5.3

1. Mar 25, 2013
    SFxT is a really good game because it can be played co-operatively, and the customisation of characters along with a good tutorial make it easy to pick up. Game mechanics are quite good and make for much more satisfying matches compared to SSFIV, but the PS3 version is not the best I'm afraid. The framerate seems slightly lower than PC version, and there is noticeable input delay. However,SFxT is a really good game because it can be played co-operatively, and the customisation of characters along with a good tutorial make it easy to pick up. Game mechanics are quite good and make for much more satisfying matches compared to SSFIV, but the PS3 version is not the best I'm afraid. The framerate seems slightly lower than PC version, and there is noticeable input delay. However, the main problem is not this, but the online. Unless you play with someone on full connection in your region it will be the laggiest game you will ever play. If you want a good fighting game which has a large selection of characters to suit everyone, satisfying, nice to look at and has trials, missions, arcade mode etc. then you won't go wrong with this. Just be wary of the PS3 version if you're planning to play online. Expand
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    I really looked forward to this and was very disaointed with Street Fighter X Tekken. The grahics to SF4 have improved but the rest is average. Also i did not like the gem system and didnt like that the best gems are only dlc only. Bought it full price played it for 10 hours and gave it u.
  3. Mar 7, 2012
    10, 10, 10, and then some more 10. I'm not gonna diginfy the people (if that's what they're called) giving this a brutal score. To me, you could almost call this SF6 (yes 6, 2 up from 4, and 4 was awesome), because not only does it have new and better (faster/less recovery) gameplay. It also has a ton of new characters. And the fact that they're imported from Tekken doesn't really matter.10, 10, 10, and then some more 10. I'm not gonna diginfy the people (if that's what they're called) giving this a brutal score. To me, you could almost call this SF6 (yes 6, 2 up from 4, and 4 was awesome), because not only does it have new and better (faster/less recovery) gameplay. It also has a ton of new characters. And the fact that they're imported from Tekken doesn't really matter. In 2D, ALL of them feel new. I'm losing patience with trolls on Metacritic. I don't know what this great website plans on doing about it, but something must be done. Now on to my ME3 review, where the trolls are 10,000 worse than this game Expand
  4. Apr 17, 2012
    NEW JUNK GAME FROM CAPCOM
    The game is not important to the required level never AND REAL JUNK GAME 2012 A CANT PLAY TIHS GAME ON MY PS3 OR XBOX !!!! BEC JUNK
  5. Apr 26, 2013
    There're some people with mental illness or something very large stuck in the anus. NO GAME ON EARTH HAS A NOTE 4/10; 3/10; 2/10; 1/10 OR 0/10, NEITHER AN AVERAGE WITH SAME SCORE. The graphics aren't a note less than 8/10, the game-play is not a note less than 10/10, the soundtrack is not a note less than 9/10, but the multiplayer isn't perfect, I admit, but it's better than MK 2011, andThere're some people with mental illness or something very large stuck in the anus. NO GAME ON EARTH HAS A NOTE 4/10; 3/10; 2/10; 1/10 OR 0/10, NEITHER AN AVERAGE WITH SAME SCORE. The graphics aren't a note less than 8/10, the game-play is not a note less than 10/10, the soundtrack is not a note less than 9/10, but the multiplayer isn't perfect, I admit, but it's better than MK 2011, and is a note higher than a 4/10 or 5/10. The Question of DLC INSIDE THE GAME, it's just an additional-content, IF YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE WASTING MONEY, DON'T BUY THE DLC, OR WAIT IT BECOME FREE. SF X TK IS A WONDERFUL GAME, AND IT PLEASES FANS OF BOTH FRANCHISES. Expand
  6. Jul 14, 2012
    A gem system ruins what should really be quite a solid fighter. However, somehow Capcom thought this long awaited cross-over would be a great time to experiment with P2W concepts in fighting games. Truly a shame.
  7. Aug 21, 2013
    I have recently been getting into fighters, and as a Tekken fan, I can say, this is NOT a Tekken game. It's a Street Fighter game with Tekken characters. So, fellow Tekken fans, please stop whining.
    Truth is, it's a very good fighting game in it's own right. Assuming you pick the right tag partners, each two characters have their own reasons for getting Pandora's box, with their own rivals and (Beautiful) cutscenes.
    There is no real bias towards Street fighter in terms of characters, All character have good movesets, assuming you know how to utilise it The stages are dynamic, but you can't interact with them, which is a shame.
    The gem system isn't as needed as it should be, I managed to do fine without altering them.
    I really enjoy this, and I'm hoping to get the Vita version eventually.
  8. Mar 21, 2012
    Great job! This game makes come from a well forest of intention when you walk backwards, dont worry about the forest someone already wrote it. Great mix up gameplay, giant fun character roster. Cant wait great job
  9. Oct 27, 2013
    Geez the critics have been extremely harsh to this great game...I get the impression it has been played by the wrong type of gamer that didn't get into the complex but easy to get into game with a simple button layout.
    Please give SFxT the chance it deserves and you will discover one of the finest fighting game experiences to be had from two great franchises.
  10. Jul 1, 2013
    Street Fighter X Tekken is a brilliant fighting game that has gotten so much hate just because Capcom is charging players for access to characters locked on the retail disk, That doesn't ruin the whole game! In short, don't buy the DLC and just play the game then you'll see how good it is.

If you've played a decent fighting game, then the fighting mechanics should be familiar but the game takes a few risks of its' own. It's unique features, Gem System and Pandora Mode, does have some balance issues but it gives novice players a chance to fight competitively with more experienced fighters.

Just like SSFIV, the combat is fast-paced and fun. The rosters are impressively huge and varied with all the SF as well as Tekken favourites, complementing each other well, although Blanka is missing. In short, Street Fighter X Tekken is a fun game that moderate and hardcore players can both enjoy.

Newbies will find that some of the best moves can be pulled off much more easily than other fighting games, such as SSFIV, while the game does offer the complexity that hardcore fighting games fans would expect from a fighting game such as this one.
  11. Apr 4, 2012
    Between Capcom vs SNK, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Marvel, we already saw associations of prestige in the world of the fight. But the point of marrying two series as diametrically opposed as Tekken and Street Fighter, the most popular in their register 3D / 2D, the gamble seemed daring. Yet this is the statement by Capcom with Street Fighter X Tekken, which benefits the comeback of the fightBetween Capcom vs SNK, Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and Marvel, we already saw associations of prestige in the world of the fight. But the point of marrying two series as diametrically opposed as Tekken and Street Fighter, the most popular in their register 3D / 2D, the gamble seemed daring. Yet this is the statement by Capcom with Street Fighter X Tekken, which benefits the comeback of the fight to impose its strike force. Enough to forget the big names like that?
    Street IV X Tekken Tag

Loyal to one or the other franchise, you are entitled to ask you what game Tekken X Street follows the trail. No useless crap, the baby has inherited most of the X / Y of his great uncle, Street Fighter IV. Inbreeding requires, we find almost the same engine, the same six buttons, and hence the same overall feel, in the inertia of the characters as the game speed Moderately heavy, less air so less goofy than Marvel, the game are much less wise, others say less square than its illustrious predecessor. With a cast too bloated, it was logical, almost forced, to incorporate a mechanical Tekken Tag inspired. In Tekken X Street, it is possible to appeal to its ally in three main scenarios: at any time, at risk of being beaten up if timing is not right, following a basic sequence, the Cross Rush , a simple combo which concludes on a launcher, to keep the opponent in the air time of handover, and finally, more technical, Cross Cancel, which allows to switch characters in the middle attack, the sacrifice of one third of the gauge.

Tekken The inspiration is not limited to changes in characters full combo. Could focus on the lack of stun or raised to the game a little more varied, with rolls forward to free it. One might also focus on the correct integration of Tekken characters. This is true, passed through the mill Street Fighter, can not be found or their inertia, let alone their entire range of shots. But given the magnitude of the task, we are pleased to see some specific gameplay kept in the timing of shots or projections: between the sequences of syncopated blows low / medium (Lili, Xiaoyu) who are ravaging the melee, the manip 'rarely seen in Street (the Mist Step Kazuya / Jin) or the mugs in three stages (Nina), the winks are still numerous. More generally, it is mainly the desire to make the game accessible hyper reflected this association unlikely.
  12. Mar 20, 2012
    First off I would like to say that this is actually a really fun fighting game. That is no surprise considering Capcom makes some of the best. However I have to say that this game is a total rip off since Capcom has locked away about 30% of the games content behind a pay wall. If you don't know what that is then let me explain. You see all the content including the extra 12 characters andFirst off I would like to say that this is actually a really fun fighting game. That is no surprise considering Capcom makes some of the best. However I have to say that this game is a total rip off since Capcom has locked away about 30% of the games content behind a pay wall. If you don't know what that is then let me explain. You see all the content including the extra 12 characters and costumes are already on the disk. However if you want to unlock them, you have to wait until the fall when the Vita version launches and then pay Capcom and extra $20 for the 12 characters, and another $26 for all the costumes. Capcom claims this is to save people hard drive space, and its to ensure that people who didn't buy the content will be able to play those who did. This is a lame excuse at best and is Capcoms way of trying to milk money from people. I rated this version better then the 360 version since it not only contains 5 extra characters, but you can play 2 players on the same console vs people online as well. Do not buy this game unless you plan on buying it used. Don't support Capcom in any way until they give up these sneaky, greed inspired tactics. Expand
  13. Mar 9, 2012
    Street fighter x tekken is a fun game with a great roster, but has a tough learning curve for people new to fighters, and the gem system isnt much to write home about. The online is fun and seems to have consistant connection, but the system of losing because one fighter dies is very frustrating. IMO you should try it but dont buy this game for anything over $40.
  14. Mar 12, 2012
    Thank you Capcom for putting content I cannot use on the disk! I will not pay more just to have all characters unlocked... seriously who cares about Pac-Man in a fighting game! But unfortunatly the DLC content is not just about characters, there is the gem system in that game and if you want to be competitive you will have to pay to get all the gems available in the game. The gem systemThank you Capcom for putting content I cannot use on the disk! I will not pay more just to have all characters unlocked... seriously who cares about Pac-Man in a fighting game! But unfortunatly the DLC content is not just about characters, there is the gem system in that game and if you want to be competitive you will have to pay to get all the gems available in the game. The gem system is not even that interesting anyway. I understand that Capcom tried to attract casual players with this game and I think it's a good idea, but I doubt hardcore player will appreciate it. The one button preset combo thing is really retarded, it defeats the purpose of the game where all the strategy now goes into switching characters. Expand
  15. Jul 14, 2012
    I am not even gonna bother with a review. Capcom and it's business practice with this game is terrible for the industry. If you buy this game you will open up more $20 DLC on the disc in the future.. Just pass on it and hopefully Capcom will suffer enough with sales that they will change their practices. As for me and Capcom ore relationship is over.
  16. Nov 18, 2012
    Two completely different fighting inputs put into one game is a bit difficult at first, but you get used to it. However I'd rather play Street Fighter or Tekken as its own game
  17. Mar 15, 2012
    This game is phenomenally dope!
    This game is phenomenally dope!
    I love fighting games in general, Capcom fighters are usually ace. This one is no exception in face Street Fighter X Tekken is my favorite versus game yet. The tag element in a SSFIV like engine is pure gaming Nirvana. The hits are so Nirvana in fact that the impact animations & sound blast like a shotgun shell to the face! The Tekken characters really flow well with their combos but I must say Paul & Law are pretty weak in this WTF! Heichi & Kuma are beastly. As a Tekken fighter you must close the distance their are duck unders for fire ball attacks. At first the Capcom fighters appear to have an advantage we will see in the long run. the important thing is the the game play engine is rock solid. Me & my girlfriend local co oped much of the story mode together & she isn't a gamer. This game oozes charisma, I really love the backgrounds although in the heat of battle i tend to blur it out & focus on the combatants. I really hope that there will be a Street Fighter X Mortal Kombat in our future....

While I hate the fact that we have a ton of finished characters on disk, (such as my SSF4 Main Cody) I cannot hate this game. I do hate Capcoms way of shaking down the consumer with price gouging tactics. It is pathetic. DLC could be the best thing ever to breathe new life into games months later. Yet companies would rather plan it while developing it & forget a game exists a few months after launch. Capcom loves to put out updated versions & sell us the same game time & time again. Why not just make DLC for one version of the game. I couldn't help myself buying this knowing a new version will be up the pipeline. I really can say I don't regret it one bit!
    You babies should enjoy the ton of content that is here. Still I applaud your complaints hopefully you complain directly to capcom so we can have these characters unlocked for free.
  18. Mar 18, 2012
    Street Fighter x Tekken may be one of the most notable fighting games of the last decade. Its smooth, fast gameplay is some of the most fun Iâ
  19. Jan 30, 2013
    This is NOT a Tekken game. It's a poor attempt to throw Tekken characters into a SF fighter game, without the balance and playtested compatitive nature of SF4 (which I dislike because of the more unnatural and epileptic overall).

'Tis *nothing* a Tekken fan or more experienced player of (balanced) fighties' would be interested in.
  20. Sep 25, 2012
    Really wanted to like this game. Huge fan of both franchises. This game doesn't play like either one, which would be fine if they came up with a quality original feel...which they didn't. I'll be honest, it only took me a few minutes to realise that this game was a flop, less than 20 minutes of game play total.
  21. Oct 29, 2014
    This game was awful for me. Graphics are nice (not excellent, thought), and the gameplay is fast. Too fast. No tutorials and a very pronunciated difficulty scale. Annoying arcade mode, with online people interrupting your progress. Stupid final videos with almost no effort in doing them nice.
    But, the worst of all, is that the content the game have is only unblockable paying it, up to 150$! Even the colours have to be bought...
  22. Mar 6, 2012
    A fantastic fighting game with a solid engine with unique style bringing two vastly different graphics together. Gameplay is fast and fluid, but the tag system of one partner dies, the other dies too gets annoying and feels sorta wierd. The cast is huge and varied and there is lots of modes from story to scramble. Online sucks though and there is constant lag. A fantastic game though.
  23. May 29, 2012
    The game just dosen't play right. It def dosent feel like street fighter. I do not understand why they thought that including stupid fighters from Tekken was a good idea. If it played like street fighter it would be much better. Also, all the fighters that are on the disk that you aren't allowed to play is an insult. It does look good though and is really smooth. I cant say that itThe game just dosen't play right. It def dosent feel like street fighter. I do not understand why they thought that including stupid fighters from Tekken was a good idea. If it played like street fighter it would be much better. Also, all the fighters that are on the disk that you aren't allowed to play is an insult. It does look good though and is really smooth. I cant say that it feels like it is broken or anything, it was just the wrong path to go down. Expand
  24. Sep 24, 2012
    Probably fine if you're a Street Fighter fan, but this game is haunted my it's SF mechanics. The game is quite simply boring, it's basically Street Fighter 4 with some added features and Tekken characters. As a guy who have played every major Tekken game ever (even Death By Degrees, which sucks) i didn't feel compelled to play or unlock all the endings at all, and i am a Tekken Junkie,Probably fine if you're a Street Fighter fan, but this game is haunted my it's SF mechanics. The game is quite simply boring, it's basically Street Fighter 4 with some added features and Tekken characters. As a guy who have played every major Tekken game ever (even Death By Degrees, which sucks) i didn't feel compelled to play or unlock all the endings at all, and i am a Tekken Junkie, it's one of my favorite games and childhood memories (first playstation game i ever played, was obsessed with Tekken 2). I even used to like Street Fighter back when i was a kid, but doesn't interes me. Expand
  25. Sep 27, 2012
    My expectation for this game was hoping to see something pretty much similar to Street Fighter II or IV fighting style with certainly adding on to the improvement on the back end engines. Unfortunately, this game is in between Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom (series). It didn't live up to its potential for me. The entire method of the game switched from one of mastering specialMy expectation for this game was hoping to see something pretty much similar to Street Fighter II or IV fighting style with certainly adding on to the improvement on the back end engines. Unfortunately, this game is in between Street Fighter IV and Marvel vs. Capcom (series). It didn't live up to its potential for me. The entire method of the game switched from one of mastering special moves to learning how to cheese with unblockable combo chains, with or without special moves, that would juggle your opponent to the point where players COULDN'T do anything. The whole idea is juggling your opponent(s) into combos that can't be blocked and can't be broken and then unleashing a series hit strings that takes down their life to near dead. As a result, the "X" factor excitement that exist in Street Fighter series are gone. With the new addition of partner/tag systems, all the strategy now goes into switching partners/characters and more IRRITATINGLY, the tag system of one partner dies, the other dies too. Capcom really need to learn more from SNK in this department. Another new addition to this game is the gem system. I must give this credit to Capcom with this new creative ideas. However, the main problem with the gems are uncontrollable. It is not like I want to execute the gems when I need them; but rather, if it met certain criterias, then the gems is activated automatically. It beats the purpose of having them in the first place. I have also never like them because of the neon color (red, yellow, or green) is activated depending on which gem is activated and it makes eyes very uncomfortable. But if you want to be competitive, you have no choice but to own and to strategize all those gems. The best part is you will have to pay to get all the gems available in the game. When you are in the middle of fight you could not even remember how many times you blocked or attacked. You hardly could monitor this; in the end, it won't matter anymore. It will be a different story if it can be controlled and executed when you want them to be executed according to your own timing. Graphically, the game is OK. It has humorous characters' acting and decent story modes, but meaningless trial challenge. I'm sure people who only started playing Marvel vs. Capcom (series) will be in love with this game. But as someone who grew up with Street Fighter, who remembers learning the moves, the skill and timing of how to deploy them, this game is a much disappointment especially to the Street Fighter II and IV fans. Expand
  26. Mar 24, 2013
    Street Fighter X Tekken is a crossover fighter that a fair few of us have all waited for since the late 90’s when both games really changed the fight scene forever; Tekken with its true to form moves and use of controls (with some wacky exceptions admittedly) and Street Fighter with its special abilities and out of this world character roster (with some normal exceptions). This couldn’tStreet Fighter X Tekken is a crossover fighter that a fair few of us have all waited for since the late 90’s when both games really changed the fight scene forever; Tekken with its true to form moves and use of controls (with some wacky exceptions admittedly) and Street Fighter with its special abilities and out of this world character roster (with some normal exceptions). This couldn’t possibly go wrong, right?

So after revisiting the game after all the hype on the vita version, I started to take the assets of the game apart and really summarise their uses. You see the game on a base level is as seemingly solid as street fighter 2 in its play style, as was street fighter 4; but it’s unique ability usage this time round isn’t. For instance, Pandora mode is not only time consuming to pull off, but you have to be in a perfect situation to use it, completely defeating it as any kind of game changer; it just puts too much danger on an already failing player and on most occasions subtracts balance further.

The gem unit is actually okay, I don’t really have a problem with it, as it works to your play style and can somewhat be rewarding to use; it’s not terribly useful at the start, but it does grow into one of the games nicer assets if you’re able to invest your time further after witnessing the base level.

A big problem with the play style though, is the fact that the cross over combo practically becomes repetitive and “OP” in the right hands; In single player, matches can be dominated with this one feature and a few low “H-kicks” thrown in for good measure.

The gameplay somewhat eliminates inputs for special moves altogether, and more often than not in a common CPU based situation, you’ll be allocating the use of special moves simply to collect a few trophies on top. That said though, Street Fighter X Tekken is still a fun online game, and there is still a major challenge against the world’s finest players, but it’s no wonder as to why a lot of the most die-hard fighting game fans would rather stick to UMVC3 when it comes to cross overs.

Street Fighter X Tekken has a fair few problems that stop it from being a seriously competitive game, but if you’re a general fan of both series, the game will provide hours of fun with your dream team match ups. Apparently there is supposedly a Tekken X Street Fighter somewhere in the making, and to some extent, this would be the much better mechanic for both worlds to dive into if it does ever come to light; after all it would most likely be able to use the successful Tekken Tag mechanic and simply add to it.

Here’s hoping that we possibly see an interpretation from Namco sometime in the coming year or so.
  27. Mar 6, 2012
    I think people giving it a bad score are just haters...because it doesn't make sense to hate this game and
    I would honestly ignore the people that give it a 7 or lower...It's a fighting game with great production value that uses a lot of fighting mechanics. It has a large cast with a variety of personalities. The gems work really well...it adds some level of customization. I'm sure through out the months Capcom will add some stuff. It's easily accessible to newcomers as well. Tekken characters blend really well. The only thing I hope is that they make the online connection better. It's not as bad as KOFXIII but it could be a bit better. Overall, alone or with friends this game is a lot of fun.
  28. Apr 15, 2012
    I'm very disappointed and I will not get this game or probably will just get it used. no money for a company that has no respect for their consumers.
  29. Jun 1, 2012
    I had high hopes for this game as soon as it was announced. Unfortunately it didn't live up to it's potential for me. I should say that while I have been a long time fan of both franchises, I am more of a Tekken fighter. That being said, if you are coming into this game from more of a Tekken perspective...you may not like it too much. In taking Tekken into a 2-D plane, maybe thereI had high hopes for this game as soon as it was announced. Unfortunately it didn't live up to it's potential for me. I should say that while I have been a long time fan of both franchises, I am more of a Tekken fighter. That being said, if you are coming into this game from more of a Tekken perspective...you may not like it too much. In taking Tekken into a 2-D plane, maybe there wasn't any way around it but they completely changed the button setup. It just didn't work for me. Also, being a big fan of Law, I was really disappointed with what they did with his character. He just came off as a desperate, money hungry bum. All in all, if you're really interested in the game I would say rent it or borrow it from a friend. Expand
  30. Jun 21, 2012
    On disc DLC that capcom is going to make you pay through the nose for. This is a really disgusting money grubbing move. The game isn't really that bad overall but don't let companies who do crap like this get away with it.

1. May 19, 2012
    Street Fighter X Tekken isn't as ground-breaking as Street fighter IV, but it offers a wholly different and most of all innovative look on a well established formula.
  2. The Tekken draftees are the new Street Fighter characters you don't want to go home. Apart from integrating them visually into Ryu and co's saturated universe, each has had their exhaustive move set refocused to align with Capcom's different play style. It doesn't just work, it's brilliant. [May 2012, p70]
    Maybe it's not the fighting game of the century but it still has its appeal and magical mix of two distinct worlds which works great. [Apr 2012]