The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 26, 2013
    Excellent story, great game play, fantastic graphics, non-repetitive and plenty of hours of fun.Best 60 dollar spent.. EVER!! Oh and great multi-player as well, extremely addictive
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    I don't think there's such a thing as a perfect game, but The Last of Us comes damn close. Everything from the gameplay to the visuals to, most importantly, the narrative, meshes together to create an experience I know I'm never going to forget. You'd be forgiven for thinking this sounds like hyperbole, and trust me, I was sceptical too but TLOU is one of the few games that genuinelyI don't think there's such a thing as a perfect game, but The Last of Us comes damn close. Everything from the gameplay to the visuals to, most importantly, the narrative, meshes together to create an experience I know I'm never going to forget. You'd be forgiven for thinking this sounds like hyperbole, and trust me, I was sceptical too but TLOU is one of the few games that genuinely lives up to its hype.

First, there's the characters. Ellie is far and away the most well drawn AI companion you're likely to see this generation, and one you truly grow to care for. Joel is a perfect counterpart grim and violent, but with a plethora of emotions lying beneath his gruff exterior, you may not agree with every decision he makes (particularly towards the game's end) but you completely understand the reasoning behind it. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson have wonderful chemistry and did a wonderful job giving these characters life. Impressively, the gameplay not only matches the quality of the story but actually complements it. The combat is weighty and tense without feeling repetitive; this is a game which makes you feel every gunshot and every blow. Enemies struggle as you strangle the life from them, beg for their lives as you line up their head in your crosshairs make no mistake, this game is dark. One particular enemy type the Clickers ranks as one of the most terrifying creatures I've had the misfortune of facing. But this darkness and violence never feels contrived or gratuitous instead it feels necessary to the story, which is the game's strongest asset. Such is the strength of the narrative that you will be completely hooked right from the prologue. This comes to a head in the Winter section which, without giving anything away, is simply one of the most masterful game sequences I've ever experienced. If you ever plan to play this game, avoid spoilers at all costs it's an experience which deserves to be played with as little prior knowledge as possible, and contains some of the most beautiful moments on PlayStation.

This game will suck you in and not let go for its entire 14-18 hours. I've been playing games for nearly 20 years, and this is quite possibly the best one I've ever played. Just do yourself a favour and buy it.
  3. Jul 25, 2013
    I like the game. Mostly because of its drama. The plot is very good although I have seen it several times already in movies. I can't say it's bad, on contrary I think it is an advantage. Acting is fantastic, cinematic are fabulous and visuals I would say if every game on Ps3 showed the same quality who would need ps4 for other 2 years. My only concern is a gameplay. it's a little bitI like the game. Mostly because of its drama. The plot is very good although I have seen it several times already in movies. I can't say it's bad, on contrary I think it is an advantage. Acting is fantastic, cinematic are fabulous and visuals I would say if every game on Ps3 showed the same quality who would need ps4 for other 2 years. My only concern is a gameplay. it's a little bit repetitive on my taste. and personally I would prefer more humans opposing me as I am sick and tired of zombie-alike enemies in video games. But over all this is the game you should not miss on no circumstances if only you don't have a ps3 of course. Expand
  4. Jul 26, 2013
    The only thing I can think of that would have made this game even better, would be to make it more of an open world game. Everything was very structured as you dabble just lightly into open world while searching. Once you move on though, you can never go back. Decision based story would have really nailed it down, but I suppose there are plenty of other games for that opportunity. ThisThe only thing I can think of that would have made this game even better, would be to make it more of an open world game. Everything was very structured as you dabble just lightly into open world while searching. Once you move on though, you can never go back. Decision based story would have really nailed it down, but I suppose there are plenty of other games for that opportunity. This game is a MUST BUY. Expand
  5. Jul 28, 2013
    This game was beautiful in everything it was. Although I loved the story, the gameplay too was very compelling. The ammunition and usability of items were realistic and made sense unlike most games that make you repare items every other battle. I really also like the exploration and no map concept. Overall, the battles always seemed like different puzzles in a world that is really detailed.
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    I don't even know where to begin with this game... I've been an avid gamer for almost my entire life, and I consider myself quite fluent in the world of gaming. After beating this game, I can honestly say that it may take a spot in one of my top games of all time. At the bare minimum, it's one of the best games of this past decade. Over the past few years, I've played good games, butI don't even know where to begin with this game... I've been an avid gamer for almost my entire life, and I consider myself quite fluent in the world of gaming. After beating this game, I can honestly say that it may take a spot in one of my top games of all time. At the bare minimum, it's one of the best games of this past decade. Over the past few years, I've played good games, but nothing compares to how well crafted The Last of Us is. Although the post apocalyptic trope is somewhat overused now a days, Naughty Dog has succeeded in using this theme to create a compelling, immersive, beautiful, story with The Last of Us. Although some game mechanics are somewhat faulty, I usually can forgive some misgivings for a good game and story, and all of this makes me completely forget the bad about this game (which really there isn't much). Naughty Dog created a story that does not glorify the main characters, but makes them human. Most games, movies, and TV create this sort of "hero" identity with their protagonist, which yes, you of course want to root for the main character, but at the same time we, as the audience, know that no one is perfect. I think this in itself was probably the most important facet of the game that made it so compelling, Joel and Ellie are VERY human. Naughty Dog brilliantly builds upon their relationship through the game to create not only a bond between the characters, but uses it as a catalyst for what ultimately happens at the end. Without spoiling anything, I will say that the ending of The Last of Us is definitely one of the most emotional, impactful, and compelling endings that I have ever played. This game will stick with me and I cannot help but think about how morally dense this game is. Expand
  7. Jul 29, 2013
    This game is such a masterpiece. Naughty Dog should definitely teach how to produce a game. The gameplay, the story, the setting, everything is completely perfect. I really enjoyed playing this game, hopefully give it to my grand children to play. Do not listen to bad reviews, just buy this game and start playing. If you like survival and post-apocalyptic games, The Last of Us is just for you.
  8. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is already a classic. Not thanks to its gameplay, or its AI, because they both have a few flaws.
    But thanks to its storytelling, its voice acting, and its atmosphere.
    But thanks to its storytelling, its voice acting, and its atmosphere.

This game will take your breath away, and won't give it back to you until the end of the credits. You won't find any cliché in this game. The characters are incredibly human. The whole game, you'll ask yourself this question: "What would I do in this situation".

The game's story is violent, mature, and quite depressing if you think about it.

It is full of surprises, it is incredibly good, etc...

To sum it up, as I said, it is a classic, no matter what some people say.

Oh, and by the way, it is gorgeous.
    Don't hesitate, buy it. It's worth your money.

The greatest game of this gen, along with Red Dead Redemption. 10/10
  9. Jul 31, 2013
    This game is the best zombie type game i've ever played! Naughty Dog sure did it again with their amazing games! I was stoked about this game when it first was released in stores. The emotions in this game are powerful. This is the finest game i've ever played. Can't wait if theres a sequel
  10. Aug 5, 2013
    This game is in the top 3 best game I've ever played. The athmosphere is incredible. The characters are so attaching. Each moments of this game stay in your mind. This game is a Masterpiece to the beginning until the end. Ellie and Joel are the perfects characters for this game. The story is great but what makes this game unique is the relations between Ellie and Joel. The graphics areThis game is in the top 3 best game I've ever played. The athmosphere is incredible. The characters are so attaching. Each moments of this game stay in your mind. This game is a Masterpiece to the beginning until the end. Ellie and Joel are the perfects characters for this game. The story is great but what makes this game unique is the relations between Ellie and Joel. The graphics are amazing...well this game is wonderfull. There's still annoying lags and AI are quite idiotic but the rest is awesome. Expand
  11. Aug 4, 2013
    The story is quite good but, in my opinion, the ending is sort of anti-climatic. But the way Naughty Dog designed the characters and their personalities and how they interact with each other is just amazing! And the gameplay... borderline perfect. The game doesn't feed you loot all the time, and you have to make up your mind quick if it's worth to shoot that clicker or if you just have toThe story is quite good but, in my opinion, the ending is sort of anti-climatic. But the way Naughty Dog designed the characters and their personalities and how they interact with each other is just amazing! And the gameplay... borderline perfect. The game doesn't feed you loot all the time, and you have to make up your mind quick if it's worth to shoot that clicker or if you just have to sneak by. But all and all, awesome game personally; top 5 games of all time. Expand
  12. Mar 1, 2014
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered.

Naughty Dog have made a masterpiece. The Last of Us brings you a story that will touch you. The characters, the world and overall the gameplay itself make this game the best that I've ever played. Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered.

Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with
    The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking each other they become best friends and even more.

Throughout the game you will find interesting items that you can use to craft bombs, shivs, med kits and other things to help you survive in the environment which is done beautifully. The combat system is one of the most interesting things you will see. It's not about run and gun, you have to use your brain and think before you act which will be a blast because of the many different ways to approach each fight. You can even chose to avoid conflict completely.

The graphics of the game are one of the most satisfying graphics you'll see not because of how well they are done (and they are done VERY well) but because of the way they make the game look so believable and so much mor satisfying.

You might find yourself crying while playing the game and you might feel attached to the character which will make you think about the world that we live in and how people treat one another. Joel and Ellie will touch your heart and you will have an experience that you would want to remember forever and make you wish that they were real.
  13. Aug 8, 2013
    This is the best game I have ever played. From beginning to end it had me on the edge of my seat. Everything about this game from the story to gameplay even multi-player. If you want to experience a great edge of your seat single player campaign this is the game for you. Visually this game has those little touches that makes everything you encounter believable. Great Experience.
  14. Aug 12, 2013
    This wasn't a game, this was an experience. I had not played the fist time, i wasn't using the ps3 thre by a year so i thought to watch a walkthrought on internet. I've never done such a more idiot thing in my life... however it was the best experience that i had with i video game, without giving any matter to the gameplay.
    this is the best game of all time, of the whole generation and
    this is the best game of all time, of the whole generation and there won't never be game like this in 20 years
  15. Aug 13, 2013
    Excellent combination of story and game. Great characters with professional voices. Diverse scenarios that are not easily predictable.( Avoid the spoilers if you can.)
    I do not play many games, but this is the best game I have played.
  16. Aug 14, 2013
    I don't even know where to start with The Last of Us. From its brutal combat, amazingly immersive story and world, The Last of Us is superb. I was really disappointed when I realized that my nearest Gamestop wasn't having a midnight release for this game so I just picked it up the next day right when they opened. I rushed home slapped it in my PlayStation and started my journey. Let meI don't even know where to start with The Last of Us. From its brutal combat, amazingly immersive story and world, The Last of Us is superb. I was really disappointed when I realized that my nearest Gamestop wasn't having a midnight release for this game so I just picked it up the next day right when they opened. I rushed home slapped it in my PlayStation and started my journey. Let me tell you.. that journey won't be soon forgotten. I will admit the game isn't "flawless" it has some small bugs and glitches here and there but those can't and won't take you out of game and stop you from enjoying it. It has a pretty lengthy story, about 12-14 hours. Aside from that you have multiplayer. This multiplayer suits the game well, its tense, fun, and strategic. You pick a faction Hunter or Fireflies. Once you do that you embark on a 12 week adventure that has you trying to keep your clan safe and healthy. Occasionally there will be events that come up that have the chance to take out a certain percentage of your clan, it could vary from 25% to a brutal 100%. If you fail an event that happens to be 100% everybody dies and you are forced to restart. So overall The Last of Us is a title that YOU, as a PlayStation 3 owner, need to own. I give The Last of Us a 10 out 10 Expand
  17. Aug 15, 2013
    Where do I start?
    This game is phenomenal, expect to get attached to the characters from the very start until the very end.
    The last of us is set in a post-apocalypse world where a fungus infection has wiped out 60% of humanity. You play as Joel, a survivor who is on a journey with a girl called Ellie. The environment and atmosphere is truly amazing and you can actually feel the bond
    Where do I start?
    You play as Joel, a survivor who is on a journey with a girl called Ellie. The environment and atmosphere is truly amazing and you can actually feel the bond between the characters as you progress in the game. This game is by far the best game in this console generation, until GTA V comes out at least.
  18. Aug 19, 2013
    Naughty Dog doesn't make trash. In SCE the are best. Irrefutable proof- The Last of Us. TLoU is perfect game. I don't know what to say else. You should buy PS3 for it.
  19. Aug 19, 2013
    Let me start by prefacing this to say I don't believe this game is perfect. It has it's flaws, but giving it a perfect score doesn't mean that it's perfect, rather that I just couldn't add anything else to it, within reason, to make it even better.

This game has a superb story, as long as you like apocalyptic games. It is appropriate for the setting and is not as predictable as many imply. It's not simply a rehash of a zombie game.

It has about the best graphics you can find on a PS3 game. Some people complain about it having no 1080p support, but that's irrelevant. Getting it to render at a higher resolution than 720p would mean losing detail given that rendering power is limited. Environments are lifelike and they look like an art masterpiece.

Animation is beautifully done, as well as voice acting. They match like you couldn't believe it. You'll feel like the characters are real.

Game-play is completely appropriate to the setting, it feels and behaves like the person handling the gun isn't a gun expert, and it should feel like that, even if it can feel frustrating some times. It feels intended, especially considering the amount of thought that went into the other areas.

I could go on and on regarding the other aspects. However, in the end this game isn't about providing the best mechanics or game-play you can find, there are other games for that. It's about delivering a best-in-class cinematic experience, and if you can accept that, this will probably be one of the best games you've ever played.

I bought a PS3 for this game, and this game only, and I'm keeping it to be able to relive this experience in the future.
  20. Aug 20, 2013
    I have been a Sony fanboy since the launch of the ps2. I loved my PS2 when I got it, from tony hawk to ratchet and clank and let's not forget Jak and Daxter. So when the time came for the ps3 I was beyond excited. But honestly there was never really anything that made me feel I needed to buy one. Not until Uncharted 3 which is when I decided to get one. After that I didn't really knowI have been a Sony fanboy since the launch of the ps2. I loved my PS2 when I got it, from tony hawk to ratchet and clank and let's not forget Jak and Daxter. So when the time came for the ps3 I was beyond excited. But honestly there was never really anything that made me feel I needed to buy one. Not until Uncharted 3 which is when I decided to get one. After that I didn't really know what to get other than old games I wanted to play but never did, but then there was The Last of Us. Not only is it a great game, but it makes you feel great to call yourself a gamer, Naughty Dog really know how to make a game that is thank you to their fans. From gameplay, to story, yo acting this game has it all! I can't recommend it enough! It makes me happy to call myself a Sony fanboy! Expand
  21. Aug 21, 2013
    Easily my favourite game and my game of the year for this year and also my third favourite game of all time just getting bumped out by the walking dead and skyrim
  22. Aug 25, 2013
    This game is perfect. The story is as engrossing and compelling as the best TV series and books and the simple interface reflects perfectly the setting of the game and the atmosphere within which you are consumed. Phenomenal game. Buy a console if you have to just to play this game.
  23. Sep 1, 2013
    A wonderful adventure with a compelling attitude! You'll be driven from start to finish with the awesome gameplay, and intense cinematic's! If you loved the Uncharted series, then this game is right up your alley bringing full ammunition of fun and excitement!
  24. Jan 14, 2014
    Naughty Dog makes good games. Really good games. The Last of Us premise sounded fairly basic, and not something I usually go for: post-apocalyptic zombies vs regular people. Of course, they had a new twist--the zombies were victims of a fungal brain infection. Still not enough I would likely have tried it ... Except these are the people who made the Uncharted games.

Graphics: Gorgeous.

Graphics:
    Gorgeous. A dirty, post-apocalyptic world never looked so good. Seriously, the shadows and reflections are stunning.

Story:
    Let's just say I was still thinking about the ending days later. The characters are fully realized, with unique and compelling personalities, true to themselves. Both protagonists have moments when you might not even like them, but you always kind of love them. You feel them. Especially, Ellie, who is surprisingly sassy.

Gameplay:
    Heavy focus on stealth, with plenty of combat and a few environmental puzzles, though nothing as deep as Uncharted. Everything performs so smoothly the control scheme disappears. You can almost forget you're playing a game.

Because resources like ammo are scarce, you're always trying to deal with or avoid enemies in quiet ways without alerting them. Like silent takedowns, which are a real pleasure, and take just long enough to make you nervous someone's buddy will spot you doing it.

There are also some upgrades available, both to your character, and even more fun, to your individual weapons. You can increase the clip capacity, reload speed, and so forth. A system that carries over into Newgame +, which I actually tried out a bit just to continue enjoying the enhancement system.

Overall 10/10
  25. Dec 25, 2013
    I'd say this game is a masterpiece, and I'd accept the critique. But I won't. This isn't a game. It's an experience.
    The Last of Us is out of this world. Number one ever. My favorite game of all times. It's just so incredible. I can't put my feelings into words.
  26. Sep 12, 2013
    I'll be brief. PLAY THIS GAME.

Why should you? -It's narrative and characters are the first to ever feel "Human", rather than superficial and "videogamey" -Great pacing that always keeps you on the edge -Narrative and Characters feel very "weighty" and emotional. Never to soap-opera ish. Always feels like a well done Hollywood Apoclaypse drama (akin to the road) -Just outstanding
    I'll be brief. PLAY THIS GAME.

Why should you?

-Great pacing that always keeps you on the edge
    -Just outstanding production values all the way around
    -Very tense in moments.
    -Fantastic OST by Gustavo Santalla.

I can go on and on. Please, if you have a ps3, or are considering purchasing a ps3 for this game, than please for the love of god do. You seriously won't regret it.

Cons?

Some I guess, It's not perfect, but nothing ever is:

-After the incredible first 15 minutes, the first few hours are a bit of a drag and might feel slow. So don't get dissapointed if you find yourself a bit bored in the first few hours. It honestly picks up, I swear it does.

-Never enough. Wouldn't have minded another level or 2.

But please play this game. Support Naughty Dog, Playstation, because they honestly deserve every single penny.
  27. Sep 12, 2013
    The Last of Us has graphics that will blow your mind it has a storyline that will make want to see more and more.This game is the best video game i have ever played.this game is just incredible. This is a video game like no other. nothing can possibly be better than The last of Us.
  28. Sep 16, 2013
    The best game of this console generation, Period. Great Narrative, made me feel like i was really in a apocalyptic world. the interactions between the two protagonist and the plot itself is worth praising. Thanks Naughty Dog...Thanks.
  29. Sep 21, 2013
    awesome game .The Last of Us is one of the best games I have ever played truly is phenomenal.all of Naughty Dog's games are awesome.Such an immersing world
  30. Sep 21, 2013
    The Last of Us is not only the best exclusive title of the seventh generation of video gaming, but also stands as a triumph as one of the greatest games ever made. Naughty Dog has brought together a game that is harrowing, beautiful, graphic and disturbing. An in-depth look at the human spirit and the will to survive despite the circumstances, The Last of Us stands as one of the mostThe Last of Us is not only the best exclusive title of the seventh generation of video gaming, but also stands as a triumph as one of the greatest games ever made. Naughty Dog has brought together a game that is harrowing, beautiful, graphic and disturbing. An in-depth look at the human spirit and the will to survive despite the circumstances, The Last of Us stands as one of the most in-depth and beautiful games ever conceived.
    Featuring a story that starts off safe, but builds into one of the grand achievements in video games, The Last of Us is memorable and stands tall above the competition, setting a bar of achievements that all other companies in any medium are going to have a hard time matching.
    Top of the line gameplay, characters and character development, a stunning score and beautiful visuals and a surprisingly realistic setting make The Last of Us not only the game to play in 2013, but the game to play if you have any interest in video games, period.
  31. Dec 30, 2013
    Sensational !......I just created an account to give my feedback on this game. I will rather describe this in few words than a long review.
    Sensational/ Outstanding/ master of masterpieces/ Amazing Awesome.
  32. Mar 13, 2014
    Is surprising the awesomeness of this game. The characters, the plot, the gameplay, the graphics, the scenario and all in this game are great. Worth every single penny that you spend in this game. The Last of Us is a masterpiece!
  33. Dec 20, 2014
    Game play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. TheGame play: is good, not great and is kept fresh with the constant obtaining of new weapons. story: is very generic, predictable and all of the side characters are just there to die. Graphics: undeniably the best part of this game, i was amazed by how good this game looks. The lighting is flawless, the settings are captivating and the animations of the characters is very life like. The voice acting is also amazing and you can really hear the emotion in the two main characters very time they speak.. Overall the last of us is one of the most polished gaming experiences I've ever had, but the game play and story do fall short of my expectations, especially given all the hype surrounding the game. I would give the game an 8.3., it is well worth your time. Expand
  34. Dec 29, 2013
    Well. It's great game. Must have for every Ps3 owner. Plot is just great Joel and Ellie are most holding in memory characters ever created. Naughty Dog can make awesome games
  35. Dec 30, 2013
    The Last Of Us is not just the best PS3 Game it is the best game ever made
    The Game Has Amazing Story beautiful Graphics it is the easiest 10 i have ever given a game
  36. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game that has outstanding depth and character development, along with a fantastic story, questionable decisions, and towards the end, an almost seemingly unethical turn around for the entire game. Just to point out, I have used the spoilers disclaimer, and I rarely use it; this review does contain some pretty big spoilers, so just in case you disputed the disclaimer, please bear that in mind.

So, to start with, the game opens with an incredibly emotional scenario; starting off as Joel's daughter, you end up caught in an escalating event, an incredibly dramatic set up for the entire story. Passing through the town, and into the city, the game throws some incredibly elaborate (and some rather subtle) set pieces that truly drag you deep into the catastrophe. This immersion is something which should be plentiful nowadays, unfortunately isn't. It really shows how far Naughty Dog have come since their debut with Crash Bandicoot. The intro makes you think, and feel, as though you are truly there.

The game itself is set twenty years later, beginning in a tight quarantine zone. Throughout the game, you will experience a plethora of various environments; cityscapes, suburbs, sewers, city outskirts and forests, and small towns. Whilst the most commonplace is downtown cities, the game definitely mixes it up with varied and beautifully detailed areas, which definitely keep the game fresh.

Throughout the game, Joel and Ellie (a young girl who seems to hold the key to immunity to the disease) develop in ways I personally rarely see in games, with exception to Spec Ops; The Line. Several decisions they make could be questioned on their necessity, and towards the end, Joel becomes something almost barbaric. This character development should be noted, as it begins to blur the line as to who the bad guys REALLY are. At the end of the game, Joel makes probably the most controversial decision in the entire game; killing those that could be considered the saviours of mankind, all to protect Ellie. Whether this move could be considered good or evil is far from difficult, and leaves the player thinking hard, long after the game is over.

In terms of gameplay, the survival aspects are fantastic, the combat brutal (bullet shots FEEL like bullet shots, each taking a huge impact on the player), and overall, keeps you on the edge at all times. Expect to die a lot, but also to feel satisfied should you make it through. This game is not for the faint of heart, but giving you the option of either stealth or guns blazing is something which can involve a far greater range of audience. Expect, however, to have to perform both, as supplies are scarce, and complete stealth throughout the entire game is expected only of true gaming ninjas. Prepare to put up a fight.

Overall, the game is fantastic and diverse, with occasional break points, where you are free to just wander around and take in each environment, gathering supplies for further confrontation. Combat is, of course, plentiful, and this game suits those looking for both a good story, and a game that provides decent stealth and survival aspects on the side. Should those meet your needs, buy this game. It's far beyond worth it. I haven't yet touched multiplayer, but in the singleplayer alone, this game is well deserving of a 10/10.

Naughty Dog have done it again.
  37. Jan 11, 2014
    Naughty Bear's Left 4 Dead 3 is a stellar game that should get attention from every video game fanatic. You fight your way through necromorphs and the rebel alliance along with your AI partner Ellen Page,
  38. Jan 2, 2014
    This,this game is a masterpiece. I don't care what you think otherwise but this 50$ or £40 is the best you'll spend/or would spend in 2013/2014 Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this, it is even better than a classic for the PS one 'Crash Bandicoot'.Although the start is very hard to swallow with the slowness and the death of his daughter,but that over comes itself with the bondage thatThis,this game is a masterpiece. I don't care what you think otherwise but this 50$ or £40 is the best you'll spend/or would spend in 2013/2014 Naughty Dog outdid themselves with this, it is even better than a classic for the PS one 'Crash Bandicoot'.Although the start is very hard to swallow with the slowness and the death of his daughter,but that over comes itself with the bondage that him and Ellie grow over the course of this magnificent game. The detail here is mind blowing it pushes the PS3 to the limit,i'm glad i chose this console over the XBOX 360 becuase even though if i had an XBOX 360 i would go out my way and buy a PS3 and this game,and i would play it over and over,but i have already done that and i saved some money also.All pf this was based on the Single Player,now onto the MP or what it's called in the menu 'Factions'.This game wouldn't need that game mode,it would still get those 10/10's 5/5's and 100./100's but with that stealth/survivor mode it makes the game so more fun and adds much replay value.In that mode you start with nearly nothing and it makes you open little red tool boxes with the tools part and crafting materials so you can help your team win.You going have to choose between the rebellion side and the Firefly side which are mentioned in the single player and Joel must help the firefly leader to deliver a 'Package'.But in here you don't come close to do stuff like that,you have your own 'clan' that you must need to feed and expand by doing good in your matches and then you collect 'food' to make sure your survivors are healthy well fed and not hungry.

If you are wanting to buy this masterpiece of a game i recommend doing it now,this moment,run.
    And if you have an XBOX buy a ps3 and this game or buy the game and go to a friend that has a ps3 push him out the way and play it.
  39. Jan 3, 2014
    I'm going to start this review by making a bold statement. The Last of Us is the best PlayStation 3 game you will ever play. The timing of this game's release, a few months before the PlayStation 4 is no co-incidence. The PS3 has had a good run, but developers have finally reached the limit with the quality of gaming they can produce, but what a way to finish.

The Last of Us is set in

The Last of Us is set in the U.S.A. after the cordyceps infection has ravaged the human race, turning humans into vicious, aggressive, almost rabid-like creatures. The game follows the story of Joel, as he attempts to smuggle Ellie, who is immune to the disease, across the country to safety, with plenty of surprises on the way (I'm being deliberately vague to avoid spoilers). The plot almost resembles a movie script rather than a video game; you'll understand if you've played the game. The ending (again without giving away any plot details) brilliantly leaves the plot open for a sequel; Sony also recently registered domain names relating to The Last of Us 2 and The Last of Us 3 read into that what you will.

Whilst technically a linear game, The Last of Us is probably as close to an open-world game as a linear can be; exploration, strategy and resources play a key part in the game. The combat system in The Last of Us is probably as a real a combat experience as you will get on a video game. Much like real-life, resources are very limited and weapons are very powerful. You can't simply hide from enemies and wait for your health to regenerate, instead the player must use health packs, which can be either acquired or created by the player using resources.

The player can use a variety of firearms in the game, ranging from pistols, to shotguns, to hunting rifles. As ammunition is hard to come by, as in reality, players are often better off using melee weapons, such as baseball bats and planks of wood. Both firearms and melee weapons can be upgraded using parts (a resource which can be found).

Resources are one of the most important aspects of The Last of Us, the player can use them as weapons, ammunition, to distract enemies, replenish their health, upgrade weapons or to access certain areas. Resources such as health packs can also be created by crafting raw materials collected by the player.

The player also has the ability to upgrade weapons using collectable tools, and the opportunity to upgrade their character by collecting bottles of pills.

Whilst it's clear that Naughty Dog focused on the single-play, they have included a multiplayer element as well. Like other Naughty Dog games, it's relatively poor compared to the single-player, but The Last of Us' multiplayer, known as Factions, is a good attempt. The multiplayer takes place in the same environment as the game. Players choose one of two Factions, Fireflies (in yellow) and Hunters (in blue). There are no special abilities which are unique to any faction. The player leads a clan of survivors through 12 weeks, gathering supplies in order to advance the clan. Each match counts as one day, and supplies must be gathered to supply the clan; if the necessary supplies aren't gathered then clan members will begin to get hungry, get ill or die. Clan members can then be healed by reaching the required numbers of supplies. The Factions game mode can also be linked to Facebook.

To sum it up, The Last of Us will be, in my opinion, the best PS3 exclusive you will ever play, and possibly the best game you'll ever play on PS3 (the only real game that could compete with it is Grand Theft Auto V). The plot will keep you entertained for hours, and probably more.
  40. Jan 7, 2014
    My favourite single player game of all time.

The story was incredibly addictive, made me never want to put my controller down, and like a good book, I found myself thinking about the characters when I wasn't playing it.

If you play one game in your lifetime, make it this game.
  41. Jan 15, 2014
    It's true, in my opinion, that it doesn't live up to the hype. But that doesn't stop it from being a complete pleasure to play. I would have awarded it more points, but the story (whilst being very strong) didn't resonate with me on the emotional level I really wanted. Yet stunning visuals and fun gameplay easily make it one of the best games of 2013
  42. Jan 15, 2014
    This is the best game ever made since Final Fantasy VII IMO. This should be GOTY and this is top 5 game of all time in my top 10 list !!!. GTA V is overrated and this game is way better.
  43. Jan 16, 2014
    Not for the faint of heart. This is the kind of game that is so dark, gritty and uncompromisingly brutal, that you are probably gonna want to take a shower. I don't know how I didn't play this sooner. The Last of Us features, in my opinion, the most engrossing story in the history of video games. Everything about the game is heart-wrenching. You feel the pain, sadness, and utter despairNot for the faint of heart. This is the kind of game that is so dark, gritty and uncompromisingly brutal, that you are probably gonna want to take a shower. I don't know how I didn't play this sooner. The Last of Us features, in my opinion, the most engrossing story in the history of video games. Everything about the game is heart-wrenching. You feel the pain, sadness, and utter despair through every moment.

The combat is fantastic and is an example for all 3rd person shooters. Fantastic mechanics, good cover system, and endless possibilities in terms of taking on enemies. The gameplay feels so natural, it is often panic-inducing.

As if the story isn't worth the price tag, the multiplayer is endlessly entertaining. Unlike run-of-the-mill multiplayer experiences (COD for example), this requires teamwork and smart use of resources. It can be a little overwhelming at first. It has a pretty steep learning curve, but after getting acquainted with the single player, it becomes second nature. I tend to burnout on games after 10 hours or so, but The Last of Us is an exception.

Graphics are A+. Can't say anything more.

If you enjoy intense gaming experiences and want something that will stick with you, play this NOW.
  44. Jan 25, 2014
    Mine think its the best game ever my life what i have ever played, i have played in pc many years, now i got ps3 and when i get hands on The Last Of Us its just looks phenomenal, it's masterpiece. I finished game two days ago and in end i realized, how can be game that awesome all if this game is so perfect and beautiful. Mine think its yes the best game ever, seriously.

NaughtyDog has

NaughtyDog has made excellent work agin. I thinking do purchase Post-Pandemic Edition or Survival Edition, probably Survival one. If this game self even cost 300€ i will definitely buy that without think about that. Thants are mine rating of that game.

Also i have allready pre-orded Left Behind SP DLC, cannot wait when 14 come :P
    So now if i see rating overall that game ign/gamespot/eurogamer all give max points.

The Last Of Us - Masterpiece Art of game.
  45. Feb 20, 2014
    Personally I think journey is the best game ever but TLoU comes second and still gets a 10. There were some flaws in the game - invisible sniper anyone???? and there were so many instances where i lost immersion, like ellie and the clickers and how in the ending the game got super hard... ND you should know better!!!!

But my goodness if you werent moved by this game you have a heart of

But my goodness if you werent moved by this game you have a heart of stone. I cried more in the game than in the last harry potter book! People who say games are only for kids or to waste time are stoopid! and should play this game cause they'll realize their backwards views are wrong.

Now i want ND to make a new ip every four years i'm sick of stupid sequels. People read masterpiece books so shouldn't people play masterpiece games over and over???? Think about it.

But anyway obvious goty and snobs who say "OMG isn't on PC" dont deserve to play this masterpiece.
  46. Feb 25, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Great visuals, great game play value and amazing story line. This also came with one of the best single player D.L.C updates. Would recommend this game to everyone, except twitch shooter junkies and Facebook game players. If you are exempt from these two, and have an intelligence level higher than 50.I.q. then you will love this game.
  47. Feb 27, 2014
    The last of us is not just any ordinary video game. It's more of an experience. This game is rated Mature because of the the issues it deals with. It dares to tread where no other games would. It shows us what we really are capable of and the things that might happen when all hope is lost. It makes us question our morality. This is not just a game, it is so much more. It proves that gamingThe last of us is not just any ordinary video game. It's more of an experience. This game is rated Mature because of the the issues it deals with. It dares to tread where no other games would. It shows us what we really are capable of and the things that might happen when all hope is lost. It makes us question our morality. This is not just a game, it is so much more. It proves that gaming can be an art form. this is a truly remarkable game. It deserves all the plaudits because it truly is the Greatest game ever made. This game will be remembered for a long long time Expand
  48. Mar 5, 2014
    This will probably go down as one of my favorite games of this console generation (being a close second behind Red Dead Redemption). From the story to the combat, everything felt fresh and new. Playing it on survivor mode also added to the intensity with limited supplies. I can see a lot of FPS people not liking this game but I see that as more so not liking anything that isn't a FPS asThis will probably go down as one of my favorite games of this console generation (being a close second behind Red Dead Redemption). From the story to the combat, everything felt fresh and new. Playing it on survivor mode also added to the intensity with limited supplies. I can see a lot of FPS people not liking this game but I see that as more so not liking anything that isn't a FPS as opposed to not actually liking the game itself. The story was actually better than most blockbuster movies you would see these days. If you liked other Naughty Dog titles like Uncharted then you'll love this game. However if you don't usually play anything outside of COD and combat is way more important to you than story/visuals then this may not be for you. Personally I loved it. Expand
  49. Mar 14, 2014
    The Last Of Us is a true gaming marvel. It achieves the pinnacle of story telling along with a fantastic combat system. The game may have a few bugs, like when you're sneaking around infected or hunters, your companions might walk right in front of them or run around the place and not get detected.

I believe this game is at it's best when Joel an Ellie are battling with hunters and covering on another. A moment that made me smile was when I was out of ammo in my guns, Ellie shouted out "Hey, a**hole!" and then threw a brick at him allowing me to run at him and smash his head against the wall.

Naughty Dog have really outdone themselves once again. Even with Uncharted, I got bored of the combat eventually, because it just felt like I was being forced through these repetitive combat sequences to get to the next cut scene. But with The Last Of Us, I didn't feel this was whatsoever. I enjoyed the combat system because it felt fluid and realistic. Every punch of your fist or smack of a metal pipe felt like it had weight to it. I especially liked how after getting shot or hit in the face, Joel's nose or other part of his face might be bleeding.

Each combat (or stealth) sequence also felt unique. Different areas allow for different strategies, will I go up on that balcony and get a vantage point, or will I just sneak by and avoid a confrontation entirely. These are the choices that give this game a feeling of originality.

The Last Of Us is one of the defining game of every generation, it blends immersive combat with a truly great story about a middle aged man and a teenage girl crossing the United States of America which has been desolated by an infection.
  50. Mar 15, 2014
    GOOD: great and engaging story, good characters, plays out like a movie, superb first impressions, beautiful and lush environments, very hard, makes you feel cautious throughout the entire game, excellent crafting system, awesome guns and equipment, you have the need to use everything which makes you feel like nothing in the game is useless, have to find equipment because resources areGOOD: great and engaging story, good characters, plays out like a movie, superb first impressions, beautiful and lush environments, very hard, makes you feel cautious throughout the entire game, excellent crafting system, awesome guns and equipment, you have the need to use everything which makes you feel like nothing in the game is useless, have to find equipment because resources are scarce, Ellie is a good partner, got to play as Ellie, fun multiplayer in which you also have to be cautious, one of the creepiest boss battles ever, and a nice ending

BAD: capped at 720P, I did not have the need to get every single collectible

FINAL VERDICT: Games like this makes people think why we need a new console generation every 7 years. The Last Of Us is easily the best Sony exclusive ever made and one of the top 10 best games ever.
    Worth $60 dollars and worth buying a PS3 just to play it. This game should be played by everyone single gamer.
  51. Aug 3, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay, graphics, storyline controls all thought out well and makes for a game that will always remember look forward to playing again in the remastered version.
  52. Mar 16, 2014
    It's hard to find words that can describe this game, but all i can say is wow. This game is pure brilliant and by far the best game that i have ever played. If you are thinking of getting this game - do. I can't recommend it enough and you will not regret buying it.
  53. Mar 18, 2014
    I bought my PS3 for GTA V. During the waiting period (for its release) I went into a game store where I found some PS3 games. I looked at The Last of Us, having never seen it before, and I liked the cover art, so I figured, why the heck not. Take a chance, I thought. I bought it. And it was one of the best decisions in my life.

I completed the game three times already and I'm ready to

I completed the game three times already and I'm ready to begin playing it for the fourth time. This game is the definition of addiction. I can't get enough of the excellent story, interesting world and remarkable characters this game is offering. Joel and Ellie are absolutely great. Ellie is actually my favourite game character ever. And I played a lot of games, trust me.

The soundtrack is, in my opinion, one of the best game soundtracks ever. The songs composed by Gustavo Santaolalla are absolutely touching and will remain in your head long after finishing the game. In my case, I think they'll always remain in my head. It's true art.

This is the only game which I rated 7/7 in my personal notebook (yes, I rate games out of 7, don't ask!). Out of hundreds and hundreds of games this one just got me good. So if you are considering buying it... if you like great story, great gameplay, great atmosphere, great characters, great music, great visuals, do it. You won't regret it. I swear.

So in the end I liked The Last of Us better than GTA V, the game which I bought my console for.

Thank you Naughty Dog for creating this masterpiece.
    Patrick
  54. Mar 30, 2014
    What hasn't been said about this game that hasn't already been said. This game is a masterpiece, a stroke of pure genius from Naughty Dog. From the story to the multiplayer, there is no excuse not to play this game. Its a force of nature. The story is unforgivingly tragic and straight forward, unlike most games on the market. The performances are Oscar worthy and deserve nearly all theWhat hasn't been said about this game that hasn't already been said. This game is a masterpiece, a stroke of pure genius from Naughty Dog. From the story to the multiplayer, there is no excuse not to play this game. Its a force of nature. The story is unforgivingly tragic and straight forward, unlike most games on the market. The performances are Oscar worthy and deserve nearly all the praise it's been getting. The multiplayer is fantastic and is a breath of fresh air for Battlefield or CoD fans. If you own a PS3, there is no reason that you shouldn't buy this game, it's a masterpiece. Expand
  55. Mar 23, 2014
    If I could give this game an 11 out of 10 then I would. In terms of graphics, story, gameplay and mechanics this masterpiece is lightyears ahead of anything out there at the moment. Currently on my 7th playthrough and it hasn't lost one bit of thrill. An absolute must buy if you have a PS3. If you do have a PS3 and not this game then WHAT ARE YOU DOING !!!???
  56. Mar 26, 2014
    Perfection doesn't exist. The Last Of Us on PS3 shouldn't exist either. What sorcery is this? How is the PS3 able to have this jewel in its crown? Naughty Dog used dark magic on the PS1 to create the Crash Bandicoot games, and again on the PS3 to create Uncharted 2, but this game... it's the equivalent of Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, a game that shouldn't exist on thatPerfection doesn't exist. The Last Of Us on PS3 shouldn't exist either. What sorcery is this? How is the PS3 able to have this jewel in its crown? Naughty Dog used dark magic on the PS1 to create the Crash Bandicoot games, and again on the PS3 to create Uncharted 2, but this game... it's the equivalent of Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, a game that shouldn't exist on that system, but it does. Expand
  57. Mar 24, 2014
    Naughty Dog did it again. They created an awesome game with an awesome storyline, awesome movements, awesome and scary enemies and of course awesome scenarios and graphics. This game is the best.
  58. Mar 28, 2014
    Easily the best game of 2013. The story is one of the most emotional ones out there, the graphics are amazing and the fact it's running on old hardware is also amazing. The multiplayer is good which you usually in single-player based games there bad. If you don't own a ps3 this is a good reason to get one.
  59. Apr 11, 2014
    If you have a PS3 and do not have this masterpiece, I absolutely advise you to... A. Purchase this game now on PS3. or B. Buy this game for PS4 when it releases near summer of this year.

I cannot tell you anything else besides the fact that this game has everything: < Next-gen looking graphics < An amazing story that makes you cry and smile and laugh with Joel and Ellie because you

I cannot tell you anything else besides the fact that this game has everything:
    < Next-gen looking graphics
    < An amazing story that makes you cry and smile and laugh with Joel and Ellie because you feel emotionally attached to them
    < Fluid and intense gameplay
    < Great atmosphere and level design
    < And much more...

GOTY 2013 for me absolutely.
  60. May 20, 2014
    A true masterpiece, a generation defining game, and one of the best games you'll ever get to play.
    The Last Of Us is the culmination of the seventh generation of consoles and one of the best games ever made in history, it's amazing story makes you get attached to Ellie and Joel in a way that you just can't imagine, and it has some of the most engaging and realistic gameplay a game has ever had.

In 25 years from now it will still be played and remembered as a cult video game like no other.
  61. Apr 23, 2014
    Absolutely superb. Fantastic, emotional and engaging story. Very smooth combat with smart enemies so you have to think on your plan of attack. Graphics are mindblowing with very detailed and realistic looking characters and environments. Overall I believe that this is one of the best games of all time. 10/10
  62. May 22, 2014
    What makes this a Naughty Dog game and not simply a retread is the studio's use of actors, music, environments, characters, and gameplay. Everything here flows together beautifully much like the paintings of Leonardo da Vinci.
  63. Aug 21, 2014
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    This is not a video game, this is interactive experience and absolutely the best game I have ever played.
    This is not a review, this is a love letter to Naughty dog :)
    First of all, I don't,like Apocalypse, games, somehow they are not exactly my cup of tea. But this lifeless world is in a specific way full of life. Life, your life and way more important, girls life. The way i felt while playing The Last of us i felt so emotional and the atmosphere was so intensive that i could feel the weight of a burden to preserve girls life. Very story driven, absolutely awesome characters and great actors. Game design is great and I mean in functional and aesthetic way. Foliage is greener than in far cry witch is synonym for paradise on virtual earth.
    Stealth great, AI very good, combat very good, graphics stellar ( how PS 3 could handle this I don't, know)
    In any way a must have game.
    Clear 10 :)
  64. Jul 15, 2014
    It astonishes me with amount of people who dislike this game. Although, I can agree it's not for everyone, it's still a fantastic game.

The gameplay is simple, but it has a lot of variety and allows different ways to approach levels. You can sneak past while throwing a bottle or brick to distract your enemies, or you can run through the level shooting and beating the crap out of enemies. Yes, its not like Metal Gear or Deus Ex, but that's because it's not supposed to be.

The Last Of Us has a simple, yet effective story with beautiful and immerse levels. You play as Joel. He'sin his early forties (or so I estimated) twenty years after the apocalypse started. You are then given your objective with escorting Ellie through a run down city. Simple. I know, but as you progress the story becomes more of a more human and emotional story.

Voice acting is superb. Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson play the characters of Joel and Ellie quite well.

The multiplayer is definitely amazing. It takes all the in game elements of the single player, and adds it to the multiplayer. Note that teamwork is key to survival.

In conclusion The Last Of Us is a beautifully, immerse game, with superb characters, fun gameplay, and a emotional tale told well. It's not for everybody, but if you're a fan of Naughty Dog, then you'll love this masterpiece. Also you can skip cut-scenes if they aren't for you.
  65. Jul 19, 2014
    This game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keepThis game accomplishes what many games seek to do but fall short of doing. By far the best looking game on the PS3 I've seen, and I find it difficult to switch back to other games after playing The Last of Us due to the difference in visual quality. On top of that it has a phenomenal story behind it with characters you become attached to. These two qualities alone make you want to keep playing the game until you beat it. Add into these factors that it has great game mechanics and the option to choose how to play. After beating the game you have the option of multiplayer, which is tied into the story mode and has unique gameplay settings that I haven't personally seen combined into one game before, or since. All of these things add up to make the best game on the PlayStation console, and one of the best games ever as well. It's unique place in the world of gaming opens it up to non-gamers as well for the captivating cutscenes are available to watch in the option settings. Expand
  66. Aug 3, 2014
    I don't know what to say, I don't remember much... because it blew my mind. There is nothing left of me except the awestruck face I am frozen with. Never ever will I dismiss games as being just for adolescents again. Do your country justice and buy this game NOW!!!
  67. Dec 27, 2015
    I played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of theI played it over a year after the release, was afraid I would play another overrated modern game and I was happily surprised to find that I was wrong. The game as some defaults such as some annoying (but very rare) contacts with other characters when you crouch and try to pass some monsters and I found Ellie to be too vulgar, too often. But pretty much everything else is great. One of the best looking if not the best looking game of this console generation, the way the story evolves is very well put, there is a real sensation of survival. The game encourages stealth without impeaching you to just be a brute at times. The environments are really good, vegetation growing all over the place in major cities. Expand
  68. Oct 3, 2014
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game.

but i was wrong!,this game is truly masterpiece,and probably my fav game of all times. The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!. The gameplay in this game is one best third person shooter gameplay ive ever played,you can craft items,do a stealth and use melee attack. the guns sound in this
    When the First time I heard this game..I thought its just another zombie game.

The strory was beautiful,memorable and fantastic!.

the guns sound in this game is feels so real and also i love how the death animation feels so real and brutal

graphics... best grapchis on ps3 nuff say

I strongly recommend this game to peoples who had ps3

also I really love Ellie shes so cute :D
  69. Oct 12, 2014
    This is one of my top ten games that I have played. it's got good graphics and an amazing story line, if you enjoyed the walking dead you would probably like the last of us too.
  70. Nov 22, 2014
    It was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able toIt was a bit strange. I started the game on and it was Uncharted. I played through it, and it was nothing like Uncharted. It was a game world I wanted to be in (not literally of course). But while I was playing it, I felt like I was there. It hit home with me - the world, the characters, the places, the enemies... I was missing such gaming qualities for so many years and I was able to realized that just now.
    For me, though, the first few hours wasn't very good. Somewhere in the 30% progress in the game, I was thinking about abandoning it as I was not even hooked and mostly annoyed... Am I a thankful I didn't. Not quite sure what exactly did it, but being on the verge of hating the game, I was subconsciously starting to fall in love with it. And there are some other games I would give 10/10, but this one, in addition, is something quite special. And I do miss it quite a lot.
  71. Nov 22, 2014
    A true masterpiece on every level. Great story, wonderful characters, perfect voice acting, intense combat, fun multiplayer, beautiful graphics, difficult enemies, etc. etc. There is so much this game does good that it is hard to find any flaws in a otherwise perfect game. It is a game that will be remembered and played for generations. This game isn't for everyone though, so if you can'tA true masterpiece on every level. Great story, wonderful characters, perfect voice acting, intense combat, fun multiplayer, beautiful graphics, difficult enemies, etc. etc. There is so much this game does good that it is hard to find any flaws in a otherwise perfect game. It is a game that will be remembered and played for generations. This game isn't for everyone though, so if you can't appreciate a game focusing on story rather then gameplay then this isn't for you. Expand
  72. Nov 19, 2014
    If you own a ps3. You NEED this game. The replay value is questionable, online multiplayer is usually fun, but has some network connection flaws. The game itself is perfectly crafted.
  73. Nov 21, 2014
    this game is amazing it succeeds in every aspect possible (graphics,sound,story,gameplay,etc). the story is great and the characters and voice acting are among the best i have ever seen in a videogame. if you own a ps3 or ps4 you have to buy this game is the best seventh generation game and currently the best game in the eight generation
  74. Apr 1, 2016
    The attention to detail and the care the actors took to portray the real grit of the game was astounding. This game is miles above its competition. It's one of the very few games that has earned its respect. Understandably the hype has caused some to hate on the game or has clouded their sense of fulfilment in the game (coming after the hype means that you're actively scanning for flawsThe attention to detail and the care the actors took to portray the real grit of the game was astounding. This game is miles above its competition. It's one of the very few games that has earned its respect. Understandably the hype has caused some to hate on the game or has clouded their sense of fulfilment in the game (coming after the hype means that you're actively scanning for flaws rather than enjoying the experience). This game does not need you to read this review, it is undeniably a masterpiece. The crafting together of complex subtleties in narrative alone would warrant it praise. Expand
  75. Jun 25, 2015
    There is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype thisThere is no doubt this is a good game. The graphics are good, the engine is solid and the story is interesting. The gameplay is tense and fun, reminiscent of Gears or any other well executed cover based shooter. It ticks every box. However, don't expect the rush of 'feelings' so many reviewers purport to having. The story is above par, but did I get any feels? Nope. I believe the hype this gets is due to an 'emperor's new clothes' scenario.

Definitely worth playing, just don't expect the all conquering, epitome of greatness it's made out to be.
  76. Oct 14, 2015
    My biggest fear for this game is that people will think its just another zombie game (of which there are many). This game is incredible. Graphics are very good - probably the best on the old ps3. But its the story and the characters that really set this game apart. Best storyline I have ever played in a game.
  77. Nov 18, 2015
    This game is definetly one of a kind.

This game is definetly one of a kind.

Amazing story with characters that are more human than most people in this day and age. It's an insight on what the world could be like, very good game if you like Walking Dead or are a fan of Zombie films. This game actually provides a challenge, not the big guns, lots of ammo, shoot 'em ups that consoles are in abundance of of. This game actually makes you feel like you have accomplished something great. It received alot of hype and still does, if you haven't played this title, pick it up (at a great price) now!
  78. Feb 10, 2016
    The end of the campaign left me speechless. Never before has a game touched me at such an emotional level. Everything about this game was executed perfectly. From the graphics, to the controls, to the voice acting and more, this game was utterly perfect. If you are a PlayStation user and don't have this game.... What the **** are you doing? Go get it NOW!
  79. Feb 9, 2016
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT BUYING IT, JUST GOD DAMN BUY IT!!! YOU WONT REGRET IT! But seriously i friggen love this game, ive played it for 7 hours straight once lmao
  80. Feb 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Rarely will anything get a perfect score from me, but this game is a masterpiece. Naughty Dog has done it again. Naughty Dog has produced, unbelievably, a better game than the Uncharted series, and it's beautiful. Expand
  81. Feb 20, 2016
    Naughty Dog really did knock the ball out of the park with this game. The Last Of Us truly is one of the best games ever made. It features all of the key components you want in a video game which includes a breathtaking story which will play with your emotions, well structured gameplay that will make you come back for more, and a fairly balanced multiplayer. Also, the characters in theNaughty Dog really did knock the ball out of the park with this game. The Last Of Us truly is one of the best games ever made. It features all of the key components you want in a video game which includes a breathtaking story which will play with your emotions, well structured gameplay that will make you come back for more, and a fairly balanced multiplayer. Also, the characters in the story are some of the most unique and well written characters i have seen in a video game. The chemistry between Joel and Ellie is enough to keep you sucked into the story as we see how they started out with a feud towards each other concluding with Joel being a father figure to her. The Last Of Us is easily in my top 10 games of all time and i highly recommend it to anybody that owns a PS3 or PS4. Expand
  82. Jun 9, 2016
    The Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate onThe Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate on 10/10, but this is version for Playstation 3 . Amazing game with amazing storyline even better than Heavy Rain . Expand
  83. Apr 2, 2016
    I had to admit this is the best game ever created.After playing this game i stopped playing other games.Now every time i try to play any other other game i feel that this particular game cannot be better than last of us.Must play for all.
  84. May 10, 2016
    This is the most epic game i have played. I finish this game 22 times!!! Graphic and design is perfect. Best looks game in PS3. I love characters, Joel and Ellie and his relationships is most powerfull in video game. Writing and dialogue is perfect. I recomended this game movie fans The Road and I Am Legend.
  85. Jul 25, 2016
    Oh my God do I LOVE This game.
    The graphics are AMAZING!
    And the story is quite interesting.
    The Gameplay is so awesome!
    You can play stealthy or guns blazing. I love when games give player choice.
  86. Jun 18, 2013
    A must have if you own a PS3. 9.5/10
    A must have if you own a PS3. 9.5/10
    One of the best games I have ever played but for a game to be given a 10/10, it must be completely flawless. When the AI (Tess, Ellie etc) are sprinting around when you're trying to be sneaky, running into clickers and runners it kind of takes away from the immersion, this is the only thing I dislike about this game. If Metacritic allowed 0.5 ratings I would have given it a 9.5 because this otherwise major flaw is tiny in comparison to the beautiful world you are thrown in to as you watch the relationship between Ellie and Joel develop. Absolutely beautiful game.
  87. Jun 25, 2013
    SPOILER FREE If you don't own a PS3 i would buy one just for this game alone its the best game this generation has to offer. The graphics a superb beyond anything i have seen so far on PS3 the story is gripping and intense it really draws you in from start to finish, the characters are believable and the voice acting is amazing a lot of hard work has gone into this game and you can tell.SPOILER FREE If you don't own a PS3 i would buy one just for this game alone its the best game this generation has to offer. The graphics a superb beyond anything i have seen so far on PS3 the story is gripping and intense it really draws you in from start to finish, the characters are believable and the voice acting is amazing a lot of hard work has gone into this game and you can tell. The only thing i can find pick fault at is the girl Ellie that accompany's you through the whole game can block the way for you if your wanting to go through a door or up stairs est. Also the multi-player isn't bad but the single player is big and long enough so the multi-player doesn't really matter. All in all The Last Of Us is a great game i just hope its not The Last we hear of them. Expand
  88. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a good game and an interesting story.
  89. Jun 17, 2013
    Naughty Dog hit this one out of the park. Absolutely stunning. I have rarely experienced a video game that was so....satisfying. With an emotional, 20 minute introduction this game stole my heart and refused to let go. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I got scared, I panicked, I loved and I hated. It was a of emotions that went out with a bang; the effects of the ending linger in meNaughty Dog hit this one out of the park. Absolutely stunning. I have rarely experienced a video game that was so....satisfying. With an emotional, 20 minute introduction this game stole my heart and refused to let go. I laughed, I cried, I got angry, I got scared, I panicked, I loved and I hated. It was a of emotions that went out with a bang; the effects of the ending linger in me still.

Right from the beginning it is apparent how much work went into this masterpiece. Every area, every object and every character is rendered in exquisite detail. Small things like a reflection in a glossy portrait to a bandage you freshly placed on a wounded body all add up to an experience that feels ultimately...real. You feel the desperation of this broken world .

To complement this you are given, in true Naughty Dog fashion, an amazing cast of characters. Every character is unique with his or her own circumstances. You come to like character and hate them almost immediately. Joel and Ellie in particular portray a natural chemistry that you rarely see even in cinema. Ashley Johnson's performance of Ellie sinks it home, showing you just how amazing mo-cap can be.

Almost overshadowing these strong points is a breathtaking score by Gustavo Santaolalla. Naughty Dog could not have picked a better composer. Gustavo's acoustic guitar chills you to the bone and each track is ultimate crafted to deliver each scene perfectly. The sound effects as well help blur the lines between reality and fantasy. The clicking sounds of a Clicker serves as an awesome example of small sound effects causing real emotion. You will panic. A lot.

Overall it is just really difficult to put words into what this game makes you feel. If you have a PS3 and have not played this game, you are doing yourself a disservice. Even if it doesn't affect you the same way it has me there is no denying the experience being worthwhile. Do it.
  90. Jul 10, 2013
    One of the best games Ive ever played, up there with the likes of Metal Gear Solid 1,3,4 Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami, Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog devs dont mess around and they really take their job very serious, everything about this game excels in production value.

A very touching story that kept me caring for the 2 main characters, I really was able to feel what they were going thru, the immersion on this game is phenomenal, thanks to the state of the art graphics, motion capture, art direction, gameplay mechanics and story driven run through a post apocalyptic US.

The visceral action although very violent, never over the top, perfectly balance as it should be in the real world, without dragging it too much into reality. You really feel the tension with each encounter. The tension doesnt stop there of course, the fact that you really have to preserve ammo and make every shot count is and awesome game design decision. It forces you to explore, and really use strategic approaches to every situation, do you take down every one using stealth, do you avoid the confrontation and sneak past them, or do you go gun blazing. Either way you choose you will have to play smart and keep all your weapons loaded at all times, a split second can really mean the difference between dying or surviving.

So much more to say about this game, but I would have to write a 10 page essay for that, in short The Last Of Us is a game we only get once every generation, the quality of the story, gameplay and graphics are superb, if youre a fan of stealth, action, survival, story driven games, this is the one for you.
  91. Jun 28, 2013
    UNBIASED REVIEW HERE --
    (unlike the other rare hateful posts here)
    UNBIASED REVIEW HERE --
    (unlike the other rare hateful posts here)

This game was spectacular. I have not play The Walking Dead, but from what I've heard the two are very similar in the ways they present their story. After saying that, play this game on hard if you want the true survival feel which I believe this game needs to truly make an impact on the player. I normally don't get immersed in too many games' stories, but by playing this game on hard I found it really threw me into the game's atmosphere.

Story: 10
    Yes the story progresses slowly at first, it doesn't throw you into the action like a Call of Duty or Resident Evil game and that is a very good thing. This does not mean that the game's story is slow throughout, because it is not. The games story progresses at the perfect pace for a game such as this. The attachment you feel to the characters is perfect, and that is all I can say without dropping spoilers, but there are numerous times where you really feel for the characters.

Environment: 10
    The world of The Last of Us is almost a character of itself. The city sort of reclaiming itself after humanity has been removed is beautifully done. The game does not throw you into endless dark rooms with scary lighting just to impose forced horror elements, it actually presents a beautiful city that has its dark moments areas. When you talk through parts of the city and you see hints of civilization that used to be there, it really hits home that this is a post apocalyptic type environment. The city is beautiful amid all of the chaos and destruction.

Combat: 9
    The only reason I'm giving the combat a 9 and not a 10, is because at some points you feel as though you are going through the motions of eliminating the infected as you would normally eliminate them. I can't even provide a way for them to improve upon it, it just felt like it was missing something and I can't put my finger on what that would be.

Soundtrack: 10
    The minimalistic soundtrack to this game with the subtle guitar riffs was absolutely perfect. There isn't really much else I can say about it, because its just perfect.

Graphics: 9
    Yes, this game's graphics are good for PS3 standards. However while playing the game it becomes relatively evident that the PS3 is coming up on being six and a half years old. That is not saying the engine is bad, the lighting is phenomenal, the game engine is great, but there are times where the graphics have some odd noticeable outdated issues. Maybe its because this game came out after E3 and all the new flashy graphics games coming out.

In conclusion, I was honestly not a huge fan of the Uncharted series because it really just felt like Tomb Raider with more combat so I'm not jumping on the Naughty Dog bandwagon here. Capcom went on record saying the survival horror franchise was a dying game concept. Coming from an avid player of the survival horror franchise games, this game redefined the survival horror experience in an entirely new light for me and sort of says "your move capcom".
  92. Jun 15, 2013
    Unbeliveable beginning Then they shock me again. Only played for about 3 hours and I'm already impressed. Very brutal, and I love it, Bet you see this on the news that its why the whole world is killing. But we know better. Just buy the game you won't regret it.
  93. Jun 19, 2013
    this game has a excellent scene and very good sound and gameplay and the best graphic i have ever seen. i think Naughty Dog makes the best games in all over the over
  94. Jun 16, 2013
    Perfect. Gameplay, multiplayer, graphics, story all 10/10.
    Perfect. Gameplay, multiplayer, graphics, story all 10/10.
    Even though the PS3's at the end of its lifetime, the graphical capabilities still surprises me. With the PS4 'round the corner, The Last of Us will make that wait much easier... Combat's perfect, scavenge what you can and build what you need before your next battle against the mushroom-headed infected. I have never been so indulged into a world, story and lore since The Elder Scrolls (which is a major achievement for a long time TES fan). Multiplayer isn't the shine of this game, nor is it Naughty Dog's main aim; but it doesn't feel like an afterthought cannot say too much, but it uses a few mechanics from the story mode over to MP, like building items. Sound astounds me. Puts me on the edge of my seat at all times. Clickers are scary, strong and gives the game an eerie atmosphere. I won't ramble on anymore, just buy it!. Certainly game of the year for me. This is not 'Uncharted with guns' for all them critics, and does not get boring.
  95. Jun 16, 2013
    I've just created an account to give an honest review of this game, I felt the need to spread the love and praise of this game. It truly IS the masterpiece everyone is telling you it is. I picked it up day one and have since gotten through my first of many playthroughs. The story is drama perfection. It feels completely organic never hammed up or forced upon you. The subtlety is the trueI've just created an account to give an honest review of this game, I felt the need to spread the love and praise of this game. It truly IS the masterpiece everyone is telling you it is. I picked it up day one and have since gotten through my first of many playthroughs. The story is drama perfection. It feels completely organic never hammed up or forced upon you. The subtlety is the true beauty of this game the way the environments lighting and dialogue convey tension, emotion and the gravity of the situation. I was literally jumping at my Tv when I feared for the characters lives. The gameplay is simple survival. Every shot counts, stealth is king and taking no prisoners leaving no one to come after you all hammer home the direness that the world has fallen into, where every moment may be cut short by infected or a lead pipe across the face. Naughty Dog does not glamorize violence, or collecting ladders to climb. It is a love-note to realism in video games. Everywhere You go tells a story if You're observant enough to read them nothing is in vain nothing is pointless filler. Everything has purpose everything means something. Switching direction to address not anything about the game but people reviewing it.

Whatever faults others have found that i've read in other reviews critic and user are, to put it bluntly untrue. I suspect they nit-picked the game to death to rebel against the generally incredible praise. For whatever morbid satisfaction having a different opinion from anyone else would hold. A few of the things I've read are downright lies. I.e. a user reviewer attacked the A.i. saying your companions would make too much noise screwing him over. Which is funny because enemies don't even register your companions when You're sneaking. Which is a little odd because You can have ellie basically cuddling a hunter. But I cannot count this against the game because having to sneak about and account for an A.I. You have no control over would botch several areas of the game directly or indirectly... back on topic. I've read that the graphics aren't that great.(****) or the voice acting is so-so(****) or the story is mediocre(****) This game from a technical perspective is a masterpiece. the voice acting WILL make you tear up once or twice. you WILL care about these characters unless you have a heart of stone. And the story WILL grip you. The world will immerse You and the enemies will terrify you. Enemy A.i. is competent and cunning to boot. Infected have human hearts and minds deep inside of them and are horrifying to just sit unnoticed and observe them jerk and twitch about sobbing, mumbling, trying to form words............ I should end this review now, but I could easily go on forever. In closing the last of us is magnificent poignant subtle beautiful and immersive, easily the best exclusive and best game of this generation.
  96. Jun 16, 2013
    I have no idea why this game has so many bad reviews, I believe this is game of the year, the story is amazing, the graphics are good too, and the gameplay is unbelievable. This game brings you through so many emotions, it has a little bit of every thing to it. It's scary, it's funny, it's violent, it's tense, the list keeps going on and on. The immersion levels are just spectacular, fromI have no idea why this game has so many bad reviews, I believe this is game of the year, the story is amazing, the graphics are good too, and the gameplay is unbelievable. This game brings you through so many emotions, it has a little bit of every thing to it. It's scary, it's funny, it's violent, it's tense, the list keeps going on and on. The immersion levels are just spectacular, from characters animations, to the detail in notes you can find scattered across the world. The multiplayer is interesting, it's fun but also needs strategy to win. All in all, this game truly deserves a 10/10. Expand
  97. Jun 18, 2013
    Amazing game, Naughty Dog really captures the essence of survival with this game, its tense and full of emotion.
    Presentation: The presentation of the game is outstanding. It's voice actors do a tremendous job, graphics are over par and Naughty Dog always seem to create such cinematic games. 10/10 for presentation
    Story: The game has an amazing story, with a sufficient amount of twists

Story: The game has an amazing story, with a sufficient amount of twists and turns to keep me playing for hours. Its story has a good length. 10/10 for story

Gameplay: The game play in this game surprised me a bit, i went into the game feeling that the combat would take away from the amazing story, but i was mistaken. The combat carries out the tense vibe with gory, brutal kills. the shooting mechanics show similarities with the Uncharted series, however have little differences that make the game so much better. The sway of the hand when aiming for example. Ammo and supplies are also scarce in The Last of Us, which gives more of a survival feel to the game. Another gameplay factor is exploring, there is a ton to explore in the Last of Us. The game play in the Last of Us is outstanding, however the combat may get a bit repetitive for some. 9.5/10 for gameplay.

Multiplayer: This is a division where Naughty Dog doesn't shine usually. However, the Last of Us had such an amazing concept that was carried out and executed perfectly. The combat from the singleplayer comes into the multiplayer unlike in Uncharted and the tense vibe also comes in. I would have liked to see co-op, however the multiplayer suffices. With only 2 game modes for the multiplayer, it can get a bit repetitive. 9/10 for multiplayer

Overall: This game may be the best I have played from this generation, the characters were played perfectly, the story was immersive and gameplay was awesome as well, multiplayer was good as well but had a few bugs and problems here and there. Naughty Dog has failed to disappoint me yet again. 9.7/10 (im rounding up to 10)
  98. Jul 1, 2013
    The best PS3 exclusive videogame I can even say that this is one of the best videogames in the world.There is nothing bad to say about THE LAST OF US!!!!!!!!
  99. Jul 6, 2013
    I've never felt compelled to write a review, but figured I'd make an exception for this game.

First, just to clear the air a bit, I want to point out a few things the game is NOT. It is not Uncharted with zombies, and similarly, it is not a shooter. You can play it that way on the easy setting, and just shoot your way through, but on normal and up be prepared to do some sneaking and running away. It is not a casual, cheerful game. It's depressing, dark, and sometimes walks the fine line between "fun" and "tedious."

Also, just to put it out there, a lot of the negative reviews are by people who clearly haven't played the game, but have just watched a few gameplay clips. Anyone who primarily complains about the game's "puzzles" clearly has just watched a clip but not played the full game; those sequences are a tiny fraction of the overall gameplay. The game is not full of QTEs, but it might look like it does to someone who hasn't played it, as it will tell you which button does what in certain situations. If someone complains that the game is just a shooter, take it with a huge pile of salt or assume that they played it on the easiest setting and just ran through the levels.

So what is the game? IMO it's primarily a stealth game, but in several instances it forces you to fight your way out. But you're almost always outnumbered and you usually don't have a full supply of ammo. If you don't like stealth games, you're probably better off steering clear of the game or renting it. If you try to run in guns blazing, in most cases you'll be outgunned quickly, and if you manage to survive, you run out of ammo before you kill all the enemies. What typically happened for me was that I would take down a few enemies silently before I got spotted, then would fight my way through the rest once they saw me.

The basic mechanic of the game is cover based stealth; hide behind stuff, and make sure the enemies don't have line of sight. You have a "listen mode" which basically lets you see through walls if the enemy is making noise, so you can keep track of them. If you catch them unaware, you can take them down with a long strangle move or with a shiv (if you have one). If they see you, you can still take them down, but it will alert other enemies nearby. Also, Joel is generally not a very good shot as his arm wobbles, so its in your best interest not to rely on shooting (at least until you can upgrade).

The story and characters are what drives the game, both figuratively and literally. I can't say much without spoiling it, but if you don't care about the characters, you probably won't enjoy the game. The tone of the game is oppressive and depressing, and thoughout the game I had a sinking feeling that something horrible was about to happen. And sometimes it did happen. There are few bright spots in the game. This unending depression makes it hard to move forward in the game and at times makes it hard to play. But the characters and their story motivated me to keep going. If you don't like the characters (or don't pay attention) you may reach a point where you just don't want to play anymore. Especially since some parts of the game are really difficult. IMO the overall story is worth the effort, and the overall pay off I think is comparable to completing Demon's Souls and/or Dark Souls without spoilers.

I did have a few problems with the game that prevent it from getting a 10 from me though. The AI is really spotty and inconsistent. Infected are pretty dumb in general, and I can accept that; some of them don't even have brains anymore. But human enemies vary wildly; sometimes they're really smart, sometimes they're dumb as bricks. Friendlies are similarly inconsistent, and on top of that, are totally invisible to enemies. I can understand that from a gameplay perspective, but it can really disrupt immersion.

Speaking of immersion, the overall mood and tone gets disrupted by the game elements. Getting chased by a horde of zombies, but see something glimmering in the corner? Of course you have to take the detour to grab it. Someone tells you to go as fast as you can straight down a corridor, but you see a room off to the side? Of course you have to go in and look for stuff. Of course, there's the typical "you're about to run into an enemy, so here's some ammo just in case" loot caches in a few spots.

Overall, it's an amazing game, if you buy into the characters. The cons are pretty minor in the scheme of the game; the AI is generally smart enough to kill you repeatedly and its ultimately a video game so there are going to be gamey elements.
  100. Jul 29, 2013
    There must be more games like this. The Last of Us is a rare game which focuses on both the story and the gameplay and manages to make both of them brilliant, this is one of the best games of the PS3 era.

Story: The story is desperately sad in The Last Of Us. Society has fell apart due to a fungal illness which makes human beings become crazy and ferocious monsters. Joel is a middle aged man who has given up on humanity and murder is something that has become a normal days work to him. He then runs into a young girl named Ellie who he is tasked with taking care of and escorting her across the country to a group called the Fireflies. The story is powerful but sometimes cliched as it follows some of the same plot-lines as other post apocalyptic fiction but if it ain't broke don't fix it. The characters themselves are down to earth and are the most likeable and understanding characters I have ever seen in a video game and it is truly sad the game has to end sometime.

Gameplay: The gameplay in The Last Of Us is realistic and makes you feel like you a lost in a world gone to hell. Not only must you be wary around the infected but also other human beings in a dog eat dog world where the word mercy falls onto deaf ears. The AI for the infected can be predictable but it fits with the story of the game, the human AI is different from that and will hunt you down if you are not careful. Ellie is never a hindrance to the player since enemies never try and attack her and this can break the immersion of the game at times but it is better than having to constantly look after her like Sheva/Ashley in the Resident Evil games. Ellie is helpful because not only does she help find supplies but she will also distract enemies or even attack them which can make a difference when it's just two of you against a whole group of survivors. The AI in total is some of the best I've seen in gaming with only a few occasions were they don't seem to know what they're doing. Supplies are scarce in the game and every encounter makes you think should I use this now or keep it for later? There is no hand holding when it comes to supplies, once you used anything then its gone and all you can hope is it you'll find a similar item later. Combat is brutal, every gun shot counts and can knock Joel off his feet if he's not careful and melee combat allows you to do finishing moves that will cause your enemies head to smack against the environment while his brain pops out.

Graphics: the graphics are amazing sometimes you feel like you're watching a movie and every expression is visible on every characters face both during game-play and cutscenes making them seem very human. The enviroments are well detailed and allow you to explore and scavenge it to see if you can find anymore supplies.

The Last Of Us is the closest to a perfect game I have ever played with just about everything done right in the game apart from at times clumsy enemy AI and a little bit of immersion breaking. The story may follow some zombie cliches but that doesn't make it bad in any sense. The Last Of Us is definitely one of the best games I have ever played and it is one that I will play for years to come.
  101. Oct 20, 2013
    I've bought this game when it was released and finished it in a couple of days.. And i just can't shake it off. Even after drowning myself in the newest Gta, tomb raider, bioshock, beyond two souls and saints row. This game is still the best game of this generation. No matter what anyone says the characters are perfect, the voice acting is perfect, the story was perfect, the gameplay wasI've bought this game when it was released and finished it in a couple of days.. And i just can't shake it off. Even after drowning myself in the newest Gta, tomb raider, bioshock, beyond two souls and saints row. This game is still the best game of this generation. No matter what anyone says the characters are perfect, the voice acting is perfect, the story was perfect, the gameplay was innovative and perfect. I just can't stop fanboying in the presence of this remarkable game. You actually feel like you're in the game. You feel emotionally attached to the characters, the twists and the story. After playing the last uncharted game i thought it wasn't going to be all that great but this game proved me wrong and is surely shawshank of gaming. Nothing less. I'm putting this right beside my favourite games- chrono trigger, okami, half life, final fantasy, Re4, zelda etc. It deserves to have a spot on anyone's top 5, easily. I've never felt so bad in my life for the people that haven't played this game. It's a masterpiece. Collapse

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]