8.8

Novelty
    The Game plays like a Movie
    I like the characters.

Linear story line
    Somehow, I do not feel like playing The Walking Dead 2. Maybe I am sick of it.
  2. Jan 12, 2013
    Great art style, and great narrative equals a fun experience for a good price but without replay value because your choices really do not affect the storyline. Well worth the 4 dollars I spent renting it.
  3. May 8, 2013
    The game is good with selectable choices but it's SAD,very SAD; with CAPS and that's not cool.
    A zombie videogame of point and click gameplay, adaptative history telling and dramatic cutscenes i got to admit just very entertaining.Long time no see games with that structure the graphics are ok without being outstanding but enough to keep you interested is more of a comic book style.
    But
    But like I already mention the whole game,with all chapters complete is SAAAAD very!.The history is designed to whatever choice you make,but no matter what's your choices are, is going to end in tragedy and that's simply dissapointing.Never wrote a review based on history but nowadays seems to be a factor.The game is so sad that remembered me that 80's B-movies tragedy-drama type that you would like to simply forget. Looks like history is going to be decisive in videogames nowadays another examples of unlikely history are,Max Payne 3 and Mass Effect 3.Jeez a good game is just ruined by the complete history.Lame.
  4. Jun 13, 2013
    It's a hard one to call. As stand alone episodes this game was a set of mini masterpieces. There are great set pieces, tense moments and hard decisions to be made here, and it is realistic and thought provoking in what it provides. Though as a stand alone title it's just not quite up to scratch, since the gameplay mechanisms get a little tiring about halfway. The most part of the game isIt's a hard one to call. As stand alone episodes this game was a set of mini masterpieces. There are great set pieces, tense moments and hard decisions to be made here, and it is realistic and thought provoking in what it provides. Though as a stand alone title it's just not quite up to scratch, since the gameplay mechanisms get a little tiring about halfway. The most part of the game is spent hunting for objects via a point and click system, or conversing with your companions, who will always be upset with you for one reason or another. This wouldn't be a problem if your actions meant something, but on the most part they have very little impact on the ultimate outcome.
    On the positive side, the story does something rarely seen in video games pulling you into its narrative, asking questions about the point of humanity, and developing themes of hope and despair. I left feeling empty and hollow (not a bad thing) after the closing chapter, but I wish there was was something I would want to go back to this game for sadly there isn't. Enjoy the 8-10 hours it lasts, it will be your last...
  5. Mar 20, 2013
    Rate this a 5, I dont see how people can rate this game a 10, yall must be die hard fans lol, I love the Tv series of the walking dead but this game was boring, not much gameplay and your mostly watching some bad animation, Game Lagged alot. The story is great but they should have just made this a animated tv show series not an interactive game.
  6. Apr 1, 2013
    I'm not a fan of the Walking Dead TV series but picked this up due to the good reviews plus it was only $20NZD. Great value at that price as this was an enjoyable experience. And I mean experience as this is more an interactive movie. The story is interesting and the characters are reasonably well done for the most part.

The reason I didn't give this a higher score was your decision

The reason I didn't give this a higher score was your decision making in the game didn't seem to have a massive effect on the storyline. It just seemed to change who survived and who didn't. Where if you compare it to a similar game like Heavy Rain, some decisions in that totally change the direction the game heads in.

Still, this was enjoyable and well worth playing as it is very cheap and is an easy platinum for the trophy whores out there.
  7. Dec 10, 2013
    When i first buy this game early this year, was hopeful to have both good gameplay&story true out i was right, Best Comic video game ever released
    Story: 8/10
    Gameplay: 7/10
    Total: 8/10

1. Play UK
    May 27, 2013
    A gaming experience that is truly unlike any other, The Walking Dead should be required playing for anyone who considers themselves a fan of our favourite medium. [Issue#231, p.76]
  2. Mar 17, 2013
    It deserves it as well, because The Walking Dead is a great game, one that truly pushes what can be done with a video game narrative that cannot be done in film or TV.
  3. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 29, 2013
    Believable dialogue from rounded characters who behave as you'd expect real people to. [Feb 2013, p.106]