3.8

1. Apr 11, 2013
    I've been playing tw since it began. It has it's up and down years. Last year was great. You could play the game without having to dish out more money to play all courses. This year the average price to buy a course has gone from coins to greenbacks. With a 5 buck average. 4getaboutit! Game play online is like watching paint dry. You can't see what another player is doing. Other player shot count is gone. Another player comes up on the screen and just stands with their back to you no continuing motion. The average time to play 18 holes is 30 min. What happened EA? Ooop's I know. Less content than last year. Pay to play more courses. Laugh all the way to the bank right EA. Maybe you have some patches coming and offer more ways to obtain items. I can only hope! But you really dropped the ball on 14 and it's in the deep rough. Expand
  2. Apr 6, 2013
    I find this game to be unplayable.
    1) After any change of settings or even finishing a tournament, it takes forever to save the user settings. This can range from 2 minutes to "forever" (I turn off the PS3 after 10 minutes).
    2a) The manual does not describe the fact that the listed club distance is not actually the distance that a swing will cause I learned by searching forums that a
    "full swing" will cause the ball to travel to the aim point, not the listed distance.
    2b) The manual does not describe how to cause ball spin after it is in flight I learned of the existence of this feature by watching a YouTube video on how to play the game.
    2c) What else does the manual not describe???
    3) In practice mode for the first amateur tournament, I can't move the aimpoint very far for a wood or iron, and can't move it at all for a putt. What good is a practice mode if it behaves differently than the real mode I'm trying to practice for?
    4) After finishing the first amateur open tournament, but not winning it, I can't enter the US open because I didn't qualify. However, I also can't re-play the amateur tournament to attempt to win it. If you don't win your first tournament on your first try, you have to delete your golfer and create a new one to try again. That's really lame.
    5a) I tried to use the Move controller, but the game won't let me unless I also have an Eye Camera. There is nothing in the manual that specifies this requirement.
    5b) While using the Move controller (after going out a buying an Eye Camera), every few minutes the game pops up an error message telling me that my controller is no longer connected. This is because while using the Move, my main PS3 controller is not being used, so it times out. Ridiculous.

Overall don't waste your money or time on this lousy piece of software.
  3. Mar 30, 2013
    This game contains at least one CRITICAL flaw. To quote EA's own site "Online Multiplayer 1-2". For one, since when is "1" multiplayer?

Lastly, golf is traditionally played by a foursome. Why on Earth is the game limited to 2 player online multiplayer? Some of the earlier versions of the game were not limited in that way. Why would EA remove such a key feature from the game? BIZARRE!!!!

From that reason alone (max of 2 players online multiplayer) I give Tiger Woods 14 and resounding 0.
  4. Mar 27, 2013
    Sure this game is more than 0, but EA's greedy and irresponsible behaviours are simply ridiculous. 1. The voice and motion controls are broken alongside other problems. 2. Day one DLCs which only means ugly money milking. 3. You cannot complete tour without spending money buying DLC courses. 4. Micro-transection which means you can cheat with money buying your gear up. So you see, it's always about money with little effort about improving gaming experience. Expand

1. There is a lot of reading material if you are interested in some of golf's most legendary feats, but you can stow away any hopes of seeing such performances in the game itself. Tiger Woods PGA Tours seems to be desperate for the next generation. [May 2013, p.92]
  2. May 27, 2013
    As always, one for the dedicated. [Issue#231, p.83]
  3. If you’ve never played a golfing game before this would be a great place to start. It’s packed with a great introduction to the sport, dozens of hours of content, and there’s few things more satisfying than rocking up to the 18th one stroke behind, only to sink an astounding 35-metre chip for the tournament win. [June 2013, p79]