Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PlayStation 3

• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Oct 13, 2009
8.8

1. Jul 26, 2013
    Naughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, andNaughty Dog created quite a fantastic experience and really shows off what the PS3 can do. The Indiana Jones feel is still here but the plat-forming reminded me less of the Prince of Persia series this time around, which is a good thing because it helps the series carve out it's own identity even more. The campaign is fantastic, pumping out awesome set pieces, emotional moments, and genuine humor. Gunplay still isn't the tightest thing in the world but it feels alright once you get the hang of it. Developer Naughty Dog really shows off what the PS3 is capable of in the graphics department. Truly this game looks just as good, and sometimes better, than games that are coming out this year (2013)! The game has multiplayer this time around, and just like the campaign it is also fantastic. Most of the objective modes have been abandoned, but you can still find Deathmatches and co-op games. Truly Uncharted 2 is one of the PS3's most treasured titles, and for good reason, it not only manages to best its predecessor but also manages to best most of the PS3 exclusives out there. If you enjoyed the first Uncharted then prepare to love Among Thieves. Naughty Dog truly knows how to work the PS3 and has firmly cemented itself as one of the go to developers for quality games. This is worth every second of your time and I HIGHLY recommend it. Expand
  2. Jul 24, 2013
    The problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bulletThe problem with playing a game as highly regarded as Uncharted 2 a few years after its release is that it is easy to set your expectations a little too high. As a result any flaws the title may have, such as instant fail stealth sections, slightly fiddly controls (I lost count of the time Drake would take cover behind the wrong bit of scenery) and bosses that are no more than bullet sponges can become magnified. Anyone that has played Naughty Dog’s zombie epic The Last of Us will immediately be stuck by the lower quality graphics as well.

Having said all that, this is still without doubt a quality title. The characters are more likable than the usual video game protagonists and the fast paced gameplay features a good mix of shooting, spectacular climbs and puzzles. The sheer spectacle of Drake’s adventure will also ensure that most players are be able to overlook the aforementioned flaws and be swept along for what is a pretty entertaining ride that clocks in at a decent 15 hours or so in length.
  3. Apr 14, 2017
    Techniquement, c'est un véritable tour de force : encore plus beau qu'Uncharted 1, un régal ! La mise en scène est aussi spectaculaire que le scénario qui se perd en improbables rebondissements et le ré-équilibrage entre bastons et plate-forme est un succès, contrairement au premier qui privilégiait trop l'action.

Hélas, c'est aussi un long couloir scripté jusqu'à la nausée avec encore

Hélas, c'est aussi un long couloir scripté jusqu'à la nausée avec encore trop de QTE à la con ici et là, ce qui me fait préférer le premier très scripté lui aussi mais qui donnait un peu moins l'impression de jouer à un film interactif. Trop de séquences hollywoodiennes qui en mettent plein les yeux sans aucune liberté d'action, trop de rails... pourtant le niveau du train (!) est prodigieux. Mais c'est une exception. A vouloir trop en faire, Naughty Dog s'est un peu perdu en route.
  4. Sep 9, 2014
    About on par with the first game. There are obvious improvements all round. Better visuals, deeper story, better character development.

Yet even with all its improvements it also loses a bit of the charm that the first game had. Essentially being true to the adventure movie sequel stereotype. Better, but more of the same. Game mechanics remain more or less unchanged from the first game. Even Drakes arsenal is more or less the same, with very little innovation in that regard. Also, I experienced some game breaking bugs on my initial playthrough that almost ruined the game for me. Luckily I fixed it (apparently it was some kind of conflict with my PS3 settings.)

Aside from my gripes, this still is a ton of fun to play and I enjoyed myself immensely. Was great that the treasures were better hidden this time round and took a bit more searching to find.

Overall:
    Uncharted 2 is an obvious improvement on the first game in all areas save one: Innovation. Essentially it's the same game as the first time, just slightly different story. Regardless, It's a great game worthy of any collection (if you can get it to work,. the bugs are the only reason I didn't score this a 9.)
  5. Apr 10, 2012
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a very solid adventure game with stunning graphics. Lots of people seem to think that this is one of the best games of all time. I'm not one of them. Uncharted 2 was fun, but I did not think it to be exceptional. There were times in the game when I became frustrated. This frustration wasn't born from the game's difficulty but from it's design. The seeminglyUncharted 2: Among Thieves is a very solid adventure game with stunning graphics. Lots of people seem to think that this is one of the best games of all time. I'm not one of them. Uncharted 2 was fun, but I did not think it to be exceptional. There were times in the game when I became frustrated. This frustration wasn't born from the game's difficulty but from it's design. The seemingly endless hoards of enemies that frequently attack you feels quite like, well, a 'hoard' mode. It feels basic and tacky. The climbing also seems fairly rudimentary and limited when compared to something like Assassin's Creed. I don't mean to savage the game too much, though, as it does have some very strong elements. The script is descent and the acting is very strong. It makes for a compelling reason to finish the game, even when the gameplay isn't pulling it's weight. The graphics can sometimes dazzle and create truly special moments, such as climbing up high and catching the sight of a spectacular vista. In the end, I felt Uncharted was a solid game that was worth playing... But it didn't meet my expectations for "The Best Game Ever". Expand
  6. Nov 18, 2015
    Among Thieves exceeded the hype in my mind, it immerses you in this incredibly detailed and lush environment, seamlessly bouncing you back and forth from gameplay to breathtaking cinematic wonder, and most often, combines them both at the same time. Just the attention to detail is astounding. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could give this review justice but you should just see forAmong Thieves exceeded the hype in my mind, it immerses you in this incredibly detailed and lush environment, seamlessly bouncing you back and forth from gameplay to breathtaking cinematic wonder, and most often, combines them both at the same time. Just the attention to detail is astounding. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could give this review justice but you should just see for yourself! You will not regret this purchase one bit, the multiplayer is even fun! If you own a PS3 and don't have this game, then you should sell your PS3. Expand
  7. May 15, 2015
  8. Aug 30, 2010
    wow no game captures the feel you are in a movie like Uncharted 2 . a solid story with great voice acting . solid controls great gun play . the first one was alot of fun but the second one is even better in every way. new addition is the online play which is alot of fun . this is what a sequel to a already good game should be.
  9. May 1, 2015
    Demonstrates the same dynamism of the first game, but much more refined and action scenes eye-popping, that in fact, much better than very Hollywood action movie.
  10. Jul 3, 2011
    Superb opening, everything start in a Bang! ! . Those incredible moments are here and are mind blowing , the story is fantastic , the gunplay, not the best but is responsive. Other thatn that the platforming is an idea that Castlevania copy pasted and formed in a orignal way. so coooll experience.
  11. Nov 30, 2015
    Game: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony System: Playstation 3 (PS3) Total Score: 95/100 Value Score: 9.5/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 8/10 • Length: 8/10 • Replay Value: 9/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +The story and length is overall longer than the
    Game: Uncharted 2 Among Thieves GOTY
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Naughty Dog/Sony
    System: Playstation 3 (PS3)
    Total Score: 95/100

• Music: 8/10
    • Length: 8/10
    • Replay Value: 9/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +The story and length is overall longer than the first game
    +There are more different types of locations in this game than the first game
    +Difficulty has been ramped up with more enemies and hazards taking place in the battle field
    +The puzzles are as amazing as the first game and also further expands them into more complex puzzles of different types
    +GOTY edition consists of many MP skins, items, etc
    +Collecting treasures and ranking up achievements give you money you can use to purchase skins, weapons and tweaks for the game
    +Visual design has heavily improved since the last game
    +The ability to replay any chapter at any time is available again
    +There is multiplayer modes now for competitive online

Cons
    -To get skins - you will need to finish the main campaign at least once
  12. Jan 11, 2015
    An all-star vocal cast, skillfully constructed storytelling and stimulating gameplay system make "Uncharted 2: Among Thieves" a notable experience in 3rd person adventure games genre.
  13. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  14. Jul 20, 2016
    A masterpiece! The pacing throughout the entire game is undeniably fantastic. The new characters are awesome. The locales are phenomenal. The gameplay is fun and fast. The writing is top notch and performances from all actors are at the highest level. A must have for any gamer.
  15. Mar 12, 2013
    It's not one of the best... it's the best game i've ever played! The single-player is amazing, the graphics are pure perfect and the multiplayer is the best online shooter of all-time. Uncharted 2 is masterpiece and easily the best game for the ps3.
  16. Oct 2, 2010
    I think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastesI think this is one of the most memorable games I've played in my entire life. I can compare it to experiences like playing Mario 64 for the first time or playing and beating FF7 when I was younger. This game completely blew me away and I kinda knew what to expect since I played the original first but this just blows any game in this generation away. If you own a Ps3 no matter what tastes in games you have this game is a MUST play for anyone. Expand
  17. Dec 20, 2016
    This game is unbelievably good. It polishes every single element lacking in the fist game to create one of the best experiences you can have on the ps3.
  18. Dec 13, 2013
    The 'special' sequences lift this game to something extraordinary. Shooting has improved since 1, because opponents are less cartoony and just less irritating, more realistic. The color palette has widened a lot in Uncharted 1, it was lots of green and grey, jungle and temples. In this game, there are just lots of colors, truly varied locations/scenarios, a lot more happening on screen.The 'special' sequences lift this game to something extraordinary. Shooting has improved since 1, because opponents are less cartoony and just less irritating, more realistic. The color palette has widened a lot in Uncharted 1, it was lots of green and grey, jungle and temples. In this game, there are just lots of colors, truly varied locations/scenarios, a lot more happening on screen. It still takes the player from A to B and asks few questions of any kind, but there is so much spectacle you can't call it a bad time. The middle section of the game is amazing. The last hour is a bit lackluster, when the game really tests your concentration by spamming enemies so the tempo slows down and you get a bit bored, but even the most difficult parts should be manageable in a few tries on easy mode. All in all, I finished single player in around 10 hours. It left me satisfied, and feeling like I'd just been on a long roller coaster ride. I would have liked more (elaborate) puzzles, more ingenuity, wider use of the physics so impressively mastered in some sequences. It's also soo easy for a seasoned gamer like me to pick out the 'inspirations' for the game. It's all seen before. Whether in Tomb Raider, Gears of War, etc etc. I didn't get very immersed or involved in the story either, since the gameplay had little to do with the plot and I felt like Nathan Drake was a monster rather than a hero... it was like "plot in a clip, pause clip/plot to have meaningless violence or simple navigation, then further plot, then pause". Not very creative in terms of pushing the medium's mechanics forward. Expand
  19. Jan 23, 2015
    While I still prefer the original Uncharted, this is pretty impressive sequel. Uncharted 1 had a nice personal charm of Indiana Jones wannabe, it felt more compact with it's story, locations. Uncharted 2 tries to do more, be bigger, change locations completely, but it lacks a bit of that personal magic from Uncharted 1. It's definitely a visual upgrade, but other than that it's basicallyWhile I still prefer the original Uncharted, this is pretty impressive sequel. Uncharted 1 had a nice personal charm of Indiana Jones wannabe, it felt more compact with it's story, locations. Uncharted 2 tries to do more, be bigger, change locations completely, but it lacks a bit of that personal magic from Uncharted 1. It's definitely a visual upgrade, but other than that it's basically more of the same set in different locations. Game mechanics are still nothing to write home about, overly used shooting sections are once again quite annoying and overused, but most importantly it often doesn't even make sense. They are somewhere high in the tops of Himalayas and of course that the bad guys suddenly have their own army there, hundreds of jeeps, tanks, hordes of enemies coming out of nowhere and in their lead is typical over the top very tough muscular bad guy with Russian or whatever accent. I said that before, but Uncharted should really calm down, stop trying to be bombastic shooting fest and focus more on the adventure and exploration. Because when it comes to that, to story, characters, location exploration, treasure hunting, that's when I have fun. Maybe a bit more open world and less linearity would help. Looking forward to other chapters. 6/10 Expand
  20. Aug 23, 2014
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is a must have for all Playstation 3 owners. It tells a phenomenal story, full of rich characters. The gameplay is also rock solid. This is a must play.
  21. Mar 1, 2012
    A game that was just as good as the original. Amazingly cinematic, and fun gameplay, even though I sometimes get lost, not knowing what I should do next.
  22. Jul 24, 2013
    Uncharted 2 is a great sequel, but not as good as Uncharted 1. The game takes place a year after Drake's Fortune and starts with Nate performing a robbery from an Istanbul museum with two old accomplices Chloe and Flynn. When Flynn betrays Nate and lands him in prison Nate plots his revenge on him. This sets Drake & old friend Sully on a race to find the Cintimani Stone before ZoranUncharted 2 is a great sequel, but not as good as Uncharted 1. The game takes place a year after Drake's Fortune and starts with Nate performing a robbery from an Istanbul museum with two old accomplices Chloe and Flynn. When Flynn betrays Nate and lands him in prison Nate plots his revenge on him. This sets Drake & old friend Sully on a race to find the Cintimani Stone before Zoran Lezarevic, a Russian bent on being the next big dictator can use it to be the most powerful man on Earth with Flynn at his side. The story spends too much time on a love triangle between Chloe and Elena from the first Uncharted and therefore slows the pace of the game down significantly. Plus the classic Uncharted difficulty spike hits about halfway through and makes the rest of the game such a slog it becomes near unenjoyable.
    Uncharted 2 does a lot right but quite a few significant things wrong which let it down, but it is by no means a bad game. A must own for PS3 owners
  23. Jan 7, 2013
    This Uncharted is the best of them all! Usually most of the time you get to have good games by SCEA but they took it to a whole new level. The Playstation VITA was terrible with Fight for Fortune but Among thieves has a better and more understandable story line and a excellent HD quality graphics and preface screen action turns into the "Uncharted" sucess story.
  24. Dec 29, 2016
    Deutsche Review - Kritik

Deutsche Review - Kritik

Der folgende Test ist in 5 Kategorien zusammengefasst. Diese 5 Kartegorien ergeben die Gesamtpunktzahl von 0 - 100 Punkten. Um einen passenden Userscore zu geben wird auf oder abgerundet. Bei 84 Punkten ergibt das einen User Score von 8. Bei 86 einen von Userscore von 9. Falls eine 85 kommt entscheide ich ob ich es eher positiv oder negativ nehme. Regeln verstanden?
    Dann sind hier meine Punkte.

Mein persönlicher Score = 91/100
    Mein User Score = 9/10

Lohnenswert? = Natürtlich.
    Fortsetzung erwünscht? = Bitte.
  25. Aug 16, 2016
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is an action-adventure third-person shooter platform video game developed by Naughty Dog and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

One of the Best PS3 Exclusives, and one of the best action adventure game

+ Nathan Drake, Sully and Elena are back
    + Awesome Gameplay
    + Fun Story
    + Great Multiplayer
  26. Dec 19, 2013
    One of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The gameplay is almost perfect. It's fun, but I find it hard to be able to follow the storyline somehow. I can't put my finger on it. The thing is, besides being technically perfect, this is just a standard third person shooter. There is absolutely nothing original here. It's probably just me, but the game doesn't really touch me, it's just aOne of the most beautiful games I've ever seen. The gameplay is almost perfect. It's fun, but I find it hard to be able to follow the storyline somehow. I can't put my finger on it. The thing is, besides being technically perfect, this is just a standard third person shooter. There is absolutely nothing original here. It's probably just me, but the game doesn't really touch me, it's just a very well made shooter, there's no angle, nothing new or original, nothing to draw me in.
    For some reason this game gets better reviews then the first one. I don't understand why, not much has changed.
  27. Aug 21, 2015
    this game shows awesome graphic tech, but as i am a pc gamer, the 30 fps is horrible experience. and i am unhappy with that main character never be shoted by enemy.
  28. Nov 21, 2013
    Uncharted 2 for me this is the best Uncharted ever made and it is an good revolution i simply love this game.The best exclusive for ps3,perhaps an remarkable game in this generation.
  29. May 5, 2016
    Uncharted 2 builds upon what Drake's Fortune established and gives us even MORE awesome adventurous gameplay, another really intriguing story (which is much longer also) and loads of memorable moments. A definitive adventure if ever there was one.

Spread across twenty-six chapters is a story as playful and worthwhile as the gameplay.
  2. Graphically stunning, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is, first of all, an interactive adventure, one that feels like a movie and even has a storyline of a movie. Most gameplay situations have been tailored in order to stun the player with originality and identification, and the end result is absolutely amazing.
  3. Among Thieves is all about constant movement. And even movement on top of movement. It grabbed me from the beginning and didn't let go for twelve hours. Once I finished, all I could think about was playing it again. More than a defining game for the PS3, Uncharted 2 is a defining game of this console generation.