7.5

1. Jul 4, 2013
    A great continuation on a great game. Good gameplay and improved animations and graphics. Short and sweet, yet you get enough time to get to know the characters. It leaves me hopeful for the future season 2 and beyond. Well worth the 5 dollars.
  2. Jul 3, 2013
    This game picks up right where the 1 season left off for me-and that's with an amazing set of stories. I felt right into the game with the first story I chose. In this episode of 400 Days, you can choose which character story you want to start off with and go on from there. The comic book graphics seem to look even better than Season 1. And the control mechanics are the same as before. ItThis game picks up right where the 1 season left off for me-and that's with an amazing set of stories. I felt right into the game with the first story I chose. In this episode of 400 Days, you can choose which character story you want to start off with and go on from there. The comic book graphics seem to look even better than Season 1. And the control mechanics are the same as before. It was over before I started which wanted me begging for more. But, that's what I like about this Walking Dead game. It makes you anxious for the next episode to play. I loved everything about 400 Days and look forward to more episodes in the future. I give this episode a 10/10. Collapse
  3. Jul 22, 2013
    The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a bittersweet, 90-minute journey, that brings you through the climactic points of five different individual's stories. The game starts out at a truck stop message board, where you have the opportunity to engage in these five stories in whichever order you like.

Each adventure is marked on the notice board by a name and picture of each character. Telltale has done a very good job in choosing a variety of personalities for these individuals and no two are alike. Each story is engaging and will have you at the edge of your seat for most of the 90 minute play-through. The different settings allow Telltale to add scope to their Walking Dead universe and never feel dull or boring. You'll be chased by bad guys into the middle of nowhere, be entangled in a love triangle while trudging through a spooky forest, get a sense of a post-apocalyptic community while inhabiting an abandoned rest stop, catch a free ride to the prison on a prison bus, and make your way to your grandma's house while meeting an interesting person on the way. All these stories take part in the 400 day timeline from the first few days of the start of the zombie invasion to the last few days. There is so much variety here that keeps each and every story interesting.

Not only is there a variety of places and times, but the most important part of this game are the choices and actions you partake in, which weigh heavily on the outcome of each character's life. In each story there is at least one instance where those decisions won't be easy and your gut reaction might not be the right reaction. However, that is what this game is all about...it is true to life, where our actions could lead to a devastating outcome. You may find yourself stuck between making a morally good decision or a necessary decision(not always the same). You may determine the fate of characters that you have briefly gotten to know. That is what makes this game great. Many of these decisions evoke an emotional response, which is rare.

If you have played The Walking Dead: Season One, you will feel right at home with the controls and game-play. The way you choose dialogue, control each character's movement, and engage in combat through quick-time events have not changed. The voice acting and script are phenomenal and as engaging as ever. However, there is the occasional dialogue where the lip syncs are off and some slowdown. Nevertheless, the game and story do not suffer from these minor hiccups. You might not even notice most of them. My biggest qualm with this game is the amount of time(or lack there of) it takes to play through these stories. In my first play-through, it took me about 90 minutes to complete the game. It was a little disappointing considering the amount of questions this game left unanswered, but that is exactly what Telltale wanted. Yet, there is no question that you will replay(as I have already done) each of the stories to see what you did wrong and what could have been.

A game like this, that makes you question your judgement and connect emotionally to the stories, is what made the original Walking Dead game great. The Walking Dead: 400 Days is a crumb in the bigger cake that is to be released with Season 2. It acquainted you with the characters you will see in Season 2 by throwing you into the pivotal moments of their lives. It makes you crave for more like an impatient toddler who received a free sample of chocolate and now wants the whole candy store. In that sense, Telltale has completed what they set out to do and has made an extraordinary buffer between Season 1 and Season 2. If you call yourself any kind of Walking Dead fan, you need to pick this decaying puppy up.
  4. Jul 5, 2013
    Si bien me gustaria que la serie fuera un poco mas interactiva la nueva entrega sigue con misma habilidad e inteligencia para traer una buena historia,sin innovar pero con una nueva forma de abordar el relato.Mas alla de las pequeñas criticas que se le pueden hacer se merece un 10 entendido como un eslabon de una cadena y con mas ansias de ver su continuacion que de su par televisivo..queSi bien me gustaria que la serie fuera un poco mas interactiva la nueva entrega sigue con misma habilidad e inteligencia para traer una buena historia,sin innovar pero con una nueva forma de abordar el relato.Mas alla de las pequeñas criticas que se le pueden hacer se merece un 10 entendido como un eslabon de una cadena y con mas ansias de ver su continuacion que de su par televisivo..que ya es mucho decir. Expand
  5. Jul 16, 2013
    I almost feel like I robbed Telltale when this is just £3.99. These 5 characters, as well as a few others, are very well presented. You get to know them, and the epilogue is a sign of what to expect in Season 2. A good one at that. The echoes of your choices from Season 1 will pan out here, which is really cool to see. I have good expectations from telltale for Season 2. 400 Days showsI almost feel like I robbed Telltale when this is just £3.99. These 5 characters, as well as a few others, are very well presented. You get to know them, and the epilogue is a sign of what to expect in Season 2. A good one at that. The echoes of your choices from Season 1 will pan out here, which is really cool to see. I have good expectations from telltale for Season 2. 400 Days shows that even without Lee and Clem, they are still capable if delivering characters you can get emotionally attached as well as an intriguing, enticing story. Expand
  6. Jul 8, 2013
    While not as deep as the first season, this is an exceptional episode that really whets the appetite for the next season. I was a bit hesitant when I read that each story is only 15 -20 min but I absolutely loved it. I would actually prefer this method for a future season. Where each episode was 20 min of 5 or so characters and the next episode picks up with the same characters for 20While not as deep as the first season, this is an exceptional episode that really whets the appetite for the next season. I was a bit hesitant when I read that each story is only 15 -20 min but I absolutely loved it. I would actually prefer this method for a future season. Where each episode was 20 min of 5 or so characters and the next episode picks up with the same characters for 20 minuets more. Expand
  7. Jul 5, 2013
    Excellent episode. For an excellent game. The story is engaging. The characters captivate the dialogues too. Do not wait to start playing the second season. Would you like to leave a collector's edition with this episode also hard to get it perfect. Congratulations Telltale
  8. Aug 27, 2013
    I understand the frustration that some players may have experienced when playing this DLC. But I assure you that this DLC is worth every dollar/pound/euro spent on it!
    This DLC as the job of bridging the gap between the end of Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2. Despite the fact that Season 2 has not yet come out, this is a job well done!
    Although it isn't as great as Season 1, this
    Although it isn't as great as Season 1, this DLC is capable of delivering us new and interesting characters and a somewhat odd timeline, on which actions from Season 1 will, directly or not, affect our journey through this DLC, and on which our choices for this DLC will affect the ending and therefore the beginning of Season 2.
  9. Jul 3, 2013

1. You could see 400 Days as a great dessert after an exquisite meal. Or maybe as an appetizer for a second course, because we were left wanting much more, even though this DLC does not quite reach the same heights as the original series. [September p.90]
  2. Aug 20, 2013
    As a teaser for the next season, it's superb. [Issue#234, p.85]
  3. Aug 18, 2013
    If you go into 400 Days expecting the same intense, emotional, roller coaster of a ride that Season 1 produced then you could be disappointed. With characters leaving almost as quickly as they are introduced there’s no time to get any sort of attachment, particularly when playing as a different person in each chapter. Keep your expectations in check however and there’s still plenty to get out of 400 Days, with an ending that could tie into the next season, this is still a worthy chapter in the series.