6.3

1. Nov 17, 2011
    If you love RPG games this one is the best at this moment!;) The only thing i didn't gave it 10 is that it's somethimes in cities get slower and laggy...;)
  2. Nov 17, 2011
    I gave it a 7 mostly based on the PC version. Save your money and avoid the console port over crap and get it for the platform it was meant for, which is the PC. I'm not even sure why people get games like this for a console, worse graphics, dumbed down control's, no chance of modding and a HIGHER overall price.
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    This is easily the best RPG ever created. Period. The only complaint I have is that Skyrim is too good. I find it hard to hope that anything will come along that can beat it. Magnificent~! The Nordish world feels alive, vibrant, and not contrived. It would have been easy for Bethesda Soft to mimic LOTR. Instead they created a compelling world with wonderful content, awe inspiring magic,This is easily the best RPG ever created. Period. The only complaint I have is that Skyrim is too good. I find it hard to hope that anything will come along that can beat it. Magnificent~! The Nordish world feels alive, vibrant, and not contrived. It would have been easy for Bethesda Soft to mimic LOTR. Instead they created a compelling world with wonderful content, awe inspiring magic, and dragonborn "shouts" ! The music is tremendous. The graphical achievements are unparalleled. Only Oblivion compares to the scope and sense of non-linear adventure. The dragons, weather, and water effects are amazing... I have no complaints, only applause. A standing ovation for the Bethesda Soft team. I myself am a .NET software engineer. So, I know what time and effort must have went into this project. Bravo~!!! Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2011
    I am going to veer away from the technical bugs that this game contains as I have come across only a few and quite honestly, I expect that Bethesda will always ship games carrying a slew of bugs. We keep buying the games though so I am going to write this review with the assumption that there are a lot of bugs that will eventually be ironed out by downloading loads of patches that willI am going to veer away from the technical bugs that this game contains as I have come across only a few and quite honestly, I expect that Bethesda will always ship games carrying a slew of bugs. We keep buying the games though so I am going to write this review with the assumption that there are a lot of bugs that will eventually be ironed out by downloading loads of patches that will chew up much of my internet usage in the next 6 months.

To the game, I have to say I think this is one of the poorer games that Bethesda has released of late for content. It is a massive open world but there seems to be too little to do in it. I tried really hard for the first uncountable hours to get loads of quests to do and what happened? I managed to get only two that were really side quests alone. Most of the quests in the game seem tied to the main plot line in so much as I went cold calling (travelling around looking for random dungeons etc.) I found several dungeons, cleared them out, only to find that they were areas the main quest needed you to clear out...

And the dragons. Well, all the talk I have heard about fighting dragons and how cool it will be and how good they would look... So wrong. The first real dragon fight was like going on a picnic with a grumpy aunt and her children. We killed the dragon, who was less than awe inspiring in terms of AI, and there were no cheers or ecstatic reactions. The remaining soldiers just walked calmly around as if mulling around a water cooler trying to grab an extra minute away from the desk at work. The dragon animation was also atrocious. I sat on the watch tower and looked for the patterns, all ready to admire the animation of the huge fantasy beast. In a word... "unnatural" leapt to mid. The whole central theme to the game and it looked very average. When compared to Dragon Age 2 animation (and yes, a different style of game, but has dragons) Bethesda's dragons look rank amateur.

What the game does have going for it though is a big improvement on Oblivion in the same area. First, the generic graphics (for example a dungeon) is filled with colour and beauty. The first dungeon I entered had me stop for a minute just to take in how much of a change had taken place. In Oblivion everything was same, same, same where everywhere you go in this world has points of difference and are essentially beautiful, engaging places. Complex layers of image and sound make this thoroughly engrossing. So much so that I am actually enjoying chasing alchemical ingredients for the very first time!

Also, variety of creatures are really good now. In Oblivion you seemed to fight an endless stream of the same foes over and over through your levels, simply with adjustments being made to the stats of the creatures to make the fight more worthy. In Skyrim there are a wide variety of creatures now, that are all rendered really well and make for engaging battles. I especially love the giants who, when you come near your territory try to frighten you away rather than a direct attack. In fact the first time I came across this I kept approaching because I thought that if they did not attack immediately and just threatened perhaps I could parley and solve some of their problems for a while. What I found was that when I finally reached the giant area that they made kitty cat (as I am playing a Khajit) pancakes with their clubs in one well placed blow...

Finally, the character development is greatly improved. Be who you want to be and specialise how you want to. You are not bound by class, only by skills that increase as you use them over time. Additionally, when you level up you choose either health, magika or stamina to increase and then can purchase a perk for your skills that give you a bit of variety when using the skill and makes your character a lot more useful. The interface for this is simple, but can be annoying if you want to move back to look at a different perk can take some getting used to. Apart from this, it makes the game complex when balancing perks, but less confusing for those who thought classes were so restrictive.

I will play this game a lot. But I also know that the desolation of quests currently is probably to allow for much expansion with downloadable content (the quest for more money). Worth the money I paid for it? Probably not, but the game is beautifully rendered and solves some of the clunkiness of other games in the genre.
  5. Nov 23, 2011
    Only about 20 hours in but Skyrim just keeps getting bigger and bigger. This is a staggering experience that will be in my game rotation for months to come. My only gripe is the cumbersome menu and load times.
  6. Nov 15, 2011
    At first, I was REALLY skeptical about whether or not Bethesda could live up to their promises. I played over 150 hours of Oblivion, and I was really absorbed into it. Long story short, once I heard that theme play on the main menu, I knew this game would be amazing. So far, I've put a lot of time into the game and merely scratched the surface. In my opinion, this IS one of the best gamesAt first, I was REALLY skeptical about whether or not Bethesda could live up to their promises. I played over 150 hours of Oblivion, and I was really absorbed into it. Long story short, once I heard that theme play on the main menu, I knew this game would be amazing. So far, I've put a lot of time into the game and merely scratched the surface. In my opinion, this IS one of the best games ever made. It took what Morrowind and Oblivion had added them together in a perfect package. Man, I feel sorry for those COD fans below. I spent longer exploring the world, ignoring the main quest than it took them to complete MW3's. Please, go back to playing your rehashed piece of garbage. I've got a whole world to get back to! Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2011
    Ps3 buyers deserved a better version. Like a programmer said "programming for the PS3 is what separates the good programmers from the bad programmers". So i don't need to say anything else.. Check this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-13-skyrim-triple-format-comparison-gallery-comparison-gallery What a disappointment.

Although the more you play the more you wanna play:)
  8. Dec 2, 2011
    The game's great, though it's really pretty bogged down by a load of glitches like flying mammoths and everything, and combat feels awkward and a little repetitive. But I guess it can be excused considering the game's size. The spells and everything add a cool touch and dragon encounters are FUN.
  9. Dec 12, 2011
    Still 0 lag after 60+hrs of play and a save file of 8MB+. Maybe all this QQ comes from outdated fail. This game is insane, the best game to date. A must buy.
  10. Dec 15, 2011
    I've never seen the Trolls so organized! Is this the beginning of the end for user reviews?

A critical flaw for Metacritic... I'm saving my endearing review for 1up, who'll screen. This is clearly in the top 5 video games of all time. Minor flaws, who cares. So does your wife.
  11. Dec 12, 2011
    This game is amazing, i love every moment i play it, reading other comments saying there is problems lags and glitches with it, i have not found any problems with the game, to continue it is a fun and entertaining game, i love how you can changed from 3rd to 1st person at a click of a button, and the leveling system is awesome. I didnt think the game could be this great considering peopleThis game is amazing, i love every moment i play it, reading other comments saying there is problems lags and glitches with it, i have not found any problems with the game, to continue it is a fun and entertaining game, i love how you can changed from 3rd to 1st person at a click of a button, and the leveling system is awesome. I didnt think the game could be this great considering people told me it was like runescape. they were right but like a runescape completely remodeled regraphitized ( idk if that a word but better graphics lol) and just the whole outline of the land scape is made to perfection. also it is harder to just increase strength or magic or range in the game you need all three and even better is that it is cut down even further to that the way u use these items such as 2 handed weapons has its own leveling system 1 handed weapons has its own leveling system and magic has many different categories such as destruction, regeneration (not actually what its called cant remember), etc. the story line i find good it could be better because it seems like one mission after another which can be boring but at the end of the day i found this game to be astonishing Expand
  12. Dec 2, 2011
    This is probably one of the best games I've played in a long time it is great in every way the graphics are awesome, the game play is outstanding and this game is 10 times better than, but don't get me wrong Oblivion was a great game also, but I think Bethesda really got this game right.
  13. Dec 3, 2011
    I loved Morrowind (especially levitation), didn't care for Oblivion (played on PC back then), and now Skyrim. I didn't know what to expect since my PC is not "updated", so I decided to buy PS3 version. So many players have complained about the bugs, I have not experiences single one after 60+ hours (except mammoths not going to water). And if I ever will any serious ones in this game, II loved Morrowind (especially levitation), didn't care for Oblivion (played on PC back then), and now Skyrim. I didn't know what to expect since my PC is not "updated", so I decided to buy PS3 version. So many players have complained about the bugs, I have not experiences single one after 60+ hours (except mammoths not going to water). And if I ever will any serious ones in this game, I wouldn't care that much. I have NEVER played as visually beautiful game as Skyrim, not on PC not on PS3. Jeremy Soule made amazing job with soundtrack and NPC's with their daily routines are convincing. As so many others, I have barely touched main quest, my kids are shouting : "Dragon! Kill it daddy" or "Go over there, there are some ruins, maybe we find some demons" have been my experience of Skyrim :). I do miss attributes from previous installments, but perks are a nice addition, but they do not compensate simplified structure of attributes. I have always appreciated Bethesda's skills creating awesome games, and with Skyrim they really made something special. If you have not purchased game yet, DO IT IMMEDIATELY! Doesn't matter are you playing PC/xbox/ or PS3. Expand
  14. Dec 12, 2011
    This game takes everything you loved about oblivion and morrowind to create one of the most memorable gaming experiences I have had in some time. The game is in no way perfect though. I can only speak for the PS3 version but there are tons of glitches. Some can be funny and even charming but other times it makes the game feel almost broken. Also, you cannot map commonly used weapons, itemsThis game takes everything you loved about oblivion and morrowind to create one of the most memorable gaming experiences I have had in some time. The game is in no way perfect though. I can only speak for the PS3 version but there are tons of glitches. Some can be funny and even charming but other times it makes the game feel almost broken. Also, you cannot map commonly used weapons, items or spells to the directional pad. Making you stop time and ruin the moment of the game when u need to switch weapons. That being said the game looks beautiful, the sound score is pitch perfect, and content is massive. 910 right now, would probably make that a 10 if the upcoming patches fix the bugs. Expand
  15. Nov 16, 2011
    Amazing game, People complaining must not have a good enough computer or playing it on console. I am running it Just fine, and has only crashed once when i did "~qqq", aka my own fault. The music is memorable, the fights are faster and quick paced, the environment is amazing, Everything about this game being amazing is correct, if you don't have a good enough pc, or not a PC user who knowsAmazing game, People complaining must not have a good enough computer or playing it on console. I am running it Just fine, and has only crashed once when i did "~qqq", aka my own fault. The music is memorable, the fights are faster and quick paced, the environment is amazing, Everything about this game being amazing is correct, if you don't have a good enough pc, or not a PC user who knows how to properly setup a game, please switch to console. Expand
  16. Dec 23, 2011
    Lets start with the bad. the lag kicks in around 40 hours in, gets worse from there, but it is not to the point to where it breaks the game, i'm in around 80 hours, beat the main story (kinda short by the way), done at least 50 side quests, And explored most of skyrim. The lag seems to spike at a point or two between every 2-4 hours or when you enter a city. When there are many thingsLets start with the bad. the lag kicks in around 40 hours in, gets worse from there, but it is not to the point to where it breaks the game, i'm in around 80 hours, beat the main story (kinda short by the way), done at least 50 side quests, And explored most of skyrim. The lag seems to spike at a point or two between every 2-4 hours or when you enter a city. When there are many things popping up around the same time, the lag might, but usually will, kick in. When you are attacked by a dragon the game may lag again. sometimes when i entered a cave or a dungeon the game would lag. The lag spikes can last from a few seconds to three mins. Its very annoying, but if you can get past that, then you can deal with the game bugs which hopefully will be patched in time. sometimes I found myself falling though the ground and dying, sometimes the dragons fly backwards (Freaking hilarious), and many more problems. IF you can get past ALL of that then you have I really fun game with Lots of stuff to do. Basically though, It's just Oblivion with a Graphics upgrade, More stuff to do, Dragons, and Marriage. And that is good if you liked Oblivion, Which I did, And they really do need to Patch this though. Expand
  17. Nov 25, 2011
    Great Game!!! Even have the wife playing her own character. That says a lot. Some bugs but overall great. I think they could of made a few changes that would make the game better like a mini map on screen but all is good.
  18. Nov 12, 2011
    Game plays well. Combat feels solid. A few minor animation glitches here and there but does nothing to harm the experience followers of the series have come to expect. The visuals are stunning and if you are playing on PC and have a high powered machine they are even better. The audio is well done and the voice acting is better than it was in Oblivion. The main storyline is engaging andGame plays well. Combat feels solid. A few minor animation glitches here and there but does nothing to harm the experience followers of the series have come to expect. The visuals are stunning and if you are playing on PC and have a high powered machine they are even better. The audio is well done and the voice acting is better than it was in Oblivion. The main storyline is engaging and there are a lot of side quests to do. Just like the previous entries in the series, Skyrim is more than a game, it is an immersive experience. It is impressive and the best game of its ilk since Oblivion. Expand
  19. Nov 12, 2011
    As a fan of Morrowind and Oblivion I am happy with the direction Bethesada has taken the Elder Scrolls series. No problems with graphics or load times on my PS3. I really like what they've done with the advancement system, I feel like I can actually just play the game instead of worrying about which skill I'm advancing to get the optimal stat increase. I liked what Bethesada did withAs a fan of Morrowind and Oblivion I am happy with the direction Bethesada has taken the Elder Scrolls series. No problems with graphics or load times on my PS3. I really like what they've done with the advancement system, I feel like I can actually just play the game instead of worrying about which skill I'm advancing to get the optimal stat increase. I liked what Bethesada did with Fallout 3 and I have no problem with them borrowing some aspects from that game for Skyrim. The dual-wielding takes a little bit to get used to, but once you've got it down you can unleash some massive damage. Skyrim will provide several years of entertaining escapism. Expand
  20. Nov 12, 2011
    I was lost for words while playing this game. It was a truly brilliant successor to Oblivion and more. The feel of immersion in the gameplay was so deep, I wouldn't be surprised if this game would claim people's lives. In my opinion, this has got to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time - Bethesda are video game geniuses. My only criticism is minor and should really be ignored asI was lost for words while playing this game. It was a truly brilliant successor to Oblivion and more. The feel of immersion in the gameplay was so deep, I wouldn't be surprised if this game would claim people's lives. In my opinion, this has got to be one of the greatest RPGs of all time - Bethesda are video game geniuses. My only criticism is minor and should really be ignored as everything else makes this game a unique and wonderful experience; the fact that this game is so huge and so complex, many gamers who are used to smaller and more compact games like the Call of Duty series and sports games like FIFA would probably feel a little too free and, as a result, bored - but for gamers with determination, imagination and an idea of what they want to do - this game is an infinite-size canvas. Expand
  21. Nov 20, 2011
    è veramente un gioco assurdo. Ti rapisce in un modo incredibile erano anni che un gioco non mi appassionasse tanto. Merita veramente di essere comprato perchè vale tutti i soldi che costa.
  22. Nov 18, 2011
    Game of the year candidate. The few flaws, which are rather prevalent in this type of game, can be forgiven for all the things the game does well. Beautiful graphics, amazing music and a well written story make this a must have for anyone looking to go beyond the insipid boom-fests that most other games deliver.
  23. Nov 18, 2011
    What a fantastic game. Skyrim feels like Bethesda are finally beginning to achieve what they've been trying to get right for over ten years, refining those elements that made Fallout 3 and Oblivion so enjoyable whilst avoiding many of the issues present in those titles.

Easily Bethesda's greatest achievement yet and without a doubt one of the best open world RPG titles ever released.
  24. Nov 18, 2011
    Outstanding. I HATE rpgs... seriously, i can't stand them... but this game... wow. So much to do, so much to explore, and the game is freaking gorgeous!
  25. Nov 19, 2011
    One of the best games I've played this year!

Not been a fan of RPGs much but Skyrim has changed my mind. Days feel like minutes when I play this. It feels endless when playing with probably over 1000s of random objectives to do. Trophies are time-consuming but if, like me, you love the game, it will take no time to get Platinum :D The only problem I've had with the game is it is quite
    One of the best games I've played this year!

The only problem I've had with the game is it is quite buggy and freezes/lags every hour or so. I'm about 90% sure this will be Game of the Year :)
  26. Nov 19, 2011
    This game is just breathe taking. Everything is done to such a epic scale that you just sit there watching going" Oh my gosh did that really happen? That was so epic!". This game pulls you into its world and you forget that it's a game. There is so much to do that you will forget about the main story. It is a must buy game.
  27. Nov 20, 2011
    Amazing game, I mean if a game has got worse withdrawal symptoms than what smoking makes, that's got to say something! It's just so easy to get completely wrapped up in the world, even just exploring and not doing any quests! It would have been a solid 10 is it wasn't for the bugs which are really annoying, but until those bugs are resolved it can't be a 10 for me.
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    The only reason I made an account on this website is so I could review this game. This IS one of the best games of all time, period. Do not let anyone say otherwise. Currently the only issues I have had with this game have been the frame rate slowdowns and some NPC and graphical glitches, but nothing that cant be sorted with a patch. Now I could produce a giant list about what is so mindThe only reason I made an account on this website is so I could review this game. This IS one of the best games of all time, period. Do not let anyone say otherwise. Currently the only issues I have had with this game have been the frame rate slowdowns and some NPC and graphical glitches, but nothing that cant be sorted with a patch. Now I could produce a giant list about what is so mind blowing about this game so i will try and make this as brief as possible. This World itself is one of the best game worlds ever, everything feels so alive. The graphics for a world as open and as HUGE as this are outstanding, there is literally UNLIMITED amounts to do meaning that the lifespan on this game is forever. Also with so much to do, the developers have done a fantastic job of making it all so interesting. Im currently level 28 and have played now for around 35 hours and I have barely scratched the surface. The only game that i personally think can compete with this would be Fallout 3, however a new day has arrived and it is skyrim. Think of this game as the Beatles or Metallica, its going to be remembered and loved for some time. Im going to end this review now because I want to carry on playing this game, but be warned this game is truly addicting and once your hooked and see, you will think any other game is average in comparison. Expand
  29. Nov 24, 2011
    The only reason I can't give this game a 10 is because every time I play for more than an hour the game starts freezing and lagging like CRAAAAZY. Very annoying. But other than that I am addicted to this game. It's not one of those games you can play for 3 hours a day and beat it and be done with it. You can play for hundreds of hours and still have missions to do in this game. This is myThe only reason I can't give this game a 10 is because every time I play for more than an hour the game starts freezing and lagging like CRAAAAZY. Very annoying. But other than that I am addicted to this game. It's not one of those games you can play for 3 hours a day and beat it and be done with it. You can play for hundreds of hours and still have missions to do in this game. This is my first Elder Scrolls game I bought but I will def be buying another. Great Job Expand
  30. Dec 26, 2011
    this game is super addictive, I got it for xmas and i am always dying to play it when i get back from something, so don't waste your money on call of duty, which SUCKS, just buy skyrim
  31. Jan 4, 2012
    I'll admit, I didn't like Oblivion. I found the game boring and I was never compelled to explore or stay with the game. But the main reason I didn't like it was because I didn't play it properly. I always fast travelled, and I never explored so I just go bored. So I was sceptical about buying Skyrim, but It just looked so good, and I now knew how to play it properly. As soon as I startedI'll admit, I didn't like Oblivion. I found the game boring and I was never compelled to explore or stay with the game. But the main reason I didn't like it was because I didn't play it properly. I always fast travelled, and I never explored so I just go bored. So I was sceptical about buying Skyrim, but It just looked so good, and I now knew how to play it properly. As soon as I started playing, I was addicted. The numerous amount of improvements it makes on Oblivion are great. The game is more personal than ever. You now get to shape your character in the exact way you want to. I am a Khajiit who specialises in one-handed weapons, magic, heavy armour, sneaking, lockpicking, smithing and I am still trying to improve on my other skills. It's an incredible system that works fantastically. Lots of people complain about the bugs. I have had the game for about a week and have played around 17 hours and haven't encountered many bugs or the incredibly slow framerate that apparently plagues the PS3 versions of the game. I did encounter the framerate a few days ago, but the next day I didn't play at all, and the day after I started playing and it worked fine. There are a few problems with this game, and it is far from perfect. The shadows a shocking on the PS3 version. The shadows almost always have jagged edges and look really bad. Graphically this game looks great. Not amazing but great. Looking from a distance, the game is incredible. But up close, things are less than pretty. That said, overall Skyrim looks great. Thankfully, Skyrim has a lot better facial animation than the shocking animation that was in Oblivion. The conversations don't pause time and unlike Oblivion, the faces aren't expressionless. However the facial animations still aren't perfect. The overall animations however, are a LOT better than Oblivion. in Oblivion, the characters looked as if they were walking on air, now their feet actually look like they're making contact with the ground. The gameplay is fantastic. I have been addicted to this game, and have played for up to 4 hours straight at times ( I know that's not much compared to other people, but for me it is). The weapons still look like they're cutting through air than flesh, but are a lot better than they were in Oblivion. The magic is awesome, as you can now have on magic spell per hand, so you can be shooting to fire streams at a time, or shooting one fire stream, while defending yourself with the Lesser Ward. You can also have magic in one hand, sword in the other, dual wield swords, have a sword and shield or use a two handed weapon. There are a LOT of things to do in Skyrim. So far I have joined the College at Winterhold to become a mage, joined the Stormcloaks, Joined the Thieves Guild, completed side quests, explored, cleared dungeons, fought dragons and found tonnes of loot. And I haven't even scratched the surface. There is so much to do in Skyrim, so if you buy it, you really need to dedicate quite a bit of time to it. So I'm glad I bought it during the holiday season. Skyrim isn't perfect, and there are problems, but this is simply a game that can't be missed. Expand
  32. Dec 11, 2011
    Hands down the best game of the year. A vividly created world with heart and soul that sucks you in engaging you from start to finish. Bethesda has delivered one of the most enriched masterpieces of any art from in a long time.
  33. Nov 18, 2011
    Skyrim Skyrim Skyrim, a really great game from Bethesda. I love the Nordic World and the Quest. The Witcher 2 an Skyrim are the best RPG of the Year. Thanks Bethesda.
  34. Nov 12, 2011
    So this game is very different from oblivion, it takes awhile to get use to the changes, and you might be unsure of the game till you are use to it. I've played it a lot recently and i'm starting to get use to everything new. This game has so much stuff to offer compared to oblivion, that it is literally overwhelming. The more i play the game the better it gets. I recommend buying this game.
  35. Nov 23, 2011
    LAG SOLUTION ON PS3 : Under games in the main Playstation menu, go to saved game utility and delete any auto saves you won't be using. Next, start up the game, go into the menu and turn off auto save on menu. Other than the lag you will encounter if you don't do this, this game is nearly perfect.
  36. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is huge and beautiful. If you like single player RPGs than this game is a fun buy. I think the biggest improvement in this game is the leveling and perk system, as well as the dual welding spells and weapons. In the previous Elder Scrolls games I was mostly playing as a battlemage, but because of the new leveling system I want to play a strict magical character. The levelingThis game is huge and beautiful. If you like single player RPGs than this game is a fun buy. I think the biggest improvement in this game is the leveling and perk system, as well as the dual welding spells and weapons. In the previous Elder Scrolls games I was mostly playing as a battlemage, but because of the new leveling system I want to play a strict magical character. The leveling system is balanced enough where you're not punished for picking a class type, which makes this game so much more re-playable. I'm already 13 hours into this game because of the vastness of it's map size and content. I'll get to the main mission eventually. As far as the dual casting/welding goes. It's a lot of fun and the animation or rendering is awesome. The enemies fry, burn and freeze in really cool ways. I almost feel bad for them.

As for as cons for the games go, there are a few bugs (but what game doesn't), but for the most part it's really smooth (considering how much is being rendered). I've read reviews of peoples' systems crashing, but my computer is pretty high-end (crossfire 6870) and I'm running at ultra-high settings and I'm having few difficulties. The UI isn't as seamless as I like particularly from a weapon selection perspective and quick swapping. To choose between weapons 'quickly' you need to favorite a weapon or spell. If you want to choose quickly the game pauses and the selection is permitted with no damage penalty. I'd prefer the 'no-pause' where a mouse-wheel could help selection my next weapon system or some sort of key binding.

Overall, I really happy with this purchase as it's a fun game for me to play. It includes a variety of ways to combat opponents and play the missions. I'll give this game a 10, because there is no other game of this genre that compliments my play style and story needs. I've been anticipating this game for a couple years and Bethesda has not let me down. A great purchase. Thanks Bethesda
  37. Nov 12, 2011
    It's, simply put, the best western rpg of all time. The ability to give the player this amazing open-world without losing focus or fall short on content is done staggeringly well. The fundamental annoyances from Oblivion are gone here and there's really nothing that can't be fixed in time. Dialogue is excellent, graphics are improved, creatures come in variety of types and races, and mostIt's, simply put, the best western rpg of all time. The ability to give the player this amazing open-world without losing focus or fall short on content is done staggeringly well. The fundamental annoyances from Oblivion are gone here and there's really nothing that can't be fixed in time. Dialogue is excellent, graphics are improved, creatures come in variety of types and races, and most importantly, the combat/ leveling is now much more fun and deeper. Quests are now meaningful and most of the time embed well into the world. Dragon Age lacked the variety, Dark Souls lacked in content and just having fun, Witcher 2 was great, but the animations were stiff and story wasn't that epic. Skyrim is the new king of RPGs. Expand
  38. Nov 15, 2011
    This game is awesome. Every inch is so rich and just simply amazing looking. I don't see how a game could get much better than this on current hardware. This is my favorite game of of this generation, and probably of all time for that matter. Characters, animation, effects, environments are all top notch. I have seen some odd ai behavior here and there, but that is to be expected in a gameThis game is awesome. Every inch is so rich and just simply amazing looking. I don't see how a game could get much better than this on current hardware. This is my favorite game of of this generation, and probably of all time for that matter. Characters, animation, effects, environments are all top notch. I have seen some odd ai behavior here and there, but that is to be expected in a game where you can do almost anything! It is so huge, I will be playing for many months to come. Expand
  39. Nov 13, 2011
    As a new follower to the Elder Scrolls world - only played Oblivion, I can say, without a doubt, this is one of the better games I've EVER played. Period. The depth of the quests, the soothing sounds of the soundtrack, and the absolutely beautiful world created in Skyrim will resonate with me for a long time to come. I have sunk 30 hours in and I haven't even begun to scratch the surfaceAs a new follower to the Elder Scrolls world - only played Oblivion, I can say, without a doubt, this is one of the better games I've EVER played. Period. The depth of the quests, the soothing sounds of the soundtrack, and the absolutely beautiful world created in Skyrim will resonate with me for a long time to come. I have sunk 30 hours in and I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of how far the proverbial rabbit-hole goes. They took what was awesome from Oblivion, coupled it with the positive characteristics attached to the new Fallout series, and made one hell of a good game. True, they are some bugs, but nothing that detracts you from the games playability in the least. I even find some hilarious - like woolly mammoths that fly. So I never gave them two thoughts.

I can't put this game down. If you love the Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout series, or any game in general, get this, you will not regret it.
  40. Nov 13, 2011
    9.9/10 i found this game to have a awesome story, awesome graphics and more content you can shake a stick at . a few tiny bugs on the PlayStation where the menu's weren't loading properly But still overall this has to be my favorite game of the year.
  41. Nov 13, 2011
    Haters gonna hate. to those of your complaining about the game? its the same people with any new release. cry and moan about how this that and the other. I swear some of the complaints i have seen must be hired critics or something cause seriously? shotty graphics? get a better computer, the game is not gonna look the same for everyone unless we're all running the same system? this gameHaters gonna hate. to those of your complaining about the game? its the same people with any new release. cry and moan about how this that and the other. I swear some of the complaints i have seen must be hired critics or something cause seriously? shotty graphics? get a better computer, the game is not gonna look the same for everyone unless we're all running the same system? this game brings so much more depth then the previous releases. two thumbs up for sure a recommended buy. Expand
  42. Nov 13, 2011
    It's not often Games like this come along. But Skyrim's Amazing Gameplay Combines all the good elements of The nostalgic Morrowind and Popular Oblivion to make the perfect storm of RPG brilliance. The Main Quest Storyline is Clever, Original, and Fits Together Perfectly. I haven't finished many of the other quests yet, but I have been all over the Northern Providence. The Sky Is StunninglyIt's not often Games like this come along. But Skyrim's Amazing Gameplay Combines all the good elements of The nostalgic Morrowind and Popular Oblivion to make the perfect storm of RPG brilliance. The Main Quest Storyline is Clever, Original, and Fits Together Perfectly. I haven't finished many of the other quests yet, but I have been all over the Northern Providence. The Sky Is Stunningly beautiful for a Video Game and All the Cities and Dungeons are unique and you can very easily tell them apart. I have tried both the PC version and Xbox 360 Version and if this were a review for the xbox 360 version, the score would be somewhere around 6. The Graphics for Skyrim are amazing. If your computer can run it at it's highest, It is an amazing experience. Expand
  43. Nov 25, 2011
    Skyrim is a really good game despite the few problem i found.No games are perfect and with a few patches,this game should be good to play.They work so hard to develop this game unlike cod mw3
  44. Nov 16, 2011
    Skyrim, like Bethesda's Fallout 3 and Oblivion before it, will inevitably receive a certain amount of criticism. This will generally focus on these things: 1. Bugs
    2. The graphics
    3. The combat system And all of these criticisms will be completely accurate. Skyrim's graphics pale in comparison to some other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. Its combat system looks
    2. The graphics
    3. The combat system
    And all of these criticisms will be completely accurate. Skyrim's graphics pale in comparison to some other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. Its combat system looks pitiful next to the combat systems of some other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. It has many more bugs than other (much smaller and simpler) games of this generation. Do you see what I'm getting at here? To judge Skyrim on the basis of these elements is as redundant as criticizing Grand Theft Auto for having simpler driving mechanics than Gran Turismo. To focus on these elements is to completely miss the point. Bethesda have built a bigger, deeper, more intricate world than anything our consoles have seen before. Then they stuck me in the middle of it and dared me to do whatever the hell I felt like. This is a game in which I've struck out with the aim of infiltrating a fortress in the dead of night, only to find myself spending 20 minutes seeing how many inanimate objects I could balance on the corpse of a giant spider. A game in which a misplaced arrow during an epic battle with a dragon somehow escalated into a very messy swordfight with half a dozen Haafingar guards, all because I really didn't want to give up an enchanted ring I may or may not have pickpocketed from a sleeping woman whose house I had broken into some days earlier. It's game in which I made my housekeeper (okay okay "housecarl" sorry, Lydia) fight the ghost of a legendary assassin because he just wouldn't shut up, and it's a game that made me stop dead in my tracks and utter a terrible expletive the first time I looked up at the sky on a clear night. If you're simply after some hack-'n'-slash action with an EXP. meter, you could do a lot better than Skyrim. But if your interests and desires as a gamer are multifarious enough to appreciate what Bethesda are doing (and if you can look past the terrible fault of having the same jump button as Fallout 3 did, which seemed to bother one reviewer a surprising amount), then it could very well become your favourite thing.
  45. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is more then just a game, it's an experience. The follow up in the Elderscrolls series delivers in every way imaginable, a huge open world to explore,great cast of characters,fun gameplay, stunning visuals etc. Set in the world of skyrim there is so much adventure to be had, the game is just huge. And completely loaded with content,so you will get your money's worth.But even thoughSkyrim is more then just a game, it's an experience. The follow up in the Elderscrolls series delivers in every way imaginable, a huge open world to explore,great cast of characters,fun gameplay, stunning visuals etc. Set in the world of skyrim there is so much adventure to be had, the game is just huge. And completely loaded with content,so you will get your money's worth.But even though there is so many things going right with skyrim, there are some weak points. The game has lots of bugs, like getting stuck in a mountain,floating animals, game freezes, framerate issues and more. This is a lot of problems, but the game does so much right, that you can forgive it for those flaws. Amazing game, one of the best of the year, and deserves your attention. Expand
  46. Nov 20, 2011
    Skyrim is amazing. The game has unlimited amounts of quests and what not. So gameplay time/addictiveness is through the roof! Gameplay revolves around slashing, bashing, and spells. The sheer number of ways to play is great. Walk into a dungeon full of enemies, and you'll know theres a ton of ways to attack. "Should I go stealthy? Should I mage it in here? What about Sword and sheild?"Skyrim is amazing. The game has unlimited amounts of quests and what not. So gameplay time/addictiveness is through the roof! Gameplay revolves around slashing, bashing, and spells. The sheer number of ways to play is great. Walk into a dungeon full of enemies, and you'll know theres a ton of ways to attack. "Should I go stealthy? Should I mage it in here? What about Sword and sheild?" That is the beauty of Skyrim. You play how you WANT to play. The game does not dictate your actions. I could go on forever about gameplay... so let me move on- Graphics. This game is beautiful. The world is the largest I've seen in a game, and Bethesda managed to pay SO much attention to detail, from the snowcapped mountains, to the depths of the oceans, to the darkest of dungeons, the game never ceases to amaze graphically. The game packs what is probably the best looking special effects in gaming, they actually managed to make fire look good! Not that papery, cartoonish type of fire usually seen. Skyrim is not perfect however. The game has some bugs that drop the framerate severely (I've gone as low as about 10 FPS). And out of my 20+ Hours with Skyrim, only once have I experienced textures not loading. I hate to deduct a point for this, as a patch is already on its way for these problems, but it wouldn't be fair if I didn't. The presentation of Skyrim is great, leveling always feels rewarding, and though it may seem overwhelming at first, the skill trees look great and are very simple to use when leveling up. I've been gaming since 1997 guys, and Skyrim is honestly one of the greatest games I've ever played. 20-something hours in, and I still cant put the controller down. Unless you have some raging hatred for RPGs, this game is a MUST BUY. Expand
  47. Nov 20, 2011
    Absolutely amazing game I've already racked up over 40 hours on it! Can't stay away from it! Great story great guilds! Absolutely loved the dark brotherhood in this game just like I loved Oblivion's dark brotherhood missions. Definite buy if you loved Oblivion or if you're looking to get into another genre!
  48. Nov 21, 2011
    A video game experience truly incredible! Skyrim still has some bugs, but it really is nothing compared to the pleasure of freedom that the game brings. For me the best game of the year 2011 (any style combined). Congratulations Bethesda
  49. Nov 21, 2011
    This is quite possibly one of the best video games I have ever played. So much to see and do, explore and experience. I have put in almost an entire week worth of playing and still haven't done it all, it is amazing and should be played. The is nothing more awesome then charging down a field with an axe in hand chasing after a dragon while yelling at the top of your lungs. The music asThis is quite possibly one of the best video games I have ever played. So much to see and do, explore and experience. I have put in almost an entire week worth of playing and still haven't done it all, it is amazing and should be played. The is nothing more awesome then charging down a field with an axe in hand chasing after a dragon while yelling at the top of your lungs. The music as always for a Bethesda game, is incredible. The combat, is fun, (Fireball is a particularly fun spell to see your enemies get blown back when they are defeated) and engaging. The game is everything I would hope it to be and in some ways, more. However, the bugs, particularly on PS3 are annoying. Most of the time they are small and silly, like the pile of twitching dragon corpses in the College of Winterhold that I've seemed to acquire that pending on when you load the area are in different locations or in the walls. But others, like the frame rate drop can make the game unplayable for a period (when it gets really bad I restart the game which fixes the problem for a time, but still, it shouldn't happen.) So, hopefully the forthcoming patches will fix the issues, but until then I can only give the game a 9 out of 10 rather then the 10 out of 10 I want to give. Expand
  50. Nov 26, 2011
    In my first 100 hours of this game I have joined a cult of cannibals, killed over 10 dragons, plundered countless dungeons, assassinated several political officials, became a werewolf, and became the head of a band of thieves.â
  51. Nov 25, 2011
    I cannot praise this game enough! I really did not get on with Oblivion. It had a steep learning curve and came accross quite dull to me. In Skyrim they have simplified the gameplay, made the quests far more involving and exciting and generally improved the feel of the game. This is a huge leap forward in my opinion. I am not sure how people can say that this game has no substance. I cantI cannot praise this game enough! I really did not get on with Oblivion. It had a steep learning curve and came accross quite dull to me. In Skyrim they have simplified the gameplay, made the quests far more involving and exciting and generally improved the feel of the game. This is a huge leap forward in my opinion. I am not sure how people can say that this game has no substance. I cant stop playing and have now been playing for arounf 60 hours on quests alone! Amazing depth and dare I say I may even replay the game which is rare for me.

Simply put...AMAZING!
  52. Dec 3, 2011
    I used to hate Skyrim's bugs, then they took an arrow to the knee. The fact that review scores lower than 10 are legal for this game is an atrocity and must be stopped immediately.
  53. Dec 11, 2011
    after almost 6 years we finally get the next elder scrolls game and after much hype does it live uo to what i had hoped it would be? for the most part yes the game looks amazing in the graphics department , there is a ungodly amount of stuff to do , the game now feels more of a challange unlike oblivion did , fighting dragons is awsome the charcter models look great unlike oblivions andafter almost 6 years we finally get the next elder scrolls game and after much hype does it live uo to what i had hoped it would be? for the most part yes the game looks amazing in the graphics department , there is a ungodly amount of stuff to do , the game now feels more of a challange unlike oblivion did , fighting dragons is awsome the charcter models look great unlike oblivions and the creat a charicter has been streamlined . the game has a new level up system which is simaler to the old elder scrolls games but is differnt and took it awhile to grow on me as you no longer have a set of prefered skills that level you up faster. the games story isnt bad but like most ES games it doesnt stand out as most people just get sucked into all the extra stuff there is to do. there has been alot of raging on the games frame rate slowing down to near unplayable levels and ive had a friend tell me the same others have as well. i my self have over 120 hours into the game did pretty much almost every thing there is to do and have only encountered that slow down a few times and only lasted 1-2 minuites and went away so i cant complain about it personally.. but i can understand people raging against this game over it if they have gotten it alot. other then that one of my gripes is you still can not fly... well why the hell not? i miss that from morrowind. also the load times are abit long and i would think with the install to the ps3 you could speed that up alot more. over all i loved skyrim i put a 120 hours into it and had alot of fun and the game had me hooked from the first hour to the last. Expand
  54. Dec 10, 2011
    This game is better than oblivion in many ways. Interesting map to play on, hundreds of quests and locations, and a ton of things to do. Graphics are superb, voice acting is superb, sounds are superb. There are a few minor glitches i have encountered, but nothing that i haven't seen in Oblivion. When my game save got to around 8mb the framerate suffered a bit. Nothing in this game isThis game is better than oblivion in many ways. Interesting map to play on, hundreds of quests and locations, and a ton of things to do. Graphics are superb, voice acting is superb, sounds are superb. There are a few minor glitches i have encountered, but nothing that i haven't seen in Oblivion. When my game save got to around 8mb the framerate suffered a bit. Nothing in this game is broken. They released a patch that stopped the framerate drop. Dragon battles could be a lot more epic - or difficult for that matter. If you are a fan of role playing games, especially the western kind, you should get this game. This game seems to be a bit more difficult than the last in some instances which is a good thing because I dislike being unchallenged. If I had to choose one game this winter season, it would be Skyrim, unless your into multiplayer games, then id say go for battlefield 3. Expand
  55. Dec 14, 2011
    Brilliant Game! The best immersive RPG to come out....visually stunning, epic fights with cinematic finishing kills, a huge living world to explore and loads of epic dungeons to explore and fight through.
    Oh and the Dragons are the most amazing dragons i`ve seen in any video game in over 30 years of playing games.
    Don`t listen to the silly trolls on here who have made multiple accounts

Don`t listen to the silly trolls on here who have made multiple accounts etc. to wreck the scores...this game is THE EPIC RPG.....forget rubbish like Two Words 2 or non existent, bug ridden Dark Souls. THIS IS THE KING OF RPG`s..
  56. Nov 23, 2011
    I love this game. I love videogames. I love a LOT of videogames actually, in fact I am the kind of guy who gives perfect scores out pretty easily I mean just this year, Dark Souls, Deus ex, Uncharted, and Portal. They were all phenomenal in my eyes, but Skyrim is just everything I love about videogames on a whole nother level. It is not the perfect game but to hell with the idea ofI love this game. I love videogames. I love a LOT of videogames actually, in fact I am the kind of guy who gives perfect scores out pretty easily I mean just this year, Dark Souls, Deus ex, Uncharted, and Portal. They were all phenomenal in my eyes, but Skyrim is just everything I love about videogames on a whole nother level. It is not the perfect game but to hell with the idea of perfection, I love this game. If you hate this game, I love this game. I have never loved a game this much in my life. Don't just take my word for it, the love is everywhere. Expand
  57. Dec 16, 2011
    Skyrim is a great addicting game and can take up more than 100 hours of your life exploring the vast open world. There are plenty of mission to keep you occupied. A huge improvement over Oblivion in gameplay and cinematic kills. The reason it got an 8 instead of a 10 is because when Bethseda release there games the all come out with bugs and takes them up to a month to fix it. Plus, youSkyrim is a great addicting game and can take up more than 100 hours of your life exploring the vast open world. There are plenty of mission to keep you occupied. A huge improvement over Oblivion in gameplay and cinematic kills. The reason it got an 8 instead of a 10 is because when Bethseda release there games the all come out with bugs and takes them up to a month to fix it. Plus, you got hundreds of people in the game and only around 6 voice actors. It get a little trying listen to the same voice from different people in the game. the lastest patch has worked out a good amount of bugs. GOTY to me. Expand
  58. Nov 16, 2011
    I've been anticipating the release of Elder Scrolls V for years now. Ever since I played Oblivion, I wanted an expanded version of that amazing adventure. Oblivion was one of my favorite games from this gen, easily getting a 10/10 from me, so of course I wanted a sequal. Finally, we have that sequal, and it's almost as good as anticipated. This game is nothing short of fantastic. For one,I've been anticipating the release of Elder Scrolls V for years now. Ever since I played Oblivion, I wanted an expanded version of that amazing adventure. Oblivion was one of my favorite games from this gen, easily getting a 10/10 from me, so of course I wanted a sequal. Finally, we have that sequal, and it's almost as good as anticipated. This game is nothing short of fantastic. For one, the world is absolutely huge! The world of Elder Scrolls IV was big already, and Skyrim almost tops it. There are more areas to visit this time, and it is just gorgeous. The visuals in this world are far superior to it's predecessor. Often times, I found myself walking through the wilderness and stopping to bare witness to a stunning scenery of mountains, trees, and wildlife. The graphics may not be up to date, but they're good enough for the environments to be nothing short of beautiful. In addition to this large and gorgeous world comes plenty to do. Even after you beat the main story, which only took me a couple of days, you are still overflowed with content that will keep you busy for a while. This game takes to memory on where you've been and what you've done, and uses it to generate new things to do based on your situation and location, ultimately making this game literally endless. Likely chances are, this game will keep you busy for a long time. The combat system is also very well improved, but it also a bit more simplified than Oblivion. In Oblivion, you had to choose between a large number of different jobs, and often times you got confused and didn't know what you wanted to be. But in Skyrim, it's narrowed down to warrior, mage, or thief. This might come as a disappointment to some, but I see it as an improvement, because now you're not limited to just concentrating on major skills, there are more options available to you now. In Oblivion, if you chose thief, you gained XP from using a bow, but not a dagger. In Skyrim, you gain XP from both equally, so you're not just restricted to using one weapon type. I chose to be a thief, and though the blade option was open to me, I chose to make the bow my primary weapon, and mainly used dual daggers for close combat. Yeah that's right, you can dual wield now, and not just weapons either, but spells too. In fact, you can actually wield spells and melee weapons at the same time now, thanks to the new dual wielding feature. Wanna slash and cast lightning at the same time? Go right ahead! But combat has improved beyond just job choice and dual wielding, but upgrading your stats as well. When you level up, you are asked to either increase MP, HP, or Stamina, and you can choose only one per level up. Along with this, you gain an upgrade point, which you can apply to any major or minor skills to learn new abilities. For example, you can use these points to learn a bow ability that allows you to zoom in when aiming. Later on, you can use a point to learn an ability that automatically slows down time when you zoom in with your bow, and later add more damage multipliers to your sneak attacks, which I needed alot, since I am mostly sneaking my way through enemy territory, and quietly sniping any enemies in the way before they notice me. Learning new skills applies to every major skill, all of which are improved over Oblivion. And of course you have the most talked about add on to this game. DRAGONS! Slaying dragons is actually the most fun thing to do in this game. Often times, you'll be traveling out in the field, then suddenly you'll randomly be attacked by a dragon, or maybe you'll see one off in the distance. Thanks to your new dragonborn abilities, slaying dragons will be no problem for you. You have shouts that you can use against them to either slow them down, or hurt them, and using these shouts is a load of fun. You start with a few basic shouts once you kill your first dragon, but you can later find shrines where you can learn new shouts to not only use against dragons, but regular enemies as well. However some dragon types will prove harder than others. Like the blood dragons or skeleton dragons. Watch out for these bastards! Overall, the game is great, but it's not without issues. For one, it's a Bethesda game. What does that mean? Exactly. Bugs, bugs, bugs, and even more annoying bugs, many of which can interfere with progression, especially with the PS3 version. I made the unwise decision of getting it on PS3, and take my word for it, if you have a 360 or PC, get Skyrim on one of those, the PS3 version is mostly broken. Plus, as great as the game is, and as much as it's improved over Oblivion, it still strongly resembles the experience we had with Oblivion, so there's still a feeling of "I played this before" in this game. Skyrim failed to take a big fresh approach to the franchises formula, but does extremely well at expanding on it. Overall, a game that cannot be missed. A 9/10. Expand
  59. Nov 13, 2011
    Amazing. This might be the very best RPG that I've played. I've been playing games since the 80's. Anyone that is giving a negative review for this game is either a massive troll, stupid or insane.
  60. Nov 13, 2011
    I cannot emphasize enough the beauty of the art direction in this game. That being said, I almost wish that Bethesda had waited until the next consoles released in the next few years or had optimized the Creation engine a bit more. When roaming the lush world outside the Creation engine truly shines, but when navigating the countless corridors of dungeons, I just feel like the game looksI cannot emphasize enough the beauty of the art direction in this game. That being said, I almost wish that Bethesda had waited until the next consoles released in the next few years or had optimized the Creation engine a bit more. When roaming the lush world outside the Creation engine truly shines, but when navigating the countless corridors of dungeons, I just feel like the game looks madly outdated. While I don't own a gaming PC, I feel like this was one of those games better left for the next gen of consoles, or should have been a PC exclusive running DX10/11. Running on PS3 I have noticed some frame-rate problems, and for this reason(and a few glitches) Skyrim is just begging for a patch. What Skyrim lacks in texture detail it makes up for with its art design, but enough about graphics. Oh, by the way, the soundtrack is amazing. I've woken up in the morning the last two days with Skyrim tunes in my head. Wonderful

Gameplay is improved since Oblivion, but the use of the VATS type system in combat can be annoying, especially when it goes from first to third person. I dunno, maybe it's just me, but it kind of takes me out immersion a little bit. Casting spells, dual-casting, hand to hand combat, and shouting all work wonderfully together, but some of the character and NPC animation does feel a little bit tired and awkward. Fighting dragons is a blast! Running into enemies with a much higher skill level than myself while exploring however is not. But, the game always gives you an out if you need it. Invisibility spells and Ethereal shouts always get me out of a pinch, and when all else fails, it's nice to know I can blast a Thu'um and bring lightning down from the sky or call on a dragon to aid me in dispatching enemies. The possibilities really are endless in this game. I suppose if there was going to be a sequel to Skyrim I would ask Bethesda to show a little care to the animations and graphics department, and while I love exploring Skyrim by foot, it would also be nice if they gave the option of more horse-back riding throughout the game. Anyways, even though I've a laundry list of improvements for this game, it is stellar, and does so much to draw you in to its world. It;s not perfect by any means, but I'm giving it a 10 based on the sheer excitement and wonder I have while playing it.
  61. Nov 12, 2011
    Bethesda does it again. Every time I play this game it transports me into the vivid world of Skyrim. The new combat system feels amazing. The one thing I would have liked to see is a hardcore mode like they put into New Vegas. I have a strong feeling that is will get the GOTY award. STOP WASTING TIME AND JUST GO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  62. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is a masterpiece! One of the best RPG's ever created, if not the best. I didn't like the Oblivion very much but since the first trailer I just knew that this will be one of my favourites games of all time. The world of Skyrim is just beautiful. There are millions of things to do and many interesting places to explore. It has everything that a good RPG should have plus theThis game is a masterpiece! One of the best RPG's ever created, if not the best. I didn't like the Oblivion very much but since the first trailer I just knew that this will be one of my favourites games of all time. The world of Skyrim is just beautiful. There are millions of things to do and many interesting places to explore. It has everything that a good RPG should have plus the stunning graphics and a beautiful soundtrack. Bethesda created a wonderful masterpiece that won't be forgotten. Clearly, a game of the year. Expand
  63. Nov 14, 2011
    This game is absolutely amazing! I am 30 hours in ( the length of most games) and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface on the brilliant game.
  64. Nov 16, 2011
    this is the most epic game i have ever had the privilege of playing. The npc's,dragons,quests and dungeons there all amazing. the true show stealer however is the world of skyrim. the scale is amazing. you will find yourself wondering aimlessly for hours just to see whats round the next corner. If you don't buy this you need help. SIMPLES!!!!
  65. Nov 15, 2011
    My first review how should i start it?with the negative's or the positive's well i guess will start with the positive's.the opening scene had me instantly drawn in my eyes' were basically glued to the screen.The beautiful scenery i was moving the analog stick left,right,up,and down looking at the world around me.I promise not to do any spoiler's so let's move on to the next positive theMy first review how should i start it?with the negative's or the positive's well i guess will start with the positive's.the opening scene had me instantly drawn in my eyes' were basically glued to the screen.The beautiful scenery i was moving the analog stick left,right,up,and down looking at the world around me.I promise not to do any spoiler's so let's move on to the next positive the design.I found myself spending about 20 min deciding what i wanted to be and how i wanted to look it was very exciting.After my character was done being designed and a few very special moment's that i promised not to ruin i was on my way doing whatever i want which brings me to what i wanted to talk about next the combat.With a sword in my left in a fist full of lighting in right i was on my way into the beautiful world that is skyrim.I ran into a pack of feisty wolves i made quick work of them me taking a might slash with my dagger killing one of the three instantly.pleased with my first kill exploring i switch to the lighting zapping the wolf until it had dies one more wolf i decided then to dual wield lighting holding down the attack button's for both hand's i unleashed a powerful blast between my hand's instantly killing him.Listen i could go on and on and on and on about how much fun i was having.But time for the negative's...here i go basically it is flawless only minor glitches that do not distract from the overall feel of the game.This game is a gem very beautiful you want to treasure it forever you heard it from theinformer go get this game. Expand
  66. Nov 16, 2011
    A masterpiece.

A masterpiece.

The game play (while not perfect) is the best in the series, the new mechanic that lets you equip something in each hand makes for some truly fantastic strategies to slay your enemies (or prevent yourself from being massacred). The graphics have been HUGELY improved since TES IV, but many people are complaining just because the time gap between TES IV and V transcurred in a single generation of consoles, and you just can't expect a difference like say, Morowind vs Oblivion. The landscapes feel way better, with every detail looking like it was placed there, and not generated randomly by an algorithm. I will not spoil anything but every bit of Skyrim is just a marvel (although, I haven't finished the main quest thus far). The only minor disappointment is the lack of any multiplayer component, but seeing how rich this world is I really don't care.

The Elder's Scrolls V: Skyrim, RPG of the year and a serious contender for GoTY
  67. Nov 25, 2011
    WOW alot of people wanna crucify this game due to a few problem. Yes the ps3 version has some bugs for the minorty of players but the vast experience you can have within this game, even before the 6mb problem is huge, it has been said that no two players will experience skyrim the same i believe tha.t i even believe that if i played it from start to finish again it would be a totally newWOW alot of people wanna crucify this game due to a few problem. Yes the ps3 version has some bugs for the minorty of players but the vast experience you can have within this game, even before the 6mb problem is huge, it has been said that no two players will experience skyrim the same i believe tha.t i even believe that if i played it from start to finish again it would be a totally new experience. yes this gme has some bugs , should it of been released like this maybe not but i would rather play it now and wait for the patch then wait 6 months du to a postponed release. Expand
  68. Dec 28, 2011
    After a few more days and a few more levels, level 33 now, problems with game freezing seem to have stopped (after patch?) similar to other users create a new save game each time rather than writing over same one. Also when the system does slow slightly, just back off for a few seconds until everything catches up. Whether it helps or not, store all finds / treasures in cupboards / dressersAfter a few more days and a few more levels, level 33 now, problems with game freezing seem to have stopped (after patch?) similar to other users create a new save game each time rather than writing over same one. Also when the system does slow slightly, just back off for a few seconds until everything catches up. Whether it helps or not, store all finds / treasures in cupboards / dressers etc in Breezeholme, so that not loose in world, previously just used to drop everything on floor outside merchants (ie like in Fallout 3). Still a fantastic experience, seems like still a large amount unexplored, of all the games played this year this one is by far the best experience. Am not going to argue with people posting negatives, but wonder why experience is so variable across the platform?

Uncharted 3 is still in the wrapper, so when bored of Skyrim have something else to move on to...
  69. Jan 19, 2012
    This game is simply broken. The bugs render the game unplayable at parts. The fps drop to nearly zero at different points. For a detailed explanation of why this occurs see digital fondry verus Skyrim lag. I am sad to see this poor of a port in this day and age.
  70. Dec 28, 2011
    I just got this game and it is amazing. The beautiful scenery and the intense combat. I don't know what people are talking about when they say the game is impossible to play because of the lagging. It hasn't lagged once and I have over 40 hours of gameplay. It has only frozen once, but only for a few seconds, then it recovered. The music is amazing and the vast world is fun to explore. TheI just got this game and it is amazing. The beautiful scenery and the intense combat. I don't know what people are talking about when they say the game is impossible to play because of the lagging. It hasn't lagged once and I have over 40 hours of gameplay. It has only frozen once, but only for a few seconds, then it recovered. The music is amazing and the vast world is fun to explore. The story is cool and killing dragons could be any better. Overall, I would recommend this game to everyone. Expand
  71. Dec 29, 2011
    Ok now this is my opinion. Guys don't read the website critics... the userscores are true. Well... it's a good game but... it's like the cheap version of Skyrim.. you know... Battlefield 3 had the same problem. The PC version is the best version. Let's start from the graphics. Mother **** cheap graphics OK. Spiky trees and mud like stones and mountains. There are no need of this kind ofOk now this is my opinion. Guys don't read the website critics... the userscores are true. Well... it's a good game but... it's like the cheap version of Skyrim.. you know... Battlefield 3 had the same problem. The PC version is the best version. Let's start from the graphics. Mother **** cheap graphics OK. Spiky trees and mud like stones and mountains. There are no need of this kind of huge maps jf most of the places reminds about each other. Very cheap graphic on PS3. Gameplay now... every AI feel like they are robots without feelings. They look at you with no emotions when they are giving you quest and all that stuff. And you always do the same thing. Go there and get that for me and kill that man. There are simply no emotions in this game. But the soundtracks are amazing. There are VERY few weapons and spells. You can only get spells like fire, ice and thunder. Then restoration and summon spells. That's all. But at the end I would still give it 8 even if it about a 7 worth. I enjoyed the first 7 hours alot! But that was because it felt realistic. But after knowing the true experience of this game it looked VERY cheap. But still I recommend it even though it's going to be ... borin a little because of the cheap graphic styles and lack of emotions on Ai's. But sitll this is... you know it could be much better. There are some things that this game is good at and some things it's VERY bad at. It's actually a good game. But it's doing some stupid things which it isn't supposed to do. They should never release this game on PS3 and Xbox 360, but still I won't say I didn't enjoy it. Everyone should try this game out. It's maybe not the best game, but you still have to try it out somehow. Expand
  72. Dec 6, 2011
    I Love it how some nerd got completely angered by this game that he bothered to create tens of profiles with different names just to rag on this game. Honestly, did you not think it suspcious that every one of your posts is rated 0 and was enetered on the 5th of december? I mean really if you have nothing better to do than sit at home making fake names, you really need to take a look atI Love it how some nerd got completely angered by this game that he bothered to create tens of profiles with different names just to rag on this game. Honestly, did you not think it suspcious that every one of your posts is rated 0 and was enetered on the 5th of december? I mean really if you have nothing better to do than sit at home making fake names, you really need to take a look at your life. Skyrim is an excellent game, glitches aside this game it definately a contender for game of the year. Expand
  73. Dec 9, 2011
    THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED!!! Yes it has bugs, and it can be frustrating. BUT that is expected in a game of this calibre. Play for a few hours and you will be immersed in this game like you never thought possible. The massive world provides variety in creatures, towns and dungeons. Don't let a bugs ruin this magnificent masterpiece. BUY IT!!!!
  74. Dec 1, 2011
    Never has a game captured my attention like Skyrim has. After a brief introduction the game unleashes you into a massive world where you are free to roam about and explore till your hearts content. There are plenty of towns, landscapes and dungeons to visit. All full of NPCs who always have something interesting to say, which usually results in sending you off on a new quest to fulfill.Never has a game captured my attention like Skyrim has. After a brief introduction the game unleashes you into a massive world where you are free to roam about and explore till your hearts content. There are plenty of towns, landscapes and dungeons to visit. All full of NPCs who always have something interesting to say, which usually results in sending you off on a new quest to fulfill. None of the quests I've encountered had any time constraints so you are free to tackle your long to-do list as leisurely as you desire. The leveling system is very dynamic and the game adapts to each players own style, in addition to this, enemies scale to your level so there is no need to level-grind, making the game always challenging but never overbearing. With so many things to do and see you will never be bored in the beautiful world of Skyrim. Expand
  75. Nov 14, 2011
    READ THIS PLEASE.
    READ THIS PLEASE.
    This is not supposed to be a review because we all know how good the game is. This is a response to all negative reviews out there. Obviously negative and mixed reviews are the outcome of comparison syndrome, lack of fantasy, ps3 version ( medium graphics, bad framerate - performance ) or bad pc specifications ( which result in poor graphics - performance ). I like fantasy games and since i started Skyrim i still cannot believe the amount of graphical and gameplay immersion i get out of this game (i own a good pc which runs the game at 1080p, ultra high @ 60+ fps). Music? Effects? Dialogues? Story(ies)? Clans? Enormous terrain? Unlimited freedom? Dragons? Spells? Epic battles? Finishing moves? Beautiful landscapes? Mounts? Houses? Marriage? Followers? Thousands of items? 150+ hand crafted dungeons? Alchemy? Smithing? Cooking? Working? Do you really want me to continue to name more? Because i can! Yeah as some people say, bethesda didn't create something new...Lame trolls. If you are a gamer just do yourself this present magnificent present and install, play it, love it.
  76. Nov 20, 2011
    This game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in theThis game has endless content, gorgeous graphics, unscripted dragons, over a hundred spells, dual wielding, a giant map that extends forever, live characters, people that react to every last thing you do. (Ex I had fire spell in my hand, little girl says it's bad to play with fire mister, or I had a dragon sword in my hand, little boy said I like you're sword sir. or I drop stuff in the streets and people fight over it, trying to take it)

Endless quests, epic weapons, amazing music, many places to live, get married, tons of factions, kill animations, crafting, alchemy, enchanting, smelting, mining, wood chopping, tanning, smelting, sharpening, the world is so beyond alive it's crazy. Everything is so amazing, it's the most beautiful hand crafted world I have ever seen. Skyrim is nothing short of a master piece, and Bethesda earns every amount of praise they get. Game of the year, best game of all time.
  77. Nov 17, 2011
    This game is GREAT. I have bought all the Elder Scrolls to date and this one by far has the most polish and personality into it's game design. I also saw quite a few changes for the better from the Fallout 3 games. These make it a much clearer vision. The sheer amount of content here is amazing, I sunk 20 hours over a weekend playing this game and i loved every minute of it. If any haveThis game is GREAT. I have bought all the Elder Scrolls to date and this one by far has the most polish and personality into it's game design. I also saw quite a few changes for the better from the Fallout 3 games. These make it a much clearer vision. The sheer amount of content here is amazing, I sunk 20 hours over a weekend playing this game and i loved every minute of it. If any have gripes with the Xbox 360 texture problems have no worries, Bethesda will fix it very soon. I have every confidence that you will love this masterpiece. 5 stars out of 5. Expand
  78. Nov 21, 2011
    My only major complaint is the very poor UI design for managing inventory.

But otherwise it is an incredibly open world where it seems like everything is possible. The PS3 controls take a bit to get used to, but the gameplay is incredible. For anyone that has any interest in RPGs, it is an excellent addition to the genre.
  79. Nov 21, 2011
    Games like this are the reason I became a gamer. This is video game perfection in every sense of the word. Props to Bethesda for not selling out and adding a garbage multiplayer mode. It's simply not needed. You pay $60, and get a game with literally 1000+ hours of content. Sorry all you little losers who need to rank up every 30 seconds to find joy in a game - this isn't for you.Games like this are the reason I became a gamer. This is video game perfection in every sense of the word. Props to Bethesda for not selling out and adding a garbage multiplayer mode. It's simply not needed. You pay $60, and get a game with literally 1000+ hours of content. Sorry all you little losers who need to rank up every 30 seconds to find joy in a game - this isn't for you. But any true gamer will appreciate this masterpiece. Expand
  80. Dec 6, 2011
    This game is amazing. I've put well over 60 hours into it, which equates to more than an hour of game time per dollar. That's a lot of value when you consider the 10-20 hours that most games give. And to top it off, I'm no where near finished with the game.

The game is beautiful, the music is beautiful, and the game play is a blast. I pre-ordered this game and brought it home at

The game is beautiful, the music is beautiful, and the game play is a blast.

I pre-ordered this game and brought it home at midnight, and haven't regretted it once, well, except for all the time I've put into it that I could have been doing school work.
  81. Dec 11, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. To all of the 0's, you don't write reviews on bugs or glitches. You write about how the game-play, story, combat, etc. is and how the game is supposed to be played. Also, 1.2 removed the lag and soon the resistances will be fixed. Anyways, Skyrim is the best Elder Scrolls game yet. This is utterly amazing due to the fact that Morrowind held this title for 9 years due to the size and story. Skyrim leads you on a quest as the Dovahkiin, a person born with the soul of a dragon. This gives you the ability to learn Words of Power by absorbing the souls of dragons. As all the previous Elder Scrolls games, you can avoid the story completely, but you won't learn some of the words of power. The Daedric quests have been improved also. Instead of just going to the Shrine of a Daedric Prince and getting a quest like in Oblivion, some of them will start by entering a certain location or talking to a certain person. Back to the shouts. They intertwine with combat so well that you can be deep in a fight and use a shout to turn the tide of the battle. It doesn't feel out of place or overpowering, as they have to recharge on set amounts of time based on strength. To keep balance, Bethesda included enemies that can wield the Voice too. The story also includes game changing moments. If you join the Civil War, you can change the guards at each city based on who you joined. The factions make a return with the Thieves Guild in Riften, the Companions in Whiterun who are the new Fighters Guild, the College of Winterhold in Winterhold who take the place of the Mages Guild, and the Dark Brotherhood who are much more complicated to join than last time. Each of these have a unique story that adds to the experience and feels like it fits. Combat has a nice flow to it now, including execution style slow-motion attacks and decapitations with certain perks. The perks add a new level of experience to the game allowing you to create a mage, a soldier, a thief, an assassin, etc. You can go up to a maximum level of 81, with a soft-cap of 50. To reach 81, all skills must be 100, creating one of the most epic of challenges to accomplish. Each race feels unique within the game, except the Argonians abilities are not as useful as they used to be, as there are very few reasons or places to go underwater, but their resistance to poison and disease are useful. As one last reminder, the game has a patch and has become the ultimate PS3 game. For any problems with the game, there will always be patches, and the reason for so many bugs is the size of the game. The map is massive and so beautifully detailed that they wouldn't ever be able to catch every single problem with the game. The PC version was bugged and is now fixed. The X-Box version was bugged and is no fixed. The PS3 version was bugged and is now fixed. Fix the 0's and give this game the credit it deserves. Expand
  82. Nov 12, 2011
    Early thoughts (the game just came out yesterday after all, just started it today): fantastic game. The interface is much cleaner and improved, the intro was much better than IV (but I've played that 10x...so maybe that should be factored in) and the graphics are gorgeous. I had the game paused at one point and the shot looked like it could have been a photo or a painting. I'm alreadyEarly thoughts (the game just came out yesterday after all, just started it today): fantastic game. The interface is much cleaner and improved, the intro was much better than IV (but I've played that 10x...so maybe that should be factored in) and the graphics are gorgeous. I had the game paused at one point and the shot looked like it could have been a photo or a painting. I'm already feeling overwhelmed by the depth of the game, and I'm still in the starting town: happy adventures everyone! Game gets a 9 because I still feel like more could have been done to streamline the interface: still has a bit of the console aftertaste. Honestly, though, this is as good as it gets for single player RPGs: nobody touches Bethesda's craft. Expand
  83. Dec 14, 2011
    Simply amazing game......yes it suffers some lag, I have had to turn off auto save, a simple fix that has worked for me, it's sad to see tat ps3 owners are still having issues, but developers have had issues with the memory layout of the ps3. But you can't argue that this game is special, a living, breathing, beauty. It's magical in all the feeling you get when scaling the snowy, windSimply amazing game......yes it suffers some lag, I have had to turn off auto save, a simple fix that has worked for me, it's sad to see tat ps3 owners are still having issues, but developers have had issues with the memory layout of the ps3. But you can't argue that this game is special, a living, breathing, beauty. It's magical in all the feeling you get when scaling the snowy, wind swept mountains, sword and shield beaten with battle scars, deers, rabbits, prancing across with grace, and before long dark entrances to tombs, mines, and remnants of old. The characters are very detailed, and interesting, and in the dark towns, and houses glow with serenity. The game is ripe with flavour, and choices are plentifull, the levelling up system breathes new life, allowing you to channel your skills with great pace. Expand
  84. Dec 7, 2011
    Loving the Elder scrolls world and how large the game is, however, getting a console port is a pain especially considering how easy it would be to redesign the menus for the PC. Even the menu layout is crap for consoles, its slow, tedious and inefficient. Besides that the exploration is fantastic, and while combat is a bit of a bore, its immersive and engaging. I take heart know that modsLoving the Elder scrolls world and how large the game is, however, getting a console port is a pain especially considering how easy it would be to redesign the menus for the PC. Even the menu layout is crap for consoles, its slow, tedious and inefficient. Besides that the exploration is fantastic, and while combat is a bit of a bore, its immersive and engaging. I take heart know that mods will fix everything, feel bad for the console peasants Expand
  85. Dec 29, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is considered a legend in the world and we need more like this game on ps3 and xbox 360 and pc !!
    waaooooooooooo best game RPG
    waaooooooooooo best game RPG
  86. Dec 31, 2011
    Yes I was one of those people who got hit by the horrible crippling lag that comes with playing this game for a great length of time. It's truly sad because this game would easily be the game of the year if those bugs weren't in the game but I truly believe you need to take something like this into account when you make a decision like that. I actually traded this version in for the 360Yes I was one of those people who got hit by the horrible crippling lag that comes with playing this game for a great length of time. It's truly sad because this game would easily be the game of the year if those bugs weren't in the game but I truly believe you need to take something like this into account when you make a decision like that. I actually traded this version in for the 360 one because I wanted to get the full experience out this game and not have to pick and choose what I want to do before the game's crippling lag keeps me from continuing. So a word of advice for anyone planning to buy this game: DO NOT BUY IT ON THE PS3!!!! If I can convey anything to anyone with this review it would be that. Stay very far away from this version and get another one. You won't regret it. Expand
  87. Jan 29, 2012
    critics need to start being held accountable for giving great reviews on absolute broken piece of **** wasted my time with this game and my money thanks to the critics, this came doesnt deserve a score of 100 ever!!!!
  88. Nov 12, 2011
    ............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................The best adventure game ever made.
  89. Dec 21, 2011
    To the idiot who creates hundreds of user accounts and then posts his 0 rating. Please be a little more creative. Each and every review sounds exactly the same. Glitches, stuttering, broken, ok, yea we got it. I'm sure your proud of yourself that you have completly skewed the rating. You also have way too much time on your hands. Get a life! Oh and by the way, I give Skyrim a 9 rather thanTo the idiot who creates hundreds of user accounts and then posts his 0 rating. Please be a little more creative. Each and every review sounds exactly the same. Glitches, stuttering, broken, ok, yea we got it. I'm sure your proud of yourself that you have completly skewed the rating. You also have way too much time on your hands. Get a life! Oh and by the way, I give Skyrim a 9 rather than a 10 because if the stuttering. Unlike the idiot who sits around all day creating new names I appreciate all the positives the game has to offer. Expand
  90. Dec 5, 2011
    An amazing, open world, game to get lost in. Which unfortunately like every Bethesda games before is plagued with bugs that keep it from being a perfect 10. But, still an incredible RPG that will keep you engaged for hours on end.
  91. Dec 8, 2011
    Spectacular game. Everyhting about it is awesome, after getting my third dragon shout the game got even better. Good job bethesda, keep up the good work and hopefully make a really good DLC for this game because im definitely getting it :)
  92. Dec 5, 2011
    Amazing game!!! Don't listen to the haters. Great performance and amazing graphics. Simply the best RPG available on the PS3. It seriously doesn't get better than this. You will be lost in the game for hours on end.
  93. Nov 12, 2011
    To me this game is the pinnacle of RPG gaming this generation. Everything about it is above and beyond what was great about Oblivion and Morrowind. For the people concerned that the new "streamlining" has removed RPG depth, I can say that I didn't experience that at all. The leveling and perk systems are deep and varied and have significant effects on gameplay- much more so than some ofTo me this game is the pinnacle of RPG gaming this generation. Everything about it is above and beyond what was great about Oblivion and Morrowind. For the people concerned that the new "streamlining" has removed RPG depth, I can say that I didn't experience that at all. The leveling and perk systems are deep and varied and have significant effects on gameplay- much more so than some of the aspects of leveling in Oblivion. If you are a PC gamer you will no doubt be waiting anxiously for mods to alter the user interface, but if that's the case leave your bad reviews for the PC version. For the consoles, the menu scheme is terrific and a HUGE improvement over Oblivion. The game is huge, it's as beautiful as it can possibly be using the old console hardware, the quests are varied and much more fleshed out than in Oblivion. Easily a 10/10 and my choice for Game of the Year for 2011. Expand
  94. Nov 12, 2011
    This game is fan-fuggin-tastic! If you love the series and or Bethesda RPG games you will definitely love this game! This game is better than expected. All the negative reviews I have read so far are about minor little things that people have blown out of proportion. Some glitches do exist but as a gamer I accept these and sometimes have fun with them (like the flying in the air one,This game is fan-fuggin-tastic! If you love the series and or Bethesda RPG games you will definitely love this game! This game is better than expected. All the negative reviews I have read so far are about minor little things that people have blown out of proportion. Some glitches do exist but as a gamer I accept these and sometimes have fun with them (like the flying in the air one, that's just funny and kinda cool the view you get!) Others like freezing and texture issues are minor. I had the game freeze in the opening sequence, but I restarted and it has worked great ever since. I didn't let a minor occurrence ruin anything that this wonderful game has to offer. The graphics aren't the best in the biz but the best in the series. The lighting is finally quite gorgeous for the series and adds a visual bonus (some shadows!). Combat is actually quite good and fun. Duel wielding isn't as polished as say bioshock but I have never thought it was broken or awful. The menu took a bit to get used to but now I am popping in and out of it on the fly and using the favorites like none other. The locations are fantastic and the story is great. This is one of the best games out there to date and if you skip over this title you are missing a huge experience that surprises you around every mountain peak. So I say go buy this game (rent only if you can keep for a month minimum) and enjoy it, play it and experience it. Don't cry that your game froze once and a single texture was blurry or not loaded. Because all games have issues and this one is no different. So overall it's not perfect in every possible way but it is still 99% there. so i give the game a 9.9 since it isn't perfect. But that rounds up to 10. so 10/10 because I am having too much fun playing Skyrim instead of whining over minor annoyances. That's all, I can't wait to get back into it after writing this. Expand
  95. Dec 6, 2011
    This game lags but as I write this the serious issues have been patched, even before they werent serious. This game is absolutly beautiful and you owe it to yourself to play it
  96. Dec 12, 2011
    Skyrim is a Great Game! But it suffers from Random Frame Rate drops & Possibly will freeze on you. But It's not a Deal breaker. Game is great i recommend it but can't give it higher then a 7
  97. Dec 7, 2011
    I am about 75 hours in with a 12 MB save file. I've had frame rate issues, crashing, PS3 freezes to the point you have to unplug. Things have gotten much better since I turned off ALL the auto save functions. I would advise doing the same if you want to continue. Still experience frame rate issues from time to time but not nearly as bad as it was when I was finishing the main quest, whichI am about 75 hours in with a 12 MB save file. I've had frame rate issues, crashing, PS3 freezes to the point you have to unplug. Things have gotten much better since I turned off ALL the auto save functions. I would advise doing the same if you want to continue. Still experience frame rate issues from time to time but not nearly as bad as it was when I was finishing the main quest, which ironically was a little too short considering how much content there is in the overall game. Unfortunately I'm addicted to this game and wish a final solution would come out from Bethesda. Actually thought about buying the game on Xbox and starting over , but I don't want to reward a company that just stuck it to me with this great yet frustrating game. They should not have shipped the game knowing it was this buggy on PS3, or delayed the PS3 rollout. For you PS3 folks turn off the auto-save. I have not crashed since doing this, just experience minor frame rate issues after fast traveling a long distance. Expand
  98. Dec 10, 2011
    This is the most awesome game in the world!
    It doesnot matter for what plataform you buy it, you will get the most amazing experencie in video games of all the time.
    And for all those people who complain about the PS3 bugs and glitches, just turn autosave off. It really worked for me!
  99. Dec 20, 2011
    Sure it has bugs, but I cannot conceive of a game with 67,000+ square MILES of explorable terrain that wouldn't. The game is seemingly endless in possibilities; the graphics, sound, gameplay, and combat are unparalleled. This is truly one of the greatest games of all time. Anyone who complains about the bugs is looking for something to be wrong. They do not greatly impact the game atSure it has bugs, but I cannot conceive of a game with 67,000+ square MILES of explorable terrain that wouldn't. The game is seemingly endless in possibilities; the graphics, sound, gameplay, and combat are unparalleled. This is truly one of the greatest games of all time. Anyone who complains about the bugs is looking for something to be wrong. They do not greatly impact the game at any point that I have seen (and I've had the game since release.) If you can overlook a few minor glitches, most of which do not even affect you anyway, this is by far the best RPG I have ever played. Expand
  100. Dec 8, 2011
    I have not experienced any of the issues shown below, maybe i am one of the lucky ones. The game is very long and will keep you occupied for a long time the interface has significantly been improved from the previous oblivion game and the leveling up system is really addictive, Great variety of creatures and animals to hunt and fight, it can be quiet eery at night when you here all theI have not experienced any of the issues shown below, maybe i am one of the lucky ones. The game is very long and will keep you occupied for a long time the interface has significantly been improved from the previous oblivion game and the leveling up system is really addictive, Great variety of creatures and animals to hunt and fight, it can be quiet eery at night when you here all the creatures groaning and growling and you don't know where they are i have certainly pooped my pants at several occasions, Graphics look good from a distance but when you get up close all is revealed, textures are blurry and low res, great looking world though, mountains and hills that can be seen and explored, every thing you see can be explored basically. Buy this game but perhaps wait until they release another patch you might not be as lucky as me. Expand

1. This is a game full of emotions for gamers who are willing to embrace it. A beautiful fantasy land that makes loading times a thing of the past and is full of surprises. Not only do you get a lot of variety in the locations, the gameplay offers a lot of different experiences as well. [December 2011, p.66]
  2. Dec 28, 2011
    I enjoyed Skyrim and I look forward to the DLC that we know is inevitably coming. If we looked at this honestly, though, this game probably should have been pushed back a month or so for more polish. It needed it and it still does.
  3. Skyrim is a gorgeous production that truly does justice to the words "roleplaying game." It doesn't just tell us a story, it gives us the chance to tell a story of our own. At its best, that's what an interactive art form should be all about. [Jan 2011, p.73]