow paced. The story mode is more than lackluster. the whole idea behind the lightsaber not cutting through something and yes i know it's a game. Also the online is pretty terrible for the most part.
  2. PauloJ.
    Jul 26, 2008
    Nice graphics and gameplay but i juts finished the story mode in 30 minutes!!! i just don´t get it.
  3. RyanH.
    Jul 27, 2008
    Hey meta-idiots, 1up's scale goes to A+, so an A wouldn't be a 100. Math is difficult, I know, but since people insist on giving your site clout the least you could do is show some level of competence.
  4. May 14, 2011
    SoulCalibur has a huge following and this was the reason I bought this game. I can see the attraction. It's fluid energetic and atmospheric. Maybe I'm not a fan of 3d beat em ups or maybe I'm too lazy to perform the ridiculous combos but I just found myself bored and infuriated. I think If you are into this sort of thing this is perhaps ( level with Tekken) the best game out there. I findSoulCalibur has a huge following and this was the reason I bought this game. I can see the attraction. It's fluid energetic and atmospheric. Maybe I'm not a fan of 3d beat em ups or maybe I'm too lazy to perform the ridiculous combos but I just found myself bored and infuriated. I think If you are into this sort of thing this is perhaps ( level with Tekken) the best game out there. I find 3d beat em ups so different from 2d ones that they fall into a different category . I guess what I'm trying to say is Im not a fan of the genre hence can't review this game fairly. One thing that can be said 3 years later the games graphics still look crisp and beautiful. The gameplay is enjoyable enough but I was bored after 2 days. The last beat em up I really enjoyed was Rocky on the xbox which isnt really a beat em up.....god im confused. Overall I recommend to fans but to noobs it's too taxing to remember the moves and too repetitive to enjoy over a long period of time. Online requires a lot of patience also as the competition is intense ( as to be expected spose) . 7/10. Expand

1. Graphically the game is simply jaw dropping. Even with all the graphical masterpieces we have seen recently, Soul Calibur IV stands out on its own.
    Where SC4 really shines, however, is in its character-creation mode. The more you use your custom characters, the more options you unlock -- with a wealth of weapons and armor pieces offering boosts to strength, impact, speed, and more, while certain stat modifiers improve your chances to escape throws or reverse counters.
    An amazingly deep and beautiful fi ghting experience, marred by a couple of unnecessary characters, but essential nonetheless. If the online modes simulate the feeling of a traditional one-onone battle, we’ll be in combat heaven.