6.8

1. Apr 28, 2013
    Thomas Was Alone is a must own for PS Vita and PS3 owners. Its price is small and the 100 levels will keep you engaged for about 4-5 hours. Each character gets their moment in the spotlight and I never felt robbed of anyone’s impact on the story. The in-game narrator and soundtrack help flesh out its perfect presentation and other games in this genre could learn a lot from it. Simple platforming and fun puzzles make sure you're never going to rage quit the game and miss something important to the story. This is the type of game that makes me proud to be a gamer. It makes me feel good that I can connect with a red rectangle named Thomas and cringe and cheer as his hopes and fears come true.  Thomas Was Alone is a story about friendship and adversity but I got something much deeper from it about human self-reflection and how people can connect with anything.  I realize now that Thomas was not alone, Thomas was with me. Expand
  2. Apr 26, 2013
    This game is a superb game!! Interlocked with its intriguing story line is a phenomenal puzzle game that gets better every second. The game has a great twist and the character's are very interesting. This, tied in with the fantastic narrating makes for a beautiful game.
  3. Apr 26, 2013
    Brilliant game, that really shines as you play through it. Yes the graphics are simple, but the gameplay is spot on and driven by a powerful and well told story, this is a true gem. You get a really good platformer, mixed with some good puzzles and beautiful narrating.

It has true Cross-platform support, meaning cross-save and cross-buy for your PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
  4. Jun 25, 2013
    This game is a must-have game for PC. It made me literally cry more than twice. Please support the developers and get this game, I can't wait for the next game. One more thing... Personally, the only thing I didn't like about the game were the controllers.
  5. May 1, 2013
    A beautiful, vibrant, and hilariously cute game that has fantastic narration. This is nearly damn perfect if it wasn't for a short amount of game play. Yet, like Journey it is a short game play that is entertaining every single time you play it. The characters (Shapes) have made fall in love with this game. A fantastic edition to you PSN library.
  6. May 28, 2013
    This is one of the best puzzle games that I have ever played, defiantly on a par with Portal. The graphics in the game are so simple but yet so detailed and beautiful as you look closer, squares are good in Minecraft and squares are also very good here. The game play is perfect the controls are brilliant and the levels are really fun and rewarding. The characters are great they almost have personalities even though they are squares. It is just great I could go on for a lot longer but you don't want to read it and I don't want to write it. Just buy it now. Collapse
  7. May 28, 2013

1. Apr 4, 2014
    Thomas Was Alone gives an all-encompassing experience that’s nestled inside a marvelously crafted world of stories, friends, and jumping.
  2. This puzzle platformer may sport some the most dull looking characters we have ever seen in a videogame. But you just can not help but care for these small little blocks because of the game's very well designed mechanics and great storytelling. [June 2013, p.90]
  3. Thomas Was Alone comes together into something more than the sum of its multiple simplistic parts. [July 2013, p79]