Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Jul 26, 2013
    Naughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, andNaughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, and genuine humor. Gunplay still isn't the tightest thing in the world but it feels alright once you get the hang of it. Developer Naughty Dog really shows off what the PS3 is capable of in the graphics department. Truly this game looks just as good, and sometimes better, than games that are coming out this year (2013)! The game has multiplayer this time around, and just like the campaign it is also fantastic. Most of the objective modes have been abandoned, but you can still find Deathmatches and co-op games. Truly Uncharted 2 is one of the PS3's most treasured titles, and for good reason, it not only manages to best its predecessor but also manages to best most of the PS3 exclusives out there. If you enjoyed the first Uncharted then prepare to love Among Thieves. Naughty Dog truly knows how to work the PS3 and has firmly cemented itself as one of the go to developers for quality games. This is worth every second of your time and I HIGHLY recommend it. Expand
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    The problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bulletThe problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bullet sponges can become magnified. Anyone that has played Naughty Dog’s zombie epic The Last of Us will immediately be stuck by the lower quality graphics as well.

Having said all that, this is still without doubt a quality title. The characters are more likable than the usual video game protagonists and the fast paced gameplay features a good mix of shooting, spectacular climbs and puzzles. The sheer spectacle of Drake’s adventure will also ensure that most players are be able to overlook the aforementioned flaws and be swept along for what is a pretty entertaining ride that clocks in at a decent 15 hours or so in length.
  3. Sep 9, 2014
    About on par with the first game. There are obvious improvements all round. Better visuals, deeper story, better character development.

Yet even with all its improvements it also loses a bit of the charm that the first game had. Essentially being true to the adventure movie sequel stereotype. Better, but more of the same. Game mechanics remain more or less unchanged from the first game. Even Drakes arsenal is more or less the same, with very little innovation in that regard. Also, I experienced some game breaking bugs on my initial playthrough that almost ruined the game for me. Luckily I fixed it (apparently it was some kind of conflict with my PS3 settings.)

Aside from my gripes, this still is a ton of fun to play and I enjoyed myself immensely. Was great that the treasures were better hidden this time round and took a bit more searching to find.

Overall:
    Uncharted 2 is an obvious improvement on the first game in all areas save one: Innovation. Essentially it's the same game as the first time, just slightly different story. Regardless, It's a great game worthy of any collection (if you can get it to work,. the bugs are the only reason I didn't score this a 9.)
  4. Nov 18, 2015
    Among Thieves exceeded the hype in my mind, it immerses you in this incredibly detailed and lush environment, seamlessly bouncing you back and forth from gameplay to breathtaking cinematic wonder, and most often, combines them both at the same time. Just the attention to detail is astounding. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could give this review justice but you should just see forAmong Thieves exceeded the hype in my mind, it immerses you in this incredibly detailed and lush environment, seamlessly bouncing you back and forth from gameplay to breathtaking cinematic wonder, and most often, combines them both at the same time. Just the attention to detail is astounding. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could give this review justice but you should just see for yourself! You will not regret this purchase one bit, the multiplayer is even fun! If you own a PS3 and don't have this game, then you should sell your PS3. Expand
  5. Aug 30, 2010
    wow no game captures the feel you are in a movie like Uncharted 2 . a solid story with great voice acting . solid controls great gun play . the first one was alot of fun but the second one is even better in every way. new addition is the online play which is alot of fun . this is what a sequel to a already good game should be.
  6. Jul 3, 2011
    Superb opening, everything start in a Bang! ! . Those incredible moments are here and are mind blowing , the story is fantastic , the gunplay, not the best but is responsive. Other thatn that the platforming is an idea that Castlevania copy pasted and formed in a orignal way. so coooll experience.
  7. May 1, 2015
    Demonstrates the same dynamism of the first game, but much more refined and action scenes eye-popping, that in fact, much better than very Hollywood action movie.
  8. Jan 11, 2015
    An all-star vocal cast, skillfully constructed storytelling and stimulating gameplay system make "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" a notable experience in 3rd person adventure games genre.
  9. Oct 2, 2010
    I think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastesI think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastes in games you have this game is a MUST play for anyone. Expand
  10. Mar 12, 2013
    It's not one of the best... it's the best game i've ever played! The single-player is amazing, the graphics are pure perfect and the multiplayer is the best online shooter of all-time. Uncharted 2 is masterpiece and easily the best game for the ps3.
  11. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  12. Nov 30, 2015
    Game: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony System: Playstation 3 (PS3) Total Score: 95/100 Value Score: 9.5/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +The story and length is overall longer than the
    Game: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony
    System: Playstation 3 (PS3)
    Total Score: 95/100

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +The story and length is overall longer than the first game
    +There are more different types of locations in this game than the first game
    +Difficulty has been ramped up with more enemies and hazards taking place in the battle field
    +The puzzles are as amazing as the first game and also further expands them into more complex puzzles of different types
    +GOTY edition consists of many MP skins, items, etc
    +Collecting treasures and ranking up achievements give you money you can use to purchase skins, weapons and tweaks for the game
    +Visual design has heavily improved since the last game
    +The ability to replay any chapter at any time is available again
    +There is multiplayer modes now for competitive online

Cons
    -To get skins - you will need to finish the main campaign at least once
  13. Mar 1, 2012
    A game that was just as good as the original. Amazingly cinematic, and fun gameplay, even though I sometimes get lost, not knowing what I should do next.
  14. Jul 24, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is a great sequel, but not as good as Uncharted 1. The game takes place a year after Drake's Fortune and starts with Nate performing a robbery from an Istanbul museum with two old accomplices Chloe and Flynn. When Flynn betrays Nate and lands him in prison Nate plots his revenge on him. This sets Drake & old friend Sully on a race to find the Cintimani Stone before ZoranUncharted 2 is a great sequel, but not as good as Uncharted 1. The game takes place a year after Drake's Fortune and starts with Nate performing a robbery from an Istanbul museum with two old accomplices Chloe and Flynn. When Flynn betrays Nate and lands him in prison Nate plots his revenge on him. This sets Drake & old friend Sully on a race to find the Cintimani Stone before Zoran Lezarevic, a Russian bent on being the next big dictator can use it to be the most powerful man on Earth with Flynn at his side. The story spends too much time on a love triangle between Chloe and Elena from the first Uncharted and therefore slows the pace of the game down significantly. Plus the classic Uncharted difficulty spike hits about halfway through and makes the rest of the game such a slog it becomes near unenjoyable.
    Uncharted 2 does a lot right but quite a few significant things wrong which let it down, but it is by no means a bad game. A must own for PS3 owners
  15. Jan 7, 2013
    This Uncharted is the best of them all! Usually most of the time you get to have good games by SCEA but they took it to a whole new level. The Playstation VITA was terrible with Fight for Fortune but Among thieves has a better and more understandable story line and a excellent HD quality graphics and preface screen action turns into the "Uncharted" sucess story.
  16. Nov 21, 2013
    Uncharted 2 for me this is the best Uncharted ever made and it is an good revolution i simply love this game.The best exclusive for ps3,perhaps an remarkable game in this generation.
  17. Aug 23, 2014
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a must have for all Playstation 3 owners. It tells a phenomenal story, full of rich characters. The gameplay is also rock solid. This is a must play.
  18. Jun 15, 2013
    the first uncharted game was great but Naughty dog made the next part of the series one of the greatest experiences you'll ever have in your life the great gameplay or the amazing plot or the amazing graphics this is simply a game to buy a ps3 for
  19. Nov 3, 2014
    La aventura mas impresionante de todo el catálogo de PS3. Mejora en todo al primero: una historia con más capítulos y con una trama aun mas interesante, unas secuencias de acción sublimes, tiroteos más refinados, más variedad de enemigos y de paisajes y un nuevo y divertido multijugador.
    La trilogía Uncharted no puede faltar en ninguna colección de videojuegos pero si solo pudierais comprar uno, coged Uncharted 2. No lo lamentaréis. Sublime.
  20. Dec 29, 2014
    Uncharted 2 takes everything that made the first game great and made it better. It's a very gripping cinematic experience of a video game with some absolutely unbelievable moments.
  21. Apr 1, 2013
    I've read and heard all the hype and was expecting one of the all time greats and I absolutely got it here. The problems with the first Uncharted are solved and improved here.
  22. Mar 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is quite simply one of, if not the best game available on PS3. There's no words that can do justice to just how amazing the game is. Impressed by what the first outing had to offer Uncharted 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way possible. Graphically and visually it shows exactly what the PS3 is capable off in what in displaying some off the most beautiful landmarks aroundUncharted 2 is quite simply one of, if not the best game available on PS3. There's no words that can do justice to just how amazing the game is. Impressed by what the first outing had to offer Uncharted 2 surpasses its predecessor in every way possible. Graphically and visually it shows exactly what the PS3 is capable off in what in displaying some off the most beautiful landmarks around the world, it is simply the best visuals ever to grace the console thus far. The cut scenes, lets just say they wouldn't look place in a Hollywood blockbuster movie they are jaw dropping, absolutely spectacular. The acting within the game is once again to perfection, pushing Drake to even higher heights in making him the ultimate protagonist on PS3. The storyline is also magnificent full of twists and turns with Drake initially setting out to find Marco Polo's lost treasure but this soon turns into a chase for the Cintamani Stone and finding the mythical Shambala, however he's not alone with Serbian war criminal Zoran Lazarevic hot in pursuit. Gameplay is fun as ever, the cover shooting system works superbly well again, the fighting has been slightly altered although nothing major, but the set pieces are just outstanding whether its climbing a crumbling building, jumping from broken ledges or dodging a plane on an overturned train its just the most awesome all round gaming experience ever, and in my opinion the best game out their on PS3 to date, like another review correctly suggested you should buy a PS3 just to play this! Expand
  23. Jul 21, 2012
    Didn't think I would enjoy the game but it was fantastic. One of the best single-player modes I have ever played. I wouldn't even hesitate to say that it is better than any sports game I play and I am a sports fanatic. Fantastic stuff.
  24. ERB
    Jan 21, 2014
    This game is great.Naughty Dog proved that they are one of the best game companies in the world with this game Uncharted 2.Uncharted 2 has beautiful graphics,awesome world,and fun gameplay.This is a must buy game for you people.
  25. Sep 19, 2011
    The very main reason I got a PS3. Immersive, heart pounding, action packed and ridiculously over-the-top. A game that I think is a good enough reason why the PS3 is a great console. The story is so good that it could just pass by as a blockbuster movie and the characters are so human that it feels like you have met them some time in your life. If you have a Playstation 3, you have to get it.
  26. Jun 13, 2011
    Whilst not one of my favourite games,I cannot fault this game in any way.There is no better game that springs to mind, where the graphics,story,characters,audio and gameplay get better as the game continues.
    I think I can say that playing UC2 is like being actually able to play 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.Just Awesome.
  27. Dec 7, 2012
    With this, Naughty Dog really stepped it up from the first of the series, Drake's Fortune. Amazing visuals, great voice acting, great story, and of course excellent characters. The game definitely feels bigger and better than the previous one. A note on the stunning visuals of the game: I was playing this and my mother walked into the living room and asked me what movie I was watching. TheWith this, Naughty Dog really stepped it up from the first of the series, Drake's Fortune. Amazing visuals, great voice acting, great story, and of course excellent characters. The game definitely feels bigger and better than the previous one. A note on the stunning visuals of the game: I was playing this and my mother walked into the living room and asked me what movie I was watching. The voice acting, as per usual, is superb. The character really come alive, and the dialogue is excellent. I want more games like this! The amount of one-liners here and there and dialogue as you're walking around and playing instead of in cut-scenes is fantastically done. There is, again, a nice blend of fighting, parkour-esque moving around, and puzzles. There are a lot of different twists and turns to this game too, and the amount of scenes that really make you feel like you were controlling an on-going action movie is pretty freaking awesome!!! Ten thumbs up and I'd give this a 100 out of 10 if I could. Loved every second of it. Expand
  28. Mar 24, 2011
    One of the best gaming experience I've ever had. This is as good as shooter games get. The directing and editing of this story is the best I've ever seen. Naughty Dog takes full advantage of the PS3 capabilities and it's an awesome game on a 52" HDTV. Now I wish I had a plasma. And yes, I've played it through several times.
  29. Aug 21, 2015
    this game shows awesome graphic tech, but as i am a pc gamer, the 30 fps is horrible experience. and i am unhappy with that main character never be shoted by enemy.
  30. Jan 6, 2012
    This game is a must have for all ps3 owners. The story alone is on the precipice of hitting the quality of some of the best films of this decade (well not really but its still amazing) . Chloe is hot!!
  31. Jul 18, 2013
    second one was most powerful of trilogy i never sat down really play these game but it was awesome i could not even put it down i wanted to know what happen next
  32. May 18, 2012
    this was one of the best games I've played on ps3 period. I think I've played this game twice, and then went back once a while do play particular chapters again. It was just everything you would want in a third person shooter. The story was addicting, every chapter was diverse, and game play was top notch. I loved the puzzles, and the climbing (assasins creed feel) to it. I also love thethis was one of the best games I've played on ps3 period. I think I've played this game twice, and then went back once a while do play particular chapters again. It was just everything you would want in a third person shooter. The story was addicting, every chapter was diverse, and game play was top notch. I loved the puzzles, and the climbing (assasins creed feel) to it. I also love the humor that was sometimes added into this game whether that be cut scenes, or when nathan randonly talks during firefights. Expand
  33. Feb 25, 2015
    I loved this game! I found to be the last level very hard even on normal but that did not detract from my experience I had with this game. No doubt in my Top 5 from last generation.
  34. Jan 22, 2011
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has improved and expanded gameplay from the first, an excellent hollywood story, perfect graphics, amazing sound design, a lengthy single player, and an awesome multiplayer. Uncharted 2 has a heart for story, and loads of entertainment for gamers. Simply a masterpiece. Don't miss out.
  35. Jun 7, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an absolutely amazing game! The story, the graphics and even the multiplayer are all excellent! This is definitely one that if you don't own a PS3 is worth buying one for!
  36. Mar 31, 2016
    There are many things that make this game great that you simply can't see by viewing some gameplay footage. naughty dog does an incredible job at making the characters in this game feel human and vulnerable. They achieve this through the smallest details, for example, when you are playing as Nathan Drake in the game, those moments when you are leaping across towards a ledge off a crumblingThere are many things that make this game great that you simply can't see by viewing some gameplay footage. naughty dog does an incredible job at making the characters in this game feel human and vulnerable. They achieve this through the smallest details, for example, when you are playing as Nathan Drake in the game, those moments when you are leaping across towards a ledge off a crumbling building just to barely grab the ledge by your fingertips and have that ledge collapse and cause Nathan to swing his arms wildly to grab whatever is near by causes a sense of urgency that exists in the shoot outs and plat forming bits. and as you sit there dangling by a pole hundreds of feet from the ground you worry for Nathan's safety. the writing is so good and makes the characters feel human and real, and are so entertaining. the enormous set pieces and action sequences made me go "wow" and I can not think of another game that has done these kinds of sequences better. the gameplay is simple but works well because the enemy AI will challenge you by making you actually take good use of cover and think on the spot as they try to distract you with gunfire while there friends slowly creeping up to flank you. the plot is fun and works, but what really makes it stand out is the writing and characters. the only thing I can say bad about the game is there are moments of down time that are a little to long, I understand that there needs to be some down time but some of these sections can be a little boring and take you out of the game as you wish for a cut scene to entertain you instead of the gameplay at some of these parts, some of the puzzles feel a little unnecessary as well, but are never hard. I forgot to mention how memorable the opening sequence is, the only other opening sequence to top it is by another naughty dog game in the last of us that I can think of. love this game, but has some sections in it that really slow down the game, without those moments this game would truly be perfect. Expand
  37. May 27, 2011
    the uncharted series is without a doubt the best playstation exclusive out on the market right now. i was a huge fan of the first game and now having compleated this one as well i think it is even better and i did not think would be possible to improve on an already perfect game but they have done it. with amzaing graphics that makes it feel like you are watcing a movie the whole timethe uncharted series is without a doubt the best playstation exclusive out on the market right now. i was a huge fan of the first game and now having compleated this one as well i think it is even better and i did not think would be possible to improve on an already perfect game but they have done it. with amzaing graphics that makes it feel like you are watcing a movie the whole time instead of playing a game awsome voice actors new characters and the same wit and laugh out loud moments that you fall in love with in the first game there is simply no flaws that i can point out in this game. i have not played online mode yet since the story is so good and very unique based on an interesting concept i have not found a need to do so. i cannot wait for Uncharted 3 and will be pre ordering it asap and urge anyone with a love of games to get this series because both games in this series are can't miss oportunities for a fun filled adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the suprising ending Expand
  38. Jun 12, 2013
    Naughty Dog definitely can impress us gamer's 'cause this game is amazing! An entire game that acts and plays out like an actual movie is awesome! Wonder what else they got in stored for us in the future!
  39. Nov 19, 2013
    Un juegazo, uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3, solo superado por su tercera entrega, la que forma la trilogía, la verdad, es un juegazo, tanto en la trama como en la jugabilidad, diversión, enganche, gráficos, sonido, innovación, le gana en todo a la primera entrega aplastando muchos juegos de este mismo genero, no conozco aun un juego de semejantes características y deUn juegazo, uno de los mejores juegos de Playstation 3, solo superado por su tercera entrega, la que forma la trilogía, la verdad, es un juegazo, tanto en la trama como en la jugabilidad, diversión, enganche, gráficos, sonido, innovación, le gana en todo a la primera entrega aplastando muchos juegos de este mismo genero, no conozco aun un juego de semejantes características y de inigualable nivel (excepto el 3) Expand
  40. Jul 31, 2012
    This is the best uncharted game so far. Long, visually stunning, deep and explosive, Uncharted 2 combines all the qualities you can find in a videogame, and more! No video game has ever done a better job of capturing the style and rhythm of the movies.
  41. Jul 12, 2013
    This is one of the best and my favorite ps3 exclusives, not only from ps3 but one of the best playstation exclusives. I love everything, the story, the dialog and the jokes the characters make, the gameplay and the bonus. For 2009 this game has much more quality than other games that came this year. Sure it isn't perfect, during the game i noticed that when i tried to pick a weapon thatThis is one of the best and my favorite ps3 exclusives, not only from ps3 but one of the best playstation exclusives. I love everything, the story, the dialog and the jokes the characters make, the gameplay and the bonus. For 2009 this game has much more quality than other games that came this year. Sure it isn't perfect, during the game i noticed that when i tried to pick a weapon that was above another weapon it was hard and confusing and the video quality was a little strange but with the big load of bonus stuff it's impossible to deny that this is one of the best adventure/ shooter of this generation and i didn't expected less from Naughty Dog and Sony. Expand
  42. Jan 20, 2012
    It's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most willIt's not hard to see why the Uncharted series is so successful. Drake's Fortune was a brilliantly crafted third person action adventure/shooter than was a few steps short of a golden fortune. The wisecracking protagonist is back, in what is his finest game to date. Unbelievable pacing, with action setpieces and stunning moments, pitched brilliantly and often into the campaign. Most will finish this game in one sitting but that's because the game constantly excels itself with beautiful scenery, clever puzzles and fantastic gunplay. It now even boasts multiplayer, with some narrative elements afoot. In short Uncharted 2 begs to be the top dog, and if this game is any indication, it has succeeded without fault. Expand
  43. Feb 20, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.2 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Really beautiful game with colorful graphics and nice level design. Just should be less straight.
  44. Aug 28, 2011
    I can't say this game was as good as the first one but it was still a great game. Again the story was fun and really sucked you in. The returning characters were awesome with a few good additions and overall the game was addicting and just fun. Well worth the money.
  45. Dec 15, 2014
    Why is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die andWhy is this game not perfect? I've heard so much about this being one of the most perfect games and sure it's great. One of the best of its generation but why I don't think it is perfect is because the the climbing/parkore elements while they look cool and exciting actually don't provide any challenge or visceral fun. The music and scenes will make you think at times that you could die and that you better hurry up but really its a facade. The puzzle gameplay consists of you looking in your journal for the answer. Identify symbols in your journal to the symbols in the environment and bam easy peasy. There is nothing to really think about and for a puzzle there should be something to think about. The action gameplay is really good. A lot better than Uncharted 1 but there isn't much variation. It is mostly walk into an area kill everybody in it and occassionally reinforcements will come and you gotta kill them to.

The game is great but I just concentrated on the few negatives because I feel that most people just praise it like it is perfect and I disagree.
  46. Jan 10, 2012
    A jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC trainA jaw dropping game. The animations, textures, music, and voice acting are all amazing to behold. But it's the way the game is paced that is its biggest accomplishment. The game rarely lets up, and has you racing from one peril into another at an exciting speed. This is really the only game I can think of that made me feel so damn excited while I played it, particularly the EPIC train sequence in the middle of the game. This game alone has made my recent purchase of a PS3 worth it. It's a f*cking awesome game, and I can't believe how much I enjoyed playing it. Expand
  47. Dec 6, 2012
    If you want realistic movements on your games you are definitely going to see repeated movements on the different games, you can't compare Gears Of War with Uncharted 2, come on!, Tomb Raider, really?, bad controls? they're one of the easiest controls out there! I mean if you don't like adventure games it's O.k. go back to Street Fighter but don't hate a game that its developers reallyIf you want realistic movements on your games you are definitely going to see repeated movements on the different games, you can't compare Gears Of War with Uncharted 2, come on!, Tomb Raider, really?, bad controls? they're one of the easiest controls out there! I mean if you don't like adventure games it's O.k. go back to Street Fighter but don't hate a game that its developers really spend time on polishing details as they did in this game (that's why it seems like a beautiful cinematic), if you don't want to spend 12 hours on this game instead you want weeks or months for "someone" or "something" to give you credit for your "efforts" play Zelda perhaps or make exercise. If you like cellphone games such as LIMBO it's ok too (I also like LIMBO) but don't compare it's not the same thing, personally I wasn't feeling smart while solving the puzzles just wanted to discover what was next, please don't talk about cliche on video games, like 99.9% of them are based on characters and scenarios that are not from the video game world, and by God how can you compare Uncahrted 2 with a game of Chess are you INSANE!! I understand that you want to express your fillings but this is a critic site not a Psychologist. I don't think that it deserves a 10 either only for the fact that I also think that it's missing some game play. But I can assure anyone that is looking for a good adventure game and it's not jealous of others success, that this is one of the best adventure games EVER. Expand
  48. Apr 11, 2016
    this is the best game this gen i have just beat the games and it's amazing it was about 14 hours for me i really take my time to find all the tres i def say get this game if you have a ps3 if you dont get a ps3 and get this game.
  49. Feb 12, 2012
    Uncharted 2 is BY FAR the BEST GAME EVER!!!! Ø
  50. Nov 24, 2013
    I never played the first one, but I thought this game was worth a try and it was.
    I enjoyed almost all of it except the darn puzzles, hopefully though they will consider continuing this on the ps4. It can be very difficult sometimes even on easy. This is a [Must buy]
  51. Feb 12, 2012
    Hands down! Uncharted 2 the best games this gen.. The Story is AMAZING!! Nathan Drake is hands down the best main protagonist ever... I liked this game more than mass effect 2 which was a really great game too! But Uncharted 2 is soooo much better than any other game i have ever played The gameplay and the story makes it one of the best games ever... It pretty long game too.. I finished itHands down! Uncharted 2 the best games this gen.. The Story is AMAZING!! Nathan Drake is hands down the best main protagonist ever... I liked this game more than mass effect 2 which was a really great game too! But Uncharted 2 is soooo much better than any other game i have ever played The gameplay and the story makes it one of the best games ever... It pretty long game too.. I finished it in 22 hours and it will take you even longer if you looked for treasures and tried to platinum it Expand
  52. Sep 28, 2013
    "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" cruzó los límites, ¡Qué manera de mejorar un juego de esa forma, todo lo que tiene la primera entrega triplicado en la secuela sin perder el tono cinematográfico de Naughty Dog! Sin duda alguna, tuve suerte de comprar la PlayStation 3 y convertir este juego en el primer título que compré para la consola. Un juego bellísimo y excepcional, espectacular desde la"Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" cruzó los límites, ¡Qué manera de mejorar un juego de esa forma, todo lo que tiene la primera entrega triplicado en la secuela sin perder el tono cinematográfico de Naughty Dog! Sin duda alguna, tuve suerte de comprar la PlayStation 3 y convertir este juego en el primer título que compré para la consola. Un juego bellísimo y excepcional, espectacular desde la "e" hasta la "r". Un magnífico título que tiene bien merecido el Premio VGA a la categoría de Mejor Juego del año 2009. "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" es pura pasión, acción, emoción y aventura para el espectador general. Expand
  53. Oct 14, 2012
    Maybe the best action adventure game i've ever played. Great storyline, great adventure, great experience. The Multiplayer is a lot of fun too. A true classic! By the way i'm already on the 3rd playtrhough...
  54. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  55. Jun 6, 2012
    I love everything about this game. It's very pretty and very fun to play. Combat system has been improved and the story is perfect. Nathan Drake is the Indiana Jones for this generation. It's a non-stop, balls out, un apoligetic action fiesta. aquire this game without delay!
  56. Feb 21, 2011
    I cant believe that i havent gave a review about this yet, this game is amazing the graphics, story, voice acting, online, graphics, story, voice acting and the online. Yes i know that i have put the good points twice but thats how good it is.

Cant wait for U3 :)
  57. Dec 11, 2011
    Pretty decent game with great graphics and cinematics. A lot of fun wall hopping and killing dudes in a variety of ways. Campaign is short at around 8 hours or less. Would have preferred more weapons to choose from, but still good. Multiplayer is a good add-on to the main game. I was more than happy to step into drakes boots again.
  58. Apr 14, 2016
    One of the Best PS3 Exclusives, and one of the best action adventure game

+ Nathan Drake, Sully and Elena are back
    + Awesome Gameplay
    + Fun Story
    + Great Multiplayer
    + Chloe Frazer
  59. Aug 13, 2014
    Another masterful game from Naughty Dog, and one of the best console exclusive games of all time. With some of the best graphics, voice acting and scenery I've ever seen. It is very immersive, and shows you just how emotional a game can be. You will care about Nate, and the friends he makes along the way. The shooting is great, and challenging enough for you to stay attentive. And theAnother masterful game from Naughty Dog, and one of the best console exclusive games of all time. With some of the best graphics, voice acting and scenery I've ever seen. It is very immersive, and shows you just how emotional a game can be. You will care about Nate, and the friends he makes along the way. The shooting is great, and challenging enough for you to stay attentive. And the story, it is one of, if not the best story ever in a video game. My only bone to pick with it is that the melee combat still needs work. But otherwise, the game is spotless. Expand
  60. Apr 26, 2011
    10/10 = Masterpiece = One of the best action titles of all-time, also one of the best looking.
  61. Mar 6, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER!!!! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  62. Sep 26, 2012
    I had heard about this game alot, before I have actually played the game. I had very high expectation before playing and guess what? I was not disappointed by my hope, but instead I was amazed by this game. This game is perfect in my opinion. Everything is freaking great. If you think the game is not good, do not play video games anymore, because they are just not for you.
  63. Apr 10, 2011
    If you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation butIf you own a PS3 and havn't played this by now, if you've still got any doubts of this games quality then allow me put them to rest. Firstly, any negative reviews you may have read are clearly written by people with some sort of agenda or by people who know nothing about decent games. Secondly, you can get it pretty cheap now. Yeah it's linear and it doesn't have any genuine innovation but the gameplay's so polished and the action so breathtaking that you won't notice or care. Stunning set piece follows thrilling shootout and the quality just doesn't let up throughout the entire game. The graphics, the cut scenes, script and voice acting are also of the very highest quality and the whole experience is like being in a great action movie while still feeling like a game. Many people have called Uncharted 2 the best game of this generation; I feel it falls just short of that accolade but i will call it the greatest pure action game i've ever played and (I'll say it again) - must buy! Expand
  64. Nov 17, 2011
    Uncharted 2 is just plain amazing. It is very well one of the best games I have ever played, second only to Grand Theft Auto IV. Nathan Drake's latest journey is amazing. The graphics are flat out amazing, the voice acting is great, the characters are great , and the set pieces are breath-taking, it's like watching a movie! The plot is great, the plot of a typical action movie and theUncharted 2 is just plain amazing. It is very well one of the best games I have ever played, second only to Grand Theft Auto IV. Nathan Drake's latest journey is amazing. The graphics are flat out amazing, the voice acting is great, the characters are great , and the set pieces are breath-taking, it's like watching a movie! The plot is great, the plot of a typical action movie and the action is wowinvoking as well. The gameplay is very good, one of the best controls schemes to date and I feel like I am Nathan Drake when I play. The humanization is so cool that you feel more attached to the characters. The action genre just got renovated with Uncharted 2, not only does it set the bar for the series but the bar for action games and gaming in general. Flaws, there are like virtually no flaws at all but just that maybe a tiny tiny portion is inariably clunky and that is the gnplay which can be a little twitchy but nonetheless almost perfect and platforming is a little limited, again, just a little but still Uncharted 2 gives you many ways to tackle the situation. These flaws are very minute compared to the rest of the game and they are teeny tiny problems in general. Overall Uncharted 2 is an amazing that I absolutely love. It's thrilling, it's entertaining, it's flat-out amazing. I will never look at video games the same way. Uncharted 2 comes second only to GTA IV. I love this game. Breakdown for "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves": Presentation: 10, Graphics: 10, Sound: 10, Playability: 9.8, Lasting Appeal: 10. Verdict: 9.9 out of 10 "Amazing". The best adventure game of all time. Expand
  65. Nov 22, 2014
    What can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. ButWhat can I say? The game is fine. Critically it's not anything that much special, but the magic comes from one thing: it is better than the sum of all of its parts. It is like a good dish, that is good for the composition and nothing stands out more than it needs to. The production value is high and it shows from start to finish. There is not a single moment that feels unpolished. But that's also the problem with it (if problem is even the right word here), it fails to travel that last 10% on the road to greatness. It is a bit too composed in itself, too proud to exist and too self-aware to take risks, like it can do more, but it's too scared to reach out. Expand
  66. Jun 30, 2014
    Great graphics, great gameplay and a gripping story which means it's damn addictive make this a fantastic 3rd person Adventure game. It's more of a shooter than a puzzler, which wouldn't normally be my preference. However the cover system and light hearted nature of the game (mainly thanks to Drake's great sense of humour) makes this massive fun from start to finish. The final boss was aGreat graphics, great gameplay and a gripping story which means it's damn addictive make this a fantastic 3rd person Adventure game. It's more of a shooter than a puzzler, which wouldn't normally be my preference. However the cover system and light hearted nature of the game (mainly thanks to Drake's great sense of humour) makes this massive fun from start to finish. The final boss was a bit of a letdown for me and occasionally the constant cover shooting felt a little repetitive but that's just me being picky. Generally this is some of the best fun that can be had playing a video game! Expand
  67. Dec 29, 2012
    In case you didn't know, Uncharted 2 was "The Game" of 2009. Winning 32 GOTY Awards, Uncharted 2 was universally acclaimed as one of the best games in PS3. Why not play it? Uncharted 2 takes off right after Uncharted 1, where our Hero, Nathan Drake, teams up with some buddies to discover the treasure Marco Polo and his fleet were after. Well, that is just the beginning, really. I'm notIn case you didn't know, Uncharted 2 was "The Game" of 2009. Winning 32 GOTY Awards, Uncharted 2 was universally acclaimed as one of the best games in PS3. Why not play it? Uncharted 2 takes off right after Uncharted 1, where our Hero, Nathan Drake, teams up with some buddies to discover the treasure Marco Polo and his fleet were after. Well, that is just the beginning, really. I'm not going to tell more because Uncharted 2 is full of twists and surprises. The characters are all charismatic (Except for the Bad Guy, he isn't too "nice") and Nathan's journey is full of dangers, puzzles and shooting, LOTS OF SHOOTING. That gets us to the gameplay: Jump, punch and shoot. We will climb around majestic temples, kill some bad guys silently by our stealth ability, and of course shooting. And that's where the game sort of misses its pace. In the original Uncharted, we've sweared a lot as we were that fat boy in South Park, because we died a lot trying to kill wave after wave of enemies that came in the same room, leaving little progress. Uncharted 2 does the same. Although you can try to avoid the shooting by attacking silently, sooner or later someone will see you and another 1000 guys will come and start shooting. Another thing that this game has and it shouldn't is its extreme dificulty. I played it on medium and got stucked for so long I HAD to change it to easy, that is the true Medium pace of the game. It is a really hard game, and the boss battles are nerve-wracking (My inner "Fat Boy from South Park" bursted again), but the game still takes advantage of that. It's tense, exciting....It's like taking a Summer Mega-budget Blockbuster Movie and take it to the screen. The graphics are from other world. You will be astonished by how beautiful the game looks, both in the short movies and in the actual gameplay, and it goes really well with the story. And when the game actually ends (And this game it's a truly cheater, you think it has ended, BUT NO, there are a lot of adventures to come) you will feel a relaxing sensation all over your body, your nerves will return to its normal position and you will understand how awesome this, let's say 10-15 hours game it is. But that's no the end! Naughty Dog has added a Multiplayer complement, and it's phenomenal. Customized matches and the typical ones like Team Deathmach and Capture the flag, but with the beautiful maps and scenery of Uncharted, and the Third Person Perspective. Trust me, you're gonna have lots of fun. The weapons are really good, the perks, the maps are so well designed it's always pleasant to put PlayStation Network into action with this type of Online Multiplayer. So, let's give this game a 9. It definately is one of the best game on PS3, and one of the games that contain most epicness. Expand
  68. Aug 12, 2010
    The only thing I didn't like from the game is that it was too short!

The story line is awesome, the characters are really believable (animation, script, voices), and the graphics are stunning.

The most immersive game in terms of storytelling ever. You really feel as if you were Indiana Jones of the 21st century.

Clearly one of the best games on the ps3.
  69. Jul 2, 2012
    This is the second best series next to Metal Gear Solid for me. This game in particular has the best storyline of the three that are out thus far. The shooting sequences are very fun and the graphics are top notch; only being beaten by Uncharted 3 in 2011. This game is a true masterpiece! My only complains are some minor control issues as well as the stealth and melee system, howeverThis is the second best series next to Metal Gear Solid for me. This game in particular has the best storyline of the three that are out thus far. The shooting sequences are very fun and the graphics are top notch; only being beaten by Uncharted 3 in 2011. This game is a true masterpiece! My only complains are some minor control issues as well as the stealth and melee system, however both of these issues were fixed for Uncharted 3 Expand
  70. Nov 8, 2015
    Near perfect game. If you own a ps3 or a ps4 (remaster) pick it up and play it. Controls are tight, story is great, set pieces are great. just a good all round game
  71. Nov 1, 2011
    This is game is freakin amazing. Everything in this game is fantastic and awesome. If you have a PS3 , get this game. If you dont have a ps3 , go buy one and this game!! 10/10
  72. Jun 23, 2012
    I'm surprised at some if not all the negative reviews but everyone has their own interpretation of what they play...I enjoyed this very much.while the gameplay might scream tomb raider rip off it actually plays much much better than lara's to the point where you tell yourself "why did I even compare the two! I also found the gunplay excellently implemented! You can either run & gun or useI'm surprised at some if not all the negative reviews but everyone has their own interpretation of what they play...I enjoyed this very much.while the gameplay might scream tomb raider rip off it actually plays much much better than lara's to the point where you tell yourself "why did I even compare the two! I also found the gunplay excellently implemented! You can either run & gun or use the duck & cover option & silently take out enemy's. The presentation in this game is unbelievable as you progress through the game playing with character's that bring so much life to the game! The enemy. A.I. is smart enough to keep things interesting and the level design is top notch but the true star of the game has to be the story which is very well written and blends well with action like the train level which is my favorite level to end this review I walked away very pleased especially if you can beat crushing difficultly!!! This is a must own for action adventure gamers everywhere!! with characters that just bring so much life to them while facing smart enemies on well crafted levels. Expand
  73. Oct 11, 2012
    I knew going into it that it was supposed to be better than the first but I didn't know how well it was going to keep my suspense up and surprise up after so recently having played the first. In every way I thought this was an improvement over the first game which I've never really felt about a series before. It felt just a unique, beautiful, and well-told as the Drakes Fortune. The pacingI knew going into it that it was supposed to be better than the first but I didn't know how well it was going to keep my suspense up and surprise up after so recently having played the first. In every way I thought this was an improvement over the first game which I've never really felt about a series before. It felt just a unique, beautiful, and well-told as the Drakes Fortune. The pacing felt strange to me as at chapter 22 it said that I had played for almost seven hours and then the last four chapters took another three or four hours. So the back end felt pretty heavy but it wasn't in a way that made you ask "When is this going to end?". I'm excited for the third but am going to give myself a break to avoid burning myself out on the series. Expand
  74. Aug 15, 2015
    I can't believe how much I disliked Uncharted 1 yet loved Uncharted 2. They did everything right with U2 compared to U1. The soundtrack is amazing, so are the graphics, the story is solid Hollywood action-flick, the characters are great. But then comes the gameplay and I don't know how but it was so much better than Uncharted 1. 9/10
  75. May 1, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games with great graphics, a story with meaningful characters and epic action set pieces. The game play, story and action come together beautifully for a game that's engaging and just has that spark that motivates you to jump right back in and play it again. Uncharted 2 has its flaws but it has made great improvements over the original. I don't play muchUncharted 2 is one of my favourite games with great graphics, a story with meaningful characters and epic action set pieces. The game play, story and action come together beautifully for a game that's engaging and just has that spark that motivates you to jump right back in and play it again. Uncharted 2 has its flaws but it has made great improvements over the original. I don't play much multiplayer but it is pretty good and worth some time. Overall one of the best games you can get Expand
  76. Feb 7, 2014
    Definitely the best in series as there's still enough gameplay mixed in with all the interactive movie gubbings that Naughty Dog love. This is the one they got right, but I still find the series quite over rated. Still recommend this
  77. May 20, 2015
    Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they madeUncharted 2 is one of my favorite games ever made. I played it for the first time back in 2010. In these 5 years I have replayed it few times. Most recently yesterday. The graphics were fantastic back when I played it and even today they rival the graphics on PS4. The game has beautiful scenery and an amazing story. The voice acting is also top notch. Game mechanics are great and they made a lot of improvements from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. There are no loading times either. Playing through the game again after a few years was a really nostalgic experience. I especially loved how the enemies became tougher and tougher towards the end. This is a basic video game gimmick, but in this game it was really fun part of the game.

10/10 no question!
  78. Apr 16, 2016
    After playing the piece of **** game that was Uncharted 1 my expectations for this game were very low, thankfully i was wrong and Uncharted 2 is not only a huge, HUGE, HUGE!!! improvement over the last game, but it's also one of the best adventure games i have ever played.

STORY: You start hanging on a train, you avoid death and then it goes into a flashback. After getting enormous treasure at the end of Uncharted 1, Nathan is just minding his own business when suddenly an old friend of his called Flynn offers Nathan a new "job" which consists of getting a treasure of Marco Polo in a museum with the help of a girl called Chloe. Eventually they do just that and find a treasure map that leads to Shambhala and the Cintamani stone, but after hearing this Flynn betrays Nathan and makes it so Nathan gets captured. Sully and Chloe get Nathan out of prison and now it's a race to see who gets the stone first. This story has a much more Indiana Jones type of feel and i love for that.

PRESENTATION: Graphics are greatly improved with more colors, better models, physics, textures, lighting effects, animations and shaders, but the eyes look weird and sometimes the human models look like they're made with plastic, but aside from that there's i have nothing to complain about.

Same goes for the music, since it's more memorable than last time and it fits the situation perfectly.

The game runs at 720p and 30fps, but with this level of detail...i feel is justified (unlike the first game).

Overall a great presentation and if i had to nitpick about it...well i did found 3 glitches in my 10 hour playthrough...that's it.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 2 not only fixes every problem i had with the first game in this aspect, but it also adds some new stuff to make this a far better game.

First of all the parkour system has been improved. Now you can move in a 3D environment while climbing, rather than just pushing X a few times to get from point A to point B on a wall. You can climb by hanging on the roofs and you can shoot while...well...climbing. You can also switch from from side to side by pressing X and you can drop down to hang on another things. The parkour system is more interesting and fun this time around thanks to all this improvements.

Aiming is a lot more precise and less loose. The cover mechanic is a lot more well done, you can switch from place to place immediately while covering by pressing O while holding the analog stick and if you sneak up on a enemy, you can silently take them out with the square button. And if you do that you can steal from them a bunch weapons like some guns or grenades, that now have their own button (or trigger if you consider is on L2), which makes them a lot more convenient to use and if you press the trigger by error, just push up on the D-pad to cancel it.

Melee combat is a lot faster, but still very simple. You just mash the Square button until they die and if they attack you you can press Triangle to dodge and counterattack...umm...that sounds familiar...Batman Arkham Asylum anyone?. Nah but to be fair both titles did came out the same year, but Batman did came out 2 months earlier. If you defeat some enemies with the melee combat they will give their items, like riot shields or whatever.

There's a lot of weapons in this game and surprisingly i found myself switching from weapon to weapon (especially at the later part of the game). Checkpoints are really abundant and fair. The quick time events are still here and they are used just like in God of War, to solve puzzles, push this, see this, see that, etc. The game has some awesome set pieces that get you so pumped and it's just...ugh so epic. And the puzzles are still easy, but more creative.

The game has incredible variety, sometimes you do puzzles, sometimes you shoot with cover, sometimes you shoot without cover, or while carrying someone, or shooting while climbing, or shooting solo, or shooting with 2-4 panthers, or running away while shooting or other times without shooting, really the differences in kind are all over the place.

The partners this time get a lot more attention this time. And don't worry the AI works very well and heck they can even kill enemies. Sometimes you need them to get over that or drop something to go up, and it's really useful and fun.

The only negative thing i can say is that there's a lack of bosses in this game, but i will say that this game final boss is a lot better compared to the mindless and boring quick time event boss we got last time.

I don't know if i made it clear at this point, but Uncharted 2 is an incredible game. While the first game was just a big disappointment, this...this is what you call a great sequel and a great game overall and with improved mechanics like parkour, melee and shooting, great graphics, music, variety, more colors and just being outright fun. Uncharted 2 gets a 10/10 a must have for the PS3 and if the frame rate and resolution really bothers you, play it on PS4.
  79. Nov 11, 2010
    Epic from start to finish. Atmospheric and exillarating. The graphics and fluidity are sublime. Its challenging but not too challenging. I truly recommend this title.
  80. Oct 31, 2011
    The original Uncharted was already a fantastic game, albeit a bit derivative. It combined the best components of several action/adventure titles and executed them perfectly. The same applies to Uncharted 2 and while it seems impossible to improve on this formula any more, that's exactly what they've done, with bigger environments, better graphics, more complex story and all around improvedThe original Uncharted was already a fantastic game, albeit a bit derivative. It combined the best components of several action/adventure titles and executed them perfectly. The same applies to Uncharted 2 and while it seems impossible to improve on this formula any more, that's exactly what they've done, with bigger environments, better graphics, more complex story and all around improved performance and polish. In addition to the already impressive single player campaign the developers decided to add a fully fleshed out multiplayer mode that rivals any of the top competitive multiplayer games on the market. This is gaming at its finest. Expand
  81. Apr 8, 2015
    Uncharted 2 was a game that long I haven't carefully considered, as well as the first chapter. But when I played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, I realized what I was missing and how was valiant and beautiful the saga created by Naughty Dog for PlayStation 3.

In facts Uncharted 2, despite I've played and finished the one before, introduced itself as something totally new. It was a third-person shooter with free-climbing mechanical and an advanced covering system, yes, but it had something different. Sure, at first, what left me stunned was graphics: perfect; 10 out of 10. Characters, settings and everything else was magnificent. Already the first chapter had shown the potential of PS3, but Uncharted 2 pushed to the limit the console by touching levels beyond the standards.

Particularly beautiful were the melee fights, shootings, driving sequences powered by a fluidity and a frenzy that I had never seen before. All the gameplay it's been improved from the first Uncharted, and it's been led to much higher levels. Beautiful was the part on the train, made impeccably and practically perfect. Maybe the puzzles were not so great, but for sure they were fun and nice. And then a great plot, inspired by the adventures of Indiana Jones and the travels of Marco Polo, which was really nice and took me to push me from one place to the other in the world, making live to the protagonist, Nathan Drake (and also me, of course) a really great adventure.

From the jungles of Borneo, to the mountain ranges of the Himalayas. From tibetan villages to the beautiful Shangri-La. And it's been a really long journey because this game was so long that at some point it gave me a sensation something like "It is not over, yet?", and it is important to remember it. Yes, Uncharted 2 was a great adventure, a journey metaphor of life, full of historical implications and great cinematographic twists, adding the fantasy gimmicks as supernatural beings and occult. Good was also the humor typical of the series that never fails, even in cases more desperate.

The good guys of Naughty Dog did it: Uncharted 2 is a memorable masterpiece.
  82. Nov 4, 2011
    This is a good game, but it is a bit overrated. This is yet another game that gets too much credit for having "flashy, cinematic looks", yet no one criticizes it's often scripted gameplay. After playing amazing open world games like GTA, Infamous, and Assassin's Creed...a game with so many scripted sequences just seems obsolete. This game was basically designed mostly to show off its fancyThis is a good game, but it is a bit overrated. This is yet another game that gets too much credit for having "flashy, cinematic looks", yet no one criticizes it's often scripted gameplay. After playing amazing open world games like GTA, Infamous, and Assassin's Creed...a game with so many scripted sequences just seems obsolete. This game was basically designed mostly to show off its fancy environments and to create a "hollywood movie" feel by using dramatic camera angles and big scripted sequences...but beneath that shiny exterior lies a somewhat shallow game. I much prefer open world games that allow unexpected and things to happen, and they allow the user to try various ways to complete a task....rather than being forced into a scripted sequence. i'm more impressed by games that create a dynamic world that challenge you to complete tasks in your own way by using your brain. There are some cool parts that require thinking, but these moments are too few and far between. I do have to give them props for the amazing environments and responsive control - these factors go a long way in making this game more enjoyable. Expand
  83. Jun 18, 2011
    Pretty one dimensional, but great fun nevertheless. Responsive controls, great graphics, funny dialogue - the only real downside is the overly-simple puzzles.
  84. Dec 13, 2010
    This game is very good but not perfect, i,ll give the story, voice acting, music, graphics and presentation all a 10/10 but not the actual gameplay. The graphics in a way blinds everyone from what they are actually playing. The gameplay is very average climb, run, walk, shoot, take cover, its not bad but not awesome so the gameplay deserves a 7.5/10. This is simply a very crisp and pretty game.
  85. Feb 26, 2012
    AN excellent game. Very well made. Creative, innovate, and intricate designed. A vast improvement from it's sad predecessor. As always voice acting is the best out there, and the scenes surpass even those found in Hollywood. Tighter gameplay, yet it can get boring. An interesting story, but nothing worth applauding. Still felt a little scripted. Overall, very well made.
  86. Mar 15, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a fantastic action game with great characters, a gripping story and great graphics. The game begins with a very cool setpiece that will have you on the edge of your seat and it will keep you there throughout the game, the game will last you probably about 8-12 hours depending on how fast you play. The multiplayer in the game is pretty good, It's not amazingUncharted 2: Among Thieves is a fantastic action game with great characters, a gripping story and great graphics. The game begins with a very cool setpiece that will have you on the edge of your seat and it will keep you there throughout the game, the game will last you probably about 8-12 hours depending on how fast you play. The multiplayer in the game is pretty good, It's not amazing but it's probably one of the best multiplayer experiences to be found on PS3, although now it's better to go to Uncharted 3 for multiplayer, The best part of this game is experiencing the story and it's characters whilst having some top notch gameplay and graphics. This is my favorite of the Uncharted series and anyone who is looking for a good action game will enjoy this. Expand
  87. Sep 16, 2011
    It's been long time of thinking about rate of this game. But after 100 hours in multiplayer and 40 hours in single mode, i have to give perfect score. There's no other game that i played all 3 times. Did i say something about graphics? No, because there's more important things - thrilling qte's and perfect music.
  88. Nov 13, 2013
    Quite possibly the best PlayStation 3 game to date. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improves on everything from the original, Drake's Fortune, marrying fun gameplay with impressive cinematic moments.
  89. Feb 23, 2014
    If Drake's Fortune was the setup, this game is the payoff. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece in every aspect. The writing and performances are smart and snapy, the graphics are amazing, and the story is much more compelling than the first installment.
  90. Oct 9, 2011
    Naughty Dog does it again--they seem to never make a mediocre game! Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly not a mediocre game. The characters are real characters, the story is deep, engaging and is executed properly. What Uncharted 2's real goal was to bring real cinematic entertainment into a shooter platform, it has surely succeeded in doing so. Uncharted 2 theme is adventurous, the animations lookNaughty Dog does it again--they seem to never make a mediocre game! Uncharted 2 is undoubtedly not a mediocre game. The characters are real characters, the story is deep, engaging and is executed properly. What Uncharted 2's real goal was to bring real cinematic entertainment into a shooter platform, it has surely succeeded in doing so. Uncharted 2 theme is adventurous, the animations look lifelike, the action is intense and the violence is pure. Expand
  91. Mar 17, 2013
    I've actually just started playing the uncharted games starting with the third one. While playing the third game I remember saying to myself how there is NO way uncharted 2 could top this. Boy was I wrong. More exciting, more action packed, better shootouts and a much better story. Uncharted 2 is flawless.
  92. May 7, 2012
    Theirs a reason why this game is 2009's Game of the Year. It won so many GOTY awards that it went into the World records book as "most acclaimed game". Uncharted 2 is easily one of the best games ever created and all the reviewers raved about that. Words can not express on how out-stand/brilliant this game is.
  93. Jan 3, 2014
    Tis is the best possible PS3 exclusive that you can possibly get your hands on. The campaign excels better than the first a more creative plot and many twists. The graphics would no doubt be the best graphics of any game on any system in 2009. Naughty Dog is best at using those-sharp edge graphics. From jungle to snow mountain, scenery is beautiful and the story is compelling. TheTis is the best possible PS3 exclusive that you can possibly get your hands on. The campaign excels better than the first a more creative plot and many twists. The graphics would no doubt be the best graphics of any game on any system in 2009. Naughty Dog is best at using those-sharp edge graphics. From jungle to snow mountain, scenery is beautiful and the story is compelling. The multiplayer offered a wide range of games and offers a different type of play. There are also Co-op 3 person survival that tags along with different game modes. Uncharted 2 is a grand success for Naughty Dog, and is a genuine outstanding game. U2 is currently the ninth best-ranked game of all time on game-rankings (I'm pretty sure) and for me is no doubt one of the top 5 best games this generation. This game has been called a "masterpiece" because it is and will no doubly be called that for generations to come. Expand
  94. Jul 8, 2011
    After I beat the first Uncharted of a year ago, I immediately went and picked up this title. There is a reason that this is my favorite video game. Once again, Naughty Dog delivers with the story and the gameplay mix of 3rd person shooting, platforming and puzzles. The graphics look flat out amazing and shows what the PS3 is totally capable of! The multiplayer in this game is surprisingAfter I beat the first Uncharted of a year ago, I immediately went and picked up this title. There is a reason that this is my favorite video game. Once again, Naughty Dog delivers with the story and the gameplay mix of 3rd person shooting, platforming and puzzles. The graphics look flat out amazing and shows what the PS3 is totally capable of! The multiplayer in this game is surprising good and is probably the premiere multiplayer shooter/platformer. This is an amazing game and DEFINITELY check this title out. Expand
  95. Oct 13, 2011
    A true successor to the original. The aiming/movement has been improved, with a great multiplayer package, expanded cast to make this on most people's shortlists for best PS3 game, best looking game, best game of all time and rightfully so, this game deserves it. Treasures, medals, multiplayer and the compelling singleplayer will have you playing this for days/weeks/months, even years.
  96. Oct 30, 2012
    Best PS3 game ! This game have everything : Great action sequence, great combat, awesome graphics, great control and great cinematics ! A must in every PS3 owner's game library !
  97. Aug 25, 2011
    A great story told extremely well, there are even some funny bits. Pretty basic gameplay but still a very fun game. More of the same awesomeness as the first Uncharted.
  98. Apr 20, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. After picking up the nathan drake series for the ps4, I am replaying the uncharted series in anticipation of uncharted 4. From all the uncharted games I have played, this is my favorite.

Overall its a huge improvement from uncharted 1. Gunplay is better, they introduced some new elements to combat and there are a few more enemy types than the previous game. The gun play was alot of fun. Platforming has been improved and there arent as many fustrating deaths as the first game. Some of the puzzles in this game had excellent platforming and i was amazed at the level of creativity the designers put into some of the more complex puzzles. The puzzles themselves were quite simple to solve, but the complex ones were really a blast to get through (get ready for some smart climbing and wall jumping). Its obvious that alot of effort has gone into this game, from the research that went into developing the levels (for the tibet section they had staff visit nepal so they could help make the places feel more authentic in the games), to the excellent camera angles which help the player be even more immersed in this action packed game. It seemed even the most simplest of jumps had a surprise in store for the player. Drake handled much smoother than the previous uncharted game and the graphics of this game still look fantastic till today. I was also glad that there were more places that we went to, unlike the first game which seemed to always be in some random jungle.

The most fun i had in this game were during the set pieces which were action packed and a joy to play. I.e. helicopter chasing you in the city, fighting your way through a train, and the tank in the village in the mountains. Drakes humor during these scenes are a laugh. To me, the game fulfilled being an action adventure which had me engaged in the action as if itbwas an action movie I was playing. The story and characters are great. Yes sometimes the story seems a little far fetched in areas (the secret city of shambala not ever being spotted by a plane?) And one of the levels i really didnt like (convoy), but these are very minor issues. A superb effort and a must play for any gamer.
  99. Jul 5, 2013
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from a blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times IUncharted 2: Among Thieves is in the top 3 of the best games of all time. It is a masterpiece combined with ridiculously good graphics, great characters, a villain scary and unpredictable. A fantastic story, with moments taken from a blockbuster movie, simple combat, summarized to three buttons, but effective. The game has a multiplayer fun and worth playing. The game, at least the times I played had no bug, and it runs perfectly well. The voice acting is amazing, good puzzles, and the shotting has no problem at all. Arguably the best game in the PS3, and one of the best of all time. Expand
  100. Jun 12, 2011
    Haha, it's so funny to see X-boys rating this game 0/10. What's wrong with people? First of all this is the best game I've played in 10 years. And that's not just because of the graphics, the storyline is superb, the acting is amazing, the animation is top class, epic gunfights, the characters are lovable and they feel like people. Nathan Drake, our hero, is no macho guy who says "shot me,Haha, it's so funny to see X-boys rating this game 0/10. What's wrong with people? First of all this is the best game I've played in 10 years. And that's not just because of the graphics, the storyline is superb, the acting is amazing, the animation is top class, epic gunfights, the characters are lovable and they feel like people. Nathan Drake, our hero, is no macho guy who says "shot me, helicopter, you're nothing to me, I'm the man!". No, he says "No way!"or "What about a break? Can't you guys see the helicopter!" (The helicopter is trying to kill him) He feels real, so everyone who says this is like Gears of War are wrong. This is Uncharted. Collapse

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.