• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 23, 2012
8.2

1. Jan 28, 2013
    The Unfinished swan had plenty of potential and after Journey, big things were expected of it. Unfortunately, The Unfinished swan is too pompous. It's like a videogame art snob waving it's arms around and crying "Look at me! I'm an artistic masterwork!" Whilst it doe gets kudos for presenting an interesting idea and a nice visual aesthetic, it ultimately fails because it's gameplay is duller than dishwater. Do not be fooled. This is not a worthy successor to Journey. Expand
  2. Mar 8, 2013
    I reckon the idea is really creative and original, but I felt sick after 3 or 4 hours of playing. You need to keep moving the camera around, and everything is 2-colors, I think that's the main reason for the dizziness. So I can't say I enjoyed too much.
  3. Aug 29, 2014
    This was an okay game I guess. The idea looked interesting and the story, when presented, sounded wonderful and like something I'd definitely want to play and would be interested in. So, just to be sure, I got the demo and I'm glad I did.

Despite how wonderful the game sounded the camera movement was disorienting and confusing, not intuitive at all and the actual character movement was
    just as bad. I will grant it the graphics were decent (nothing compared to Journey as everyone says, I'd much rather look and listen to Journey) but the music was completely forgettable and what can be remembered is only how bad it was.

To be perfectly honest, the game play is slow and gets boring rather quickly. There is only so much ink you can splatter around before you're just bored and things get sort of frustrating because if you don't splatter it with ink you can't see it... and that's just sort of lame. BUT that's the whole game it seems... there are worse games because this is at least bearable but it's still just.... boring.... really boring...

1. Aug 23, 2013
    The Unfinished Swan is a creative experiment that’s worth a play, even if some aspects feel incomplete.
  2. Dec 10, 2012
    The Unfinished Swan is a beautifully crafted, unconventional, sophisticated and provocative game denying the gameplay stereotype by a constant surprising of a gamer. The game is resisting to deplete all of its interesting themes in quite possibly the most annoying way - it ends itself in the middle of the road, at the place where the gamer is willing to submit to it completely.
  3. Dec 4, 2012
    The Unfinished Swan isn't without its charms, and there were moments in the abandoned city, with the vines overgrowing walls and bridges in all directions, that I almost loved it. However, in its very short runtime The Unfinished Swan introduces too many different ideas and doesn't sufficiently explore or refine any of them-not even the bad ones. That might suit the theme, but it makes for a game that feels frustratingly incomplete.