7.9

1. Mar 21, 2014
    Apparently the game DOES get better each episode...but I still had major framerate issues and characters unintentionally (obv glitch) repeated themselves in the dialogue pretty noticably. That said I enjoyed this episode for being unpredictable. Still though it gets a 7/10. I played episode 3 4 and 5 within a few days of eachother unlike episode 1 and 2...check out the next review.
  2. Sep 5, 2012
    Episode 3 has to be the most depressing of all so far. In the first and second episodes there was shocking moments but this was just sad. It was not a bad episode but not my favorite, it moved pretty fast for this type of game and most of the time you found yourself trying to keep up because a lot was happening very fast. It gave you a sense of little control in a group of people fallingEpisode 3 has to be the most depressing of all so far. In the first and second episodes there was shocking moments but this was just sad. It was not a bad episode but not my favorite, it moved pretty fast for this type of game and most of the time you found yourself trying to keep up because a lot was happening very fast. It gave you a sense of little control in a group of people falling apart and I think that was the intention. Over all i think it was a good episode and if you still haven't started playing now would be the time. Expand
  3. Sep 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The game's going downhill since episode 2.
    While they say your choice matter, in fact, it does not. None of your actions really affects the gameplay, it only slightly affects dialogues you get.
    Also, killing most of the characters the player got attached to and replacing them with new ones does not do the game any good - the player's interest in the story dies along with those characters.
    The game has some bugs, as well, and while some bugs are just slightly annoying, other bugs just freezes the game.
    With all that being said, this episode not only the worst episode of all 3, it's mediocre game at best.
  4. Aug 31, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I think this was the worst episode of the three that has been released so far. And I say that because in this episode they took away your options to choose, and change stuff. I had two totally different play-through and at the end of this episode there were almost no difference between them. No matter what you do, you can't save Carley/Doug who dies in a stupid and pointless way, nor Katja and Duck. This episode want to break our mind and heart and doing this by ruining the premise of the game, that your choices matters. Expand

1. Oct 2, 2012
    The first sign of weakness in the otherwise excellent series. [Issue#223, p.87]
  2. When we say "we", we mean "we" and not "you", because every player up until now has built up different relationships with different characters through the many choices they have had to make. This time your companionship will leave the motel by train. [October 2012, p.78]
  3. Sep 17, 2012
    As good as the previous ones, especially story-wise. I can't help feeling disappointed by the amount of glitches and badly executed lip syncs though.