The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematicI'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematic experience without sacrificing anything in the gameplay department. It's a survival game with a fantastic story and characters. Having to constantly scrounge around for supplies really gives you the feeling that you're doing whatever it takes to survive in this harsh world. Combat is always intense and brutal. I have to give special praise to the games satisfying melee combat because it's truly awesome. By far the best part of the story mode is the actual story. I don't want to spoil anything but I can tell you that it's an emotional tale filled with characters so human you can't help but care about them. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun and something different than the norm. You choose one of two factions and battle it out for supplies to grow your own virtual faction and keep them alive. The actual gameplay revolves around teamwork and making smart use of your limited supplies. Even in multiplayer you'll be scrounging to survive. The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that pull you in and wont let you go. Go pick it up now, if you don't you wont just be missing out on one of the best games of this year, but also one of the best games of all time. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2013
    Any title as well reviewed as the Last of Us will always be a target for people looking for attention. All I can say is ignore them because this is undoubtedly one of the games of the current console generation.

Anything this ambitious will of course have a few minor flaws (the most noticeable being the odd occasion in which your companion stands out in the open and doesn’t get seen) but these are easy to ignore thanks to the virtually perfect mix of cinematic storytelling and superbly tense gameplay that kept me enthralled for the entire 17 hours it took me to complete it. If you don’t own a PS3 there is no better reason to buy one than The Last of Us.
  3. Apr 26, 2014
    even though i have not played this game . i did watch it on youtube .Last of us is a game of fun , epic and a romantic story behind it . Its not a die had zombie game like [ dead rising 3 ] or any fun games . its actually a zombie classic . The realtionship between the ellie and joel during a zombie apocalypse is what is part of the game basically and find a way to get out of it . Grade A+
  4. Aug 21, 2013
    The Last of Us is a REALLY difficult game to review. On one hand, it has hands down the best story, characterizations and acting I've ever come across in a game. It even puts the likes of Telltale's The Walking Dead to shame. The game makes you feel sad and angry at all the right moments. It is absolutely perfect in that regard and a new benchmark for gaming. That said, gameplay wise, TheThe Last of Us is a REALLY difficult game to review. On one hand, it has hands down the best story, characterizations and acting I've ever come across in a game. It even puts the likes of Telltale's The Walking Dead to shame. The game makes you feel sad and angry at all the right moments. It is absolutely perfect in that regard and a new benchmark for gaming. That said, gameplay wise, The Last of Us often treads uneven ground. The game is very repetitive. You enter an area, kill or sneak past a finite amount of enemies and then escape that area via a ladder wheely bin garage door floating pallet. Then you enter the next area and do exactly the same. Aside from aesthetic changes, there is almost no deviation in this routine. Why Joel and Ellie can seemingly always find a ladder or pallet whenever they need one is quite the mystery indeed. It kind of reminds me of the old Adam west Batman TV show, where the Bats had a repellent for every known situation ever developed (shark repellent bear repellent heterosexual repellent... etc). The sheer stupidity of that mechanic broke immersion many, many times. The combat is decent enough. The human enemy A.I is nice, with lots of flanking and cover tactics being employed. The stealthy monster takedowns feel very gamey and arena based but they're OK too. The difficulty can be pretty harsh at times. This was a game that I had to repeat many different sections of. It can get frustrating because the checkpoint system sends you right back to the start of the 'arena' you're in, sometimes deleting a fair amount of hard-fought progress. Overall, The Last of Us was a very memorable experience. There was far too much stupidity and frustration in the gameplay for it to be perfect but that story... Wow! Expand
  5. Sep 16, 2014
    The main characters are really handsome and the people who did their voice,they are just amazing.The graphics are spectacular and the story is not original but still fun to play.
  6. Jun 16, 2013
    While, not a game for everyone, the Last of Us immerses you in its atmosphere so well that you feel you are right there in this apocalyptic zombie future. The motion capture, subtle emotion, and voice work are all top notch and the best I've ever seen/heard. Also, the vastness of space combined with the amount of detail in this game is jaw dropping. At times, I was so immersed I forgot IWhile, not a game for everyone, the Last of Us immerses you in its atmosphere so well that you feel you are right there in this apocalyptic zombie future. The motion capture, subtle emotion, and voice work are all top notch and the best I've ever seen/heard. Also, the vastness of space combined with the amount of detail in this game is jaw dropping. At times, I was so immersed I forgot I was watching a video game and felt like I was watching real people trek through a journey of survival. I think the overall gameplay experience will be a love it or hate it. Like some games that focus solely on action combat, this game focuses solely on survival combat. Theres not a lot of variety between core gameplay mechanics. Its always either stealth, survival combat, or environmental traversal. So if you love those mechanics, you'll love this game, but if you wish for something more, this game may not satisfy you completely. Also, this is not really a horror game, its a survival game. It not scary in the sense that when you see a monster you are horrified by its look and sound, its horrifying in the sense of hopelessness the present world evokes. Its horrifying to see how people now interact with each other because of this hopelessness in the world. The reason I didn't give the game a 10 was the survival of the main characters at times seemed so far fetched and forced to keep the story going. While I know this is just a "game" and pretty much every game does this, I think it stood out more in this game because everything else was so much more immersive. Also, the core gameplay wasn't my cup of tea. Overall tho, I enjoyed Naughty Dog's unique take on the zombie videogame genre. Expand
  7. Nov 9, 2014
    Can not seem to digest when it reaches the end, you are challenged to the limit in such a humane and sentimental drama you clings easily and is hard to say goodbye. I really do not know how to call this grandeur that despite being a game and brings a very human feeling emanates from there and he slingshot you. THE LAST OF US is not just any game is a masterpiece grand and unforgettable andCan not seem to digest when it reaches the end, you are challenged to the limit in such a humane and sentimental drama you clings easily and is hard to say goodbye. I really do not know how to call this grandeur that despite being a game and brings a very human feeling emanates from there and he slingshot you. THE LAST OF US is not just any game is a masterpiece grand and unforgettable and full of feelings where we are challenged to try each one. Expand
  8. Aug 14, 2014
    A masterpiece that surpasses Uncharted 2 and tells a realistic tale and gives a vicious gameplay. I'm just wordless with this game. It's just amazing.

Yep.
  9. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What does it mean to be called a masterful game? If you look or play for an hour of The Last of Us, that question might just be answered, hell even the prologue is enough to make you go crying into your pillow. This is the ultimate swan song of this generation, and could easily contend with being the best of them all.
    Naughty Dog, the wonderful creators behind Uncharted, have not created a carbon copy of their best selling franchise, and while there are similarities in terms of gameplay and mechanics, it firmly stands on its own two feet as not only better than Uncharted, but something special that may never be matched again.
    The game is a fully interactive piece of art, kicking off in the current year where we bear witness to a vicious fungal outbreak that 'infects' most of the population, infect or infected being the prime word here, contrary to popular belief, this is not a regular zombie post-apocalyptic flick, for the simple reason that these are not zombies, they are infected human beings as outlined by the creators.
    We assume the role of Joel, a late thirties/early forties man who is the victim of a tragic opening in the game, where we are introduced to what exactly has happened, but its when the game fast forwards 20 years that the full extent of the title is explained, unknown as to who has survived the outbreak and under strict military regime, Joel works as a smuggler for a local band of misfits in a quarantined Boston, but when he is tasked with smuggling a young girl called Ellie across the country, he is initially quite skeptical about going out of his way for this girl that he knows nothing about .
    While they start to traverse across a broken America, their initial awkwardness around each other starts to wear off, and one of the highlights of the game is the conversations that these two have. Ellie, who was born after the outbreak, is in a strange world and often likes to hear about how it used to be her surprise at random stories of the past may just have you questioning your own life and what has been forgotten.
    Taking place across a year, we witness the various seasons and beautiful landscapes and cities that Naughty Dog has created for our two heroes, whatever diverse and rich environment you are in for a particular part of the story, be sure to explore it, simply for the fact that supplies and ammunition are low throughout the game, where choices have to be made in terms of what you can carry and and what you may need to carry.
    As a story, The Last of Us is a true benchmark not only in game storytelling, but in a literary sense it is near perfect. These creatures that attack you are never brushed off with rock music to show any valour in our characters, they realise that these are still people, but of course these infected are a force to be reckoned with, a group called Clickers may just have you being sleepless for a while, these ones have got the worst of the infection, and while they cannot see, the slightest noise you make will alert them and have them chasing you endlessly, the name of them deriving from the sound they make, one of the most dreaded sounds in the game, because not matter what age you may be, this is a frightening and emotionally draining story from start to finish, whether you have to somehow sneak or fight your way through a band of infected, or if your only source of light is a torch clipped to your chest, these are some of the best but most frightening pieces of the game.
    The creators have proved once again that an amount of care and sympathy can be felt for video game characters, Joel and Ellie are the most unlikely duo with the biggest task at hand, and each and every time one of them hit any trouble, there is despair to be felt in case any harm should come to them, we laugh and perhaps cry with them, Ellie isn't able to swim and Joel must go and find something to help her cross, its the little things that give us so much from these characters, a remarkable feat from the makers, they know how bad they have it, and now we must share their pain, with the limited ammo that we have.
    No analysis of multiplayer, I have yet to play it, but for what the game is created for, the story, this is a truly wondrous and phenomenal stroke of genius and creative mastery, an epic tale of survival, loyalty, willpower, loneliness but most of all, friendship. The game is truly breathtaking and will undoubtedly stand the test of time and should deservedly be on everyone's list as one of the best games ever created, because it will certainly not be a forgettable experience.
  10. Aug 30, 2015
    The Last of Us
    Master Piece
    The Last of Us is an Action Adventure Survival Horror game that tells the story of Joel and Ellie. The United States has been reclaimed by Mother Nature and a fungus has taken over human brains. You spend the game getting over every obstacle the world throws at you. The World in the last of us is honestly the most well-crafted game world I’ve ever
    The Last of Us
    Master Piece
    You spend the game getting over every obstacle the world throws at you.
    The World in the last of us is honestly the most well-crafted game world I’ve ever experienced.
    So is the actual game play and the way you interact with the world.
    Really as a game in general, this is perfection, the new standard.
    The world crumbles and breaks around, there’s constant banter and communication between, Joel, ellie, and the other characters you meet along your journey.
    Every character and dialog is so perfectly written.
    They all have their own personality and flavor to them.
    The constant back and forth with conversation and interactions with the world really brings the game to life in a way I’ve never experienced before.
    It feels so refreshingly organic.
    I can’t imagine being okay with anything less in the future from AAA developers.
    The gameplay is fluent, fun, and addictive.
    Though the last of us does a pretty great job of hiding it, at its heart this is a survival horror game, so as you should expect, there are plenty of stressful situations you’ll find yourself in.
    Lucky for you, the crumbling world is at your disposal to ease your stress a bit.
    There’s Is a crafting system in the game, and I know the word crafting can be overwhelming to many, as it is for me, but the crafting is insanely simple, there are only about 5 or so ingredients scattered around for you to pick up to create health kits, bombs, and weapon mods, and all you have to do to craft is hold x.
    Also scattered around are gears you can use at a tool bench to increase the stats on the weapons you’ll gradually find throughout the game.
    But back to the actual execution.
    You can play the last of us in any way you see fit.
    You can stealth your way through slowly, using your enhanced listening skill to spot enemies locations, and slowly sneak up behind them to take them out, or you can run and gun your way through a section mowing everyone down.
    Stealth is always your better option if you aren’t completely sure of enemy locations, otherwise you can find yourself surrounded by the insanely smart AI.
    Unlike most games, ai doesn’t just stick to a path, if they hear something, they will actively pursue you, if you get in a gun fight, they will try to flank and confuse you to try and get behind you and take you out.
    Luckily for you, you have a beast of a sidekick and ellie to help you out of some pretty close calls.
    Thankfully, encounters with enemies is not constant, you frequently get some much needed downtime to scavenge and let your heart settle back into your chest.
    So while the stress is definitely here in the last of us, it is in short bursts to prevent the game from feeling like a chore or a grind.
    The last of us will really take you everywhere.
    Through buildings, through water, the forest, museums, there’s a great adventure and a beautiful world waiting for you to get lost in and conquer.

After you are done with the games story, you can restart on a new game + or play it’s online multiplayer where you’re pinned up against hunters or fire flies to either interrogate the opposite team to find their lock box or eliminate the other team completely to win the game
    all 3 modes are equally addictive and work the same as single player
    you start out with your customizable perk load out and you scavenge supplies if you choose to do so to further equip your character
    While I personally thought the story in the last of us got weaker and weaker as the game went on, I still can’t deny the fact that the last of us is gameplay and game design perfection from beginning all the way til the end.
    It doesn’t let up, it doesn’t get lazy.
    I’m not a fan of survival horror games, but the last of us has just become my exception.

Survival Horror/ Action Adventure:

Overall:
  11. Apr 17, 2016
    I don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey youI don't think I have ever played a game like this. Saying this game was great would be an understatement. The game has an amazing story and is also helped by its incredible gameplay and characters. You take the role of Joel in a post-apocalyptic world, your job is to take Ellie (who I believe is the character of this generation) to a rebel group "the Fireflies". During your journey you will find characters that you can love and also hate. Not only Joel and Ellie's love grow, your love for these characters will also grow. If you can play one game in your life PLAY THIS!!! Expand
  12. Jun 9, 2016
    The Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate onThe Last of Us is one of the best exclusives on Playstation 3 . Really Awesome Graphics showing real graphics Playstation 3 and amazing storyline, one of the best storyline on Playstation 3 and in this game very cool main characters - Sara, here father and his friend . This game there are on PS3 and PS4 and on PS4 graphics is bettr than on PS3 and version on PS4 I would appreciate on 10/10, but this is version for Playstation 3 . Amazing game with amazing storyline even better than Heavy Rain . Expand
  13. Jun 18, 2013
    Lovely game and will be a contender for game of the year for sure, The Last of Us is not exactly about the story but the journey for the main characters, Joel and Ellie. The story has quite a few twists and turns and the combat is really well done. Don't expect an indepth fighting system or gunplay as that's not what this game is about. The combat is well done but there's not much there inLovely game and will be a contender for game of the year for sure, The Last of Us is not exactly about the story but the journey for the main characters, Joel and Ellie. The story has quite a few twists and turns and the combat is really well done. Don't expect an indepth fighting system or gunplay as that's not what this game is about. The combat is well done but there's not much there in the first place, which is good as that leaves them more time to focus on the journey of the characters. The development of both Joel and Ellie is very well done and the characters you meet up with on the way are excellently crafted and, when they eventually leave, they will get you to remember their presence for the rest of the game. This game is very dark and depressing. Don't go into it thinking things will go well for Joel and Ellie because nothing goes well for them. You will definitely love the game but know that you won't feel happy at the end of it. It lasts for about 12 hours and you'll definitely remember the whole thing. Highly recommend it and I highly recommend playing on the hardest difficulty and sticking with it. Expand
  14. Jan 30, 2014
    I had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is theI had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is the game with the best story i've ever played!! I think every ps3 owner should buy this game before upgarding to ps4! Thank you Naughty Dog! Expand
  15. Aug 9, 2014
    I felt restricted by the banality of the puzzles and the sections where the 'run button' is deactivated. The excellence of the art and level design is moderately entertaining, even when Joel is restricted to slowly walk through 10 minute sections. So it takes a non-gamer mindset to appreciate the game, imagining what the world has been like leading up to the state presented, rather than aI felt restricted by the banality of the puzzles and the sections where the 'run button' is deactivated. The excellence of the art and level design is moderately entertaining, even when Joel is restricted to slowly walk through 10 minute sections. So it takes a non-gamer mindset to appreciate the game, imagining what the world has been like leading up to the state presented, rather than a classic problem-solving approach where you are fully attended to progressing through the game. When Call of Duty shows technical excellence and standard gameplay, I call it an entertaining game. TLoU is similar in its ratio of technical excellence vs gameplay innovation. It's entertaining and a feast for the eyes. But the exciting zombie franchise is still called The Walking Dead, and the exciting Naughty Dog franchise is called Uncharted.

I leaned towards a 7/10 or even 8/10, but I stopped playing after completing the campaign. No alternative game modes (except online) to play around with. No exciting trophies to attempt. Just a few dozen inconsequential collectibles scattered throughout the campaign, and trophies for completing it several times. In a campaign where so many sections play on the strength of surprise and 'first-sight-marvel' I'd just rather play something else after seeing it once.

The ending is satisfying, but you could just read a plot summary and then watch the final hour on Youtube and get what the game wanted to tell. I liked the message (hint: love) but it wasn't necessary to trod through so many hours of slow progression to feel the impact of the story.
  16. Jun 22, 2013
    The Last of Us shows the world that gaming is as legitimate an entertainment form as any other medium, it defines its genre of action-adventure and it is also the biggest reason to own a PS3 if you dont already.
    20 years ago a fungal infection spread across the world, killing most of the human race. Now in the year 2033 the USA is governed by a security force who have herded survivors into quarantine zones, they are ruthless and will dish out punishment with extreme prejudice. An underground movement known as the Fireflies is rebelling against them and you, a middle aged man named Joel, are tasked with assisting them in escorting a young girl named Ellie across the country for she holds the cure to the virus that has plagued the world for 20 years.
    The story takes place over roughly a year and shows how Joel & Ellie's relationship changes from two people who are stuck with each other to that of a Father and Daughter scenario. This brings in some great plotlines usually revolving around concepts such as life and death or survival.
    The graphical standard of TLoU is simply mind-blowing, this is probably the best looking PS3 game ever made, from the lighting to the motion capture and textures, everything is utterly beautiful in TLoU.
    The multiplayer is also fun and doesn't compromise the main storylines quality.
    In short TLoU is a 12-15 hour thrill ride. If Telltale's The Walking Dead and Resident Evil 4 had a baby (whilst Uncharted was briefly involved for a threesome) this would be it. The Last of Us is superb from heart wrenching beginning to tear jerking end and once you are done all you want to do is go back and play it again and again.
  17. Jul 26, 2014
    The Last of Us is my favorite Playstation 3 game. The gameplay and story are just perfect. Online multiplayer is engaging and extremely addicted. This is one of the best games ever made.
  18. Jun 27, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played on the PS3 system! I played the game on "hard" setting and the game gave me a great challenge! The gameplay was very well balanced, I was forced to think before shooting and had to use different strategies to complete the goals set by the game designers! With the great gameplay the player also gets treated with a great story, amazingly wellOne of the best games I have ever played on the PS3 system! I played the game on "hard" setting and the game gave me a great challenge! The gameplay was very well balanced, I was forced to think before shooting and had to use different strategies to complete the goals set by the game designers! With the great gameplay the player also gets treated with a great story, amazingly well developed characters and best cut scenes seen on the ps3 to date! Expand
  19. Jul 25, 2014
    Masterpiece of a game and will be a legendary game in the video game franchise for as long as they exist. The story is just excellent, the gameplay is very good (some occasional bugs, for example when you are sneaking about trying to avoid the clickers or normal enemies sometimes ellie will run about and walk straight into them but they wont notice her at times) its the second best game ofMasterpiece of a game and will be a legendary game in the video game franchise for as long as they exist. The story is just excellent, the gameplay is very good (some occasional bugs, for example when you are sneaking about trying to avoid the clickers or normal enemies sometimes ellie will run about and walk straight into them but they wont notice her at times) its the second best game of the last generation, behind GTA V . Expand
  20. Dec 30, 2014
    The Last of Us creates a story with a fully realized world and well developed characters that grips you and absorbs you to the world. The lingering of dread really adds to the survival aspect of the game. And the gameplay just adds to how excellent the game is, because it really feels like a true survival horror. This is a definitive masterpiece.
  21. Jul 19, 2013
    wow what a great amazing game naughty dog did it again after the amazing uncharted and brought us The last of us first let's talk about the graphics the graphics in this game are up good they're so good best graphic ever on ps3 ,the lighting the shadows the way their mouth and body moves is so realistic you feel like they're real people ,The gameplay familiar?yes awesome yes, itwow what a great amazing game naughty dog did it again after the amazing uncharted and brought us The last of us first let's talk about the graphics the graphics in this game are up good they're so good best graphic ever on ps3 ,the lighting the shadows the way their mouth and body moves is so realistic you feel like they're real people ,The gameplay familiar?yes awesome yes, it is as if naughty dog wanted to tell capcom you didn't have to turn survival horror into action to succeed also the crafting in this game is awesome some games make it bad and makes you hate it but in this game it's easy and works really well the ammo is a bit rare in this game but you'll end up saving many ammo as the game urges you to play more stealth which by the end you'll be so good at it stealth kill in this game are amazing when you strangle someone the man tries to resist you'll feel like that's how strangling should be ,the story in this game is so damn good it has so many emotional dark and sad moments you'll ever see in a game and the ending believe me you'll never see it coming but after all that what naughty dog did really well in this game is the AI it so good although friendly AI can be bad at some moment bad the enemy's AI is so good for example i took one as a human shield but his friend shot him and killed to be able to kill me that's AI right there in the end i loved the character loved the story and loved the game play
    so is this an overrated game no believe me it deserves to be one of the finest games of this generation
  22. Jun 30, 2013
    I have to say more of the same. The Last of Us is not only this best, the most important game of THIS generation. It is, probably, one of the best, most important gaming experiences ever conceived. I don't know where to start, honestly. So I will use this review just to say one thing: if you care about games, if you play them, if games are something you take seriously, I BEG you don't missI have to say more of the same. The Last of Us is not only this best, the most important game of THIS generation. It is, probably, one of the best, most important gaming experiences ever conceived. I don't know where to start, honestly. So I will use this review just to say one thing: if you care about games, if you play them, if games are something you take seriously, I BEG you don't miss this one out. I don't need to talk about graphics, text, voice acting, gameplay etc etc. The videos and reviews are all praising all those things. What I will say is that never before had I such a deep, emotional, haunting experience. It got me thrilled, excited, sad, juggling laughter and tears in equal portions. This is more than a game. It's the perfect film, the perfect book, the perfect song. And, call me crazy, a beautiful memory as well. I will never forget this game. Expand
  23. Jul 18, 2014
    Es impresionante que en el tramo final de PS3 salga un juego así de bueno. La historia es muy interesante y contiene giros totalmente inesperados. El prólogo ya te pone la piel de gallina... Técnicamente es una delicia y la jugabilidad es exquisita. La relación entre Joel y Ellie es una de las mejores que se han visto en un videojuego. El final del juego es muy original e inesperado.Es impresionante que en el tramo final de PS3 salga un juego así de bueno. La historia es muy interesante y contiene giros totalmente inesperados. El prólogo ya te pone la piel de gallina... Técnicamente es una delicia y la jugabilidad es exquisita. La relación entre Joel y Ellie es una de las mejores que se han visto en un videojuego. El final del juego es muy original e inesperado. Compra imprescindible para cualquier poseedor de PS3. Expand
  24. Oct 19, 2014
    Twenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journeyTwenty years after a pandemic radically transformed known civilization, infected humans run amuck and survivors kill one another for sustenance and weapons - literally whatever they can get their hands on. Joel, a salty survivor, is hired to smuggle a fourteen-year-old girl, Ellie, out of a rough military quarantine, but what begins as a simple job quickly turns into a brutal journey across the country. Expand
  25. Aug 23, 2013
    I was starting to doubt if it was any good but once you see the incredibly emotional opening (even the opening credits shook me), and use the realistic, gruesome and fun violence, along with a story that is just amazing. The story is one of the best stories ever (including literature, film, TV or what have you). I loved these characters: Joel is a complete phucking badass and Ellie earnsI was starting to doubt if it was any good but once you see the incredibly emotional opening (even the opening credits shook me), and use the realistic, gruesome and fun violence, along with a story that is just amazing. The story is one of the best stories ever (including literature, film, TV or what have you). I loved these characters: Joel is a complete phucking badass and Ellie earns your passion. The music, the graphics, the sound are mind-blowing. Every goddamn thing about this game screams perfection. Naughty Dog stepped away from their cartoonish Uncharted and Jak & Daxter and got my heart pumped and passion burning bright red. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!! Either you go stealth or combat, it works out beautifully. It is one of the greatest games ever. Plain and simple. Those who disagree are completely blind or have not yet experienced the pure awesomeness of this game. The voice acting is among the best I've ever heard. Major replay value Expand
  26. Jul 2, 2013
    The saying saving it's best for last has never seemed more appropriate. The PS3 may very well have waited until it's dying embers before unleashing arguably it's greatest game upon us. I knew this game would be good. Let's be honest, you don't make Uncharted games and not give us a decent game but I wasn't prepared for this. The Last of Us is astonishingly amazing. It might turn out to beThe saying saving it's best for last has never seemed more appropriate. The PS3 may very well have waited until it's dying embers before unleashing arguably it's greatest game upon us. I knew this game would be good. Let's be honest, you don't make Uncharted games and not give us a decent game but I wasn't prepared for this. The Last of Us is astonishingly amazing. It might turn out to be the game that defines the PS3. It's extraordinary!! Any PS3 owner who doesn't own this doesn't deserve to have the console. It's a masterpiece from start to finish. The game follows the journey of Joel and Ellie, who travel across a post-apocalyptic America in 2033 following the outbreak of a mutant cordyceps as they seek The Fireflies, a resistance group who believe Ellie has the cure to save the world. The story is captivating and an emotional tour-de-force throughout. Never has a game touched me so much as this. Its full of emotional highs and lows where every decision has a consequence as you battle zombie-like infected mutants, bandits and cannibals as you battle across a savaged USA. The setting is actually stunning. The post-apocalyptic America is mesmerising and so authentic. Naughty Dog really have raised the bar once again. The scenery is beautiful. And graphically, this is as good as it gets. It's frightening to think what Naughty Dog will have instore with next gen. The gameplay is near flawless. Much like Uncharted but more free flowing. The environments really play a vital part and the stealth aspect was a splendid inclusion. It really makes you as the gamer in charge of the method you wish to complete the game because enemies react differently depending on your approach. Your also able to craft weapons during the game which again is genius! The story is where The Last of Us is truly exceptional. It's such a rewarding and exhilarating experience. Right from the tragic beginning to the contentious ending. It's an unforgettable game The journey and the experience alone are awesome. You feel part of Joel and Ellie's story. And there relationship is at the heart of the story. It blossoms beautifully throughout. In conclusion this could well be the ultimate game available. In terms of an all round package, it's unmissable. It showcases exactly what the PS3 does best. And at it's very best. The Last of Us is not only n imperative purchase for any PS3 owner but the must have game of the year! Expand
  27. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a good game and an interesting story.
  28. Sep 9, 2013
    It's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might beIt's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might be turned off by this who would rather play games that allows them to sustain massive amount of damage, but I believe in a genre game like this, the combat fits in perfectly. Naughty Dog was already the masters of great graphics, but this game really tops everything they've done so far from the graphics, texture and lighting, it's all marvelous. I don't do multiplayer, so I can't comment on that aspect. But basing the score on single player alone...it's an easy ten. Expand
  29. Jun 20, 2013
    This game was a masterpiece. The gameplay was fun, and the limited ammo made you adjust the way you play the game. The stealth was a good option to have, and is very effective. The character's and the story was the star of the game, all the character's had emotions that you can relate with; it felt like a real post apocalyptic world. My only complaints in this game were that the A.I wasThis game was a masterpiece. The gameplay was fun, and the limited ammo made you adjust the way you play the game. The stealth was a good option to have, and is very effective. The character's and the story was the star of the game, all the character's had emotions that you can relate with; it felt like a real post apocalyptic world. My only complaints in this game were that the A.I was overrated, and I would've prefered more infected enemies than human enemies. But yeah if your expecting a dead rising type game, you would be disappointed, I would even go as far as say this game is slow paced in a good way; but it was worth it at the end. It was like a rollercoaster of action, emotion, suspense, fear, drama, etc. I actually didn't want this game to end, and not a lot of games can do that with me. Expand
  30. Jun 19, 2013
    Great story. Amazing graphics/effects add to the sensational immersion. Fantastic characters who you (at least I did) actually feel for and become invested in, particularly since there really is character development. Voice acting is superb. The opening scene, with what happens to Joel and... well, wow. That hit me hard and was totally unexpected. I may or may not have teared up, and thatGreat story. Amazing graphics/effects add to the sensational immersion. Fantastic characters who you (at least I did) actually feel for and become invested in, particularly since there really is character development. Voice acting is superb. The opening scene, with what happens to Joel and... well, wow. That hit me hard and was totally unexpected. I may or may not have teared up, and that was within ten minutes after starting the game. Lots of great heart-pumping action and unexpected twists of varying sizes that help to really spice things up, because just when you think it's going one way it goes another.

My cons/gripes: shooting in this game could use some improvement. Gameplay is still rough around the edges too.. And the AI in terms of enemies and your allies, while often great, is sometimes erratic and unrealistic in that sometimes while sneaking around my ally would be all up in the enemy's face and neither one would do anything as if they didn't see each other even though they were right in front of one another.

All in all, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]