• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Apr 16, 2014
    This game well and truely deserves all the high scores it gets. Really please get this game!! The price is still high but 100% worth it. The emotional attatchemnt you get to these characters is unbelieveable. From the first chapter right to the end. It really does stick with you. Of course obviously the graphics are beautiful, the acting very moving. Even if you aren't a fan of the whole zombie, apocolypse theme (which I do not enjoy) It is more about the story. The infected just take a back seat and play extras. Expand
  2. Apr 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the last of us was a masterpiece that was absolutely perfect with troy baker as joel and ashley johnson as ellie . voice acting was perfect and it made me think that it was a movie I was watching and not a game that I played. the story was as well written as it could be . The gameplay fits perfecly in the game and it was amazing . But we can not forget the music . The music in the cargo of written by the talented Gustavo Santaolalla was amazing everytime I here the '' choice '' I get goosebumps , it reminds you of all you ellie and joel been through . The mood in the last of us is so clear
     ** Spoiler **
    if we take When ellie almost get raped by david and she is wandering around being super deprest or joel gets a petalpipe into his back and ellie 's all worried .

** NO spoiler **
    exept That the enemies could't see ellie ( exept When You Were playing as ellie ) , bill , henry, sam or tess I found nohing wrong with it. The Last of Us is THE best game I have ever played and if you have not played this game you buy it . Have a nice day .
  3. Apr 11, 2014
    If you have a PS3 and do not have this masterpiece, I absolutely advise you to... A. Purchase this game now on PS3. or B. Buy this game for PS4 when it releases near summer of this year.

I cannot tell you anything else besides the fact that this game has everything:
    < Next-gen looking graphics
    < An amazing story that makes you cry and smile and laugh with Joel and Ellie because you
    feel emotionally attached to them
    < Fluid and intense gameplay
    < Great atmosphere and level design
    < And much more...

GOTY 2013 for me absolutely.
  4. Apr 8, 2014
    Un videojuego fascinte y adicitivo que te atrapara en el primer minuto, una narracion extraordinaria, graficos apabullantes, personajes increibles y carismaticos, todo eso junto con una duracion de unas 12 o 17 horas por lo menos. Es maravilloso como este juego al jugarlo sientas que de verdad estas en un escenario apocaliptico. Sin duda y siendo sincero fue el mejor juego del 2013.
  5. Apr 7, 2014
    Hands down the best game I have ever played. It ruined playing any other game. I had to wait about 2 weeks before I could play anything else. It has it's faults, but what game doesn't. It is well worth the money! If your one of those people who like to just enjoy the ride then this game on EASY is perfect. If you want to go Boss then try harder difficulties. Either way it's amazing.
  6. Apr 5, 2014
    The Last of Us is a gorgeous and thrilling game with a superb story and great game mechanics. The graphics are stunning and the characters are very memorable and unique. In terms of gameplay mechanics, it plays like Uncharted without a cover system or a climbing system and much more brutal melee mechanics. It also has a superb multiplayer mode and a New Game+ mode to keep you playing after you finish the 12+ hour campaign. If you have a PS3, you MUST buy this game. Expand
  7. Apr 2, 2014
    Best game I've ever played. I'm sick of people giving this game a bad review it's literally the best game in the market. Best game ever, I love the mixture of dialogue, gameplay and the best graphics around.
  8. Apr 1, 2014
    2013. For a good couple of years as a dx11 pc gamer I had once again placed my ps3 at doorstop level (aside from the odd multimedia stream here and there) always ready to catch a glimpse of the next console exclusive. Then The Last of Us was released.
    WOW!!!
    This game far exceeded every expectation I had for an end of cycle first party sony release and IMO surpassed the fine efforts of
    valve on HL2 in using computer technology to convey story in a way completely unique to this industry. Every moment you experience is a part of this story and the strongest character is expressed through level design. Subtle cues of audio and visual effects texture art and animation stir emotions in ways the player may have thought to be exclusive to the realm of film production. On top of this excellent singleplayer is a fantastic multiplayer that for me, really evoked a sense of play seemingly forgotten by much of this industry. Well done naughty dog and sony for helping to make this magic possible. Expand
  9. Mar 30, 2014
    What hasn't been said about this game that hasn't already been said. This game is a masterpiece, a stroke of pure genius from Naughty Dog. From the story to the multiplayer, there is no excuse not to play this game. Its a force of nature. The story is unforgivingly tragic and straight forward, unlike most games on the market. The performances are Oscar worthy and deserve nearly all the praise it's been getting. The multiplayer is fantastic and is a breath of fresh air for Battlefield or CoD fans. If you own a PS3, there is no reason that you shouldn't buy this game, it's a masterpiece. Expand
  10. Mar 28, 2014
    Better than Uncharted series that Naughty Dog created. The gameplay mechanic was really kicking for horror theme and survival. The "in-House" and "Havok Psychic" engine was the best way to running the game system and really kicking!
  11. Mar 28, 2014
    Easily the best game of 2013. The story is one of the most emotional ones out there, the graphics are amazing and the fact it's running on old hardware is also amazing. The multiplayer is good which you usually in single-player based games there bad. If you don't own a ps3 this is a good reason to get one.
  12. Mar 26, 2014
    Amazing!,
    this game is awesome almost perfect without the bugs naughty dog has done well to well and I hope to see more and it has one of the best characters no lets rephrase that the best characters Joel and Ellie go so well together thanks! Dogs *claps* * aplauses*
  13. Mar 26, 2014
    Perfection doesn't exist. The Last Of Us on PS3 shouldn't exist either. What sorcery is this? How is the PS3 able to have this jewel in its crown? Naughty Dog used dark magic on the PS1 to create the Crash Bandicoot games, and again on the PS3 to create Uncharted 2, but this game... it's the equivalent of Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii, a game that shouldn't exist on that system, but it does. Expand
  14. Mar 24, 2014
    Naughty Dog did it again. They created an awesome game with an awesome storyline, awesome movements, awesome and scary enemies and of course awesome scenarios and graphics. This game is the best.
  15. Mar 23, 2014
    Masterpiece is the only thing that crosses my mind whenever I hear this game. If you own a PS3 and you love video games, it's a crime that you have not played this yet...
  16. Mar 23, 2014
    Arguably the greatest game of this generation; The Last Of Us is the culmination of Naughty Dog's very successful journey on the PS3. TLOU is truly a masterpiece of character-driven narrative, stunningly well realized world-building, profoundly believable characters, magnificent OST and voice acting, award-winning dialogue and intelligent systemic game design along with some of the best, well acted cinematics you'll find in this medium. The characters in The Last Of Us (especially Joel and Ellie, not limited to however) are complex, deep, believable, and memorable. As the player you'll find yourself truly caring about them and their journey which is something a lot of video games fall short in achieving. If you're a gamer who cares more about the story and characters in your games than anything else, this is as good as it gets. The one tip I'll give to people who are interested but haven't yet played the game, don't rush. Take your time and explore buildings and areas, you can find notes that are in my opinion worth reading and while exploring different areas you can trigger certain conversations with Ellie (some that happen without you having to press any button and some that you need to press triangle for) that are definitely worth it and add to this one of a kind experience. Try not to miss out on those. Expand
  17. Mar 23, 2014
    If I could give this game an 11 out of 10 then I would. In terms of graphics, story, gameplay and mechanics this masterpiece is lightyears ahead of anything out there at the moment. Currently on my 7th playthrough and it hasn't lost one bit of thrill. An absolute must buy if you have a PS3. If you do have a PS3 and not this game then WHAT ARE YOU DOING !!!???
  18. Mar 22, 2014
    If you have a PS3 then please do yourself a favour and buy this amazingly story and action driven game that really gives even the most talented Hollywood script writers a run for their money!
  19. Mar 21, 2014
    Naughty Dog has done it again! Another masterpiece that I'm thankful I played all throughout. The story is what makes this game really good, the characters are well developed along with the great voice acting, but the gameplay is great as well. A mix of Uncharted and Resident Evil I must say. The multiplayer is unique and heart pumping! But the game itself is worth buying just for the campaign mode. A must-play Expand
  20. Mar 20, 2014
    Beautiful game. Pushing the art of storytelling in to a new age. Gritty, emotional, tense and fun. No one has created a more immersive story and involving characters than Naughty Dog.
  21. Mar 19, 2014
    I can only really say a few things about this game. and they are this: based on the mechanics, story, gameplay, characters, difficulty, enemies, and atmosphere, I'd have to say this is HANDS DOWN the best game I've ever played. from the amazing graphics, to the characters who make you feel like they're real people. the voice acting is amazing. the entire game is amazing, even at the parts that make you want to punch a hole in your tv. this is the only game I've ever played where i have not changed the disk a single time from beginning to end. i loved this game and think the only score that can actually describe how amazing this game is is a score of 100/10. The Last of Us is a game that I'd recommend for anyone who likes a violent, action packed game. Expand
  22. Mar 19, 2014
    jogo perfeito
    otimos graficos
    jogo desafiador
    otimos personagens que prendem vc ao jogo e se adequam um ao outro,num mundo caotico o jogo mostra o lado humano dos personangens
  23. Mar 18, 2014
    Me, being a gamer try to find the bad and the good in games, the good was that the voice acting felt like I was In a movie theater it felt real. Another great thing about this game is that the cut scenes are outstanding! I also enjoyed the emotional roller coaster, and how they unveil each others past in the game.
    The bad, well the multiplayer, if you hated uncharted 3s multiplayer, well
    that sucks cause this is worse, the last of us and uncharted should stay single player. That's really the only problem I had with the game, a must have for a ps3 owner! Expand
  24. Mar 18, 2014
    I can sum up this game in one word but unfortunately I have to use 150 characters, so I'm going to blabber on, the graphics for previous generation are formidable, I mean truly formidable, until I purchased next gen this game is kinda in between previous and next gen it looks, feels and plays like it's too good for the previous generation, the story is that of a blockbuster film, you find yourself getting quite attached to the characters, certainly leaves you gasping at certain cutscenes, probably the 4th best game I've ever played behind Max Payne 3, MW1, and Def Jam Fight for NY oh by the way my one word was... WOW Expand
  25. Mar 18, 2014
    I bought my PS3 for GTA V. During the waiting period (for its release) I went into a game store where I found some PS3 games. I looked at The Last of Us, having never seen it before, and I liked the cover art, so I figured, why the heck not. Take a chance, I thought. I bought it. And it was one of the best decisions in my life.

I completed the game three times already and I'm ready to
    begin playing it for the fourth time. This game is the definition of addiction. I can't get enough of the excellent story, interesting world and remarkable characters this game is offering. Joel and Ellie are absolutely great. Ellie is actually my favourite game character ever. And I played a lot of games, trust me.

The soundtrack is, in my opinion, one of the best game soundtracks ever. The songs composed by Gustavo Santaolalla are absolutely touching and will remain in your head long after finishing the game. In my case, I think they'll always remain in my head. It's true art.

This is the only game which I rated 7/7 in my personal notebook (yes, I rate games out of 7, don't ask!). Out of hundreds and hundreds of games this one just got me good. So if you are considering buying it... if you like great story, great gameplay, great atmosphere, great characters, great music, great visuals, do it. You won't regret it. I swear.

So in the end I liked The Last of Us better than GTA V, the game which I bought my console for.

Thank you Naughty Dog for creating this masterpiece.
    Patrick
  26. Mar 16, 2014
    It's hard to find words that can describe this game, but all i can say is wow. This game is pure brilliant and by far the best game that i have ever played. If you are thinking of getting this game - do. I can't recommend it enough and you will not regret buying it.
  27. Mar 16, 2014
    Naughty Dog have hit a home run with this one. So glad that Neil Druckmann and his team are taking over the Uncharted series, as if they produce anything close to the utterly outstanding gaming-experience which the 'The Last of Us' provided then then I'll be buying Uncharted 4 on release day...10/10.
  28. Xon
    Mar 16, 2014
    Truly an extraordinary game. An incredible work of art. The game might falter here and there, but this doesn't detract from a game that sets out - and achieves - to create an immaculately immersive world with characters that have real presence who elicit an emotional response. I wish there were more games like this, but it is "one of a kind".
  29. Mar 15, 2014
    Wow, just wow. This game is not just one of the best games ever made, but it's also one of the best experiences I've ever had. The story is deep and extremely emotional, it hits you right from the beginning. All of the characters introduced in the game have immeasurable depth. The graphics are good for a Ps3 game, but the art direction is absolutely fantastic, they've made sure to add every little detail you can think of (vines growing on walls, buildings corroding, etc). You can tell they loved making this game. The sound in the game is fantastic as well, especially the voice acting from Troy Baker (Joel) & Ashley Johnson (Ellie). They had great chemistry with one another. Also, the gameplay is top-notch .The hand to hand combat was crafted, the way you sneak around, and the gun-play, was all given the same attention to detail as everything else, all were excellent. This is one of the best games of all-time. Expand
  30. Mar 15, 2014
    GOOD: great and engaging story, good characters, plays out like a movie, superb first impressions, beautiful and lush environments, very hard, makes you feel cautious throughout the entire game, excellent crafting system, awesome guns and equipment, you have the need to use everything which makes you feel like nothing in the game is useless, have to find equipment because resources are scarce, Ellie is a good partner, got to play as Ellie, fun multiplayer in which you also have to be cautious, one of the creepiest boss battles ever, and a nice ending

BAD: capped at 720P, I did not have the need to get every single collectible

FINAL VERDICT: Games like this makes people think why we need a new console generation every 7 years. The Last Of Us is easily the best Sony exclusive ever made and one of the top 10 best games ever.
    Worth $60 dollars and worth buying a PS3 just to play it. This game should be played by everyone single gamer.
  31. Mar 15, 2014
    The last of us is my favourite game ever, It's story is fantastic with great characters like Joel and Ellie who are both expertly acted by Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson. The gameplay is exicting and terrifiying whether you're fighting the hunters or infected it's exilarting with one especially scary sequence in the basement of a hotel in which i cowardly hide in a corner with my shotgun aimed nervously. The multiplayer of The Last of us is suprisingly great, it's not just a reskin of uncharted's but a tense team driven experince that's defintly worth a try. The Last of us is argubaly the best PS3 game yet with an excellent story, tense gameplay and great multiplayer it should be in every playstation gamers collection. Expand
  32. Mar 14, 2014
    The Last Of Us is a true gaming marvel. It achieves the pinnacle of story telling along with a fantastic combat system. The game may have a few bugs, like when you're sneaking around infected or hunters, your companions might walk right in front of them or run around the place and not get detected.

I believe this game is at it's best when Joel an Ellie are battling with hunters and
    covering on another. A moment that made me smile was when I was out of ammo in my guns, Ellie shouted out "Hey, a**hole!" and then threw a brick at him allowing me to run at him and smash his head against the wall.

Naughty Dog have really outdone themselves once again. Even with Uncharted, I got bored of the combat eventually, because it just felt like I was being forced through these repetitive combat sequences to get to the next cut scene. But with The Last Of Us, I didn't feel this was whatsoever. I enjoyed the combat system because it felt fluid and realistic. Every punch of your fist or smack of a metal pipe felt like it had weight to it. I especially liked how after getting shot or hit in the face, Joel's nose or other part of his face might be bleeding.

Each combat (or stealth) sequence also felt unique. Different areas allow for different strategies, will I go up on that balcony and get a vantage point, or will I just sneak by and avoid a confrontation entirely. These are the choices that give this game a feeling of originality.

The Last Of Us is one of the defining game of every generation, it blends immersive combat with a truly great story about a middle aged man and a teenage girl crossing the United States of America which has been desolated by an infection.
  33. Mar 14, 2014
    Uma história brilhante com personagens carismáticos e um multiplayer divertido, sem duvidas uma compra garantida para todos os gamers, merecia ser o jogo do ano.
  34. Mar 14, 2014
    I did write a review for this game but i wanna go back and rate certain categories.
    Story-10/10 Graphics-10/10 Controls- 9/10 Ease to Learn- 7
    Music- 8/10 Length- 10/10 Replay ability 4/10 Overall- 9.2/10
  35. Mar 13, 2014
    Is surprising the awesomeness of this game. The characters, the plot, the gameplay, the graphics, the scenario and all in this game are great. Worth every single penny that you spend in this game. The Last of Us is a masterpiece!
  36. Mar 13, 2014
    I arrived a bit late and I don't know what can I say more than what the others said. Well, I will say the flaws. The permanent bugs, the creatures can see you, but your partner cannot be seen. Also, the melee is a bit confusing. It step forward alone if you keep punching a creature and I think it bad to see this. But, apart from this, everything is captivating.
  37. Mar 12, 2014
    Please note that I barely played the multiplayer and am rating this on the story mode. I know this review is late, but I would like to say that this game is phenomenal and is an amazing experience. Throughout the game, you find yourself being overprotective of the teenage female protagonist, Ellie, and not worrying about your safety as much as hers. I really felt like her dad as I kept a gun out every time she went alone to open a door or pull a lever. Naughty dog has definitely done their job on creating and atmosphere that you fear every door and corner you pass. This is definitely one of the top ten best games ever made. I completely recommend this game to ANYONE. I really feel like I know Joel and Ellie on a personal level, after playing this game. If you haven't played this game, you should be ashamed. GO OUT AND BUY IT KNOW! Expand
  38. Mar 11, 2014
    This game is simply gorgeous. It gives the sensation that is the best game ever for the PS3, and since the new gen consoles are here, it will be forever. Hopefully it's the beginning of a series, because anybody that played it would surely like to play a new TLOU story as soon as possible. Do not miss it.
  39. Mar 11, 2014
    All good games I play naked while either rubbing Melted cheese whizz all over my body or peanut body.... The Last of Us was ne of those games where I got to put away my torture devices that I use on myself during gaming, and bring out the penis pump... I like to stay rock hard when I play this game... clickers make me tick..... Im late n the review because I gathered 2000 rats and I played this game naked with them rats while they nawed on my flesh.... it was beautiful......Left behind... that was good too... I saw the word "behind" in the title so I figured Id stick a cucumber up my ass while I played it... Pretty good game if I do say so myself.. Expand
  40. Mar 11, 2014
    I will keep it short. This is simply THE BEST GAME I EVER PLAYED.
    Loved the game-play, graphics and everything.
    The story was amazing. No other game had ever made me so emotional.
    Brilliant work by Naughty Dog, as usual.
  41. Mar 8, 2014
    The greatest game of this generation. We dive into this universe in awe and full emotion capacity. The Last Of Us portrays its message clearly and gives us an experience that we may never get again (unless Naughty Dog tops it off with a sequel, which is not impossible btw, hehe.) But hey, I have never played a video game as spectacular as this. I can emphasize with the story and the way it invites us to enter its universe is really marvelous. An unforgettable video game, it still resonates to this day in my mind. Expand
  42. Mar 8, 2014
    Put simply, this game - for what it tries to accomplish - is perfect but for one mechanic: the team (and occasionally enemy) AI. These things, however, do not affect gameplay per se, but they do affect your suspense of disbelief, which in a game that tries to redefine "immersive", is a huge deal. So let's go through that first:

When you play as Joel - especially in stealth cases -
    Ellie has the propensity to run around in rooms full of enemies, or engage in combat when you clearly just want to hide. Sometimes, in cases where you do EVERYTHING to be as quiet as you can, instead of whispering she speaks up loudly. Fortunately, ND knew this and thus her "actions" do not affect gameplay: enemies will not "see" her if she runs around when you are hidden, clickers won't hear her loud speaking when you clearly want to be quiet. In other words, she's simply not there as far as the enemies are concerned. The same goes for enemy AI in sneak mode, Joel can sneak up to an enemy, choke him out with him making struggling noises, and another enemy that stands just a couple feet away does not hear what's happening.

So, these "AI in sneak mode" issues clearly do not affect gameplay, but they DO affect your suspense of disbelief. All games do this, no developer has with 100% success come around certain issues with gameplay where everything "makes sense". However, it is an elevated issue in TLoU because of its ambitions to be THE definitive immersive gaming experience.

And honestly, it really, really, really does ace it in that department, save for the aforementioned AI issues. The fighting/shooting mechanics work great, the stealth portions are done well, the level design is amazing, environments are highly diverse and ND really went out to make this a survival game, NOT an action game: Every single bullet, every single arrow and every single brick you find is literally essensiall for your survival. This game brings back mechanics that have long been gone in survival games: scarcity of resources. Not since the original Resident Evil trilogy have games put a snare around the players regarding the resources. And it's never done in a cheap manner either; if you don't have enough bullets there are always other options for you to get through the hurdles.

The story is actually fairly standard in broad terms but very unique when you look closer. The post-apocalyptic atmosphere is excecuted perfectly, the sense of time elapsing as the pair traveling across the US on their pilgrimage for worldly salvation accurately feels agonizing, long, exhausting and diverse. The sound is amazing, from the small sounds of wind and rivers, to the distant screams of the runners, to the sporradic comments that the characters make throughout. Everything feels alive and is a true feat in the immersive department, no other game as far as I am conscerned nails "believable environment" as good as TLoU. It's more like watching a movie than playing a game (not the MGS4 type but the good type). The best feature in the sound department is definitely the music - which is excecuted perfectly (especially in the end scene) and... the voice actors. As far as the character go, they are the definitive cream of the crop; the characters are the single entity of this game that make it as great as it is.

Ellie and Joel are real. They act as one would think a mourning father that has seen loved ones die for decades would act, or how a 14 year old that grew up in a world of decay and sorrow would act, and their progressive development is so evident and so compelling. You FEEL for Joel and Ellie, you WANT them to do well, it's not YOU playing the game and 2 passive shell-puppets on the screen that you live vicariously through, this game IS about Ellie the 14 year old girl, and Joel the southern lone ranger that's taking care of Ellie. This game has as much character development as the best of TV series, or movies, or books. Granted, that statement might sound somewhat hyperbolic, but if you don't believe me, play the game and see for yourself.

In closing, Ill just say TLoU is an amazing piece of video game art. Ive played video games for 2 decades and as an avid video gamer I am proud of what ND have achieved here, for my favorite entertainment medium. People have to take into account where gaming as entertainment stands in todays society, and how it compares to mediums like movies/books, to understand the sheer impact of this game, and to how important this game might've proven to be in the future. TLoU broke boundaries and reached audiences that are unprecedented in video gaming. This game will be remembered as a staple in gaming history, and hopefully will lead the gaming medium into the field of being taken as seriously as the most serious of movies, or books. With games like TLoU and Uncharted, ND are definitely carrying the torch for the sake of the entire gaming community, and as far as Im concerned, they are our true leaders.
  43. Mar 5, 2014
    This will probably go down as one of my favorite games of this console generation (being a close second behind Red Dead Redemption). From the story to the combat, everything felt fresh and new. Playing it on survivor mode also added to the intensity with limited supplies. I can see a lot of FPS people not liking this game but I see that as more so not liking anything that isn't a FPS as opposed to not actually liking the game itself. The story was actually better than most blockbuster movies you would see these days. If you liked other Naughty Dog titles like Uncharted then you'll love this game. However if you don't usually play anything outside of COD and combat is way more important to you than story/visuals then this may not be for you. Personally I loved it. Expand
  44. Mar 5, 2014
    a masterpiece nothing else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  45. Mar 3, 2014
    Esse jogo foi um dos melhores que já joguei na minha vida, adorei a historia, adorei os personagens, e também a vida de cada um deles, e nunca vou esquecer desse jogo fantástico que é o The Last of Us.
  46. Mar 2, 2014
    I work on a 10, 5, 0 score. 10 = Id buy for ps3, 5 = Probably wouldnt buy. 0 = Would not buy. This game is a must have if you are a ps3 fan. It is one of the better exclusives for the system.
  47. Mar 1, 2014
    The Last of Us. A game that will be remembered. Naughty Dog have made a masterpiece. The Last of Us brings you a story that will touch you. The characters, the world and overall the gameplay itself make this game the best that I've ever played. Joel and Ellie are characters that you will fall in love with The game tells the story of their relationship and how from totally disliking each other they become best friends and even more.

Throughout the game you will find interesting items that you can use to craft bombs, shivs, med kits and other things to help you survive in the environment which is done beautifully. The combat system is one of the most interesting things you will see. It's not about run and gun, you have to use your brain and think before you act which will be a blast because of the many different ways to approach each fight. You can even chose to avoid conflict completely.

The graphics of the game are one of the most satisfying graphics you'll see not because of how well they are done (and they are done VERY well) but because of the way they make the game look so believable and so much mor satisfying.

You might find yourself crying while playing the game and you might feel attached to the character which will make you think about the world that we live in and how people treat one another. Joel and Ellie will touch your heart and you will have an experience that you would want to remember forever and make you wish that they were real.
  48. Feb 28, 2014
    This is an Epic survival zombie game with a great story that takes place in a post-apocalyptic world with nice detailed scenery. The stealthing is smooth and gun (or bow!) -slinging feels proper. I really like that there is a natural dialogue between the characters as you play through the game. It has a good gameplay design, but one thing I didn't like about it is that you upgrade your weapons. I have grown a bit tired of all the unlocks and leveling up in games these days, but its a minor detail here. Playing this title is an experience and it is one of my favourite games of ALL times! Expand
  49. Feb 28, 2014
    I am giving The Last of Us a 10 out of 10 because A: It deserves it, and B: in order to try to balance the overall user score against the idiots giving it a 1 or 2 just to be **** If anyone has issues with the game it is understandable (everyone has opinions after all), but none of the negative comments I read warranted anything less than a 6! "This game is great, buy it is full of cliches... 1.0" or "This game has amazing graphics and enjoyable characters but the shooting is hard.... 2.0" I mean come on. If your review is objective and you dislike certain parts of a game, the objectiveness of the review should cause you to give credit where credit is due.

If you like third person action stealth game play with solid mechanics. you will love this game.
    If you like post apocalyptic settings with dynamic level design, you will love this game.
    If you desire well fleshed out characters and top notch voice acting, you will love this game.
  50. Feb 27, 2014
    The last of us is not just any ordinary video game. It's more of an experience. This game is rated Mature because of the the issues it deals with. It dares to tread where no other games would. It shows us what we really are capable of and the things that might happen when all hope is lost. It makes us question our morality. This is not just a game, it is so much more. It proves that gaming can be an art form. this is a truly remarkable game. It deserves all the plaudits because it truly is the Greatest game ever made. This game will be remembered for a long long time Expand
  51. Ape
    Feb 26, 2014
    Great game - great story - great everything. If you like the Uncharted series but want a little more gore or realism from the game then this is for you. Just watch out for the clickers...
  52. Feb 25, 2014
    One of the best games I have ever played. Great visuals, great game play value and amazing story line. This also came with one of the best single player D.L.C updates. Would recommend this game to everyone, except twitch shooter junkies and Facebook game players. If you are exempt from these two, and have an intelligence level higher than 50.I.q. then you will love this game.
  53. Feb 25, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. One of the best games of 2013 and probably one of the best games I ever played. Incredible plot, amazing characters, dark world and amazing atmosphere never let you start feeling bored. By the way, I cried in the end) Expand
  54. Feb 25, 2014
    play this just play this nothing more great story great graphics great gameplay this game is a masterpeace nothing is bad just play it and you wil get it.
  55. Feb 24, 2014
    Only one word can describe this game: masterpiece. Great, emotionally driven story, great and relatable characters, and wonderful gameplay, I greatly recommend The Last Of Us to anyone who hasn't played it. While I wish it could have been a few hours longer in length, this game was still nothing short of a masterpeace.
  56. Feb 24, 2014
    The last of us is one of the greatest game ever made. The story is just something amazing and touching. The end is cliffhanger in my opinion and i wish that there is going to be The last of us 2.
  57. Feb 23, 2014
    What a piece of work this is! Beautiful graphics, terrific voice acting, gripping gameplay, and such a compelling story! Naughty Dog has delivered one of the most compelling, ambitious, and emotional games of the 21st century.
  58. Feb 22, 2014
    I think that The last of us is the most brilliant, intelligent, amazing, mature and emotional adventure of the ps360 generation. The better goodbye to PS3.
  59. Feb 22, 2014
    The story for this game is amazing, emotional, breathtaking, and intense throughout. Once I started playing I couldn't stop. The graphics and gameplay is great. The game is about 12 hours long and the replay value in my opinion is pretty low. However, I'm still giving it a 10 just because the story was so awesome.
  60. Feb 22, 2014
    I am confident to say that The Last of Us is the best game that I have played in this generation. Even though my favorite genre is JRPG, I recognize all the developers’ efforts in this memorable masterpiece.

First of all, this game is not a shooter. Every year people complain about the same franchises arguing that they do not innovate. Ironically, games like Call of Duty still continue
    to break sales record over and over. To be honest, I expected that The Last of Us was going to be somewhat Uncharted-like (since it’s from the same studio), but for my surprise it is not. It is all about surviving. You have to make every bullet count instead of shooting frenetically. In my opinion, a game has a good chance of succeeding by not being more from the same saturated shooter industry. Another thing that makes the game brilliant is the stealth system. It completely suits with the survival aspect.

Secondly, I believe that games are not only about gameplay but also story and soundtrack. The cast is memorable and the voice acting is amazing. It is easy to have immersion in the game because you get involved with the events between Joel and Ellie. They are charismatic and somehow invite you to be part of their adventure. One thing that I have to highlight is the fact that this game is not about zombies. In fact, the term used to describe these kind of enemies is “infected”. No banal things like “shoot only in the head to kill them” exist. People are just infected. It is possible to kill some of them unarmed and not by blowing up their heads. Some levels of infection require weapons to kill enemies, but it is a feature that adds challenge to the game. The concept of infected may not be original, but from I gather it is easy to distinguish the infected ones from this game.

For these reasons, The Last of Us is my game of the generation. In a world where console games seems to decline year after year with the advent of mobile and casual games, I cheer that hardcore, innovative and memorable games continue to come. Naughty Dog was able to prove that even in the end of generation there is still hope for old school gamers.
  61. Feb 20, 2014
    Personally I think journey is the best game ever but TLoU comes second and still gets a 10. There were some flaws in the game - invisible sniper anyone???? and there were so many instances where i lost immersion, like ellie and the clickers and how in the ending the game got super hard... ND you should know better!!!!

But my goodness if you werent moved by this game you have a heart of
    stone. I cried more in the game than in the last harry potter book! People who say games are only for kids or to waste time are stoopid! and should play this game cause they'll realize their backwards views are wrong.

Now i want ND to make a new ip every four years i'm sick of stupid sequels. People read masterpiece books so shouldn't people play masterpiece games over and over???? Think about it.

But anyway obvious goty and snobs who say "OMG isn't on PC" dont deserve to play this masterpiece.
  62. Feb 20, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us is the pinnacle of this generation. Everything video games has to offer was brought to the maximum level. Storytelling, graphics, gameplay...

Few games made me cry, made me think about the message it passes, and made me be sure video games are also art.

The focus of the game isn't zombies, but the human condition. Who is, in fact, "the last of us"? The non-infected humans, or the humans who haven't lost their humanity?

Naughty Dog shows a lesson for the video game industry and even for movies. You'll love seeing Joel and Ellie together as they go through every sort of trouble together. A story like no other, a story few will manage to make it better and many will fear to copy.

At the end of the game, you don't get a feeling of "it's already over?" or "finally!". You get a exact dose of the game. As the credits roll, you get a sensation of "Damn. This was one of the best experiences I've had." Finishing the game is like finishing reading a book or watching a series. You don't know what to do next. Real life seems boring after completing it.

The Last of Us is a masterpiece in digital form. It also shows video games have come a very long way. Video games aren't toys, but a way of art and culture, of debate and thinking, of entertainment and joy, immersion and reality, and The Last of Us is the proof of that.
  63. Feb 20, 2014
    One of the best PS3 games I have ever played. The graphics, voice acting, plot, and the relationship between Joel and Ellie made this a game that has stuck with me well after completion. There were several moments that completely took me by surprise, but I don't want to list them here due to spoilers. The only complaint with the game is that the partner AI was sometimes a little buggy. But there are so many great things about this game that somewhat glitchy AI is not too significant.

Overall, I highly recommend this game to any PS3 owner. One of the best games of the generation indeed.
  64. Feb 19, 2014
    10/10 This is my favorite game ever, the game play is stellar, with the crafting and challenging stealth give you satisfaction when you finally make it through a part.

The visuals are intense, contrasting from the gloomiest lows to the most beautiful outdoor parts.

While the Playstation's ancient hardware leaves much to be desired, this game makes the best of it. With the help of
    some tricks Naughty Dog was able to maintain a mainly solid 30FPS at 720p. Unfortunately with that said the noisy PS3 can sometimes be a bother.

The story is where this game just leaves everything else behind, everything, ever, this game is an epic of a scale no other game even gets close to. Character so human with real reactions and no superpowers, it is a nice change to see.
  65. Feb 18, 2014
    The best game on PS3. The best game of 2013.
    Absolutely not "overrated" (which is a word thrown around all too often lately).
    The part that shines is the narrative, the characters, the dialogue, the environment, etc.
    The gameplay is like the Uncharted series but with a heavy focus on stealth, with the theme being survival horror. So think Uncharted + Metal Gear + Resident Evil.
    Everything is done right. Controls are great.
    If you don't care about those qualities or the gameplay genre, play something else. If you do play this, do the world a favor and don't rate it because it'd be like a person with no taste buds rating classy cuisine.
  66. Feb 18, 2014
    As many of you know this a naught dog production, the same developers which produced the stellar uncharted series. It is set in a future post-apolyptic desolate setting of america and is based round a few key and vital characters. The story is about survival and gathering resources for your character to use in crafting aid items, weapon upgrades etc. The game is linear in nature however not that it detracts from its special cinematic sequences or it's beautiful yet eerie setting, plus there is subtle player choice to be had in naughty dog's latest outing say upgrading your weapons, crafting molotovs and first aid items like in rage the video game, very similar. The main aspects of the last of us is its realistic and wonderful graphics, stellar voice acting/animation and the feeling that grips you tight of how close you get to the two main characters in the game. There is certainly a emotional link to them throughout your adventure, and in time it will only grow. the combat system in the game is for the most part very smooth and fluid-like, you can sprint, jog, vault, take cover, sneak etc which all helps to take out your enemies in a stealthy manner or in a brutal, satisfying way. The game does from a story point of view pulls you right in and doesn't let go. It is a mix of survival horror/action adventure with both elements ever so subtle and seamless in their exchange. The aiming in the game is quite bothersome and has a lot of natural sway on the reticle, which can be reduced slightly by finding supplements and herbs to upgrade it with. The level design in the game is top notch, It is very diverse and with that allows you utter freedom to play the game how you want. The story line is very simple but expertly well done. And the ending in my opinion is truly satisfying and well scripted. The attention to detail with the graphics is outstanding, everything is so ironically full of life and colour, the water effects excel with everything i have ever seen. I do however have some minor gripes, but due to being so minor that they do not affect my final score, but there are infrequent graphical bugs, with items disappearing and entire parts of the game as well, but there are seldom seen and only last barely a second. And you can only alter the sensitivity of both analog sticks rather than individually change them. Also the cover mechanic is automated and sometimes you simply cannot stick to a certain wall and on occasion has given my position away. And i do also wish the survival skill system was more abundant in which you had more choice on given gameplay aspects like vaulting and running speed, melee moves, etc. The enemies are fantastic within the game and choose random paths, are quite perceptive and just generally fun to take out. The game has a multiplayer mode which has several modes and about 11 maps, the survival skills, crafting system, weapons, and gameplay mechanics are borrowed from the campaign, which is a good thing. It always for a slow paced and tense experience, certain mechanics are tweaked to allow for a more smoother and balanced play. And is generally a lot of fun, and the one of few multiplayers in which i have enjoyed and dedicated a lot of my time to. But with all the praise, the main reason i love this game is the colourful cast of characters and the emotionally driven storyline. Its a pure gem of a game and one that ill be playing for some years, a masterpiece. Expand
  67. Feb 18, 2014
    To put it simply, if they did a re-release of this game on the PS4, i'd buy it again full price and buy a PS4 in the process even though i played through this game 6 times and done achievement runs.

This game is not without its flaws, the auto-save system isn't the best, there really isn't anyone playing the multilayer, and as a mainly PC gamer i found the lack of AA annoying (but i
    guess that's most console games).. but even with the flaws the experience I've had with this game is possibly one of the best.

if you have not played this, it is definitely worth checking out as i think its one of the (if not the) best games on last gen consoles.
  68. Feb 17, 2014
    The Last of Us Review:
    Pros/ Good Points:
    + It has one of the best stories ever told in videogame history, using not only cutscenes to tell the story, but gameplay as well, with in-game main and side conversations that truly make this game outstand. Incredible character development, with every single character adding something to the story. The best looking game of the generation with
    unbelievable lighting, colour palette and textures. Strong gameplay with a great and simple crafting system. Top notch audio design. Incredible music by Gustavo Santaolalla which developers used in the most appropriate moment, throughout the whole game. The multiplayer not only fits perfectly with the tone of the singleplayer experience, but also it is a hell of a fun to play and the only way you'll get higher levels will be by your skill in the game, and not the equipment you carry. Framerate rarely drops. I only experienced 3 or 4 technical glitches/bugs during my 3+ playthroughs. Though many complain, not letting the enemy AI find or notice Ellie is the best decission in terms of gameplay, though it can be a little game breaker. Ally AI is helpful, unlike most games.
    Cons/ Bad Points:
    - Enemy AI can be either too dumb or way to intelligent. Trophy list makes you replay the game at the very least 3 times if you want to get the platinum.
    Final thoughts and score:
    The Last of Us is the highest user rated game of the generation, and not for nothing. It achieves one of the best linear experiences with a really deep, touching and emotionall story that will stick within your mind weeks after beating it.
    Average Score: 10/10
  69. Feb 17, 2014
    Just Amazing, Another Masterpiece by Naughty Dog
    The Gameplay gives a nice challenge to the player. What you do is while progressing, find some scattered bullets, guns and objects since it is about survival. The combat can give an awesome atmosphere, and a fight with the small supply that you're given in the game, becoming longer with how much you collect within the game, you can give
    very brutal attacks to the enemy using melee with bats, axes and wooden planks, giving a satisfying combat, Stealth elements are a good part of the game as everything else, especially with the hearing ability. Exploration is not so much of a Problem, but it becomes better as a puzzle. The only problem is the AI, Enemy AI often seems to ignore a companion and they sometimes glitch a few times.
    The Story is the best of many video games, giving emotional and tear jerking moments, and the characters, especially Joel and Ellie, are extremely likeable.
    The Multiplayer has great gameplay elements in the game to it's deathmatches, but it's filled with annoying Micro-Transactions, typical Naughty Dog, always giving micro-transactions to a multiplayer.
    Overall, even though it has a few problems, This game is a Masterpiece and the best game i have played in the generation.
  70. Feb 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i love this game i dont think it is really about the game play which is amazing anyway i think it is about joel losing his daughter and over twenty years becoming cold and not caring about anyone . then ellie comes into his life at first he doesnt like her but as the game goes on you see there relationship develop and joel starts to really care about her as if she was his own daughter for all the gore and violence in this game i think it is probably one of the most touching games ive ever played really really brilliant stuff naughty dog Expand
  71. Feb 17, 2014
    even though this game is EXTREMELY overrated, i still think "The Last of Us" is a pretty great game. my hugest issue with the game is that unlike every other stealth game there is no failsafe. once you've been spotted, there is no way out of "alert mode". besides that complaint, everything else i have to say about this game is praise. the story is excellent, the gameplay can be quite scary at times, the game can be brutally difficult if you don't play wisely, the graphics are better than most ps4 games out right now and even the multiplayer is really fun Expand
  72. Feb 17, 2014
    The only thing i could say this is the best game i ever played! Masterpiece story, soundtracks, gameplay and graphic.10/10
    Thank you to everyone at NaughtyDog for making a truly life changes experience.
  73. Feb 16, 2014
    I have never had been impacted by the story as much ever since The Walking Dead season 1 game concluded in 2012. The Last of Us brings storytelling to a whole new level and surely changed the video game industry on its head during the end of the playstation 3. The Road is surely a big influence on the story told in the story of the last of us and the combat system is pure brilliance and downright gritty and brutal. Survival games have never been this good before. I cannot wait to see a sequel to this franchise or another Uncharted game but one thing is for certain, Naughty Dog did it again and most likely will triumph and surpass our expectations. Expand
  74. Feb 15, 2014
    This is the best game I have played in the last gen of games, it was creepy and scary at times and it looked fantastic, naughty dog really out did themselves in this game, hope there next game/franchise if even better. If that is at all possible.
  75. Feb 15, 2014
    Best Game of 2013. Gameplay, story, graphics, characters design... every single thing.
    The only thing i didnt like of it was its soundtrack, pretty lame work by Santaolalla, as always.
  76. Feb 14, 2014
    The game is the best I've played so far, but if I had to criticize anything it would be the length. It's quite short. I finished it in 20 hours. Make the count... Nevertheless one feels the emotion of this story in every step.
  77. Feb 13, 2014
    The Last of Us is an achievement in gaming, not just in 2013, but all time. It is also a perfect way to bookend this generation of gaming. The Last of Us has one of the most engaging story I have ever experienced in a game. Not because its really original, but because how well executed it is. From the voice acting, motion capture, score, to the beautiful graphics, it all pulls you in right from the first shot. Game-play-wise it is a strategic stealth/action game that has some of the most brutal action I've seen in any form of entertainment. If you own a PS3 you need to play The Last of Us. You owe it to yourself to play the PS3's crowning jewel! Expand
  78. Feb 13, 2014
    The Last Of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. The combat is brutal in fact VERY BRUTAL. 15mins into the game had me crying and that's a hard thing to do. The story is very good. It has 1 boss battle but its a creative one and a little tip in that boss fight throw a bottle or whatever at the third knife try then run up and knife that him like an animal. The few glitches I found are small and don't effect the gameplay much or at all. Crafting is easy very easy and needed unless you want to die.... a lot..... The soundtrack is legendary and I'm listening to it now as I type this. They eve added small and unnecessary details that are great like you making a laptop fall or blowing off limbs. Aiming is hard but it adds to the tension and there is a lock on assist in the options. The difficulty is very hard even on easy. Each character is remember able. This game is action and adventure combined with survival horror its a genre really. Game of the year here game of the year. Expand
  79. Feb 11, 2014
    I can't really get enough of this game. I just can't see why people hate this game so much, this is probably the best game I have played in my life so far, it has changed my life and the way I see the world. Most people that play GTAV (for those that prefer GTAV) haven't really grasped the concept of TLOU's story, they haven't grasped the feelings, the hate, the love, and the loyalty that stands between Ellie and Joel. This is a remarkable game, and if you don't have a PS3, I highly recommend that you get this game. This isn't a game where you can roam around and do whatever you want, this is story, and the story is heartbreaking and it keeps you on your couch. Ellie and Joel are really great dynamic protagonists that go through a lot of pain and fear to travel across America. When you play the game, you will see that the relationship between Ellie and Joel we'll start building up to a point where they can trust each other and care for each other. It warms my heart and it's understandable that you have to cooperate with others to survive in a post-apocalyptic world.

The Last of Us has left a scar on me, that scar will never be forgotten, because it will remind me of that one game in 2013 that changed my life. I really do recommend this game for players that have never even heard of it or have never played it. It's truly a masterpiece, it may not be GOTY for some people, but it's a masterpiece.

Ellie is by far my favorite character that has impacted my experiences in gaming so far, probably the best female character I know so far. She's just a little 14 year old girl that's born in a QZ for 14 years, eventually she is taken out across the country by a man who has been through a lot of rough times, Joel. Ellie isn't familiar with the outside world and it's lovely to see her talk about things she doesn't know about. You get to learn about her more when you progress through the single-player.

Get the game, it's a masterpiece, even I will never forget it. Never... 10/10
  80. Feb 10, 2014
    Еще с того самого E3 12 я ждал эту игру, даже она стала поводом купить PS3. В целом, геймплей и атмосфера хороши, сюжетная завязка тоже затягивает, такие игры могут тягаться с произведениями литературы. Но концовка не понравилась, нет, она конечно добротная, но прямо говорит что ждите продолжения (вероятно на PS4), которую я брать не буду.
  81. Feb 8, 2014
    All that can be said of how good the game is too obvious to be told, I just want to give a bow to naughty dog for being such a great company capable of such evolving from crash bandicoot to the last of us.
  82. Feb 8, 2014
    One of the best storylines of any game I've played (ever), phenomenal graphics, above-average gameplay (good hints, no frustrating levels) and long playtime
  83. Feb 6, 2014
    PlayStation 3 isn’t only well-known for its number of exclusive games, but for the sheer number of quality exclusives. That’s what makes The Last of Us even more impressive, because not only does it join the ranks of Uncharted, Killzone, God of War, Infamous and more, but it bests them all. In short, Naughty Dog has crafted a game that impresses in virtually every way. The Last of Us is a true feat.

Its unrivaled presentation in particular sets the bar even higher than the Uncharted trilogy already did, and its writing, voice acting and layered gameplay combine to create what is very easily the game to beat for Game of the Year 2013.
  84. Feb 5, 2014
    The Last of Us is the gateway to a whole new era of storytelling and interactive experience. Naughtydog has managed to justify almost all of this game's gritty and intense mechanics through story-telling and the emotional impact of taking a life in order to survive. It doesn't hurt that the actors were all perfectly cast and portrayed. Honestly, much better than most of the movie performances I have seen all year. The Last of Us excels beyond a game and into an experience. I really hope non-gamers can learn to appreciate the impact a perfectly executed game can have and how important it is as a new medium. The Naughtydog studio is visionary and will forever leave me craving more of their style: flawless and impact-full storytelling, some of the best actors and talent in the business, stunning and engrossing graphics, and emotions and thoughts that will last long after you play the game.

Oh yeah, and the multiplayer experience: Ridiculously amazing. Nothing is better than out-trapping and out-smarting your opponents. It is such a perfectly balanced experience (with the exception of the OP flamethrower) that you can easily pick it up and find immediate enjoyment. Playing in groups of four is an absolute blast and coordinating tactics with your friends to annihilate the opposing faction is beyond rewarding. It's good enough that Naughtydog gave us one of the most emotionally rewarding and mind-blowing single player campaigns available, but the fact that I can keep coming back to the multiplayer experience to nail-board bash my way to success is much appreciated.

An amazing game. The best game. They better be working on The Laster Of Us because I have never been so satisfied and yet craving of more. If anyone can successfully pull-off a sequel and continue improving a series it's Naughtydog. Considering they made as near of a perfect game as they could... it's interesting to see where they will go to continue to push the gaming industry.

If you have a PS3 and haven't bought this game: you have a serious problem.
    If you have an XBOX 360, you need to sell your system, buy a PS3, and buy this game.
  85. Feb 5, 2014
    This game truly deserves the game of the year citation. It has a mix of action, suspense and drama that only a few game developers can provide. Naughty Dog has achieved video game greatness unlike any other so far.

I haven't finished the game to be honest, but I love what I am encountering so far. And I just started the Fall chapter, which from feed back seems like things are about to
    stir up even more. Expand
  86. Feb 4, 2014
    {Minor Spoilers} As simply as I can put it, The Last of Us is an accomplishment. This is the game to beat in the coming years and the first game I've played that masterfully melds gameplay with narrative in a way that seems effortless done by the masterful team at Naughtydog. This is a game about the best and worst of people that is heightened by the intensity and great use of tension in a post apocalyptic setting. You play as the character of Joel; a person that has been affected very personally by the fungal outbreak and has few morale lines left to cross after surviving for twenty years after everything changed. He lives in a quarantine zone within what's left of Boston and is controlled by the military under martial law. He survives through smuggling things in and out of the city and is eventually tasked by a rebel group he has ties with to smuggle a teenage girl named Ellie to a checkpoint which eventually turns into a journey across the country. The character of Joel is more complex than many protagonists and isn't necessarily meant to be the "good guy". He's a person with a past and his own set of morals which makes him very believable. While Joel had a life before the outbreak, Ellie was born into this world and didn't know life outside of the quarantine zone before Joel reluctantly took the job that defines the game. You see the contrast between Joel and Ellie very early on. Ellie doesn't have anything to miss before the outbreak and often asks Joel about things in the environment that served a purpose before the infection spread. Joel will often describe things very vaguely early on almost like he doesn't want to get to close and form a relationship he fears he'll lose. The whole game has moments like these that can be dissected and more eloquently described but I just wanted to put my voice out there for how much I love this game and figured people who haven't played yet might be reminded by all the hype surrounding the next DLC so hopefully this helped someone. Expand
  87. Feb 3, 2014
    I'm going to keep this review short and sweet because you really need to play the game to understand its brilliance. I finished the game 3 months ago and I still mention it in every games conversation. This simply is a must have game. Naughty Dog have pushed the ps3 to its limits to create a beautiful looking game with a fantastic engaging story and unforgettable characters. You really come to care for Ellie (the young girl you are protecting) during the game and this is something so many games cannot do.

The controls work very well and really give you the feeling you are fighting for your life. The level designs are genius and look stunning. The story is exciting and moving, Once scene had me having to pause the game and just take ten minutes to think to my self as it was so upsetting. The zombies and monsters are terrifying, the clickers really are the things of nightmares. You really do feel like you are in an the middle of a zombie apocalypse, no game has ever felt this real. Once you pick up the pad you will not put it down until you have completed it.

Oh and the ending! Wow, this game does not give you choices or alternative endings. You play as Joel and you are forced to see life through his eyes, you make his decisions not your own and these some times take you to dark, gritty places. You come out of the game feeling a true emotional response. Even a joy that the world you live in is not like in the game. I found myself happy to kiss my kids goodnight in the safety of my warm home. People who jokingly say they want a zombie apocalypse may think twice after experiencing The Last Of Us.

The greatest game on the PS3? Buy it and decide for your self, you will not be disappointed.
  88. Jan 30, 2014
    Naughty Dog proved itself again as the best game studio. Its production, the Last of Us inherits the studio's specialties: solid gameplay, satisfying platformer, interesting dialogues and most importantly, amazing characters. The protagonists, Joel and Ellie, are easily among the best written characters in all video games and you will, after playing this game, feel attached with them and genuinely care about them. I don't know if it is possible to not like Joel and Ellie but I am in love with them.
    Set in the post-apocalyptic US, Joel and Ellie must journey across the country in search of a group. In this world an unknown pandemic has ravaged mankind, transforming infected into half-human-half-fungus undead. What sets the Last of Us different from all other zombie games is that the infected here are also blind and therefore by moving quietly it is possible to avoid conflict at all. Ammo and healing supplies are limited (there is no stomping corpses to reveal supplies here), so stealth is always the better option. When combat is the only way to go, the Last of Us becomes a solid third person shooter almost identical to the Uncharted series.
    The world in the Last of Us is vibrant and believable. As is all post-apocalyptic worlds, the world goes into chaos and survival is dependent on oneself: only the fittest survives. There is no hero or antagonist in the Last of Us; only survivors. In fact, Joel is so ruthless against other survivors standing in his way that you might feel that he is, in a sense, the villain.
    However no game is perfect--not even the Last of Us. Supplies for tools feel a little bit too plentiful. For example nail bombs should have been valuable weapons that are only used in the most desperate times, but they are in fact so common in the world that I found my backpack too full to carry yet even more of them. In the same sense weapons are also too powerful for a game like this: your arsenal isn't limited at all; you will get a freaking flame thrower half way into the story. Also the ending is somewhat disappointing; I won't spoil anything for you, but I was disappointed.
    BUT--- with this ending it is possible for them to make a sequel. :DD As the Last of Us is so successful this is very likely to be the case--I cannot wait to see more of Joel and Ellie's journey.
  89. Jan 30, 2014
    Just a great game. I loved the story, the characters and the gameplay. I even like the multiplayer. It's my personal pick for GOTY and my favorite game. If you have a PS3, I seriously recommend the game.
  90. Jan 30, 2014
    I had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is the game with the best story i've ever played!! I think every ps3 owner should buy this game before upgarding to ps4! Thank you Naughty Dog! Expand
  91. Jan 29, 2014
    By the time I had put down the controller, I felt a degree of satisfaction I haven't gotten from a game in a long time.

Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us" was released as a PlayStation 3 exclusive back in spring 2013, but I would have believed it if someone told me it came out today. The game looks beautiful, and does a great job in appearing almost realistic. The cinematics are an ever
    further step, with amazing facial designs and lighting effects. These characters really do come to life. The environments are well designed, with a lot of attention to detail. Every nook and cranny is fully explore-able, and often has a goody or two in the form of resources, collectibles, and notes. It's clear that a lot of love and care went into this game. Even without anything to pick up, exploring the areas in it of itself is exciting. Walking into a side room to find a skeleton cowering in the corner puts dark images in your head. Writings on the walls and destruction of objects continue to add to the ambiance. The anticipation and dread of finding out what's on the other side of a door is enough to send shivers down your spine.

The enemies are well designed too. Seeing a man with his head split in half while he hobbles towards you is horrifying too say the least. Alerting a horde of them by mistake is frightening, and the panic they cause you is genuine. Thankfully, no two zombies look the same. They all have different clothes, and more importantly, differently mangled and distorted bodies. Most notable is the head, which could still look normal and intact, or it could be a disgusting mess of fungus and blood. It's a very big relief , since fighting the same enemy over and over again can be a major drag. The human enemies look great as well, but they just can't compare to the sight of a clicker running right at you.

My first impressions of the game, however, were not that great. Without a doubt, the weakest part of The Last of Us is the mechanics. During the first hour or two, that becomes very apparent.There are some great moments when you feel really tense and excited, but those don't come until much later. Shooting is not the smoothest, especially since the early gun is not very good. However, it does improve, and you continue to find more weapons, which helps to freshen up the combat and keep it from feeling repetitive. It also took a while for me to get the hang of the stealth system, and I often found myself wishing it was more like Hitman's. I really was not hooked during the opening hours. I wasn't having fun going down these very linear segments with what I felt was a broken stealth system. After all, why even bother sneaking when you can just rush the enemy and beat them down? I also didn't see what made this game so special. It seemed like just another zombie apocalypse game, which I am pretty sick of these days. Luckily, the game finally picked up once you started to meet more characters and the game opened up a little bit. The levels themselves are still linear, but there's plenty of extra space to explore, which is one of the game's greatest strengths. The stealth also grew on me quite substantially, and never really caused me much problem afterwards.

It's pretty obvious that the narrative is the high point of the game. The voice actors deserve credit because they all did a fantastic job. It was a movie-like quality performance by each one, especially Troy Baker as Joel. The story really was what made me keep playing. I wanted to see more of the world, read about what happened to the previous inhabitants, and learn more about the outbreak. On the surface, yes, it is just another clichéd zombie story that we've all heard a million times. But as you dive deeper, you see that Naughty Dog does so much more with it. They know exactly how to make you feel the characters's pain, and they don't pull their punches. It's truly some of the greatest writing in a video game.

My final point is about the experience as a whole. Some people might argue that it is more of a movie than a game, and even that simply watching the cutscenes provides the same experience. They could not be more wrong. The only real way to fully enjoy The Last of Us is by playing it. A movie equivalent would not be the same. By playing it, you are enabled to create a special connection to the characters, one that cannot be replicated by simply watching alone. The game may be presentation heavy, but it is still a game at it's core.

In short, The Last of Us is a phenomenal game that really should be played by anyone who can. I went in with expectations that it would be overrated, but it really is something special. Do not hesitate to pick this one up.
  92. Jan 27, 2014
    It held a place in my heart. Naughty dog brought us what everyone wanted. Definitely revolutionized the voice acting aspect in games. Hands down, best game on the ps3, a must buy. Not to mention addictive multiplayer as well.
  93. Jan 25, 2014
    Mine think its the best game ever my life what i have ever played, i have played in pc many years, now i got ps3 and when i get hands on The Last Of Us its just looks phenomenal, it's masterpiece. I finished game two days ago and in end i realized, how can be game that awesome all if this game is so perfect and beautiful. Mine think its yes the best game ever, seriously.

NaughtyDog has
    made excellent work agin. I thinking do purchase Post-Pandemic Edition or Survival Edition, probably Survival one. If this game self even cost 300€ i will definitely buy that without think about that. Thants are mine rating of that game.

Also i have allready pre-orded Left Behind SP DLC, cannot wait when 14 come :P
    So now if i see rating overall that game ign/gamespot/eurogamer all give max points.

The Last Of Us - Masterpiece Art of game.
  94. Jan 24, 2014
    journeyfreak787
    Jun 14, 2013
    This game truly is phenomenal. Naughty Dog proves yet again why they are the kings of the PS3, and arguably gaming in general. The Last of Us gets everything right. The environments, the atmosphere, the gameplay, the storyline, the characters, the graphics. Everything. I really can't say enough how amazing this game truly ended up being.
  95. Jan 24, 2014
    A beautiful looking game on every console. This was a very fun game that i enjoyed very much, It was pretty hard and challenging at some spots in the game, but keeps you gripping your seat because you can get super scared. the zombies in the game seemed mostly realistic the names were funny two for the zombies (The Clickers) lol for example. overall a great game and definitely worth getting.
  96. Jan 23, 2014
    Well although there were lots of 10/10s,but the combat system compared to the one they showed before they released the game(I know the release will be different from before...)was so much more realistic,even though i never do get bored of the combat,but it's variety is not really that good and multiplayer is screwed by CoD and BF4,it took me 10 minutes just to find a group of people,and people wanted zombie mode but naughty dog said that it can't work because that the zombies would mess up some stuff.The new customization items,this is how i see it:you pay for a dlc so that you can pay more money for a dlc within a dlc,wow(eventhough I had the online pass code.) Expand
  97. Jan 22, 2014
    The Last Of Us:
    +Best Storyline+
    +Best Characters+
    +Amazing Graphics+
    +Great Voice Acting+
    +Nice Sound Effects+

The Last Of Us is absolutely one of the best games ever.
  98. Jan 20, 2014
    GOOD THINGS:
    PLOT: I thought it very cliché, similar to I am the Legend and War of the Worlds, but the characters are very charismatics, and the narrative goes very well.
    GAMEPLAY: Very fun, either Stealth or TPS, both are perfect, making improvised weapons are cool, finding medicine and pieces to Level Up are very good made.
    Soundtrack: very sad, and absent in the most time.
  99. Jan 20, 2014
    I've been a gamer for over two decades now (ever since the original Nintendo), and I can firmly and confidently say that this is THE best game I've ever played.

This game without a doubt deserves 5/5. I feel that anyone that gives it less didn't get what it was trying to do. This isn't a standard video game. It's primary purpose is to tell you a story. An interactive story, where you
    actually feel like you're there with the characters, experiencing everything with them as they experience it. It's something books and movies can't quite pull off, and is video game specific. Even among games, it's extremely rare that a truly successful and well-done interactive narrative can be pulled off so successfully. Everything really matters.

The only downside I can think of is that there is a ton of swearing, and a pretty decent amount of violence, so this game isn't for the little ones below 10 years. Also, the AI does odd stuff occasionally. But virtually everything else is virtually flawless, breath-taking, heart-breaking, and intense. The writing, art & environments, acting, and music are all above top-notch. It will keep you on the edge of your seat, whether it be due to wondering what's lurking around the corner, or to hear what interesting tid-bit your in-game companions will say next.

This game is for anyone and everyone that appreciates a good story. If you've ever enjoyed a fictional book, movie, or video game, in your entire life, you owe yourself this experience. Do what you have to do, to become the last of us. You won't regret it.

P.S. You should really read the very short prequel comics first (before playing the game), written by the head writer of the game. They're official storyline, and really do add a lot of little neat things and details to the game that you wouldn't appreciate or would miss otherwise.
  100. Jan 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the greatest games I've ever played on my life, the story is great, the voice acting is some of the best, if not the best ever, the gameplay is dynamic, and different than most games, and the zombies are different than any other type of other zombies, the ending isn't a clichéd ending that a Hollywood blockbusters have, and the multiplayer is actually a lot of fun.
    This is a perfect game.
  101. Oct 7, 2013
    Lets face it... you know this game is good. But you wanna know how good? I gave this game a 9, but instead of praising like everyone else I want to point out the minor flaw, repetition. It only took me a few encounters before I could exploit the enemy AI. Soon enough I began handling all encounters the same way. It didn't take away from the tension though. If your not burnt out on the zombie theme this game is for you. Naughty Dog has cemented itself as one of the best studios in gaming history this generation. Collapse

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]