The Last of Us PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Jun 14, 2013
9.2

1. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What a game this is. From start to finish this game grips and excites you. It's all about survival you can't help but get right into the storyline as the characters are just average normal people it's so easy to relate to them and put yourself in that situation.

The graphics, the locations, the backdrop, the noises, the music has all been carefully put together and is totally in sync with each other. The atmosphere is frightening with strange noises or footsteps echoing around the corner.

No negatives at all to speak of (wish the storyline lasted longer as it is so good is the only thing). This game is close to perfection and totally unique. Easily the game of the year and just as easily in my top 10 of all time games as it is so different from the standard RPG/FPS/Adventure games out there. Ignore the handful of negative comments about tiny irrelevant details. THIS GAME IS AWESOME

Bravo Naughty Dog 9.5/10
  2. Jan 4, 2014
    The characters and how their relationships are built throughout the game is worthy of the highest praise. The plot plays second fiddle and simply provides an interesting context for the game's content. The Last Of Us is a great character study and there are a number of subtle moments between Ellie and Joel that really stand out.

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy

My only gripe is the deaf and blind response of the enemy AI to your companion AI when in stealth mode. Admittedly it's not a game-breaker but it certainly put a damper on the immersion factor when it did occur. As I said, this is the game's only real problem and everything else is exceptional. Unflinchingly violent, nerve wracking and as poignant as a video game can be.
  3. Jan 7, 2014
    My favourite single player game of all time.

The story was incredibly addictive, made me never want to put my controller down, and like a good book, I found myself thinking about the characters when I wasn't playing it.

If you play one game in your lifetime, make it this game.
  4. Jan 11, 2014
    Naughty Bear's Left 4 Dead 3 is a stellar game that should get attention from every video game fanatic. You fight your way through necromorphs and the rebel alliance along with your AI partner Ellen Page,
  5. Jan 13, 2014
    Everything has been already written and said. It is that good, really! Anyone considering buying the cheapest secondhand peace of PS3 hardware just to give it a try should do it! Afterwards you can peacefully put it away knowing that money were most well spent!! It is that one of kind GAME that makes you totally forget about the thing that you "just playing video games", giving you theEverything has been already written and said. It is that good, really! Anyone considering buying the cheapest secondhand peace of PS3 hardware just to give it a try should do it! Afterwards you can peacefully put it away knowing that money were most well spent!! It is that one of kind GAME that makes you totally forget about the thing that you "just playing video games", giving you the single best ART experience throughout all media (music, books, comics, movies etc..) this year.

There are some AI bugs, but you will forgive, for this one is aiming different direction. That is to give you great story, characters, experience, perspective and fill you with emotions. I dont normally write much about stuff but this time I had to just to shake it off my mind a bit. It sticks so very much.
  6. Mar 22, 2014
    If you have a PS3 then please do yourself a favour and buy this amazingly story and action driven game that really gives even the most talented Hollywood script writers a run for their money!
  7. Nov 19, 2014
    If you own a ps3. You NEED this game. The replay value is questionable, online multiplayer is usually fun, but has some network connection flaws. The game itself is perfectly crafted.
  8. Jul 20, 2016
    What can you say that hasn't been said countless times before? TLOU on PS3 is one of the greatest games of all time. One that will be talked about 20 years from now. And let's not forget the game also features a highly underrated multiplayer. It's a wonderful game and is a must play for PS3 owners.
  9. Jan 24, 2017
    One of my favorite games ever, probably the best PS3 exclusive. Great story, great characters, great voice actors, great cinematics (I don't care about graphics but they are outstanding), great score; it is a great experience for everyone interested in post apocalyptic themes. Sadly the human enemies are stupid because of the bad A.I., so the best encounters are with these "zombie typeOne of my favorite games ever, probably the best PS3 exclusive. Great story, great characters, great voice actors, great cinematics (I don't care about graphics but they are outstanding), great score; it is a great experience for everyone interested in post apocalyptic themes. Sadly the human enemies are stupid because of the bad A.I., so the best encounters are with these "zombie type infected people" (those are very tense and sometimes scary).

The online multiplayer is okay but The Last of Us is one of those modern video games that would be better without it. I love this game, I completed it 5 times in 10 months without getting bored, but it isn't perfect. You should have it if you have a PS3 or a PS4. I would give this game a 9,3 or a 9,5 but this reviews system prevents me from doing so.
  10. Jun 17, 2013
    The Last of Us has officially de-throned Red Dead Redemption as the best game that i have ever played! This is an absolutely amazing experience that needs to be had by everyone! It has an rich and engaging setting that is just begging to be explored, the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game that really brings the world and the characters to life, and a deep and heartfelt storyThe Last of Us has officially de-throned Red Dead Redemption as the best game that i have ever played! This is an absolutely amazing experience that needs to be had by everyone! It has an rich and engaging setting that is just begging to be explored, the best graphics I have ever seen in a video game that really brings the world and the characters to life, and a deep and heartfelt story of hope and survival against all odds. Lastly, to top it all off The Last of Us has some of the most unique and fun multiplayer I have ever played! Its refreshing to see a game that decides to step out and try something new instead of just be another Call of Duty clone! Now the only complaints i do have about this game are a few audio bugs and that the characters can occasionally glitch out when the combats gets really frantic... However, those are completely minor complaints to what is otherwise an absolutely fantastic and jaw dropping experience!! Expand
  11. Jun 17, 2013
    With a stunningly beautiful world, a compelling, often chilling, narrative, and a wealth of complex, nuanced performances come together to make what is not only the best game released this year, but quite easily one of the best games of all time.
  12. Jun 17, 2013
    I'm 47% threw the game and think its an amazing survival horror clearly the best it beats all resident evils new and old! Needed something like this as the resis these days are crap this game is truly amazing 10/10 for me!!! Roll on no2
  13. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is simply, Amazing! The story telling is phenomenal. The graphics are the best I've seen in this generation of consoles. When I was playing the game I really felt that I was in that post-pandemic wold trying to survive, experiencing something that I have never before experienced in a game. Some say that the AI isn't smart, but I did not had any problems with it. I truly had aThis game is simply, Amazing! The story telling is phenomenal. The graphics are the best I've seen in this generation of consoles. When I was playing the game I really felt that I was in that post-pandemic wold trying to survive, experiencing something that I have never before experienced in a game. Some say that the AI isn't smart, but I did not had any problems with it. I truly had a blast, playing the game. For those who like games with a strong story, strong game-play, and infected fungus people, this game is for you. Expand
  14. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is simply amazing. It is an absolute must play game that deserves a place of honor in your gaming library and should be played by everyone. In fact, I feel rather bad for non-gamers, as this is an experience that should be had by everyone. The narrative, dialogue and atmosphere alone earns this game a 10. This is an example of how games can be just as deep and engaging as theThis game is simply amazing. It is an absolute must play game that deserves a place of honor in your gaming library and should be played by everyone. In fact, I feel rather bad for non-gamers, as this is an experience that should be had by everyone. The narrative, dialogue and atmosphere alone earns this game a 10. This is an example of how games can be just as deep and engaging as the greatest movie or novel. Fantastic, amazing, astounding, astonishing, epic, and damn near perfect. Expand
  15. Jun 17, 2013
    Well, The Last Of Us is like no other game I have ever played. In my opinion this video game rivals the best that Cinema and Television have to offer.

The gameplay is slow-paced; the majority of time I spent meandering down beautifully ruined city streets, rummaging through cupboards in deserted houses or just standing in awe of the stunning environment. For this reason I can understand why not everyone will love this game. Action is sparse and focuses more on stealth than impressive set-pieces, but when you do come across the enemy the combat is tense and often brutal.

The AI is not without its faults, however, the human enemies react how you would expect humans to react. At every opportunity they will flank you, taking advantage of the complex mazes that Joel and Ellie often find themselves in. When searching they will act as a team as a team and call reinforcements if you are spotted. But some quirks can ruin moments ingame. Often your allies will run out in front of the enemy who will not even notice and (of course) they will get underneath your feet in doorways and narrow corridors.

The Last Of Us is gorgeous The best looking game of this generation. Cityscapes go on for miles, under-siege by nature. The streets are littered with rubbish, abandoned cars and foliage (think of I Am Legend). Many houses are explorable and the detail is immense. It feels authentic and everywhere you look something will catch your eye; whether it be an old family photograph, a letter to loved ones or just posters on walls of bedrooms. All of which serve to flesh out the story and enhance it greatly.

Where The Last Of Us shines is storytelling. The story goes to every extreme, often telling of great humility then depicting horrific scenes born out of desperation. The game is centered around Joel and Ellie. Their relationship is perfect. While on this huge journey their relationship evolves into one lof a father and daughter. I loved experiencing this and grew to care about both characters in a way no other video game has ever achieved. They survive hugely traumatic events and you watch as the bond deepens between them. Somewhere along your travels Joel or Ellie might stumble across an object that triggers a memory. This can lead to little cutscenes, giving the player an insight into their pasts. Throughout their journey across America they meet a diverse group of individuals. Every character encountered is unique and genuinely interesting.

Overall, when I completed the game i felt quite emotionally drained. Similar to if i had just watched an epic movie. I felt as if I had myself experienced the horrors but also the beautiful relationship that sprang up between Joel and Ellie. The Last Of Us is a story about humanities darkest hours. The acts humans perform when there are no rules and survival is anything but assured. In the midst of all that Joel and Ellie bring to light the best qualities humans have to offer. Thank you, Naughty Dog, for the greatest Story I have ever experienced in a video game.
  16. Jun 17, 2013
    As the PS3 cycle comes to its end, we see the true power that it can show with The Last of Us as Naughty Dog proves with every detail and every second of fully immersive gameplay. The most compelling moments of the whole game are the simple chats that Joel and Ellie have together. And the constant conservation of supplies make this game a true survival.
  17. Jun 17, 2013
    after playing this game im completely satisfied and really sad that it is over i do hope they find some way to make a sequel i will forever miss the game and it may be one of the only games i have ever replayed truly an awe inspiring game
  18. Jun 17, 2013
    This is the game I've been waiting decades for. This is it, the game that I feel was able to immerse me in an experience like no other medium can offer. We are gamers for a reason and we do this for the emotional connection to the characters we play as, we are responsible for the actions that unfold on the screen and we develop relationships with these characters. I'm certain to say thatThis is the game I've been waiting decades for. This is it, the game that I feel was able to immerse me in an experience like no other medium can offer. We are gamers for a reason and we do this for the emotional connection to the characters we play as, we are responsible for the actions that unfold on the screen and we develop relationships with these characters. I'm certain to say that this game is revolutionary in the idea of involving us directly within the environment we've been put in. Just play this game and experience it, the idea of being scarce on items, the tension of having a group of hunters flanking you from every corner, the panic that comes from infected relentlessly charging you and knowing a clicker kills you in an instant, this game will blow your mind. You will cry, you will panic, you will take deep breaths as enemies close in on you, but one thing you won't feel is disappointment. Do yourself a favor and experience this. You deserve it. Expand
  19. Jun 17, 2013
    This game is the best ps3 game on the market graphically and story wise. The depth and detail of this game continue to stun me as I fumble through the post apocalyptic U.S.A. and as I figure things out I'm scared of my surroundings in which I usually do not feel safe. While there are downsides to scavenging for supplies, there are upsides to it, such as the fact that you can upgrade yourThis game is the best ps3 game on the market graphically and story wise. The depth and detail of this game continue to stun me as I fumble through the post apocalyptic U.S.A. and as I figure things out I'm scared of my surroundings in which I usually do not feel safe. While there are downsides to scavenging for supplies, there are upsides to it, such as the fact that you can upgrade your weapons. The game does a great job at immersing you and sucking you into the world as is in 2033, the time which the game takes place. The rewards of beating the game are like those of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves because of the way you can make the environment change. While these don't parallel to the cheats in Uncharted 2, Naughty Dog's graphics department is not low budget, with three art styles. The premise of the game is really to get to know a 14 year old girl that you are delivering to a band of survivors and bond with her in your adventures. The multiplayer in this game is also immersive because you are the leader of a faction and you must forage for supplies for them and keep your new colonization safe. It puts you in the place of a survivor going on raids and trying to eliminate rival gangs. Game on. Expand
  20. Jun 18, 2013
    This is seriously the best game I have ever played. I have never wanted to play a single player story like I did with this game, on top of that the in depth upgrading system was amazing. What also amazed me was that this game had the best graphics I have ever seen in a game and this is on the PS3 and we have the PS4 coming in the fall!
  21. Jun 18, 2013
    I'm holding my breath and crouching behind a desk. There's a Clicker in the room, his legs shuffling awkwardly as he stumbles around looking for me, his head now a bloated and blind fungal mass years of infection have removed any vestiges of humanity he once possessed. A guttural tick echoes from his mouth as he claws at the air in desperate frustration. I'm about to breathe a sigh ofI'm holding my breath and crouching behind a desk. There's a Clicker in the room, his legs shuffling awkwardly as he stumbles around looking for me, his head now a bloated and blind fungal mass years of infection have removed any vestiges of humanity he once possessed. A guttural tick echoes from his mouth as he claws at the air in desperate frustration. I'm about to breathe a sigh of relief when he passes me by but then I hear it the sound of one of those less infected but as deadly nonetheless who has spotted me and realise I'm going to run for it. I've only made it two or three steps before the Clicker hears me and screams after me in pursuit.

My vision is fading from the blood loss as I slide down behind cover, hurriedly trying to craft myself a medical kit from the few scavenged remains I've pocketed. Bullets ricochet off a nearby wall as the military advance from behind cover, suspecting I'm out of ammo. Which I am. I could have made a Molotov with the same kit, but it's too late for that now. I have no time so run towards one of them in desperation, my fist swinging towards his face.

The Last of Us (exclusive to the PS3) is a survival horror game set 20 years after an apocalypse has devastated the Earth. And for once it's not World War III or Zombies (in as much as 28 days sort of isn't a zombie film), but in a world where the insect disease Cordyceps has spread to humanity. The remaining populace have been herded into Military controlled quarantine zones.

The prologue which introduces you to the character of Joel is one of the best openings to a video-game I've encountered since Prey and Bioshock. It's very reminiscent of the opening to Zack Snyders 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead in that it introduces something quite horrific into a domestic scene it's powerful, well written, perfectly paced and most unusually for a video game is phenomenally well acted. I haven't been as moved by watching anything that took such a short period of time since Pixar's Up.

20 years later sees your character Joel eking out an existence as a smuggler, skilled in the art of survival and travelling between the quarantine zones. A living, of sorts. And in the introduction which does the great thing of being a tutorial that doesn't feel like a tutorial sees you and your partner Tess press-ganged into a most unusual smuggling operation; To escort a young girl named Ellie with a very important secret out of the city and to safety. What follows is a breathtaking journey across a plague ravaged America where the military who seek Ellie are almost as deadly as the disease-ridden infected who wander the wastes. You'll be forced to scavenge for every piece of equipment you can get your hands on every piece of ammunition is scarce with value beyond compare, and you'll rarely be in a position where you can plough dozens of bullets into an enemy to take him down.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. So far, so video game. The survival horror genre has been done to death, so what makes this any different? Any seasoned gamer must have wandered across hundreds of post apocalyptic landscapes fighting three dozen varieties of mutants/zombies/maniacs, etc.

Well for once the script doesn't feel like it's been cobbled together by a couple of games designers who thought they were up to the task because they watched the Mad Max Box-set at the weekend. With music composed by a decent musician (Gustavo Santaolalla) as opposed to somebody who was roped into the task because they had a Casio SA-46 keyboard in the attic which still had some batteries in. With the roles acted out by a decent cast instead of dragging people in from the street or getting a developer who was in the schools performance of Oliver a decade ago.

The Last Of Us is an immaculately presented package. As what is possibly one of the last big titles for the PS3, it's a perfect swansong a perfectly worded eulogy for what gaming can be if the ingredients and recipe are right. I'll go out on a limb and say that it's probably one of the best video-games I've played in the last 30 years. Nigh on perfection.

The film critic Roger Ebert wrote a brilliant piece back in 2010 describing why he thought that videogames could never be art. It's a piece I don't necessarily agree with, but it's a shame he died not least of which because I'd love to have known what he thought of The Last Of Us. He probably still wouldn't admit it was art, but I think he'd have loved it as one of the closest links between cinema and gaming I've seen in a long, long time.

It's been an odd week for PS3 and 360 owners in which it seems that Microsoft have been determined to make you all want to buy the next generation of Playstation. The quality of The Last Of Us means you might not want to rush that quickly to invest in a next-gen console there's life in this old dog yet.

The Last Of Us is truly brilliant. Beautiful, thought-provoking and most importantly a simply great game.
  22. Jun 18, 2013
    That's not a game. This is a movie make in video game. Naughty Dog used the full capacity of PS3 with graphics and details in scenario. Make the characters with one personality involved the players. i love this game and big competitor for GOTY.
  23. Jun 18, 2013
    Every single time I see all 0 reviews for a game that works when you turn it on, I vote with a 10 myself. Keep it up trolls, you are the reason the user side of this site is a joke.
  24. Jun 18, 2013
    Absolutely Love this game. One of the best games I've played in a while. It defines what the survival-horror genre should be. It's exactly how I envisioned post apocalyptic life after reading The Road. This game, along with Farcry3 and Bioshock Infinite are some of the only ps3 games I can actually play without being bored after an hour. The story line is great, characters are great andAbsolutely Love this game. One of the best games I've played in a while. It defines what the survival-horror genre should be. It's exactly how I envisioned post apocalyptic life after reading The Road. This game, along with Farcry3 and Bioshock Infinite are some of the only ps3 games I can actually play without being bored after an hour. The story line is great, characters are great and the game play is great. There are a few things that bother me, like the small amount of ammo you can carry despite it being around (Normal mode), also some of the NPCs running around freely while you're trying to sneak around. Still, overall a great game that was well worth waiting for. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but as you can tell from the overwhelmingly positive reviews it's a great game. The people saying this game is overhyped don't seem to consider the possibility that they're a minority with their opinion. 10/10 would play again. Expand
  25. Jun 18, 2013
    The Last of Us is pure gold. They have forged what i believe to be the most realistic post apocalyptic world. I love zombie games and i love survival games but this one has to be my favorite. I think its up for running on best game of the year. I loved the plot and the amazing character development. Sometimes the combat was a bit clunky but overall it was fantastic. They did a good job ofThe Last of Us is pure gold. They have forged what i believe to be the most realistic post apocalyptic world. I love zombie games and i love survival games but this one has to be my favorite. I think its up for running on best game of the year. I loved the plot and the amazing character development. Sometimes the combat was a bit clunky but overall it was fantastic. They did a good job of not making it an escort mission and i love that you got to play as both characters. I would recommend this game to anyone over the age of 18 that is not offended by brutal violence and constant profanity. Expand
  26. Jun 18, 2013
    This is the most beautiful, difficult, and heart-wrenching game I've played to date. The multiplayer is a fantastic addition to the work, as well. I love Sony and Naughty Dog for creating the best titles ever!
  27. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The fact I can't stop thinking about this game two days after finishing it is a testament to how special it is. I've never felt compelled to review anything in my life, yet here I am. I'll just say it up front, The Last of Us is a masterpiece of game design, in every aspect I can think of, from art direction, level design, character development (greatly helped by the talents of Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson), pacing, to the more subtle things like feeling the weight of a character through the controls. That familiar, comfortable, feeling of coming back to Joel after a short time with Ellie is not something I think I'll ever forget. No game has ever given me that sense of familiarity with a character.

I appreciated so many of the small details. They really do make a difference. Here are just some that come to mind:

-The bottle falling over as I helped move a shelf.
    -The subtle movements of curtains and flags.
    -AI that made me stop thinking of this game as a typical game and treat it differently than any other.
    -That the scene-setting lights in the hospital could be knocked over.
    -Individual differences in scribbled handwriting on the walls and in notes.
    -The piano in a hallway that wasn't there arbitrarily, but because it was close to a banquet room.
    -Ellie's joke about the scientists turning into monkeys. the animation on those monkeys!)
    -That Joel wanted to be a singer.
    -The giraffe scene.
    -The note to Bill being crumpled after getting tossed away.
    -Nolan North as David
    -Ellie's mood being down after seeing the deer carving.
    -The room Ellie was reading the diary in. That whole house in fact.
    -The ending

I could go on and on, but really, it's a culmination of all of these things and more that made this game something I never thought was even possible. How can anything top this? I honestly don't know. The realities of game development almost dictate that this game shouldn't exist, but it does and I'm forever grateful for that.
  28. Jun 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Last of Us is a beautiful experience. It is a rare, fulfilling narrative that will not disappoint you.

At the beginning of the game I was a bit unsure. The initial sequence is fantastic and riveting, but after skipping ahead 20 years to the setting of Boston, I felt as if the environments felt a bit unauthentic. It just seemed a bit "unpolished" to me. I'm not quite sure as to why, just the scenes involving Boston seemed as if they lacked the Naughty Dog "sparkle."

As the plot progresses however, the characters reel you in. The motion capture, facial expressions, voice acting, cutscenes- all phenomenal. You become attached to the storyline and boy is it addicting.

Gameplay is outstanding. It is undoubtedly a Naughty Dog game. Combat, foraging, and exploration shine in this game. Crafting is a welcome feature to the post apocalyptic scenario.

Graphics and visuals are brilliant. Every time a clicker gets too close, you are forced to watch hauntingly as it begins to devour you. It was so intense later in the game that when playing as Ellie, I had to look away.

The sound is nothing short of amazing. Excellent score, particularly near the end of the game, the giraffe scene and the final cutscene.

If I have any complaints about the game, they are minor. Once or twice the AI ignored one of my allies. A couple of glitchy moments but nothing major. If there's anything I would have liked to see in this game, I simply would have liked it to be longer. It took me just under thirteen hours to finish the first playthrough on normal difficulty. I know that's a decent length, but much of the story skips through parts of Joel and Ellie's journey. What happens in the land from Pittsburgh to Colorado? I enjoyed so much of the story and gameplay that I would have loved a significantly longer experience. Again, the story does do a great job of introducing new environments. Cities, snow covered forests, college campuses, rural towns, etc.

The ending is something that we will all be talking about for quite some time. Ellie, all throughout the journey, becomes more consumed with guilt. But in the end, Joel takes the guilt of a lie in an effort to her well being. A fantastically crafted story, easily one of the best I have ever played.

I have never completed a story and wanted to start playing it over again, right away. But that is what The Last of Us is- a masterpiece.

One of the best games of this generation.
  29. Jun 18, 2013
    I don't even begin to describe on amazing this game is, this game is such an amazing game and possibly the greatest game I've played, Naughty Dog once again proves they are gods of gaming, the combat in this game is gruesome and brutal, the only honest problem I have with this game was that I could not see at some points in the game, other than that I had no problem, if you love gamingI don't even begin to describe on amazing this game is, this game is such an amazing game and possibly the greatest game I've played, Naughty Dog once again proves they are gods of gaming, the combat in this game is gruesome and brutal, the only honest problem I have with this game was that I could not see at some points in the game, other than that I had no problem, if you love gaming this game is for you. Expand
  30. Jun 18, 2013
    I went in with very low expectations, mainly because I hate zombie games. But this game... it blew my mind! It didn't take long to understand that this game was not about the infected, and with the amazing writing and story you understand how the world has become to what it is and why people are acting zombie-like. I absolutely LOVE this game!

Pros: -One of the best gaming intro's to

Pros:
    -One of the best gaming intro's to date in this medium. I was playing this in the living room, and my parents were just minding there own business, as they usually do when I playing video games. But this time they were just entranced as I was.

-Extravagant voice acting. Some of the best this medium has to offer, and not just from a few of the voice actors but from the whole cast.

-Not just voice acting, but the actors performance was also incredibly well done.

-Loved finding the little notes about the peoples life stories and events that occurred to them

-Some of the most tense combat I've ever experienced in a game to date. An it's not about the checkpoints, and how death is trivialized. It's more about wanting to survive, and having that little inkling of health left, and just feeling triumphant, and victorious and you blow these hoarding blitzing clickers with the few ammo of buckshot you have left. Just feels so empowering.

-Some nice scary moments (the basement in pittsburgh, the school in lincoln)

-All the characters themselves were Joel was someone you could easily feel and relate for. Ellie was never annoying, and honestly felt like a daughter you wish you could have for yourself. She was dependent and strong, and a great female character. Bill was great as well. Loved the plight of sam and henry, and that conclusion, well, it was encapturing. Just lots of great characters all the way around. Full of depth and personality

-Great, and I meant GREAT writing. Felt natural, organic, and just very real. Felt very much like the script of a film, or a hbo tv show -Some of the levels like Lincoln, parts of Pittsburgh, and most of the 2nd half were great.

-First game that gets better and better as you progress. Very rare for a video game, since it's usually the other way around

-The 2nd half, especially The Winter Chapter, is what DEFINED this game. Without this 2nd half, this game would've been a straight up dissapointment.

-The Winter Chapter in general. So many great moments, and so many "The Road" vibes. Especially with the hanging people on the meathooks. Gave me those vibes from the road

-Playing as ellie was so much fun -I liked how david mentioned how many people joel and ellie killed, especially in the university. Really drove home the fact, that they are brutal murders in a sense, but only trying to survive for another day

-I really liked the in game inventory management.

-Really enjoyed the crafting, the upgrades as well.

-I really loved the Giraffe segment. Made me smile to see how happy and excited Ellie was

-Cutscenes look beautiful. Just beautiful

-The shadows are incredible, there are really some standout beautiful moments in this game

-Fall and Winter had some of the best atmosphere in this game

-As frequent as death is, love that the checkpoints never punish you

-Similar to tell tales walking dead, you can see a bond be created by these 2 characters. I honestly felt that The Last of US blew away what tell tale did in this area.

-Love how there relationship just grows and grows. What you experience when you first me her, will be a much different relationship when all is said and done. It really is great, especially how joel turns around in the spring chater -Just a great overall fiction and world that naughty dog built.

-A great OST as well. Never pounding upon your head. Subtle in ways, but always feel haunting, and emotional. Really, Really well done by Mr. Gustavo Santaolalla!

-Felt like a genuine journey. So many moments that will forever be remembered.

-Really like the ending. Wasn't what I expected, and the spoilers were wrong to! Made me think, which I always enjoy in a game
    -Probably one of the better gaming narratives to date. Yes it's predictable at times, yes it's treaded ground that's been beaten upon it's head time after time in books and films. It's tropes we've seen before. But for whatever reason, in this young medium, it feels so refreshing and new. The chemistry between these 2 characters. These are the stars of the show, and the game. How they evolve as characters, and most importantly as people is worthy of applaud to Naughty Dog Cons: -Some areas are a bit unpolished, some occasional minor glitches -Some of the AI ranges from great, to awful -Some of the minor things like strangling a guy whose screaming to death and not notifying other people around them is a bit hokey. And that's the only negative for me. But because of stellar voice actiong, story and gameplay I give this masterpiece 10/10.

1. Sep 16, 2013
  2. Sep 10, 2013
  3. Official PlayStation Magazine Benelux
    Sep 4, 2013
    Despite the breakneck pace of the prologue, it takes quite a while for The Last of Us to pick up some speed again. However, once the cold harsh winter arrives, the action (and story) ramps up. So much so, it puts most Hollywood productions to shame. [July 2013, p.76]