• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.1

1. Jul 6, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of post-apocalyptic games such as The Last of Us, but for some reason I just didn't pay this game any mind. After hearing about how good it was and being told by just about everyone to get it I decided to finally try it out. I'm glad I did because The Last of Us is one of the best games I've ever played. It's a perfect example of how to make a video game a perfect cinematic experience without sacrificing anything in the gameplay department. It's a survival game with a fantastic story and characters. Having to constantly scrounge around for supplies really gives you the feeling that you're doing whatever it takes to survive in this harsh world. Combat is always intense and brutal. I have to give special praise to the games satisfying melee combat because it's truly awesome. By far the best part of the story mode is the actual story. I don't want to spoil anything but I can tell you that it's an emotional tale filled with characters so human you can't help but care about them. The multiplayer is also a lot of fun and something different than the norm. You choose one of two factions and battle it out for supplies to grow your own virtual faction and keep them alive. The actual gameplay revolves around teamwork and making smart use of your limited supplies. Even in multiplayer you'll be scrounging to survive. The Last of Us is a fantastic experience that pull you in and wont let you go. Go pick it up now, if you don't you wont just be missing out on one of the best games of this year, but also one of the best games of all time. Expand
  2. Jul 7, 2013
    Any title as well reviewed as the Last of Us will always be a target for people looking for attention. All I can say is ignore them because this is undoubtedly one of the games of the current console generation.

Anything this ambitious will of course have a few minor flaws (the most noticeable being the odd occasion in which your companion stands out in the open and doesn’t get seen)
    but these are easy to ignore thanks to the virtually perfect mix of cinematic storytelling and superbly tense gameplay that kept me enthralled for the entire 17 hours it took me to complete it. If you don’t own a PS3 there is no better reason to buy one than The Last of Us. Expand
  3. Aug 21, 2013
    The Last of Us is a REALLY difficult game to review. On one hand, it has hands down the best story, characterizations and acting I've ever come across in a game. It even puts the likes of Telltale's The Walking Dead to shame. The game makes you feel sad and angry at all the right moments. It is absolutely perfect in that regard and a new benchmark for gaming. That said, gameplay wise, The Last of Us often treads uneven ground. The game is very repetitive. You enter an area, kill or sneak past a finite amount of enemies and then escape that area via a ladder wheely bin garage door floating pallet. Then you enter the next area and do exactly the same. Aside from aesthetic changes, there is almost no deviation in this routine. Why Joel and Ellie can seemingly always find a ladder or pallet whenever they need one is quite the mystery indeed. It kind of reminds me of the old Adam west Batman TV show, where the Bats had a repellent for every known situation ever developed (shark repellent bear repellent heterosexual repellent... etc). The sheer stupidity of that mechanic broke immersion many, many times. The combat is decent enough. The human enemy A.I is nice, with lots of flanking and cover tactics being employed. The stealthy monster takedowns feel very gamey and arena based but they're OK too. The difficulty can be pretty harsh at times. This was a game that I had to repeat many different sections of. It can get frustrating because the checkpoint system sends you right back to the start of the 'arena' you're in, sometimes deleting a fair amount of hard-fought progress. Overall, The Last of Us was a very memorable experience. There was far too much stupidity and frustration in the gameplay for it to be perfect but that story... Wow! Expand
  4. Apr 26, 2014
    even though i have not played this game . i did watch it on youtube .Last of us is a game of fun , epic and a romantic story behind it . Its not a die had zombie game like [ dead rising 3 ] or any fun games . its actually a zombie classic . The realtionship between the ellie and joel during a zombie apocalypse is what is part of the game basically and find a way to get out of it . Grade A+
  5. Jun 16, 2013
    While, not a game for everyone, the Last of Us immerses you in its atmosphere so well that you feel you are right there in this apocalyptic zombie future. The motion capture, subtle emotion, and voice work are all top notch and the best I've ever seen/heard. Also, the vastness of space combined with the amount of detail in this game is jaw dropping. At times, I was so immersed I forgot I was watching a video game and felt like I was watching real people trek through a journey of survival. I think the overall gameplay experience will be a love it or hate it. Like some games that focus solely on action combat, this game focuses solely on survival combat. Theres not a lot of variety between core gameplay mechanics. Its always either stealth, survival combat, or environmental traversal. So if you love those mechanics, you'll love this game, but if you wish for something more, this game may not satisfy you completely. Also, this is not really a horror game, its a survival game. It not scary in the sense that when you see a monster you are horrified by its look and sound, its horrifying in the sense of hopelessness the present world evokes. Its horrifying to see how people now interact with each other because of this hopelessness in the world. The reason I didn't give the game a 10 was the survival of the main characters at times seemed so far fetched and forced to keep the story going. While I know this is just a "game" and pretty much every game does this, I think it stood out more in this game because everything else was so much more immersive. Also, the core gameplay wasn't my cup of tea. Overall tho, I enjoyed Naughty Dog's unique take on the zombie videogame genre. Expand
  6. Jun 23, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What does it mean to be called a masterful game? If you look or play for an hour of The Last of Us, that question might just be answered, hell even the prologue is enough to make you go crying into your pillow. This is the ultimate swan song of this generation, and could easily contend with being the best of them all.
    Naughty Dog, the wonderful creators behind Uncharted, have not created a carbon copy of their best selling franchise, and while there are similarities in terms of gameplay and mechanics, it firmly stands on its own two feet as not only better than Uncharted, but something special that may never be matched again.
    The game is a fully interactive piece of art, kicking off in the current year where we bear witness to a vicious fungal outbreak that 'infects' most of the population, infect or infected being the prime word here, contrary to popular belief, this is not a regular zombie post-apocalyptic flick, for the simple reason that these are not zombies, they are infected human beings as outlined by the creators.
    We assume the role of Joel, a late thirties/early forties man who is the victim of a tragic opening in the game, where we are introduced to what exactly has happened, but its when the game fast forwards 20 years that the full extent of the title is explained, unknown as to who has survived the outbreak and under strict military regime, Joel works as a smuggler for a local band of misfits in a quarantined Boston, but when he is tasked with smuggling a young girl called Ellie across the country, he is initially quite skeptical about going out of his way for this girl that he knows nothing about .
    While they start to traverse across a broken America, their initial awkwardness around each other starts to wear off, and one of the highlights of the game is the conversations that these two have. Ellie, who was born after the outbreak, is in a strange world and often likes to hear about how it used to be her surprise at random stories of the past may just have you questioning your own life and what has been forgotten.
    Taking place across a year, we witness the various seasons and beautiful landscapes and cities that Naughty Dog has created for our two heroes, whatever diverse and rich environment you are in for a particular part of the story, be sure to explore it, simply for the fact that supplies and ammunition are low throughout the game, where choices have to be made in terms of what you can carry and and what you may need to carry.
    As a story, The Last of Us is a true benchmark not only in game storytelling, but in a literary sense it is near perfect. These creatures that attack you are never brushed off with rock music to show any valour in our characters, they realise that these are still people, but of course these infected are a force to be reckoned with, a group called Clickers may just have you being sleepless for a while, these ones have got the worst of the infection, and while they cannot see, the slightest noise you make will alert them and have them chasing you endlessly, the name of them deriving from the sound they make, one of the most dreaded sounds in the game, because not matter what age you may be, this is a frightening and emotionally draining story from start to finish, whether you have to somehow sneak or fight your way through a band of infected, or if your only source of light is a torch clipped to your chest, these are some of the best but most frightening pieces of the game.
    The creators have proved once again that an amount of care and sympathy can be felt for video game characters, Joel and Ellie are the most unlikely duo with the biggest task at hand, and each and every time one of them hit any trouble, there is despair to be felt in case any harm should come to them, we laugh and perhaps cry with them, Ellie isn't able to swim and Joel must go and find something to help her cross, its the little things that give us so much from these characters, a remarkable feat from the makers, they know how bad they have it, and now we must share their pain, with the limited ammo that we have.
    No analysis of multiplayer, I have yet to play it, but for what the game is created for, the story, this is a truly wondrous and phenomenal stroke of genius and creative mastery, an epic tale of survival, loyalty, willpower, loneliness but most of all, friendship. The game is truly breathtaking and will undoubtedly stand the test of time and should deservedly be on everyone's list as one of the best games ever created, because it will certainly not be a forgettable experience.
  7. Oct 22, 2013
    Its ok had one playthrough didn't seem anything special, found it quite easy to do. Can't see what all the hypes about? Really just a lot of shooting and little bit of sneaking mostly...
  8. Jun 22, 2013
    The Last of Us shows the world that gaming is as legitimate an entertainment form as any other medium, it defines its genre of action-adventure and it is also the biggest reason to own a PS3 if you dont already.
    20 years ago a fungal infection spread across the world, killing most of the human race. Now in the year 2033 the USA is governed by a security force who have herded survivors
    into quarantine zones, they are ruthless and will dish out punishment with extreme prejudice. An underground movement known as the Fireflies is rebelling against them and you, a middle aged man named Joel, are tasked with assisting them in escorting a young girl named Ellie across the country for she holds the cure to the virus that has plagued the world for 20 years.
    The story takes place over roughly a year and shows how Joel & Ellie's relationship changes from two people who are stuck with each other to that of a Father and Daughter scenario. This brings in some great plotlines usually revolving around concepts such as life and death or survival.
    The graphical standard of TLoU is simply mind-blowing, this is probably the best looking PS3 game ever made, from the lighting to the motion capture and textures, everything is utterly beautiful in TLoU.
    The multiplayer is also fun and doesn't compromise the main storylines quality.
    In short TLoU is a 12-15 hour thrill ride. If Telltale's The Walking Dead and Resident Evil 4 had a baby (whilst Uncharted was briefly involved for a threesome) this would be it. The Last of Us is superb from heart wrenching beginning to tear jerking end and once you are done all you want to do is go back and play it again and again.
  9. Jun 18, 2013
    Lovely game and will be a contender for game of the year for sure, The Last of Us is not exactly about the story but the journey for the main characters, Joel and Ellie. The story has quite a few twists and turns and the combat is really well done. Don't expect an indepth fighting system or gunplay as that's not what this game is about. The combat is well done but there's not much there in the first place, which is good as that leaves them more time to focus on the journey of the characters. The development of both Joel and Ellie is very well done and the characters you meet up with on the way are excellently crafted and, when they eventually leave, they will get you to remember their presence for the rest of the game. This game is very dark and depressing. Don't go into it thinking things will go well for Joel and Ellie because nothing goes well for them. You will definitely love the game but know that you won't feel happy at the end of it. It lasts for about 12 hours and you'll definitely remember the whole thing. Highly recommend it and I highly recommend playing on the hardest difficulty and sticking with it. Expand
  10. Jul 19, 2013
    wow what a great amazing game naughty dog did it again after the amazing uncharted and brought us The last of us first let's talk about the graphics the graphics in this game are up good they're so good best graphic ever on ps3 ,the lighting the shadows the way their mouth and body moves is so realistic you feel like they're real people ,The gameplay familiar?yes awesome yes, it is as if naughty dog wanted to tell capcom you didn't have to turn survival horror into action to succeed also the crafting in this game is awesome some games make it bad and makes you hate it but in this game it's easy and works really well the ammo is a bit rare in this game but you'll end up saving many ammo as the game urges you to play more stealth which by the end you'll be so good at it stealth kill in this game are amazing when you strangle someone the man tries to resist you'll feel like that's how strangling should be ,the story in this game is so damn good it has so many emotional dark and sad moments you'll ever see in a game and the ending believe me you'll never see it coming but after all that what naughty dog did really well in this game is the AI it so good although friendly AI can be bad at some moment bad the enemy's AI is so good for example i took one as a human shield but his friend shot him and killed to be able to kill me that's AI right there in the end i loved the character loved the story and loved the game play
    so is this an overrated game no believe me it deserves to be one of the finest games of this generation
  11. Aug 9, 2014
    I felt restricted by the banality of the puzzles and the sections where the 'run button' is deactivated. The excellence of the art and level design is moderately entertaining, even when Joel is restricted to slowly walk through 10 minute sections. So it takes a non-gamer mindset to appreciate the game, imagining what the world has been like leading up to the state presented, rather than a classic problem-solving approach where you are fully attended to progressing through the game. When Call of Duty shows technical excellence and standard gameplay, I call it an entertaining game. TLoU is similar in its ratio of technical excellence vs gameplay innovation. It's entertaining and a feast for the eyes. But the exciting zombie franchise is still called The Walking Dead, and the exciting Naughty Dog franchise is called Uncharted.

I leaned towards a 7/10 or even 8/10, but I stopped playing after completing the campaign. No alternative game modes (except online) to play around with. No exciting trophies to attempt. Just a few dozen inconsequential collectibles scattered throughout the campaign, and trophies for completing it several times. In a campaign where so many sections play on the strength of surprise and 'first-sight-marvel' I'd just rather play something else after seeing it once.

The ending is satisfying, but you could just read a plot summary and then watch the final hour on Youtube and get what the game wanted to tell. I liked the message (hint: love) but it wasn't necessary to trod through so many hours of slow progression to feel the impact of the story.
  12. Jun 27, 2013
    One of the best games I have ever played on the PS3 system! I played the game on "hard" setting and the game gave me a great challenge! The gameplay was very well balanced, I was forced to think before shooting and had to use different strategies to complete the goals set by the game designers! With the great gameplay the player also gets treated with a great story, amazingly well developed characters and best cut scenes seen on the ps3 to date! Expand
  13. Aug 23, 2013
    I was starting to doubt if it was any good but once you see the incredibly emotional opening (even the opening credits shook me), and use the realistic, gruesome and fun violence, along with a story that is just amazing. The story is one of the best stories ever (including literature, film, TV or what have you). I loved these characters: Joel is a complete phucking badass and Ellie earns your passion. The music, the graphics, the sound are mind-blowing. Every goddamn thing about this game screams perfection. Naughty Dog stepped away from their cartoonish Uncharted and Jak & Daxter and got my heart pumped and passion burning bright red. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!! Either you go stealth or combat, it works out beautifully. It is one of the greatest games ever. Plain and simple. Those who disagree are completely blind or have not yet experienced the pure awesomeness of this game. The voice acting is among the best I've ever heard. Major replay value Expand
  14. Jul 2, 2013
    The saying saving it's best for last has never seemed more appropriate. The PS3 may very well have waited until it's dying embers before unleashing arguably it's greatest game upon us. I knew this game would be good. Let's be honest, you don't make Uncharted games and not give us a decent game but I wasn't prepared for this. The Last of Us is astonishingly amazing. It might turn out to be the game that defines the PS3. It's extraordinary!! Any PS3 owner who doesn't own this doesn't deserve to have the console. It's a masterpiece from start to finish. The game follows the journey of Joel and Ellie, who travel across a post-apocalyptic America in 2033 following the outbreak of a mutant cordyceps as they seek The Fireflies, a resistance group who believe Ellie has the cure to save the world. The story is captivating and an emotional tour-de-force throughout. Never has a game touched me so much as this. Its full of emotional highs and lows where every decision has a consequence as you battle zombie-like infected mutants, bandits and cannibals as you battle across a savaged USA. The setting is actually stunning. The post-apocalyptic America is mesmerising and so authentic. Naughty Dog really have raised the bar once again. The scenery is beautiful. And graphically, this is as good as it gets. It's frightening to think what Naughty Dog will have instore with next gen. The gameplay is near flawless. Much like Uncharted but more free flowing. The environments really play a vital part and the stealth aspect was a splendid inclusion. It really makes you as the gamer in charge of the method you wish to complete the game because enemies react differently depending on your approach. Your also able to craft weapons during the game which again is genius! The story is where The Last of Us is truly exceptional. It's such a rewarding and exhilarating experience. Right from the tragic beginning to the contentious ending. It's an unforgettable game The journey and the experience alone are awesome. You feel part of Joel and Ellie's story. And there relationship is at the heart of the story. It blossoms beautifully throughout. In conclusion this could well be the ultimate game available. In terms of an all round package, it's unmissable. It showcases exactly what the PS3 does best. And at it's very best. The Last of Us is not only n imperative purchase for any PS3 owner but the must have game of the year! Expand
  15. ERB
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Last Of Us is a good game and an interesting story.
  16. Aug 14, 2014
    A masterpiece that surpasses Uncharted 2 and tells a realistic tale and gives a vicious gameplay. I'm just wordless with this game. It's just amazing.

Yep.
  17. Jun 30, 2013
    I have to say more of the same. The Last of Us is not only this best, the most important game of THIS generation. It is, probably, one of the best, most important gaming experiences ever conceived. I don't know where to start, honestly. So I will use this review just to say one thing: if you care about games, if you play them, if games are something you take seriously, I BEG you don't miss this one out. I don't need to talk about graphics, text, voice acting, gameplay etc etc. The videos and reviews are all praising all those things. What I will say is that never before had I such a deep, emotional, haunting experience. It got me thrilled, excited, sad, juggling laughter and tears in equal portions. This is more than a game. It's the perfect film, the perfect book, the perfect song. And, call me crazy, a beautiful memory as well. I will never forget this game. Expand
  18. Jan 30, 2014
    I had very big expectations for this Naughty Dog project... AND I LOVED IT! This is without any doubt, one of the best games i've ever played!! The Single-Player campain is awesome and the story is amazing!! The graphics are beautiful! The Gameplay is great! And the multiplayer is pretty good, but not better than Uncharted though! And now After beating it i can easily say that this is the game with the best story i've ever played!! I think every ps3 owner should buy this game before upgarding to ps4! Thank you Naughty Dog! Expand
  19. Sep 16, 2014
    The main characters are really handsome and the people who did their voice,they are just amazing.The graphics are spectacular and the story is not original but still fun to play.
  20. Jan 18, 2014
    The Last of Us has a good story but that's all that's good about it. The stealth mechanics were poorly executed and the fact that you must often kill enemies and their near sightedness renders them obsolete. The overly common checkpoints take away most of the challenge and tension and that mixed with the fact you must often kill enemies to progress makes it feel less like a survival game. The enemy AI is rather bad and the companion AI is never helpful. The plot is cliché and uninteresting and the supporting characters are annoying. There is a few bugs most notably one that deletes your saved game. The multiplayer is low on content with only the standard deathmatch and team deathmatch. Deathmatch can easily turn into hide and seek and team deathmatch is decent but nothing noteworthy. Naughty Dog needs to learn that a game needs more than story. Expand
  21. Oct 1, 2013
    "The Last of Us" is unlike anything I’ve ever played before. I’ve always found stories in video games intriguing and some of them even get me emotional, but for the first time ever, I feel like a video game has rivaled some of Hollywood’s greatest stories. From the very beginning, this game absorbs you in emotionally, I was literally crying within the first ten minutes. As the story progresses, there are multiple moments where I noticed myself tearing up and getting a lump in my throat. These moments don’t only occur during the cinematic cut scenes, but through normal game play, especially as you near the end.

The story of “The Last of Us” is about survival as our heroes try to make it to the Fireflies, a resistance group, to find a cure for the infestation of plant-like zombies. Along the way they face the infected and other humans who, much like them, are trying to survive the harsh environment created by the infected outbreak. Through this journey, themes of survival, sacrifice, loyalty, fate, and hope are all tackled and handled very well to where by the end, you begin to question some of the decisions made by the characters.

The game play is superb and the controls are solid. I had a weird time adjusting to the controls, but within a couple of hours, I couldn’t imagine myself playing it any other way. The game play on the other hand is quit satisfying. The melee, shooting, stealth, and cover system are all executed well. The great part about the game play is that it requires the player to think, rather than just rely on a couple of weapons or strategies. Ammo is very scarce and guns in general attract a lot of attention, so when playing you must be smart about using it. Weapons also break and you are required to make some of them yourself, however, the challenge is finding the right materials. This game is also pretty hard. The A.I. is incredibly intelligent as they react to your slightest mistakes and capitalize on it. So you’ll be in constant terror of enemies appearing out of nowhere and just ruining some of your progress.

The characters, Joel and Ellie, are fantastically written. Joel is a hardened survivor, who has a lot of baggage and is very closed off emotionally, but also has a strong protective instinct. Ellie is a foul mouthed teenager, who, much like Joel, is all alone in this world and has to learn to grow and become more independent. There are so many little quirks to these characters that make them seem so very real and relateable. For instance, when nothing is happening and Joel is just scavenging around, Ellie will start whistling or humming. These little things make us fall in love with these characters. Their interactions are charming as they have a father daughter relationship and it great watching it develop. All the supporting characters are fantastic as well and one thing to really appreciate is that there are no blatant black and white character. Not even our heroes can be justified as “do-gooders” as everyone has a reason for what they are doing. The voice work is some of the best I’ve ever heard. The voice actors really put a lot of effort into making these characters radiate off the screen.

Visually this game is amazing. The character designs and movement are pleasing to the eyes. The bleak and apocalyptic world that has been crafted is something to marvel at as there are a lot of little things to look out for. The architecture and environments all have a story to tell of what might have happened. It’s a world that we don’t want to live in as there is nothing that remotely resembles an ideal living location. However, when, we actually do see signs of beauty, much like how the characters react, we too get a sense of wonderment. The musical score is also beautiful. Most of the time it’s very subtle and almost not there, but when something is about to go down, it kicks in. Giving us feelings of sheer fear for our lives in the more survival orientated moments to a more emotional sensation in the intense story driven moments.

Overall, “The Last of Us” is a truly amazing game that must be experienced by everyone and has become my personal favorite of all time. It is a game that isn’t revolutionary in its concept, but groundbreaking in its execution. From strong game play, to likable and relateable characters, to an intense story and emotionally draining experience, this game defies expectations and becomes a new standard for the industry. I give it an extremely high 5/5, an experience unlike anything else and the ending will leave you speechless.

Having waited several months to write this review, I have come to the conclusion that “The Last of Us” is one of the greatest games ever made. From a storytelling perspective, it is a game that is as revolutionary to the industry as Mario was for the very first time so long ago. Naughty Dog has made a game that is going to shift the way story is going to be handled in video games. Much like how many games after “Uncharted 2: Among Theives” released became more cinematic and like a Hollywood blockbuster, “The Last of Us” is going to make developers want to create a more intimate and a more emotional experience with characters that are well developed and relatable.
  22. Jun 19, 2013
    i had just finished this game and i have say this... this game is epic mind blowing character design is awesome chemistry between Joel and Ellie cool cinematic cut screen epic way capture the emotion action all of plants type zombie where really cool the gun fight between other survivor and bandits where not to bad my personally favorite was Ellie she love to swear a lot lol

to see
    drama go thru this horror apocalyptic setting was intense and really capture the thrill
    i give this game 10 out of 10
  23. Jun 17, 2013
    The Last of Us has officially de-throned Red Dead Redemption as the best game that i have ever played! This is an absolutely amazing experience that needs to be had by everyone! It has an rich and engaging setting that is just begging to be explored, the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game that really brings the world and the characters to life, and a deep and heartfelt story of hope and survival against all odds. Lastly, to top it all off The Last of Us has some of the most unique and fun multiplayer I have ever played! Its refreshing to see a game that decides to step out and try something new instead of just be another Call of Duty clone! Now the only complaints i do have about this game are a few audio bugs and that the characters can occasionally glitch out when the combats gets really frantic... However, those are completely minor complaints to what is otherwise an absolutely fantastic and jaw dropping experience!! Expand
  24. Sep 9, 2013
    It's a shame that Xbox only gamers can't play this game because it truly deserves game of the year title. The story is an emotional, most dramatic struggle to escort a young girl across the dangerous wasteland to safety. It's a game that adult gamers like me are always looking for, yet they are so few an far in between. Combat is tough with very little room for mistakes. Some might be turned off by this who would rather play games that allows them to sustain massive amount of damage, but I believe in a genre game like this, the combat fits in perfectly. Naughty Dog was already the masters of great graphics, but this game really tops everything they've done so far from the graphics, texture and lighting, it's all marvelous. I don't do multiplayer, so I can't comment on that aspect. But basing the score on single player alone...it's an easy ten. Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    Un juego increíble, la trama te enganchará desde el primer minuto hasta el último, el modo historia dura mas de 15 horas, con una jugabilidad excepcional, te enganchará, va mas allá de lo que prometía, el doblaje esta genial, los gráficos son excelentes, los escenarios tan inmensos para poder indagar de casa en casa, para poder investigar, descubrir, tiene momentos de mucha tensión y mas de una vez te llevarás algún susto, una vez mas los creadores de Uncharted vuelven a sorprenderme con un juego exquisito y que pone el broche de oro al catalogo de Playstation 3, compra obligada, juego fascinante, totalmente recomendado. No te arrepentirás. Expand
  26. Sep 27, 2013
    Naughty Dog is one of the best game developer. The Last of Us is an impressive demonstration of how it can and should be done. It's one epic story-driven adventure. Beautiful graphics and environments, stunning cutscenes that almost make you forget that its a game. Smooth and responsible gameplay. There is unlimited ways to approach most of the combat sections and it never feels repetitive. The characters are possibly the best a game has had, voice acting/cutscenes and the way the story is told make this game feel incredibly real. I felt genuinely attached to what happened and really cared about the story. Expand
  27. Jun 19, 2013
    Great story. Amazing graphics/effects add to the sensational immersion. Fantastic characters who you (at least I did) actually feel for and become invested in, particularly since there really is character development. Voice acting is superb. The opening scene, with what happens to Joel and... well, wow. That hit me hard and was totally unexpected. I may or may not have teared up, and that was within ten minutes after starting the game. Lots of great heart-pumping action and unexpected twists of varying sizes that help to really spice things up, because just when you think it's going one way it goes another.

My cons/gripes: shooting in this game could use some improvement. Gameplay is still rough around the edges too.. And the AI in terms of enemies and your allies, while often great, is sometimes erratic and unrealistic in that sometimes while sneaking around my ally would be all up in the enemy's face and neither one would do anything as if they didn't see each other even though they were right in front of one another.

All in all, no ifs, ands, or buts about it, YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME.
  28. Jul 14, 2013
    This is a damn good movie, err--- I mean game... The Last of Us has knocked the graphics section out of the park, and although the gameplay isn't too exciting to watch; when you actually play it, it feels surprisingly accurate and refined (for a videogame, that is.) The game is partially flawed however, introducing us to (very) bad characters and a movie-like setup, but it can be forgiven as the writers try to show what standards have to be set in such a world their characters are living it. It's not out of the question that this has me feeling just how to well this game was designed and set up (overall). It really is worth your time, go for it! Expand
  29. Jun 20, 2013
    This game was a masterpiece. The gameplay was fun, and the limited ammo made you adjust the way you play the game. The stealth was a good option to have, and is very effective. The character's and the story was the star of the game, all the character's had emotions that you can relate with; it felt like a real post apocalyptic world. My only complaints in this game were that the A.I was overrated, and I would've prefered more infected enemies than human enemies. But yeah if your expecting a dead rising type game, you would be disappointed, I would even go as far as say this game is slow paced in a good way; but it was worth it at the end. It was like a rollercoaster of action, emotion, suspense, fear, drama, etc. I actually didn't want this game to end, and not a lot of games can do that with me. Expand
  30. Jun 15, 2013
    Very nice game. I play something about 2 hours, but was enough to make this review.
    The graphics is the best of ps3, however make we miss the next gen or a game for hardcore pc.

The story is very nice, the ambient is very beatiful. I didnt look for multiplayer yet.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]