Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Jun 25, 2016
    Oo good to be a game! Great script and topnotch directing. Almost everything is the way it should be, though some of the supernatural tanks feel like a chore to kill. Loved the quiet pacing at times. Graphics are breath taking!
  2. Jun 19, 2016
    Não há palavras para o quanto a Naughty Dog conseguiu se superar neste jogo em relação ao primeiro da franquia. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves consegue com perfeição trazer todos os pontos positivos do primeiro titulo, consertar com maestria todos os negativos, trazer gráficos extremamente bem trabalhados e ainda inserir isto tudo em um ótimo enredo.
  3. Jun 17, 2016
    I didn't enjoy it as much as the first, mainly due to a couple levels that I disliked. Other than that, a great game with good challenges and actual worthwhile story and cut scenes.
  4. Jun 5, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is a must for anyone with a Playstation 3, especially considering the cult classic the game has achieved. The gameplay is tight and responsive, the story quirky and fresh despite being rather linear. The voice acting is some of the top acting I've seen in video games even recently (Resident Evil I'm looking at you). Despite this, the game's antagonist Lazaravic is very 2D in comparison to the bright and vivid characters of Nathan and his crew. The final battle is boring and repetitive, especially considering the set pieces prior to this of the train and helicopter chase and the building falling. The suspense and charm of the first game seems to have dissipated into a focus on tighter gameplay and story, which is not a bad thing at al but just loses some of the Uncharted fair the first one brought to the table. Overall, it is a fantastic game despite a few "charm" flaws. If you're a new gamer looking for an introduction or really interested in cinematic's and plot developments of video games, this is the game for you. Expand
  5. Jun 1, 2016
    The best of the first 3 games in the series. This has been an awesome experience. The end is one of the toughest i have seen so far amongst most games but will provide a sense of satisfaction once you complete!
  6. May 23, 2016
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the most action-packed game i have ever played. It has a great story, great characters, and great action. Everything you want from a game is right here.
  7. May 19, 2016
    A truly innovative masterpiece that is already considered a classic.

+ Gorgeous Visuals (for 2009)
    + Silky Smooth Third Person Gameplay
    + Riveting Story with Some of gaming's best characters
    + Beautiful OST

- VERY RARE unfair deaths

- RARE unfair deaths

8. May 16, 2016
    Innovative gameplay, amazing characters and well-structured story that leave you wanting more. Also a good and balanced multiplayer mode. Best of the series
  9. May 12, 2016
    This game is amazing.The best ps3 game among with the last of us. Every people who play video games should buy this master piece. You will not regreit.
  10. May 5, 2016
    Uncharted 2 builds upon what Drake's Fortune established and gives us even MORE awesome adventurous gameplay, another really intriguing story (which is much longer also) and loads of memorable moments. A definitive adventure if ever there was one.
  11. Apr 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After picking up the nathan drake series for the ps4, I am replaying the uncharted series in anticipation of uncharted 4. From all the uncharted games I have played, this is my favorite.

Overall its a huge improvement from uncharted 1. Gunplay is better, they introduced some new elements to combat and there are a few more enemy types than the previous game. The gun play was alot of fun. Platforming has been improved and there arent as many fustrating deaths as the first game. Some of the puzzles in this game had excellent platforming and i was amazed at the level of creativity the designers put into some of the more complex puzzles. The puzzles themselves were quite simple to solve, but the complex ones were really a blast to get through (get ready for some smart climbing and wall jumping). Its obvious that alot of effort has gone into this game, from the research that went into developing the levels (for the tibet section they had staff visit nepal so they could help make the places feel more authentic in the games), to the excellent camera angles which help the player be even more immersed in this action packed game. It seemed even the most simplest of jumps had a surprise in store for the player. Drake handled much smoother than the previous uncharted game and the graphics of this game still look fantastic till today. I was also glad that there were more places that we went to, unlike the first game which seemed to always be in some random jungle.

The most fun i had in this game were during the set pieces which were action packed and a joy to play. I.e. helicopter chasing you in the city, fighting your way through a train, and the tank in the village in the mountains. Drakes humor during these scenes are a laugh. To me, the game fulfilled being an action adventure which had me engaged in the action as if itbwas an action movie I was playing. The story and characters are great. Yes sometimes the story seems a little far fetched in areas (the secret city of shambala not ever being spotted by a plane?) And one of the levels i really didnt like (convoy), but these are very minor issues. A superb effort and a must play for any gamer.
  12. Apr 18, 2016
    Las segundas partes son las peores, pues no siempre.

La nueva entrega de la saga Uncharted tardó 4 años en salir a la luz, y el tiempo invertido se ve reflejado en el resultado final de esta obra. Normalmente intento no caer en el clásico compara el juego con el anterior de la saga y los típicos etc que son tan comunes hoy en día de ver por Internet. Solo cumpliré con decir que el
    Las segundas partes son las peores, pues no siempre.

Normalmente intento no caer en el clásico compara el juego con el anterior de la saga y los típicos etc que son tan comunes hoy en día de ver por Internet. Solo cumpliré con decir que el segundo título de la franquicia supera en todos los aspectos al primer juego.

El que haya jugado Uncharted 2 recordará haber experimentado uno de los comienzos más épicos de un vídeo juego, la escalada por un tren que se precipita hacia el fondo de un precipicio y está en nosotros escalar verticalmente cada uno de los vagones antes de que el tren caiga al vacío.

Nuevamente controlamos a nuestro protagonista Nathan Drake acompañado del infaltante Sully. Además en esta ocasión la chica de turno es Chloe Frazer la cual es una cazadora de tesoros igual que Drake. Ahora la historia se centrará en seguir la pista a los pasos del reconocido Marco Polo por lo que la aventura se desarrollará en diversos puntos del planeta.

También se incluyó un apartado de multi jugador online y local, si bien este componente no es la razón de hacerse con esta obra, es sin duda un añadido llamativo que no resta a la experiencia de juego. Una vez más los apartados técnicos del juego son más que destacables y su sistema de juego ha mejorado mucho pero se siente que aun no esta al nivel de otros juegos del mismo genero.

Finalmente este es la obra que eleva a la franquicia a lo que ahora es y si tienes la ocasión SI O SI DEBES jugarlo, es probablemente uno de los títulos más importantes de la pasada generación y no lo puedes pasar por alto.
  13. Apr 16, 2016
    After playing the piece of **** game that was Uncharted 1 my expectations for this game were very low, thankfully i was wrong and Uncharted 2 is not only a huge, HUGE, HUGE!!! improvement over the last game, but it's also one of the best adventure games i have ever played.

STORY: You start hanging on a train, you avoid death and then it goes into a flashback. After getting enormous treasure at the end of Uncharted 1, Nathan is just minding his own business when suddenly an old friend of his called Flynn offers Nathan a new "job" which consists of getting a treasure of Marco Polo in a museum with the help of a girl called Chloe. Eventually they do just that and find a treasure map that leads to Shambhala and the Cintamani stone, but after hearing this Flynn betrays Nathan and makes it so Nathan gets captured. Sully and Chloe get Nathan out of prison and now it's a race to see who gets the stone first. This story has a much more Indiana Jones type of feel and i love for that.

PRESENTATION: Graphics are greatly improved with more colors, better models, physics, textures, lighting effects, animations and shaders, but the eyes look weird and sometimes the human models look like they're made with plastic, but aside from that there's i have nothing to complain about.

Same goes for the music, since it's more memorable than last time and it fits the situation perfectly.

The game runs at 720p and 30fps, but with this level of detail...i feel is justified (unlike the first game).

Overall a great presentation and if i had to nitpick about it...well i did found 3 glitches in my 10 hour playthrough...that's it.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 2 not only fixes every problem i had with the first game in this aspect, but it also adds some new stuff to make this a far better game.

First of all the parkour system has been improved. Now you can move in a 3D environment while climbing, rather than just pushing X a few times to get from point A to point B on a wall. You can climb by hanging on the roofs and you can shoot while...well...climbing. You can also switch from from side to side by pressing X and you can drop down to hang on another things. The parkour system is more interesting and fun this time around thanks to all this improvements.

Aiming is a lot more precise and less loose. The cover mechanic is a lot more well done, you can switch from place to place immediately while covering by pressing O while holding the analog stick and if you sneak up on a enemy, you can silently take them out with the square button. And if you do that you can steal from them a bunch weapons like some guns or grenades, that now have their own button (or trigger if you consider is on L2), which makes them a lot more convenient to use and if you press the trigger by error, just push up on the D-pad to cancel it.

Melee combat is a lot faster, but still very simple. You just mash the Square button until they die and if they attack you you can press Triangle to dodge and counterattack...umm...that sounds familiar...Batman Arkham Asylum anyone?. Nah but to be fair both titles did came out the same year, but Batman did came out 2 months earlier. If you defeat some enemies with the melee combat they will give their items, like riot shields or whatever.

There's a lot of weapons in this game and surprisingly i found myself switching from weapon to weapon (especially at the later part of the game). Checkpoints are really abundant and fair. The quick time events are still here and they are used just like in God of War, to solve puzzles, push this, see this, see that, etc. The game has some awesome set pieces that get you so pumped and it's just...ugh so epic. And the puzzles are still easy, but more creative.

The game has incredible variety, sometimes you do puzzles, sometimes you shoot with cover, sometimes you shoot without cover, or while carrying someone, or shooting while climbing, or shooting solo, or shooting with 2-4 panthers, or running away while shooting or other times without shooting, really the differences in kind are all over the place.

The partners this time get a lot more attention this time. And don't worry the AI works very well and heck they can even kill enemies. Sometimes you need them to get over that or drop something to go up, and it's really useful and fun.

The only negative thing i can say is that there's a lack of bosses in this game, but i will say that this game final boss is a lot better compared to the mindless and boring quick time event boss we got last time.

I don't know if i made it clear at this point, but Uncharted 2 is an incredible game. While the first game was just a big disappointment, this...this is what you call a great sequel and a great game overall and with improved mechanics like parkour, melee and shooting, great graphics, music, variety, more colors and just being outright fun. Uncharted 2 gets a 10/10 a must have for the PS3 and if the frame rate and resolution really bothers you, play it on PS4.
  14. Apr 16, 2016
    This game is fantastic! This game was my introduction into the series, and now I am a super fan of the series. Everything about this game is amazing. The multiplayer is good, the story is great, and the gameplay and set pieces are a ton of fun. The only problem is the replay value, but replaying is still a lot of fun, with a the treasures you can find.

Overall this game is a 9.5/10

+ Fun Story
    + Great Multiplayer
    + Chloe Frazer
  16. Apr 14, 2016
    2я часть великой серии, что можно сказать....игра великолепна во всем! Невероятно красивые локации, интересные загадки, изумительный сюжет, великолепная механика стрельбы, разнообразие локаций и много других аспектов сделанных по высочайшему качеству. Из минусов только последняя битва с боссом, не идет Uncharted битвы с боссами...2я часть великой серии, что можно сказать....игра великолепна во всем! Невероятно красивые локации, интересные загадки, изумительный сюжет, великолепная механика стрельбы, разнообразие локаций и много других аспектов сделанных по высочайшему качеству. Из минусов только последняя битва с боссом, не идет Uncharted битвы с боссами...
  17. Apr 12, 2016
    Simplemente espectacular, te deja con la boca abierta y no puedes cerrarla, la atención al detalle se agradece muchísimo y la ambientación es totalmente auténtica, aunque el boss final no está a la altura del juego
  18. Apr 11, 2016
    this is the best game this gen i have just beat the games and it's amazing it was about 14 hours for me i really take my time to find all the tres i def say get this game if you have a ps3 if you dont get a ps3 and get this game.
  19. Apr 9, 2016
    Just started playing this game on a PS3 that I bought for dirt cheap. Game cost me less than $2 used. So far, one of my favorite all time video game experiences next to TLOU. Incredible graphics, animation, story and cut scenes. I like how they connected the cutscenes with the action so you feel pulled into playing an Indiana Jones style movie game. My only complaint really is the gameJust started playing this game on a PS3 that I bought for dirt cheap. Game cost me less than $2 used. So far, one of my favorite all time video game experiences next to TLOU. Incredible graphics, animation, story and cut scenes. I like how they connected the cutscenes with the action so you feel pulled into playing an Indiana Jones style movie game. My only complaint really is the game controls can be a wee bit touchy and one slight mistake will have Drake fall off a cliff or die. Game is VERY DIFFICULT even in the easy modes. Also, aiming and shooting controls need more work. Puzzles were not bad and interesting. Overall a master piece of game design and tons of fun! Very addicting too. The treasures are too difficult to find and I missed a bunch of them because I had to choose between killing bad guys and finishing the story or spending hours locating treasures in obscure areas. Still, a fun game and next to TLOU, Batman Arkham City, Assassins Creed Revelations the best games period. I will buy a used PS4 in few years to try the new upcoming Uncharted. Expand
  20. Mar 31, 2016
    There are many things that make this game great that you simply can't see by viewing some gameplay footage. naughty dog does an incredible job at making the characters in this game feel human and vulnerable. They achieve this through the smallest details, for example, when you are playing as Nathan Drake in the game, those moments when you are leaping across towards a ledge off a crumblingThere are many things that make this game great that you simply can't see by viewing some gameplay footage. naughty dog does an incredible job at making the characters in this game feel human and vulnerable. They achieve this through the smallest details, for example, when you are playing as Nathan Drake in the game, those moments when you are leaping across towards a ledge off a crumbling building just to barely grab the ledge by your fingertips and have that ledge collapse and cause Nathan to swing his arms wildly to grab whatever is near by causes a sense of urgency that exists in the shoot outs and plat forming bits. and as you sit there dangling by a pole hundreds of feet from the ground you worry for Nathan's safety. the writing is so good and makes the characters feel human and real, and are so entertaining. the enormous set pieces and action sequences made me go "wow" and I can not think of another game that has done these kinds of sequences better. the gameplay is simple but works well because the enemy AI will challenge you by making you actually take good use of cover and think on the spot as they try to distract you with gunfire while there friends slowly creeping up to flank you. the plot is fun and works, but what really makes it stand out is the writing and characters. the only thing I can say bad about the game is there are moments of down time that are a little to long, I understand that there needs to be some down time but some of these sections can be a little boring and take you out of the game as you wish for a cut scene to entertain you instead of the gameplay at some of these parts, some of the puzzles feel a little unnecessary as well, but are never hard. I forgot to mention how memorable the opening sequence is, the only other opening sequence to top it is by another naughty dog game in the last of us that I can think of. love this game, but has some sections in it that really slow down the game, without those moments this game would truly be perfect. Expand
  21. Mar 14, 2016
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the absolute pinnacle of cinematic, action game play. From the moment Nathan Drake wakes up in a train hanging off a cliff in the Himalayan mountains to the epic conclusion set in the heart of an ancient Nepali city, the stakes are high and the story is engrossing. There are few game experiences like this one; hands down the best game of 2009.
  22. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  23. Feb 21, 2016
    This game defines "gaming" and "experience" it 's absolutely wonderful it's an experience of unforgettable moments loving characters and fantastic storytelling if you grew up with this game like i did you know what this game means to you it's an unbelievable achievement to adventure games it is a masterpiece it is a GAME.
  24. Feb 20, 2016
    It`s not often that a game makes you speechless for about 30 minutes after finishing it. Uncharted 2 however was one of those games. This is tied with The Last Of Us as one of the best stories to a game i have ever played as it makes you feel like the characters are real. The opening sequence to this game is like no other as it keeps you on the edge of your seat for the whole segment. TheIt`s not often that a game makes you speechless for about 30 minutes after finishing it. Uncharted 2 however was one of those games. This is tied with The Last Of Us as one of the best stories to a game i have ever played as it makes you feel like the characters are real. The opening sequence to this game is like no other as it keeps you on the edge of your seat for the whole segment. The humor in this game is also actually really good as it genuinely made me laugh more than I thought it would. Characters such as Flynn and Lazarovic make for fantastic villains in the game and they are definitely memorable. Combat has been massively improved from Drakes Fortune along with the graphics. If you are one of those people who went from Xbox 360 to PS4 and did not get to play this game then i recommend that you buy the Nathan Drake collection as it features all 3 of the Uncharted games. Trust me your are missing out if you don`t play this masterpiece. Expand
  25. Feb 2, 2016
    This game is not only an enriched version of its predecessor, but it also goes very well with the storyline of the franchise. It's a wild ride, and the journey uncharted 2 will take you on is incredible! Fantastic game.
  26. Jan 10, 2016
    +great gameplay
    +fanstastic level design and set pieces
    +great pacing
    +covershooting sections have lots of variety and never come even close to feeling as dull as the first one did at points
    +good puzzles
    +impressive visuals
    +entertaining story
    -guns still do feel like your firing from airsoft guns
  27. Dec 15, 2015
    This game is amazing is like a game/movie I'm totally amaze how well done was the entire dialogues, yeah some are "cliche" but overall it's great game! this game is non stop action game you don't know what will be happen next? Highly recommended this type of game! Definitely naughty dog did a great franchise!
  28. Nov 30, 2015
    Game: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony System: Playstation 3 (PS3) Total Score: 95/100 Value Score: 9.5/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +The story and length is overall longer than the
    Game: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony
    System: Playstation 3 (PS3)
    Total Score: 95/100

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +The story and length is overall longer than the first game
    +There are more different types of locations in this game than the first game
    +Difficulty has been ramped up with more enemies and hazards taking place in the battle field
    +The puzzles are as amazing as the first game and also further expands them into more complex puzzles of different types
    +GOTY edition consists of many MP skins, items, etc
    +Collecting treasures and ranking up achievements give you money you can use to purchase skins, weapons and tweaks for the game
    +Visual design has heavily improved since the last game
    +The ability to replay any chapter at any time is available again
    +There is multiplayer modes now for competitive online

Cons
    -To get skins - you will need to finish the main campaign at least once
  29. Nov 18, 2015
    Among Thieves exceeded the hype in my mind, it immerses you in this incredibly detailed and lush environment, seamlessly bouncing you back and forth from gameplay to breathtaking cinematic wonder, and most often, combines them both at the same time. Just the attention to detail is astounding. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could give this review justice but you should just see forAmong Thieves exceeded the hype in my mind, it immerses you in this incredibly detailed and lush environment, seamlessly bouncing you back and forth from gameplay to breathtaking cinematic wonder, and most often, combines them both at the same time. Just the attention to detail is astounding. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could give this review justice but you should just see for yourself! You will not regret this purchase one bit, the multiplayer is even fun! If you own a PS3 and don't have this game, then you should sell your PS3. Expand
  30. Nov 8, 2015
    Near perfect game. If you own a ps3 or a ps4 (remaster) pick it up and play it. Controls are tight, story is great, set pieces are great. just a good all round game
  31. Nov 1, 2015
    This game is fantastic and an amazing sequel. Better graphics, different location, almost the same gameplay but still as great as the original, in my opinion better than the original, but not by much, still this is a must buy.
  32. Sep 30, 2015
    I just recomend this game....when i bought it I was just amayzed by the graphcs and the shooter phisics,this game blew my mind...please people buy this game.
  33. Sep 11, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the entire series is perfect. From the story itself after play. Everything works as expected. Absolute duty to all PS3 players because this game is why buy a gaming console. Expand
  34. Sep 6, 2015
    - Beautiful scenarios;
    - Gameplay;
    - Multiplayer;

Nothing;

GOTY 2009 and one of the best PS3 and 7th generation game.
  35. Aug 21, 2015
    this game shows awesome graphic tech, but as i am a pc gamer, the 30 fps is horrible experience. and i am unhappy with that main character never be shoted by enemy.
  36. Aug 17, 2015
    Uncharted 2 has amazing story and gameplay, which I favour instead of graphics. But graphics is also very much realistic, so it is just a bonus. Video games should be made like this one, and considered that this is a sequel, and better than its predecessor as well, I have only words of praise for this masterpiece.
  37. Aug 15, 2015
    A blast to play. The music is fantastic. The cinematic elements are stunning. Out of the three console Uncharted games, Uncharted 2 has the perfect balance of shooting and parkour elements. I also love the ability to choose to do a shoot-out or use stealth to take out the enemies. The only flaw I saw was the lack of Sully in the story. Overall, anybody with a PS3 should play this game.
  38. Aug 15, 2015
    I can't believe how much I disliked Uncharted 1 yet loved Uncharted 2. They did everything right with U2 compared to U1. The soundtrack is amazing, so are the graphics, the story is solid Hollywood action-flick, the characters are great. But then comes the gameplay and I don't know how but it was so much better than Uncharted 1. 9/10
  39. Jul 30, 2015
    Pretty good game but, frankly, I'm a bit surprised by all the glowing reviews. The dialogue is just sort of generic, corny banter and the story is a bit ludicrous. The graphics in this game are incredible, and really where it sets itself apart in the generation. I dunno, maybe there's something I'm not getting, but to me it's a solid 8. I mean, if The Last of Us is a 10 (which I definitelyPretty good game but, frankly, I'm a bit surprised by all the glowing reviews. The dialogue is just sort of generic, corny banter and the story is a bit ludicrous. The graphics in this game are incredible, and really where it sets itself apart in the generation. I dunno, maybe there's something I'm not getting, but to me it's a solid 8. I mean, if The Last of Us is a 10 (which I definitely think it is), this game is nowhere near a perfect score. Expand
  40. Jul 7, 2015
    I didn't think they could follow up the first game but this one has an even larger scope. Multiplayer wasn't needed in this title however. The world is immersive with new locales and mysteries and great characters that I never want to see go away. They have wrung out every ounce of power out of the PS3 and result is incredible. A must have if you enjoy this style of game.
  41. SAV
    Jun 29, 2015
    Dopo un ottimo primo capitolo la Naughty Dog ha realizzato un seguito che può definirsi con una parola sola: CAPOLAVORO. Uncharted 2: Il Covo dei Ladri é un gioco meraviglioso, graficamente lodevole e capace di divertire come non mai grazie ad un gameplay riuscitissimo fatto di sequenze action degne delle migliori pellicole hollywoodiane. Strepitoso anche nelle musiche e nella recitazioneDopo un ottimo primo capitolo la Naughty Dog ha realizzato un seguito che può definirsi con una parola sola: CAPOLAVORO. Uncharted 2: Il Covo dei Ladri é un gioco meraviglioso, graficamente lodevole e capace di divertire come non mai grazie ad un gameplay riuscitissimo fatto di sequenze action degne delle migliori pellicole hollywoodiane. Strepitoso anche nelle musiche e nella recitazione dei personaggi, Uncharted 2 coinvolge il giocatore in un'avventura immensamente avvincente della durata di una quindicina d'ore. Ben fatta anche la divertente modalità multiplayer online. Expand
  42. Jun 27, 2015
    Out of the three so far, this one is definitely the more great game. The graphics are excellent, the story is excellent, the action is perfect, not too hard, not too easy. If you haven't played any of the series, or if you've played the first one (I'm sorry....) I would certainly recommend this game to anyone. Also would recommend Uncharted 3. Would not recommend the first one.
  43. Jun 11, 2015
    This Game Is one of the greatest games ive ever played man never mind all of those xbox fanboys giving this game a 0 out of 10 cause they never played this game so lets start the review
    Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is amazing with a great story, great graphics, great characters, amazing gameplay. this is one of the reasons why Naughty Dog is the king of the PS3, i promise you this game is amazing this is a must buy but hey i might write a FULL REVIEW of this game so guys this is one of the greatest games of all time no excuses buy this game now!
  44. Jun 4, 2015
    One of the best, if not the best game to come out on the PS3. Excellent story, fun dialog, and interesting characters. If they made a game centered around Chloe Frazer, it would blow Tomb Raider out of the water. Voice acting is top notch as well. I would recommend this game to an PS3 owner, and soon, PS4. It'll be great to play through this game again.
  45. May 22, 2015
    The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game,The greatest game I've ever played. After playing the decent Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I really had no interest in this game. The jungle setting in the first bored me, and ever since, I hate jungle settings. However, Uncharted 2 brought a globe-trotting adventure. It was flat out amazing. The gameplay was improved in many ways, the multiplayer was the most fun I've had in any game, and the game had so many reasons to keep coming back. The best of the series. Expand
  46. May 22, 2015
    there is one word to describe this game and that is epic played this non-stop immediately after i got and it solidified itself into my top 25 games of all time controls are tight , story is one of the best iv'e seen to sum it up this game is basically the game equivalent of Skyfall and the multiplayer rivals even halo 2's.
  47. May 20, 2015
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they madeUncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they made a lot of improvements from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. There are no loading times either. Playing through the game again after a few years was a really nostalgic experience. I especially loved how the enemies became tougher and tougher towards the end. This is a basic video game gimmick, but in this game it was really fun part of the game.

10/10 no question!
  48. May 1, 2015
    Demonstrates the same dynamism of the first game, but much more refined and action scenes eye-popping, that in fact, much better than very Hollywood action movie.
  49. Apr 26, 2015
    Let me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, butLet me just get this out of the way, I thought this was a fantastic game. I really do, but don't trust these people saying it's one of the best games of all time. They obviously haven't played many games. The fighting and action I would rank amongst some of the best games, but the rest of it felt pretty bland if it wasn't for the characters humorous banter. Definitely worth getting, but please don't fanboy over it. Expand
  50. Apr 26, 2015
    This is a landmark game in the history of video games. Not only because its exceedingly extreme quality, but this game has single-handedly won the PS3 in the console war against 360. PS3 was so hopelessly woeful in 2006-2008 and 360 is the obvious way to go. But this game is the decisive turning point. It's like Battle of Midway or Stalingrad of WW2 in terms of 7th generation console war.This is a landmark game in the history of video games. Not only because its exceedingly extreme quality, but this game has single-handedly won the PS3 in the console war against 360. PS3 was so hopelessly woeful in 2006-2008 and 360 is the obvious way to go. But this game is the decisive turning point. It's like Battle of Midway or Stalingrad of WW2 in terms of 7th generation console war. After this game, PS3 is the choice of platform for the 7th generation until its end in 2013. Expand
  51. Apr 8, 2015
    Uncharted 2 was a game that long I haven't carefully considered, as well as the first chapter. But when I played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I realized what I was missing and how was valiant and beautiful the saga created by Naughty Dog for PlayStation 3.

In facts Uncharted 2, despite I've played and finished the one before, introduced itself as something totally new. It was a third-person shooter with free-climbing mechanical and an advanced covering system, yes, but it had something different. Sure, at first, what left me stunned was graphics: perfect; 10 out of 10. Characters, settings and everything else was magnificent. Already the first chapter had shown the potential of PS3, but Uncharted 2 pushed to the limit the console by touching levels beyond the standards.

Particularly beautiful were the melee fights, shootings, driving sequences powered by a fluidity and a frenzy that I had never seen before. All the gameplay it's been improved from the first Uncharted, and it's been led to much higher levels. Beautiful was the part on the train, made impeccably and practically perfect. Maybe the puzzles were not so great, but for sure they were fun and nice. And then a great plot, inspired by the adventures of Indiana Jones and the travels of Marco Polo, which was really nice and took me to push me from one place to the other in the world, making live to the protagonist, Nathan Drake (and also me, of course) a really great adventure.

From the jungles of Borneo, to the mountain ranges of the Himalayas. From tibetan villages to the beautiful Shangri-La. And it's been a really long journey because this game was so long that at some point it gave me a sensation something like "It is not over, yet?", and it is important to remember it. Yes, Uncharted 2 was a great adventure, a journey metaphor of life, full of historical implications and great cinematographic twists, adding the fantasy gimmicks as supernatural beings and occult. Good was also the humor typical of the series that never fails, even in cases more desperate.

The good guys of Naughty Dog did it: Uncharted 2 is a memorable masterpiece.
  52. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  53. Mar 22, 2015
    Where do I begin with Uncharted 2. Wow. This is my favorite game of all time. And I didn't expect it to be a good game at all. When I first heard about the critical rave of Uncharted 2, I thought people were over reacting. I then tried it out myself after reading all of the reviews. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece.

The story is the greatest story ever told in a video game. Nothing compares

The story is the greatest story ever told in a video game. Nothing compares to this phenomenal game. The gameplay is extremely fun as well. Anybody who has doubts about this game needs to check it out. The music is incredible and the mythical places upon the game is unique and fresh.

The acting is outstanding. The smart dialog makes you enjoy Nathan Drake and the other characters. It may very well be a long time until we see a game be better than this. Outstanding. 10/10 easy
  54. Mar 20, 2015
    Just perfect naughty dog really wants to please their fans everytime. The game has great A.I, vivid graphics that look pleasing to the eye, and a great multiplayer that brings more value to a great game. The upgrading system in the game is perfect. The game is a must buy for all gamers aliike
  55. Feb 25, 2015
    I loved this game! I found to be the last level very hard even on normal but that did not detract from my experience I had with this game. No doubt in my Top 5 from last generation.
  56. Feb 20, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Really beautiful game with colorful graphics and nice level design. Just should be less straight.
  57. Feb 17, 2015
    Don't listen to all the Xbox fanboys giving this game a zero. This and all the other games in the series are one of the best games of all time. It's a fact now, Naughty Dog makes the best games.
  58. Jan 31, 2015
    It is one of masterpiece of 7th generation . very good story and likely gameplay.. the visual design is wonderful. thanks Nuaghty Dog for this experiment
  59. Jan 18, 2015
    It is a good game, but just felt a little to linear and repetitiv to me, go there kill them, when you are done go over there and kill them, no open world, no desire to play through again and I hate games that takes control over your actions and this game does that alot. With that said great story, characters etc.. so an 8 for me, but defintly a must play for PS3.
  60. Jan 17, 2015
    For a game that was released in 2009 and having played through it 5 years later, "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" still holds up, gameplay wise and graphically.

The story, while a little simple and follows the same formula for the first game a little too closely, is great and allows for large, expansive worlds in which to explore. It is evident that the scope has been upped since the first release in the Uncharted series with very cinematic events that you, as the player, feel in control of. The game is beautiful and every environment is unique and plush. The interaction between characters as the story progresses is always a wonder to see, as previously demonstrated by the first game and the cast really do bring these characters to life.

My only nitpick for the game is that it feels a little too formulaic and scripted but if you are immersed enough in the game then this can be easily overlooked. The ending also seems to get a little sloppy, as if the writers had run out of ideas and just wanted to quickly round things off.

Regardless of these factors, "Among Thieves" is definitely worth the play. Naughty Dog have not failed to impress.
  61. Jan 11, 2015
    An all-star vocal cast, skillfully constructed storytelling and stimulating gameplay system make "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" a notable experience in 3rd person adventure games genre.
  62. Jan 7, 2015
    Without a doubt, the best game I've ever played. The climbing mechanics and action were far above average, and the scenery and overall script is positively phenomenal. Overall, this is the game that I would put into it's own separate category of incredible all-round gameplay.
  63. Jan 7, 2015
    One of the best exclusives for playstation 3. Puzzles are easy which i dont like. Game play is awesome. Graphics are above average. Good entertainment overall.
  64. Dec 29, 2014
    Uncharted 2 takes everything that made the first game great and made it better. It's a very gripping cinematic experience of a video game with some absolutely unbelievable moments.
  65. Dec 15, 2014
    Why is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die andWhy is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die and that you better hurry up but really its a facade. The puzzle gameplay consists of you looking in your journal for the answer. Identify symbols in your journal to the symbols in the environment and bam easy peasy. There is nothing to really think about and for a puzzle there should be something to think about. The action gameplay is really good. A lot better than Uncharted 1 but there isn't much variation. It is mostly walk into an area kill everybody in it and occassionally reinforcements will come and you gotta kill them to.

The game is great but I just concentrated on the few negatives because I feel that most people just praise it like it is perfect and I disagree.
  66. Nov 22, 2014
    What can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. ButWhat can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. But that's also the problem with it (if problem is even the right word here), it fails to travel that last 10% on the road to greatness. It is a bit too composed in itself, too proud to exist and too self-aware to take risks, like it can do more, but it's too scared to reach out. Expand
  67. Nov 20, 2014
    There is no doubt that Naughty Dog have the ability to create an incredible game with a very detailed storyline, with jaw-dropping graphics & movie-like cut scenes, not to mention the immersive action and multiplayer. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is one not to miss.
  68. Nov 3, 2014
    La aventura mas impresionante de todo el catálogo de PS3. Mejora en todo al primero: una historia con más capítulos y con una trama aun mas interesante, unas secuencias de acción sublimes, tiroteos más refinados, más variedad de enemigos y de paisajes y un nuevo y divertido multijugador.
    La trilogía Uncharted no puede faltar en ninguna colección de videojuegos pero si solo pudierais comprar uno, coged Uncharted 2. No lo lamentaréis. Sublime.
  69. Oct 19, 2014
    WOW! I was absolutely speechless once the credits rolled through with this game! The gameplay is fun, the characters are way better, the action was spot on, and it looks amazing. A HUGE step up from the first game! Sadly, Uncharted 3 was not able to keep up.
  70. Oct 18, 2014
    An absolute 'must play'. This was my favourite game of all time up until 'The Last Of Us' was released.

Uncharted 2 is a classic example of perfect gameplay,with Naughty Dog meticulously delivering a flawless game through to the end. This game is so well planned out it shows. The set pieces are incredible, and the characters interactions through gameplay further the storyline.

Fantastic and inspirational, 10/10.
  71. Oct 3, 2014
    I give this game 9.4/10

this game has really cool story,character (especially nathan and sully) the story was about finding lost city of shambala,(I wont spoil you),all I can say is the story is epic memorable and feels like a great movie. The gameplay in this game is simple,you can shooting,climbing,melee atack,throw a grenade and do a stealth,the setpieces was really cool as
    I give this game 9.4/10

this game has really cool story,character (especially nathan and sully)

The gameplay in this game is simple,you can shooting,climbing,melee atack,throw a grenade and do a stealth,the setpieces was really cool as hell!,but I dont reallyl like the guns sounds in this game (but still okay).. I prefer uncharted 3 guns sounds

the Graphics..not really amazing like tlou,but still looks really good..

this game is a must buy for ps3 owners and action fans!.
  72. Sep 14, 2014
    Here is another game that you must play if you own a PS3, and even if does not own this is the reason to buy it. If Uncharted: Drake's Fortune was good, then this is even better.

Indeed, one of the best games I've played. Even the story is worth 10, but here there are so many other good things, such as the environments are very interesting. The music is really good and it is very well done to suit the scene. The characters, the atmosphere is good. I came up with this game nothing to regret.
  73. Sep 9, 2014
    About on par with the first game. There are obvious improvements all round. Better visuals, deeper story, better character development.

Yet even with all its improvements it also loses a bit of the charm that the first game had. Essentially being true to the adventure movie sequel stereotype. Better, but more of the same. Game mechanics remain more or less unchanged from the first game. Even Drakes arsenal is more or less the same, with very little innovation in that regard. Also, I experienced some game breaking bugs on my initial playthrough that almost ruined the game for me. Luckily I fixed it (apparently it was some kind of conflict with my PS3 settings.)

Aside from my gripes, this still is a ton of fun to play and I enjoyed myself immensely. Was great that the treasures were better hidden this time round and took a bit more searching to find.

Overall:
    Uncharted 2 is an obvious improvement on the first game in all areas save one: Innovation. Essentially it's the same game as the first time, just slightly different story. Regardless, It's a great game worthy of any collection (if you can get it to work,. the bugs are the only reason I didn't score this a 9.)
  74. Sep 8, 2014
    Easily one of the best games the PS3 has to offer in its line of exclusives. Uncharted 2 has a great story, solid gun game play, interesting multiplayer and one of the best protagonists a game can ask for. Nolan North plays Nathan Drake and he does an awesome job at doing it. From his witty comments to his tense down to earth moments, this character will have some influence in making youEasily one of the best games the PS3 has to offer in its line of exclusives. Uncharted 2 has a great story, solid gun game play, interesting multiplayer and one of the best protagonists a game can ask for. Nolan North plays Nathan Drake and he does an awesome job at doing it. From his witty comments to his tense down to earth moments, this character will have some influence in making you want to keep playing. This is definitely not a title to skip out on. Expand
  75. Aug 23, 2014
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a must have for all Playstation 3 owners. It tells a phenomenal story, full of rich characters. The gameplay is also rock solid. This is a must play.
  76. Aug 15, 2014
    Best PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add toBest PS3 exclusive and one of the best games of all time , period . It has a killer single player with amazing gameplay , very smooth control , mind blowing set pieces , funny dialog , PERFECT pacing , great storytelling and characters . The gameplay generally contain : shooting waves of enemies , platforming exploration and traversing , puzzles and enjoying amazing set pieces . add to that an amazing and addictive multiplayer . This game is the best action adventure game EVER , objectively . and it is my all time favorite game . Expand
  77. Aug 13, 2014
    Another masterful game from Naughty Dog, and one of the best console exclusive games of all time. With some of the best graphics, voice acting and scenery I've ever seen. It is very immersive, and shows you just how emotional a game can be. You will care about Nate, and the friends he makes along the way. The shooting is great, and challenging enough for you to stay attentive. And theAnother masterful game from Naughty Dog, and one of the best console exclusive games of all time. With some of the best graphics, voice acting and scenery I've ever seen. It is very immersive, and shows you just how emotional a game can be. You will care about Nate, and the friends he makes along the way. The shooting is great, and challenging enough for you to stay attentive. And the story, it is one of, if not the best story ever in a video game. My only bone to pick with it is that the melee combat still needs work. But otherwise, the game is spotless. Expand
  78. Aug 8, 2014
    I liked this game less than any other Uncharted game, I can't exactly put my finger on why. Maybe the graphic style annoyed me? Anyway, it's still a good game and lives up to the rest.
  79. Jul 30, 2014
    If there's a definition of a 10 point-er game, its Uncharted 2. All right listen: I used to have the 360 during the entire 7th generation of consoles, and I only recently bought a ps3 in 2014. I always thought , that the xbox 360 exclusive game library is a collection of generally great games, and I will probably get the same opinion when playing a ps3 exclusives, so I bought this title.If there's a definition of a 10 point-er game, its Uncharted 2. All right listen: I used to have the 360 during the entire 7th generation of consoles, and I only recently bought a ps3 in 2014. I always thought , that the xbox 360 exclusive game library is a collection of generally great games, and I will probably get the same opinion when playing a ps3 exclusives, so I bought this title. It was the best decision of my entire gamer career. I cant point out a negative part of the game, because there simply arent any. anything about this game is awesome and never stops at any point being at least amazing. The supersharp visuals, the level design, the character movement, the story, the actors, and the list of awesomeness just goes on and on!!! even the hated scripted events are truly great in this game. This is one of those titles, where the developers didnt made any shortcuts, they even made the collectibles awesome!! All I can say without getting into details, that it was an experience that I never had before during my gamer times. play it.. Its a shame that the replay value is a bit small, but other than that, holy mother of GOD! Expand
  80. Jul 12, 2014
    One of the best games ever. The best Uncharted game so far. The graphics are good. Voice acting and the characters are great. The music is incredible. Perfect for those points where it sounds, especially the Chinese and Tibetan musical instruments bring great atmosphere. The scenery is memorable and brilliant level design. The story is very good and emotional. I would immediately start theOne of the best games ever. The best Uncharted game so far. The graphics are good. Voice acting and the characters are great. The music is incredible. Perfect for those points where it sounds, especially the Chinese and Tibetan musical instruments bring great atmosphere. The scenery is memorable and brilliant level design. The story is very good and emotional. I would immediately start the game again successfully. Humor to be found, but not too much. In addition, this is also a very nice multiplayer game. Finally, it is said that all PS3 owners will be forced to experience this. Expand
  81. Jul 8, 2014
    This was THE game that made me want to get a PS3. When I saw the commercial for it, I instantly thought, "I need that game". And when I got it on Christmas day and put it in and started playing, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the get-go it pulls you in and does not release you; the story is amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the graphics are just WOW. It feels like you'reThis was THE game that made me want to get a PS3. When I saw the commercial for it, I instantly thought, "I need that game". And when I got it on Christmas day and put it in and started playing, I was not disappointed whatsoever. From the get-go it pulls you in and does not release you; the story is amazing, the gameplay is flawless and the graphics are just WOW. It feels like you're playing an action movie, and I loved every minute of it. The action sequences tie in perfectly with the gameplay. And as soon as I beat it, I started over. Expand
  82. Jun 30, 2014
    Great graphics, great gameplay and a gripping story which means it's damn addictive make this a fantastic 3rd person Adventure game. It's more of a shooter than a puzzler, which wouldn't normally be my preference. However the cover system and light hearted nature of the game (mainly thanks to Drake's great sense of humour) makes this massive fun from start to finish. The final boss was aGreat graphics, great gameplay and a gripping story which means it's damn addictive make this a fantastic 3rd person Adventure game. It's more of a shooter than a puzzler, which wouldn't normally be my preference. However the cover system and light hearted nature of the game (mainly thanks to Drake's great sense of humour) makes this massive fun from start to finish. The final boss was a bit of a letdown for me and occasionally the constant cover shooting felt a little repetitive but that's just me being picky. Generally this is some of the best fun that can be had playing a video game! Expand
  83. Jun 21, 2014
    98/100: The second game in the Uncharted franchise is even more fantastic than the great first Uncharted game. The puzzles in the game are fun and not too easy, the combat system works great and the storyline is fantastic. Even though the graphics aren't stunning, the game looks wonderful. Naughty Dog did a great job with Uncharted 2!
  84. Jun 4, 2014
    Love this game, honestly the best game on the PS3 on it's entire life cycle and possibly the best game ever made. Great storyline and gameplay. 10/10.
  85. May 28, 2014
    Uncharted 2 has lived up to its reputation. Me and my brother both played it and we were awestruck at the intensity this game made us feel. Naughty Dog you have seriously captured the soul of the gamer. The gameplay was smooth as hell and the story line was awesome. A must buy for very ps3 gamer :) !!
  86. May 22, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is Naughty Dog's third masterpiece. It's set pieces are even better than the last installment, the performances are strong, the graphics are beautiful, and the story is much more compelling.
  87. Apr 10, 2014
    Simply the best game I've ever had the pleasure to play. Even The Last of Us cannot claim the top spot against a game like Uncharted 2. Naughty Dog, often characterised by its incomparable voice acting and mesmerising graphics, does not fail to impress. The whole game screams professionalism and meticulous craftsmanship. I would find it extremely difficult to fault this game.
  88. Apr 1, 2014
    This is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for allThis is THE best game ever. The whole gaming experience while playing this is simply amazing. Great combats. Awesome melee attacks. Option of using stealth in some situations. Superb graphics. Witty dialogues. Amazing acting. The superlatives are endless. I haven't played Uncharted 3 yet. But I am not sure how Naughty Dog could possible top 'Among Thieves'. This is the best game for all action-adventure/third-person-shooter fans. Expand
  89. Mar 31, 2014
    I'll get this out of the way right now: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the game that made me want to persue video game journalisim. In other words, its one of my favorite games of all time. PERIOD. I could justify why I think so, but I think you guys already know. But f**k it i'll talk.

The game starts of with a cliffhanger. Literatly. The protagonist Nathan Drake is broken and beaten, on the verge of death while inside a train hanging of a cliff by a thread. The 5 minute intro is as exlierating as the entire game, and boy did it get my blood pumping. Drake teams up with a couple of his old buddies to look for Marco Polos lost treasure. And with that, the epic game takes off.

The story never dissapoints and the acting is top notch. Nolan North takes his role as Nathan Drake again, and shows off some of the best acting i've seen from a game. The chemistry with the rest of the cast is charming and heart warming, and uncomfortable when it needs to be.

When it comes to the graphics, Uncharted yet again, is the best. Perfectly polished enviorments breathing with life (or lack there of). Colours are vibrant and pop out and the character animations are almost life like. With some great sound design and what may have the best modern theme song in a video game, Uncharted 2 is absouletley perfect in its presentaion.

The gameplay is very simple, however it is never repetitive and always surprising. Theres 3 main gameplay components the work together nicley: Combat, climbing and puzzle solving. Combat is basically a third person cover system where you simply run around and shoot enemies attempting to beat you to the treasure. Theres also a hand to hand combat system, that works much better then it did in its predecessor. Theres nothing ultimatley wrong with the combat, in fact the simplicity of it benfits the game, focusing on the action more then strategy.

Climbing and traversing is very easy and satisfying: especially when climbing the tallest of buildings if foreign countries. The puzzles in the game, although there are fewer then there were in the previous games, there much larger in scale and much more epic. I was never really stumped enough to the point of frustration, but they do provide a nice distraction from the usual run and gun.

I could go on for hours talking about how perfect Uncharted 2 is, but ill just say this. Uncharted 2 is perfect. SURPRISE. I may be a fan boy, but even after a formal evalutation theres simply no arguing that this, not only helped shape the generation of the PS3 and the future that is yet to come, but it simply is a fantastic expierence, and most definatley The Bathroom Gamers GOTY of 2009.
  90. Mar 17, 2014
    This game is possibly the best action game ever created for consoles. This was truly a step forward for action games, and Naughty Dog couldn't surpass it with Uncharted 3. This game has some incredible aspects that are rare in games today, which is why it's such a gem among Playstation gamers.
    Pros: -Voice Acting (The performances by both Sully and Nathan's voice actors have only been surpassed by Troy Baker in The Last of Us)
    -Story (A very intriguing story that combines fantasy with realism)
    -Gameplay (Very smooth controls, and some awesome action sequences)
    -Tech (Very few graphical hiccups and glitches)
    Cons: -Difficulty (Even an action game veteran will have difficulties playing this game on very easy, due to some poor level design choices and cheap 'difficult' sections that frustrate rather than challenge)
    Overall, this game is an incredible gem that's already a classic. If you own a PS3 and haven't yet played this, you're missing out on a spectacular demonstration of dedicated video game developers, and one of the greatest modern action games to ever release.
  91. Feb 23, 2014
    If Drake's Fortune was the setup, this game is the payoff. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece in every aspect. The writing and performances are smart and snapy, the graphics are amazing, and the story is much more compelling than the first installment.
  92. Feb 7, 2014
    Definitely the best in series as there's still enough gameplay mixed in with all the interactive movie gubbings that Naughty Dog love. This is the one they got right, but I still find the series quite over rated. Still recommend this
  93. Jan 27, 2014
    Uncharted 2 is certainly one of the best games available on the ps3. The whole Uncharted series is great and technically you would probably have to say that Uncharted 2 is the best one so far. That said I give it the same rating as Uncharted Drake's Fortune (i.e. the first Uncharted game). I have yet to finish the 3rd one in the series although I have recently purchased it.

Uncharted 2

Uncharted 2 is a great game right from the start. In terms of how it plays, it is more of the same - third person shooting system, same cover system, some light puzzles and plenty of exploration and climbing. Again the scenery and graphics are amazing, although less green surroundings (as in Uncharted 1) and more variety such as in towns, in snow and the like. Again the scenery and graphics really add to the experience. The usual characters are back and some new characters introduced. All of the characters are great and it is once again a well driven story game. U2 did introduce a multiplayer element which initially worried me. However it does not detract from the single player game at all. I have not played the multiplayer much but it certainly is decent. I buy U2 to play the single player more than anything and it was very enjoyable. I would say some very memorable moments, like on the moving train. It is like a blockbuster movie in places. Seemed to be quite a bit longer than the first Uncharted with more Chapters, certainly took me longer to complete.

Again not many negatives or things that could be seen as negative about this game. It follows a set path as a story driven game and is not "open world" - however this is more about the genre and not a negative for the game itself.

U2 implemented more stealth elements, certain parts of the game can be played through without being seen. Personally I like stealth games so I enjoyed this addition. Everything is bigger and more dramatic than the first Uncharted. However while some people put U2 as the best in the series, I find it difficult to choose between the first 2 so far. Both great games and I am sure the 3rd is great too (yet to complete it/review it).

Lets hope this series continues on the ps4. It has been one of the reasons to get a ps3 for me. Well worth playing.

Overall 8.9/10 (rounded to 9/10)
  94. Jan 27, 2014
    One of the best game of ps3, the history is amazing with a lot of intense moments (but a history a little below than uncharted 2) , the characters are unforgettable, perfect gameplay, and much acction where we were never bored. The best graphics for ps3. If you have a PS3, you must have this game.
  95. Jan 22, 2014
    The graphics, gameplay, story are all top notch. This is not only one of the greatest games on the PS3, it's one of the greatest in all of gaming history.
  96. ERB
    Jan 21, 2014
    This game is great.Naughty Dog proved that they are one of the best game companies in the world with this game Uncharted 2.Uncharted 2 has beautiful graphics,awesome world,and fun gameplay.This is a must buy game for you people.
  97. Jan 17, 2014
    This game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and isThis game is the best game you can ever play! The story is so amazing and interesting there is really noting else like this. I was a fan since game 1 but Uncharted 2 is great! At the end you will fall in love with the series, characters, and story. Its been a few years since this game came out and the graphics are still some of the best I seen. Online play at its time was amazing and is great on your own or with friends. This is one of those rare games that don't come so often and never gets old from unlocking skins and special in game content for story mode to an epic story mode with great voice over you can't go wrong with buying this game. Uncharted 2 Among Thieves is a great experiences for any gamer out there! Expand
  98. Jan 9, 2014
    Uno de los mejores juegos que he jugado excelente historia buenas gráficas su jugabilidad es excelente lo único malo es tener que gastar muchas balas para matar a alguien pero este juego es mejor que el anterior
  99. Jan 3, 2014
    Tis is the best possible PS3 exclusive that you can possibly get your hands on. The campaign excels better than the first a more creative plot and many twists. The graphics would no doubt be the best graphics of any game on any system in 2009. Naughty Dog is best at using those-sharp edge graphics. From jungle to snow mountain, scenery is beautiful and the story is compelling. TheTis is the best possible PS3 exclusive that you can possibly get your hands on. The campaign excels better than the first a more creative plot and many twists. The graphics would no doubt be the best graphics of any game on any system in 2009. Naughty Dog is best at using those-sharp edge graphics. From jungle to snow mountain, scenery is beautiful and the story is compelling. The multiplayer offered a wide range of games and offers a different type of play. There are also Co-op 3 person survival that tags along with different game modes. Uncharted 2 is a grand success for Naughty Dog, and is a genuine outstanding game. U2 is currently the ninth best-ranked game of all time on game-rankings (I'm pretty sure) and for me is no doubt one of the top 5 best games this generation. This game has been called a "masterpiece" because it is and will no doubly be called that for generations to come. Expand
  100. Dec 8, 2013
    this is the best game in my opinion everything in this game is perfect the story, the gun fights, the adventure, the graphics, the cut scenes feel like a movie and on crushing the game can be very challenging too
  101. Nov 15, 2012
    An amazing game that was unprecedented in it's sheer ability to create a cinematic, tense, and downright thrilling atmosphere for the entire game. It keeps players on the edges of their seats for the entire time with a fantastic and gripping story, incredible graphics, and fun gameplay. If you want to imagine it, imagine an Indiana Jones movie, except interactive, longer, and moreAn amazing game that was unprecedented in it's sheer ability to create a cinematic, tense, and downright thrilling atmosphere for the entire game. It keeps players on the edges of their seats for the entire time with a fantastic and gripping story, incredible graphics, and fun gameplay. If you want to imagine it, imagine an Indiana Jones movie, except interactive, longer, and more thrilling. It's that good. One of the few games this console generation to truly deserve a ten. Collapse

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.