• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Jun 28, 2012
    The original was fun in many ways. This one is visually just as impressive if not better. Also, the Tomb Raider 2 influences are definitely present (Daggers, Tibet, etc) though that is a good thing. Honestly, this game doesn't really do me in. I feel liked I had more fun with the original. I see some notable improvements in this one over the original, but really it feels like the same game. It's not a bad one, but I'm not into basic platforming games and heavy emphasis on shooting. Expand
  2. May 15, 2012
    WOW. This game is so good. I just replayed it after i played uncharted 3 in november. I have to say that this game is the best in the series no contest. Its hard to explain, this one is just better. More engaging story, great variety in scenes(the plane/desert scene of uncharted 3 is still the best scene on the playstation 3) etc.
  3. May 18, 2012
    this was one of the best games I've played on ps3 period. I think I've played this game twice, and then went back once a while do play particular chapters again. It was just everything you would want in a third person shooter. The story was addicting, every chapter was diverse, and game play was top notch. I loved the puzzles, and the climbing (assasins creed feel) to it. I also love the humor that was sometimes added into this game whether that be cut scenes, or when nathan randonly talks during firefights. Expand
  4. Jul 30, 2013
    Amazing game, outstanding graphics and a good story will keep you chain to the console for a long time. I really enjoyed the game and would recommend to anyone.
  5. Jul 5, 2013
    What to say? After 1st part I expected awesomeness! Got good game, but worse than first part. Game is totally polished with great graphics, sound, cutscenes, but gameplay from 1st part awesome become shooting gallery. It's almost survival gameplay. Further, while some parts are technically PERFECT their gameplay is concurrent for most boring gameplay of all times (referring to train part of the game). Overall good game with almost no story. Only shooting. Expand
  6. Jan 10, 2013
    Just like the first "Uncharted" game, this one is a marvel in the graphics and sound department and there is some fun to be had, but the game is still ruined by the frustrating "monster closet" combat system. The combat is so un-fun I put the game aside after only a few hours of play and never went back.

Only slighty more fun than the first one...
  7. Jun 10, 2012
    i love this game one of the best for the playstation 3 the story is good
    the gameplay is good
    the singleplayer is long or 13hours
    the soundtrack is great
    the multiplayer is good
    and the co-op is awesome
  8. Sep 18, 2013
    this games is one of the most amazing I have played in my life, definitely in my top 5, my mind was freaking blown, it is really one of the best games you can buy, so if you haven't played it... WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? DO IT NOW!!!
  9. Jun 13, 2012
    This game got me into Uncharted... I played it through, and the second I touched the multiplayer I FELT why this game is so great compared to others... THE gameplay mechanics are simply unmached!
    The Singleplayer is more than a blockbuster and should be played by EVERY gamer in this world! (or other world!)
  10. Jun 16, 2012
    From start to finish, I could not put this game down. The story is very engaging. The voice acting is incredible. The sound effects and music are awesome. And the graphics are simply beautiful. I highly recommend this game to anyone that likes the Action/Adventure genre.
  11. Jun 27, 2012
    Best game i've ever played.. Single player is sooo good. the co-op mode online is really fun to play with friends as well. I can't Imagine games will look much better than this game does
  12. Jun 30, 2012
    Amazing. Great gameplay, a fantastic storyline, a compelling narritive with great characters and a fun multiplayer.
    This game builds on the foundations left by the first game and improves it by a mile creating one of the best games ever made in my opinion as once I started playing it I couldn't stop as it was very fun.
    The controls are so fluid and the set pieces are mind blowing and it
    has the best single player campaign ever in a game.
    The multiplayer is great with great map designs and great game modes like elimination, team deathmatch, capture the flag etc. and is very fun but I feel they could have added more custimization of guns and characters other than designing a clan logo. but otherwise is a great multiplayer experience.
    A Must have for any PS3 owner & if you don't have a PS3 get one for this game. 10/10
  13. Jul 6, 2012
    Just fantastic. Its so fresh, and its a tale thats just awesome with brilliant writing and stellar gameplay. Everything about it is a step up from the previous game, and its just awesome. If you dont have a PS3, buy it for this game if any.
  14. Jul 13, 2012
    I didn't know anything about the game before I played it - which just goes to show how surprised I was when I realized I couldn't put down the controller. Not only is this game beautiful graphically, but it also includes many challenges and is great in terms of educational values. A masterpiece.
  15. Jul 31, 2012
    This is the best uncharted game so far. Long, visually stunning, deep and explosive, Uncharted 2 combines all the qualities you can find in a videogame, and more! No video game has ever done a better job of capturing the style and rhythm of the movies.
  16. Oct 11, 2013
    The only game better than Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is The Last Of Us. It is perhaps the greatest sequel of all time (honorable mention Mass Effect 2), it takes the Uncharted series to the next level in every single department. Better graphics, better characters, better game play and better action.

With many sequels they often disappoint, especially if they are following great
    predecessors, but Uncharted 2 was far from being a let down, it simply blew the first one out of the water. After replaying both games, there is certainly a difference, the second game feels much better and more natural. The main antagonist Zoran Lazarević provides a excellent performance as he and Nathan Drake race to find the lost city of Shambhala. The introduction of Chloe Frazer provides an interesting dilemma for gamers, do they prefer Elena, the good girl with the right morals or Chloe, the sexy teasing yet interesting character and whether or they go better with Drake.

All I can say is if you have not played this game (or the first) you simply have to give it a go, Uncharted 2 is in my Top 5 best games I have ever played because it is that good. And it without a doubt one of the best games of the generation.

10/10 INCREDIBLE
  17. Jul 21, 2012
    Didn't think I would enjoy the game but it was fantastic. One of the best single-player modes I have ever played. I wouldn't even hesitate to say that it is better than any sports game I play and I am a sports fanatic. Fantastic stuff.
  18. Jul 29, 2012
    By far the best PS3 game yet to date in this generation and Naughty dog's best game they made during their development time.

Story- Nathan Drake returns this time dealing with Marco Polo's journey on what happened during Marco Polo's expedition, eventually it leads to Nathan drake finding an artifact that leads to places he never seen before in his life. Along side Drake is Elena and
    sullivan returning though sully doesn't appear as much as he used to in the 1st game and Chloe Fraizer gets introduced as a protagonist with drake to help him get to the treasure first before the antagonist finds him.

Graphics- OMG i would never believed that Naughty Dog is this good in detailing this awesome game by making it look like its a movie compared to a game but its outstanding in being well toned for its texture and designing on the levels so IT gets me 5 thumbs up or stars.

Gameplay-By far the most exceeding game after the original game and improves easily. By aiming your gun in a direction you want you can tap the grenade button and throw it at a distance. puzzle which appeared in uncharted 1 mostly don't show alot in this game alot but are enjoyable to play.Combat is much easier to pull off and show slow motion which is awesome to see your guy just kill a soldier in style. Stealth is much easier to do unlike uncharted 1 in which all you do is snap a guys neck which isn't much but uncharted 2 depending on where you are can be described awesome stealth kills and be easy on pulling off.

Multiplayer- This is the first that naughty dog has managed to pull an online sever for their shooting games since Jak X combat racing which was considered a racing game similar to twisted metal, they only pull off basic multiplayer modes to make the players feel enjoyed with no customizations to guns similar to the COD series but boosters is what help players feel enjoyed to no end. Basic Team deathmatch, plunder, elmination, KOTH, turf war, chain reaction feels superior but the problem with the online is if somebody were to drop it due to connection issues or B.S. online can make the game not feel playable at all. Another problem was the patch after 1.04 naughty dog released that has changed the game completely now its basically respawns being stupid and a booster called "Situational Awareness" because everyones so scared of being shot at as soon as they respawn and troll the opposing team on where they were going to spawn next after they died which basically the game was not good as it used to be.

Co-op- In adventure of it theres couple of stages you do to complete serveral objective they have to do. Arena has number of rounds you do but only in 1 objective you have to play compared to uncharted 3 with different variety. But another problem is if people drop from connection issues or other stuff it immediatley end the game completely and you get thrown back into the main menu of the online.

Overall- In my opinion and still to this day that Uncharted 2 was the top overrated dog of this generation and always will be for having at least an epic story like movie and traditional multiplayer that rocks and though it may have problems still i'll considered it giving uncharted 2 a perfect 10 for a masterpiece of a game that will live up to its name. Haters can hate but Uncharted 2 still one of the kings of PS3.
  19. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is really awesome. The graphics are really beautiful. The characters and the story are really very good. The game really pass that adventure feeling. Who said that this game is bad is because don't even played, or are just fanboys trying to express his sadness cause can't play the game.
  20. Aug 7, 2012
    This is easily the crown jewel of the Uncharted series. The story itself is fantastic, there is a very good variety of different places you find yourself at, and everything just seems to flow together very well. The controls are very easy to use and much improved over the first installment of the game. There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this game, and I consider it to be one of the best video games that I've ever played in 25+ years of actually playing video games. Expand
  21. Sep 29, 2012
    This is one of the best, maybe THE best game on the PlayStation 3 right now. When it was released it showed what the PS3 can really do. Pushed the limits in terms of everything! The game is graphically stunning, game play has been made to amaze the player and the story is simply magical! It makes you play and play and play more and play it again when it is finished! All 26 chapters are equally awesome. Very minor problems which will not upset you at all when playing this game!
    This is one game that should not be missing from any PS3 owner, and I think it is a very good reason for anyone who doesn't have a PS3 to buy it just for this game! Simply Awesome!
    A must have!
  22. Oct 7, 2012
    A flowing gameplay image distortion are alien. And finally extremely believable characters. Uncharted 2 looks like great cinema and manages that one becomes one with the scenario of a globe spanning adventure.
  23. Oct 20, 2012
    Uncharted 2 Among Thieves makes me proud to own a Playstation 3. The graphics are some of the best I've seen in my life and the story and gameplay are extremely cinematic and unforgettable. Another thing that impresses me about Uncharted is how likable the characters are. The voice acting is also some of the best I've ever seen, and you rarely get that in video games at all, if you have a PS3 you have no excuse to not have this. This is an easy 10/10. Expand
  24. Jul 18, 2013
    amazing game! great story, characters, and gameplay! naughty dog is at it again with another amazing game!

now, you're not shooting random pirates for no reason like the last game, you're shooting them for a more clear reason now which makes the games much more engaging unlike the first one. skip the first one and play 2 and 3.
  25. Oct 11, 2012
    I knew going into it that it was supposed to be better than the first but I didn't know how well it was going to keep my suspense up and surprise up after so recently having played the first. In every way I thought this was an improvement over the first game which I've never really felt about a series before. It felt just a unique, beautiful, and well-told as the Drakes Fortune. The pacing felt strange to me as at chapter 22 it said that I had played for almost seven hours and then the last four chapters took another three or four hours. So the back end felt pretty heavy but it wasn't in a way that made you ask "When is this going to end?". I'm excited for the third but am going to give myself a break to avoid burning myself out on the series. Expand
  26. Oct 14, 2012
    Maybe the best action adventure game i've ever played. Great storyline, great adventure, great experience. The Multiplayer is a lot of fun too. A true classic! By the way i'm already on the 3rd playtrhough...
  27. Jan 27, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is certainly one of the best games available on the ps3. The whole Uncharted series is great and technically you would probably have to say that Uncharted 2 is the best one so far. That said I give it the same rating as Uncharted Drake's Fortune (i.e. the first Uncharted game). I have yet to finish the 3rd one in the series although I have recently purchased it.

Uncharted 2
    is a great game right from the start. In terms of how it plays, it is more of the same - third person shooting system, same cover system, some light puzzles and plenty of exploration and climbing. Again the scenery and graphics are amazing, although less green surroundings (as in Uncharted 1) and more variety such as in towns, in snow and the like. Again the scenery and graphics really add to the experience. The usual characters are back and some new characters introduced. All of the characters are great and it is once again a well driven story game. U2 did introduce a multiplayer element which initially worried me. However it does not detract from the single player game at all. I have not played the multiplayer much but it certainly is decent. I buy U2 to play the single player more than anything and it was very enjoyable. I would say some very memorable moments, like on the moving train. It is like a blockbuster movie in places. Seemed to be quite a bit longer than the first Uncharted with more Chapters, certainly took me longer to complete.

Again not many negatives or things that could be seen as negative about this game. It follows a set path as a story driven game and is not "open world" - however this is more about the genre and not a negative for the game itself.

U2 implemented more stealth elements, certain parts of the game can be played through without being seen. Personally I like stealth games so I enjoyed this addition. Everything is bigger and more dramatic than the first Uncharted. However while some people put U2 as the best in the series, I find it difficult to choose between the first 2 so far. Both great games and I am sure the 3rd is great too (yet to complete it/review it).

Lets hope this series continues on the ps4. It has been one of the reasons to get a ps3 for me. Well worth playing.

Overall 8.9/10 (rounded to 9/10)
  28. Nov 5, 2012
    The best game of this generation. I think its sufficient argument to gave 10 to this masterpiece. Graphics are outstandings, excelent history, good multiplayer, sounds and gameplay are good.
  29. Jan 2, 2013
    Overall, i think the game is pretty excited and love the storyline. Some humor in the game, little things that i enjoy. However, i took away a few scores is because the game is very simmilar to the first 1 and is ethier find another way around or sh*t lodes of people to shoot. And some of the things doesnt make sense, punching actually will do more damage then a AK47 or a shotgun? Ya...think about that. Jumping off a place where its only 10 feet tall and u die, doesnt make sense!! (other mission u jump like 20 feet :O)Also, it always give me hints when i dont need them(i know u can turn it off though :P) when i need them, they dont give me. So i think it will be better if u want some hints, press a button then its there, will be the best option. (too complicate to understand?) Expand
  30. Nov 13, 2012
    Easily one of the best games of this generation as said by many others here, The graphics are still some of the best the PS3 has to offer 3 years after it's release, only being beaten by probably Uncharted 3 and God of War 3 in the graphics, But the characters, story and gameplay are all fantastic, the multiplayer is good, although I'd assume more probably play Uncharted 3 now online, but nonetheless this is a game you should not miss, you should not miss this entire trilogy. Expand
  31. Nov 21, 2012
    Great game, different levels make it stay interesting and amazing graphics.. One of the best PS3 games ive played. Havent got many negatives to say if any, if youve just bought a ps3 this is a must have game, enjoy
  32. Dec 6, 2012
    If you want realistic movements on your games you are definitely going to see repeated movements on the different games, you can't compare Gears Of War with Uncharted 2, come on!, Tomb Raider, really?, bad controls? they're one of the easiest controls out there! I mean if you don't like adventure games it's O.k. go back to Street Fighter but don't hate a game that its developers really spend time on polishing details as they did in this game (that's why it seems like a beautiful cinematic), if you don't want to spend 12 hours on this game instead you want weeks or months for "someone" or "something" to give you credit for your "efforts" play Zelda perhaps or make exercise. If you like cellphone games such as LIMBO it's ok too (I also like LIMBO) but don't compare it's not the same thing, personally I wasn't feeling smart while solving the puzzles just wanted to discover what was next, please don't talk about cliche on video games, like 99.9% of them are based on characters and scenarios that are not from the video game world, and by God how can you compare Uncahrted 2 with a game of Chess are you INSANE!! I understand that you want to express your fillings but this is a critic site not a Psychologist. I don't think that it deserves a 10 either only for the fact that I also think that it's missing some game play. But I can assure anyone that is looking for a good adventure game and it's not jealous of others success, that this is one of the best adventure games EVER. Expand
  33. Nov 28, 2012
    Uncharted 2 is the best part of this wonderful series. Awesome Gameplay and fantastic Graphics. I have played it until i reached the Platinum Trophy. I didn't liked the Multiplayer, but the Singleplayer couldn't be better.
  34. Jul 12, 2013
    This is one of the best and my favorite ps3 exclusives, not only from ps3 but one of the best playstation exclusives. I love everything, the story, the dialog and the jokes the characters make, the gameplay and the bonus. For 2009 this game has much more quality than other games that came this year. Sure it isn't perfect, during the game i noticed that when i tried to pick a weapon that was above another weapon it was hard and confusing and the video quality was a little strange but with the big load of bonus stuff it's impossible to deny that this is one of the best adventure/ shooter of this generation and i didn't expected less from Naughty Dog and Sony. Expand
  35. Dec 4, 2012
    Best action video game I have ever played! It had a great storyline, great action, great variety, great puzzles, etc. Everything was fantastic; best of the 3 Uncharted games!
  36. Dec 7, 2012
    With this, Naughty Dog really stepped it up from the first of the series, Drake's Fortune. Amazing visuals, great voice acting, great story, and of course excellent characters. The game definitely feels bigger and better than the previous one. A note on the stunning visuals of the game: I was playing this and my mother walked into the living room and asked me what movie I was watching. The voice acting, as per usual, is superb. The character really come alive, and the dialogue is excellent. I want more games like this! The amount of one-liners here and there and dialogue as you're walking around and playing instead of in cut-scenes is fantastically done. There is, again, a nice blend of fighting, parkour-esque moving around, and puzzles. There are a lot of different twists and turns to this game too, and the amount of scenes that really make you feel like you were controlling an on-going action movie is pretty freaking awesome!!! Ten thumbs up and I'd give this a 100 out of 10 if I could. Loved every second of it. Expand
  37. Dec 22, 2012
    If you loved the first game, well be ready to get blown away because Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is an amazing game. The areas in this game are flat out awesome and the crisp cut scenes are jaw dropping. The first game felt a bit predictable but the second game deals you with twists that you would of never seen coming. Shooting bad guys is still awesome but the puzzles are still tedious and mediocre. But the puzzles don't ruin the game as some are pretty fun to figure out. Uncharted 2 is amazing 9/10 Expand
  38. Jan 7, 2013
    This Uncharted is the best of them all! Usually most of the time you get to have good games by SCEA but they took it to a whole new level. The Playstation VITA was terrible with Fight for Fortune but Among thieves has a better and more understandable story line and a excellent HD quality graphics and preface screen action turns into the "Uncharted" sucess story.
  39. Dec 5, 2013
    awesome really awesome very good gameplay and a good story as well
    character development is awesome as well really no bad things at all in this game it's one of the best ps3 game's so far and i would certainly advise it
    +:aweosme gamepaly
    +:nice story
    +:cool weapons
    +:awesome landscape
    +:character development is good as well
    -:load times
  40. May 2, 2014
    Save yourself some cash and watch an Indiana Jones movie while holding a controller. Any one of them will do, even that turd with Shia LeBeouf. You will get better story, characters and gameplay. Plus you'll save yourself about 10 hours you can sink into something more fun, like staring at a wall. If it's on VHS Uncharted may have it in the graphics department, but that is about it.
  41. Dec 29, 2012
    In case you didn't know, Uncharted 2 was "The Game" of 2009. Winning 32 GOTY Awards, Uncharted 2 was universally acclaimed as one of the best games in PS3. Why not play it? Uncharted 2 takes off right after Uncharted 1, where our Hero, Nathan Drake, teams up with some buddies to discover the treasure Marco Polo and his fleet were after. Well, that is just the beginning, really. I'm not going to tell more because Uncharted 2 is full of twists and surprises. The characters are all charismatic (Except for the Bad Guy, he isn't too "nice") and Nathan's journey is full of dangers, puzzles and shooting, LOTS OF SHOOTING. That gets us to the gameplay: Jump, punch and shoot. We will climb around majestic temples, kill some bad guys silently by our stealth ability, and of course shooting. And that's where the game sort of misses its pace. In the original Uncharted, we've sweared a lot as we were that fat boy in South Park, because we died a lot trying to kill wave after wave of enemies that came in the same room, leaving little progress. Uncharted 2 does the same. Although you can try to avoid the shooting by attacking silently, sooner or later someone will see you and another 1000 guys will come and start shooting. Another thing that this game has and it shouldn't is its extreme dificulty. I played it on medium and got stucked for so long I HAD to change it to easy, that is the true Medium pace of the game. It is a really hard game, and the boss battles are nerve-wracking (My inner "Fat Boy from South Park" bursted again), but the game still takes advantage of that. It's tense, exciting....It's like taking a Summer Mega-budget Blockbuster Movie and take it to the screen. The graphics are from other world. You will be astonished by how beautiful the game looks, both in the short movies and in the actual gameplay, and it goes really well with the story. And when the game actually ends (And this game it's a truly cheater, you think it has ended, BUT NO, there are a lot of adventures to come) you will feel a relaxing sensation all over your body, your nerves will return to its normal position and you will understand how awesome this, let's say 10-15 hours game it is. But that's no the end! Naughty Dog has added a Multiplayer complement, and it's phenomenal. Customized matches and the typical ones like Team Deathmach and Capture the flag, but with the beautiful maps and scenery of Uncharted, and the Third Person Perspective. Trust me, you're gonna have lots of fun. The weapons are really good, the perks, the maps are so well designed it's always pleasant to put PlayStation Network into action with this type of Online Multiplayer. So, let's give this game a 9. It definately is one of the best game on PS3, and one of the games that contain most epicness. Expand
  42. Dec 13, 2013
    I feel as though I've missed something. While the production values of the game were certainly stunning, the gameplay and narrative seemed very stale and uninspiring. Both the platforming and the shooting mechanics felt clunky and stiff. Also, having played open world climbing platformers like Assassin's Creed it was a real bummer to see how linear the game's environments were. The developers built only a single path through every level making for a very predictable and frankly boring experience. Honestly, I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Also, it has one of the most disappointing and horribly annoying boss fights in video game history. This game has made me very hesitant to play The Last of Us. Expand
  43. Jan 21, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece, and probably one of the finest games to come out in the past 10 years. It's an experience you don't want to miss. Bravo.
  44. Jan 30, 2013
    Graphics are okay, the story seems witty...the positive stop there. I bought a ps3 on my day off work as i have played near enough all the titles that i want to play on my xbox 360 (can't wait a week for Dead Space 3) and this was the title everybody knows for being a ps3 exclusive that is meant to intise people to buying the console (which i did) and can i say what an appauling over rated game. Someone has paid off reviewers and why not? sales of the ps3 will the rise. The gameplay in this game was attroutious, from the button mashing melee to the assasins creed, prince of persia like platforming and the third person shooting.....dont get me started. I couldnt hit a thing the game just didnt not flow. Nothing makes me want to put this game back in that ps3, i cannot believe how this game is the appitamy of PS3. Shame, both the PS3 and Uncharted are now on ebay. Ill stick with Halo, Alan wake and gears of war 3 as my xbox 360 exclusives thank you very much, Expand
  45. Oct 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 2 delivers a cinematic gaming experience. A typical story paired with great gameplay and characters makes one great game. I just wish they didn't go with the mystical direction like the first one did. Still, it's a great game and I'd say it earned its spot nicely as GOTY in the year it was released. Expand
  46. Feb 8, 2013
    If you play this game, it's like watching a movie! I never felt like that about any game before in my life. I played this on the PS3 and loved this epic campaign(and good voice acting,too).
  47. Feb 12, 2013
    To me this game was the franchise's chance to wow me into buying it all for myself, and I gotta say I sure have been cherishing my unspent money ever since. That Drake character is such a safe whitebread cutout he could be in a Disney movie. The main villain himself was a cartoon, constantly sputtering something about the greatness of Hitler and Genghis Khan, names which, in Canada anyway, mean absolutely nothing. The story was only there to lead you from Pretty Colours A to Pretty Colours B, and those Colours go bland after even half an hour, if you're masochistic enough to go through that horribly broken stealth section. In short, I don't recommend it to anyone in particular, not to cinephiles and certainly not to gamers.
    A.B.
  48. Jun 15, 2013
    To simply put, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the best game ever made. I love both Drake's Fortune and Drake's Deception, but in my opinion this one is the best out of the three amazing Naughty Dog games, starring Nathan Drake, the greatest video game hero ever created in my opinion. The story is outsanding, the characters are excellent, the gameplay is smooth and fun (whether it's shooting, fighting, platforming or stealth) plus the graphics are just stunning! I love everything about this masterpiece. Expand
  49. Mar 6, 2013
    What can i say,i bought my ps3 mainly for this game and i consider myself a pc gamer.Definitely one of the best games of the decade.Beautiful,just beautiful.
  50. Mar 17, 2013
    I've actually just started playing the uncharted games starting with the third one. While playing the third game I remember saying to myself how there is NO way uncharted 2 could top this. Boy was I wrong. More exciting, more action packed, better shootouts and a much better story. Uncharted 2 is flawless.
  51. Jun 15, 2013
    the first uncharted game was great but Naughty dog made the next part of the series one of the greatest experiences you'll ever have in your life the great gameplay or the amazing plot or the amazing graphics this is simply a game to buy a ps3 for
  52. Mar 22, 2013
    Best PS3 game to date, and will probably remain my personal favourite game of this generation. The graphics are amazing, game play is smooth, story is brilliant, and the writing reminds me of the funny lines in Naughty Dog's classic Jak and Daxter. This game is the pinnacle of cinematic experiences. Must buy for all PS3 owners.
  53. Jun 7, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an absolutely amazing game! The story, the graphics and even the multiplayer are all excellent! This is definitely one that if you don't own a PS3 is worth buying one for!
  54. Apr 2, 2013
    This is as about as good as games get. Uncharted 2 is no doubt the best shooter I've ever played. The single player is absolutely amazing with a top-of-the line set of characters you would really care about (or hate), a few of them returning from the previous game Uncharted Drakes fortune. The story is followable and interesting with some incredibly varied environments and some epic set pieces The AI is incredibly challenging, especially on the higher difficulties where they try to flush you out, surround you and ambush you. The enemies are varied with a different tactic needed for a couple of them. The bosses are also epic. There is also treasures to find in hidden areas. The graphics are amazing, squeezing every last drop out of the ps3. The textures are extremely detailed with each are of the game looking like a masterpiece. This game has the finest cutscenes around, somehow a step up from the amazing looking cutscenes in the first game. The facial animationsare top notch, along with the movement being silky smooth and the cinematography being as if it was directed by jesus himself. This further reels you into the story. Overall this is one of the best singleplayer experiences I've had.

However, though if you grow tired of the singleplayer you can always try out multiplayer (although if really want a Uncharted multiplayer experience I'd really recommend that you play uncharted 3 multiplayer, which is now free to play) The multiplayer is pretty fun, with the power weapon strewn all over the map being the key to success. There are multiple modes including TDM domination etc. The co-op mode is very challenging and fun with friends with varied maps with some cool set pieces although not quite as epic as the singleplayer.

Overall though you should come for the singleplayer, as it is the best in the series. Bottom line, if you own a ps3, get this game. You won't regret it.
  55. Apr 6, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A game worth buying! Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is great and for PS3 only. The game came with my PS3 when I bought one and I gave it a Try. The game is not open world but has many puzzles that aren't too hard but some of them are. The reason i gave it a 9 was because of the Final Boss Fight *SPOILER* It was not a very good boos fight. It made just no sense. This is the best Uncharted in the series and Uncharted 1 is probably the worst in my opinion. 9 out of 10 stars means that you should buy this game if you have a Playstation 3 and that is the end of my review.
    ~TheMajorCritic
  56. Apr 10, 2013
    This game is one of the best games of all time. I put it in and played it through in one sitting because I just could not put the controller down. Amazing visuals, great pacing, quality writing by Amy Hennig one of the most creative ladies in the game creation world. Awesome experience that everyone should have.
  57. Apr 16, 2013
    If this isn't one of the best console games ever, I don't know what is. Literally from the moment you start, you're in the thick of intense action and gameplay and a very well crafted storyline. The game is extremely well paced, and it doesn't take too long to pick up new weapons and abilities and get the hang of it, even if you're new to RPG/shooter games. The story surrounding Nathan Drake in search of the "goods" (I want ruin the story here) is enthralling and the cut scenes blend in perfectly....no other game truly makes you feel like you're in a movie like Uncharted 2. Play this....you will not regret it. Expand
  58. Apr 30, 2013
    This game came out in 2009, obviously it's not up to par on the graphics with the current games in 2013 (although arguably it still looks better than most games today). It's a huge leap from Drake's Fortune which was a good game, but felt a little clunky especially while changing shoulders. The multiplayer was phenomenal before the 1.05 update. This game still brings in about 10K daily despite Uncharted 3 which was a colossal failure. My friends list is 90% Uncharted 2 players so maybe I am a bit biased but this is definitely a system seller and one of the finest games this gen. Expand
  59. May 1, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games with great graphics, a story with meaningful characters and epic action set pieces. The game play, story and action come together beautifully for a game that's engaging and just has that spark that motivates you to jump right back in and play it again. Uncharted 2 has its flaws but it has made great improvements over the original. I don't play much multiplayer but it is pretty good and worth some time. Overall one of the best games you can get Expand
  60. May 12, 2013
    While Uncharted:Drakes Fortune was a great game, Uncharted 2:Among Thieves is one of those games that gives people a reason to buy a PS3. It's Story was perfect, that graphic mind blowing, and astounding gameplay make this game something you will remember for a long time after you finish it.
    The transition between a cutscene, and gameplay is flawless that you can't tell the difference.
    There are moments where you can play while you're in a cutscene. The characters are unique and original. You probably googled marco polo while playing this game didn't you.
    The story takes so many twists and turns you will always be interested and never gets boring, it will always have you at the edge of you're seat the whole time.
    The multiplayer is fun,and enjoyable but it is never really engaging. It seems like a add on that was just tacked on at the last moment for the sake of just having a multiplayer. It does seem to have a strong audience, because every time i tried getting on there was never a shortage of people to play with.I will say it was fun for what it was, and had me playing for a hour or two.There is also a co-op that you can play with you're friends. It offers a different take on the story, and i had more fun with that than with the multiplayer. A type of defense mode is also added which throws wave after wave of enemies at you, and you have to try and survive as long as you can. The maps in this mode a huge, and fore you to constantly be on the move or else some bady with a shotgun will creep up behind and take you out.
  61. Jun 12, 2013
    Naughty Dog definitely can impress us gamer's 'cause this game is amazing! An entire game that acts and plays out like an actual movie is awesome! Wonder what else they got in stored for us in the future!
  62. Dec 12, 2013
    Perhaps if I had played it back in 2009 I would have given it a better score, but it's 2013 and after playing Tomb Raider on PC with 3D Vision and Full HD, Uncharted 2 on PS3 seems just mediocre. I loved various scenery, the plot was ok, but repeatable tasks like giving someone a boost or climbing, which is not half as enjoyable as in Assassin's Creed series, make this game a bore. I would have enjoyed it more if it had been shorter and published on PC with mouse support.
    All in all, I regret buying it and I will definitely skip the next part.
  63. Jun 3, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is much improved than its predecessor. It is a hard game to put down, the story is captivating and the characters are once again superbly written. The musical score sets the mood of the game. It is easy to see that a lot of time was spent by Naughty Dog to give the game a "movie" feel; the level of detail is truly unrivaled. The game features multiplayer for the first time in the series which is enjoyable if you can get passed the horrible searching functions and the inability for new players to join a match after it has started. There are some very tedious trophies to earn multiplayer. For those completionists, be warned you may be in for a frustrating challenge. Expand
  64. Jun 4, 2013
    Este jogo totalmente incrível!! Gráficos, história, cenas cortadas e jogo estão fora dos roqueiros Eu não podia esperar mais para a terceira edição da série de Drake lendária. Sério, comprar ps3 apenas para jogar este jogo alucinante
  65. Jun 19, 2013
    Amazing. By far the best in the series. It improves over the 1st one ten fold. This truly shows the world what Naughty Dog can do. The story is amazing, one of the best I've experienced so far, I haven't finished the last of us yet. Now all they need to do is make Jak 4. But this will defiantly be one of my favorite games.
  66. Jun 8, 2013
    The most memorable experience I've had this console generation. Definitely of the greatest gaming trilogies of all time, I hope Naughty Dog continue their brilliant work on to the PS4.
  67. Jun 8, 2013
    This is my punctuation of the game
    10 graphics
    9 playability
    10 music
    9 multiplayer
    although the puzzles are somewhat easier,everything is very good!!
  68. Jun 17, 2013
    Epic second outing for Nathan Drake, sees this game as one of the best games on Ps3. the action is indescribably one of the best i have ever seen. one minute you're in a wrecked train off the edge of a snowy mountain and then you're evading a tank in a high speed chase. As for the plot, i was completely blown away by the depth of the story. The characters are well built which makes cut scenes run smoothly. It is also good to see New characters being included. this story is worthy of a Hollywood makeover.

As for the multiplier i am not convinced. i enjoyed the new rewind theater; when in a large game in one of the more impressing maps) the game play can be enjoyable too. that as far as it goes though "enjoyable" comparing it to other multiplying games out there would be stupid, even if they are different person shooters (the likes of battlefield and Call of duty are greater) Also i didn't feel i was getting rewarded enough for each game, which can make the whole leveling up system boring.

That all said the single player demolishes the likes of call of duty, or any other third person shooter with in Uncharted 's range. Uncharted is essential for any Ps3 gamer.
  69. Jun 22, 2013
    All the elements of a great single player experience are found in Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog mixes great action set pieces, graphics and gameplay with a superb story. There's standard 3rd person shooting, platforming, cover and stealth based mechanics with exploration and puzzles to solve. The story and action add to the replayability (multiple play-throughs a must) and the multiplayer is just the icing on the cake. Expand
  70. Jun 23, 2013
    UNCHARTED 2 was the most amazing game experience i have ever had. Thank u very much NAUGHTY DOG for this "FOREVER GIFT" to gamers. I am so excited to see your further great works.
  71. Nov 17, 2013
    Fantastic story, soundtrack, characters, combat, jumping. Better than the first one. Actually it seems like this game is the same as the first one. But better in every way. So the only one thing that why this is a 9 instead of a ten because it didn't show anything new. Just perfected the good old mechanisms and storyline. One word: EPIC!
  72. Jun 24, 2013
    There's no game that is a perfect 10/10, but damn does Uncharted 2 come close. I was slowly fading away from gaming as I began focusing more time on studies in college, but I bought this game after testing the multiplayer beta and I just fell in love. It is the best game I have ever played. Not perfect, but I was just in awe the whole time. Voice acting is top notch, and will make you connect with the characters right away. The chemistry with all the voice actors is just not seen in todays gaming. It borders that of film. Graphics will shock you at how beautifully realistic they are while still maintaining their vibrant gaming look. Gameplay is solid as well. Nothing ground breaking, but they took everything and did it with near perfection. The story will keep you intrigued until the end. It stands up with the best action movies you can find while taking the serious nature of it and lightening the mood with well placed humor. Overall, the best game I've ever played, and will be for awhile to come. Expand
  73. Jun 29, 2013
    Uncharted... why why why. I played the first uncharted game for awhile and was on my list of games to buy when I finally decided to pick up a PS3 and it was horrible. It suffers from trying to mix a Tomb Raider genre and a 3rd Person shooter into one and just ends up being a hard to control, no fun game. I forced myself to play the original for a couple of hours before I had to give up.

Yet with all the reviews going on for uncharted I decided to give the second a shot and it was the same thing in a different world. Dare I say that the combat ruins the game making it unplayable. Sure you could argue that I'm just a bad player but here is the deal, its not fun.

While the adventure part in its own right ranks much higher please stop trying to force me into firefights where I sit at one bunker and pop out of cover to shoot. This is enjoyable in Gears of War but this game just doesn't do it well.
  74. Jul 3, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from the blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  75. Jul 5, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from a blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  76. Jul 12, 2013
    This was one of the first game I played with my Ps3...and what a surprise! I wasn't a real fan of adventure's game before I tried this one.
    This game is like a movie, I just couldn't stop playing after I started! Lot of action, lot of different environment, good story,...this kind of game you really enjoy and you are sad when you finish it.
  77. Jul 24, 2013
    2 years have passed since i finished this game for the first time, and still is the best PS3 game I've ever played. A story full of action, adventures and fun. 10 out of 10. Forever.
  78. Aug 16, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of Uncharted and as such I had to buy this game. Even better than the first one, and something that I have, and will be, returning to several times. A great game and great story. However, it is a bit like the first one, which is good as well as bad. Anyway, great game and a real classic!!!
  79. Nov 24, 2013
    Great looking game, AWESOME story-telling and great gameplay. Definitely one of the best adventure games ever made, buy uncharted 2, it IS going to be a well spent money.
  80. Aug 22, 2013
    After First Uncharted everybody thinks it can't be better game, but they were wrong. Uncharted 2 is the best game ever next to The Last Of Us. I love this game.
  81. Aug 23, 2013
    This game is for me the best. Is long, the scenarios are fantastics and the game is not do hard, but is amazing. Naughty Dog outdid with this game. This game is much better than the third
  82. Sep 6, 2013
    I freaking love this game so much! My favorite game I ever played so far this year! Everything about this game has great game-play action, simple story, good set-ups, and some crisp and clean graphics that were handled extremely well.
  83. Sep 16, 2013
    Another great classic game from the Uncharted Series. This was my favourite from the 3 and certainly one of the all-time best playstation games. Nothing less than a 10 for this marvellous experience I had playing the single-player
  84. Sep 25, 2013
    This game fixed the problems with the first one. the mechanics and puzzles are better, there's a wider variety of guns and the overall experience is more complete. Also, the difficulty has been taken down a little bit (comparing the hardest difficulty settings from both games). The multiplayer works really nice and is actually a lot of fun. the only criticizable thing about this game is the story. it makes sense and its well presented, but it is shallow like any action film. Expand
  85. Sep 28, 2013
    "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" cruzó los límites, ¡Qué manera de mejorar un juego de esa forma, todo lo que tiene la primera entrega triplicado en la secuela sin perder el tono cinematográfico de Naughty Dog! Sin duda alguna, tuve suerte de comprar la PlayStation 3 y convertir este juego en el primer título que compré para la consola. Un juego bellísimo y excepcional, espectacular desde la "e" hasta la "r". Un magnífico título que tiene bien merecido el Premio VGA a la categoría de Mejor Juego del año 2009. "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" es pura pasión, acción, emoción y aventura para el espectador general. Expand
  86. Oct 5, 2013
    This game is one of the best games ive ever played its a masterpiece from start to finish and i advise everyone to get this game the graphics are incredible and and stylish the gameplay is perfect and the story keeps you coming back for more even if you finished it before the game lasts 10-15 hours depending on how you play which is always a good reason to come back and try it so the bottom line is this is one of the best (if not the best ps3 titles to date and and is still the benchmark for action/adventure tiles. Expand
  87. Oct 10, 2013
    Even after playing Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us, Uncharted 2 is stil the best game by Naughtydog and it is still my favorite game. Tons of gameplay, massive amount of gun fights, fun platforming, funny characters, interesting story, a clever script, flawless voice acting, fun multiplayer, excellent soundtrack and amazing graphics. This game has it all for me, and it feels like a movie without being weighed down with constant use of interactive cutscenes like Heavy Rain. Expand
  88. Oct 10, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is without a doubt the best game that I have played on the PS3. The single player campaign is absolutely brilliant from start to finish and immediately grabs you from its brilliant opening sequence to the end credits. The game feels very much like a great adventure movie with likeable characters who try to survive various hectic situations in beautiful parts of the world. Everything about this game screams quality. Gorgeous graphics, convincing voiceover, and great, although not revolutionary, gameplay. Uncharted 2 will stun you and make you want to play it non-stop until the credits roll. For me this second part was even more memorable than its predecessor, which is also a brilliant game. This game alone is worth buying a PS3! Expand
  89. Oct 11, 2013
    This is not only the ultimate PS3 game. Not only the ultimate game of 2009. Not only an ultimate turning point for the PS3. This is also ONE of the ULTIMATE games of all time. Uncharted 2 pushes the boundaries to do what no one expected to do. That is being the ultimate blockbuster that any gamer would want to experience. From being in some of the craziest action sequences any one couldn't expected (For example: One scene involves a huge fight in a train, meanwhile another involves running through a mass destruction of buildings, while being chased by a chopper.) to shocking plot twists/turns and watching many of the best cutscenes anyone could imagine watching, Uncharted 2 has it all. Nate's insane journey throughout Asia for the search of Marco Polo's lost fleet is one of the most bizarre experiences I've ever played in gaming and it doesn't even falter out. Thanks to Uncharted 2 (also thanks to the multiplayer elements, as well), I can't even stop getting my hands off the smooth Dualshock, and can't stop wishing to buy more games to play on the PS3. By the time the 7th generation of gaming ends, you will hear multiple critics talking about Uncharted 2 in their "best-games-of-generation" lists, because of the huge impact it had on gaming and to those who played it. Before the 8th generation comes, I would do a second run of Uncharted 2's single-player mode, because the main formula has been brilliantly executed and it couldn't get any better. Naughty Dog, the game is the main reason why you are one of the most talented gaming storytellers anyone has ever encountered.

WARNING: Do not listen to those who give Uncharted 2 bad reviews. Them are under the control of Microsoft's Xbox 360, and do not understand that the PS3 has some of the greatest line-ups in the history of gaming.
  90. Nov 21, 2013
    Uncharted 2 for me this is the best Uncharted ever made and it is an good revolution i simply love this game.The best exclusive for ps3,perhaps an remarkable game in this generation.
  91. Dec 4, 2013
    My favorite game of all time. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is not only the GOTY but is a reminder of what Action Adventure games should be.
    Uncharted 2 has a superb story and it never leaves you astray to what the goals really are. All of the main characters are returning from the previous game and a quite a few new characters and of course a new antagonist. The game uses new and better
    reasons for the previous characters for returning in this game, and you never really get too little of any of them. Nor do they ever get annoying.
    Gameplay is more snappy and less limited to Uncharted Drakes fortune where you couldn't do much except run, jump and shoot. But they added more guns and better cover mechanics with a constant framerate. they have also added a minor stealth mechanic that lets you go through enemies stealthily. The action never lets up for too long in this game and it keeps you at the edge of your seat from beginning to end.
    Graphics are some of the best consoles have to offer. With explosions and train wrecks keeping a constant framerate. Facial animations are the best I have ever seen. Also new environments such as a Jungle, a war riddled city in Nepal, and snowy mountains. The graphics keep these environments feeling alive.
    I didn't really go too deep in to the game on this review, if i did i would exceed the 5000 character limit. I didn't even mention anything about the addictive multiplayer or the snow effects and touching moments this game has to offer. Just know that this game literally CANNOT get ANY better.
    BUY THIS GAME AND PLAY IT 7 TIMES!!!
  92. Nov 10, 2013
    this is probably the best game of the series perfect game play perfect story perfect everything best series ever made the on play station i will buy the ps4 just in hope that they make a fourth one
  93. Nov 19, 2013
    Un juegazo, uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3, solo superado por su tercera entrega, la que forma la trilogía, la verdad, es un juegazo, tanto en la trama como en la jugabilidad, diversión, enganche, gráficos, sonido, innovación, le gana en todo a la primera entrega aplastando muchos juegos de este mismo genero, no conozco aun un juego de semejantes características y de inigualable nivel (excepto el 3) Expand
  94. Nov 22, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the best game i ever played this gen. it took a massive jump from its precedors in terms of graphics, game play and story. was completely moved after completing it. this game represented PS3 power. deserves 10/10 truly a masterpiece. the best in uncharted series and has great relayable value and multiplayer rocks!!! eagerly waiting for the latest installment in uncharted series "Uncharted 4" Expand
  95. Dec 2, 2013
    Naughty Dog is my favourite as well as Uncharted 2. This game is just perfect to me. I got to say something to someone who doesn't know if buy this or Uncharted 3: Buy this one, because i think you will like better the FIRST of these two you play. I mean, if you play Uncharted 2 and then Uncharted 3, you will prefer U2.
    This is the best game of this gen, along side with The Last Of Us and GTA V.
  96. Dec 8, 2013
    this is the best game in my opinion everything in this game is perfect the story, the gun fights, the adventure, the graphics, the cut scenes feel like a movie and on crushing the game can be very challenging too
  97. Jan 3, 2014
    Tis is the best possible PS3 exclusive that you can possibly get your hands on. The campaign excels better than the first a more creative plot and many twists. The graphics would no doubt be the best graphics of any game on any system in 2009. Naughty Dog is best at using those-sharp edge graphics. From jungle to snow mountain, scenery is beautiful and the story is compelling. The multiplayer offered a wide range of games and offers a different type of play. There are also Co-op 3 person survival that tags along with different game modes. Uncharted 2 is a grand success for Naughty Dog, and is a genuine outstanding game. U2 is currently the ninth best-ranked game of all time on game-rankings (I'm pretty sure) and for me is no doubt one of the top 5 best games this generation. This game has been called a "masterpiece" because it is and will no doubly be called that for generations to come. Expand
  98. Jan 9, 2014
    Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado excelente historia buenas gráficas su jugabilidad es excelente lo único malo es tener que gastar muchas balas para matar a alguien pero este juego es mejor que el anterior

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.