8.3

1. Jun 29, 2012
    They completely botched the update for Episode 2. Multiple users are complaining (myself included) that even after following the proper installation procedure, the game inexplicably goes to a blank black screen then exits (no error message or anything) to the main PS3 menu. And this is after attempting to load episode 2 from a saved game which as we all know, is not supposed to happen in a properly coded program. This is an unfortunate turn of events after Telltale extended their deadline for this episode by over a month. I do recall that the initial sales pitch for this game was that it was episodic, with new episodes released on a monthly basis; however they changed this to periodic releases throughout the year (with absolutely no explanation given, no new customer agreements to confirm, and you had to go directly to their website to read their new sales pitch to find out). And so we have waited about 2 months for a new episode and it has not delivered. Actually, I guess technically it has delivered, it just doesn't work and makes the game completely unplayable. Had Episode 2 actually worked and blew my socks off, I was probably going to give this release an average review rating anyway due to Telltale's complete lack of communication to its customers (remarkably the only feedback via their website is a couple of vague non-concrete answers, and that is within a forum topic that is dozens of pages long. Did they actually expect customers to sift through all of that to get some simple answers?!). Furthermore, Episode 1 is rendered unplayable now, because the dialogue options have disappeared and pushing controller buttons does absolutely nothing. The game is essentially broken, and I am wondering what they are going to do about it. Of course, looking for an answer on their forums is going to be a chore, given their horrible track record regarding effective communication. I'm extremely disappointed, since I bought the season-pass from them and expected properly working monthly releases as I was promised. I was expecting something along the lines of professionalism, since I was dealing with a company that I had no prior experiences with, but it looks like many people are going to make up their minds about this company's numerous failings on their own. Expand
  2. Jul 4, 2012
    The plot should have expanded and the characters should develop. This is not the case. It should be slow paced yes. But TellTale Games are taking this to the far extreme. A poor second episode. My hopes for the 3rd episode is very low.

1. In terms of gameplay you can still expect the same simple running around, talking to people and mashing buttons when you get attacked by a zombie. Story-wise however, this episode does what it needs to do. [September 2012, p.86]
  2. Aug 7, 2012
    For the raw, skittish tension of the decisions you make? The Walking Dead is unmatched. [Issue#221, p.79]
  3. Jul 29, 2012
    Despite a non-optimized to best development, undermined by haste to publish the game, it remains impossible not to be affected by the quality of the second episode of the series The Walking Dead.