• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Jul 6, 2012
    Just fantastic. Its so fresh, and its a tale thats just awesome with brilliant writing and stellar gameplay. Everything about it is a step up from the previous game, and its just awesome. If you dont have a PS3, buy it for this game if any.
  2. Jul 13, 2012
    I didn't know anything about the game before I played it - which just goes to show how surprised I was when I realized I couldn't put down the controller. Not only is this game beautiful graphically, but it also includes many challenges and is great in terms of educational values. A masterpiece.
  3. Jul 31, 2012
    This is the best uncharted game so far. Long, visually stunning, deep and explosive, Uncharted 2 combines all the qualities you can find in a videogame, and more! No video game has ever done a better job of capturing the style and rhythm of the movies.
  4. Jul 21, 2012
    Didn't think I would enjoy the game but it was fantastic. One of the best single-player modes I have ever played. I wouldn't even hesitate to say that it is better than any sports game I play and I am a sports fanatic. Fantastic stuff.
  5. Jul 29, 2012
    By far the best PS3 game yet to date in this generation and Naughty dog's best game they made during their development time.

Story- Nathan Drake returns this time dealing with Marco Polo's journey on what happened during Marco Polo's expedition, eventually it leads to Nathan drake finding an artifact that leads to places he never seen before in his life. Along side Drake is Elena and sullivan returning though sully doesn't appear as much as he used to in the 1st game and Chloe Fraizer gets introduced as a protagonist with drake to help him get to the treasure first before the antagonist finds him.

Graphics- OMG i would never believed that Naughty Dog is this good in detailing this awesome game by making it look like its a movie compared to a game but its outstanding in being well toned for its texture and designing on the levels so IT gets me 5 thumbs up or stars.

Gameplay-By far the most exceeding game after the original game and improves easily. By aiming your gun in a direction you want you can tap the grenade button and throw it at a distance. puzzle which appeared in uncharted 1 mostly don't show alot in this game alot but are enjoyable to play.Combat is much easier to pull off and show slow motion which is awesome to see your guy just kill a soldier in style. Stealth is much easier to do unlike uncharted 1 in which all you do is snap a guys neck which isn't much but uncharted 2 depending on where you are can be described awesome stealth kills and be easy on pulling off.

Multiplayer- This is the first that naughty dog has managed to pull an online sever for their shooting games since Jak X combat racing which was considered a racing game similar to twisted metal, they only pull off basic multiplayer modes to make the players feel enjoyed with no customizations to guns similar to the COD series but boosters is what help players feel enjoyed to no end. Basic Team deathmatch, plunder, elmination, KOTH, turf war, chain reaction feels superior but the problem with the online is if somebody were to drop it due to connection issues or B.S. online can make the game not feel playable at all. Another problem was the patch after 1.04 naughty dog released that has changed the game completely now its basically respawns being stupid and a booster called "Situational Awareness" because everyones so scared of being shot at as soon as they respawn and troll the opposing team on where they were going to spawn next after they died which basically the game was not good as it used to be.

Co-op- In adventure of it theres couple of stages you do to complete serveral objective they have to do. Arena has number of rounds you do but only in 1 objective you have to play compared to uncharted 3 with different variety. But another problem is if people drop from connection issues or other stuff it immediatley end the game completely and you get thrown back into the main menu of the online.

Overall- In my opinion and still to this day that Uncharted 2 was the top overrated dog of this generation and always will be for having at least an epic story like movie and traditional multiplayer that rocks and though it may have problems still i'll considered it giving uncharted 2 a perfect 10 for a masterpiece of a game that will live up to its name. Haters can hate but Uncharted 2 still one of the kings of PS3.
  6. Aug 6, 2012
    This game is really awesome. The graphics are really beautiful. The characters and the story are really very good. The game really pass that adventure feeling. Who said that this game is bad is because don't even played, or are just fanboys trying to express his sadness cause can't play the game.
  7. Aug 7, 2012
    This is easily the crown jewel of the Uncharted series. The story itself is fantastic, there is a very good variety of different places you find yourself at, and everything just seems to flow together very well. The controls are very easy to use and much improved over the first installment of the game. There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this game, and I consider it to beThis is easily the crown jewel of the Uncharted series. The story itself is fantastic, there is a very good variety of different places you find yourself at, and everything just seems to flow together very well. The controls are very easy to use and much improved over the first installment of the game. There is not a single thing that I didn't love about this game, and I consider it to be one of the best video games that I've ever played in 25+ years of actually playing video games. Expand
  8. Oct 20, 2012
    Uncharted 2 Among Thieves makes me proud to own a Playstation 3. The graphics are some of the best I've seen in my life and the story and gameplay are extremely cinematic and unforgettable. Another thing that impresses me about Uncharted is how likable the characters are. The voice acting is also some of the best I've ever seen, and you rarely get that in video games at all, if you have aUncharted 2 Among Thieves makes me proud to own a Playstation 3. The graphics are some of the best I've seen in my life and the story and gameplay are extremely cinematic and unforgettable. Another thing that impresses me about Uncharted is how likable the characters are. The voice acting is also some of the best I've ever seen, and you rarely get that in video games at all, if you have a PS3 you have no excuse to not have this. This is an easy 10/10. Expand
  9. May 2, 2014
    Save yourself some cash and watch an Indiana Jones movie while holding a controller. Any one of them will do, even that turd with Shia LeBeouf. You will get better story, characters and gameplay. Plus you'll save yourself about 10 hours you can sink into something more fun, like staring at a wall. If it's on VHS Uncharted may have it in the graphics department, but that is about it.
  10. Jan 30, 2013
    Graphics are okay, the story seems witty...the positive stop there. I bought a ps3 on my day off work as i have played near enough all the titles that i want to play on my xbox 360 (can't wait a week for Dead Space 3) and this was the title everybody knows for being a ps3 exclusive that is meant to intise people to buying the console (which i did) and can i say what an appauling over ratedGraphics are okay, the story seems witty...the positive stop there. I bought a ps3 on my day off work as i have played near enough all the titles that i want to play on my xbox 360 (can't wait a week for Dead Space 3) and this was the title everybody knows for being a ps3 exclusive that is meant to intise people to buying the console (which i did) and can i say what an appauling over rated game. Someone has paid off reviewers and why not? sales of the ps3 will the rise. The gameplay in this game was attroutious, from the button mashing melee to the assasins creed, prince of persia like platforming and the third person shooting.....dont get me started. I couldnt hit a thing the game just didnt not flow. Nothing makes me want to put this game back in that ps3, i cannot believe how this game is the appitamy of PS3. Shame, both the PS3 and Uncharted are now on ebay. Ill stick with Halo, Alan wake and gears of war 3 as my xbox 360 exclusives thank you very much, Expand
  11. Feb 8, 2013
    If you play this game, it's like watching a movie! I never felt like that about any game before in my life. I played this on the PS3 and loved this epic campaign(and good voice acting,too).
  12. Feb 12, 2013
    To me this game was the franchise's chance to wow me into buying it all for myself, and I gotta say I sure have been cherishing my unspent money ever since. That Drake character is such a safe whitebread cutout he could be in a Disney movie. The main villain himself was a cartoon, constantly sputtering something about the greatness of Hitler and Genghis Khan, names which, in Canada anyway,To me this game was the franchise's chance to wow me into buying it all for myself, and I gotta say I sure have been cherishing my unspent money ever since. That Drake character is such a safe whitebread cutout he could be in a Disney movie. The main villain himself was a cartoon, constantly sputtering something about the greatness of Hitler and Genghis Khan, names which, in Canada anyway, mean absolutely nothing. The story was only there to lead you from Pretty Colours A to Pretty Colours B, and those Colours go bland after even half an hour, if you're masochistic enough to go through that horribly broken stealth section. In short, I don't recommend it to anyone in particular, not to cinephiles and certainly not to gamers.
    A.B.
  13. May 1, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games with great graphics, a story with meaningful characters and epic action set pieces. The game play, story and action come together beautifully for a game that's engaging and just has that spark that motivates you to jump right back in and play it again. Uncharted 2 has its flaws but it has made great improvements over the original. I don't play muchUncharted 2 is one of my favourite games with great graphics, a story with meaningful characters and epic action set pieces. The game play, story and action come together beautifully for a game that's engaging and just has that spark that motivates you to jump right back in and play it again. Uncharted 2 has its flaws but it has made great improvements over the original. I don't play much multiplayer but it is pretty good and worth some time. Overall one of the best games you can get Expand
  14. Jun 4, 2013
    Este jogo totalmente incrível!! Gráficos, história, cenas cortadas e jogo estão fora dos roqueiros Eu não podia esperar mais para a terceira edição da série de Drake lendária. Sério, comprar ps3 apenas para jogar este jogo alucinante
  15. Jun 24, 2013
    There's no game that is a perfect 10/10, but damn does Uncharted 2 come close. I was slowly fading away from gaming as I began focusing more time on studies in college, but I bought this game after testing the multiplayer beta and I just fell in love. It is the best game I have ever played. Not perfect, but I was just in awe the whole time. Voice acting is top notch, and will make youThere's no game that is a perfect 10/10, but damn does Uncharted 2 come close. I was slowly fading away from gaming as I began focusing more time on studies in college, but I bought this game after testing the multiplayer beta and I just fell in love. It is the best game I have ever played. Not perfect, but I was just in awe the whole time. Voice acting is top notch, and will make you connect with the characters right away. The chemistry with all the voice actors is just not seen in todays gaming. It borders that of film. Graphics will shock you at how beautifully realistic they are while still maintaining their vibrant gaming look. Gameplay is solid as well. Nothing ground breaking, but they took everything and did it with near perfection. The story will keep you intrigued until the end. It stands up with the best action movies you can find while taking the serious nature of it and lightening the mood with well placed humor. Overall, the best game I've ever played, and will be for awhile to come. Expand
  16. Jun 29, 2013
    Uncharted... why why why. I played the first uncharted game for awhile and was on my list of games to buy when I finally decided to pick up a PS3 and it was horrible. It suffers from trying to mix a Tomb Raider genre and a 3rd Person shooter into one and just ends up being a hard to control, no fun game. I forced myself to play the original for a couple of hours before I had to give up.Uncharted... why why why. I played the first uncharted game for awhile and was on my list of games to buy when I finally decided to pick up a PS3 and it was horrible. It suffers from trying to mix a Tomb Raider genre and a 3rd Person shooter into one and just ends up being a hard to control, no fun game. I forced myself to play the original for a couple of hours before I had to give up.

Yet with all the reviews going on for uncharted I decided to give the second a shot and it was the same thing in a different world. Dare I say that the combat ruins the game making it unplayable. Sure you could argue that I'm just a bad player but here is the deal, its not fun.

While the adventure part in its own right ranks much higher please stop trying to force me into firefights where I sit at one bunker and pop out of cover to shoot. This is enjoyable in Gears of War but this game just doesn't do it well.
  17. Aug 16, 2013
    I'm a huge fan of Uncharted and as such I had to buy this game. Even better than the first one, and something that I have, and will be, returning to several times. A great game and great story. However, it is a bit like the first one, which is good as well as bad. Anyway, great game and a real classic!!!
  18. Aug 22, 2013
    After First Uncharted everybody thinks it can't be better game, but they were wrong. Uncharted 2 is the best game ever next to The Last Of Us. I love this game.
  19. Dec 8, 2013
    this is the best game in my opinion everything in this game is perfect the story, the gun fights, the adventure, the graphics, the cut scenes feel like a movie and on crushing the game can be very challenging too
  20. Jan 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 2 does a great homage for the most popular action-adventure films out there like the Indiana Jones movies. The cinematics are very well done, with tons of detail on the graphics, great music score (especially the Main Theme) and great characters that made up this game. Unlike The Last of Us, where the pace is extremely slow, this game has a ton of action, involving shooting, fist fights and parkour, all blended in with explosions and funny humor, including some puzzle solving. Unfortunately, there are some things that break immersion: it seems more plot driven than character driven, as I felt that there was almost no moment where I feel a connection with the characters, not even Nathan Drake himself. There are moments in the story that made no sense, and Chloe Frazer, Nathan´s new girlfriend, was highly unlikable, because even though I don´t have problem with people who are just themselves, she has an unstable change of personality: she´s good, she´s bad, she´s good, she´s bad, for no apparent reason! Also, in the gameplay, there´s an excessive amount of enemies, and I find it illogical: it seemed that Lazaravich, the antagonist, who is considered to be a major criminal who kills, mutilates and disrupts innocent people, had the entire Russian Army with him. And while the shooting mechanics gets the job done, the melee combat was highly ineffective, as Nathan is somewhat slow to land a single hit. But the biggest flaw is the fact that Nathan kills a thousand enemies like some sort of killing machine, and that may detract the player from the experience. And where the hell is Victor Sullivan?! I think he was the funniest of all the characters here, with the most awesome voice so far, and he doesn´t appear a lot in the game! For the rest of the game, I enjoyed it a lot, especially the boarding train sequence, as it shows a great example of how Naughty Dog handles its technology for epicness. The multiplayer is a ton of fun, and I played a lot of competitive matches. Now, even with the excessive waves and waves of enemies, I found it to be a decent experience overall. Expand
  21. Jul 11, 2014
    This game was really very poor compared to Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 3 - which were great. The locations in this game are dull and boring, and the story is poorly written, probably because Sully is more or less not in the game.
    The free-running really sucks in this particular game, and combat is very unrealistic.
  22. May 22, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's third masterpiece. It's set pieces are even better than the last installment, the performances are strong, the graphics are beautiful, and the story is much more compelling.
  23. May 15, 2015
  24. Apr 26, 2015
    Let me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, butLet me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, but please don't fanboy over it. Expand
  25. ThomasA
    Oct 16, 2009
    Excellent game with very nice voice acting and a good story. Action sequences are about the best I have experienced in a game. Single player campaign could easily be longer, but isn't it always like that when you enjoy a game?
  26. Profive
    Oct 20, 2009
    I loved the first game. It had a great sense of discovery, magical environments, good pacing and nice graphics. I'd give that a 9. So why this 'bigger newer version' only an 8? Well firstly yes it does look very very nice, esp if you are watching someone ELSE play. If you are playing it yourself I can't say I noticed anymore beauty than was in the original game. That I loved the first game. It had a great sense of discovery, magical environments, good pacing and nice graphics. I'd give that a 9. So why this 'bigger newer version' only an 8? Well firstly yes it does look very very nice, esp if you are watching someone ELSE play. If you are playing it yourself I can't say I noticed anymore beauty than was in the original game. That is my imagination seemed to be able to 'breathe more' in the first game, it's more rough edges felt alive and I felt more immersed. I'm sorry to say that for all it's cinematic beauty and loud bangs, this game is NOT as enchanting as the first game was. I seemed to wait forever for the old magic (which didn't come btw) and instead traipsed through weary overdone environments that could have been taken from a mix of gears of war, tomb raider and even Half Life 2. A lot of the game seemed generic, highly polished but generic nonethless. It has slick controls and many technical feats and WILL make your PS3 look amazing to friends. However when you actually try and savour the actual gameplay of the thing, it's quite thin on the ground. So many times I was just getting into the swing of battle and yet ANOTHER needless cut scene would kick in. It seems Naughty Dog are proud of their 'active cinematic experience' system, and yes it delivers some awesome scenes, but it's not actually THAT FUN to 'play'. It limits interaction to the expected and unimaginative. Most of the game felt extremely linear, not even worth replaying (far from it.. tedious would be a better word). Now uncharted one felt GREAT to reply for some reason. Also I do not like the over abundance of other characters, it kills all sense of atmosphere. I liked being more the 'loner' in the first game and discovering things for myself, yes you still had NPCs tagging along, but they were quite subtle. I've not once during play (aside from 2 snowy scenes) sat there and thought 'wow', but I constantly did that with the first game. Uncharted one had underhyped CHARM and it also had the payoff of decent gameplay (maybe due to more time spent battling through and less watching cut scenes) and it's sense of discovery was far higher than this sequel. So honestly, I was raving about this game in the first hour, and as a big fan of the first game didn't expect it to feel quite so 'on rails' and 'contrived' but it does. For all it's polish and cinema-style allusions, it's the gameplay that lets it down, mainly in the pacing but also in the way it's thrown at you in 'clumps' (here's the shooting-fest, now here's the clumsy platforming action) it's just a bit tacked on to the beautiful graphics/cut scenes for me and i'll be selling this as soon as I've finished (currently at 90%). The first game... is easily the better GAME, even if this one does apparently look prettier, the first felt better to play and it also invovled the brain/senses more which allowed the player to amplify the atmosphere with their imagination rather than it being FORCE FED to you via explosive cut scenes every 20 feet.... honestly you can see on occasion that the devs put a section in JUST because they knew/thought it would look cool when being watched (or on trailers) but it has so little to do with gameplay that it makes me sad. I'll still give it an 8 as it's highly polished and still better than most games of it's type but It's very disappointing to find I spent most of my time in war torn cities ripped from gears of war and HL2 and NOT the jungles and waterways of the first game. Go in eyes open but do not dismiss the beauty of the first game just because this sequel uses 'more power'. One word about multiplayer - it IS very well done and thankfully a saving grace for the game (and will stop a lot of people from selling on as soon) but the single player is far too story based and has far too little player involvement, discovery and empowerment. Lastly it is extremely linear and predictable (including the storyline which turns into a rambling contradictory mess around half way through). Expand
  27. MathewM
    Jan 2, 2010
    This game is almost perfect in every way. The only thing that I did not like was that I was stuck in a jump at times. You know when you jump at a wall and you're stuck in the air? that happened to me twice. Besides that, I recommend this game to everyone who has a PS3.
    Jan 26, 2010
    It really is a great game. Sure, the game-play itself leaves a little bit to be desired, but where it lacks in game mechanics, it doubly makes up for in story. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline of Uncharted 2. Though it has no real replay value, I'm not really one for replay single player platformers.
  29. JackK.
    Jan 27, 2010
    Of all the games in my library, i don't think I've ever been addicted as much to a game like this. Great story, epic gameplay and amazing online. An essential in every way.
  30. SuzanneD
    Jan 3, 2010
    This game is totally cool, and D V is a total c**t head, every game has its partial faults and this game is no different. However the gameplay was good and it was more impressive graphically than MW2. must have for any ps3 owner, but i do recommend waiting a bit so you can get it cheaper.
  31. GypsumFantastic
    Jan 4, 2010
    It's visually lush, has some exciting plot points. I liked the voice acting and soundtrack - both pretty cinematic. It's a completely linear adventure on rails. Each area is presented in order and there's no opportunity to revisit completed areas. The controls can clunk a bit - eg the system for ducking in and out of cover can be a bit awkward, and occasional sudden camera It's visually lush, has some exciting plot points. I liked the voice acting and soundtrack - both pretty cinematic. It's a completely linear adventure on rails. Each area is presented in order and there's no opportunity to revisit completed areas. The controls can clunk a bit - eg the system for ducking in and out of cover can be a bit awkward, and occasional sudden camera movements can catch you out. It's quite good but by no means a perfect game. I don't know how it got so many 100% reviews. Expand
  32. NathanD
    Oct 13, 2009
    This is the greatest game ever made. If there is more to life than Uncharted 2, I have yet to discover it.
  33. MurrayW
    Oct 14, 2009
    The graphics alone are enough to warrant a score like this, but add slick gameplay, fun platforming, many awe inspiring moments, and superb voice acting and there you have it, a beautiful single player experience. Oh yeah, there is awesome co-op and multiplayer too. GOTY.
  34. Lionel
    Oct 14, 2009
    EPIC atmosphere,EPIC action,EPIC set pieces,EPIC storytelling,EPIC fun,EPIC everything. I will say this with 100% honesty and no exaggeration: This is the pinnacle of the Action-Adventure genre and i highly doubt anything from this gen can top this. This year might not be over yet, but it is going to take nothing short of a miracle for ANYTHING to wrestle GOTY from UC2. PS3 owners,if you EPIC atmosphere,EPIC action,EPIC set pieces,EPIC storytelling,EPIC fun,EPIC everything. I will say this with 100% honesty and no exaggeration: This is the pinnacle of the Action-Adventure genre and i highly doubt anything from this gen can top this. This year might not be over yet, but it is going to take nothing short of a miracle for ANYTHING to wrestle GOTY from UC2. PS3 owners,if you call yourself a gamer,stop hesitating and pick this up with Demon's Souls. No PS3? Well it's your choice, but trust me, you are missing out on loads of great games here. Expand
  35. CraigA.
    Oct 14, 2009
    This game sets a new bar for story-telling. This game sets a new bar for visual detail. This game sets the new bar for video games in general, taking elements from other popular games, perfecting them, and turning into a gaming experience that will leave you with your jaw on the floor. With a single-player experience that will make all other games look inferior, and a multiplayer that This game sets a new bar for story-telling. This game sets a new bar for visual detail. This game sets the new bar for video games in general, taking elements from other popular games, perfecting them, and turning into a gaming experience that will leave you with your jaw on the floor. With a single-player experience that will make all other games look inferior, and a multiplayer that will keep you hooked and entertained after you've finished your treasure and trophy hunting. A candidate for one of the best games of all time, Uncharted 2 is a game you cannot live without. If you don't have a PS3, now is the time to get one. Expand
  36. AlexP
    Oct 14, 2009
    I was really skeptical when I first saw the announcement of Uncharted 2 because I really love the first one and though it wouldn't live up to its greatness. I got it yesterday and I have to say it is the best game I have ever played. They have improved on what I though was perfection on the last game. Hand to hand combat is awesome on this one. The "ninja" sneaking moves are a great I was really skeptical when I first saw the announcement of Uncharted 2 because I really love the first one and though it wouldn't live up to its greatness. I got it yesterday and I have to say it is the best game I have ever played. They have improved on what I though was perfection on the last game. Hand to hand combat is awesome on this one. The "ninja" sneaking moves are a great addition, gives it a feel of metal gear solid kind of. And just how realistic everything is ie drake covering his face when near fire, limping when he is hurt, the small conversation the characters have during the game. I honestly do not see any game better than this right now. It's a combination of my favorite franchises, Gears of War with the cover system and shooting, Metal Gear Solid with the sneaking, Tomb Raider for the exploration, Jak and Daxter for its comical notes, the awesome graphics of Kill Zone 2, and the awesome blockbuster movie Die Hard combined. The story and voice acting is AAA best voice acting in a video game I have even seen. Nolan North makes drake so believable. Like I said this game is a combination of everything you like in a video game wrapped up in a blockbuster movie and polished to perfection. Expand
  37. DarcyW
    Oct 14, 2009
    (1) - Super game except for: (2) - The GRAPHICS are great, but a little CARTOONISH looking when compared with Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. (3) - The players movments are too quick and abrupt (not natural) (4) - The game has a limited FIELD of VIEW. I should be able to LOOK 360 degrees no matter where I am.
  38. SyedH
    Oct 14, 2009
    This game is just full of 'wow' moments. Its certain that Naughty Dogs did a more than excellent job in bring this title to life. Its truly going to be one of the best game of this generation.
  39. EdC.
    Nov 5, 2009
    I've noticed that whoever liked the 1st one did not like the 2nd one as much. I actually lik the 1st one more too, as for some reason the atmosphere and gameplay just felt better. But I still give the this sequel a 10 because of the amazing graphics and multiplayer + coop features which the 1st one lacked. Whoever gave this sequel a 0 are out of their minds. We know you're just I've noticed that whoever liked the 1st one did not like the 2nd one as much. I actually lik the 1st one more too, as for some reason the atmosphere and gameplay just felt better. But I still give the this sequel a 10 because of the amazing graphics and multiplayer + coop features which the 1st one lacked. Whoever gave this sequel a 0 are out of their minds. We know you're just trying to drag the score down. Expand
  40. Khalil
    Oct 15, 2009
    This game is glorious! I was hooked from beginning to end and was sad when it was over. It is truly one of the greatest gaming experiences I have ever played and I'm already looking forward to Uncharted 3!
  41. JarrodS
    Nov 5, 2009
    Unbelievable game. It's been a long time since any game (including Mario Galaxy) matched the level of this. The voice acting,the animation,the graphics,the gameplay,the stealth elements. Simply an amazing 10/10 title.
  42. KritU
    Oct 15, 2009
    Awesome games, got it day one, love it. This game is deserve to be on #1 spot not that piece of trash GTA4. Anyway Metacritic, where is G4TV score? I don't see it on here?
  43. JesseM
    Oct 15, 2009
    This game blew my sucks off. Even if this game had no multilayer it still would have been a must own title. Yes the single player campaign is that good. Speaking of multilayer its amazing there's all of the usual modes and up to three player coop for the campaign/ survival mode.The multilayer is also structured like COD4 with perks to unlock which is a good thing. Theres also tons of This game blew my sucks off. Even if this game had no multilayer it still would have been a must own title. Yes the single player campaign is that good. Speaking of multilayer its amazing there's all of the usual modes and up to three player coop for the campaign/ survival mode.The multilayer is also structured like COD4 with perks to unlock which is a good thing. Theres also tons of content to unlock after you beat the game. If you don't own this game what are you doing. I say its worth getting a PS3 just for this game. Expand
  44. WingJ
    Oct 15, 2009
    I could not put down the controller once I start playing the single player. My wife had to stop me for the last couple of nights, and sometimes she ended up watching me some more. That's how good this game is. Do yourself a favor, buy this game and experience it yourself. I have not been this excited for a game since X-COM days.
  45. LenyH.
    Oct 15, 2009
    I've been gaming since the days of Atari 2600 and NES, over 20 years of gaming. This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played, easily in my top 3. I don't care if you don't have a PS3, buy one, borrow one, or go to a friends house and play it. Naughty Dog has created a magnificent title that is the epitome of this generation of gaming. Graphics, gameplay, I've been gaming since the days of Atari 2600 and NES, over 20 years of gaming. This is definitely one of the best games I've ever played, easily in my top 3. I don't care if you don't have a PS3, buy one, borrow one, or go to a friends house and play it. Naughty Dog has created a magnificent title that is the epitome of this generation of gaming. Graphics, gameplay, storyline, character development, you name it and this game excels in every aspect. Amazing, engaging, epic. Buy the game! Expand
  46. JuanV
    Oct 16, 2009
    If I had to describe the game on one word, it would have to be "Wow". I was getting very nervous over all the hype, and worried that the game may not live up to such a high mark. My worries where for not. This game is perfect. Even with all the flaws you can find in this game, (which aren't many) the game is still beyond excellent. Once you start the story, there are NO loading If I had to describe the game on one word, it would have to be "Wow". I was getting very nervous over all the hype, and worried that the game may not live up to such a high mark. My worries where for not. This game is perfect. Even with all the flaws you can find in this game, (which aren't many) the game is still beyond excellent. Once you start the story, there are NO loading screens. The game was so absorbing at times, I forgot for a few seconds every now and then that I was playing a game. It feels so fluid, and the camera is almost always where it is best suited. The complaints of some reviewers on the AI being dump are childish at best. playing on normal, The enemy AI will duck, take cover, and move out of your line of sight at when you start firing. Throwing a grenade at an enemy causes them to move away from the resting place of the grenade to a safer location. Stealth mode is not a joke at all, as it out classes many games that call them selves stealth action games, and can't give the same kind of game mechanics. Enemy AI is perfect, 10. Buddy AI is a perfect 10. Graphics are a perfect 10. Sound is a perfect 10. Presentation is a perfect 10. Controls are a perfect 10. Online Multi-player is a perfect 10. Online Co-Op is a perfect 10. I am currently playing the game again on hard after beating it twice on normal, to get all the trophies, and also to unlock crushing difficulty. Needless to say: Replay-Ability is a perfect 10. Expand
  47. DavidG
    Oct 16, 2009
    Definetly the best game on the PS3, maybe even of all console this generation, I just finished it and everything is polished to the maximum, the story is interesting, the graphics are well.... let's just say WOW, the voice acting is top notch, the soundtrack is amazing, the combat is pretty developped actually, including Sneaking element, Hand to hand combat and good gun play with Definetly the best game on the PS3, maybe even of all console this generation, I just finished it and everything is polished to the maximum, the story is interesting, the graphics are well.... let's just say WOW, the voice acting is top notch, the soundtrack is amazing, the combat is pretty developped actually, including Sneaking element, Hand to hand combat and good gun play with awesome AI and good cover system with destructible cover. It took me about 12 hours finishing the game on hard, looking for treasure and trying for trophies, im going for a second playthrought to get all the trophies and it's still amazing the second time around. If you have a PS3, you absolutely want this game. Expand
  48. RickL
    Nov 6, 2009
    Absolutely an amazing experience, words can't do this title justice. All I can say is: go out there, buy this game and PLAY
  49. AlbertoC
    Oct 16, 2009
    There's no words to describe this game. best graphics ever, and one of the best campaigns ever created.
  50. SimonB
    Oct 16, 2009
    An amazing game - one of the few linear games that i would wonna complete multiple times - and don't even get me started on the multiplayer - it's incredible!
  51. JoelB.
    Oct 16, 2009
    Definitely the best game i have ever played. It did everything right when compared to the first. The first was awesome too but this game is awesome squared. It's so Well paced and the story only exemplifies it. It's a perfectly balanced game that's a lot of fun to play. And that's only the single player.
  52. EricM.
    Oct 16, 2009
    outstanding game. uses the ps3's potential. outstanding storyline, plot structure, twists, turns. and everything in between.
  53. CJC
    ACT I
  54. AdnanA
    Oct 17, 2009
    The gameplay feels solid, the graphics and the sound are the best there is. The voice acting is so well done that you'd swear you'd mistake them for a real character. Couple that with a solid story, epic globe trotting adventure, funny moments, fusing cinematic and gameplay the way never done before and you got yourself a GOTY 2009.
  55. PeterP
    Nov 7, 2009
    Unbelievable. I never thought I could play a game that captured my attention like Metal Gear Solid 4 did, and this one really did it.
  56. DillonS
    Oct 17, 2009
    The best game I have ever played. I haven't played a game's campaign so lovingly since Halo: Combat Evolved. No other game even comes close in terms of the campaign. Period.
  57. JonP
    Oct 17, 2009
    Its easily one of the best games, maybe the best, in next-gen consoles. Amazing graphics and little details like birds fly away if you get too close etc.. Sometimes i think that am i playing or watching the movie so.. Storytelling is also very very good and voice actors are amazing! Its hard to find any sad thinks about this game, but enemies are sometimes very stupid and little bugs over Its easily one of the best games, maybe the best, in next-gen consoles. Amazing graphics and little details like birds fly away if you get too close etc.. Sometimes i think that am i playing or watching the movie so.. Storytelling is also very very good and voice actors are amazing! Its hard to find any sad thinks about this game, but enemies are sometimes very stupid and little bugs over there but it doesn't matter. Naughty Dog made again good job and im waiting Uncharted 3 more than any other game, but before that, im going to play Uncharted 2 multiplayer which is also fantastic! Thank you Naughty Dog! Expand
  58. EdC
    Oct 17, 2009
    GOTY Best thing I have played this generation for sure, I have owned all 3 consoles and honestly this game is pretty much perfect. I would say it has a few flaws (takes to long to list pros) such as finicky cover system, and slow search engine for online. Regardless this game is infinitely better than games like Halo 3, Killzone 2, Gears of War 2, Resistance, and Mass Effect.
  59. anonymous
    Nov 7, 2009
    This game is perfect. Story, gameplay, balance, graphics.. To the point I'm feeling sad because of completing it :) An absolute must have for anyone even remotely into gaming (on any platform). Don't miss this gem
  60. AndrewP.
    Oct 18, 2009
    This game is more than just a perfect game, its a look into the future, its the vision for the standard of video gaming for next generation. Everything about the game is mind blowing, and presentation is astounding. Forget game of the year, Game of the Decade!
  61. DanielF
    Oct 18, 2009
    I usually don't bother commenting, but this game is undoubtably one of the best games ever made, irrespective of gaming platform. A large amount of time and effort has been spent on the storyline and this is evident throughout the game. There are minor niggles but they are so small they do not even reflect on the overall game. If you have a PS3, BUY THIS and lets hope Naughty Dog I usually don't bother commenting, but this game is undoubtably one of the best games ever made, irrespective of gaming platform. A large amount of time and effort has been spent on the storyline and this is evident throughout the game. There are minor niggles but they are so small they do not even reflect on the overall game. If you have a PS3, BUY THIS and lets hope Naughty Dog brings further games out that are created with such obvious passion and pride. Expand
  62. EmilD
    Oct 19, 2009
    Uncharted 2 remains interesting from beginning to end. The amount and attention to detail in this game make the innately unbelievable believable, and the cameras expertly pull your vision towards the best set pieces in the videogame industry since Metal Gear Solid 4. Several times I wanted to applaude the animators for doing and extra bit of work, and putting in special animations only Uncharted 2 remains interesting from beginning to end. The amount and attention to detail in this game make the innately unbelievable believable, and the cameras expertly pull your vision towards the best set pieces in the videogame industry since Metal Gear Solid 4. Several times I wanted to applaude the animators for doing and extra bit of work, and putting in special animations only seen once in the game, for instance when walking down some narrow stairs in a temple (you know where). I believe that someone may view the sudden jumps in difficulty, particularily in the trainyard, to be a little off putting, but not giving the players any challenge would be a crime to a much higher degree. Finally, it shows that the snow in the game had a norwegian perfectionist behind it. Next time, give me an old regular north norwegian winter storm! Three times hurray for uncharted! Expand
  63. SargonY
    Oct 19, 2009
    just completed it yesterday and omg its seriously the best game i have every played!! if you dont have a ps3 im not saying buy one but atleast boroow one as everyone should have the chance whatever machine they own to play this game! id give it a 9.99 but it wont let me so il round it up. :D Play this game, you deserve to!
  64. Tahoe
    Dec 10, 2009
    Amazing campaign. Compelling story. Great multiplayer. It's not as extensive as MW2's multiplayer, but it surpasses that, because the graphics of Uncharted 2 are amazing, has a GREAT motion capture and superb voice acting.
  65. JedidiahR
    Dec 10, 2009
    This game is a beautifully crafted piece of work from on of the greatest developers in gaming.The game may lack originallity and innovation,but The Dark Knight lacked those things essentially and that is still praised.GTA IV lacked those things and that is still praised.Your unlikely to find a more immersive,more engaging game than Uncharted 2 in the history of gaming so far.For those This game is a beautifully crafted piece of work from on of the greatest developers in gaming.The game may lack originallity and innovation,but The Dark Knight lacked those things essentially and that is still praised.GTA IV lacked those things and that is still praised.Your unlikely to find a more immersive,more engaging game than Uncharted 2 in the history of gaming so far.For those who've played the first game it will have even more to offer as I found personally,that even after a year without playing the first game my love for the characters never wained.This game is perfect for anyone who enjoys action,adventure and a real sense of escapism that you just can't find in games like Halo,Gears or Resistance. Expand
  66. SebastianG
    Oct 20, 2009
    A stunningly presented, expertly paced adventure. Uncharted 2 might impress you with just one of its features; its looks or its style, its gameplay or presentation, or its excellent characterisation and voice acting. But success in every single one of these areas and more, means it truly captures you, and truly pushes action adventure to a whole new level. And then gives you brilliant A stunningly presented, expertly paced adventure. Uncharted 2 might impress you with just one of its features; its looks or its style, its gameplay or presentation, or its excellent characterisation and voice acting. But success in every single one of these areas and more, means it truly captures you, and truly pushes action adventure to a whole new level. And then gives you brilliant online multiplayer as well. An absolute thrill ride from beginning to end, and an unforgettable experience. Expand
  67. DaveH
    Oct 20, 2009
    As an xbox owner i can say im guilty of wanting this game to be dissapointing due to jealousey, but after seeing my brother playing it i just had to swap consoles for the weekend. The game itself, as you may of heard, is amazing. It takes the best parts of other AAA games and pushes the boundaries of each element to the next level. With the gun play of Gears and the climbing of Assains As an xbox owner i can say im guilty of wanting this game to be dissapointing due to jealousey, but after seeing my brother playing it i just had to swap consoles for the weekend. The game itself, as you may of heard, is amazing. It takes the best parts of other AAA games and pushes the boundaries of each element to the next level. With the gun play of Gears and the climbing of Assains creed blended perfectly together all with breathtaking set peices from the likes of call of duty added to the mix. But what makes it even more impressive is the graphical quality throughout. Alot of things are happening at anyone time but the engine runs smooth with with no slow down or graphical comprimise. Obviously no game is perfect and more than likely never will, but if you like this type of game, you will find it closer to perfect than you may of been led to expect. I can honestly say this is my favourite game of the last couple of years and if money wasnt an issue, and playstation keeps getting games of this quality, then i would have to invest in a playstation3. Although im sure gears of war3 will give it a run for its money, lol. Expand
  68. RichardE
    Oct 20, 2009
    Terrific game. It is very similar to the first game but with all the dials turned up to 11. It has its' faults but nothing to spoil the overall experience. Drake is definately one of gamings great characters; kind of between John McLane (Die Hard) and Indiana Jones. Definate replay value and excellent online features, both co-op and versus. Naughty Dog are a developer to watch.
  69. NazrulH
    Oct 21, 2009
    Has amazing set pieces. Improves on everything from Drake's Fortune - animation, melee, much more varied stealth attack, varied guns with specific and essential abilities i.e close range type/long range type, monkey bars, story, more andrenaline in narrow escape set courses and of course graphics. Puzzles are of same challenge but with a slight bigger scale in terms of manoeuvre. Has amazing set pieces. Improves on everything from Drake's Fortune - animation, melee, much more varied stealth attack, varied guns with specific and essential abilities i.e close range type/long range type, monkey bars, story, more andrenaline in narrow escape set courses and of course graphics. Puzzles are of same challenge but with a slight bigger scale in terms of manoeuvre. Naughty Gods go as far as having specific animation coded for those 1 special moments such as walking past villigers and interacting with them if u feel like it. There's lots of things they knew that didn't have to be done yet they put so much dedication towards it. Coop is THE best among all games on Playstation3. Has specific objective mode for online coop which is a good move since it allows for better and balanced gameplay without hindering the amazing single player campaign. Never should you run and gun but keep an eye out for each other and work together. It's like horde mode but not just fixed in 1 area. You still have to progress through the levels which are slightly tweaked versions of single player mission. Lot's of fun especially playing with mic on with online friends. Competitive online is fair and runs very well. Expand
  70. CatT
    Oct 22, 2009
    Graphics and story are great. They changed the fighting system. More variation than the first game, beautiful locations, some great (may I say 'epic?') moments. Puzzles were nice and good fights. I loved the voice acting.. simply phenomenal. Awesome co-op and multiplayer. I just have to give it a 10/10, the critics didn't lie, It really is awesome.
  71. AndrewK
    Oct 23, 2009
    Best game I've played in a long time, and I don't think its an understatement when people say that this game makes PS3 worth buying. I know the same was said about LittleBigPlanet, which I thought was awesome, but I definitely think Uncharted 2 was a more fun experience. Great replay value with unlockables, treasures and Crushing mode, and you will want to play the story again Best game I've played in a long time, and I don't think its an understatement when people say that this game makes PS3 worth buying. I know the same was said about LittleBigPlanet, which I thought was awesome, but I definitely think Uncharted 2 was a more fun experience. Great replay value with unlockables, treasures and Crushing mode, and you will want to play the story again because it is that sick. The graphics are phenomenal. The last game of this sort I've had this much fun playing was Goldeneye for N64. This may be the best game I've played in years. Expand
  72. TracieV.
    Oct 23, 2009
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about this game is amazing. Beautiful graphics, great characters, great story, great voice acting, etc. Whenever I'm playing the game, I don't want to put the controller down. Whenever I would play my brother, sister, and dad would watch me because they were so interested in the story. (my dad Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is one of the best games I have ever played. Everything about this game is amazing. Beautiful graphics, great characters, great story, great voice acting, etc. Whenever I'm playing the game, I don't want to put the controller down. Whenever I would play my brother, sister, and dad would watch me because they were so interested in the story. (my dad forced me to turn it off because he had to go to work and didn't want to miss any of the storyline). I don't care what anyone else says, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves deserves to be game of the year! Expand
  73. ScottA
    Oct 20, 2009
    The game takes you back to the first time you watched an Indiana Jones movie, except this time it's playable... and better. Uncharted 2 combines fun, fast-paced gunplay with great platforming sequences and stunning graphics. The digital acting is unparallel and is easily one of the best games ever created. A must play for every fan of action games.
  74. RogerT
    Oct 24, 2009
    Games like this one don't come around very often. It's the best looking game on any platform and I had a lot of fun playing it. You don't need to have played the first one to enjoy this one, but I highly recommend picking it up.
  75. ILoveThisGame
    Oct 24, 2009
    I always go to metacritic for reviews but never have written one. But Uncharted 2 is so awesome that it deserves it. I truly don't think I've enjoyed a game like this in a long time. All the gameplay elements go together. Every little detail is touched upon. I play all the big blockbusters on xbox 360 and ps3 and would say I like a game that is truly exciting for a shorter I always go to metacritic for reviews but never have written one. But Uncharted 2 is so awesome that it deserves it. I truly don't think I've enjoyed a game like this in a long time. All the gameplay elements go together. Every little detail is touched upon. I play all the big blockbusters on xbox 360 and ps3 and would say I like a game that is truly exciting for a shorter amount of time then just average for a long time (looking at you fallout 3). As a busy person I don't have a lot of free time and am truly thankful for a game without extreme time devotions. IMO this is the most perfect game to come out. I'm not saying its all perfect because there is always room to improve but in comparison to every game that has ever come out (at least the ones I've played) its by far the greatest single player experience you can have (multiplayer on uncharted is no MW but its above everage). If you can buy only one system and one game this should be it. I think anyone that doesn't enjoy this game should go to a doctor because you might be depressed! Expand
  76. JaimeS
    Oct 25, 2009
    This game is simply extraordinary. I was worried online would not be good because its their first time having multiplayer, but naughty dog nailed it to create a very addictive multiplayer. The offline is great as well. I dont usually play the story lines, but this one i had to play. Cut scenes are not short but also not near as much as MGS4 as some people would claim(maybe because they This game is simply extraordinary. I was worried online would not be good because its their first time having multiplayer, but naughty dog nailed it to create a very addictive multiplayer. The offline is great as well. I dont usually play the story lines, but this one i had to play. Cut scenes are not short but also not near as much as MGS4 as some people would claim(maybe because they haven't played it). Naughty Dog has really stepped it up. For that i will consider their games they will release. Expand
  77. JörgT
    Oct 25, 2009
    10 for effort, 10 for execution, 10 for the fun of it all. No, it's not a sandbox game, but man, does it do story well... at least for a videogame. If only we can get away from Indiana Jones in the next big action adventure franchise, that would be even better.
  78. MatthewE
    Dec 6, 2009
    Possibly the best single-player gaming ever! The multiplayer gets almost as high marks. The vs mode is OK, but the co-op is friggin' sweet. Not perfect, but almost.
  79. AlanD
    Dec 7, 2009
    Refines adventure games as Tomb Raider did back in 1996! A true masterpiece of a game!
  80. SuperSlasher
    Oct 28, 2009
    Absolutely without a doubet the most awesome game I've ever played, and I've played a alot of games way back to Goldeneye on N64. The atmosphere, graphics, puzzles, adventure, voice-acting, musical score, surprises, storyline, humor, etc., etc., etc. are simply unparalleled on any platform! So rich & delicious it's like French Food. Completely satisfying in every way Absolutely without a doubet the most awesome game I've ever played, and I've played a alot of games way back to Goldeneye on N64. The atmosphere, graphics, puzzles, adventure, voice-acting, musical score, surprises, storyline, humor, etc., etc., etc. are simply unparalleled on any platform! So rich & delicious it's like French Food. Completely satisfying in every way imaginable. Shall I tell you how I REALLY feel? Haha Expand
  81. Laszlo
    Oct 28, 2009
    The game is a technical marvel and sets a new standard for action games. However it takes a few hours till it gets really amazing. The Train and convoy levels were the most fun IMO. Overall I prefer more atmospheric games like TOMB RAIDER UNDERWORLD.
  82. Val
    Dec 8, 2009
    One of the best games.. in fact, possibly THE best game ever made. The only disappointment is that it's a bit too short
  83. neofitoso
    Dec 9, 2009
    The best graphics ever and fantastic action.Perfect story.I never wanted this memorable game to end.This game is 10/10.MUST BUY.
  84. DraganaK
    Oct 29, 2009
    Absolutely fantastic game. The story, gameplay, graphics, sound, level design, controls, and multi-player options are all top notch. You're really doing yourself a great disservice as a gamer if you do not at least try out this game.
  85. pg
    Dec 9, 2009
    No game has yet to reach the standards of Uncharted 2. The game is near perfect in every aspect.
  86. ColeP
    Oct 31, 2009
    Incredible game: awesome story, amazing characters, great humor, unprecedented graphics, and a multiplayer experience that has a non-mulitplayer guy excited to keep playing it! Everyone should give this game a try!
  87. BrianB
    Oct 30, 2009
    Probably the best game ever made! No other game comes even remotly close to this, exept maybe drakes fortune. Everything about this game is top noch. Even the multiplayer is fun and i dont like playing online games! This is what all games should strive for in terms of quality. Naughty Dog is the best !
  88. RyanS
    Oct 30, 2009
    This is a great game, but don't let anyone fool you, It is NOT the best game of all time (or generation even)... The Single-player experience if great, but for an adventure game, is pretty linear. It is pretty lengthy, but the scenarios seem kind of blended together (you have at least one teamate leading you around for most of the game). The multiplayer is unique, with the perk This is a great game, but don't let anyone fool you, It is NOT the best game of all time (or generation even)... The Single-player experience if great, but for an adventure game, is pretty linear. It is pretty lengthy, but the scenarios seem kind of blended together (you have at least one teamate leading you around for most of the game). The multiplayer is unique, with the perk system, to the gunplay. My biggest gripe is the inconsistancy and how the maps fail to utilize height advantage. Certainly a must have for PS3 owners, who have to be itching for a game to play lately... But doesn't come close to the metascore champion of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Solid game, but doesn't deserve a 97 metascore... Expand
  89. CranstonB.
    Oct 30, 2009
    What is up with the PS3 lately. It's really coming out with top notch games. I own both and have not bought a game for the 360 in 10 months. Uncharted 2 has got to be the best, most polished game I have ever played. I can't remember the last time I wanted to start a game over the minute I finished it. That's exactly what I did with Uncharted 2. People. NOW is the time to What is up with the PS3 lately. It's really coming out with top notch games. I own both and have not bought a game for the 360 in 10 months. Uncharted 2 has got to be the best, most polished game I have ever played. I can't remember the last time I wanted to start a game over the minute I finished it. That's exactly what I did with Uncharted 2. People. NOW is the time to buy a PS3. Infamous, Demon Souls, Uncharted series, Killzone, God of War. Sheesh. How could you NOT want one??? Expand
  90. MichaelH.
    Oct 30, 2009
    That's actually a 9.5 but since i can't put it ill stick with 10. This game is mind-blowing in every way; the graphics, storytelling, the characters it just gets about everything right, but it's not perfect because no game so far can be perfect; yet. I fully recommend this game and also recommend that you keep a close eye on Naughty Dog.
  91. AnthonyR
    Jan 11, 2010
    This game is very underrated, obv a 10 but sure as hell nothing lower than an 8, i gave it a 10 mainly because it is awesome, I bet most of the people who gave it 0 haven't even played it, probably don't even have a ps3, stupid fanboys.
  92. josephc
    Jan 13, 2010
    This is simply the best action game ever made. Naughty dog has created a master piece, start to finish. Go buy this game! Go buy a PS3 just for this game
  93. markl
    Jan 14, 2010
    uncharted 2 is NOT overated at all it is singlehandedly one of the best apps to come out in a long time. The game play is simple, fluid and dynamic. The movies will hook you from the start and are worthy of a oscar. The multiplayer isnt so good but dont let this spoil you from one of the greatest games out there. The graphics are beautiful and it is a solid emotional rollercoaster of a uncharted 2 is NOT overated at all it is singlehandedly one of the best apps to come out in a long time. The game play is simple, fluid and dynamic. The movies will hook you from the start and are worthy of a oscar. The multiplayer isnt so good but dont let this spoil you from one of the greatest games out there. The graphics are beautiful and it is a solid emotional rollercoaster of a game. This truly deserves to stand amongst the giants of the gaming world. Expand
  94. MattW
    Jan 15, 2010
    Wow DV trolled you guys hard XD He was commenting on how some other reviewers act in their reviews. Anyway, Uncharted 2 is pretty damn amazing.
  95. grimdeath
    Jan 18, 2010
    Good game but I don't see what all the fuss is about it's good but not great, don't believe the hype.
  96. Classy
    Jan 21, 2010
    I would give this game a 9.8ish but since there isn't one it gets a 10, this game is beyond impressive. And to the poster below me known as Johan F, he says he gets bored yet based on 104 Game critics, which gave this game the best rated of 2009 are overhyping it? Yeah okay there buddy, and Average graphics? Right there gives away that you are an Xbox fanboy...a fanboy regardless I would give this game a 9.8ish but since there isn't one it gets a 10, this game is beyond impressive. And to the poster below me known as Johan F, he says he gets bored yet based on 104 Game critics, which gave this game the best rated of 2009 are overhyping it? Yeah okay there buddy, and Average graphics? Right there gives away that you are an Xbox fanboy...a fanboy regardless shouldn't even be able to post due to their incoherent minds to assume whatever Sony pushes out must be garbage 100%... What this game is, is the Die Hard of Video Games. The way that movie redefined Action movies is the way this game redefined Action Games...through great voice acting and motion capture, unbelievable action sets and a superb plot that keeps going and going it will be entertaining to all...an example of this is my dad was watching me play from the beginning, the next day i was playing Modern Warfare 2 and he comes in and tells me to play Uncharted 2...He WANTED me to play the game so he can see what happens...unfortunately my PS3 YLOD so he didn't get to see the ending to it but he will eventually (I'm at university so the ps3 is with me) Bottomline: If you own a ps3, this game is a MUST have, best game out on PS3 so far and well deserves the many GotY awards it recieved. Expand
  97. MT
    Jan 2, 2010
    The game is great! Even playing it through a second time I was still very into the game. I do not understand why people make such a big deal about a game borrowing from other games, saying that it is nothing new and it is repetitive. Halo is repetitive and borrows from other fps. Gears of War is repetitive and borrows from other 3rd person shooters. Heck, even a creative game such as The game is great! Even playing it through a second time I was still very into the game. I do not understand why people make such a big deal about a game borrowing from other games, saying that it is nothing new and it is repetitive. Halo is repetitive and borrows from other fps. Gears of War is repetitive and borrows from other 3rd person shooters. Heck, even a creative game such as Braid borrowed aspects from SMBs. Face it, U2 is amazing. Expand
  98. MarkyMarkWhaleberg
    Jan 25, 2010
    Great game that improves on the original in almost every way. Very close to the experience of a great action movie. That being said, it is overrated in retrospect because of the lack of good action games.
  99. L.Mehr
    Jan 26, 2010
    Don't give in completely to the hype (like almost every critic did). Where you see so much praise for it graphics, you'll notice it's gameplay has hardly changed and what gameplay did change wasn't well implemented. A great thrill ride with the pacing of a Hollywood movie but........a bit of an annoying climax-cliche so I can't say great story all-around but in Don't give in completely to the hype (like almost every critic did). Where you see so much praise for it graphics, you'll notice it's gameplay has hardly changed and what gameplay did change wasn't well implemented. A great thrill ride with the pacing of a Hollywood movie but........a bit of an annoying climax-cliche so I can't say great story all-around but in terms of dialouge and pacing, it's superb. Expand
  100. MarcosD.
    Jan 26, 2010
    Fantastic experience, fantastic graphics (both technical and artistic), fantastic offline gameplay, fantastic online gameplay, FANTASTIC GAME.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.