6.5

1. MarkoA
    Sep 14, 2008
    This is by far the best "Star Wars" game. Graphics and audio are marvelous. You need to see for your self to believe, how well the graphics and physics are integrated. Gameplay is smooth, fun and engaging. Story is (so far) coherent and well presented. The Force Unleashed is a challenging 3rd person action with just enough role-playing elements to keep you exploring every corner and every This is by far the best "Star Wars" game. Graphics and audio are marvelous. You need to see for your self to believe, how well the graphics and physics are integrated. Gameplay is smooth, fun and engaging. Story is (so far) coherent and well presented. The Force Unleashed is a challenging 3rd person action with just enough role-playing elements to keep you exploring every corner and every light-saber combo. Please note that I'm playing xbox360 version. Expand
  2. CBoy
    Nov 24, 2008
    B.R.I.L.L.I.A.N.T! One of the best games in a long time:
    -game-play: challenging yet still playable.
    -rent or buy?:either...one of the few games where you can play once and enjoy or play twice to find everything, perfect your skills and go for the other ending.
    -rivals?-not since the LoTR games or Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
    In conclusion: get it or Santa will hate you!!!
  3. Oct 6, 2010
    This is an awesome game. I don't get the negativity at all! Being a huge Star Wars fan myself, I loved the story, the gameplay, and the voice acting was top notch! Can't wait to play the sequel!
  4. Aug 8, 2014
    Brilliant storyline, lots of upgradable powers and unlockable strikes and combos and even different outfits to choose from don't ever let you get bored with the game. I have beaten it twice with joy, and I highly reccomend it not only to Star Wars fans, but also to skilled gamers who want to test their agility.
  5. MooCheesey
    Sep 22, 2008
    My actual rating is 9.5. This game is awesome. The force is great and I don't think I've ever had so much fun on a game as I did on the first level as Darth Vader. The only problem is that if you walk into a tree on that level it falls down. Otherwise it is amazing-BUY THIS NOW.
  6. JoshW.
    Sep 22, 2008
    This game is fantastic!!! It deserves a 10 simply for the fantastic story that is pure joy for any Star Wars fan. The game itself is also great fun and the option to alter your lightsabers colour and special abilities adds a great element to the game as well as the option to change costumes (each level has a different one matching the environment you're in). You can also upgrade your This game is fantastic!!! It deserves a 10 simply for the fantastic story that is pure joy for any Star Wars fan. The game itself is also great fun and the option to alter your lightsabers colour and special abilities adds a great element to the game as well as the option to change costumes (each level has a different one matching the environment you're in). You can also upgrade your force powers. The boss battles are fun, each level lasts a really long time and there is plenty of exploration, collectibles and bonus objectives to complete. With a bunch of surprise characters and situations this is a must have for any fan and a grewat game for a non Star Wars fan. Plus, the first level is worth the price alone!!! Expand
  7. Al
    Sep 20, 2008
    Listen... pay not attention to the critics. If you're a Star Wars head this is a must-have.
  8. TullioM.
    Sep 5, 2008
    Thus far, I have only had the pleasure of playing the xbox360 demo of Force Unleashed, and all I have to say is, WOW! From this brief yet straight to the point demo, I can see that The Force Unleashed will become one of LucasArts best Star Wars game yet. Fist of all the graphics are unbelievable, the fluidity of the movement of the characters is also amazing. The demo however, Thus far, I have only had the pleasure of playing the xbox360 demo of Force Unleashed, and all I have to say is, WOW! From this brief yet straight to the point demo, I can see that The Force Unleashed will become one of LucasArts best Star Wars game yet. Fist of all the graphics are unbelievable, the fluidity of the movement of the characters is also amazing. The demo however, doesn't do the story any justice, so I will not give any comments about the story flow. Lets just say that September 16th 2008 is definitely going to be marked on my calender as the release date for The Force Unleashed. I think I have an exam on that day. Expand
  9. MichaelE
    Jun 12, 2009
    A highly entertaining next-gen Star Wars game that is unfortunately without its shortfalls. Travel stunning parts of the galaxy and use awesome force moves to battle your way through the game world on your quest as Darth Vader's apprentice.

Stunning cut-scenes and highly enjoyable gameplay, this game has a great storyline to follow. This game is highly recommended to any Star Wars fans out there who can overlook the slight frustrations with the game whilst playing it.
  10. SeanM.
    Oct 4, 2008
    look if you like star wars then you have to like this game especially on the wii. You get to use the force in one hand and a lightsaber in the other. this is is a dream to many people.
  11. EricB.
    Sep 17, 2008
    I am a huge Star Wars fan, and to me this game has delivered. I don't care about the occasional terrain glitch, or sound mishap, all in all the Game does deliver for the AVID star wars fan. I cant tell you how satisfying it is to lift a storm trooper and throw him into an incoming tie fighter...priceless.
  12. ErnestoC.
    Sep 18, 2008
    Even though the game has its flaws, poor targeting, an avalanche of enemies, the game is very fun to play. As a Star Wars fan, you would not be able to miss this game, story wise around as good as Empire Strikes back. Very fun, very edgy. I love games like God of War and Ninja Gaiden, and this one would come close in gameplay, but with a story very well known to many. If you do not know Even though the game has its flaws, poor targeting, an avalanche of enemies, the game is very fun to play. As a Star Wars fan, you would not be able to miss this game, story wise around as good as Empire Strikes back. Very fun, very edgy. I love games like God of War and Ninja Gaiden, and this one would come close in gameplay, but with a story very well known to many. If you do not know anything about Star Wars, but love destructive, purely fun games, I still recommend it. Expand
  13. DavidS.
    Sep 21, 2008
    I think this game is gooooood i often hate games with its sort of gameplay but the range of ideas you can explore and the exciting story make it better than most level by level action games x.
  14. TheBigmac
    Sep 20, 2008
    I just beat the game and let me tell you: This game is victim of a stupid media hype snowball that began with the name itself. The title alone, and all the hype frenzy that it was created when the game was in production won't allow critics to see it for what it's really worth: The first Star Wars Game in history that is actually good. The story is amazing and the game is I just beat the game and let me tell you: This game is victim of a stupid media hype snowball that began with the name itself. The title alone, and all the hype frenzy that it was created when the game was in production won't allow critics to see it for what it's really worth: The first Star Wars Game in history that is actually good. The story is amazing and the game is incredibly FUN. The style of the movements when you swing your lightsaber is faithfull to the movies and incredibly rewarding. The graphics are awesome, the cutscenes, Hollywood grade and it's the first star wars game that lets you do what you always wanted to do. Kick @ss throgh the whole game using your lightsaber and using the force. So stop whining about the game being called the force unleashed and not delivering the "unleashness" you wanted. Pretend it's called episode 3.5, who cares! This media campaign of demeriting the game because it didn't deliver what the title promessed is moronic. So what if you were promessed cheesecake and were given steak instead. Get over with it already! Is it cheesecake? no, but you bet it's the most delicious steak I've ever had and it's the game I've waited for almost 20 years for somebody to make. It's finally here so who cares about the title? Expand
  15. CarlosB.
    Sep 26, 2008
    I´d like to thanks for Lucasarts creates this fine piece of entertainment.....is a lot of fun.
  16. BBrazil
    Oct 13, 2008
    Star Wars fans will love it! Good replay value. Good graphics and sound. Good story.
  17. KyleW.
    Nov 9, 2008
    This game was amazing. From the force powers to the epic boss battles, this game is a great play. The character model (I forget the actor's name but he now plays on the CW's Smallville) is really good, being very nicely modeled and rendered. The levels are expansive, and fun to play through, even more than once (I actually played through the demo prior to buying the game about a This game was amazing. From the force powers to the epic boss battles, this game is a great play. The character model (I forget the actor's name but he now plays on the CW's Smallville) is really good, being very nicely modeled and rendered. The levels are expansive, and fun to play through, even more than once (I actually played through the demo prior to buying the game about a dozen times). My only qualm about the game is the fact that the lightsaber combat is a bit lacking. It's pretty much two buttons that you can just mash to kick someone's butt. Not very creative, but its small annoyance is greatly outweighed by the pure fun this game brings. There is tons of replay value (You need to replay the game just to find all the extras) which is nice because you actually want to play more when you finish it. This game is a must buy. Go buy it. Now. Expand
  18. CaseyW.
    Sep 18, 2008
    This game brought a lot of new powers and abilities to gaming in general, the force is amazing. These great new concepts overshadow the sometimes frustrating lock on system and other bugs.

1. At the end of the day, this remains a Star Wars game - and an essential one thanks to its compelling story and, to be fair, engaging gameplay. [Oct 2008, p.74]
  2. An ambitious--yet ultimately dissatisfying--effort. [Oct 2008, p.82]
    Uninspired level design and some tedious enemy battles mar an experience that gives you power over the Force like we've never really seen before. While it's far from perfect, Star Wars fans will find that it's worth playing through simply for its story and the ability to use the Force in fairly awesome ways.