The Simpsons Game PlayStation 3

7.4

1. Apr 18, 2011
    This Is A Fun Game.. I Love Almost Everything About It.. BUT After 8 Or 9 Lev.. Its Really Hard... I Wish I Could Get Past It!
    Overall This Is A Fun, Funny, And Entertaining Game!
  2. Oct 21, 2011
    I don't know why this game is getting negative reviews. The game is decent, especially for Simpsons fans. The world has been captured like it never has been before and the voice acting is solid. Although repetitive gameplay and a not so lengthy game doesn't make this a must buy. But for Simpsons fans? Absolutely.
  3. May 31, 2013
    I am not a fan of The Simpsons show. I have only seen a few episodes in my life, but that's pretty much it. Having said that, I'm really liking this game. My friend gave me this game after I gave him MK vs DC. I haven't finished it yet but so far its really funny and it really is fun. The puzzles are good and so are the graphics. If you're a fan of the show, I'm sure you'll like it wayI am not a fan of The Simpsons show. I have only seen a few episodes in my life, but that's pretty much it. Having said that, I'm really liking this game. My friend gave me this game after I gave him MK vs DC. I haven't finished it yet but so far its really funny and it really is fun. The puzzles are good and so are the graphics. If you're a fan of the show, I'm sure you'll like it way more than I do. Expand
  4. JoeW.
    Jan 14, 2008
    I love this game BUT I am a major Simpsons fan, if you have good knowledge of the show there will be alot of memorable moments and references in this game and many fresh jokes. Alot of negative things were said about the camera but I think it works very well and free. A fun game with nice colourful graphics and a blast to play with a friend in co-op mode with good replay value. I love this game BUT I am a major Simpsons fan, if you have good knowledge of the show there will be alot of memorable moments and references in this game and many fresh jokes. Alot of negative things were said about the camera but I think it works very well and free. A fun game with nice colourful graphics and a blast to play with a friend in co-op mode with good replay value. (Downloadable content may also be arriving for us Simpson fans). Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2011
    This game has got alot of bad press in my opinion. It's not horrible by any means. It's got plenty of humor and charm and lots of game references that I could appreciate.

Graphics = Good cel shading and cut scene swap outs. Very nice visual style. Sounds = All the characters and voices from the show, dialog only gets old if you get stuck on the same part. Controls = Pretty simple and

Graphics = Good cel shading and cut scene swap outs. Very nice visual style.

Controls = Pretty simple and easy to use, learning everybody's weapon is the trick.

Difficulty = Really hard at times because you're not shown what to do sometimes and you can get stuck. Once you figure out your path than it's not so bad.

Playability = Easy to learn, good for adult and kid fans alike.

Value = I wouldn't say a $60 game but used for say $20 or $25 it's worth it. If you're a big Simpsons fan this is a must.

Overall value = If you've played any Simpson's game and wished it was better, than this is your game. Hasn't been one this fun since the old arcade. They even reference how bad their old games were.
  6. Feb 16, 2016
    The game features allot of the same humour that made me love The Simpsons in the first place. It delivers a funny experience while making you a part of Springfield first-hand. It's not the best Simpsons game (Hit and Run) but the only one that really made me feel like I was directly in an episode.

The gameplay is difficult as the mechanics are broken. It's easy to see where the budget was spent. Had they worked on it it could've been a decent platformer as well. Instead we got this game which often gets frustrating due to the camera controls. It also feels like some of the drawing was rushed. The level design isn't even that well thought of either for the most part.

That being said, if you're a Simpsons fan, seeing through these flaws will be fairly easy. If you don't like the Simpsons and are just looking for a platformer to play, move along.
  7. DanielF.
    Nov 9, 2007
    You might as well stay with the PS2 with this game or even the PS ONE, this is no next gen game, not even avarage at PS One level, will bore you after 20 minutes and make you wonder why you spent double money for the ps3 version when the ps2 is just the same....as for the game well..its the simpsons, but its not good, i still prffer the arcade version from over 10 years ago, which says You might as well stay with the PS2 with this game or even the PS ONE, this is no next gen game, not even avarage at PS One level, will bore you after 20 minutes and make you wonder why you spent double money for the ps3 version when the ps2 is just the same....as for the game well..its the simpsons, but its not good, i still prffer the arcade version from over 10 years ago, which says alot for this game. Expand
  8. ARonHubbard
    Nov 5, 2007
    Camera: broken Controls: broken Price: broken Do not buy. Rent if you're bored.
  9. Jul 6, 2012
    Dull and fairly boring. The Simpsons game will grab your attention and loose it very quickly due to the poor story, bad enemy types and boring gameplay. Snore,
  10. JJZ.
    Nov 1, 2007
    A Simpson game through and through. the game play is good but not great and the extras in game will get a chuckle out of most players but this is not the Simpson's arcade classic we were all hoping for.
  11. DavidL
    Nov 29, 2009
    This game is robust - but I don't think you'll enjoy it if you're not a simpsons fan, as the focus is more on the story than on the actual gameplay.
  12. Jan 7, 2017
    Well this is one average game. It isn't bad but it isn't that good. Though the ps2 version is worse. The controls are not that great. The camera is about broken, and the story is nothing special. There are more negatives but the ones I mentioned are the worst of them all. The best positives is the graphics are great. The cutscences are excellent. Most of them are all in the style of theWell this is one average game. It isn't bad but it isn't that good. Though the ps2 version is worse. The controls are not that great. The camera is about broken, and the story is nothing special. There are more negatives but the ones I mentioned are the worst of them all. The best positives is the graphics are great. The cutscences are excellent. Most of them are all in the style of the show but a few are done in te engine and the voice acting in these cutscences are perfect. They got all the voice actors from the show. And overall the platforming is fun and creative. Again, not bad, but not great. Expand

Had it offered online cooperative play, or local co-op play that was actually as much fun as the single-player game (if not more so) then the score would definitely be higher, but as it stands The Simpsons is a very enjoyable, though very, very short, single-player game that both hardcore and casual Simpsons fans will love.
  2. The bothersome camera often gets stuck, thus obscuring your vision and two-player split screen messes with the game's speed, but the exclusive clips and humorous presentation make this a must play, especially for diehard Simpsons fans.
  3. The gameplay might not be anything special, but The Simpsons Game delivers more than enough laughs to make it worth a look.