8.3

1. Jun 29, 2012
    It works now that they released an update that finally makes Episode 2 work, when I first downloaded it every time I would try to play the new episode the screen would go black and it would return me to the PS3 main menu, but the update fixed that. And I'm really glad it did, this episode is better than the first. It's really awesome how your choices in the previous episode affect how this one plays out, they effect which people trust you and which people will help you. This episode is also a lot more brutal than the last one was, and the choices this time are even tougher to make and forced me to gain new opinions about members of my group. My only complaints (other then it not working at first) is that it's got some minor technical issues like it will freeze for a second of two to load in the middle of you playing every now and then. If you liked the first episode you'll love the second, TellTale delivered, all I ask of them is that they don't make me wait so long next time (unless they have a legitimate excuse that they TELL US ABOUT!!!). Expand
  2. Jul 8, 2012
    Well done for 2 episode.... Everything perfect.. just release date for europe .... Waaaaay to late ... Thats why peoples giving lots of negative votes... Try to release it at same time in all countries and it will be much better
  3. Jul 5, 2012
    The walking dead episode 2 is a nail bitting, choice decisioning adventure that got a whole lot more brutal then episode 1. The choices in this will be more chilling then the 1st, making it harder and more dramtic then the other. The voice acting is a brilliant as before, evryone sounds like they belong there. The presentation is beautiful, the comic book look is just amazing to look at. the only problems ive had with it is a wee bit off slow transations to next scenes but nothing an update it cant fix. its well worth the purchase, with 2 hours of gameplay and good replayabilty, this game will be for anyone who loves point and clicks and heavy rain. Expand
  4. Jul 5, 2012
    Telltale is never to disappoint with an amazing story and gameplay. Even though many were halted for the error screen but finally playing it, the game was no waste of time.
  5. Jul 3, 2012
    It just keeps getting better, and better. Your decisions from the last episode has a big impact on this episode. There is a couple of frame rate issues, and dialogue hiccups here and there, but nothing to major. The story is still solid, and the character development is excellent so far, and the constant crucial situations and decision are still there, and there even better and harder to decide than before. I can't wait for the next episode to arrive. I just hope it doesn't take as long as episode 2 to release. Expand
  6. Jul 7, 2012
    Great 2nd episode I loved the twist it had , shame we had to wait so long for it but hey, and as regards comments from OddlyAwesome , no idea what game he/she was playing. Apart form a few frame rate issues,this game just gets better.
  7. Jul 8, 2012
    Very limited gameplay and a few technical issues on the ps3 version ( some long loading screens mid gameplay ) don't prevent this being a whole ton of fun, great story and dialogue with some pretty damn brutal moments combine to make this zombie survival a whole ton of fun, loving the series so far, just don't make me wait so long for the next. !
  8. Jul 28, 2012
    As many people have mentioned, after being said the walking dead series were
    To be released monthly, the long wait for episode 2 ruined the sort of flow between the first and second episode that I imagined. However, regardless of the wait my excitement continued to grow until the day of the release. Nonetheless, it boils down to the individual game itself, which was why I was pleased that
    is the same as episode one, the comical graphics and the voice acting were both Perfect yet there were times the game froze for a split second leaving voice syncing of until after the scene. Nevertheless the choices although feel a bit less this time round, again mattered. There were times when I stressed about what to do yet continued to question myself for an answer as episode 2 perfectly delivers the emotions of the story. If you got episode 1 or love a game with emotions and attachment, start with one so you can get 2! Few technical issues stop it from being a full 10. Expand
  9. Oct 26, 2012
    Better than episode one. The story continues as survivors search for food. A lot of quality plot to be seen here. Choices made in episode one effect the episode and allows the player mulitple playthroughs. The best $5 you can spend.
  10. Jul 16, 2012
    Fantastic game, in some ways its even better than the first episode. Tell-tale games have made a real gem here, and if you are a fan of the TV show, then you will definitely like this game. No great game mechanics, no great graphics (though they are linked to the comics) just a fantastic story with great player choice sections. Every players story is likely to be slightly different, and (like the TV show) there are often sections in the game that require you to make tough choices, real tough. The rations section at the start of this episode shows a great example of this. For £4 per episode, this is a no brainer. Its way less than most games on the market today, and is a lot better than most. If you are looking for an action packed shoot-em-up, then this is not for you, if you are looking for a great story, that really makes you connect with the characters and the hard choices that need to be made, then get this game! Expand
  11. Jul 11, 2012
    This game is amazing! The choices you make affects your relationship with others, and the game outcome itself! The story is superb, it puts you in great suspense. The soundtrack is great, it puts you in suspense. The graphics are great, considering that its comics-based. Controls are simple. The only problem i found in this game is the loading during midgame. but surely, this will not really affect your gaming experience. Speaking about the game delay, I will not mind as long as its that great. Well done, Telltale! Expand
  12. Aug 3, 2012
    I tell you what. I am only in the middle of the episode, and something strange happened. When me and the boys left for recon, and Clem ran up and told me to be lucky, my heart shattered. Maybe I'm just emotional, but no other game has ever captured my emotions like that, and this scenario also ties into the whole game. Keep it up, TTG!
  13. Aug 30, 2012
    The only really bad thing about this title is the length between each episode. Alas! Second episode is a second straight 10 in my opinion. The storyline is heading into bright future, placing the game among the best titles of this year. Definitely a must have!
  14. Aug 21, 2012
    The game does a great job of giving the player a feeling of thrill and excitement. The story is great and gameplay unique. A must have for any gamer looking for a good game.
  15. Aug 16, 2012
    Great game, great story, great cell shaded graphics. Seriously guys! What do you expect from a $5 game? Seriously people complaining about a $5 game have issues. Its awesome and the characters you can really adapt to.
  16. Oct 19, 2013
    Episode Two was not what I expected at all. It was fantastic and met such a high calibre of brilliancy that it surpassed Episode One by ten miles!

The new sinister characters are brilliant, the alternative choices are fantastic. The amount of shock in this episode was second to none!
  17. Jan 27, 2013
    An AMAZING episode in an otherwise disappointingly horrid series. I felt I should review Episode1/2 after giving Episode 3/4/5 awful ratings. The story in this episode is extremely well-paced, starting off in medias res, slowing then, reintroducing the player to the current state of the game, and then starting off on an epic adventure. The story gains much depth, as you can still converse with all the characters, learn their backstory, and have character developments everywhere. The action is simply AMAZING, and there are great action scenes and so-on in this episode. Gameplay is very engaging and satisfying, and while at points the controls seem sloppy, the gameplay is still enjoyable, although fairly simple.

The music and sound in this episode is also extremely good. In several scenes, the audio helps tremendously with setting the mood and also engaging the player in the world.

Although it is later revealed that no decisions you make actually create any actual difference in the game's story, the decisions in this episode at least feel like they have meaning.

All in all, this is an amazing episode, and it is quite disappointing that the later episodes completely drop the ball and were rushed, unpolished, and terribly disappointing, annoying mess.
  18. Nov 30, 2012
    This game especially this part is great! There´s not much more to say, the characters are "real", you start to care about them and I often was worried about one or another! If you haven´t played it yet, do it! Im didn´t like the Walking Dead Tv show but this is so great!

1. In terms of gameplay you can still expect the same simple running around, talking to people and mashing buttons when you get attacked by a zombie. Story-wise however, this episode does what it needs to do. [September 2012, p.86]
  2. Aug 7, 2012
    For the raw, skittish tension of the decisions you make? The Walking Dead is unmatched. [Issue#221, p.79]
  3. Jul 29, 2012
    Despite a non-optimized to best development, undermined by haste to publish the game, it remains impossible not to be affected by the quality of the second episode of the series The Walking Dead.