6.5

1. Nov 14, 2011
    I don't know how good or bad this game is on PC, and I don't know why there are PC Reviewers on the PS3 page. Skyrim on PS3 is amazing and I am having a ton of fun playing it and creating my character how I want to play him. I can't wait to play it again with a different type of character. Very few games can give you this many hours of gameplay. Buy it!!
  2. Nov 14, 2011
    Not perfect but by far one the best open world RPGs ever made. The elder scrolls games have a long history or cramming 50+ hours into a single game making the games themself one of th efew games available that is actually a good deal for the amount of money you pay. I put over 150hours into Oblivion between the core story, side quests and expansions so yes they nay-Sayers can complainNot perfect but by far one the best open world RPGs ever made. The elder scrolls games have a long history or cramming 50+ hours into a single game making the games themself one of th efew games available that is actually a good deal for the amount of money you pay. I put over 150hours into Oblivion between the core story, side quests and expansions so yes they nay-Sayers can complain that Skyrim offers more of the same with some minor improvements, I see this as a testament to the fact that Oblivion was such a great game there was little that needed to be done to improve it. That being said Skyrim may initially feel the same but the deeper you get into the combat and creation systems the more you can see the improvements. I am only about 6 hours in and so far this game already stands out as a solid contender for GOTY at least RPG of the year. Fantastic visuals (a few areas of pop-up on textures), decent voice acting, better than most. Solid gameplay though a bit hectic in some of the most intense situations when you are surrounded it is easy to lose sight of your target. This few knocks keep it from total perfection but when tyou consider ther is close to 100 hours of gameplay on this disc for the same $60 that some other games give you 10 and 12 hours of gameplay you get more bang for your buck. If you are into this type of open world exploration rpg game you cannot pass this one up. Expand
  3. Nov 11, 2011
    If there is any game that would make you want to leave this life and live and live within that instead has won the hearts of me and millions like me. Bethesda, do not stop creating, do not stop loving what you create, you really do put your "dragon soul" into these games every-time you design/ develop them, thank you.
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    I absolubtely despised RPG's. No RPG was good enough for me. Skyrim changed that. An absolutely great game that will keep you glued to the couch. Instead of being like most games ( follow a linear path, shoot, repeat) this game defines RPG's. One of the best games in the market.
  5. Nov 11, 2011
    What can be said about Skyrim? well I'll tell you,the game is awsome it has great graphics that I never thought could be done on consoles but Bethesda pulled it off and it's amazing.now skyrim does have it's Bugs and Glitches but that's okay seeing as how the game is open world and is huge enough to get lost in.If your an elder scrolls fan or an RPG fan or just like a great story you haveWhat can be said about Skyrim? well I'll tell you,the game is awsome it has great graphics that I never thought could be done on consoles but Bethesda pulled it off and it's amazing.now skyrim does have it's Bugs and Glitches but that's okay seeing as how the game is open world and is huge enough to get lost in.If your an elder scrolls fan or an RPG fan or just like a great story you have got to play this game. Expand
  6. Nov 11, 2011
    so skyrim 1 word flawless. i used to think mass effect 2 was the best game ever until now skyrim is the BEST game ever made the story is amazing the combat is flawless fighting dragons is challenging yet still fun. this game will never end. my pick for game of the year and the best game ever made until mass effect 3 comes out.
  7. Nov 17, 2011
    I should give this game a 0 for hor the addiction level! This game is awsome! This is a game thats worth $60. Unlike other games that just release the same game every year to *Cough Mw3 Cough*
  8. Nov 14, 2011
    Good, this game is diffidently worth the buy. Imagine a giant world that you can immerse yourself into and that's skyrim. You do not have to play the other games to understand Skyrim.
  9. Nov 20, 2011
    One of the best games I have played. There is a few bugs here and there but the thousands of awesome features make up for those completely. This should get Game of the Year.
  10. Nov 22, 2011
    There are only a few games I buy for $60, and this is definitely one of them. It is just simply amazing, great graphics/environment, good storyline, and very, very open world. Bugs are to be expected on occasion, and when the save file starts to get bigger expect glitches/freezing. They are in the process of fixing this, but seeing as New Vegas went, it might be a little while. I only haveThere are only a few games I buy for $60, and this is definitely one of them. It is just simply amazing, great graphics/environment, good storyline, and very, very open world. Bugs are to be expected on occasion, and when the save file starts to get bigger expect glitches/freezing. They are in the process of fixing this, but seeing as New Vegas went, it might be a little while. I only have two issues with the title; Kids, and Quest NPC's. If you can't kill something then you shouldn't put it in a elder scrolls title should you? If you commit a crime, it stops you from being able to kill all witnesses... Expand
  11. May 7, 2012
    Complete BS on how Spike VGA's gave this game "GOTY" where it was broken on the PS3 version. I'm getting sick and tired of this company and their glitch fest's. Skyrim fans are just as bad as the Call of Duty fans..
  12. Jan 17, 2012
    I swear to god, I´ll never buy a Bethesda game again, you know why? Because they are pros in creating a big fu***ing hype for a game that s*cks and then just leave it there. I spent 60 bucks on this broken game and I don´t see Bethesa working to solve the PS3 lag issue. They just don´t care, just leave the st*pid gamer that invested his money on theirI swear to god, I´ll never buy a Bethesda game again, you know why? Because they are pros in creating a big fu***ing hype for a game that s*cks and then just leave it there. I spent 60 bucks on this broken game and I don´t see Bethesa working to solve the PS3 lag issue. They just don´t care, just leave the st*pid gamer that invested his money on their game and start developing another piece of f**king sh*t game. Skyrim is not fun, even without the lag issue it would still s*ck big time, the game is repetitive and superficial. I hope Bethesda burns for what they did to us. Expand
  13. Feb 5, 2012
    This game is absolute garbage in its current condition. I made a metacritic account for the sole purpose of making prospective buyers aware of the total garbage they could be purchasing

Great game - but completely unplayable on the ps3
  14. Mar 9, 2012
    This game is not as good as it was hyped to be. 1st) It is broken, bugs, glitches, lag galore, even fixed, the bugs and glitches are EVERYWHERE! I mean quest bugs are almost all the time, people multiply, dragons kill quest characters, list goes on and on. (yes I do realize this is a "huge" and "open world game" But there is plenty of games that are open world with less glitches. 2nd) NoThis game is not as good as it was hyped to be. 1st) It is broken, bugs, glitches, lag galore, even fixed, the bugs and glitches are EVERYWHERE! I mean quest bugs are almost all the time, people multiply, dragons kill quest characters, list goes on and on. (yes I do realize this is a "huge" and "open world game" But there is plenty of games that are open world with less glitches. 2nd) No spellcrafting, yeah this is a big failure, as all of TES, had this function, and no it does not make magic more "spreadsheety" and even if it did, magic is a science, and you did not do a good job of avoiding it Bethesda, as it has duration/damage/range....

3rd) Uninteresting and bland, the story is not even a story, and lose interest in it, the factions are the shortest thing ever besides the war, and those are just repeat quests over and over. The combat is boring and weak, it should be more like Dark Souls.... Exploration is fun for about a week.... 4th) Lies... What happened to the economy thing Bethesda? That we could destroy the woodmills, work with the windmills, destroying the economy or build it up, as you sell more of one item it loses value and ect. Hrm....
  15. Jun 1, 2012
    Severely dated combat mechanics (and I by dated we're talking by about a decade) hamper this game so much that for all it's good points (namely nearly everything else) it's not enjoyable to play.
  16. Jul 9, 2012
    DO NOT, under any circumstances buy this game for the PS3, unless it's $20 or below. This is the worst version out to date, and it's funny how these pig headed publishers/Bethesda still prices this game as the 360 version. This game is still plague with major problems even with the patch. There still sound bugs, freezing, getting stuck in walls, and cracks, flying animals, glitches,DO NOT, under any circumstances buy this game for the PS3, unless it's $20 or below. This is the worst version out to date, and it's funny how these pig headed publishers/Bethesda still prices this game as the 360 version. This game is still plague with major problems even with the patch. There still sound bugs, freezing, getting stuck in walls, and cracks, flying animals, glitches, animation issues, must I go on? If your smart with your money, you'll wait for a dramatic price drop, or a complete edition for cheap, or just avoid this game on the PS3 all together. WTF are these main critics doing giving this a 9-10 for the PS3 version is beyond my understanding. Don't buy into the lies. Expand
  17. Jul 4, 2012
    I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews. Maybe because haven't played any Elder Scrolls games prior to Skyrim, I'm not able to compare it, however, the apparent issue is probably that all the other reviews are just complaining about bugs. Also, there was some link set up on a popular website that was entitle "Post Problems about Skyrim Here", and, because of that, this pageI don't understand why there are so many bad reviews. Maybe because haven't played any Elder Scrolls games prior to Skyrim, I'm not able to compare it, however, the apparent issue is probably that all the other reviews are just complaining about bugs. Also, there was some link set up on a popular website that was entitle "Post Problems about Skyrim Here", and, because of that, this page has probably attracted the attention of many people who are frustrated by the glitches and are unable to enjoy Skyrim to it's fullest. However, if you are able to play (with minor glitches at least, no doubt), Skyrim is a game with a beautiful environment that I found myself enjoying multiple playthroughs of more than any other game I've played. Although the game might be getting a little stale for me, I'm especially excited for the new DLC coming in September, called Dawnguard. All these factors added together gives this game a perfect 10. Expand
  18. Jan 20, 2013
    the story its cool but when you start playing it you get stuck, they dont help you, like most of the gamers hate the long quests like if you are on x place the quest says you need to go to y place or like a place 500miles away from you.
  19. Nov 14, 2011
    The dilema giving Skyrim a score is the choice between 9 and 10. Its not perfect, It has flaws, a few patches are definately in order. And yet its the most incredable enviroment I've ever witnessed on a PC, The word game do'es not do it justice. SO... 10 it is.
  20. Nov 11, 2011
    THE game of the decade. It has everything you could ever want in a videogame, and really a whole lot more. It has the best of everything it includes in the game, and it includes a whole hell of a lot.
  21. Nov 11, 2011
    There are times in this game where I just stop and stare at the world that it creates. A game as magical and absorbing as this deserves nothing less than a ten.
  22. Nov 11, 2011
    Il est enfin la, le rpg ultime de betesda sur cette génération, j'adore, techniquement bon même si la version pc est bien meilleur, l'histoire du titre est classique mais reste interessante, comme d'habitude avec les elder scrolls, un grand jeu
  23. Nov 11, 2011
    This game is just amazing! I really enjoyed Oblivion loved it even. There is plenty to explore, many side missions that are available just by visiting cities. Some people have given this a bad score don't listen to them they have no idea what they are thinking. This is my favourite RPG game to date nothing in my mind can compere to it! The horses and water effects and how it works areThis game is just amazing! I really enjoyed Oblivion loved it even. There is plenty to explore, many side missions that are available just by visiting cities. Some people have given this a bad score don't listen to them they have no idea what they are thinking. This is my favourite RPG game to date nothing in my mind can compere to it! The horses and water effects and how it works are better than before. It is the same for the menus and how you level up and become better. If you get this game you will not be disappointed. Expand
  24. Nov 15, 2011
    Great game.... environment is outstanding. I would give it a 9.5. The amount of quests you get can be overwhelming and you can get lost in the plot. Also there are a few crashes and bugs. But that doesn't ruin the experience. If you are looking for a pure RPG... get this game.
  25. Nov 21, 2011
    my words are unworthy to describe this game. it is simply a masterpiece. i've been playing for probably 20 hours yet it feels i've barely scratched the surface. the graphics are beautiful, the spells and weapons stylish, and the enemies epic.
  26. Nov 12, 2011
    Look. Doubtless you could spend a fair while nitpicking at all the negatives in the game, and admittedly, like ALL games there are a few. But it does not override the fact that this is a simply OUTSTANDING game that is easily up there with the biggest contenders this year, dare I say it even surpasses them by many miles. While some may see a broken, glitchy repeat, I see a game thatLook. Doubtless you could spend a fair while nitpicking at all the negatives in the game, and admittedly, like ALL games there are a few. But it does not override the fact that this is a simply OUTSTANDING game that is easily up there with the biggest contenders this year, dare I say it even surpasses them by many miles. While some may see a broken, glitchy repeat, I see a game that thrusts a truly mesmerising world into your fingertips and shouts, "Go forth, Explore this land we hath created for you!". Say goodbye to fast-travel, because the soundtrack and the sheer beauty of it will make you want to walk everywhere. Expand
  27. Nov 19, 2011
    If you don't like long reviews - I like Skyrim. A lot. It's the Game of the Year and more. If you aren't playing it, you are missing out on hands-down the best game I've ever played. Period. Full stop.

I created an account here specifically because I was SHOCKED at the scores for Skyrim and because I wanted to add my voice to the chorus who loved it. So take what follows for what it's worth.

Skyrim feels like nothing short of a triumph of modern gaming. It is huge, interesting, and immersive like nothing that's come before, and more importantly, it is as deep as the ocean. I have put more than 50 hours into this game and I haven't even scratched the surface. It is as deep as the World of Warcraft except single player, if that makes sense. And every second is just a breathtaking testament to how much attention the design team paid to EVERYTHING. Characters interact in realistic ways - when I slayed a dragon on the main street of a town, two NPCs (a shopkeeper and another that I had seen walking around the town for days before) died forever and for the next week (in game) every one in town was in awe of the dragon fight and skeleton...it was a procedurally generated event (I *think*) that FELT scripted, which is the highest compliment I think I can pay. When the line blurs between story events designed by a truly outstanding creative team and story events designed by the game engine, that's a very good sign.

The graphics are lush and beautiful, the music and sound design is awe-inspiring. It makes the real world pale in comparison. Seriously.

The deepness in the game is truly stunning. I could (and have!) spent hours just creating weapons and armor with Smithing, hours Enchanting, hours practicing Alchemy...and that is all in excess of the tens of storylines, each epic, each deep, each amazing. The only complaint I have about the storylines and immersion of the game is that it sometimes seems like too much...it's hard to stay focused because there's just so much going on.

It is the most open experience I've ever had in any game, ever. That includes tabletop games, run by good GMs, who could literally respond to every thought and whim in real-time (and didn't have to generate a beautiful 3D world as well). The closest comparison that I can make, that almost no one will understand, is this: if you created a Rogue-like game, with infinite procedurally generated dungeons and combined it with the kind of 3D environments that you see on next gen consoles...that's awfully close to what Skyrim is. It scratches that itch very, very well. The difference of course is that the environment in Skyrim is hand designed - every inch of every game map has been touched by a designer, and it shows.

It's the first game that I would argue is almost past the point of art - it's so immerse, calling it art cheapens it. It really is just a triumph in every way.

So to show that I'm not completely blind, here are the things I don't like - I have several times seen glitches and errors pop up...but usually after I had been playing the game for six hours at a stretch or greater. I restarted my console and went on without a problem. Once or twice I've even had a 'hard' freeze on my console, but recovered with really no data loss. The inventory/magic menu system is elegant but not particularly user friendly - it can feel cumbersome, especially in the middle of a fight. This is due primarily to the huge number of things in your inventory, though. And I'm not sure how it could be better, just to say that it can be clunky at times. The combat system is tricky because it's deeper than it appears to be....you can't just walk up to a better-equipped opponent and wail away. Rather than stand in front of them and button mash, to not be instantly slaughtered you have to move, almost like a high level boxer, feinting and reacting to your opponents attacks. Probably fewer than 1 in 50 combat situations fall into this category, though. And for every shockingly hard combat, there are also multiple ways to win - sometimes a magical item, sometimes a spell, and sometimes through sneaking and surprise. Again, creativity from the player is encouraged.

None of these minor problems distract from an overall amazing experience.

I am not a typical Skyrim player. I didn't even know about the game until the day before its release, and got so stoked up that I actually went to the midnight release (my first time ever doing so). I went in with no particularly high expectations - maybe that's why some users are unimpressed? I just wanted a cool game to play. But Skyrim has exceeded everything I could have even imagined.

Buy it now. It's not a game, it's an alternate reality.
  28. Dec 26, 2011
    I highly agree with Chrisking8613's comment... From what I've seen in order to fix the lag issues it seem to help by 1, creating several save files and making a new save each time (or overwriting if you have too many) or by 2, Updating your PS3/Skyrim. The update is most likely all that you need but I do both and don't experience any lockups or extreme lagging. So you will need both anI highly agree with Chrisking8613's comment... From what I've seen in order to fix the lag issues it seem to help by 1, creating several save files and making a new save each time (or overwriting if you have too many) or by 2, Updating your PS3/Skyrim. The update is most likely all that you need but I do both and don't experience any lockups or extreme lagging. So you will need both an internet connection and a large hard-drive, if you post a comment about "extreme lags" please specify if you've tried anything that I've suggested. Expand
  29. Nov 11, 2011
    Epic game... Graphics are great... Gameplay is awesome... What more can you ask for :) Im really enjoying the dragon souls part of the game. I hope the addons are epic for this game.
  30. Nov 30, 2011
    Skyrim, is far from a perfect game, but that doesn't detract from what it is, game of the year.

Visually, Skyrim is absolutely stunning. I can recall multiple times while running across the wilderness, i have stopped and stared off into the horizon as the sky lit up, reminiscent of the Norther Lights, with a mountain range with snow capped peaks and low cloud clover sat in the distance. All the creatures and characters as well, are very fleshed out to create a very lively world, a very lively beautiful world, for the player to do what they will in it. Now with my short time on the 360 version, there were a few screen tearing issues, but I've put in nearly double the time of the PS3, now at 80 hours, and haven't noticed a single time this has happened. There have been a few frame rate drops when there are a high amount of particle effects, but you have to remember, this game was designed and built on the 360 and ported to the PS3. So, for a ported game, it's not bad at all.

The gameplay has changed substantially as well. The combat system has had a overhaul to the point where you can duel wield daggers, swords, axes or even magic spells. You can even combine these spells to create an absolutely destruction spell to unleash on your enemies. The menu system has been overhauled too. It has been created to be used with minimal button pressing, but, can be navigated completely with any of the cardinal directions on either the d-pad or left joystick. Button pressing only comes on entering the system, to quick exit, or assign a weapon or item as a favorite or which hand to equip it too. It really is, a superb system that is easy to learn and fun to use.

Now the game, is massive. I've started quests, worked on them for a half hour, only to be given a new quest and go off and start on that one. And the amount of content, is staggering. So far, no two dungeons have been alike. They've all been very alive. From the old derelict crumbling fortresses populated and controlled by bandit tribes, to caves full of necromancers and their undead armies to ice caves with a very nice reference to Star Wars in which a dead Luke is hanging upside down. The game is massive, and will take weeks to complete completely.

As I said, there are bugs, from some physics glitches in which a giant can smack you into orbit as if you were a satellite to a dragon's carcass dancing if you load into a city and it's where you killed it. These, can be overlooked, for underneath these few minor annoyances, likes an artistic masterpiece that everyone should participate in.
  31. Nov 14, 2011
    Oblivion stole about 300+ hours from my life and I have no doubt in my mind that Skyrim will do the same. I picked the game up on the PS3 and so far it looks absolutely beautiful, despite a few lazy textures the game is wonderful to look at. One of my favorite elements of the Elder Scrolls games is the rich immersion into the lore of the world and the unique way the story is told andOblivion stole about 300+ hours from my life and I have no doubt in my mind that Skyrim will do the same. I picked the game up on the PS3 and so far it looks absolutely beautiful, despite a few lazy textures the game is wonderful to look at. One of my favorite elements of the Elder Scrolls games is the rich immersion into the lore of the world and the unique way the story is told and Skyrim exceeded all my story expectations. I've already wasted at least 2 hours reading the in game story books. The world is so immersive that you may find yourself whispering to your friends on the couch while sneaking, or wanting to let out a battle cry after one of the many dragon fights, the game takes you in and doesn't let go. The combat took what we all loved from oblivion and improved the movements a lot, the magic feels fresh and new with the ability to dual wield spells and weapons, get ready to feel like a bad ass.

All good things aside there were some issues you may want to be ready for. There is some texture issues with the environments, noticed mostly on the cobblestone streets but its easy to ignore, graphical lag can occur every now and then. Many players fear the dreaded game freeze and I have to admit, I have had to restart my console to resolve one myself but so far its a one time thing. The voice acting has improved and the characters feel more real but there's still some pretty cheesy dialogue this also pretty rare.

Overall I'm going to go with about a 9, if Bethesda can spit out a few bug fixing patches in the near future my rating may go up, mainly because my only problems with the game are technical issues, and that its going to steal my social life away for god knows how long.
  32. Dec 9, 2011
    Bugs should knock a gaming masterpiece down from a 10 to a 9, not from a 10 to a 0. The number of people that gave the game a 0 is truly indicative of one thing: trolls are truly whiny deep down. Big games will have a few glitches. Not every game will provide the instant gratification that Call of Duty does. Get over it.
  33. Nov 14, 2011
    I bought this game on a whim, simply because I haven't had a game to play for ages and the simple conclusion is: This game is incredible! I'm not one to follow the main quest line in the elder scrolls games, so the first thing I usually do is head straight into the wild to see what the world throws at me. The world threw dragons, amazing dungeons, horses and epic quest lines at me. ThisI bought this game on a whim, simply because I haven't had a game to play for ages and the simple conclusion is: This game is incredible! I'm not one to follow the main quest line in the elder scrolls games, so the first thing I usually do is head straight into the wild to see what the world throws at me. The world threw dragons, amazing dungeons, horses and epic quest lines at me. This game is a must have! I recommend you get it to PC as you will have the possibility to play using mods created by the vast community. Some glitches holds it from getting a perfect score. Expand
  34. Nov 19, 2011
    Fantastic game. Above and beyond oblivion and I loved that game. Graphics are very nice, game is seemingly endless with tons of play time, amazing scenery, and beautiful music. Recommend to anybody who enjoys RPGs.
  35. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing! So much better than oblivion. A true masterpiece. Bethesda just keeps putting out some of the most amazing games. It will pull you in and take over your life. Thank you so much Bethesda.
  36. Nov 21, 2011
    I never played any of the Elder Scrolls games before Skyrim, and I admit that I rushed into buying it the day it came out but I am really glad I did because it really is an amazing game. Sure, there are a few things that need to be fixed up but that can be expected with a new release. I highly recommend buying Skyrim, you wont regret it.
  37. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is great it is huge and there soo many things for you to do that it can even overwhelming at times. However the major flaw in this game for this console is the frame rate. I do not remember oblivion having frame rate issues, and they are in actuality the same size. They have released the 1.02 patch that has improved the frame rate issues but has not eliminated them entirely. iThis game is great it is huge and there soo many things for you to do that it can even overwhelming at times. However the major flaw in this game for this console is the frame rate. I do not remember oblivion having frame rate issues, and they are in actuality the same size. They have released the 1.02 patch that has improved the frame rate issues but has not eliminated them entirely. i can tell you though that it is not nearly as bad as it was, and if Bethesda keeps working at it then I'm happy I guess. Although they really should of fixed this before releasing it, and none of the critic reviews ever mentioned frame rate issues which really pisses me off. Makes you think that some shady business is going on there. Expand
  38. Nov 12, 2011
    The first hour is a bit disapointing. That said, Skyrim offers a better experience in every ways than Oblivion or Fallout. I love being lost in this tremendous world. A game where we dont count hours...
  39. Dec 2, 2011
    Bethesda is well known by their massive huge worlds that are tantalizing to explore from begining to the end. What is left in here is a masterpiece that is impossible to resist. Hats off
  40. Nov 14, 2011
    Fantastic fun game that does a great job immersing you into its world. It feels like it looks and I love the setting, coldy windy, norse mythology mixed with the deep story and background of Elder Scrolls.

It rings familiar of Oblivion but the characters feel like real humans and while still not exactly pretty don't rip you our of the experience any longer. The simplified skilling system is perfect for me because i dont want to get my calculator out and permanently worry about messing up my "build". I can understand if you liked that part of the previous games you might be dissapointed by that. For me it balances out to a great value and I look forward to a long winter in Skyrim
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    It's an amazing game. From the set-pieces, such as the great intro, to the magnificent vistas and the populace of skyrim, it just makes you want to play more and more of it. Don't be surprised if at some point you've said "ok, i'm just going to finish this quest and then i'll put down the controller, have to wake up for work tomorrow" just to realize, after what seems to be maybe half anIt's an amazing game. From the set-pieces, such as the great intro, to the magnificent vistas and the populace of skyrim, it just makes you want to play more and more of it. Don't be surprised if at some point you've said "ok, i'm just going to finish this quest and then i'll put down the controller, have to wake up for work tomorrow" just to realize, after what seems to be maybe half an hour, that dawn is coming and you've been playing for hours and hours. In my opinion it's one of the games that I would fully recommend to anyone, whether they've played any of the other Elder Scrolls or not. Expand
  42. Nov 12, 2011
    Just perfect game.
    Good story, improved game play, very good facial animation and outstanding graphics.
    It is a way better game than oblivion!
    GOTY!!!
  43. Nov 22, 2011
    This Game is completely 100% amazing, the graphics are superb, storytelling is fantastic and the gameplay is legendary. The Elder Scrolls is a world famnous gaming franchise, known for the complete freedom that it offers and just how purely fun it is. Arena, was an amazing game at the time, Daggerfall was HUUUGE, Morrowind was revolutionary, Oblivion was great, and now Skyrim is utterlyThis Game is completely 100% amazing, the graphics are superb, storytelling is fantastic and the gameplay is legendary. The Elder Scrolls is a world famnous gaming franchise, known for the complete freedom that it offers and just how purely fun it is. Arena, was an amazing game at the time, Daggerfall was HUUUGE, Morrowind was revolutionary, Oblivion was great, and now Skyrim is utterly perfect. I have been seriously gaming since i was 6, when Arena came out, and I honestly havent seen a game quite like Skyrim, ever. I highly reccommend this game for the casual gamers, serious gamers, posers, and posers who are posing to be posers. If you want a good game, please buy TES V Skyrim Expand
  44. Nov 23, 2011
    Before i begin, i need to say that for all of those who have problems with the game lagging and freezing, there is a light for you. Bethesda heard your complaints and have announced a patch to fix it after Thanksgiving. Now, I should start by saying i wasn't the biggest fan of Oblivion. I didn't hate it, but i got it late, this year actually for the 5th anniversary. I saw what Skyrim wasBefore i begin, i need to say that for all of those who have problems with the game lagging and freezing, there is a light for you. Bethesda heard your complaints and have announced a patch to fix it after Thanksgiving. Now, I should start by saying i wasn't the biggest fan of Oblivion. I didn't hate it, but i got it late, this year actually for the 5th anniversary. I saw what Skyrim was doing and got excited to see if they would deliver that fantasy experience that Lord of the Rings got me into when i was a kid. And im happy to say it did, every bit of it. It toke everything that I though Oblivion did ok at and made it great. Character animations are more natural, but still a bit stiff, though i let that pass when i can kick a Drugars ass in a cave. The open world feeling is there, with beautiful environments and sounds that are a joy to just sit back and listen to. Combat is miles above Oblivions, with hit detection, blood on your weapon of choice and some final finishes strait from Fallout 3, one of my all time favorite games. Magic is more fun in this game than any i have played, and a level up system that is much more natural than The Elder Scrolls past games. The story is very good as well, with some memorable characters and fantastic moments. Side missions can range from the simple retrieve this and that, to crazy "Didn't see that coming" missions. The only thing i can say that is wrong that DOESN'T involve small glitches that Bethesda is working on is some of the textures. This is a big picture game, and that big picture is amazing. But get up close to a mountain and tree and you can see the polygons and rough edges.Though the game isn't meant to be examined up close, its meant for you to look out over a cliff and see the mist at the top of a mountain, or the gloom of a cave. The only way you can hate this game is to go out and find the glitches, but sometimes a game is made from the glitches and laughing about them. Skyrim is the love letter from Bethesda. Did you love Oblivion? Here is a better story, graphics, combat, pretty much everything that is still the game you love. Did you love Fallout 3? We have the questing, finishers, and feel from that game. Did you love Fallout: New Vegas? We have the weight feel and spectacular writing from that game as well. A truly amazing game, one that you shouldn't hate because of its few short-comings, but should be loved for listening to the customer and giving them what they have wanted for 5 long years. Expand
  45. Nov 14, 2011
    This is by far the best game out this year and should and by no means secure the Game of the Year award. You simply have to play the game to understand just how and why people are amazed and more or less bow down to the game devs for this one. Like its predecessor, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has once again managed to capture the attention of the world and take us through its amazingThis is by far the best game out this year and should and by no means secure the Game of the Year award. You simply have to play the game to understand just how and why people are amazed and more or less bow down to the game devs for this one. Like its predecessor, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has once again managed to capture the attention of the world and take us through its amazing world. I for one still stand amazed at the amount of work accomplished and truth be told, Bethesda deserve all the praise and glory they have earned because they worked hard and truly this has paid off well Expand
  46. Nov 23, 2011
    Its the Mother of all RPG's. I am in 60+ Hours and I am still amazed at what they did. This is a world on its own. The detail, the story arc, the gameplay, the adventure is just mind blowing. It does have an occasional bug here and there but nothing that will stop the adventure. Thank you Bethesda for setting the bar as high as this. I wanted to give it a 9.5 but since there was no optionIts the Mother of all RPG's. I am in 60+ Hours and I am still amazed at what they did. This is a world on its own. The detail, the story arc, the gameplay, the adventure is just mind blowing. It does have an occasional bug here and there but nothing that will stop the adventure. Thank you Bethesda for setting the bar as high as this. I wanted to give it a 9.5 but since there was no option I will say 10 compared to anything that is on the market. Do not deprive yourself from an epic adventure with a replay value of over 300+ hours. The soundtrack still makes me shiver and is stuck in my head. Expand
  47. Nov 14, 2011
    Skyrim's amazing, even with the bugs. The game offers so much, and you can do so much. It's an immense world and you're put in there to do whatever the hell you want. There are so many benefits to free roam, and there's so much beauty to see in the game that it's stunning.
  48. Nov 14, 2011
    TES Skyrim is nothing short of breath taking. From the initial battle in Helgen, to the open world you delve into just a few hours into the game. The map is MASSIVE, with a nearly unlimited amount of things to do. This is truly a sandbox style game with no linear game play element.

Dragon encounters are incredibly fun, yet challenging and the amount of different NPCs provides enough variety to keep things fresh.

Being a huge RPG fan, with Dragon Age Origins being one of my favorite games, Skyrim is quickly breaking that favoritism and becoming my new favorite game. I can absolutely see myself dumping 150+ hours into this game without batting an eye.

I HIGHLY recommend this game if you are into RPGs with fantastic history and story lines.
  49. Nov 14, 2011
    It's important to think about the terms 'vision' and 'commitment' when evaluating your own experience of Skyrim. Those two terms do not always mean 'new' or 'innovative' as some may expect, but instead connote selection, judgment, taste, quality, and balance; all of which are apparent in Skyrim. Using tools developed during the creation of other titles, Bethesda set out to realize theIt's important to think about the terms 'vision' and 'commitment' when evaluating your own experience of Skyrim. Those two terms do not always mean 'new' or 'innovative' as some may expect, but instead connote selection, judgment, taste, quality, and balance; all of which are apparent in Skyrim. Using tools developed during the creation of other titles, Bethesda set out to realize the Elder Scrolls world more completely than ever before. The vision of the game demanded that Bethesda focus on mood, atmosphere, immersion, lore, and story, and the effects of this choice can be felt in nearly all the systems of the game. Combat is simple because the objective of the game is not to be a fantasy combat simulator, while crafting is simple because the game is not meant to model the workings of a pseudo-medieval society engaged in various handicrafts and manufacture. Skyrim is meant to display the incredible breadth of imagination and creation that is possible with a well-funded AA title; the scope of the title is something that other developers cannot match and I believe that 'scope' is the mission of this title - as well as its defining factor. All other systems in the game have been constrained and simplified to support this feeling of scope. Therefore, attacking Skyrim with the philosophy of 'kill everything, loot every dungeon' is going to drive you absolutely crazy. If you rate the entertainment value the game will provide after completing every challenge, it would probably be a 2 out of 10: you're in for a lot of tedium. You're not meant to grind combat for 20 hours during your playthrough, because that limits the scope of your experience. Furthermore, such an attitude violates the very spirit of an RPG: no character would ever stand around whacking monsters to achieve a '100' score in one handed weapons. Similarly, walking around picking flowers for alchemy will get fairly boring after the novelty wears off. However, the character would improve themselves so that they could kill an interesting Giant Frost Spider and see what goods lay behind the beast. The alchemy, combat, item, and crafting systems all model ancillary experiences to the main pleasure of exploring one of the most fully realized game worlds to come along, ever. If you focus on the secondary aspects of the game, your experience will be similarly second-rate. Picking goals that are important to you and playing to achieve them is just as important as following the main story line. However, the game does fall down somewhat in choosing to drastically simplify combat, as combat is the way that your character interacts with most of the game world's non-human speech incapable characters. If Bethesda had applied their vision of scope to the behaviors of creatures and vampires, where every encounter is both dangerous and different, then Skyrim would become something akin to religion or life-experience rather than mere game. I imagine a scenario where Bethesda purchases and integrates From Software's talent for deep combat into the next Elder Scrolls title. Maintaining Skyrim's amazing level of scope and adding an additional layer of danger, difficulty, and tenseness present in Dark Souls or Demon Souls would be a peerless combination. In summary, the fantastic far outweighs the flubbed in Skyrim. Everything from the graphics (they are clearly good enough), to the amazingly reactive soundtrack, to the little side conversations that happen around you as you stroll through a town, supports the feeling that you are involved in the goings-on of this land called Skyrim. As a player, you have a choice, and also a responsibility, to make your hours in the land of Skyrim count. Part of the charm and the difficulty of open world games is that there's no guiding hand to prevent you from ruining your own experience. The developers have made freedom readily available and if you want your play experience to be: 'I sifted through countless barrels in the hopes of finding a Doomsword! Then I gathered every flower in a four square mile radius to try all possible combinations!' your experience will be eclipsed by a player who reports 'Using whatever tools I had on hand, I slew a mighty dragon and gained the fabled power of the Voice...' Expand
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    After 6 hours its safe to say this is my favourite game of all time. It has exceeded every single one of my expectations so far. Never before have i felt such joy from playing such a magnificent perfect game. Thank you Bethesda, I can now die a happy man, now that i have played your perfect game.
  51. Nov 14, 2011
    This is the best game ever. You can do anything you want go anywhere you want and kill Dragons. No other game on the ps3 has done this much in a single game. Overall its just an amazing game.
  52. Nov 14, 2011
    Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,Awesome,
  53. Nov 28, 2011
    It's okay but massively overhyped. For someone who isn't used to top-notch graphics, the visuals are mind-breaking, though the terrain is a bit one-sided and tends to be composed mostly of snowy plains and forests. Combat is great, skill system isn't really balanced, though it doesn't matter that much because you don't play against other people.
  54. Nov 27, 2011
    I have spent around 80 hours in it, and have accomplished nothing of significance. I enjoy the beautiful sunset and sunrise like a goof. Read every damn book I can find. Cook everything I can muster. Talk to every single person, irrelevant or not. Work the mill, or the grain, not knowing what the hell it does. Why? Because this game lets me live and play exactly how I want too, and it isI have spent around 80 hours in it, and have accomplished nothing of significance. I enjoy the beautiful sunset and sunrise like a goof. Read every damn book I can find. Cook everything I can muster. Talk to every single person, irrelevant or not. Work the mill, or the grain, not knowing what the hell it does. Why? Because this game lets me live and play exactly how I want too, and it is near perfection in every category. Well, kinda buggy. But those are often funny haha BUY or DIE. Expand
  55. Nov 27, 2011
    This game is amazing. Great graphics and endless possibilities are to be found in this game. Might be tough to get through some quests but that's the fun part, you gotta think to get through. I do recommend!
  56. Nov 29, 2011
    This game is fantastic on numerous levels! Yea its a bit buggy but that's to be expected with a game of this magnitude and already a patch has been released to fix several problems. I have had the game freeze a couple times but luckily you can set the auto save feature to save as frequently as you like so playing over whole levels and such isn't a problem. Otherwise I have logged nearlyThis game is fantastic on numerous levels! Yea its a bit buggy but that's to be expected with a game of this magnitude and already a patch has been released to fix several problems. I have had the game freeze a couple times but luckily you can set the auto save feature to save as frequently as you like so playing over whole levels and such isn't a problem. Otherwise I have logged nearly 80 to 90 hours of game play into it and still have a huge amount of stuff still to do.The game looks fantastic and the soundtrack is awesome! The menus are easy to navigate and weapon swapping has been made much easier. By far the most bang for your buck your going to see for a long time. I highly recommend every gamer to pick this up and just let it consume you. Expand
  57. Dec 22, 2011
    Note: I have a ps3 slim with lots of space on my hard drive and have auto saves turned off. It runs just fine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This game is masterful. The graphics, combat, lore, and the leveling up system is just amazing. There's nothing more satisfying than seeing your character get super powerful and decimate all who dare meet you in combat. WARNING: This game may become your life
  58. Nov 13, 2011
    What this game lacks is a sense of polish, not in terms of graphics and textures, but of capability. Bethesda in 2005 created Oblivion, which by those years' standards was a complete overhaul in capability in consoles. They did it once again to Fallout 3 in 2008. This time however they convened story more so than clarity, while not negative, it does bring away the sense of style BethesdaWhat this game lacks is a sense of polish, not in terms of graphics and textures, but of capability. Bethesda in 2005 created Oblivion, which by those years' standards was a complete overhaul in capability in consoles. They did it once again to Fallout 3 in 2008. This time however they convened story more so than clarity, while not negative, it does bring away the sense of style Bethesda could have done with the game. This is the Fallout:New Vegas of Fallout 3, with more polish and more story. There is no denying that this game is goregous, but it could have been much better. The lasting appeal is on the highest level imaginable, the story is fantastic, and the time spent during this journey is all that it needs to hold that true. Capability is the only thing drawing this back from a perfect 10. Something Uncharted 3 and Arkham City hold. A well deserving 9/10 Expand
  59. Nov 12, 2011
    A vast improvement from the last Elder Scrolls. With new graphics, better leveling system, better looking character models, and don't forget dragons. The combat system is even better and you can fight how you want to fight. Like duel-wielded swords, blunts, spells, and even shields. Third person view is actually better then previous games like oblivion or fallout but you will probablyA vast improvement from the last Elder Scrolls. With new graphics, better leveling system, better looking character models, and don't forget dragons. The combat system is even better and you can fight how you want to fight. Like duel-wielded swords, blunts, spells, and even shields. Third person view is actually better then previous games like oblivion or fallout but you will probably prefer 1st person. Since its a RPG. Its bound to have bugs and no surprise there are. But won't make the game frustrating. Also fighting dragons often will get boring or sometimes annoying. BUT GET THIS GAME Expand
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    If you like RPGs - you will LOVE Skyrim. Sure, there are glitches and bugs here and there (messy textures, floating NPCs etc...) but these are to be expected with this huge vast world to explore. I already spent ~18 hours playing and barely covered even 10% of the world and quests.

In this day and age of repetitive multiplier games that involve killing each other in different settings (halo, mw3, bf3 etc..), it is so refreshing to just kick back and explore a vast fantasy world all by yourself.

It brings back the reason we all like games - to be immersed in a new world and just have fun. Trust me, you will lose hours/days playing this w/o even noticing.

Game of the year for me despite the 9/10.
  61. Nov 13, 2011
    let me just start of by saying that this game is probaly one of the best rpg's i have ever played. All you people reading this review are probaly "thinking hold on a sec how can you make such a bold statement".This game has exceeded my expectations skyrim is filled with massive amounts of quest which are all fun and interesting in their own way. skyrim also has a perk system which lets youlet me just start of by saying that this game is probaly one of the best rpg's i have ever played. All you people reading this review are probaly "thinking hold on a sec how can you make such a bold statement".This game has exceeded my expectations skyrim is filled with massive amounts of quest which are all fun and interesting in their own way. skyrim also has a perk system which lets you play the way you want to play as. Todd Howard wasnt lieing when he made that statement.The graphics are visually impressive aswell. This is a must have for any role playing fan,also this is Bethesdas best work. well bye everyone I gotta go back to playing skyrim Expand
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    this could had been the game of the year without any problem, but the unpolished textures, boring dialogs, lot of bugs and glitches. dropped it to a normal low game. some graphic treatment for example like assasins creed brotherhood and some better gameplay would put it in another leavel. too much hype for this. we are entering 2012 boys, we need top notch graphs! not this messy system!!
  63. Nov 19, 2011
    I actually didn't buy the game on release, i got talked into it by friends, i am not a big fan of rpgs which has it's base in first person... So i started the game and i was sure i was gonna hate it... However i have never in my 20 years of gaming been more pleasently surprised, the third person mode is actually playableand the game has beautiful surroundings, the choices in playstyle areI actually didn't buy the game on release, i got talked into it by friends, i am not a big fan of rpgs which has it's base in first person... So i started the game and i was sure i was gonna hate it... However i have never in my 20 years of gaming been more pleasently surprised, the third person mode is actually playableand the game has beautiful surroundings, the choices in playstyle are massive, it's the best game i have ever played, it have also turned me from a trophy junkie to a good game junkie.... Great work, music and everything Expand
  64. Nov 20, 2011
    I actually wanted to give this game a 9.5, but there is no option, so I nicely rounded up. This game is excellent! There is tons to do and great detail in the environments and weapons. The reason I wanted to give it a 9.5 however is because of the huge amount glitches, frame-rate drops, and awkward presentation. They don't take away from the experience too much, but can get annoying.
  65. Feb 2, 2012
    The game is unforgivably buggy. Unless you got lucky with your PS3 and had a Hard Drive fast enough you are stuck with unplayable lag that Bethesda had to be aware of. I was lucky and had a fast Solid State Drive but that just means that I had to endure a fair amount of hard locks later in the game. The final nail in the coffin though was the final boss fight was just a repeated easierThe game is unforgivably buggy. Unless you got lucky with your PS3 and had a Hard Drive fast enough you are stuck with unplayable lag that Bethesda had to be aware of. I was lucky and had a fast Solid State Drive but that just means that I had to endure a fair amount of hard locks later in the game. The final nail in the coffin though was the final boss fight was just a repeated easier boss fight from earlier in the game. Expand
  66. Nov 2, 2012
    Mix the animations of Fallout 3 (2008), the Engine of Oblivion (2007), a big world full of uninteresting stuff to do and with no impact in the game's universe and you get Skyrim.

I would give 1 for the Soundtrack, but the Bugs represent such a disrespect for the gamer (that many people seem to forget that it's a consumer afterall). In my very first attempt to play it i've got really

In my very first attempt to play it i've got really upset. After i've pimped up my character and chosen it's race, he's conducted to a death penalty. While i'm waiting for my head to sliced a dragon appears, and everyone runs... and i'm waiting to get control of the character, and i've waited almost 10 minutes. Even if the Dragon was cliping it wings in front of me giving me a hope that it's suppose to be like that, i just gave up after 10m.

After 1 year ladies and germs, the PS3 version still faces issues.

Game of the Year of 2008 perhaps... but never in 2011... not in my book (Fallout won in 2008 with better design and a plot much more interesting than Skyrim). But well... it seems that are a lot of guys that need to live a second life to compensate their lack of skills in other social departments. And i'm possibly one of those dudes, but please feed me something good. The RPG genre evolved with the concept of Skyrim, but the execution doesn't live up to the expectations and it's a shame.

Neverthless... it's GOTY of 2008, so it should be mandatory for any real gamer to try it.
    I know i will... in 2013, when the number of bugs are reduced to 162.
  67. Sep 22, 2014
    Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs. Unkillable NPCs.

Score Breakdown: Unkillable NPCs -100/10, Total Score 0/10
  68. Nov 14, 2011
    First off. The setting. It evokes classic Tolkien literature... and also Star Wars. I will get to that in a minute. Beautiful, with just a hint of mourning, of... shattered glass as it were, reflecting the blood of fallen men, men who sacrificed much for very little. It seeps into you, but alas, this world is... provocative, in an almost childish, demeaning way. I brought up Star Wars. TheFirst off. The setting. It evokes classic Tolkien literature... and also Star Wars. I will get to that in a minute. Beautiful, with just a hint of mourning, of... shattered glass as it were, reflecting the blood of fallen men, men who sacrificed much for very little. It seeps into you, but alas, this world is... provocative, in an almost childish, demeaning way. I brought up Star Wars. The reason is thus- the game is... spacey, for lack of a better word. As the combat take place in zero-g, you are reminded of weightlessness... the kind Luke Skywalker must have felt when he became Darth Vader. The swords also glow, reminiscent of the glowing beams of the revered franchise. This lack of originality is simply stunning. On to combat. As my (many) fencing lessons have taught me, sword-fighting is an art, an art that this game fails to adequately replicate. It lacks... the feel, the- dare I say- sensual nature of clanging metal and dented armor. There is no "Riposte", no "Taliae", no "Pos Wershe" as it were. Instead we are left without the proper... tools, as it were to properly execute a more daring style of fighting. Graphics now. Chop, chop. They are pretty, but only insofar as a beautiful, but aged woman is while gazing into her rippling reflection on a cloudy summer evening. Much like this game, she pauses to reflect, as the game pauses with lag. Her movements are stilted, like the movements of NPCs in the game. She also takes up a lot of space... All in all, I dare say... this game is like a martini, without the olive, or the umbrella... a travesty, as it were. A beautiful travesty. Expand
  69. Nov 27, 2011
    well im already seeing 10s and 0s for user reviews for skyrim, and im shocked. this game, is a heavenly god blessed masterpiece of mankind that our species shall treasure for the rest of time!!! now im not gunna be another person who will give this game a 10 but i will give it a 10. the graphics are outstanding, but faces can be bad at times and expected glitches are still there. thewell im already seeing 10s and 0s for user reviews for skyrim, and im shocked. this game, is a heavenly god blessed masterpiece of mankind that our species shall treasure for the rest of time!!! now im not gunna be another person who will give this game a 10 but i will give it a 10. the graphics are outstanding, but faces can be bad at times and expected glitches are still there. the gameplay is almost perfect, magic in one hand, an axe in the other, my favorite combo. story was good, yet the main quest was shorter than i thought, but all the side quests and exploring make up for it. overall skyrim is the greatest rpg ive played in my life. enough said Expand
  70. Dec 9, 2011
    This game is amazing. I have not had any problems with bugs and I would recommend this highly. The sheer size of the world, the sheer amount of sidequests, the improvements to the gameplay, there's not much in the game that can go wrong.
  71. TeN
    Nov 12, 2011
    Im giving it a 9 because in some way it looks like graphics could have been a bit better. It is because of the game industry is making games for consoles and port them down to the PC. Plus i had to set and add stuff in an .ini file, for the mouse to react directly instead of feeling sloppy.
    But the overall feeling and gameplay makes up for all of those (my) negative things. Noticed no freezes and/or bugs yet, it feels very stable overall.
  72. Nov 15, 2011
    It is always difficult to rate a Bethesda game (at least for me). When it comes to open sandbox worlds that are enormous it is safe to say Bethesda holds one of the top positions in that genre. At top resolution Skyrim is graphically beautiful. Like many of Bethesda games however, it can lag at times and at lower resolution the graphics can look shabby. I think in today's gaming world yourIt is always difficult to rate a Bethesda game (at least for me). When it comes to open sandbox worlds that are enormous it is safe to say Bethesda holds one of the top positions in that genre. At top resolution Skyrim is graphically beautiful. Like many of Bethesda games however, it can lag at times and at lower resolution the graphics can look shabby. I think in today's gaming world your home entertainment products dictate much or what you game will look like. On it's own Skyrim is beautiful. Gameplay is exciting and full of the usual adventure you would expect from this title. I love the open world exploring and diversity of the game. I didn't feel like I was in a copy and paste world full of templates that some developers use for their games. Each room, tunnel, and cave had it's own unique personality. The melee fighting is still sloppy (as per usual and for me, expected) but the ranged combat is still fun. The ability to use both hands make for some cool customized ways to take out opponents. The biggest complaint I have (surprise!) are the game breaking bugs. I am on my second play through. My first play through caught a bug in Winterhold after doing a quest for the Jarl. For some reason I was offered a duplicate quest (getting the helm for the Jarl to gain him respect) when I brought the second helm back to him (found in a different location?) he refused to take it from my inventory and following the quest all subsequent quest items were not being removed from my inventory by the NPC's once I completed the quest. So basically all quest items were stuck in my inventory. This obviously would have become a big problem down the line so after a few more hours of game play I erased my PS3 files for Skyrim and started from scratch. Many complaints on Metacritic relate to these bugs in Skyrim. I guess I know that Bethesda pushes the hardware for the systems it uses and makes the game so huge that I expect bugs at this point. It would probably take a million testers 5 years to find all the bugs with a game this size. I don't condone nor condemn Bethesda for these bugs; I have come to expect them and accept them. They have never acknowledged their games are bug free and even before releasing Skyrim talked about an online patch system they have because of the expected bugs. For those who complain...you should have known by now what to expect and know by now the key rule to a Bethesda game: Save often.
    Overall, this is one of the best games I have ever played (been playing since the 2600) and I would encourage anyone who loves adventure, randomness, and discovery, to play this game. Save often and enjoy one of the best open world games ever made.
  73. Nov 12, 2011
    Over all I have put about 6 hours into the game is its falling a bit short of what I was hoping it would be. This is just a well done re-skining of Oblivion. People look about the same, world looks about the same. The thing I don't like the most is that you can feel that this is a console port. The controls are just not well thought out and kind of messy. The fighting stile is ok butOver all I have put about 6 hours into the game is its falling a bit short of what I was hoping it would be. This is just a well done re-skining of Oblivion. People look about the same, world looks about the same. The thing I don't like the most is that you can feel that this is a console port. The controls are just not well thought out and kind of messy. The fighting stile is ok but not very good. The game play its self is very good, story is very good, missions and quests are well thought out and well put together. I give it a 7 just because of how bad the console to PC port is and the lack of updated graphics is a let down. I paid $60 F***ing dollars for this game and it feels like a game from 2005. Expand
  74. Nov 16, 2011
    I purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from OblivionI purchased Skyrim on launch day, and once I started up the game, there were no load times, no advertisements, no logos besides Bethesda's but a clean interface going straight to the menu screen and new game. Starting and playing the game itself is like living in a fantasy world. The music, sounds, graphics and everything make you feel totally immersed. This game is improved from Oblivion in every way because there are no game breaking bugs, crashes, graphic, or performance issues, and the ones that they do have are very minor and can be patched. I have played about 35 hours so far and I can say that this game is a masterpiece. I have only been to one city so far and have been doing quests only in that city. I have not even gone through half of the quests yet as I have a long list of things to do, and each quest doesn't feel generic like other RPGs' fetch quests and kill quests. There are 8 more holds in the game, so I know I can expect much more than the 300 hours Bethesda advertised. Overall, I can't even begin to describe what this game offers and how much you can do in it while having so much fun. Expand
  75. Nov 15, 2011
    Yes, yes, yes.
    GET THIS GAME! Where do i start. The new engine looks amazing in action, there is an endless (literally) amount of content.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE! You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder
    Yes, yes, yes.
    (Once again i stress ENDLESS) and its going to F**** UP YOUR LIFE!
    You play as a Dragonborn who can perform "Shouts". You start of about to be excecuted before *Not going to spoil*. After that your thrust into a world with infinite possiblities. Murder everyone? Go help village people?

To steal from another review, It's a fantastic virtual experience, deep history, superb gameplay, beautiful graphics, majestic music, in short, an incredible journey for all people who love video games. Its exactly that. Go do your PC, Xbox or PS3 proud and GET THIS GAME! Even if your not into this sort of stuff, it just may convert you.

Oh and, there ARE bugs, just thought you should know. Nothing game breaking.
  76. Nov 15, 2011
    I didn't dislike Oblivion but I didn't like it either. I was aprehensive about buying Skyrim. I was used to most elderscrolls game with their shoddy hit detection and sub-par 1st person and 3rd person views. This game has changed my opinions of the Elderscrolls games. The character customization has changed radically since previous installments. The detail has gotten better and the modelsI didn't dislike Oblivion but I didn't like it either. I was aprehensive about buying Skyrim. I was used to most elderscrolls game with their shoddy hit detection and sub-par 1st person and 3rd person views. This game has changed my opinions of the Elderscrolls games. The character customization has changed radically since previous installments. The detail has gotten better and the models look more realistic. Expand
  77. Nov 16, 2011
    Absolutely amazing. I lost a whole day to this game and I have barely scratched the surface. I love the levelling system as it makes you use different approaches for different dungeons, just so your character levels. The dragons make for for an exciting encounter but only if you are an archer in my experience. I tried hitting one with magic and one handed weapons but I got my rearAbsolutely amazing. I lost a whole day to this game and I have barely scratched the surface. I love the levelling system as it makes you use different approaches for different dungeons, just so your character levels. The dragons make for for an exciting encounter but only if you are an archer in my experience. I tried hitting one with magic and one handed weapons but I got my rear handed to me. Dungeons fit the mood and the variation in quests will keep me amused for months. Thank you Bethesda (Take note Infinity ward) Expand
  78. Nov 17, 2011
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is as expected, the best RPG of all time and possibly best game ever. There is so much content in this game that will keep you busy for hours and hours and don't get bored with the 100s of quests and places to explore. The gameplay is fantastic, how you can put one weapon or spell in one hand and a different one in the other which gives plenty of choice. TheThe Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is as expected, the best RPG of all time and possibly best game ever. There is so much content in this game that will keep you busy for hours and hours and don't get bored with the 100s of quests and places to explore. The gameplay is fantastic, how you can put one weapon or spell in one hand and a different one in the other which gives plenty of choice. The choosing classes at the beginning is scrapped now you just level up skills by using that skill more than others which is more realistic. Levelling up is a blast and feels really rewarding and there are loads of perks under each skill to choose from. The only fault I would give this game is the noticeable glitches and bugs with the occasional freezing but that's to be expected with a game at this size. I would rather a massive game with loads to do and i can overlook the bugs. But really no game is perfect but this is not far from it. I rated this game 10 because i think it is higher than 9 but no game is perfect so I would go inbetween with 9.5/10. Some reviews are too harsh and are never pleased and rate things down massively for little things when this is definitely the best game in my collection! Expand
  79. Nov 17, 2011
    I have been a fan of the Elders Scrolls series since I played Morrowwind and its expansions on the original Xbox. I continued the series going into Oblivion with knowledge that bugs may be apparent due to the extensiveness of the quest and the amount of open world changes the game tries to keep track of, those issues where apparent in Morrowwind and not so much as Oblivion, but now we areI have been a fan of the Elders Scrolls series since I played Morrowwind and its expansions on the original Xbox. I continued the series going into Oblivion with knowledge that bugs may be apparent due to the extensiveness of the quest and the amount of open world changes the game tries to keep track of, those issues where apparent in Morrowwind and not so much as Oblivion, but now we are on to Skyrim the company's latest console attempt and by far the worse in terms of bugs. When the game runs perfectly it is a masterpiece that shines above its predecessors in every way and I recommend everyone plays this entry, because I know in my heart Bethesda will bring out a patch. Now to justify the reasons for playing this buggy journey are excellent combat controls (I'm not a fan of the new favorite system, but it works. I wish they would have let you map your selection to the D-pad instead.), massive amounts of quests, a beautiful open-world, great music score, and an excellent story (possible the best story so far in the series). Another thing to point out is the interactions with characters seem more approaching in this game, you feel like you want to speak to the NPC's. This is the perfect example of a Diamond in the Rough. Expand
  80. Nov 20, 2011
    Im playing the game since yestarday ... and i must say that is incredible ! No dought ! Is goty 2011, big map, big history, all is big, all work, all have life, i love this game! Goty 2011!!!
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    the sequel of oblivion is better, bigger ,and more amazing than elder scrolls IV ,dont miss up a dragon or a giant you don´t gonna like it enjey a beatifull , world full of live.
  82. Nov 11, 2011
    An awesome game, very fun. One of the only games that I've played that lived up to its hype. The game play is awesome and fun, the graphics are good not the best but still beautiful. The music fits perfectly with the scenic of the game, the only complaint I have is some of the sound effects sound low quality.
  83. Nov 14, 2011
    Just as good if not better than oblivion. The character class system is amazing, and truly lets you play and do what YOU want, how YOU want to. I will definitely be spending many many hours in this game....and then...there's always the mods!
  84. Nov 29, 2011
    SKYRIM...HOLY S**T

Pros: -THIS GAME IS HUGE! Out of the all the games I played this year even some that I consider better than this, Skyrim is the only game I am playing that even after finishing important task there is still more to do. My Quest log is flooded with Side Quests and I just bought the game two days before this review. Not to mention there is DLC planned. Say goodbye to real
    SKYRIM...HOLY S**T

Pros:
    -THIS GAME IS HUGE! Out of the all the games I played this year even some that I consider better than this, Skyrim is the only game I am playing that even after finishing important task there is still more to do. My Quest log is flooded with Side Quests and I just bought the game two days before this review. Not to mention there is DLC planned. Say goodbye to real life.
    -Presentation is outstanding. Soundtrack is amazing and makes me pumped up. Graphics are gorgeous especially when played on a suped up PC.
    -Combat is fun and dynamic. I don't exactly know how much combat has changed but overall, fighting in the game is a blast.
    -The ability to do whatever you want. Spoiler-Free Example: I was told to kill someone, but when I approached him he had backup, and I was weak. Then he convinced me to help him which meant trapping and arresting the person that told me to kill him. It was at this moment that I felt that I made the wrong decision, I could no longer do the good deed that I wanted. However, when the trap was initiated, he was all alone, and it was at this moment I realized that I can kill this guy. Problem solved...This game kicks ass.

Cons:
    -This game is too big...I not negating points but the game's massive scale does become overwhelming after a while especially when traveling in the game takes a great amount of time.
    -NPCs are lifeless. Compare the NPCs in this game to the NPCs in Mass Effect 2. In ME2, NPCs were presented through cutscenes and had human like movements making you immersed in the actual game and it's world even if the conversations were from third-person perspective. In Skyrim, when you commit a crime, guards approach you in their battle stance while you stand still in your tracks. Come on Bethesda, haven't we come to that point in gaming were we actually want to care about what we are fighting for. Even in the first Dragon Age, your character was silent and yet I felt more engrossed in the game.
    -The User Interface is hard to use and has steep learning curve. The ability to preview your character is no longer available for some odd reason. -Bethesda's Bug infamous launch bug problem, however, these can be fixed.
    -While the game has some beautiful graphics, a lot of character models are unattractive and could've use a bit more clean-up. -Some of the voice acting, while excellent, is weird in the sense that character are trying to do accents and are failing.
    -While improved from it's predecessors and advances the series forward, the game doesn't contain anything that could influence the way we play games unlike other games that I have played this year.

Overall, if you are a gamer then go purchase Skyrim, no questions asked. I myself am not a fan of most RPGs and yet this game is addicting. If you are a casual gamer, then forgive me because I can't recommend this game to you even if you want to try. GOTY? To you maybe, for me no. Game that will ruin my life? Yes.
  85. Nov 30, 2011
    This game is amazing. I sit and play it for hours but it only feels like a few minutes. All of the side quests make you feel like you are doing something important and that you really can influence this world. If you are not playing this game you are missing out.
  86. Nov 12, 2011
    Brilliant game, A step up from Oblivion. Massive open worlds, hundreds of quests and stories, This game will last you months. Just immerse youself!

A few bugs here and there which is to be expected from such a massive and complex game. But .....meh!! Who cares, Its Elder Scrolls, its the best western RPG franchise to date.

BUY IT !!!
  87. Nov 12, 2011
    Sure to take out GOTY 2011, Skyrim is everything that I wanted to follow in this series after clocking up hundreds of hours wandering Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil respectively. Other than a few minor bugs and issues (that have not seriously affected the gameplay) this game is arguably the best RPG to come out of the gaming industry since its 2002 predecessor Morrowind. With none of the copy &Sure to take out GOTY 2011, Skyrim is everything that I wanted to follow in this series after clocking up hundreds of hours wandering Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil respectively. Other than a few minor bugs and issues (that have not seriously affected the gameplay) this game is arguably the best RPG to come out of the gaming industry since its 2002 predecessor Morrowind. With none of the copy & paste repetitiveness that is Oblivion, Bethesda has moved to better things with every character looking and sounding different (come on, in Oblivion I got déjà vu from the races looking and sounding exactly the same). With rich textures and images, that have literally stopped me from continuing my journey just to look at the wonderful details, I actually get the feeling that I am stalking a camp of bandits or fighting a monstrous, deadly dragon just because of the mechanics of the game. For those of you with doubts on whether or not to buy this game, seriously if you are anything like me you will spend the better part of a day playing it, only to sleep and dream about it until you are able to pick up on where you left off. Expand
  88. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game, very immersive, it's not perfect due to some small issues like minor popins, some ugly textures (only if you look for them honestly) and some bad shadows, but personally, they don't take anything away from the game for me. It lets me do what I want to do. You have to try it and see it for yourself, don't trust any review you read because this game isn't for everyone, but theGreat game, very immersive, it's not perfect due to some small issues like minor popins, some ugly textures (only if you look for them honestly) and some bad shadows, but personally, they don't take anything away from the game for me. It lets me do what I want to do. You have to try it and see it for yourself, don't trust any review you read because this game isn't for everyone, but the ones it is for, it's almost perfect. Expand
  89. Nov 11, 2011
    Improving greatly on the previous Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim is amazing. The Graphics remain very similar to Oblivion, but that's almost the complete list of Cons. Skyrim has a simplified customisation screen, allowing you to get into the game quickly, while still having a character tailored to your specification. The general movement of your character and the animation of the game finallyImproving greatly on the previous Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim is amazing. The Graphics remain very similar to Oblivion, but that's almost the complete list of Cons. Skyrim has a simplified customisation screen, allowing you to get into the game quickly, while still having a character tailored to your specification. The general movement of your character and the animation of the game finally seem to have taken the step into Next-Gen Gaming, moving away from the stiff-moving gloomy-faced characters in the world of Oblivion, Skyrim brings a new air of life into the Elder Scrolls' world, borrowing a lot of its features from Morrowind (Arguably the best game in the series) and just improving on them slightly. The combat no longer feels like you're just running in and swinging a sword around like a piece of paper until everything's dead. Skyrim's combat has some real weight to it, and although they consume a lot of energy, the charge attacks really make the difference between life or death. The Camera (3rd person, specifically) has been re-positioned and put in the same place as Morrowind's (just zoomed out a bit more) to allow for better vision and easy use of bows and magic in third person (Though there are still some problems when trying to loot in 3rd person). Most elements of the game have been made much simpler than even Oblivion. The quests in Skyrim, though simpler, feel much more hand-crafted, much like the dungeons. Now the problem with Skyrim. Simplicity. Yes, a degree of simplicity is required and expected, but this game is an RPG which, to me, implies there's going to be some number-crunching and a good chunk of reading. Skyrim doesn't really have this to the extent I'd hope for and it hurts it in more ways than it helps. Other than getting perk points from levelling up (really just a big bunch of passive abilities) there's no limitation to your stats. Expand
  90. Nov 14, 2011
    One word: Masterpiece. Amazing story, characters, sound design, etc. Bethesda really did a fantastic job. Only issue is the shadows are terrible on the PS3 version, they should have been shut off and had plain shadows but otherwise not a big deal. The graphics are incredible. All I will leave with you to decide if your un-sure of buying is when you fight the first dragon you feel like yourOne word: Masterpiece. Amazing story, characters, sound design, etc. Bethesda really did a fantastic job. Only issue is the shadows are terrible on the PS3 version, they should have been shut off and had plain shadows but otherwise not a big deal. The graphics are incredible. All I will leave with you to decide if your un-sure of buying is when you fight the first dragon you feel like your in the shoes of the guy from the film Dragonslayer.. incredible and never felt so out of this world playing it. Look up at the sky and see constellations even.. attention to detail is incredible...ahh enough of me raving, check it out for yourselfs! Expand
  91. Dec 5, 2011
    It's tought to rate Skyrim in a fair way. All these 10 points (or 100 percent) reviews implicate that Skyrim is THE perfect game. It is far away from being a perfect game. On the other hand the 0 point review indicte that Skyrim is a terrible game but again: It's also far away from being a complete malfunction. So, here are my 2 cents: Skyrim makes fun, lots of fun, and has a huge )ingame)It's tought to rate Skyrim in a fair way. All these 10 points (or 100 percent) reviews implicate that Skyrim is THE perfect game. It is far away from being a perfect game. On the other hand the 0 point review indicte that Skyrim is a terrible game but again: It's also far away from being a complete malfunction. So, here are my 2 cents: Skyrim makes fun, lots of fun, and has a huge )ingame) world but it also has some problems. First of all there are - of course - the problem nearly every Bethesda RPG has. Lags and Freezes. It's unbearable what Bethesda does to the PS3 community every time they release a RPG. It's nearly a fraud that they get our money with games that a obviously just ported to the PS3 without much work for the actual PS3 version. But besides technical issues the gameplay also has some flaws. The Smithing & Enchanting skills are way too overpowered. With Smithing & Enchanting at 100 each, you easily get the best weapons and armor in the game. It's pointless to play Quests (which often involve boring tasks like "FInd item x", "Kill enemy Y" or "Bring item Z to person A") and get an item as a reward if your own crafted weapons are waaaay better. At least Bethesda knew beforehand knew that this could lead to problems. That's why they introduced for example an armor cap at an armor rating of 567. Brilliant idea, Bethesda.... now, tell me why I should use a Heavy Armor if I already an reach the cap with a Light Armor? The Light Armor adds less weight to your inventory and it needs less stamina and you're able to move faster. Why should I use a Heavy Armor with an armor rating of 1170 if only 567 armor rating are getting calculated in fights? That's strange....

Nevertheless, I spent 94 hours in Skyrim so far and I didn't even finish most of the side quests and even with its lags, freezes, overpowered weapons, a bugged patch and the stupid AI (you'd come to the conclusion that every second room in Skyrim was designed intentionally the way so that your AI companions are able to block the doorway) it's still a fun game.
  92. Nov 15, 2011
    Its literally breathtaking.

so youve read the critic reviews which has scored this game in the 10s and 9s . with players finally getting thei hands on this game. Its going to be difficault to pin down everything this game has to offer. Beacuase its so damn huge. The first time i ever played the series was Oblivion , i had just recently purchased a PS3 in 2007, and was looking for the
    Its literally breathtaking.

Beacuase its so damn huge.

The first time i ever played the series was Oblivion , i had just recently purchased a PS3 in 2007, and was looking for the best titles available. I picked up oblivion , and RPGs were never my thing. Oblivion elderscrolls IV changed that forever. It took soo many hours from me and my bro, that we would argue over whos turn it was on their. Great game , a great laugh and one of the best titles ever to be released on next generation.

i loved Bethstedas FALLOUT 3 series too.

NOW SKYRIM
    after seeing the trailers and the build up to the game, it was certain that this game was going to be improved in every way.

as soon as i played my first half hour, i saw how much more mature, serious and Epic the game looked, felt and sounded. IT seems much more serious. The game starts with you as a prisnor , i will not spoil the plot lines. But the game kicks off in a overwhelming EPIC fashion.
    You eventually set foot into the world, and you stand their overwhelmed by the gorgeous environemnt, lush trees, and mountain ranges, and the weather and air. The game engrosses you into the world of Skyrim. Next minute you are making your way into your first town.
    At this point i as an experianced RPG player was jaw dropped at how the atmosphere and the look of the game played out.

The characters no longer are cartoony , they move with much better animations , and talk in a much more manner. At one point it makes you feel part of a large conversation. And it just worked sooo well.

GAMEPLAY.

- animations soo much better , its great watching your character fight in third person , and the finishes are satisfying to watch.
    -you now can be more than one class, magic and combat.. you choose you decide.
    -the open world really makes you feel part of the enviornment ,

GRAPHICS
    -EPIC .......

SOUND
    EPIC....

for example you can hear dragons , randomly .... and you will look up ! and around to find nothing. It will scare you ... the sound of beasts lurking in the forests...

at one point i hear a roar from the sky , and nothing is their ..

Now you as a person who wants to experiance next gen gaming RPGS...
    this game is going to literally take your mind INTO SKYRIM.. fallout 3 is able to do that , but SKYRIM does it on another level.
    This game is going to give you an experiance.. its going to do what games suppose to do , a form of escapism. for an hour or more, you will not be yourself, you will be your character in SKYRIM.

ive played the game for two hours, and already im overwhelmed by the amount of story, plot, and the sheer size of the game.
    This is going to keep you for more than a year.. depending how you play it. the DLC . and again creating a new charcter in a new race.

The games sheer size is literally astounding , im personally taking this journey slower , and much more laid back . I dont want to rush things, its one of those games where you want enjoy fully.

People complaining about bugs and glitches really are trying hard to find negatives in this game... Bugs and glitche can be eradicated through updates, and these bugs dont even matter when you have a phenomenal world to explore. Of course in a game soo big their are going to be annoying bugs and glitches. However as i learned on oblivion some can be very Funny , espeically talking to some elf whos stuck in the wall.

SKYRIM is probably one of the best games ever to be made. its phenomenal , this is a gem. i only needed two hours and think to myself ... How did they do this so well. I mean lush enviornments, huge world to explore. gameplay and combat which really has much depth to it. I mean i loved oblivion .. but skyrim improves on everything that oblivion developed. SO after almost 5 years we have a game which really makes oblivion look almost last gen .. its been worth the wait .

IT NEEDS TO BE PLAYED. ..........
    IT NEEDS TO BE EXPERIANCED. ive played Oblivion, fallout 3 ,FNV, DRAGON AGE.. all great RPGS.. Skyrims looks and atmoshphere take you somewhere else. its an addictive game..... but one you will keep . the only reasons why you wont like this game, is if RPGS are not your type of thing, or you dont like exploration and a deep world. But then you are missing out on a great experiance. And to some of those who say that the game is taking from fallout 3 with swords and magic LOL. seriously i think ive heard similiar rubbish when fallout 3 came out, when it was " Oblivion with guns". complete and utter crap ! . I loved fallout , but this game blows it out the water, the animations , smooth and fluid gameplay. and the graphics, make this game one of the definitive experiances of this generation.
  93. Nov 13, 2011
    Ok im not gonna give this game a 10 why because there are some fault in the game BUT i can say this is ONE of my fav games of this year and ONE of my fav games for the past 3 years.The music is fantastic,the story line is pretty driven, the characters pretty good the graphic is very on top BUT there are parts in the game where im like ehhh this seems too much like fallout 3 like i go underOk im not gonna give this game a 10 why because there are some fault in the game BUT i can say this is ONE of my fav games of this year and ONE of my fav games for the past 3 years.The music is fantastic,the story line is pretty driven, the characters pretty good the graphic is very on top BUT there are parts in the game where im like ehhh this seems too much like fallout 3 like i go under water and it just looks bland and nothing there and the way people talk gets kinda annoying other then those min things like the bugs dont even bother me. I would give this game a 9.5. Expand
  94. Nov 12, 2011
    Possibly the most epic/best game ever made. I've never seen a game as beautiful as Skyrim before. It is even better than I imagined it would be. What makes Skyrim such an epic game? What makes it so damn good? What makes it so damn... beautiful?

The environment and the soundtracks is so good that you wish you could just live there. As you play, you won't even notice that you've been playing for 12 hours straight. Skyrim's not just a game, but another world. I nearly cried at the end of the story line. But even though you have completed the story line, you have PLENTY of other things to do. Go slay some dragons, learn all the shouts, do side-quests, buy a house or get married. Endless possibilities! With over 300+ hours of playtime, I think that this is one of those must have games.

Haven't you played Skyrim yet? What are you waiting for? Go buy it right now! You won't regret it.
  95. Nov 13, 2011
    If you want to feel free and a true nordic warrior, Skyrim is your game!.

You have a lot of secondary missions and you can´t be bored never!. If you like rpg games, this is your game. The graphics are great, maybe they are not the most spectacular on this generation, but the giant map, the enviorement and all arround this game its great. The music its amazing, fits
    If you want to feel free and a true nordic warrior, Skyrim is your game!.

The music its amazing, fits perfectly with the action or the exploration moments.

Great game, but maybe if the graphics were better, this game could be the perfect game.
  96. Nov 23, 2011
    LAG SOLUTION ON PS3 : Under games in the main Playstation menu, go to saved game utility and delete any auto saves you won't be using. Next, start up the game, go into the menu and turn off auto save on menu. Other than the lag you will encounter if you don't do this, this game is nearly perfect.
  97. Nov 15, 2011
    First off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a hugeFirst off, ignore all the haters. All they care about is graphics, and probebly only play COD. This is not some game where you run around shooting people, this is a thinking mans game. Its smart, and has a wealth of content. Litterally 100's of hours woth, and I for one will be playing it at least that long. Yes, the graphics arnt perfect, but thats not the point. They are actually a huge step up from the previous Bethesda games. This is a amazing game, and is a perfect 10/10. Expand
  98. Nov 25, 2011
    Skyrim is a really good game despite the few problem i found.No games are perfect and with a few patches,this game should be good to play.They work so hard to develop this game unlike cod mw3
  99. Dec 12, 2011
    The anticipation and excitement for this game by RPG lovers could only be satiated by a near-perfect game designed with the care you've come to expect from games such as Bioshock and previous Elder Scrolls titles. This, unfortunately, is not such a game. The story has potential, but essentially most quests boil down to townsfolk who are incapable of doing anything sending you out on choresThe anticipation and excitement for this game by RPG lovers could only be satiated by a near-perfect game designed with the care you've come to expect from games such as Bioshock and previous Elder Scrolls titles. This, unfortunately, is not such a game. The story has potential, but essentially most quests boil down to townsfolk who are incapable of doing anything sending you out on chores such as 'pick up a letter here' or 'go talk to this guy'. The reason you play a game is not to spend 10 quest objectives or 30 minutes of game time finding a location to do battle, but rather to engage in said battle. While this isn't the case all the time, all too often you are sent on talking missions that are not in the least bit fun or interesting. The design of the talents and skills leveling is deep, but at certain points is laughably funny. I watched as my friend with full level sneak stabbed a person while that person was looking directly at them, and they did not attack back. I've seen the pot-on-the-head videos, where in real life you would engage in fistacuffs should someone place a pot on your head. In this game, it is acceptable, and almost as normal as wearing a hat. All that being said, there is still more negative. The bugs on the ps3, and the game in general, is truly unacceptable. From auto-saving slow down (5-7 second lockups when going to quest menu), to graphical slowdowns almost every single time you fast travel to a location, to mobs ceasing to attack in numerous occasions (dragons included: you can't imagine how epic a dragon fight may feel, only to have the dragon stop attacking and just look around while you kill it. It crushes your soul), the game is not at an acceptable level for release. I've beta tested games, and this is at a beta level right now. If Bethesda doesn't get their stuff together and patch this game up, it's not worth purchasing. It's not even a top 5 game of the year (for the ps3) in it's current state. It gets a 6. Expand
  100. Dec 30, 2011
    OMG your kidding right! This is probably one of the best RPG ever!! I can't understand the reviews at all unless this is a joke played by trolls who have nothing better to do.

1. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Jan 2, 2012
    This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    Dec 17, 2011
    Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]