Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PlayStation 3

• Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. TomC
    Jan 12, 2010
    the story, gameplay, graphics, and charcters are all PERFECT, enough said.
  2. AnthonyR
    Jan 11, 2010
    This game is very underrated, obv a 10 but sure as hell nothing lower than an 8, i gave it a 10 mainly because it is awesome, I bet most of the people who gave it 0 haven't even played it, probably don't even have a ps3, stupid fanboys.
  3. michaelk
    Jan 8, 2010
    this is very simply the best game on the ps3, it improves on drakes fortune in every way plus the multiplayer is a fantastic bonus I really can't find enough ways to say that this is one of the greatest games ever made :)
  4. RienyeN
    Jan 4, 2010
    Easily the best game of 2009 for PS3. Great gaming, great story line, even the cut-scenes were awesome. This is a very well-made game and this is the benchmark of what PS3 and other gaming console games should be. Naughty Dogg rocks!!!
  5. SuzanneD
    Jan 3, 2010
    This game is totally cool, and D V is a total c**t head, every game has its partial faults and this game is no different. However the gameplay was good and it was more impressive graphically than MW2. must have for any ps3 owner, but i do recommend waiting a bit so you can get it cheaper.
  6. MT
    Jan 2, 2010
    The game is great! Even playing it through a second time I was still very into the game. I do not understand why people make such a big deal about a game borrowing from other games, saying that it is nothing new and it is repetitive. Halo is repetitive and borrows from other fps. Gears of War is repetitive and borrows from other 3rd person shooters. Heck, even a creative game such as The game is great! Even playing it through a second time I was still very into the game. I do not understand why people make such a big deal about a game borrowing from other games, saying that it is nothing new and it is repetitive. Halo is repetitive and borrows from other fps. Gears of War is repetitive and borrows from other 3rd person shooters. Heck, even a creative game such as Braid borrowed aspects from SMBs. Face it, U2 is amazing. Expand
  7. BrandonH
    Jan 2, 2010
    More games need to be like this. It has the story, the gameplay, the cutscenes, and the sexy ladies XD but not only do they have them, they have them perfected!
  8. TC
    Jan 2, 2010
    This is a fantastic game that every Ps3 owner should check out. This is the best game that has came out for the ps3. If you own a ps3 you have to buy this game!
  9. MathewM
    Jan 2, 2010
    This game is almost perfect in every way. The only thing that I did not like was that I was stuck in a jump at times. You know when you jump at a wall and you're stuck in the air? that happened to me twice. Besides that, I recommend this game to everyone who has a PS3.
  10. AC
    Jan 2, 2010
    This game's definitely a masterpiece. I read a few negative reviews, and they're so stupid: the first one says there's too much gunfighting, the second says there's no action at all, another review says multiplayer is good and single player's not, the following one says the complete opposite. Basically I noticed they're written by xbox fanboys, recommending This game's definitely a masterpiece. I read a few negative reviews, and they're so stupid: the first one says there's too much gunfighting, the second says there's no action at all, another review says multiplayer is good and single player's not, the following one says the complete opposite. Basically I noticed they're written by xbox fanboys, recommending games like GoW (which I played and man, that's what you call bad controls). But here starts my review. Even though I don't care about graphics, I was stunned: characters look real, and the environment is awesome. The game starts with a sort of long flashback, which helps involving the gamer: the story is pretty good, certainly better than a lot of games nowadays. The controls are good even though 2-3 times I had some problems with them, but the overall gameplay it's amazing: there are stealth sections when you have to avoid enemies or to knock them out without being seen; there's climbing; gunfights (which I loved, because you always have to think a little to defeat everyone), and even a few escaping parts, with very good camera effects. The levels differ a lot from each other, which is good. I don't love online multiplayer much, but I found it's pretty good: there are lots of classic modes, like deathmatch, or king of the hill, and even 2 co-op modes, one is a mission and you have objectives, and the other one is survival. It definitely offers more variety than other (overrated) multiplayer games like Halo and CoD. If it wasn't for Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Uncharted 2 would be my GOTY. Expand
  11. CandiceK
    Jan 2, 2010
    If u needed a reason to own a PS3, this is it. Even if u can finish this in under 12 hours, u can replay it and never get bored. The graphics are great, the environments realistic and the lead character very likable from the start . Hands down the best game of 2009
  12. Salvy102
    Dec 30, 2009
    I didn't find anything "GROUND BREAKING" in this game, but it was fun to play, it is the best single player for an adventure game. The online is fun in its own way. I was stunned by the visuals and the climatic scenes. I liked the game but it's not perfect, at least in my eyes.
  13. ChrisS
    Dec 30, 2009
    First Game was my game of this Gen... 2 has blown me away! If there is a game to make it worth owning a PS3 its this.
  14. TylerH.
    Dec 29, 2009
    Haters be haters, simply because they dont have this game, they rate it down. Ignore the ignorance. This is simply a fantastic game with one of the best single players ever, 1 of my top 3 games of all time, aside Assassins Creed 2 and Half-life 2. Graphics are some of the best period, with only Crysis seemingly having better (but thats pc, which is ever changing, console is stuck at same Haters be haters, simply because they dont have this game, they rate it down. Ignore the ignorance. This is simply a fantastic game with one of the best single players ever, 1 of my top 3 games of all time, aside Assassins Creed 2 and Half-life 2. Graphics are some of the best period, with only Crysis seemingly having better (but thats pc, which is ever changing, console is stuck at same specs). Gameply is smooth, fast-paced, over-the top, but always enjoyable with a bit of humor thrown in. Multiplayer and co-op additions are great in there own respect, but this games single player is where its soul lies. Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, or Assassins Creed 2 for game of the year. I wouldnt complain with any of them. Expand
  15. KijiyaD
    Dec 29, 2009
    Best ps3 game ever played. Best online play ever. If you have Uncharted 1, we all know that you've already bought the game because of the awesomeness of it. If you never ever played uncharted 1, no worries, uncharted 2 is all you need!
  16. KipH
    Dec 28, 2009
    So close to perfection, yet so frustrating. Let me explain - In the Borneo level I took out the camp and then didnt know where to go next. The hint system said "join Sully" at the top of the cliff but I had no way to get up there. Apparently I should have blown up the snipers wooden platform which would fall and create a bridge up for me but instead I had shot him during the previous So close to perfection, yet so frustrating. Let me explain - In the Borneo level I took out the camp and then didnt know where to go next. The hint system said "join Sully" at the top of the cliff but I had no way to get up there. Apparently I should have blown up the snipers wooden platform which would fall and create a bridge up for me but instead I had shot him during the previous fight. Without a walkthrough I would still be there. 2 hours later and alot of jumping into the walls and I had to go on the net for the walkthrough. Very frustrating. When is a "hint" not helpful? Another one was in the Monastery and "climb to the open window", with no idea how to get there. 2 hours later and back to the walkthrough. The rest of the game is superb and if they could fix it so the hint was actually helpful then it would be a 10. Otherwise its just soo frustrating.... Expand
  17. WillT
    Dec 28, 2009
    Absoluely fantastic and superior to the original in every way, giving it a 10 however would make it the perfect game, its not, but definatly the best on PS3
  18. MarkW
    Dec 28, 2009
    Wow, the graphics are great! Is that what makes a good game? On normal difficulty it's about 16 hours long...I rented it and returned it 4 days early. I thought the game was sort of a drag. The acting was melancholy and the story was dry and boring. If it would have been a movie instead of a game it would have been an epic failure. At times the camera angles are claustrophobic as is Wow, the graphics are great! Is that what makes a good game? On normal difficulty it's about 16 hours long...I rented it and returned it 4 days early. I thought the game was sort of a drag. The acting was melancholy and the story was dry and boring. If it would have been a movie instead of a game it would have been an epic failure. At times the camera angles are claustrophobic as is the game itself with its very linear nature. Have fun jumping sideways 30 feet from rock to rock only to find that you can't even climb a simple tree. The game pushes you to keep going down the only path there is and when there is a little room to explore don't be surprised if a door slams behind you with an auto save to destroy the opportunity. Expand
  19. ABBAABBAA
    Dec 27, 2009
    Freaking amazing game, and insanely fun too. This just continues to prove why the PS3 (which still has yet to have a game that meets its technological limit) is better than the 360
  20. AM
    Dec 26, 2009
    DV actually rated this 3 because he wants it not to have such a high overall score of user ratings, and so does everyone else who rates this less than a 6. My MOTHER enjoys this game. It's simple, fresh, and has elements of the best game genres: Shooters, Action-Adventure and Platformers. Plus is looks visually solid. No, really. It is SOLID. The character models, when in-game, DV actually rated this 3 because he wants it not to have such a high overall score of user ratings, and so does everyone else who rates this less than a 6. My MOTHER enjoys this game. It's simple, fresh, and has elements of the best game genres: Shooters, Action-Adventure and Platformers. Plus is looks visually solid. No, really. It is SOLID. The character models, when in-game, aren't as great as the overall environments, but they still get a huge thumbs-up. Then there's the multiplayer... Balanced, with a great matchmaking system and constantly updating community service and servers. A no-brainer purchase for any PS3 owner. Even if you don't like third person shooters, just grab this one and beat it on very easy, then just keep watching the cutscenes. They're THAT incredible. Expand
  21. CarlP
    Dec 26, 2009
    This is definitely one of the top ten best games of all time. It's not innovative but it does everything right. The single player is the best of the year by a long shot.Also the multiplayer is awesome it's like that of Gears of Wars' which is great but with a platforming twist. So pick it up if you can.BEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!
  22. JoshS
    Dec 25, 2009
    This game is good but it's nothing special. The gameplay is a mix between Assassin's Creed and a horde shooter, and horde shooters get boring and annoying, especially when the AI is so much better at shooting than you.
  23. shetaki
    Dec 23, 2009
    Very good graphics and amazing story line. hopefully the cover glitches and A.I. will be fixed in an update but even if it isnt this is still a great gaming experience. oh and for all those people who are giving this game low scores, games are meant to be enjoyed. you guys seem to just play it, find as many glitches as you can and then write a bad review so that people who have not played Very good graphics and amazing story line. hopefully the cover glitches and A.I. will be fixed in an update but even if it isnt this is still a great gaming experience. oh and for all those people who are giving this game low scores, games are meant to be enjoyed. you guys seem to just play it, find as many glitches as you can and then write a bad review so that people who have not played the game yet will get the wrong idea. jesus christ PLAY THE GAME TO HAVE FUN! if something like this came out 5 years ago the whole world would have shit themselves. Well for those of you who have not played this game yet, dont listen to those dumbshits buy it and prepare for a stellar gaming experience that you will come back for again and again. Expand
  24. MiKE
    Dec 23, 2009
    What can I say? The best game I have EVER played! Great gameplay, kickass graphics! a must play!
  25. PaulR
    Dec 22, 2009
    Perfect combination of... shooting, platforming and puzzling with production values that have to be seen to be believed
  26. Novaria
    Dec 21, 2009
    Fab game, cut scenes are seamless, effortless pick up and play and with the 5 play modes its a game for everyone.....a must in any gamers collection
  27. VictorS
    Dec 20, 2009
    This game is one of the best games I've played. Unmatched graphics, amazing story and characters, fuun multiplayer, epic gameplay, what more do you need?
  28. Sam
    Dec 19, 2009
    Uncharted 2 is easily the best game of the year, possibly of all time. It has a plot as good, if not better, then movies. If you are new to the series, this game can be thought of as something similar to Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider. This game is perfect in every aspect. The single player so good if this game didn't have multiplayer it would still recieve a ten. The multiplayer has a Uncharted 2 is easily the best game of the year, possibly of all time. It has a plot as good, if not better, then movies. If you are new to the series, this game can be thought of as something similar to Indiana Jones or Tomb Raider. This game is perfect in every aspect. The single player so good if this game didn't have multiplayer it would still recieve a ten. The multiplayer has a wide variety of modes, all of which are executed perfectly. The game has the best graphics of all time. It is photorealistic. This game is a must-buy and if you don't have a ps3 it is the sole reason to get one. Expand
  29. brandonr
    Dec 18, 2009
    the only perfect game we've seen this generation and most likely the best single player experience ever!
  30. BDow
    Dec 16, 2009
    wow D V. this "inferior" logic is whether or not a game is fun. this is a fun game. its Uncharted used to be my favorite game till this came out. Why? because it is fun. whole point of the game. fun.
  31. JD
    Dec 14, 2009
    b t and Sol T got it all wrong. Sol T is a 360 fan, because of the fact he called the PS3 fail, and b t is obviously making Uncharted 2 seem hard to climb in. It's not really, it's super easy and dynamic. Plus, he says it lacks stuff again from OTHER games and a 362 exclusive, hence a fanboy Back to my review: The game is phenomenal. Character animations are NOT stiff, they b t and Sol T got it all wrong. Sol T is a 360 fan, because of the fact he called the PS3 fail, and b t is obviously making Uncharted 2 seem hard to climb in. It's not really, it's super easy and dynamic. Plus, he says it lacks stuff again from OTHER games and a 362 exclusive, hence a fanboy Back to my review: The game is phenomenal. Character animations are NOT stiff, they react very realistically to what you do, and other stuff. Multiplayer upgrade system is ridiculously easy to use, it SHOWS you on the Multiplayer menu for petes sake! Multiplayer is fantastic if you're up for getting killed a lot the first three or four games, requires skill. Graphics are best to date on any console, still overall is Crysis on PC. But for a 720p game, dang, it looks goooood. 1080p would have fried my eyebrows off with amazingness! Multiplayer is only team based though, and it should be. It wouldn't make sense for Drake to shoot Drake. Gameplay is great, and the platforming which sometimes you need to hurry up for, or you die. Oh, and one last thing: It won GOTY! :P Expand
  32. IceTea
    Dec 14, 2009
    You might call it overrated, and you might say that it's all about the graphics, but then it's probably more you there is a problem with than the game. What do I think? Well, let's just say I'm having a hard time lifting my jaw up from the floor. Epicness FTW!
  33. RichardN
    Dec 13, 2009
    I really don't understand Sol T's comment, exept that maybe he is a Xbox fanboy and this game can only be on ps3 (lack of space on normal dvd on xbox). This game is truly a masterpiece, the controls are very smooth, nice hitbox/aiming system, really good sound effects,VERY challenging at hard difficulty on coop and solo, awesome map design, insane story/cutscene even better than I really don't understand Sol T's comment, exept that maybe he is a Xbox fanboy and this game can only be on ps3 (lack of space on normal dvd on xbox). This game is truly a masterpiece, the controls are very smooth, nice hitbox/aiming system, really good sound effects,VERY challenging at hard difficulty on coop and solo, awesome map design, insane story/cutscene even better than a lot of movies. The multiplayer is very well done, it's very fair ( Actually more than other popular shooters like CodMW2, Halo 3, Killzone 2 etc..) and doesn't lag at all. This game doesn't deserve a 0 , Sol T's comment deserve a 0. the only reason why i'm giving a 9 is because if someone leave an online match, no one can connect to the game after that to take his place but thats only a matter of time for naughty dog to patch this maybe, anyway thats not a big problem at all. In fact all ps3 owners SHOULD buy this game. Expand
  34. TylerD
    Dec 13, 2009
    Amazing. I played through the game three times in a row, and it never got boring for me. If you have a ps3, you must buy this game. If you do not have a ps3, you must buy a ps3, and then buy this game.
  35. JackSparrow
    Dec 12, 2009
    Plain and simple, this is the game we have all been waiting for.........game of the decade! From graphics to platforming, this is as good as it gets.
  36. kj
    Dec 12, 2009
    is b t joking?.... i think he is trying to imitate Sol T for being a fanboy... no one could possibly have that much trouble without being mentally disabled...... this game is absolutuly amazing in everyway (i play it more than cod, and i am a cod junkie)
  37. Memyself
    Dec 11, 2009
    Definitely the best game this generation so far. Great gameplay, great plot, great characters, I don't even need to comment the visuals and the voice acting. It's just top notch. This game is more than game of the year, so far it's the Game of the WHOLE 7th GENERATION!
  38. RobertA
    Dec 11, 2009
    This game is fantastic! I have never seen a game that was able to command my attention and get me to play through 4 times in a row on the single player mode, just working my way through crushing now and it's still an amazing ride! And, all the moves in single player translating to oonline play, this game is off the hook. The life of the PS3 environments; rock!
  39. BL
    Dec 10, 2009
    Without a doubt the best game this generation, one of the best games I've ever played. Beautiful graphics(the best console graphics yet), smooth gameplay, jaw-dropping action, immersive, excellent story with voice acting and dialogue. The singleplayer & multiplayer bonuses top it off wonderfully with great features like cinema in which you can rewatch automatically recorded games, Without a doubt the best game this generation, one of the best games I've ever played. Beautiful graphics(the best console graphics yet), smooth gameplay, jaw-dropping action, immersive, excellent story with voice acting and dialogue. The singleplayer & multiplayer bonuses top it off wonderfully with great features like cinema in which you can rewatch automatically recorded games, controlling the camera in real time and even adding weather effects. Expand
  40. JedidiahR
    Dec 10, 2009
    This game is a beautifully crafted piece of work from on of the greatest developers in gaming.The game may lack originallity and innovation,but The Dark Knight lacked those things essentially and that is still praised.GTA IV lacked those things and that is still praised.Your unlikely to find a more immersive,more engaging game than Uncharted 2 in the history of gaming so far.For those This game is a beautifully crafted piece of work from on of the greatest developers in gaming.The game may lack originallity and innovation,but The Dark Knight lacked those things essentially and that is still praised.GTA IV lacked those things and that is still praised.Your unlikely to find a more immersive,more engaging game than Uncharted 2 in the history of gaming so far.For those who've played the first game it will have even more to offer as I found personally,that even after a year without playing the first game my love for the characters never wained.This game is perfect for anyone who enjoys action,adventure and a real sense of escapism that you just can't find in games like Halo,Gears or Resistance. Expand
  41. Tahoe
    Dec 10, 2009
    Amazing campaign. Compelling story. Great multiplayer. It's not as extensive as MW2's multiplayer, but it surpasses that, because the graphics of Uncharted 2 are amazing, has a GREAT motion capture and superb voice acting.
  42. DrewR
    Dec 10, 2009
    Uncharted 2 is a spectacular work of interactive storytelling. It is a compendium of everything you've seen in previous third-person adventures and summer blockbuster films, all polished to a fine glow and cranked up to 11. No other game can boast the exhilaration of its train-traversing, truck-leaping, snow-blinding innovativeness, nor its Oscar-quality writing and acting, nor the Uncharted 2 is a spectacular work of interactive storytelling. It is a compendium of everything you've seen in previous third-person adventures and summer blockbuster films, all polished to a fine glow and cranked up to 11. No other game can boast the exhilaration of its train-traversing, truck-leaping, snow-blinding innovativeness, nor its Oscar-quality writing and acting, nor the sheer beauty of the scenery (my god, the ice caves...). Naughty Dog have set a bar that will not be brushed any time soon. Expand
  43. Kenny
    Dec 10, 2009
    One of the best single player experience I have ever had with a game. They completely blew me away with this game. The first one was good but this was Great! Felt like a high budget Hollywood movie but as a game. They way the characters reacted with each other felt real. This game is gonna be one for the records. Have to give it to Sony for finally having a winner on there hands. Wish One of the best single player experience I have ever had with a game. They completely blew me away with this game. The first one was good but this was Great! Felt like a high budget Hollywood movie but as a game. They way the characters reacted with each other felt real. This game is gonna be one for the records. Have to give it to Sony for finally having a winner on there hands. Wish they had more exclusives like this. Expand
  44. WoW,THisgamereallyRox!
    Dec 10, 2009
    Hey! Ok, Uncharted 2 is one of the games that you won't forget in the rest of your life, this game is just perfect, since the storyline to the voice-acting, passing trough the gameplay, wich must be 9.9 (only a minor bug in the cover system, that is quite annoying doesnt make gameplay get a 10). Voice-Acting is spectacular, animations are fluid, graphics are unbeleiveble, story is Hey! Ok, Uncharted 2 is one of the games that you won't forget in the rest of your life, this game is just perfect, since the storyline to the voice-acting, passing trough the gameplay, wich must be 9.9 (only a minor bug in the cover system, that is quite annoying doesnt make gameplay get a 10). Voice-Acting is spectacular, animations are fluid, graphics are unbeleiveble, story is great, gameplay is 9.9/10, what else can i say? The game is perfect, GOTY 2009 for me, for sure, and probably GOTCentury, Naughty Dog, did another great job, Uncharted 1 was my favourite game to the date, now it lost the place, for it's sequel. BUY THIS GAME! Expand
  45. pg
    Dec 9, 2009
    No game has yet to reach the standards of Uncharted 2. The game is near perfect in every aspect.
  46. neofitoso
    Dec 9, 2009
    The best graphics ever and fantastic action.Perfect story.I never wanted this memorable game to end.This game is 10/10.MUST BUY.
  47. Val
    Dec 8, 2009
    One of the best games.. in fact, possibly THE best game ever made. The only disappointment is that it's a bit too short
  48. AlanD
    Dec 7, 2009
    Refines adventure games as Tomb Raider did back in 1996! A true masterpiece of a game!
  49. MatthewE
    Dec 6, 2009
    Possibly the best single-player gaming ever! The multiplayer gets almost as high marks. The vs mode is OK, but the co-op is friggin' sweet. Not perfect, but almost.
  50. BrettD
    Dec 4, 2009
    If you want to enjoy other games do not play this game. It will ruin every other game. The graphics on this game are possibly the best of this generation with the only competition coming from Killzone 2. The story is actually good compared to most of the tripe that gets passed off in other games. The controls are flawless especially when compared to AC2. This game isn't all hype like If you want to enjoy other games do not play this game. It will ruin every other game. The graphics on this game are possibly the best of this generation with the only competition coming from Killzone 2. The story is actually good compared to most of the tripe that gets passed off in other games. The controls are flawless especially when compared to AC2. This game isn't all hype like GTA4 it actually deserves the scores it has been getting. The best part is it's worth buying because the multi-player is the best experience out right now and that includes MW2. Expand
  51. LoonieR
    Dec 3, 2009
    One of the best games I've ever played! Story, voice acting, animation and gameplay is all brilliantly executed. What more can one ask for in a game?
  52. JoeB
    Nov 30, 2009
    Absolutely great. 1 problem with game the penalty for quitting in MP is too much esp if you lose connection
  53. JohnT.
    Nov 30, 2009
    This game looks BADASS. Haven't got a chance to play it yet but it sure does look awesome, it looks more like a video than a game where you control all these movements. Graphics are pretty, too. Sadly, it's not on the superior gaming platform (PC) :P so this knocks off 1 point.
  54. MrReeves
    Nov 30, 2009
    This game is awesome, it´s perfect! it´s what we´ve all been wating for on the ps3, I knew it was going to be good, but not THIS GOOD! The multiplayer is out of this world, I think I´ll be playing this for months!
  55. SpenokV
    Nov 29, 2009
    Simply one of the Best games i have ever played, on any platform, at any time. This goes up there with MGS4 and Zelda
  56. fashizzle
    Nov 29, 2009
    this game is awesome from the graphics to the storyline to the gunplay its insane and keeps you on your toes untill you finish the game
  57. DylanM
    Nov 28, 2009
    This is a all out amazing game. I've almost played through the entire thing, but let me tell you something, this game is worth that $60 rolling around in your wallet.
  58. BiosaberBiosaber
    Nov 24, 2009
    Words cannot describe how epic this masterpiece is. U mix Indiana Jones (peaunut butter) and Tomb Raider (chocolate) together and u have a revolutionary blockbuster that surpasses even Hollywood epics. This is truly the "Godfather" of gaming. From Crash Bandicoot all the way to this, Naughty Dog is one of the world's best game developers. Grab loads of popcorn, drinks, and lot of Words cannot describe how epic this masterpiece is. U mix Indiana Jones (peaunut butter) and Tomb Raider (chocolate) together and u have a revolutionary blockbuster that surpasses even Hollywood epics. This is truly the "Godfather" of gaming. From Crash Bandicoot all the way to this, Naughty Dog is one of the world's best game developers. Grab loads of popcorn, drinks, and lot of snacks and get ready for one of the best gaming experiences of ur life. Intense cinematics, high levels of action that surpasses the likes of Hollywood, and an epic plot with love and betrayal. Expand
  59. MSmith
    Nov 23, 2009
    Firstly I would like to clarify that my score of 8 is deliberately harsh. Uncharted 2 is a great game, certainly one of the best on the PS3. Having said that, my experience of the game was not the fault free, hyped experience that many people have had. The game is gorgeous and as close to a cinematic experience as any other game I've played. However, the cinematic nature of the game Firstly I would like to clarify that my score of 8 is deliberately harsh. Uncharted 2 is a great game, certainly one of the best on the PS3. Having said that, my experience of the game was not the fault free, hyped experience that many people have had. The game is gorgeous and as close to a cinematic experience as any other game I've played. However, the cinematic nature of the game makes it entirely linear. This is not a problem within itself but when you aren't doing EXACTLY what the game wants in certain scenarios it can lead to frustrating deaths. The checkpoint system is largely generous but there were a few instances towards the end of the game when frustrating sections need to be replayed often not at the players fault. The final boss fight was a huge disappointment and actually less enjoyable than the one from Uncharted 1. Ranked against other games this game would certainly get a 9 but certain issues cause unnecessary frustration and slightly tarnish this gem of a game. Expand
  60. RyanR
    Nov 21, 2009
    The best game out on any gaming console. The thing to keep in mind is that this masterpiece is PS3 exclusive(what else?). Best graphics, gameplay, story, replay value, and has the best themed music imaginable. This game is more than a 10/10. It's broken the boundry to an 11/10. Go Uncharted 2!
  61. EvanB.
    Nov 21, 2009
    The only game I have played to completion this year! Game of the Year for me, and best game on the Playstation 3!
  62. KaranG
    Nov 20, 2009
    This is, 100%, the second best game I have ever played (KOTOR still #1 ). There are very few games I would give a perfect 10/10, but as there is no 9.5 or .9.8 etc, Ill give it a 10. It truly deserves it. The single player campaign in just suberb. Its like playing a movie, but not in a bad way, its just that mind-blowingly realistic. The characters seem real, and Nathan Drake is now my This is, 100%, the second best game I have ever played (KOTOR still #1 ). There are very few games I would give a perfect 10/10, but as there is no 9.5 or .9.8 etc, Ill give it a 10. It truly deserves it. The single player campaign in just suberb. Its like playing a movie, but not in a bad way, its just that mind-blowingly realistic. The characters seem real, and Nathan Drake is now my favourite game protagonist. Hes the type of guy I would chill with, and Im sure everybody who has played can relate to that. And the female leads are also suberb, but I cant get into that without the comment being edited. The graphics are the best I have ever seen in a video game, and the animations are top-notch. The single player alone is worth the full price, even more. The full price plus the price of a movie ticket. The online is also suberb, but not something I will keep going back to. Single-Player has MORE than enough re playability for me to stick to that! Expand
  63. dtT22
    Nov 20, 2009
    uncharted 2 is the best game of 2009!! the graphics is great! the story is engaging!!!! this game should be in the top 5 ps3 games of all time, o wait, it is it rules!!!!! ill rate it 30 out of 10 but i was limited with 10 so ill give it a graet 10 out of 10!!!!!
  64. ThomasO.
    Nov 19, 2009
    Without a doubt, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is THE BEST GAME AVAILABLE on the PS3. Sony and Naughty Dog have easily made the best game of this current generation for now. U2: AT's awesomeness will be talked about for years to come. If you own a PS3, get this game. Don't own a PS3, BUY ONE TO PLAY IT!!!
  65. DominikJ
    Nov 17, 2009
    A well- polished set of mechanics, a cinematic thrill ride, and a surprisingly good multiplayer and coop feature make this a package that all PS3 users should try
  66. BoS
    Nov 17, 2009
    Absolutely the best game I have ever played and cannot put down. So refreshing feels like a new genre, in my opinion this game truly kicked off this generation. If you thought the first was good, you have no idea. Mad props to naughty dog! Hope to see a number 3 but wow I cant see how they can improve at all, one love....
  67. DanielH
    Nov 17, 2009
    This game is simply put, Outstanding! Uncharted 2 is without a doubt the PS3's best looking game. The campaign is very cinematic, at parts i could not tell if i was controlling Drake or not. My only problem with the game is that the cover system is a bit sticky online.
  68. AlexiS
    Nov 16, 2009
    Go PS3! Awesome job ND. I have only managed to play through half of the game because of all the work of senior year, but my experience so far has been great. The multi is awesome and I must say there aren't too many whiny middle schoolers to worry about. A - Friken - Mazing graphics! Xbox...I don't even have to say anything.
  69. TomA.
    Nov 15, 2009
    Very good addition to the ps3's library, but somewhat overhyped. I give the graphics a 10, the audio a 10, and the gameplay a 9, only because it can get frustrating at times, and there are too many annoying bugs. But overall a great game and a must buy for any ps3 owner.
  70. EdUARDOF
    Graphics: 10 Story: 95 Gameplay: 95 Overall: 10
  71. JoeD
    Nov 15, 2009
    This game is amazing in every way. Nonstop action, excellent plot, amazing cutscenes, and mind blowing graphics. This game deserves a 10/10. This is definitely the best game this generation.
  72. AndrewB
    Nov 14, 2009
    Naughty Dog are one of those companies that seem to make an great game everytime, and this time, even they have a truely outdone themself. Uncharted 2 is a game that beats the previous game in everyway imagineable. The single player is amazingly done and filled with memorable moments, they didn't even have to include the multiplayer, but man, I'm glad they did. Just like the Naughty Dog are one of those companies that seem to make an great game everytime, and this time, even they have a truely outdone themself. Uncharted 2 is a game that beats the previous game in everyway imagineable. The single player is amazingly done and filled with memorable moments, they didn't even have to include the multiplayer, but man, I'm glad they did. Just like the single player, it's filled with death defying gameplay and very enjoyable to play. As an overall package it's near perfection, easily Game of the Year and possibly one of the best games ever made. 96% Expand
  73. GeraldO
    Nov 14, 2009
    This is the best game ever made. Period. Plain and simple. Hands down. Okay... or a least close to it... ONE OF the best. Game of the Year without a doubt. Nothing released this year on any console can compare. The cinematic elements are what everybody's raving about, and they are right to rave, but the best part is the fact that Naughty Dog has incorporated so many different genres This is the best game ever made. Period. Plain and simple. Hands down. Okay... or a least close to it... ONE OF the best. Game of the Year without a doubt. Nothing released this year on any console can compare. The cinematic elements are what everybody's raving about, and they are right to rave, but the best part is the fact that Naughty Dog has incorporated so many different genres into an Adventure game. Uncharted 2 is an action-packed adventure game with platforming, puzzle solving, and third person shooter aspects rolled into one. It's fun, addictive, the multiplayer is awesome, and the story is amazing. Buy it... now. Expand
  74. AnthonyG
    Nov 14, 2009
    I have to give this game a 10. It reallly deserves it just with its single player. It did'nt need multiplayer but it's there and its fun too. If you have a PS3 BUY THIS GAME!
  75. steveh
    Nov 13, 2009
    Best game i've ever played. Cod mw2 doesn't even compare to UC2 . Should run away with GoTY but it won't, becuase there are too many fanboys out there.
  76. codenamezero
    Nov 13, 2009
    Solid game play and great story telling. I enjoy the multiplayer mode a lot especially the co-op, however i gave it a 9 because some part of the game aren't right, such as falling through world and getting stuck around the obstacles...
  77. MattB
    Nov 13, 2009
    This game is incredible. I honestly felt like I sat down and watched a ten hour long movie that I was immersed in. The graphics are amazing, rivaling the best, and the plot and gameplay just blew me out of the water. It has multiplayer, too! What more could you want? This is the best game I have ever played, flat out.
  78. AndrewC
    Nov 12, 2009
    First off Graphics: The best of this console generation. Only Arma 2 and Crysis can compare with this wonderful work of art! The story is off blockbuster movie quality and is genuinely a laugh from start to finish, it is absolutely breathtaking. I completed the game and then guess what I did? Yep that's right, started all over again. The multiplayer ain't half bad either ;)
  79. rockyRoger
    Nov 12, 2009
    perfect game,perfect gameplay. grafically gorgeous.level design top notch. best game of this generation.
  80. Maxj
    Nov 12, 2009
    AWESOME! best game of this generation. graphics,gameplay,story,level design, multiplayer, are all perfect!Naughty dog has set the bar very very higher among the other developers.GOTY 2009.
  81. daniellopez
    Nov 12, 2009
    A MASTERPICE wow just wow cannot miss this game if u are a true gamer GET IT just GET IT it wont dissapoint nd u are amazing devs cannot thank u enough for this not since re4 have i been so engrossed in a game
  82. MattL
    Nov 11, 2009
    Greatest game ever to be created. Simple as that. I mean come on, who doesnt secretly have a crush on Nathan Drake? Its like the ultimate Indiana Jones film (Raiders) mixed with Gears of War gunplay and Tomb Raider esque platforming and styling. The story is the greatest you'll ever come across, and the motion capturing and voice acting make every scene look like a movie, except this Greatest game ever to be created. Simple as that. I mean come on, who doesnt secretly have a crush on Nathan Drake? Its like the ultimate Indiana Jones film (Raiders) mixed with Gears of War gunplay and Tomb Raider esque platforming and styling. The story is the greatest you'll ever come across, and the motion capturing and voice acting make every scene look like a movie, except this is a movie you will constantly want to watch. Expand
  83. DanielSG-17
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is hands down the best game that I have ever played in my entire life! Even better than Super Mario Bros 3!
  84. EliJ.
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ha, greatest 3rd person shooter since resident evil 4, and the greatest story line since bioshock. You can definitely tell that xbox fanboys just commented on this game and gave it a zero without even playing it. Cant let anything ps3 be any good can you xbox humpers? ha its just too funny. Honestly, if its a good game give it a good score. Jesus its like you guys are 5 years old. Ha, greatest 3rd person shooter since resident evil 4, and the greatest story line since bioshock. You can definitely tell that xbox fanboys just commented on this game and gave it a zero without even playing it. Cant let anything ps3 be any good can you xbox humpers? ha its just too funny. Honestly, if its a good game give it a good score. Jesus its like you guys are 5 years old. Uncharted 2 blew my mind and splattered it all over my Ps3. Expand
  85. nm
    Nov 11, 2009
    Great game, not much to say but ain't feeling to well so don't really have the patience to do a full review but this game is great...
  86. DannyM
    Nov 11, 2009
    absolutely awesome, the game of the decade. scratch that, its the best game of all time!! its an essential purchase, its the best game you will ever play, trust me, its got everything, get it!!
  87. ReeceL
    Nov 11, 2009
    This game is amazing, what more can be said. Superb graphics, gameplay, and a mindblowing story and musical score.
  88. AgnerS
    Nov 10, 2009
    One of the best games I've ever played and easily one of the top games of this generation. The story, graphics, and gameplay while not flawless are still the best to date on any console. Looking forward to the next uncharted and whatever else the industry has for us over the next few years. Multiple player is also great and I hope ND keeps supporting it for many months to come. A One of the best games I've ever played and easily one of the top games of this generation. The story, graphics, and gameplay while not flawless are still the best to date on any console. Looking forward to the next uncharted and whatever else the industry has for us over the next few years. Multiple player is also great and I hope ND keeps supporting it for many months to come. A must have title in anyone's library. Expand
  89. AdamF
    Nov 10, 2009
    Initially renting this game, days after release, I was stunned. Never before had a game been so successful in immersing me into the story line than Uncharted 2. Building off of a great cast from Drake's Fortune, the actors are all back, with some new faces too. Going head first into the story mode is the best decision for you in this game, for you will experience much from beginning Initially renting this game, days after release, I was stunned. Never before had a game been so successful in immersing me into the story line than Uncharted 2. Building off of a great cast from Drake's Fortune, the actors are all back, with some new faces too. Going head first into the story mode is the best decision for you in this game, for you will experience much from beginning to end. I actually found myself playing this game three times through to find all the collectibles, and achieving all awards to gain money for cheats. Once you feel the story mode loses it's thrill, you won't be unsatisfied with the highly addictive online modes. Variants of popular shooter matches, like death match, capture the flag, or elimination will keep you busy for months to come. The co-op is also a blast to play, but although it only sticks to three missions, they stick to the story very well. Along with a store to purchase goods like costumes, perks, and co-op weapon upgrades, which add a very deep feel to the online. So all-in-all, the shooting is great, the graphics are great, the acting is great, and everything else is great. This game raises the bar in so many ways, and it never ceases to surprise. Expand
  90. JACKL
    Nov 10, 2009
    Absolutley the best! won't put the controller down it is orgasmic! buy buy buy this game if you don't own it, best graphics, gameplay, and best story since Zelda! Orgasmic!
  91. GeorgiG
    Nov 10, 2009
    The game is stunningly cinematic but at the same time very immersive. The graphics and level design are top notch. Loved the multiplayer and will definitely continue playing it.
  92. emanueles
    Nov 10, 2009
    spettacolare... un piacere da guardare e giocare,e si gode a pieno l'avventura.. peccato che poi finisce! pieno l'avventura .. Peccato Che poi finisca !
  93. spyrewolf
    Nov 9, 2009
    this game was truly amazing, it really shows what the ps3 is capable of and naughty dog knocked this out of the park, every aspect of the game was flawless, not only is it beautiful to look at but the voice acting, story and pacing are tight! great game!
  94. JamesA.
    Nov 9, 2009
    Up there with Resident Evil 4, Bioshock, and Final Fantasy 7 as one of the greatest games i ever played.
  95. Chasyboy
    Nov 9, 2009
    Uncharted 2 starts off brilliant, very well done, great suspence, unexpected surprises around most corners, story is better than the original, which was also good. Straight into the action brilliant!! the way it should be. The enemies AI was much better than Killszone 2, which is one of the best around, the various enemies coming at you at the same time was awesome at times am sure Uncharted 2 starts off brilliant, very well done, great suspence, unexpected surprises around most corners, story is better than the original, which was also good. Straight into the action brilliant!! the way it should be. The enemies AI was much better than Killszone 2, which is one of the best around, the various enemies coming at you at the same time was awesome at times am sure you'll agree. I really enjoyed that side to this game. Headshot practice on a moving enemy is very hard, but such is what makes it a great game. On the other hand, what I thought was not so good was the yeti's who jumped around and never seemed to feel any the headshots I pumped into them, just smacking me around alot. The first game also had a crazy bit in it with alien type characters too which was strange and frustrating. The gunfights were tremendous at times, as were the train levels, with attacking helicoptors and bad guys everywhere. The chase scene up the mountains revealed some tremendous crashes and explosions. I sometimes was stalling just to take in the views lol. I, like most waited for this game for a long time and was mostly impressed by everything except until I was being chased around, the controls were harder to control, sometimes I was dying after jumping the wrong way to what I wanted Drake to jump? Was it just me or was it the same for you? The high mountain graphics were totally awesome, although better control of Drake during intense chase and fight scenes would be better than running into walls and unable to move, which happened to me on a couple of occassions. I would have given it a 10 if the close control of the character was more like Lara Croft games. Can't wait for the next instalment though if its anything like this, until then, see you online.... Expand
  96. JoshB
    Nov 8, 2009
    The best game this console generation. A definitive experience which dwarfs the brilliant Killzone 2 and the superb Call of Duty 4. The action is intense and difficult, but gripping and fun as well. The single player is the best I have ever played, and mulitplayer, whilst lacking the depth of Call of Duty 4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and others, remains as the most balanced experience to The best game this console generation. A definitive experience which dwarfs the brilliant Killzone 2 and the superb Call of Duty 4. The action is intense and difficult, but gripping and fun as well. The single player is the best I have ever played, and mulitplayer, whilst lacking the depth of Call of Duty 4, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and others, remains as the most balanced experience to date, with variety in gameplay styles, great maps, numerous 'boosters', characters to play as, and people will be playing this for a very long time. A landmark achievement, anybody who doesn't own this game is missing out. Buy buy buy! Expand
  97. PeterP
    Nov 7, 2009
    Unbelievable. I never thought I could play a game that captured my attention like Metal Gear Solid 4 did, and this one really did it.
  98. anonymous
    Nov 7, 2009
    This game is perfect. Story, gameplay, balance, graphics.. To the point I'm feeling sad because of completing it :) An absolute must have for anyone even remotely into gaming (on any platform). Don't miss this gem
  99. WilliamB
    Nov 7, 2009
    Graphics are great, storyline is solid, but overall not that fun to play and the online it a real let down. Final boss battle is an improvement over the originals, but still needs to be less linear and more exciting.
  100. MarinaM.
    Nov 6, 2009
    Absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that the platforming is too linear, but other than that, Uncharted 2 is THE GAME of 2009. Do yourself a favor and buy this game NOW. Don't wait till the price drops; seriously, it's that good. On a side note, for those who haven't played the first one, I recommend playing that first though if you just want to skip to the sequel Absolutely amazing. My only complaint is that the platforming is too linear, but other than that, Uncharted 2 is THE GAME of 2009. Do yourself a favor and buy this game NOW. Don't wait till the price drops; seriously, it's that good. On a side note, for those who haven't played the first one, I recommend playing that first though if you just want to skip to the sequel everything still makes sense, you just miss out on a few jokes. Expand

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.