5.1

1. Apr 4, 2012
    ......IM SICK OF YOU CAPCOM!!! .......... Capcom FAIL in everything they do.. every single game they release is a failure.. They destroyed the RE franchise by turning RE in a action game because survival games are not so profitable as action game like COD.. anyway.. Street FIghter X Tekken shows us again that Capcom only want to make easy money with less effort.. by selling DLC that are already in the DISC! The DLC content is already finished and it could be in the game but they want to make easy money by selling it later.. so its not a DLC its just a locked content in the DISC you bought that will be unlocked for more money later on.. Expand
  2. Mar 16, 2012
    In the perfect world, this game would not being trying to over charge you for content NOT ALREADY ON THE DISC. What kind of ridiculousness is this? As for the game, it feels rush and re-hashed. Game feels borked and lag when online is so easily apparent and to top it all off the game feels like it is missing features though. This is a terrible game. It is nowhere near what capcom went w/SFIV.

I say wait for the re-release if anything w/all the content unlocked and free like it should have been from the start.
  3. Mar 20, 2012
    While single player is fun for the most part, it's difficult to believe how tremendously awful online is. The lagging sound still isn't fixed two weeks after release, while the game is completely devoid of any lobby or practical challenge menu. STXT would've done itself some good by taking example from Mortal Kombat (whose online lobby system is perfect for competitive play), but instead provides consumers with an abysmal and rather embarrassing online experience. Then of course there is the matter of the controversial choice to include locked content on the disc, which quite frankly is bad business practice. 4/10 is generous. Expand
  4. Mar 12, 2012
    DO NOT BUY, GAME IS NOT COMPLETE.

Capcom announced the day of SFxT North American launch that there will be 12 additional characters available for download in the fall. They also announced that ALL of the downloadable content (characters, costumes, stages, gems, etc) is already completed and on the game disc. So, the customer pays the retail price for the game, but then has to pay more
    money at a later date to access the entire disc. This game is a rip off so obvious that Stevie Wonder can see it from a mile away. You have to pay twice to access everything on the disc. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

(hackers have already uploaded this game online, all extra content unlocked, so pirating this game will get you ALL the content...)
  5. Mar 13, 2012
    As someone has already mentioned, the game is incomplete. Capcom has again embraced downloadable content which forces the consumer to again pay for in order to unlock the 12 additional characters, content that is already completed and on the game disc. Essentially the game is going to cost you alot more than what you initially paid for. To counteract such unscrupulous business practices,I urge everyone not to buy this game until the price drops considerably or at which time Capcom re-releases the full version of the game for a cheaper price. Gamers nee to be smart consumers instead of making impulse buys that will cost them in the long run. Expand
  6. Mar 13, 2012
    An incomplete game that has DLC on the disc... BUT YOU CAN'T PLAY THEM. Plus, the GEM system was nice to try, but terribly executed. Just another unbalanced fighting game NOT worth the money. Sorry.
  7. Apr 14, 2012
    Do you enjoy games that have not been play tested? What about games with almost 1/4 of the content locked away on the disc, but you have to pay for at a later date through dlc? How about fighting games with one move infinites like xiaoyu? If you do, then SF x T will be the perfect game for you. If you enjoy actual, solid fighting games, stay away from this one.
  8. Apr 15, 2012
    I'm very disappointed and I will not get this game or probably will just get it used. no money for a company that has no respect for their consumers.
  9. Mar 20, 2012
    First off I would like to say that this is actually a really fun fighting game. That is no surprise considering Capcom makes some of the best. However I have to say that this game is a total rip off since Capcom has locked away about 30% of the games content behind a pay wall. If you don't know what that is then let me explain. You see all the content including the extra 12 characters and costumes are already on the disk. However if you want to unlock them, you have to wait until the fall when the Vita version launches and then pay Capcom and extra $20 for the 12 characters, and another $26 for all the costumes. Capcom claims this is to save people hard drive space, and its to ensure that people who didn't buy the content will be able to play those who did. This is a lame excuse at best and is Capcoms way of trying to milk money from people. I rated this version better then the 360 version since it not only contains 5 extra characters, but you can play 2 players on the same console vs people online as well. Do not buy this game unless you plan on buying it used. Don't support Capcom in any way until they give up these sneaky, greed inspired tactics. Expand
  10. May 29, 2012
    The game just dosen't play right. It def dosent feel like street fighter. I do not understand why they thought that including stupid fighters from Tekken was a good idea. If it played like street fighter it would be much better. Also, all the fighters that are on the disk that you aren't allowed to play is an insult. It does look good though and is really smooth. I cant say that it feels like it is broken or anything, it was just the wrong path to go down. Expand
  11. Apr 22, 2012
    The only thing everybody should know about this game is that is a SCAM! Terrible on-line gameplay, the gem system ruins the game, the time is to short to play against two different characters and worst of all the "DLC" fiasco, everything is already on the disk.
  12. Aug 17, 2012
    After playing this Game for fun i thought it sucked as I dove deep into its core I realized that at the Tourney level it is even worse. Its clear that Capcom made this game to attemp o draw out Tekkens fans but as someont that accells in both I would say that this was huge mis-step for Capcom. To be even more clear I'd sat that Capcom Failed is fans as well as dissapointed Tekkens fans. By attempting to merge both gaming styles Capcoms designers failed to recognize how it would hurt gameplay. The point of both games is to Showcase Tekken characters on a 2D Stage playing like streetfighter not street fighter characters playing like tekken. I just hope that Namco doesn't make the mistake of having streetfighter characters playimg like Street Fighter EX2, Expand
  13. Aug 29, 2012
    I really wanted to like this game, I tried so hard but the balance is totally unforgivable. For example you will face 4 primary characters that have moves you simply cannot avoid. Hugo, Kazuya, Heiachi and Jin, you hear lots of people complaining about time running out and its usually because they are avoiding these characters. Thier moves take priority and seem to cancel others out they can even cancel a special with a regular weak punch. I actually like the specials, the combos are nice to execute and watch but the problem is the juggling. You can get juggled once and the player can continue until all your life is gone, so one mistake can cost you a match.

HAving played street fighter and tekken all my life I can tell you this game sucks from both of these players perspectives, it's laggy and all you have to do is footsy your way to victory, continous footsy until you gain a hit then follow with a cheesy infinite combo. This go is just terrible, I only gave it a 4 because I like the way they did my girl Juri and some of the combos are nice but this game plays more like an early prototype than a finished game. If you play on a pro level you will hate it even more.

Terrible!
  14. Sep 24, 2012
    Probably fine if you're a Street Fighter fan, but this game is haunted my it's SF mechanics. The game is quite simply boring, it's basically Street Fighter 4 with some added features and Tekken characters. As a guy who have played every major Tekken game ever (even Death By Degrees, which sucks) i didn't feel compelled to play or unlock all the endings at all, and i am a Tekken Junkie, it's one of my favorite games and childhood memories (first playstation game i ever played, was obsessed with Tekken 2). I even used to like Street Fighter back when i was a kid, but doesn't interes me. Expand
  15. Apr 17, 2012
    NEW JUNK GAME FROM CAPCOM
    The game is not important to the required level never AND REAL JUNK GAME 2012 A CANT PLAY TIHS GAME ON MY PS3 OR XBOX !!!! BEC JUNK
  16. May 18, 2012
    I love Tekken and was really looking forward to this release, but when I found out about the DLC I didn't bother. $60 is too much to be trying to sell me such weak additional content. Tekken tag had so many characters and Capcom didn't need to rip us off. Or should I say couldn't?
    Anyway, I spent the $60 on ipad games instead, and while I would have loved to play the latest release of my
    favorite fighting franchise, I feel like I got much more than my money's worth rather than ripped off by some greedy company. Expand
  17. Sep 25, 2012
    Really wanted to like this game. Huge fan of both franchises. This game doesn't play like either one, which would be fine if they came up with a quality original feel...which they didn't. I'll be honest, it only took me a few minutes to realise that this game was a flop, less than 20 minutes of game play total.
  18. May 20, 2012
    Balanced? Are people here really suggesting this game is balanced? They must be Street Fighter fans, because as a Tekken player, I can tell you that this game is far from balanced. It's about as well balanced as SSF4AC. If you're a SF player, you'll feel at home immediately, as very little has really changed - Just hold Down+Back to win the game. If you're a Tekken player, you're probably used to actually fighting... Good luck finding that here. The CPU offers some fun, but come up against a human who has had any SF experience ever, and you'll find out just how useless the Tekken characters really are. With a good selection of Tekken characters on offer, you'll have hours of "fun" trying to find which pair works well against the army of Ryu clones on offer, and even more fun working out where all your favourite combos have gone. Then once you've gotten over the fact that not all characters can punch AND kick (I think Hwoarang's arms are just for show), you'll have even more fun still attempting to go online and fighting in the lag-tastic arena. If you're a Street Fighter player, this is probably the fighting game of 2012. If you're a Tekken player, avoid it and wait for Tekken X Street Fighter. If we're lucky, Namco might make a balanced game... Shame Capcom failed to do so. Expand
  19. May 21, 2012
    This game was rushed out the door. I've been playing Street Fighter since the original but in recent years, Capcom has really let their standard of quality slide down the crapper. The game lacks any semblence of "balance" and the online play is so poor with lag and other glitches that it is nearly unplayable. Don't waste your money on this failure.
  20. Jul 14, 2012
    I am not even gonna bother with a review. Capcom and it's business practice with this game is terrible for the industry. If you buy this game you will open up more $20 DLC on the disc in the future.. Just pass on it and hopefully Capcom will suffer enough with sales that they will change their practices. As for me and Capcom ore relationship is over.
  21. Jun 21, 2012
    On disc DLC that capcom is going to make you pay through the nose for. This is a really disgusting money grubbing move. The game isn't really that bad overall but don't let companies who do crap like this get away with it.
  22. Mar 8, 2013
    I really looked forward to this and was very disaointed with Street Fighter X Tekken. The grahics to SF4 have improved but the rest is average. Also i did not like the gem system and didnt like that the best gems are only dlc only. Bought it full price played it for 10 hours and gave it u.
  23. Jan 30, 2013
    This is NOT a Tekken game. It's a poor attempt to throw Tekken characters into a SF fighter game, without the balance and playtested compatitive nature of SF4 (which I dislike because of the more unnatural and epileptic overall).

'Tis *nothing* a Tekken fan or more experienced player of (balanced) fighties' would be interested in.
  24. Mar 16, 2012

1. May 19, 2012
    Street Fighter X Tekken isn't as ground-breaking as Street fighter IV, but it offers a wholly different and most of all innovative look on a well established formula.
  2. The Tekken draftees are the new Street Fighter characters you don't want to go home. Apart from integrating them visually into Ryu and co's saturated universe, each has had their exhaustive move set refocused to align with Capcom's different play style. It doesn't just work, it's brilliant. [May 2012, p70]
    Maybe it's not the fighting game of the century but it still has its appeal and magical mix of two distinct worlds which works great. [Apr 2012]