7.9

1. Dec 13, 2016
    I love this game. I know it's not for everyone. But i find it really refreshing. I think it's even better than ICO. I think i'll replay that one again. For all the people complaining about the graphics, what are you talking about? it's beautiful! I'm playing on PS4 Pro...so my framerate only dipped twice in 13 hours. Hopefully a patch could smooth that out for standard PS4. But thisI love this game. I know it's not for everyone. But i find it really refreshing. I think it's even better than ICO. I think i'll replay that one again. For all the people complaining about the graphics, what are you talking about? it's beautiful! I'm playing on PS4 Pro...so my framerate only dipped twice in 13 hours. Hopefully a patch could smooth that out for standard PS4. But this game also isn't Call of Duty, frame rate is less important. Since it doesn't affect gameplay to me, it doesn't affect the score. Trico is the most impressive videogame character i've ever seen. Expand
  2. Dec 11, 2016
    I think this game is a revelation. There are a problem with the cam in small space, but the rest is incredible. I love It.The puzzles are well made and the emotional charge in the last part is to strong. During the adventure you create a feeling with Trico and grows more and more. This game isnt for all videogamer but Ico and Shadow of the Colossus gamer have no problem to buy it.
  3. Dec 13, 2016
    Imprescindible para cualquier persona... creo que todo el mundo debería jugar a este juego, niños y mayores solos o acompañados las mecánicas son oldskool y los puzzles están perfectamente implementados.
  4. Dec 11, 2016
    Just finished it. Astonishing and best game I've played this year. I was expecting to be frustrated by Trico's AI based on what I'd heard but other than getting stuck at one point (which wasn't due to Trico rather my getting a puzzle wrong) I had no issues. Trico is the most astonishing game creation I've ever witnessed. If you have a bit of soul you'll love this. Highly recommended.
  5. Dec 13, 2016
    Es un juego que con todos sus defectos (cámara, FPS bajos, movimiento del personaje) no deja de respirar magia por donde se le mire, es épico, colosal, transmite emoción, cuanto le agradezco a este juego por no dejar apagar la llama de la magia en esta cada vez mas genérica industria del vídeo juego.
    No dejarse influenciar por los que eructan a vinagre, simplemente hay que darle la oportunidad y desbordar toda la mística que el contiene.
  6. Dec 12, 2016
    It seems that the reception to this game is all or nothing. If you want to mindlessly hack and slash your way through enemies for hours, or play 20 rounds of team deathmatch in a row, this is probably not your game.

If you want to play a game that is masterfully artistic, beautiful, emotional, and requires patience and critical thinking skills, this game certainly provides. As a huge Shadow of the Colossus fan, I knew what to expect in terms of art style and game mechanics. This really does feel like an instant classic like the other team ICO games. The dungeon-esque puzzle sections are broken up with jaw dropping vistas and heart stopping moments, and after a few hours, you really start to feel a part of the world of team ICO. My ONLY complaint is that the framerate does dip in certain scenes, but after playing for five minutes, I am too immersed to even notice.
  7. Dec 6, 2016
    Story - I dont want to spoil things, but i can assure you. The story is Amazing. In summary, You are just a mysterious boy who wound up in an unknown place together with a creature the boy named trico. Its whole campaign is both of you trying to escape together in that place while also learning the secrets behind it. What i really loved in this game is the growing chemistry andStory - I dont want to spoil things, but i can assure you. The story is Amazing. In summary, You are just a mysterious boy who wound up in an unknown place together with a creature the boy named trico. Its whole campaign is both of you trying to escape together in that place while also learning the secrets behind it. What i really loved in this game is the growing chemistry and relationship of the two characters, at start, trico is really hard to pet or order and sometimes aggressive to you. But soon in the game, he will act like a pet who is always looking for his owner and will do everything for him. regardless it is an awesome experience. 10/10 for these part

Graphics - Environment-wise, the game is beautiful though sometimes too bright. the frame rates is good in the PS4 Pro but struggles to be maintained in the standard PS4. However, everything is detailed, from the grass to the buildings and large posts and how everything crumbles in timed puzzles or etc. A very very pretty game to see. However, my biggest problem in the game is the animation of the main boy character, he is really out of place, i know they want the game to be artistic, but everything looks realistic from the environment to the creature Trico and suddenly you have a boy which is like a character made in the low graphics mode in the PS3. Sorry, cant really avoid that. A score of 8/10 will do.

Gameplay - Now i see everyone hating on this part. But the devs already said before that it is bot for everyone. Why??? Because IF YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED HAVING A PET IN YOUR LIFE THEN YOU WILL BE FRUSTRATED AND IMPATIENT TO TRICO. As for me, who had a pet dog. I really am amazed how realistic Trico is as an animal or pet. He is slow to react at first, easily distracted, easily scared of that weird rainbow like signs and his reaction when hungry, hurt or worried about you is spot on. I really am grown to love Trico. As for the negatives, the controls are clunky, the camera is bad esp at small place which adds unneeded difficulty in the game and how easy the puzzles are even though they are not giving much hint to you in game. A good 8/10 for me in this aspect.

Music - Well, the soothing style of instruments playing when you are in a pretty place, exploring, etc. is really spot on. The music is beautiful, it is slow, mellow and really soothes your soul in a sense that you wont be scared to what lies ahead of you. Though could have wanted more music int he game cause everything is identical to the other. A score of 9/10 for me.

Total Overall = 8.75 (will be rounded to 9)

As a game which used a total of 7 years to developed (those who has no idea or never followed the game think it is 10 years) and IS MEANT TO BE A PS3 GAME and NOT ON PS2 (Sorry, need to educate some low IQ people) I am relieved and happy that they made a very good game like this, yes it has some problems but ICO and Shadow of Colossus the same had ones. So far, just the same with the previous two games team ico has made, this game has gave me a really memorable story and would not have second doubts to replay is again and again. I am really happy that these game is out here and as a long time follower to this game i am now able to enjoy and play. Atleast now we can all move on to the development hell everyone suffered and i am wishing team ico good luck for the game next game they are doing. Thanks. That is all.
  8. Dec 11, 2016
    one of the best games that could satisfy the expectations
    worthed every penny for it
    just loved it till the end
    and i believe 84 is not what this game deserve from critics
  9. Dec 11, 2016
    Breathtaking. Beautiful. Ethereal. Emotive. Consistent. Fantastic. Mythical. Wondrous. Authentic. Emphatic. Immersive. Engaging.

Just a few words that reflect my experience of traversing through The Last Guardian. A genuine empathetic experience like no other - seriously.

A crowning achievement in vision, design and execution.
  10. Dec 11, 2016
    Just finished it today. This game is such an amazing experience...The story and soundtracks are lovely. By the end of the game, the bond between you(player) and Trico is real. No game can ever make me feel emotionally attached to an animal, but this game has done it with ease. It has many flaws such as frame rate and other performance issues, but the pros are so outstanding that itJust finished it today. This game is such an amazing experience...The story and soundtracks are lovely. By the end of the game, the bond between you(player) and Trico is real. No game can ever make me feel emotionally attached to an animal, but this game has done it with ease. It has many flaws such as frame rate and other performance issues, but the pros are so outstanding that it outweigh all the cons. Expand
  11. Dec 7, 2016
    It's an amazing game with an amazing story. If you like face paced Call of duty games you won't like this game.

This game is about the story, about emotion and about your friendsship with Trico. A must have for fans of the genre. It's funny to see all those Xbots giving this game 1 score, because they are jealous. They only see a new Forza, Halo and gears every now and then, no

12. Dec 9, 2016
    So many negative reviews on this game on metacritics, and i don't get it. I've played Shadow of the Colossus and ico, these where the best games I've ever played. The thing is with this game, it gives you the feeling you are in a strange world and all those buildings with there unique style had some purpose once, this game let's you believe this, and yes the controls are not perfect, butSo many negative reviews on this game on metacritics, and i don't get it. I've played Shadow of the Colossus and ico, these where the best games I've ever played. The thing is with this game, it gives you the feeling you are in a strange world and all those buildings with there unique style had some purpose once, this game let's you believe this, and yes the controls are not perfect, but then again, it's sort of the natural feeling that all these games have. The camera is annoying, but maybe they can fix this in a patch sooner or later. And the beast won't always do what you say, but then again, petting him and then give orders works better... I think it's genius! So i give this game a deserved 9 out of 10.

Regards,
    Thijs
  13. Dec 6, 2016
    Este juego me hizo sentir otra vez, regresándome humanidad, si bien para algunos “niños” se sienta “arcaico” ese es el mismo esquema de juego de las anteriores entregas, pero para quien ya las jugó estará en casa, la relación con Trico es increíble, puede que te desespere un poco pero es normal, porque ese era el objetivo, hacerlo algo independiente a tu control, y por ende que se formaraEste juego me hizo sentir otra vez, regresándome humanidad, si bien para algunos “niños” se sienta “arcaico” ese es el mismo esquema de juego de las anteriores entregas, pero para quien ya las jugó estará en casa, la relación con Trico es increíble, puede que te desespere un poco pero es normal, porque ese era el objetivo, hacerlo algo independiente a tu control, y por ende que se formara un vinculo, si me preguntan si valió la pena la espera… en mi particular punto de vista diré- “Cada maldito segundo” Expand
  14. Dec 6, 2016
    Excelent, it is diferent, not stupid violence. If i could describe in one word this game, I would say "ART". If you want a call of duty or Gears of war, this is not your game. Recomiendo totalmente el juego.
  15. Dec 6, 2016
    How sweet is trico. The game is not "so terrible" as some people is saying. Totaly worth it. Strongly recomended for ico and shadow of the colossus fans.
  16. Dec 8, 2016
    Emotional masterpiece. Reminded me of the emotion I felt playing Journey, but this had a lot more emotion in it. I would say I WAS attached to Trico, but in reality, I still am. Japan Studios, I applaud you. The gameplay was fun and got more complex the further in you got. The fluidity of the game and the interactions with Trico really made the game what it is: a game to remember.
  17. Dec 7, 2016
    First things first, the animations in this game are the best I've ever seen in a videogame.
    Some people consider "graphics" the still frames, rendering and lights only. In reality, the animations in this game bring it in the realm of excellence. If you are a fan of great animations, this game should not be missed.
    As for the game as a whole, this is an experience you should not miss in

As for the game as a whole, this is an experience you should not miss in my opinion.
  18. Dec 12, 2016
    The Last Guardian is truly an amazing game about friendship and kindness. It is not perfect, but pretty close.

I can only name two weaknesses of this game: controls and camera. Controls are cumbersome and at rare times nearly drive you mad. The camera acts in unexpected ways from time to time and in certain conditions it may be irritating (for example, on the back of Trico in very small room).

The Last Guardian fortunately has a lot of advantages. The story and narration are interesting and the game is full of surprises and twists you won't expect. The bond you create with main characters is unheard of and keeps you thinking about the game after you finish it. Trico is convincing and you really care for him.

Level design is just amazing - nearly everything you see is a place you'll eventually visit later on. The route you should take is not always obvious but it gives a feeling of satisfaction once you figure it out. Soundtrack is stunning and compliments the game perfectly, just as the animations and cutscenes.

It's also worth mentioning that this game is quite difficult. Some puzzles are not so obvious and take a few minutes to figure out. You also don't give commands to Trico but rather give it hints. It's an AI and it doesn't always understand what you want just like animal would in real life. If you pet it and give clear clues, it will do what you wish. Later on you get used to that and giving commands to Trico becomes very easy.

It took me about 11-12h to finish The Last Guardian. I have to say that it had only quality content and no filler. The ending was truly satisfying - just wait for credits to roll, the real ending is after them. It certainly isn't a game for impatient or action-oriented players. It's about immersing yourself and caring about lead characters. I will certainly replay it many times.

I think that game should score about 8/10 just because of controls and camera. However I loved it so much and think about it a lot after playing it, I give it 9/10. It was fantastic experience.
  19. Dec 6, 2016
    This is a fun, emotional and over all a masterpiece, overall a great experince. Cant wait for team ico's next project, the soundtrack is a nice bonus too.
  20. Dec 6, 2016
    Simply a masterpiece a must buy, ignkre the duebros pleaguing the reviews lol seriously this game will make you care about both the boy and the creature.
  21. Dec 6, 2016
    The ten year prophecy has come true-- The Last Guardian is finally here. Haven't finished it yet, but if you like Shadow of the Colossus and Ico, don't think twice, just buy the game. A true exhibition of the artistic merit of games and the emotional response they can evince.
  22. Dec 6, 2016
    Amazing game! Interesting story, charming graphics, cool animations and tons of emotions... this is The Last Guardian! This unique game! If you like ICO and Shadow of the Collossus - buy The Last Guardian, you will love this game.
  23. Dec 6, 2016

It's funny to see all those Xbots giving this game 1 score, because they are jealous. They only see a new Forza, Halo and gears every now and then, no Original games like The Last Guardian.
  24. Dec 6, 2016
    Wow, an absolute masterpiece! Never felt such a strong bond with an on screen character in a video game before. Puzzles and pacing are fantastic, graphics are very good due to art style and phenomenal vistas. Tricos AI is the best I have seen in a videogame, he doesn't always listen (which will frustrate impatient players) but what pet does unless you grow a strong bond and trust which isWow, an absolute masterpiece! Never felt such a strong bond with an on screen character in a video game before. Puzzles and pacing are fantastic, graphics are very good due to art style and phenomenal vistas. Tricos AI is the best I have seen in a videogame, he doesn't always listen (which will frustrate impatient players) but what pet does unless you grow a strong bond and trust which is exactly what this game replicates. Yes there are a few awkward camera angles (Trico is huge so not surprising) and yes there are a few small frame drop (which are barely noticeable on PS4) which I am sure will be patched out.
    In summary this game has surpassed ICO and SOTC for me, has well been worth the wait and I recommend all to experience.

PS ignore the 0-1 reviews they are obviously written by people that have not played the game.
  25. Dec 6, 2016
    This game takes some of the best elements from Ico and SoTC and turns them into it's own unique game. If you really have the patience to deal with Toriko (Trico), this might be the best adventure game you would play this year or even this generation yet!
  26. Dec 6, 2016
    It was a completely absorbing game that I just did not wish to stop playing. Even when I took the occasional break, my thoughts seemed to always drift back to this fantasy world. If you've played and enjoyed ICO and Shadow of the Colossus then the Last Guardian will not disappoint.
  27. Dec 8, 2016
    The Last Guardian.
    Worth The Wait...
    It’s been 9 years since this game was announced… And while this time wasn’t spent on polishing mechanics... it was spent on delivering a beautiful experience… The Last Guardian is insanely frustrating to play through… but it’s so worth it... This game is absolutely gorgeous... In the Last Guardian you play as a boy who wakes up at the bottom of a
    The Last Guardian.
    Worth The Wait...
    This game is absolutely gorgeous...
    In the Last Guardian you play as a boy who wakes up at the bottom of a pit along side these beast of a creature known as a trico…
    Intrigued by the injured beast you decide to help him by removing arrows, taking off his collar, and feeding him…
    This creates the initially bond between the two…
    And Trico feels like a living breathing animal, so much so his way of interacting with item and you is guaranteed to make you smile, unless you have no heart…
    Hes one giant cuddly bird dog
    This is of course from the same team that made ico and the shadow of the colossus.. As you can instantly tell and feel...
    This game is very much a mix of the 2 with more emphasis on the ico side...
    It’s very puzzle heavy... but thankfully in a much more casual way than ico…
    This is more about finding alternate routes than it is putting items in the right spots…
    The puzzle solving itself isn’t the frustrating part..
    It’s one thing to figure it out... it’s another to actually execute it…
    It’s a little tough dealing with the platforming as it feels very dated and has verticality issues modern days have polished up these past 9 years like the backwards wall jump…
    But the real frustrations comes in with giving commands to Trico
    I spent 12 hours with this game to beat it and I still don’t understand how to command Trico..
    The game tells you to hold R1 while you move, but it also tells you to hold r1 and press any of the 4 action buttons... but it never really tells you what each do other than triangle…
    Leading me to frustratingly button mash to get Trico to go to or do what I want him to…
    And this is nonstop as its necessary to use Trico to jump to higher locations or reach a hole in the wall..
    And again... these puzzles aren’t necessarily brain teasers…
    I would’ve preferred Trico acting on his own automatically when I would climb on top of him or stand near a progress point than me giving the command…
    It would’ve completely killed the frustration without hurting the experience of the game…
    It’s so hard to tell if it’s time to get off and explore to progress or if Trico just isn’t going forward when he should most of the time… Had Trico been more on rails, the game would’ve moved along more smoothly
    As you are exploring these locations... there are threats
    There are these suits of armor characters that try to kidnap you…
    Trico will always come to your rescue when he can, but there are a few annoying spots where you have to outsmart them to bet to a certain item or switch.. Which in the moment feels very stressful, but looking back I can appreciate them all… These moments you’re alone feel tense and horrifying…
    IF Trico does help you, there’s a large chance he’ll get injured…
    He can’t die from combat but after a fight you will more than likely have to pull arrows out of him, feed him with barrels around when he gets hungry, and pet him to calm him down…
    It really creates a caring and loving bond between you 2, stopping him from ever feeling like he’s just there..
    You need him to get home and he needs you to get out.
    So while yes… this bird dogs is going to frustrate you at times, you can’t help but love him the entire way…
    This is a beautiful story about the bond between man and beast and is a must play.
    I give the Last Guardian
    an 8.5/10
  28. Dec 6, 2016
  29. Dec 6, 2016
    Probably the most moving game I played all year. The controls are a little clunky and the camera frustrating, but I could overlook these minor annoyances. Felt like I was playing a game from past. Not a bad feel.
  30. Dec 6, 2016
    All i can say fantastic game,fantstic story,fantastic puzzles and the same clunky controls
  31. Dec 6, 2016
    the best game i play in this years, emotional game. very great , sound and graphics, thank you Fumito Ueda , for this Masterpiece , i know other games coming. The Last Guardian is almost everything I hoped it would be on PS4. After many years Famito Ueda's team has produced the game we have wanted for ages. Overall, this is one of the most potent 3rd person adventure games out there,the best game i play in this years, emotional game. very great , sound and graphics, thank you Fumito Ueda , for this Masterpiece , i know other games coming. The Last Guardian is almost everything I hoped it would be on PS4. After many years Famito Ueda's team has produced the game we have wanted for ages. Overall, this is one of the most potent 3rd person adventure games out there, and I fully recommend it especially to gamers that enjoy artistic and thoughtful presentations in this vein. Expand
  32. Dec 6, 2016
    Facing unknown dangers in a strange and mystical land that's cool!
    unique gameplay,amazing story with cool graphics!
    but not better than Shadow of the Colossus
  33. Dec 6, 2016
    What a masterpiece seriously a must buy if you have a ps4, i didnt let the clunky controls bother me much nor the camera, and this is my first game out of the series, it was fun, emotional, rollercoaster.
  34. Dec 7, 2016
    I love it!

For me it's about empathy with this creature, it really reminds me of how smart my Dog is, how smart animals are and how we shouldn't be cruel to them. It really makes me want to rise up against farming or the Chinese who are just evil and do not care about life. This is how I see the game and it's so powerful emotionally for me. Gameplay mechanics do not enter my head
    I love it!

This is how I see the game and it's so powerful emotionally for me.

Gameplay mechanics do not enter my head when playing, it's doing something totally different and I love it for being so unique and not another boring shooter like Titanfall or something.

+ I do want to add that people moan about how hard it is to get Trico to follow commands.... for me personally it just feels natural, my Dog doesn't do things instantly either, he has his own mind and he doesn't speak English, he has to work things out. If you're trying to come at the angle of just a pure game... you wont like it, it's all about empathy.
  35. Dec 6, 2016
    Amazing story, Vibe and the whole experience.

If you like the old games, you will love this. It have the ICO vibe and many elemtents from shahow of the collesus. Don't expect a game on rails, with many explotions.
  36. Dec 6, 2016
    Well I have to say that the game play is poor and the camera is annoying sometimes, the game have some problems of frame rate, I don't know how Sony gave "green light" to sell the game with this basic problems, this important things that make a video game a VIDEO GAME. Some people are giving 90-100 without looking this important an basic problems, they put first their "feelings" over a theWell I have to say that the game play is poor and the camera is annoying sometimes, the game have some problems of frame rate, I don't know how Sony gave "green light" to sell the game with this basic problems, this important things that make a video game a VIDEO GAME. Some people are giving 90-100 without looking this important an basic problems, they put first their "feelings" over a the things that make playable a game but most important feelings are different in everyone of us. Expand
  37. Dec 6, 2016
    While flawed and perhaps not worth the long wait, The Last Guardian is an immensely charming game that feels like it's full of heart and energy. It's easy to find yourself deeply invested in either of the game's protagonists, and while the AI on Trico can be a bit bothersome at times, using such a large creature to solve puzzle and pass through obstacles is both very unique andWhile flawed and perhaps not worth the long wait, The Last Guardian is an immensely charming game that feels like it's full of heart and energy. It's easy to find yourself deeply invested in either of the game's protagonists, and while the AI on Trico can be a bit bothersome at times, using such a large creature to solve puzzle and pass through obstacles is both very unique and surprisingly fun. The game also looks gorgeous at times, even if it came at the price of some dreadful framerate issues throughout the game.

Fans of ICO will enjoy the puzzle-solving and story, fans of Shadow of the Colossus will enjoy climbing and controlling such a huge beast, and newcomers to the series will be drawn in by the gorgeous visuals and unique environments. Don't expect perfection, though expect the same amount of creativity and memorability that Team ICO has always been known for.
  38. Dec 6, 2016
  39. Dec 6, 2016
    just amazing,there is a chance that you won't like it at all,if you look at scores you'lee see it's either 10 or 0 which means there nothing in between
  40. Dec 6, 2016
    An excellent game, created for this proposal, a mechanic inherited from its previous relatives, undoubtedly a great, moving story. You feel connected to the plot and the empathy for the characters and something very wonderful to happen.
  41. Dec 6, 2016
    I give it a 10 beacause this game is all about the story it does a great job making you care gor the creature. This is for the true fans of ico and shadow, truley a masterpiece.
  42. Dec 7, 2016
  43. Dec 6, 2016
    um jogo espetacular com uma historia de amor linda e comovente do garoto com o Trico,tem graficos bonitos, boa jogabilidade bem parecida com Shadow of the Colossus entao nao e um problema, ambientes fantasticos,trilha sonora excelente e um titulo obrigatorio para quem gostou do Shadow of the Colossus e do ICO
  44. Dec 6, 2016
    Amazing game for an amazing experience!The soundtrack is very beautiful. Trico is the best NPC ever made! I can play this game all day. thank you Mr Ueda!
  45. Dec 6, 2016
    Indeed a really good and emotional game. But a game for people with a soul and passion for great a great story. Gamers that think that frame rate and few technical issues are the most important thing maybe don't like every aspect of the game, but even in theses camps, The Last Guardian is already another Playstation legend. Play it.
  46. Dec 6, 2016
    Burning ass ecosystems boys went into orbit, because today the release of the next playstation masterpiece - The Last Guardian. This game, as befits all PS4-games (read as sonyshedevri), has the main thing - the soul. Fumito Ueda is a truly great developer who did not disappoint gamers from the bottom of the Internet and this time.
    Chto kasaetsya bichey bez ps4, mogu im lish
    Chto kasaetsya bichey bez ps4, mogu im lish posochuvstvovat'. (written by Elfin)
  47. Dec 6, 2016
    Incredibly beautiful, with that realism of movements and epic scenes in detail that only Team ICO can provide. This kind of games had been lost in the last 10 years, this are really the ones that can be played to have fun and transported to an emotional tale like never before. Really recommendable for video game enthusiasts, it's a 10/10, if you're a "hardcore" or you expect this game toIncredibly beautiful, with that realism of movements and epic scenes in detail that only Team ICO can provide. This kind of games had been lost in the last 10 years, this are really the ones that can be played to have fun and transported to an emotional tale like never before. Really recommendable for video game enthusiasts, it's a 10/10, if you're a "hardcore" or you expect this game to be the same but better than Final Fantasy, The Last Of Us or even The Witcher 3, you're looking in the wrong place as they are not comparable at all, they have completely different styles and both should be 10/10. Expand
  48. Mar 1, 2017
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Jogo muito bom, história excelente, digno de Fumito Ueda. Trico otimo IA .
    Gostei bastante, espero que tenha uma continuação, com graficos next gen rs
  49. Dec 6, 2016
    The game is pretty beautiful and amazing with a fascinating story. I am very happy to have been able to play this ps4 game, it was worth the wait, thanks Tema ICO and Fumito Fall.
  50. Dec 6, 2016
    This absolutely amazing game! I recommend this amazing game to you!
    The story is emotional. You go through different kinds of challenge with your friend Trico.
    The end is impressive.
  51. Dec 6, 2016
    This is, simply put, a legendary game by a legendary studio. Japan Studio finally got the respect they deserved via Bloodborne, and now TLG is a continuation of that respect after long years of slump and being regulated into making small games like Tokyo Jungle and puppeteer. JS is Sony's best studio in my opinion and can easily rival others like ND and Insomniac if given a proper chance,This is, simply put, a legendary game by a legendary studio. Japan Studio finally got the respect they deserved via Bloodborne, and now TLG is a continuation of that respect after long years of slump and being regulated into making small games like Tokyo Jungle and puppeteer. JS is Sony's best studio in my opinion and can easily rival others like ND and Insomniac if given a proper chance, and this game is just a proof of it. Great story, great gameplay and very beautiful scenery and visuals with a lovely relationship between a kid and his pet. Easily gets a 10 from me. Expand
  52. Dec 6, 2016
    'The Last Guardian is not perfect, but those issues are nothing compared to its wonderful gameplay and its beautiful setting. This game and its soundtrack will live forever in the gaming world.'
  53. Dec 6, 2016
    This game has some very emotional moments and a pretty cute story. But it has its obvious issues as well. Very poor frame rate, outdated graphics and mechanics. It's an okay game at best, luckily I wasn't hyped for it so I am not disappointed. Overall, it wasn't terrible but there definitely were some times where the game was frustrating to play.
  54. Dec 6, 2016
  55. Dec 6, 2016
    Muy buen juego no es el mejor pero si muy entretenido pudo ser mejor pero no deja de ser un gran juego la jugabilidad un poco por debajo de lo esperado y graficamente tendria que estar mucho mejor
  56. Dec 6, 2016
    Amazing story, Vibe and the whole experience.

57. Dec 6, 2016
    10 this game is amazing one of my favorites ..the relation between the dogbird and the boy is amazing ... FRAMERATE....... is not the best but for me its not so important....other thing the peaple say bad about this game is that the ...CONTROLS ......aren´t good.but ..i dont thing so ..(cause I like the controls) but they put me in a issue that I imagine how the littleboy is in that10 this game is amazing one of my favorites ..the relation between the dogbird and the boy is amazing ... FRAMERATE....... is not the best but for me its not so important....other thing the peaple say bad about this game is that the ...CONTROLS ......aren´t good.but ..i dont thing so ..(cause I like the controls) but they put me in a issue that I imagine how the littleboy is in that moment cause he's a littleboy in a huge castle with a huge animal ....so in that issue no one would be chuck norris.... THE CAMERA.....the camera isnt very good in small places but when you are in huge places its so good couse it makes you feel the sensation of you are very small .....THE ANIMAL........the animal its amasing he its like an alive animal ...he reacts like an animal he do all the things that an animal would do...THE SENSATIONS.... you conect so good with trico I have take care of he all the time .you are going to love he if you arent that peaple that only matter of other tings like the framerate or somethings like that.............I LOVE IT Expand
  58. Dec 6, 2016
    I've been waiting a long time for this game, the game teaches you the real meaning of the word RESPECT, great game, exceeded my expectations ... thanks UEDA and team for this masterpiece...
  59. Dec 6, 2016
    Una experiencia muy bonita entre el niño y Trico. No es para todos los públicos, sin embargo a mi me a conmovido. La jugabilidad es bastante buena y la música es maravillosa. Un juego de sobresaliente aunque resbale en algunos puntos como el poder gráfico.
  60. Dec 6, 2016
    O que falar do jogo,mesmo tendo os graficos datados são belos,a historia impecavel demais parece que é comparavel com muitos outros e complementa a historia de ico e sotc,trilha sonora na minha opnião a melhor de todos os tempos nos jogos e para quem gosta do genero vale muito apena obrigatorio
  61. Dec 6, 2016
    Do not listen to the reviews that says 10 fps and 20 fps and spamming it like retards, this game is best played on the pro and the pro for the most part it handle the game very well, most of these negative reviews are from salty xbox fans. The game although not perfect its a great game, its got the ico and shadow charm with the controls and camera and not a single person complaint about itDo not listen to the reviews that says 10 fps and 20 fps and spamming it like retards, this game is best played on the pro and the pro for the most part it handle the game very well, most of these negative reviews are from salty xbox fans. The game although not perfect its a great game, its got the ico and shadow charm with the controls and camera and not a single person complaint about it last time I checked. Expand
  62. Dec 6, 2016
    Es un gran juego que no necesita los mejores gráficos para ser increíble, solo con su historia y como los personajes se ayudan a avanzar sobre los obstáculos
  63. Dec 6, 2016
    I really Enjoyed this Game
    A Very emotional Story and the world just pulls you in because it is so beautiful.
    It is a calm game and unlike anything else this generation.
    Over all, Good story, memorable characters, lovely environments, calm music
    A Must buy for PS4 Fans
  64. Dec 6, 2016
    +interesting AI Trico
    +amazing puzzles
    +beautiful art stlye and enviroment +amazing story +best action/platformer game on ps4 +top-tier music score -frame rate not solid 30fps , but its acceptable -camera problem need faster release patch to fix this problem This game main problems is always the techical issues , if your can overcome this problem , this game is absolutetly
    +interesting AI Trico
    +amazing puzzles
    +beautiful art stlye and enviroment
    +amazing story
    +best action/platformer game on ps4
    +top-tier music score

-frame rate not solid 30fps , but its acceptable
    -camera problem need faster release patch to fix this problem

This game main problems is always the techical issues , if your can overcome this problem , this game is absolutetly amazing on this generation , otherwise if will be worst for some people who can't accept not solid 30 fps or camera problem
  65. Dec 6, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Essa geração leite com pera e uma merda! Quem jogou SOTC e ICO sabe muito bem que a camera e gameplay e meio travada, essas crianças so sabem falar em frame, frame, frame PQP, e por isso que o Mercado de jogos ta uma merda, por causa dessa geração" MODINHA" PS: Jogo FODASTICO Expand
  66. Dec 7, 2016
    Trophies show that only 4.4% of players have beaten the game. That tells you all you need to know about the "reviews" here. Why don't you all come back and review the game once you've actually beaten it, yeah?
  67. Dec 8, 2016
    This game was averaging about 5/10 for a long time on Metacritic. It seems to me that Sony have unleashed their bots, to post fake reviews and boost the score a bit. There's a suspicious amount of consecutive 10/10s ..............if it's real reviews, why are none of the people who like it giving it in 8 or a 9? Always 10.

Trust me, big publishers have bots that post fake reviews. As

Trust me, big publishers have bots that post fake reviews.

As for the game, if you want to waste $60 and be really dissapointed, buy this. It's really really boring, and annoying
  68. Dec 6, 2016
    Dear Team Ico

You had EIGHT YEARS to optimise a game that was originally designed for the PLAYSTATION THREE!

Hell the visuals still look like a PS3 game, and yet the framerate keeps hitting sub 20fps on the PLAYSTATION FOUR!
    I wanted to really like this game but this is simply unacceptable. I can look past the dated visuals but not when the game is running this poorly.
  69. Dec 6, 2016
    Basic, nothing new for 10 years of performance, very ugly gameplay, graphics of ps3, this game should have come out for ps3 since in that machine could do less things, in ps4 that is so linear with such easy puzzles.
    ICO and Shadow of the Colossus were very good games and this one is not, you have to analyze it separately not with the fan rod!
  70. Dec 6, 2016
    What in the world did I just play? What a complete waste of time... If I had low expectations this game would have been decent... But for nearly 10 years I had good expectations and it didn't meet them... Camera was awful... Gameplay was boring and slow.
  71. Dec 6, 2016
    LOL, what a lame excuse of a game. Short campaign, empty world and old graphic with bad performance.
    I would agree with those who say this all don't matter because it's a story based game, but the story is pretty forgettable.
  72. Dec 6, 2016
    Camera sucks, Stupid dog doesn't listen to you. Just a mess. Jim sterling was right. Feels outdated. Its just so plain and boring. Why are critics giving this a 10/10? Are they blind?
  73. Dec 6, 2016
    I am very very displeased with the overall feel to this game, I did expect better and funner gameplay and was greeted with terrible camera and slow slow gameplay
  74. Aug 10, 2017
    This game is just perfect. It is a wonderful time that I would recommend for anyone who actually cares enough to support unique titles like this instead of the same forza or cod c**p that comes out next to every year. What you have here is just one of the best story's and experiences in a game that you need to play.
  75. Aug 10, 2017
    A game that was worth the wait as it is one of the best ps4 games available to buy right now. The controls are a bit weird but if you can get passed that you have one of the most unique games on the market right now so go and support this masterpiece.
  76. Aug 10, 2017
    Thank you fumito ueda and Sony for not giving on on this project as the end result is one of the most Brillant and emotional experiences I have ever experienced in a game. The story is so well told with next to no dialogue, trick is one of the most loveable things you will ever spend time with and the games has even more I dare not spoil, there are few games I call a perfect experience utThank you fumito ueda and Sony for not giving on on this project as the end result is one of the most Brillant and emotional experiences I have ever experienced in a game. The story is so well told with next to no dialogue, trick is one of the most loveable things you will ever spend time with and the games has even more I dare not spoil, there are few games I call a perfect experience ut this is one of them. Expand
  77. Aug 10, 2017
    It is sad then somebody put years and years of work into there game only to have a bunch of f**king morons come and s**t all over it without reason as they can't understand the effort that when't into the game as they just want to kill everything in utter crap like gears of war or halo. Sorry that this game caters to people who actually want an emotional strory with well done charactersIt is sad then somebody put years and years of work into there game only to have a bunch of f**king morons come and s**t all over it without reason as they can't understand the effort that when't into the game as they just want to kill everything in utter crap like gears of war or halo. Sorry that this game caters to people who actually want an emotional strory with well done characters and set pieces. Hell one guy claims that all the higher scored reviews are fake put then you check that dumbass he's got perfect tens on every call of duty or Halo and it is this that makes sure we never get wonderful unique experiences like this and just the trival yearly crap that's come to be expected from the industry.

Sorry about that rant but the game itself is one of the nicest and surprising experiences I have ever had with a game and I honestly would recommend it. It would be a 9 from the fact that the controls are a bit off but with the amount of ignorance from these reviews I have to try and balance it out with this score.
  78. Jul 19, 2017
    If you're booting this game up with an urge to kill some bad guys, to be the hero protagonist that saves everybody, or mindless fun that doesn't make you have to think that hard, this game is going to fight back against you until you get with the program or quit out. You aren't a big, strong protagonist, but rather a helpless kid in a colossal, deteriorating castle with a small army ofIf you're booting this game up with an urge to kill some bad guys, to be the hero protagonist that saves everybody, or mindless fun that doesn't make you have to think that hard, this game is going to fight back against you until you get with the program or quit out. You aren't a big, strong protagonist, but rather a helpless kid in a colossal, deteriorating castle with a small army of animated armor trying to get you. Both the environment and the people around you are out to get you and you can't fight back. This isn't a horror game, however, because it adds in the addition of Trico, the big birdcatdog. Trico objectively has no reason to help you but does so anyways because it takes a liking to you.

There's points in the game where you have to navigate the environment to help Trico progress but even then, there's holes in the wall that Trico could realistically jump through, and then you'd be abandoned. You need Trico to help navigate the massive, crumbling world that's far too large for the kid. You need Trico to fight off the armor sets. And there's really very little you're capable of on your own.

This world is gorgeously realized on the ps4 and exploring it alongside your companion is a treat. Trico itself looks incredible from the very obvious care that went into its library of animations to make it look real to the way different times of day light up its feathers just right. While I ranted about how players could be annoyed at how helpless they are, the game still does strike a gameplay balance of guiding Trico along because Trico more or less is as smart as a dog. Personable, but not that smart. The soundtrack is good but sparsely used; the game instead opts for the various ambiances of the wind/fire/wildlife/etc. matched with the various noises Trico makes.

To wrap this up, players who enter into this game not wanting to care about Trico are going to be in for a rough ride, as the game is going to fight against you the whole way. On the other hand, if you accept that you are the helpless kid and that you need Trico, then you'll find that Trico can help indicate where you can go when you're stuck by looking, pawing, and barking at the place. Funnily enough, the people willing to work with Trico and not just ignore it could probably find a way to progress faster than if they stubbornly searched alone. That's just the way they designed it.
  79. Jul 19, 2017
    This is one of the best games I have ever played and I don't care what anyone else says the way everything is done is just perfect from the strory and characters to the world itself it is such a wonder to play through. I could go for hours about how I love this game but to make it short just buy and support wonderful things like this.
  80. Jul 20, 2017
    I loved Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Having gone from the Playstation 2 to the Xbox 360, I vowed to buy a PS4 the day The Last Guardian was released. It did and I did, and I was not disappointed. Everything I loved about the previous games were in this one. The story, atmosphere, sense of wonder, and heart. Lots and lots of heart. Trico is the closest I've every experienced to a real,I loved Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. Having gone from the Playstation 2 to the Xbox 360, I vowed to buy a PS4 the day The Last Guardian was released. It did and I did, and I was not disappointed. Everything I loved about the previous games were in this one. The story, atmosphere, sense of wonder, and heart. Lots and lots of heart. Trico is the closest I've every experienced to a real, living thing in a game. What many people have criticized as a control issue, I experienced as a very believable style of interaction that made Trico feel like a creature with its own mind, making the game that much more immersive. I hope this team continues to make games of this quality - though it seems to sell it short to call it merely a 'game'. I hope Fumito Ueda continues to make quality experiences like this one. I'll gladly wait. Expand
  81. Jun 1, 2017
    Truly amazing game I'd say a masterpiece. It really is about Trico and the way they portray him. You really do develop a relationship with him. The animation and AI are truly incredible and I've never seen anything like this in any other game before. It really is unique and in a class by itself. A real masterpiece the likes of which you probably won't see again for a very long time In anyTruly amazing game I'd say a masterpiece. It really is about Trico and the way they portray him. You really do develop a relationship with him. The animation and AI are truly incredible and I've never seen anything like this in any other game before. It really is unique and in a class by itself. A real masterpiece the likes of which you probably won't see again for a very long time In any other game. Expand
  82. Apr 25, 2017
    I can't believe the bad reviews for this game. I had no problems with the camera or the controls as some have mentioned. Maybe due to updates, I wouldn't know. The creature (Trico) that becomes your companion is absolutely astounding. It's essentially a dog with wings but is so life like its unreal. As you progress through the game you can give it commands, which like a dog it looks at youI can't believe the bad reviews for this game. I had no problems with the camera or the controls as some have mentioned. Maybe due to updates, I wouldn't know. The creature (Trico) that becomes your companion is absolutely astounding. It's essentially a dog with wings but is so life like its unreal. As you progress through the game you can give it commands, which like a dog it looks at you as if your stupid until finally figuring out what you want it to do. Maybe this is what upset people.?? I found it to be one of the defining characteristics of the game. Although it frustrated me sometimes, it also made me laugh like I would at the nature of a real dog. I can't quite place my finger at what stage in the game I bonded so deeply with Trico but by the end of the game I didn't want it to finish. People don't make games like this anymore and should be applauded for it. It's worth every penny and would recommend it to anyone. Expand
  83. Mar 13, 2017
    The last guardian is of the best games I have played in years,the story while vague left more of an impact than most other games I have played, trico is one of the most believable and loveable companions I have ever had the pleasure of spending my time with and the fact that despite being in development for almost 9 years the fact that it turned out this brilliantly and masterful goes toThe last guardian is of the best games I have played in years,the story while vague left more of an impact than most other games I have played, trico is one of the most believable and loveable companions I have ever had the pleasure of spending my time with and the fact that despite being in development for almost 9 years the fact that it turned out this brilliantly and masterful goes to show how great of a game maker Fumito Ueda is and I hope that what ever he does next is just as great if not better than this masterpiece. Expand
  84. Apr 10, 2017
    An amazing journey! although the graphics are not up to date with other PS4 games the journey through the game more than makes up for it. The puzzles can be challenging as well as getting Trico to do what you want him to do. This does however contribute to the game and make the connection between the boy and Trico feel very real.

Overall one of the best single player games out there.

Overall one of the best single player games out there. Modern gaming needs more single player adventures like this!
  85. Dec 10, 2016
    Just finished and I gotta say; It was really good fun ride. Best in its puzzle-platformer genre, honestly. Despite its hardware limitations, sluggish commands and camera work, and often funny rag-doll physics, this game really drives the story home. Mechanics are introduced and re-introduced at a rate that keeps things fresh. Visually stunning and immersive. Story wise as well. The gameJust finished and I gotta say; It was really good fun ride. Best in its puzzle-platformer genre, honestly. Despite its hardware limitations, sluggish commands and camera work, and often funny rag-doll physics, this game really drives the story home. Mechanics are introduced and re-introduced at a rate that keeps things fresh. Visually stunning and immersive. Story wise as well. The game looks as good as it did in its E3 showings, so while the graphics aren't top of the line they never lied to you about it, which I appreciate a lot.
    A complaint I'd levy is that there is extremely little real exploration, and what little there is is almost never rewarding. That, along side the almost auto-play of the game when riding your pet thing, makes the game feel too closed. Re-playing the game through those long bits sounds like a chore because... I mean what would I really miss?
    Overall, got what I expected. The story and world were the selling points and it REALLY hit home on those points.
  86. May 17, 2017
    9 years I waited for this game. NINE years from the time it was announced to its actual release. A lot of people waited for this game. There was a LOT riding on the success of this game. The last original game Team Ico released was Shadow of the Colossus in 2005! That's 11 years ago! THANKFULLY this game delivered and more. This is one of the best games I've ever played. While I found the9 years I waited for this game. NINE years from the time it was announced to its actual release. A lot of people waited for this game. There was a LOT riding on the success of this game. The last original game Team Ico released was Shadow of the Colossus in 2005! That's 11 years ago! THANKFULLY this game delivered and more. This is one of the best games I've ever played. While I found the controls a bit frustrating at times, the game was truly heartwarming, emotional, and memorable. I simply LOVE Trico and the boy as a team. The graphics aren't perfect as they look clearly "last-gen" and the frame rate could use some work, but somehow these shortcomings just didn't detract from the overall product. Like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus before it this game is as much of a work of art as it is an adventure game. The game is not very hard, most puzzles can be figured out with little effort, but playing a game like this is about the journey, not the destination or the challenge of it. If you want to play a game about a boy and his...errr winged-dog-like-thing, and the bond they form over time, you will love this game. Their relationship grows during the adventure and by the end you really fall in love with Trico. This game is not for everyone but if you like platforming puzzle games with an emotional connection then you will love this game! Expand
  87. Jan 28, 2017
    This is a good game, otherwise hampered with many many problems. The controls and camera are really garbage to be honest. The best aspect is the story and level design.
  88. Jan 28, 2017
    A Wonderfull, visually stunning and emotional adventure, one of the greatest games I've played in my 30 years.

You haven't ever experienced something like this.

A vacation from the shooters overdose.
  89. Dec 24, 2016
    The Last Guardian is very unique experience, although not exactly the best I ever had in gaming industry.

One of the best things about this game is that it is very relaxing, unless the fact that Trico (our animal companion) is sometimes not cooperative will frustrate you, but that depends on the player, as I still can't tell if it's intended to work like that by the devs or is it the problem with AI, because one player can treat it as a poor AI and consider it as a drawback, the other can treat it as a feature that helps in establishing bond with your animal friend (as we all know, animals can be really not cooperative).

The one big thing that ruined the impression for me was the language, which is artificial, but the problem is that the words that we hear are very often the same, although the subtitles suggest that the whole sentence meaning is completely different.

I don't really know what to say about this game. I love playing almost all genres of games, but with this one I have problem with assigning it to one of them. The easiest way to explain The Last Guardian is probably to say that this game is about relationship between human being (player) and the accompanying him animal.
  90. May 9, 2017
    Fumito Ueda a legend in authentic and original game design. ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus are both cult Playstation classics. Ueda's new and long time in limbo title is a journey like no other. Boy and beast. The AI of the beast is startlingly real,the more you bond the better the relationship becomes. Utilising the Trico (the beast) and controlling the boy you make your way through thisFumito Ueda a legend in authentic and original game design. ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus are both cult Playstation classics. Ueda's new and long time in limbo title is a journey like no other. Boy and beast. The AI of the beast is startlingly real,the more you bond the better the relationship becomes. Utilising the Trico (the beast) and controlling the boy you make your way through this seamless gameworld. Emotional, phenomenal gaming experience with minimal technical issies,bare in mind its origins were created for PS3 then moved to PS4.

Artistically brilliant, fresh and original design. Beautiful sound and music and a real sense of involvement and story without masses of cut scenes,voice overs. The story tells itself via your actions. This game won't hold your hand...think and figure out your way through. Issue commands to Trico,climb him to reach new places and direct him to use his power via the reflective mirror...A game that you will only see on playstation. A library of varied and incredible exclusive games and now add The Last Guardian to that list.
  91. Dec 8, 2016
    Sure the camera can get annoying but this is the most fun and immersive gaming experience I have had in maybe ten years. Playing this game reminded me a bit of playing the Legend of Zelda when I was a kid (obviously a different game but if you play this you might get what I'm talking about). I love Trico and and the boy which you play as. In my opinion any flaw in this game can be ignored.Sure the camera can get annoying but this is the most fun and immersive gaming experience I have had in maybe ten years. Playing this game reminded me a bit of playing the Legend of Zelda when I was a kid (obviously a different game but if you play this you might get what I'm talking about). I love Trico and and the boy which you play as. In my opinion any flaw in this game can be ignored. This game is an emotional journey that I am extremely grateful I got to experience. Expand
  92. Dec 9, 2016
    The Last Gurdian, shows us one of the greatest portents of programming. Trico is really alive, his animations and movements fuse perfectly with the environment, and only because of that feeling of being next to something really big, with his own personality, all his technical mistakes go unnoticed. A work not made for the stomach of the whole world, but for those fans of Team Ico who stillThe Last Gurdian, shows us one of the greatest portents of programming. Trico is really alive, his animations and movements fuse perfectly with the environment, and only because of that feeling of being next to something really big, with his own personality, all his technical mistakes go unnoticed. A work not made for the stomach of the whole world, but for those fans of Team Ico who still know how to enjoy video games, without entering wars within the community, you will find here a classic of instant worship, which will make TLG a Unforgettable videogame.

And all this without mentioning the beauty of its graphics and its spectacular soundtrack, which accompany an adventure between two friends, unequal, through a mystical world in ruins, full of enigmas, secrets and obstacles to solve.
  93. Jan 18, 2017
    Short review: Just because people are inept doesn't make this a bad game.

Short review: Just because people are inept doesn't make this a bad game.

People complain about this game's lack of story. Team Ico games never have a story that is fully spelled out. In Shadow of the Colossus and Ico the stories are blatant "wtf just happened here?" head scratchers. I think this developer has always been about experiencing their surroundings and characters. Does this game control poorly? No it really doesn't. Spamming the controls like a moron will cause Trico to essentially lock up. You have to be patient. Everyone getting this game should have known what they were getting into. It's basically all the player's fault if they expected Trico to follow their commands immediately. Everything in the promotional material makes it clear that this creature was programmed to not do that.

People are lighting into it due to the 10 year wait, and i'm like "Is that really a valid argument?"
    I'd say no. No it is not. Actually, **** those who use that as an argument. Its not like this is a kick starter game that took 10 years to make. Or 4 million dollars of your own money. You had 0 monetary investment in this so why even care how long it took? Performance wise, nobody can objectively say it’s a bad game. There are nitpicks and buggy things like any game, but nothing about it has convinced me there’s anything legitimately poorly made or broken. This is probably why they harp on about the delays. It’s the only thing they can find.
  94. Dec 10, 2016
    one of the best games i have ever played... the wait was woth it, in this game no matter the graphics here is more important the story and its so beautiful
  95. Dec 15, 2016
    It deserves your acknowledgement and appreciation. These are just a couple words I would use towards anyone who may not find what makes this such an engaging experience (I for one, loved it). How can a game so basic still reach such a fulfilling sense of challenge and reward? I still haven't figured that out. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a powerful and touching story (for which this gameIt deserves your acknowledgement and appreciation. These are just a couple words I would use towards anyone who may not find what makes this such an engaging experience (I for one, loved it). How can a game so basic still reach such a fulfilling sense of challenge and reward? I still haven't figured that out. Maybe I'm just a sucker for a powerful and touching story (for which this game definitely has). What it may lack innovative gaming mechanics, it makes up for with its captivating use of detail in every step throughout the journey. Expand
  96. Dec 14, 2016
    An amazing game that shows the medium can be works of art. Mr. Ueda has brought us an emotionally heartfelt game that begs to be experienced. The true star is Trico, a believable animal AI that not only bonds with the boy but you as the player. the stories of technical issues are true, but it never dampened my experience with Trico who I see is the game. The Last Guardian will have noAn amazing game that shows the medium can be works of art. Mr. Ueda has brought us an emotionally heartfelt game that begs to be experienced. The true star is Trico, a believable animal AI that not only bonds with the boy but you as the player. the stories of technical issues are true, but it never dampened my experience with Trico who I see is the game. The Last Guardian will have no problem resonating with people long after finishing it with a fitting and impactful ending, a testament to Mr. Ueda's trilogy. I would say if you are only into FPS or sports games, you may not appreciate what The Last Guardian has to offer, but who knows, maybe this experience can broaden your perspective. Few games have emotionally charged me, The Last Guardian stacks near the top of the list. Few games get a second playthrough with my precious time nowadays, Trico calls to me to experience him again, and I cant wait.
    Also a special shout out to Composer Takeshi Furukawa for an amazing music score orchestrated perfectly to this game.
  97. Dec 15, 2016
    This game is a work of art, and an overall fulfilling and enjoyable experience with its fair share of ups and downs. The world og team ICO is one of beauty and mystery, and this game proves to be on the same level as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I felt myself becoming attached to Triko and the story sucks you in. The puzzles are challenging and require a lot of patience, but it isThis game is a work of art, and an overall fulfilling and enjoyable experience with its fair share of ups and downs. The world og team ICO is one of beauty and mystery, and this game proves to be on the same level as ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. I felt myself becoming attached to Triko and the story sucks you in. The puzzles are challenging and require a lot of patience, but it is always rewarded with a beautiful vista or a gut wrenching cutscene. My only complaints would be the camera, which can be a bit unruly in tight spaces, and the framerate which dips into the 20s in certain locations (especially ones with water). I hope this can be resolved with optimization patches in the future, but I do not think it takes away from the experience, as the framerate and camera issues fade away and become forgotten after a few minutes. Expand
  98. Dec 24, 2016
    I thought Uncharted 4 was perhaps the best puzzle-platformer ever. Last Guardian is even more creative and inventive. Some caveats:

- Not for young kids at all. You have to consult with others or online to solve many puzzles. - Trico the animal's AI is spectacular. It effectively mimics how animals "think" before making a choice or decision. HOWEVER every player reports places

- Trico the animal's AI is spectacular. It effectively mimics how animals "think" before making a choice or decision. HOWEVER every player reports places where the AI misses logic obvious to the player.

It's also exactly a cross between Ico and Shadow of Collosus--and it works, a high work of game art.

It also helps if you appreciated the golden age of 3D platformers 2004-2009. Think Ratchet & Clank, Jak 3, Psychonauts, Tak 2 and Tak 3. In conception, Last Guardian is precisely of this thinking. The only story is solving the puzzles. It's all solving puzzles--some of the best ever devised with the best supporting emotional effects and level design.
  99. Dec 19, 2016
    The game have many problem like controls, camera, ps3 graphic, weak framerate, but all other parts are so wonderful: world, story, art, mystery, atmosphere, puzzles. Game is pure 8/10 but because of last 1h I will give it 9/10. Also hard trophy, I only got 5 in first walktrought.
  100. Dec 22, 2016
    The Last Guardian certainly has its faults. Controlling Trico can be a hassle in some parts and the camera movement can be disorienting when you're moving in cramped corridors. However, the game's story about the adventures of a boy and Trico as they try to escape a strange place is so engrossing and heartwarming that I was able to power through those frustrating moments just to see whatThe Last Guardian certainly has its faults. Controlling Trico can be a hassle in some parts and the camera movement can be disorienting when you're moving in cramped corridors. However, the game's story about the adventures of a boy and Trico as they try to escape a strange place is so engrossing and heartwarming that I was able to power through those frustrating moments just to see what happens next. That's probably why I never noticed the frame rate drops that the more critical reviews have cited. This game, like Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, is certainly not for every gamer and is certainly not the best video game ever made. However, I would still recommend that people try this out if slow-paced and story-focused games are their thing. Expand

1. Mar 8, 2017
    After 7 years in what seems to be development hell, Team Ico finally introduces us to the majestic Trico and its heartfelt relationship with a young protagonist. While the long development cycle does show its age in certain parts up to a point of some frustration. The experience as a whole is one of the most unique ever.
  2. Feb 10, 2017
    The Last guardian is indeed suffering from some technical and control input issues, but its warm, beautiful adventure filled with countless touching moments is something we’ll never forget for the rest of our lives. The Last Guardian is not just a game, it’s an absolute work of art.
  3. Edge Magazine
    Feb 8, 2017
    The Last Guardian doesn't just live up to its forebears' legacy, it goes further. Despite the callbacks to Fumito Ueda's previous works, it is a unique creation. Outside of indie experiments, we don't get to say that about modern videogames often enough.