7.9

1. Feb 22, 2012
    loved this game on the Wii and love it even more on the ps3 with the ps move and in 3d and lots more new stuff. we now have 2 new wepons and 2 new levels and 2 new game modes . i played this at a friends house in 3D and was just wowed by it and this was my deciding factor on buying a 3D TV . its just insane having zombies rush you in 3d and the game does it amazingly well and makes great use of the 3d effect. this is also one of the best rail shooters ive ever played .i was just crazy addicted to this game for a month and when i get my 3d tv i will be playing this game abunch more again. the story and voice acting is fantastic and is very on par with robert rodriguises grind hosue movie Planet of Terror. sega has now upgraded this game to HD as well and it looks much better plus some of the bosses are abit more of a challange now . this is how you make a already great game even better . i can only hope they make House of the Dead game for the PS3 now. Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2011
    Lots of zombie-blasting fun, but make sure you use the Move controller with a gun attatchment, because the controller by it self kind of sucks. I personally use the Sharpshooter and it's great. The dual shock isn't even worth trying in a game like this.
  3. Mar 5, 2012
    Was very dissapointed. Graphics looked about the same as the original house of the dead on the dreamcast. Half of the time you can't even tell if you shot them because there is no animation that shows if you hit the zombie or not. So bad its almost good.
  4. Nov 6, 2011
    An easy game to drop into with great fun potential with a couple of players with the move addition. Unfortunately, numerous attempts with the sharpshooter in different positions had me requiring to re-calibrate incredibly frequently or just stop trying to aim and start just moving the cross hairs.

The mini-game addons are small and short, nothing that special there, but directors cut,
    weapon upgrades and collectibles give this some extra lifespan for a bit of a fun game. Both the old-fashioned (red-blue glasses) and modern 3d are interesting, however for non-3d screens I preferred the standard 2d.

This would be a 9/10 based on fun if it were reduced to ~£20 and they sorted out calibration issues, however I'm assuming that the developers will not do any updates to this, despite numerous other reviews stating the same calibration issue.
  5. May 10, 2012
    I picked this up the same day as I picked up the PS3 extended version of No More Heroes, for a two course serving of Wii's most compelling titles. The consensus? Wii games are freaking weird. Granted, maybe Overkill and No More Heroes weren't the best test group for standard gaming formulas as both seem to go out of their way to drag you, kicking and screaming, from the world you knew and into, well, their world. As a long time fan of the House of the Dead franchise I wasn't on board with the sudden shift in direction, what with the humour and bullet curtain gameplay. But I'll be the first to admit that I really enjoyed this game. Yeah it doesn't look fantastic and not every joke will hit the mark but that is aside the point. It loses out to No More Heroes for the best comedy award, sorry but Suda51 just seems to have punched my ticket, but that didn't make Overkill anything less than what it is; one of the most enjoyable games I've played in recent years. Combined with No More Heroes, Overkill offers a tough and winning argument as to why you should own a Playstation Move. Now, anyone else hoping for a Director's Cut of MadWorld on PS3 or is it just me? Expand
  6. Aug 15, 2012
    A blast of a game, anyone can play it, anyone can enjoy it, The 3D can make it a little hard in 2 player mode (only cyan 3D is affected negatively), other then that no complaints..
    the dialogue is funny, the characters are likable, and the story is 100% predictable, pick it up, grab friend and enjoy a few fun filled hours of zombie killin nonsense..
  7. Jun 22, 2013
    Well, some things will justificate this 8. This game may not be the best zombie shooting game but it is one of the best move games i played, and why? Because it is fun, has multiplayer split screen and a lot of achivements and extras in this game.
    I would give a 7 but because of the 3D and the split screen it turned out great.
    This game is funny and creepy, other aspects that made me
    give this 8 to the pointless but laugh a lot plot.
    Don't try to play this will your dualshock controller, it's just useless.
  8. Nov 19, 2013
    Messed up and in need of soap down the mouth but this game is so much fun the swearing adds to the grindhouse feel. Well recommended even if you only have the standard PS3 controller.
  9. Jan 11, 2014
    One of the bests games in the serie for me Sega need to release a continuation of this series I also enjoyed and may have a strong connection with others in the series mostly good humor of our Agent Washington haha.

1. Has its tongue so far in its cheek its poking through to the other side. [Dec 2011, p82]
  2. Jan 9, 2012
    Not the greatest lightgun game we've ever played, but an amusing and suitably impressive shrine to bad taste. [Jan 2012, p.103]
  3. If you played Dead Space: Extraction, you know what to expect here. Just add some Hilbilly music and women with ridiculously big breasts and you've got the picture. A nice tribute to B movies that ends up being a B game. [Nov 2011, p.76]