8.3

1. Nov 11, 2011
    It really pains me to write this as Uncharted 2 was one of my favourite games of all time but Uncharted 3 is not even close to its equal. Even the original Uncharted happens to be more fun as I had been playing it the week before to prepare for this.

To summarise, nothing in Uncharted 3 is done better than any of the previous game except for the graphics for obvious reasons but graphics
    do not maketh the game. Possibly the multiplayer too but I don't really care about that. Uncharted for me has always been about cinematic single player. Without having spoilers, the story is worse than both previous Uncharted games as many plot threads remain unresolved and the game ends on one of the biggest anti-climaxes I have ever seen in a game. The main villain managed to be even more boring than Lazarovic which I kinda thought amazing because he was pretty generic. The pacing is worse than both games and it will take nearly a couple of hours before you even get to shoot anything which in a 6.5 hour game (yes, shorter than both previous games) is pretty awful. The shooting appears to have changed for the worse being incredibly laggy and making long distance combat nearly impossible. It's quite nasty having to shoot the armoured guys walking towards you when you have to get numerous headshots to take down one of them and the game won't let you aim properly. Speaking of, the game continuously likes to spam these guys at you as well as guys with sniper rifles or rocket launchers where they were few and far between in the original games to get you to change your strategy a little. The change means that often you deaths are the result of having 3 guys firing rocket launchers right at you the moment you poke your head around a corner.

Melee combat takes far too long to beat people and the game seems to be reluctant to let you get out of melee mode with the result that you quickly get shot dead because you couldn't run away.

It should be mentioned however that the visuals are excellent and the music is very good at getting your heart racing when doing a cinematic move.

Overall I was extremely disappointed with Uncharted 3. My experience was mostly made of cheap deaths and a story that failed to soften the blow. I would have returned it but because of the online pass I wouldn't have been able to get all my money back. Seeing as how the majority of people like it, it may be enjoyed by you but there's the risk you may be disappointed like I was. Buy with caution.
  2. Nov 6, 2011
    I'm halfway through UC3 and its hard to see how it'll get any better. There's ropey control systems and now there's Drake's Deception. A new nadir. Combat is painful in the extreme. The least frustrating way to deal with an enemy is to sprint to his position and punch him into submission. Saves the super-fiddley chore of agonisingly trying to twitch your gun sight onto him and fire. Naughty Dog: learn the difference between millimetres and metres, please.

A recent reviewer here commented that "the 'cinematic gameplay' takes control away from the player and even adds movement to the character that's not coming from player input". There's no better way of putting it. What's the point of buying a game if half the time its playing you, rather than the other way around? Half the time the engine's just timing how quickly you pull down on the joystick before deciding whether to play the 'live' of 'die' cut-scene. The most extraordinary thing is that UC2 (an incredible game) had these issues, but only to a fraction of the same degree. How is it possible they've been amplified rather than further reduced in the upgrade? Rhetorical question: it's been rushed to market of course. You watch the User Metascore plummet as more players start to wake up to this.
  3. Jan 19, 2012
    Well, people said that the game was too short. I didn't feel like that, because of how poorly it is conducted. Gun fights are just too wrong, and for that sake, there was too many of them. There is, as I remind, just one or two real puzzles to solve (the others are 'hey, pull this lever at the same time I do), and none exploration to do. The graphics are great, but that doesn't make a good game. The story is very boring and frankly, you won't care much for that, after the first couple of hours. You're supposed to find a well hidden city, but all of the bad guys seems to know exactly where it is, as you just show off anywhere and there they are, waiting for you to try impossible headshots. There are some great moments, but most of the game is a third-person shooter with bad shooting mechanics, and that make the whole experience frustrating. Just hope that naughty dog work that out for their upcoming game, as it seems it have more combat. I just finished it and going to trade, without even using the online pass. that's how much it made me like it. Worth a rental, at best. Expand
  4. Nov 4, 2011
    UC3 is as average as UC2 was brilliant. As a fan of the first 2 games gotta say the 10 ratings on this site are farcical. Aiming is awful, movement sluggish and "cinematic gameplay" takes control away from the player and even adds movement to the character that's not coming from player input... so it's not "gameplay" at all. Naughty Dog have rushed this out for Xmas. Shame on them.
  5. Nov 21, 2011
    Characters are somewhat interesting, voice acting is great, and plot was decent. Other than that, there is no substance here. Run down a hallway, shoot bad guys. Do this over and over again for about 20 levels. Multiplayer is simply laughable. Not worth the blu-ray it's burned to. If you want a great single player experience, play Skyrim. If you want a great multiplayer experience, play Battlefield 3. there's simply no reason to buy or own this game. Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2012
    Nothing groundbreaking compared to the previous installment. The game is enjoyable but it's obvious that Naughty Dog was being lazy. Overall a step back compared to Uncharted 2.
  7. Nov 21, 2011
    After UC2 this game is a bit disappointing, visually beautiful but the controls are just so bad with repetitive combat it is hard to believe it gets such rave reviews.
  8. Nov 12, 2011
    Second only to the modern warfare series in terms of undeserved hype, this game is decent but it is only that. It may even be more undeserved than Call of Duty.

You are basically playing a movie which seems like it tries extremely hard to pretend it is not Indiana Jones. The story of uncharted is always decent at best, and you will forget it after some days. Also, all's everyone ever
    talks about is its graphics, which honestly, with such a linear game of course they can put the juice towards that and they are actually not even that great. Battlefield 3 and Skyrim looks just as good if not MUCH better than this game, so you should most definitely get those instead for a better multiplayer / singleplayer experience depending on what you are looking for.

It is extremely undeserved of the ridiculous amounts of praise it gets. This game is a rental at best.
  9. Nov 10, 2011
    If you pick this game up as a stand alone title you'll think its fantastic, but if you're a fan of UC2 you'll be sadly disappointed. Much of this game feels like a rushed ill conceived rip-off of UC2. Given how good UC2 was it was always going to be difficult to top, but naughty dog have completely missed the mark.

The story follows largely the same formula however the ramped up cliches
    and 'close escapes' show a lack of imagination and reliance on gimmicky plot mechanisms. The game-play would've been ok if it was a straight copy of UC2 but rather than improve it they made it worse. The melee system has changed to be an unnecessary sequence of button pressing which adds nothing overall to the game. On top of that the single player aiming system has been shipped with a major flaw and will cause much frustration during the single player campaign. Expand
  10. Nov 28, 2011
    Honestly, this would be okay as a Movie. What the difference between this and masterful Mario/ any other game is, is that those games actually present more than an interactive cutscene. The plot is okay at best, and cliche at worst, and I can't possibly recommend this game for anyone who cares about gameplay.
  11. Nov 20, 2011
    This game was the same story and gameplay as the others. What is new? Everyone criticizes MW3 for being like this, but UC3 does the same thing. Drake is untrained, but can take out 40 guys with body armor, only to be duped or back stabbed. The villians always find a way out when the game tries to make it seem like this is life or death for Nathan. I work so hard to get him out alive and the bad guys are just around the corner after I ran out of the only exit of a collapsing building. the gameplay mechanics don't play as well as other shooters. My biggest gripe. The campaign was crazy short for a single player focused series....Idk maybe other games have me spoiled, but this was a huge disappointment with merely a few good parts. Even if some bites of food taste good, but others are disgusting, you'll still leave with a bad taste in your mouth. Expand
  12. Nov 20, 2011
    It's like watching a bad movie. A movie some people paid 60 dollars for. I am ashamed that people will look forward to this in becoming a landmark in videogaming.
  13. Nov 25, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is just an all around terrible game. The game was short, the gameplay was absolutely awful. There is no way this game lived up to all the hype that was given for it
  14. Dec 11, 2011
    Disappointing in so many ways. Did not live up to it's predecessors one little bit, So un-original, the only thing it has going for it is graphics, put I still prefer pongs graphics.
  15. Ru3
    Nov 29, 2011
    I recently bought the EXPLORER's edition of this game which, for those who do not know, costed a bit over $200 AU. I was looking forward to a perfectly perfect experience
    However, this game is far from perfect. I'm a HUGE fan of UC1 and UC2, but this one has been so fraught with technical problems that I can't quite immerse myself like I had hoped. UC3 is playing havoc with my ps3, as well
    as many others complaining on Naughty Dog forums. Many are experiencing an eternal spinning ring at loading screens. Some, like myself, have CONSTANT audio cut-outs, environment drop-outs, and cutscene freezing issues.
    As an avid fan of the UC series, I have waited patiently for a month now, HOPING that Naughty Dog would remedy the situation.
    Unfortunately, the first patch fixed 3D. The second patch added theatre mode for cutscenes, motion blur, and aiming.
    Naughty Dog has not addressed any issues for those of us who can hardly even PLAY this game. They address complaints about 'oh, I can't aim my gun as well as I should' and 'I can't get my multiplayer to work properly!'... HOW ABOUT ensuring that 100% of your customers can actually PLAY this game, rather than forsaking the minority who get a substandard or even nonexistent experience.
    UC1 fan. UC2 fan. UC3... has completely destabilized my confidence in the series.
  16. Nov 21, 2011
    this game is the same as the other uncharteds, uncharted 2 was the same as uncharted 1, only difference is that uncharted 2 had online, and this time uncharted 3 is the same as uncharted 2 only with more online mods, heres the story of the 3 games, you go in a adventure trying to find a treasure, you find a clue, then when you get the clue some bad guys beat you and go first to find the treasure, then you go with your friends to get the treasure first, then the bad guy beat you againd and you are left alone in a place that you dont know, then a monster trys to kill you but you kill him first, then you find out that the treasure is cursed and is the cause of the monster, then you go with your friends beat the bad guys and destroy the treasure THE END, and thats the story of the 3 games -_- Expand
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    Unchart 2 was the best but this game feels more movie then game. It was a big disappointment and I wish i could of use my money for Batman or skyrim. Well the only good thing is the multiplayer mode but game so dull. It needs a remake fast.
  18. Nov 7, 2011
    This game started off strong but turned into a disappointment. First, they should advertise this game a FPS, because that is what it turns into 90% of the time with minimum puzzle solving. The controls are less responsive than they were in Uncharted 2 which makes the repetitive combat that much more frustrating. The storyline is also a disappointment. It follows Uncharted 2's cues exactly and its like watching the exact same story just in a different location. The game also turns into a Indiana Jones movie once you reach the desert. Its like watching the famous tank scene complete with Indian being hit against a embankment while holding on for his life and then the tank falling off the side of a cliff, only its Drake and a truck with a crane instead. All this leads to a so-so ending with the very predictable fights, lack luster final scene which is EXACTLY like Uncharted 2. Just buy Uncharted 2, pretend its in a warmer location, and you have Uncharted 3. Expand
  19. Nov 9, 2011
    First off, yes, when this game is good, it's very good, unfortunately that only seems to happen when you either have no control over your character (cutscenes) or following the camera as you auto run from well rendered destruction. Sadly any challenge to the puzzles from the first two games has been replaced by a very few incredibly simplistic "puzzles" which shouldn't take anyone more than 30 seconds to decipher. The platforming is dull and clunky, far inferior to the platforming of Assassin's Creed or Infamous, it's more tedious then anything. All of this I could excuse, because it's not a puzzle game, and the platforming is at least serviceable, but what is unacceptable is the utterly abhorrent shooting mechanics, which considering this is more easily classified as a third person shooter than anything, that's the deal breaker. I don't understand all these positive reviews. The shooting sensitivity is a jumpy mess, god help you if you have to make a slight tweaking movement, which the game takes to mean "Aim 10 feet in any other direction". The cover system is as jumbled and broken as it is boring, and considering the enemy A.I. is surprisingly crafty and on many occasions pile on in droves, it would be nice if I could defend myself with at least some small level of competence, but no. Weirdly enough I don't remember the shooting mechanics being this bad in either of the other two games. It's inexplicable. Every facet of this game is done far better in others, I already mentioned the platforming superiors, but the melee combat is a tedious, uninteresting "cinematic" parallel to Batman's fluid counter-based fight scheme, and the shooting, well take your bloody pick. It might be easier to come up with a list of modern games with worse shooting mechanics, honestly nothing's even coming to mind. I always buy my games new and only trade-in if I feel the developers let me down/deserved it and I was MORE than happy to trade this in less then an hour after beating it and putting that money towards a more deserving title. I suggest you skip step one and go straight to buying a better game and stop believing hype. A game can have unparalleled beauty, this one certainly does, some of the best work I've seen in that regard, but if it's core mechanics are at best irritating, and at worst broken, then I'd just as soon take a chance on another title that actually deserves my $65. Shame on you Naughty Dog, that's a very BAD Naughty Dog. Expand
  20. Nov 16, 2011
    What the hell did I miss! Did I play the same game that all these other guys played that gave this **** game a 10? Really people come on! There was nothing new or innovative about this game. It was actually worse than the first two! The second uncharted was amazing and is still one of my favorites, but if you dont have the ability to upstage your predecessor than you need to give it a rest. My main issues with this game.....

Way to short and the story was boring. I stopped paying attention to it a fourth of the way in.

Way to much cinematic material. I felt like half the time you were just watching a movie instead of playing an actual game. The scenes where you do actually get to control your character are nothing amazing and easily forgettable.

Absolutly nothing new! Basically the same gameplay as the second one but worse.... Here is why....

They made the AI's run up on you like they have a death wish. Extremely frustrating when your trying to take cover from rocket blasts, sniper, and gun fire. I dont remember the first two games doing that stupid ****

In the parts where you could go stealth, you might as well just go out with guns blazing because it is almost impossible to do it without being spotted. This is do to the way the terrain was set up and the positioning of the AI's. When you DO get spotted the game punishs you for it with all kinds of body armor AI's, these are the guys that you have to shoot ten times in the face to bring them down. Also, extremely frustrating.

I couldnt believe how many times this game pissed me off while playing where I wanted to smash my controller to bits and throw my PS3 out the window. It's a good thing I didnt let this game get the best of me.

But to sum this up....
    This could of been an amazing triology like the GOD OF WAR SERIES, but unfortunatly it seems obvious that this game was lazily done and was just thrown out to market to make an easy buck. This game does NOT deserve the rating it got. But it doesnt matter what is said in a review. You will still go out and buy it and maybe you will be extermely dissapointed like me or maybe you will love it. But it is an unfortunate thing that the developers got away with putting out crap like Uncharted 3 to what could of been an amazing triology.
  21. Nov 18, 2011
    I was incredibly let down by Uncharted 3, especially in light of the absolutely stellar reviews it has received from places like IGN and Destructoid. While there is no doubt that the game is beautiful and has some stunning set pieces, it has serious gameplay issues. Targeting with a weapon is like trying to precisely measure the position and momentum of a subatomic particle, i.e., it doesn't work. I can't even keep track of how many times I went through entire clips without hitting my target. What makes this worse is that it's what the game forces you to do more than anything else. The entire game follows a pattern: cut scene, wave of enemies, easy puzzle, wave of enemies, escape collapsing set piece, repeat. It gets really old, and frankly, boring (so maybe it's a good thing that the game is noticeably shorter than Uncharted 2). Another aspect of Uncharted 3 that frustrated me immensely was that it forces you to use the melee system (which takes way too long) to fight off the armored "heavies" which appear way too frequently and are essentially immune to firearms while 6 guys with rocket launchers andor sniper rifles are pumping me full of rounds. It's absolutely maddening. Now, I typically play games for the story, and I could have gotten past these serious issues if the story for Uncharted 3 had really grabbed me (I expected that it would based on the reviews I read), but in reality, it was predictable, shallow, and boring. Drake is more of a caricature than ever. We don't learn anything about his motivations. Sure, the question is brought up a few times, but we never get a straight answer. For me, the story was completely forgettable. I can't really comment on the multiplayer because I didn't play it at all. I'm not big on multiplayer, and while I played in the beta, I didn't really get into it. The truth is, as much as it saddens me, as soon as the credits rolled on Uncharted 3, I got online and arranged to sell it back to Amazon. I loved Uncharted 2, and I wanted to love Uncharted 3 it simply doesn't compare to its predecessor. Expand
  22. Nov 20, 2011
    This game looks good, but in reality this in not a game, this is a movie like Indiana Jones. The animations are great but this is just a Indiana Jones s copy
  23. Nov 23, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, and a very well polished game, the gameplay is good. but there are still some issues, and the multiplayer is laughable. The controls are mixed up, and not that great, the platforming is out of place,and it becomes very repetitive near the end.
  24. Nov 25, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a great looking game but a tedious one. If you like seeing Nathan hang onto the last ledge of wood before it conveniently breaks away, this is your game. But for most, the lack of creativity in story-telling will tend to bore you. The story is filled with plot-conveniences (like Nathan conveniently brushing up on Yemen right next to Elena after being stranded in the middle of the sea) and tiresome quotes (like Sully's surprisingly honest quip about losing the plot). The melee animations are poorly done. Nathan frequently glitches in and out of group fights. It works but it looks ugly in the process.

Multiplayer wise, it's bad too. The animations took a huge nose-dive, and the models are noticeably poorer looking. They got rid of the traditional U2 Co-Op modes and combined them all into one, which forces you to play boring gold rush maps even when you don't feel like it.

Overall, a disappointment if you were coming in as a huge Uncharted 2 fan. But if this series is new to you, you'll probably like it.
  25. Nov 30, 2011
    Terrible game. I thought this game was suppose to be good just like the previous one. But no it was horrible. Number first, the online has a lot of patches also every time your the host and you quit then every body else leaves. Second, no body uses their headsets in this game thats so wack. Third, the campaign was too short you can beat the game in one day! That's horrible! Lastly, the characters were horrible I mean you got Drake then you got this stupid dude named Miller. Just horrible worst game of the year! Yes I did bought the game as you can see just because I love Nintendo doesn't mean I get to hate other consoles as well. I am a multiple console owner and this game is just horrible. My PSN account is: deletion123 add me so we can play some Uncharted 2 not this TERRIBLE game! Expand
  26. Dec 6, 2011
    Hi, I want all people not to buy this game. All are complaining of software issue and it's not loading on ps3 system. I bought mine and it just shows an infinite loading ring when I enter the game. What's worse is naughty dog is not helping or acknowledging the problem.
  27. Nov 15, 2012
    All I can say about this steaming Hot mess of this choose your own adventure one big quick time event movie that is suposed to be a game and isn't is Eat Fresh!!!
  28. Jul 3, 2012
    UC 3 is a unfortunate, unbalance disaster. And because of that, it makes UC3 nowhere as good as UC2. The enemy AI is broken, which makes combat horrendously harder now on any difficulty. The story/characters are still great, and the graphics are of coarse gorgeous, and even better than before with new character face models, but graphics can only take you so far, and unfortunately the game play, which matters the most, just wasn't fun for me, so I'll pass. Hopefully Naughty Dog will go back to how UC2 for the next one. Expand
  29. Feb 12, 2012
    + Great graphics
    - Irritating gameplay and cutscenes
    - The difficulty is at medium setting mostly too easy, and sometimes infuriatingly difficult
    - Aiming is completely broken.
  30. Jan 31, 2013
    The worst of the series. Beautiful visuals aren't much good when the story is so painfully stupid you can't wait for it to be over. The game obviously wants to resemble a movie. Well, it does. Unfortunately it's a really crappy movie with a weak plot, awful dialog and lackluster acting. They should have made a game instead.
  31. Dec 27, 2011
    Overrated in all aspects. There is nothing groundbreaking that you haven't already seen in uncharted 2. The new close-up combat system is even worse than the prequel. The storyline is thin and the game is full of bugs, especially when it comes to enemy AI. It's a good game, just not great. (loved uncharted 2 as the greatest game ever made).
  32. Mar 6, 2012
    An interactive movie worth redboxing, but with a mindless multiplayer suite that kills its longevity. For single player, the series' two previous, and cheaper, iterations provide greater bang for the buck. For multiplayer, the 2nd's superior controls and bare bones content opt for more competitive matches, not to mention that it still has a dedicated following. At this point, the Uncharted Dual Pack provides greater value than Drake's Deception. Expand
  33. Nov 25, 2012
    I already made a review for this game but i'm going to review the multiplayer which i also reviewed. The online of this game is basically unbalanced to me but anyone else who finds it different may consider it being better than uncharted 2's online. In my opinion uncharted 3's online isn't better than uncharted 2's online or actually competitive level right now. The online is basically melee, melee, blindfire, blindfire, or use your kickbacks to get away from death fair and square. Naughty dog patched the aiming. Yes aiming which basically means that this game is gonna mostly be used as melee liking playing a fighting game and mash square on the controller. Another is the fact that when the game says that you can avoid being meleed by rolling, but due to lag you still die even if you rolled away from someone. Powerplays aren't something that can be played competitivley for deathmatch. The power plays can mostly just up the losing team in catching up quickly. Uncharted 2 was all about playing carefully, skillfulled, and whoever wins wins no matter what. Even the losing team can catch up if they have a strategy unlike uncharted 3 where its no skills at all. Treasure drops are another problem. People may get their treasures fairly easy but some people cant get new treasures drops now. Thats where Naughty Dog decides to pull a Capcom on where. You either keep getting the same duplicate treasures and eventually sooner or later just get 1 new one avaliable or just buy off the playstation store which to me i think its BS because Naughty Dog are responsible for listening to the fan's demand in patching the treasure drops and reduce the amount of duplications you pick up not charge in the PSStore but thats only for people who can't get the items they want. The spawn system is another negative because basically someone can either just camp where the player is going to spawn at or spawn on an enemy who doesn't notice where they are and get a cheap kill. OVERALL: Naughty dog can patch this game as much as they want but the situation of the problems will always be going on. Even if they patched it completely then a new problem can be abused and lead to critisims of the players. I don't think that Naughty Dog will revive the multiplayer like this right now they should just be making patches on disc cough cough Capcom or Infinity wards. The Uncharted community can still support this game but i don't think its going to be enough to make people play this game competitely at this time =( Expand
  34. Aug 18, 2013
    I loved Uncharted 2. I played it through many times over all the difficulties, picked up one of my first platinum trophies and conquered the multiplayer.
    As you can imagine, I was very exited for the third installment. "How will the game begin", I thought to myself, thinking back to hanging from a train that was dangling off a cliff, slowly clawing a beaten-up Nathan Drake to the top to
    safety.
    So, how did it begin? A badly controlled punch up in a pub. Ok, that was anticlimactic. But then so was the rest of the game. If you can call it a game. Uncharted 3 felt more like one of those FMV games from the mid to late nineties. This "game" feels more like Uncharted: the movie in my opinion.
    The visuals are definitely the games strongest point, although the multiplayer visuals are very poor, but I'll get to that in a minute. Uncharted 3 tells the story of Nathan and Sully's father-son relationship; how they met, and how strong their bond is. Which was fairly interesting, but not really groundbreaking and filled with plot holes.
    Disappointed, I decided to give the multiplayer a try. I had already tried the beta and had a little experience to the new dynamic. My biggest problem had remained. The addition to a "sprint" button had changed everything.
    Before, fights were fair given everyone could move at the same speed. The shootouts were more strategic, and it was more about the placement of your character and the cover you had. Now, fights consist of blindfire rushes, and a melee attack to finish. Everybody uses this technique. It is a huge let down in my opinion as there are some great customisation options for your character and a new boost mechanic that gives the losing team a chance to catch up. You can even plug in a second controller for local play, which unfortunately downgrades the visuals. I did enjoy the horde mode though, fighting off waves of enemies made me forget that the elimination game mode had been removed on release, which infuriated me. A recent update had seen Naughty dog add this back into the playlist, but I had got rid of my copy by that point. I'd rather play Uncharted 2. It plays more like a game.
    Rental only.
  35. Aug 17, 2013
    Uncharted 1 and 2 were awesome.... 2 of my favorite games.... it pains me to say this but I feel that they phoned this one in just to make money...... No sense of depth or scale
  36. Jan 9, 2014
    One of my least favourite games of all time. Graphics and sound absolutely shine, this is a good looking game, even by 2014 standards. But that's it. The whole game basically boils down to a pattern of explore, gunfight, and solve puzzle over and over again through 22 chapters of tedium. To be fair, the exploring is basically okay and the puzzles are just the right level of difficulty. But the gunfights will make you regret buying a PS3. They happen at the wrong times, just as a scene's rhythm is gathering steam. Deaths in gunfights often feel cheap and the enemies are bullet sponges, sometimes needing 6 or 7 rounds to go down. I have much respect for Naughty Dog, but I'm won't spend 60 dollars on a 20 hour game with no replay value ever again. If I hadn't played this game for free via my PlayStation Plus subscription, I would have never had played it. Expand
  37. Sep 7, 2012
    I can say that naughty dog tried to go all out on action but I was not really happy with it like the last one. Because the games campaign was so story rich they tried to make it really deep with twists and c**p like that but it just reminded me of a confusing episode of Dr Who and I lost the feel for the action buzz I got from the first game.
    Also, the multiplayer sucked so badly with bad
    teamplay and just idiots that massacred everyone with stupidly powerful weapons. The loading times made me want to kill mysef!!! Expand
  38. Sep 11, 2014
    This game is **** horrible the worst game of the uncharted series. The story is paper thin and becomes rubbish at the end. The characters I got to say **** Charlie Cutter he is a whiney pathetic oaf throughout this horrendous garbage also it is worse than Indiana Jones Temple of doom.
  39. Mar 17, 2014
    To start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it's cover but still) Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception and as the title suggests (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets infact, indeed, indubitably, deceived. But in all the other Uncharted games (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets deceived then shouldn't it be more like: Uncharted Drake's Deception, Uncharted 2 Drake's Deception again, Uncharted 3 Drake you F*@#$^% idiot. But unfortunately this is the least of the game's problems because to be completely honest the best part about this game is the title screen infact I would rather just stare at the title screen for 6 1/2 hours then play this game for about just as long. But next I'll get the few good things about this thing out, the main theme is good all of the other music I can't remember but the main theme is good, the characters are generic but there not annoying or stupid... so better that then Last of Us, and also the graphics in the actual cutscenes are okey. But anything else ranges from bad to just plain garbage. I'll start with the story and... it's basically the same as the other Uncharted games, I'ld go more in depth but I don't want to have to click that contains spoilers box and I already have done quite a lot but what ever there's plenty more garbage that Naughty Dog dished out so don't worry about it. The control is just plain bad, it's infact so bad that I didn't even want to think that this game was a first party. What do I mean by this well firstly Nathan Drake who (SPOILERS!!!) is the main character of the game only jumps when he fricken feels like it, and you can't even imagine how annoying this is in a game like this when you are trying your best just to get Nathan to do a little kindergardener jump but instead he just head bangs like he's at a Nirvana concert. He also runs into invisible walls half the time when there's a cliff and the other half he just slips off like an idiot and goes plummeting to his death. Also for the fact that when your not aiming a gun the camera moves around like it's on speed, but once you aim a gun the camera then moves around like it's... well off of speed. And since the control is goins so much into the gameplay I might as well just go full in. So in terms of gameplay there are actually a lot of different kinds... of course they can't get any of them right though. First the swimming I hope you thought that Ocarina of Time was the best swimming was ever going to get because in Uncharted 3 it's worse. By this I mean that basically when you first start out in Ocarina of Time and when you first try to swim well imagine that except more stiff and a million people shooting instakill grenades at you. Then there is the climbing which just like the jumping only works when it feels like it. Some times the segments are as easy as spamming X while holding up and sometimes they just don't work and force you to exhaust every possible option until finally you get it right. But you know what the best part is? it's when you try to jump to something that seems obvious to get on but when you jump to them you go falling to your death again. Then there is of course the walk around like an idiot for 10 minutes to elongate gameplay while searching for something or just walking in a straight line. Oh but before I get to the actual combat I have to get to one of the best parts of the game... in game cutscenes. Oh my god are they hilarious because not only does the game begin to look worse while in these cutscenes but they also decide to give Nathan and (SPOILERS) Sully the ability to teleport into a completely different position durning one of these and then teleport back like nothing ever happened. Then the big one the fighting mechanics. First of all the melee combat, I will say it's not completely a cutscene but it's a button masher and a bad one at that. You can also apparently kill enemies by landing on them but it never worked for me except for the first level. The shooting as I mentioned before is very stiff and there have been times where I had to follow an enemy across the screen because the cursor moved like a slug. But of course with all of that obviously you should be assaulted by ten thousand responding enemies who can take sniper bullets to the head right. Well no but it's in the game anyway. But by far the worst part of the game is the fricken RPG's, because not only are they an instakill but they also will send Nathan into an omg something exploded remotely close to me animation if it explodes anywhere near you. And of course there are armored guys that take 200 hits to kill and can't be meleed. So in the end this game isn't worth a 10/10. Expand
  40. Jul 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I honestly feel like the whole 'drive' scandal is happening again (where reviewers were paid off). I am absolutely stunned that reputable reviewers actually gave this 10/10 I.e. perfect - could not be improved in any way!!!??? Seriously? There have been so many great games that have received so much criticism and this gets 10.
    Ok - why do I feel this way:
    (For the record I enjoyed uncharted 1 and absolutely loved uncharted 2 - along with infamous 2 prob my fave games on ps3)
    1) it's all gloss and no substance. If I wanted to watch a good treasure hunting movie I'd watch Indiana jones. A game should give me an experience to immerse myself in. The whole time I felt like a tourist on rails experiencing cut-scene followed by quicktime event or extremely limited action event. There's nothing wrong with storytelling but if that's the intention why not take a leaf out of telltale's book and do a 'walking dead' style adventure.

2) enemies are unbelievably generic! All are wearing tuxedos and shades - I mean come on! How is that alone worthy of a 10. The action was so boring - not a patch on uncharted 2 or even enslaved.

3) the balance has all gone. For some reason uncharted 2 did an excellent job of making you feel like you were involved in an adventure where you could create the action. This by contrast felt like a completely dictated experience. So dull I only finished it out of loyalty to its predecessors.

4) graphics were fine but nothing significantly better than before. I loved uncharted 2's look anyhow.

5) follows exactly the same plot - cursed city / race against baddies / deception etc - I mean I can let this go if the gameplay is exciting - but it just isn't.
    - to think that highly creative games like mirror's edge got critically slated while this uninspired money-making on-rails, set-piece after set-piece ultra-bland experience gets full marks. I just don't get it!

Clearly enough people like this for my comments to be ignored - perhaps these people are the younger call-of-duty generation of gamers. I'm a little less 'blockbuster' in my taste. Also perhaps if it hadn't been given such high marks all round I'd let it go but something fishy is going on here!

1. The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]