8.3

1. Nov 5, 2011
    A wild ride, but that's all it is, a ride. Cut scenes interrupt gameplay so frequently that they would have been better off making this a movie, especially as the gameplay isn't much to write home about. The new melee systems' only purpose seems to be to get you shot as you flail away, counter and break holds for what seems like an eternity (at least the old system was quick). The gun playA wild ride, but that's all it is, a ride. Cut scenes interrupt gameplay so frequently that they would have been better off making this a movie, especially as the gameplay isn't much to write home about. The new melee systems' only purpose seems to be to get you shot as you flail away, counter and break holds for what seems like an eternity (at least the old system was quick). The gun play feels the same as it ever did, only enemies seem to have developed an immunity to bullets, showing little to no reaction when hit, and that's not counting the all to frequent 'heavies' that have literally been designed as bullet sinks.

The story starts off well enough, but quickly devolves into the usual race to the lost city, and while there is an attempt to add drama and feeling part way through all that is lost the second Drake picks up a new gun and begins gunning down bad guys and making impossible jumps as if it was just another day at the office. Levels are as linear as ever, which wouldn't be such a bad thing, but you move between locations so frequently that despite the sprawling vistas most levels can't help but feel small and forgettable. Puzzles are also as simple as ever, but unlike in Among Thieves they are at least mercifully quick to solve.

I didn't play the multiplayer (couldn't be bothered putting in the PSN Pass code), but the single player lasted just over 8 hours on hard for a first run, after which I decided to play Drakes Fortune again to see if my memories of it where only rose colored or if they where actually real; they are real. As a big fan of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune I couldn't help but be disappointed with Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and while I feel that Uncharted 3: Drake Deception is better overall than 2, it is also in some ways worse (melee system) and doesn't hold a candle to the original.
  2. Nov 3, 2011
    Let's get this out of the way first: Graphically UC3 is not what I was expecting. Look closely and you can see that draw distances are actually poor and detail diminishes quickly with distance. The colours are too saturated and, in some cases, I believe this is what leads to the feeling of having stunning graphics. NPCs are really poorly detailed and would be more at home in SIMS 3. OnceLet's get this out of the way first: Graphically UC3 is not what I was expecting. Look closely and you can see that draw distances are actually poor and detail diminishes quickly with distance. The colours are too saturated and, in some cases, I believe this is what leads to the feeling of having stunning graphics. NPCs are really poorly detailed and would be more at home in SIMS 3. Once Drake is standing next to an NPC the difference in the amount of detail between the two really hits home. In narrow areas, and while climbing, the camera struggles to find a suitable angle leading to some awkward up close shots of Drake. Combat is very stiff and similar to that of the previous two iterations, with nothing new at all here. The story itself is heavily cliched and probably the most linear game I've ever played: In some cases, once you've passed a certain point, it's not even possible to go back, so make sure you have all the collectibles before you take your next step. I finished the single campaign in one night with the game set to hard. I'll start again tonight on crushing. Multiplayer's not possible tonight as PSN is down - can you imagine if that had happened on the day after launch of Gears? Anyway, I don't believe this game's here for the multiplayer - there are only two trophies for this. All in all a purely predictable game with graphics that are good but don't aim for realism. Apart from the new (but again, predictable) environments this is Uncharted 2.5 in all but name and not worth the price tag, especially for the collectors edition. Expand
  3. Nov 6, 2011
    I wish I could give this game multiple scores. Why? This game is easily a 10 if your not shooting. The shooting mechanics might have been tolerable in past games, but it's simply bad now. The AI is bad in the shooting situations, both enemy and friendly. The aim assist and sensitivity sucks no matter what your settings. This all makes me very sad because of how good everything else is. TheI wish I could give this game multiple scores. Why? This game is easily a 10 if your not shooting. The shooting mechanics might have been tolerable in past games, but it's simply bad now. The AI is bad in the shooting situations, both enemy and friendly. The aim assist and sensitivity sucks no matter what your settings. This all makes me very sad because of how good everything else is. The graphics, the story, interaction amongst characters during play, puzzles, and graphics. Heck even the melee combat is decent and it'd probably seem better if Batman wasn't so fresh in my mind. But I simply can't get around the fact that a big portion of this game is shooting. Even if you successfully manage to stealth your way through some of the areas there's still plenty of it and its too unbearably bad and frustrating. Expand
  4. Nov 10, 2013
    Although the games are not that bad, i think i never gonna be a Uncharted Fan. The Presentation is top, graphics and design are beyond any doubt and the shootings are not that bad either. But there are too long and there are too many in a row, the controls are vague, the story is boring and the gameplay is repetitive. Either you are shooting or climbing.

Blinder
  5. Nov 24, 2013
    Greater game then the average joe, In my opinion this game was better then the 2 one. Puzzles are very hard for me so you will see I rarely play these kind of games but if i'm bored and need something i'm always in for a deep puzzler. Perfect for hardcore gamers.

Maki
  6. Jun 4, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Played this as part of the nathan drake collection. While it satisfied my appetite for more of nathan drakes adventures, it certainly had its fair share of misgivings.

You can expect to get a taste of all what is good about an uncharted game in this episode, the charming antics of mr. Drake, fun enough gun play, treasure hunting, satisfying climbs, interesting enough story. It did add some new weapons and features to the uncharted series such as ability to throw back gernades.

However, from the 3 games in the collection this one was my least favorite. Story got really slow in a few places, and the ending was underwhelming and rather abrupt. Some of the chapters were uninspiring; caravan chapter was a copy paste from a chapter in uncharted 2, so was the chapter were u have to board a plane while its about to take off. its the same as UC2 chapter were you have to catch a train leaving the station. and the ship graveyard chapter was horrible.

Finally, after getting used to the amazing set pieces in uncharted 2, it was a let down to see this next installment fall short of expectations. Puzzles for the most part were much easier and paled in comparison to some of the wonderful puzzle designs in UC2. The action set pieces were brief and not as 'exhilirating' as the previous installement. Small note, music was not as good either.

I know it may be unfair to compare it to UC2, but as this is a sequel it should be even better.
  7. Dec 6, 2011
    I liked this game. I loved Uncharted 2 & 3. As much as I like this Uncharted 3, it's starting to feel a little too much the same. Every uncharted game has nearly the same sequence ie; You are traveling to a place. The bad guys show up to claim the prize before you do. OR the bad guys show up as you claim the prize and try to take it from you. These happen over and over and overI liked this game. I loved Uncharted 2 & 3. As much as I like this Uncharted 3, it's starting to feel a little too much the same. Every uncharted game has nearly the same sequence ie; You are traveling to a place. The bad guys show up to claim the prize before you do. OR the bad guys show up as you claim the prize and try to take it from you. These happen over and over and over and over again just the same as they have in 1 & 2 and it is starting to become tiresome. Graphics are great and game play is still fun. Expand
  8. Dec 3, 2011
    No, this is not the greatest game ever made. No, this is not the best Uncharted ever made. It is a fabulous game, with lots of production values, great story, gameplay and a cast of characters we've learned to love. But, in my honest opinion, Naughty Dog has not improved with Uncharted 3. For me, Uncharted 2 started with a much more of a bang, which made it IMPOSSIBLE to put it down. INo, this is not the greatest game ever made. No, this is not the best Uncharted ever made. It is a fabulous game, with lots of production values, great story, gameplay and a cast of characters we've learned to love. But, in my honest opinion, Naughty Dog has not improved with Uncharted 3. For me, Uncharted 2 started with a much more of a bang, which made it IMPOSSIBLE to put it down. I feel like U3 walks under the shadow of U2 with occasional moments of brilliance. Sometimes it's pure genius. Other times it looks lazy and uninspired. What's with the clone-thugs? It's impossible to be indifferent to 100 guys in a black suit and red tie (with almost the same faces). The game is beautiful, yes, and plays beautifuly too. But... they stepped so much further between U1 and U2 that's impossible to ignore that U3 doesn't look as inspired. It's like they started running out of ideas, I don't know. This is a great game, but it feels sub-par for the Uncharted franchise. Great, indeed, but not the greatest game, nor the best Uncharted. U2 remains the best thriller so far. Expand
  9. Nov 28, 2011
    When I first put in this game I was swept away by the wonderful lore of the Uncharted series and the tonnes of adventure and danger and edge-of-your-seat action that it promised. So imagine my dismay when I discovered that this was actually a hastily made and half-baked follow up to the genius of "Among Thieves". It is a terribly un-even game - while some chapters are the sensationalWhen I first put in this game I was swept away by the wonderful lore of the Uncharted series and the tonnes of adventure and danger and edge-of-your-seat action that it promised. So imagine my dismay when I discovered that this was actually a hastily made and half-baked follow up to the genius of "Among Thieves". It is a terribly un-even game - while some chapters are the sensational action-riddled romps we've come to expect from Nathan Drake, others just plain fall flat. Sadly, most of the brilliance of this game is over before you know it, while the not-so-brilliant moments seem to drag on and on.
    I am scoring this a 7 because of my love for this franchise, and not because of my love for this particular installment. As a body of work, the Uncharted series is excellent, but "Drake's Deception" does not measure up against the bar that Naughty Dog themselves had already set so high.
  10. Nov 7, 2011
    This game features one of the most amazing stories and the most interesting characters ever. It has gorgeous vistas, intense new interactive sections, loads of new creative ways of moving through brilliant and never-before featured locations.
    But it also has really tiresome fistfights, problematic gun play and annoying sudden death moments that make you long for a "skip this scene" button, just to get back to the brilliant story. You will find yourself remembering the fun in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and wonder why it doesn't really work this time.
  11. Nov 6, 2011
    First off, to justify my review, you should know I have achieved Platinum on Uncharted 1 and 2, so I feel I have some insight to the franchise and what I expected of this chapter. I will start by saying it is as fun as the other two, with amazing, lush environments, great cut scenes and a nice finale for our characters. The formula is identical to the first two games of the trilogy;First off, to justify my review, you should know I have achieved Platinum on Uncharted 1 and 2, so I feel I have some insight to the franchise and what I expected of this chapter. I will start by saying it is as fun as the other two, with amazing, lush environments, great cut scenes and a nice finale for our characters. The formula is identical to the first two games of the trilogy; you run around, shoot bad guys and find treasures and solve a few puzzles. That being said, I expected a little more than what we got from this outing. It seems toward the end the plot kind of trickled to a hurry up finale. I will try not to spoil the plot itself, but I still had a lot of unanswered questions in the end. I know I am critiquing the story a bit, but a great game usually has a great storyline, so if it fails a bit, so to does the game. I just felt like it was more of the same we have already encountered. Naughty Dog did not really stray too far from the formula of the previous installments. As I write this I am still trying to think what bothered me about it the most. It just seemed to introduce new characters without any kind of a back story. I mean, we know the bad guy is bad, and the bad leader was connected to our hero's past, but I found myself not caring as much about it as I did with the other games of the series. There were lots of lose ends at the finale, and I kept asking, well who was she? Who was he? Why did they end here? Where did that ring come from? Graphically is is probably the best you can find on the PS3 console at the moment, but the replay values is limited, and the multi-player is a bit generic. Too often lately I feel that developers of current games force a timeline and do not quite make the end of the game live up to expectations. So to summarize - fun game, beautiful graphics, nice cinematics. But at the conclusion I was like, that was it? It left me wanting more, but I knew that this story was probably concluded and left a lot unanswered for characters we've followed over the years. Expand
  12. Nov 21, 2011
    This game a disappointment to me, even though on first sight, it pretty much is nothing than a copy of Uncharted 2, which I loved and still play now and then, with new textures and I'm not one to complain when a sequel is too similar to the prequel as long as it's still well done, so why do I not like this game so much? The graphics are, again, extremely beautiful and you are presentedThis game a disappointment to me, even though on first sight, it pretty much is nothing than a copy of Uncharted 2, which I loved and still play now and then, with new textures and I'm not one to complain when a sequel is too similar to the prequel as long as it's still well done, so why do I not like this game so much? The graphics are, again, extremely beautiful and you are presented with a lot of "hold your breath" action scenes, but something's missing. I never dropped my jaw like I did so often in Uncharted 2. The story this time was weak. The developers mentioned somewhere they first thought of locations they wanted to implement and then they wrote the plot around these and it shows. The game is basically being saved by the likeable characters and their banter. Conflicts are being introduced only to be resolved and/or dropped a few moments later. The question of who to trust is being raised several times and could've been used very well to raise some tension, but then the issue is solved soon in a cutscene (sometimes even the very same one it arose in) and off they go to new adventures. The same could be said about the "supernatural" touch towards the end, albeit as always scientifically explainable? This time, it happens at the very ending and is nothing but a very, very short "intermission" that is over after a few shootouts and cutscenes when the idea itself would've been interesting enough to make it a much, much bigger and complex part of the story. Actually, the whole "endgame" lacks. When you find the place the search for which has been the whole point of the game, that section is over before you know it, no sense of mystery or exploring the place at all. The amount of luck and unlikely survival this time borders on silliness, it's really way too exaggerated and in some cases, laughable. It has been part of the series, sure, but it's overdone here, especially the inconsistency of how deep a man can fall and still go unharmed. The ridiculously linear and narrow nature of the levels is another issue. The Uncharted games were never sandboxy, but this time, they overdid it as for like 95% of the game, you'll feel like you're just following a tight corridor, even when the environment is supposedly vast. Platforming is more straightforward than ever and requires no thinking or observing of the surroundings, just a matchbox length short of being a Quick Time Event game. I absolutely hated the shooting sections this time. They're either ridiculously easy or unfairly hard, or rather, annoying. Whenever enemies showed up, I was rolling my eyes and I really disliked all the parts where they basically dropped you in a narrow arena with little to no way of moving around or taking cover, then send enemy wave after enemy wave at you, including heavy armored dudes that take a lot of damage and guys with "(almost and really)one-shot-kill-guns". And what's up with all the snipers, I swear it feels like they are in every battle this time, so you'll frantically try to run from cover to cover while fending of criminals and agents, but it's not always clear where you'll actually be save and a lot of these battles become pure trial&error to find the perfect route that leads you to the grenade launcher. Stealth sections are annoying this time as well, basically because the whole stealth system isn't all that deep but is used too deeply, different from U2, where it was just a nice change of pace now and then. Clairvoyant soldiers who all will know exactly where you are and come storming towards you as soon as ONE guy notices you somewhere on the map are annoying enough in the shooting sections, but become a pain when you, just for the sake of variety, want to get through a section silently and one mistake, be it yours or the game's, forces you to either restart all over or give up on sneaking and shoot your way out for the rest of it. One thing that is new and I really liked was the little QTE that would allow you to throw back grenades, but unfortunately, Nathan Drake will throw them against the wall he is taking cover behind more often than is forgivable. Other control issues arise with several actions being on the same button and the game failing to realize what you meant. A game like this also has puzzles, but as it proceeds, they become less and less until they're gone completely. I also understand this is an action game, but do the puzzles that it does have really have to be easy to the point where you simply open the journal to be given the solutions? I doubt gamers are that dumb. There's exactly ONE puzzle that requires a little bit of observing I also hate how the characters will keep telling you where to go and what to do (as if there were any other options) all the time. Overall, it's still a very entertaining experience and the chase sequences ar awesome, but as a game, it feels poorly done and the story never uses its potential. 7/10 Expand
  13. Dec 3, 2011
    The gameplay is broken, save for the melee fighting (which even then is impractical half the time). The set pieces are inconsistent with some being unremarkable or frustrating and others being balls-growingly awesome. The story starts things that it can't end and ends things it never started as if half of the campaign was cut off at the last minute because they couldn't fit it on theThe gameplay is broken, save for the melee fighting (which even then is impractical half the time). The set pieces are inconsistent with some being unremarkable or frustrating and others being balls-growingly awesome. The story starts things that it can't end and ends things it never started as if half of the campaign was cut off at the last minute because they couldn't fit it on the blu-ray disc, what with the orgasmic visuals and all. Expand
  14. Nov 30, 2011
    Hmm. Didn't really like this game that much. Had a terrible story and there was not much impressive scenery. There are some improvements in the combat and a few new guns that weren't in Uncharted 2, but not much else different. Puzzles are frustrating. Still a reasonable game, however Uncharted 2 was better.
  15. Nov 28, 2011
    Uncharted 3 had some adventurous fun and I recommend for a rental over the weekend but there is not a lot of depth to the game play, story or campaign to recommend as a purchase. The story is predictably cut and paste from The last crusade, there's some charm and is descent enough to watch, however there isn't much character development and is kinda forgettable and lacks surprises. TheUncharted 3 had some adventurous fun and I recommend for a rental over the weekend but there is not a lot of depth to the game play, story or campaign to recommend as a purchase. The story is predictably cut and paste from The last crusade, there's some charm and is descent enough to watch, however there isn't much character development and is kinda forgettable and lacks surprises. The environment graphics look very nice, the character models do the job at a distance but look strange and jarring at close range in the cut scenes - the character eyes look weird. Uncharted 3 was ok Expand
  16. Mar 13, 2012
    As an Uncharted series fan i found myself really disapointed by the end of this game. Technically this is an almost perfect game, the graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is great, but the story sucks and the ending seems rushed. The final boss was the worst...
    It seems that Uncharted 3 wasn't only Drake's Deception...
  17. Nov 23, 2011
    I have played all 3 installments of the series and UC2 is by far the best.

UC3 dissapointed me in many ways: Too many cutscenes, puzzles gives you hints after a couple of minutes making them easy to solve, animation is bad and controls are not responsive.

Is more like watching a movie rather than playing a game.

On the plus side are the graphics and the story.
  18. Jan 27, 2012
    Very disappointed with this interactive movie! Naughty Dog seems to have concentrated on the visuals at the expense of game play. Sure, there are amazing effects (especially on the ship and in the desert sands), but the "player" is reduced to a spectator for most of this shortish adventure. When not waiting for cut scenes to finish, you're either in shoot-outs with mechanics identical toVery disappointed with this interactive movie! Naughty Dog seems to have concentrated on the visuals at the expense of game play. Sure, there are amazing effects (especially on the ship and in the desert sands), but the "player" is reduced to a spectator for most of this shortish adventure. When not waiting for cut scenes to finish, you're either in shoot-outs with mechanics identical to last game (i.e. dated compared to recent games) or stuck in a rigid sequence to solve not very taxing puzzles, with annoying and largely useless hints popping up. Then there are the times when you have to run for it, with the camera facing you and the dumb AI, not to mention the very end, where 1 simple shot finishes the game (at least the finish of the last game was pretty taxing as I recall). On the plus side, the voice acting and the music are superb, but having just finished Crysis 2 and Deus Ex before tackling this, I was very disappointed in comparison. I honestly don't know how it got so many high review scores. Expand
  19. Jun 3, 2012
    The first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly andThe first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly and painfully. I was confused not half way through the game by some of the occurrences. The ending is also not very good and neither is the boss fight. This game is definitely worth picking up, but it's not the best one in the series. Expand
  20. Apr 9, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Massively disappointing... While the two first games in the series were great, this falls flat on its illogical design, uninspired challenges and underdeveloped plot full of holes... While the graphics are generally great, the sound and acting also, not much praise can be given to the rest of the design. The game introduces some new characters for this third round, and Cutter is great, yet disappears from the game completely around mid-ways through - in spite of uttering a desire to see this through - they could at least have included him somewhere in the ending sequence. The desert nomads should also definitely have been fleshed out a lot more! Couple this lacklustre inclusion of the new good guys with some really wasted potential of the bad guys - unlike the previous games, the motivation of the bad guys is so shrouded in an attempt at mysticism you have to wonder if the developers knew themselves. They are hunting for a source of hallucinogenic water contamination, caused by imprisoned Djinn in a desert city (which is incorrectly pronounced - the d should not be clearly audible), yet seem to have access to the very same substance to use in a dart delivery system - while the plot clearly states they have yet to find the city where this contamination is found. Without giving away too much, to say your final battle against your two main adversaries is anticlimactic is the understatement of the year. I am aware a game like this require some degree of suspension of disbelief, yet there are so many glaring examples of "no way would they act like that!"-moments, such as when a whole city is crumbling, ceiling caving in and a giant sand pit is swallowing everything, why would a group of soldiers, who we don't know whether are mercenaries, fanatics or whatever, stay to shoot at us, their bosses already dead or gone, their mission a complete bust and nothing to gain by killing Drake, yet everything to gain by running away? Why would pirates place platoons to guard a derelict ship in a ship graveyard that they use as "torture chamber" or so, when the only discernible way into or out of the area is to scale walls like only Nate is crazy enough to attempt?

Yet another prime example of lousy game design, is when you have battled your way through hundreds of opponents, preferring melee to shooting, easily knocking out the biggest and meanest, you suddenly encounter a guy, seemingly like any other guy, you engage him in melee combat, and no matter what you do, no matter from which direction you try to hit him, no matter how much you hammer that square button, you will not throw a single punch, as he will, without fail, deliver a kick to your nuts. Why? Because Naughty Dog decided part of the puzzle had to be that this one, a clone of every other brute, you had to dispose of with explosives. That's cheating! As is when you are doing everything right in a fight, yet you will still lose, fall down a wall in a rather nicely animated cutscene, and get to shoot your opponent - but why create battles we can't win, even by doing everything right? As for the bugs - I won't delve too deeply into those, aside from mentioning one that annoyed me quite a bit: this is a game where hanging from a ledge feature quite heavily. Sometimes, hanging in the wrong spot of this ledge will make it impossible for Nate to climb up, he will instead just jump straight up, and catch the same ledge again. Not that problematic on a regular ledge, you just move to the side and try again - though when the ledge is being consumed by a sand pit, you sort of have to wonder, why is he jumping up and down instead of climbing off the ledge? In spite of all this, the game can be a worthwhile play: It isn't too long, it features some beautiful vistas, great acting and animation, some nice thrills and a bit of humour. Character interaction is, as before, pretty well done. Just be aware that the game isn't up to the standard established by the second iteration.
  21. Nov 19, 2011
    Overrated with poorer gunplay, QTE melee and terrible pacing. Want a cut scene? Sure have one then have a "push forward to walk" sequence, then a cut scene, then a long puzzle, then have another long cut scene. Platforming isn't great and the characters are virtually mutes outside the amazing looking cut scenes.As for puzzles, let's cram 3 together in the space of 30 minutes and call it aOverrated with poorer gunplay, QTE melee and terrible pacing. Want a cut scene? Sure have one then have a "push forward to walk" sequence, then a cut scene, then a long puzzle, then have another long cut scene. Platforming isn't great and the characters are virtually mutes outside the amazing looking cut scenes.As for puzzles, let's cram 3 together in the space of 30 minutes and call it a day. Multiplayer is merely adequate with poorer co-op. Oh yeah, play chapter 18 again when you finish. Then tell me again this game is worth 9 or 10, you won't be able to with a straight face. I'm sure the Sony marketing team will thumb me down. You are doing yourself a great injustice by believing that all of these 10s are actually legitimate. For the record - Uncharted 2 is my GOTY for 2009, now that is an amazing game. Expand
  22. Nov 2, 2011
    While it is undeniable that this game looks good and has many nice little bits like the water, fire and sand effects. Also the adventuring is sound and fun. The story on the other hand, while well told is not my cup of tea, many times the game plays out like an interactive movie more than a game, a very beautiful movie, but a movie. Then there is the combat it just wasn't very fun theWhile it is undeniable that this game looks good and has many nice little bits like the water, fire and sand effects. Also the adventuring is sound and fun. The story on the other hand, while well told is not my cup of tea, many times the game plays out like an interactive movie more than a game, a very beautiful movie, but a movie. Then there is the combat it just wasn't very fun the endless supply of samey goons and boring shooting. So in conclusion not a bad game at all, in fact quite a good game (yes 7/10 is good, not awful) but not quite my cup of tea, so I'll watch movies for my deep stories and plot twists and keep playing games that are all about play for my personal tastes. :) Expand
  23. Nov 21, 2011
    I enjoyed this game but feel like nothing was groundbreaking or innovative at all. Its very similar to uncharted 2, the gameplay is ok, but it really tries to bank off of its cinematics. Which is why i would just watch a movie instead of trying to play a game that is trying to be a movie, call me old school but i like a challenging video GAME. And really an old lady as a villain thatI enjoyed this game but feel like nothing was groundbreaking or innovative at all. Its very similar to uncharted 2, the gameplay is ok, but it really tries to bank off of its cinematics. Which is why i would just watch a movie instead of trying to play a game that is trying to be a movie, call me old school but i like a challenging video GAME. And really an old lady as a villain that was just lame to me. Expand
  24. Dec 2, 2011
    Considering I was one of the many on Naughty Dog's Forum who complained of Drake's Loading Ring of Death, take my "6" as a darn good review. No, the game is not an instant classic, the plot is terribly derivative of previous titles (not to mention the third Indiana Jones movie), the platforming is still just linear "jump by pressing X while pointing with directional pad no skill/timingConsidering I was one of the many on Naughty Dog's Forum who complained of Drake's Loading Ring of Death, take my "6" as a darn good review. No, the game is not an instant classic, the plot is terribly derivative of previous titles (not to mention the third Indiana Jones movie), the platforming is still just linear "jump by pressing X while pointing with directional pad no skill/timing necessary," and the gun mechanics are wonky. Outside of that run-on sentence of ill will... well, the game is still fun. Granted, the fun parts are played for you, like watching a nifty 8-hour action movie that pauses if you don't hit "play" every time Drake is supposed to jump to the next pole waiting to break under his weight. I went ahead and played hard mode after trying normal for the hour it took Drake's Ring of Death to kick in (more on that later), because otherwise "Uncharted" starts to make my eyes glaze over in a haze of nondescript non-U.S. folk I'm massacring for dubious reasons. If I wanted that, I'd play COD or any other FPS from my screwed-up country. No, Uncharted masks its racism with that 90s Spielberg/Lucas sense of adventure. Except Drake doesn't even bother saying "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM." No, he's more honest about his sense of entitlement. He wants the money. Or something. It's not really clear whether Drake is after treasure this time because of money, revenge, heroism, or some unexplained drive for self-worth. "Unexplained" is really the right word, since none of this will be resolved by the hail of awesome explosions we see along the way. The game goes by painlessly, in a series of spectacular set pieces that really are a pleasure to play, no matter how many times I cursed the aiming and stealth system (Does he really need to be glued to that wall when I'm trying to sneak-kill the guy standing two inches away?). But, in all honesty, the set pieces in the more-racist predecessor were better, and yes I know that sentence was an awfully back-handed complement/insult. If you wan eight hours of meaningless fun you'll forget as soon as you put the controller down, turn the channel to UPN. Or play Uncharted 3, whatever. Oh, Drake's RIng of Death? Well, an alarming number of gamers reported a glitch where their games would not load after their first time exiting the game. "Uncharted" took over a week from purchase to load after my first try, during which time I had foolishly deleted my save in hopes of appeasing some data god. So I had to play the first six chapters again, like being forced to watch a protracted recap of the most straightforward Keanu Reeves movie imaginable. (Speed, Maybe?) Expand
  25. Nov 7, 2011
    -Terrible linearity, stuck with an uncreative platforming that does not give any choice to the user, poorly balanced/built multiplayer that give the impression that you are victim of the game mechanics. -Poor aiming system, in particular grenade with the arc showing its gonna be thrown in an open area but instead it hit the wall right next to you. -Graphics need some work, maybe their-Terrible linearity, stuck with an uncreative platforming that does not give any choice to the user, poorly balanced/built multiplayer that give the impression that you are victim of the game mechanics. -Poor aiming system, in particular grenade with the arc showing its gonna be thrown in an open area but instead it hit the wall right next to you. -Graphics need some work, maybe their facial animations are great, but there seem to lack detail on a lot of stuff on screen. Their engine is starting to date now, in use since the first game, just slightly tweaked. -Poorly implemented co-op, why cant you play the main game with a friend when 95% of the time you are with another npc? -In the age of open world game, this game is starting to get old in the term of mechanic. To conclude, story was like a movie, yes, but do you really want to pay 60$ for something that you could see at theater or rent Indiana Jones for less than 10$? No you dont. If you are a fan of the series, rent it if not pass on that. Expand
  26. Nov 7, 2011
    Familiarity can be a good thing. It can also be a terrible thing. Games like Assassin's Creed have had some success. Batman is having tremendous success. It's just familiar enough and yet innovative so that you feel like the experience has something new to offer.

The problem with UC3 is this. I am rushing through the game play in order to see what story unfolds. It is WAY to linear of a game....heck even Alan Wake had some paths you could roam off of once in a while. A great deal of this game is extremely familiar, and in this case it hurts UC3. There are just too many other choices out there that sadly outshine this game. Sorry Naughty.
  27. Nov 14, 2011
    I was really hoping Uncharted 3 would be another amazing game in the series. Certainly Naughty Dog didn't disappoint with their fit and polish here, but the story, OMG the story sucked. It was written as an afterthought here. Nothing was resolved and the ending was anticlimactic. Zzzz.... Here's hoping Uncharted 4 does better with the story.
  28. Nov 7, 2011
    Story - Hurriedly made, linear, poor probability, weak link from scene to scene, cheesy too
    Graphics - Best possible quality you can find among contemporary titles. Water, fire, desert expressions are stunning
    Game-play - No improvement.
  29. Nov 7, 2011
    Everyone knows what is good about the game so I'm not going to bother listing them. But I have plenty of problems with it.

Find a piece of treasure, bad guys miraculously find you as you exit the treasure cave. Then you fight several normal guys, then one big guy in hand to hand. Completely generic and really annoying by the 4th time it happened. I expected much more from the story

Completely generic and really annoying by the 4th time it happened. I expected much more from the story aspect of the game and it just did not deliver. I wish they tried harder to give some depth and original dialogue.

The only non cliché line was Drake calling the pirates cliché The Naught Dog team needs some writers, and they need to try mixing up the combat sequences because to me they were terrible.

The next thing is the game had so many holes in the plot along with the mysterious notebook that solves all puzzles by the third game it has really gotten on my nerves.
  30. Nov 5, 2011
    Let me be so blunt and saying for those you scored this a perfect 10 need to rewrite there review or complete the game before writing there review. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful game inspired by the last 2 games in the series. Good graphics, nice sounds, sub par game play, and intriguing storyline. With the game play being sub par its hard for me to give it a perfect 10 while theLet me be so blunt and saying for those you scored this a perfect 10 need to rewrite there review or complete the game before writing there review. Don't get me wrong this is a beautiful game inspired by the last 2 games in the series. Good graphics, nice sounds, sub par game play, and intriguing storyline. With the game play being sub par its hard for me to give it a perfect 10 while the cover system and shooting mechanics still haven't been fixed. Graphics still look like the first game and not to mention the length of this game is way to short for a modern day video game that costs over $60 to purchase. What Naughty Dog did well is tell a compelling story. Also note there characters are one of the better elements of the franchise. Following there characters throughout the franchise and seeing where each relationship goes is interesting. Here's my bottom line scores: Graphics 4/5, sound 4/5, game play 3/5, fun factor 3/5, replay value 3/5. Expand
  31. Nov 13, 2011
    I suppose at this point, it seems cliche to say that it pains me to write a sub-par review for a game such as Uncharted 3. The comparisons with its predecessor abound. When I bought Uncharted 2, I played it and its multiplayer for about a year. The story, the set pieces, the music, the voice acting, the characters, the sound effects were fantastic. Gameplay had its share of smallI suppose at this point, it seems cliche to say that it pains me to write a sub-par review for a game such as Uncharted 3. The comparisons with its predecessor abound. When I bought Uncharted 2, I played it and its multiplayer for about a year. The story, the set pieces, the music, the voice acting, the characters, the sound effects were fantastic. Gameplay had its share of small tweaks required, but it was assured that with a company like Naughty Dog, the little bits here and there would be fixed in time for this third release.

The story is lacklustre, with one of the most anti-climactic endings of all time. The controls are floaty compared to UC2, the sound effects lack the same "oomph" factor, the voice acting is great as always, the music is rousing.

The shooting bits were great - there was much more in the way of environments to really vary how a player approaches a fight with twenty different guys shooting at you at once. I almost wish there was more of these. The introduction of at least 5 or 6 different weapons was a pleasant sight. As was the removal of the FAL, replaced by the G-MAL. There were just as many stealth parts, but they were far more difficult than in the last game. But in some places felt cheap. Even in parts where I knew I was being silent, I was still caught somehow. The cover system hasn't been resolved. There are still several times when I was trying to cover into a wall where it instead rolled. Overall, a very average game. But a big disappointment considering UC2.
  32. Nov 11, 2011
    The game feels like a big step back from UC2. Drake tripping over stuff looks cool at first but quickly gets old. Your telling me he can survive a fall out of an airplane but can't walk 10 feet without tripping over something. I feel like I'm always fighting the camera, gunplay is a mess and multiplayer is more jacked up than that. The graphics are great but I'm at a loss as to why thisThe game feels like a big step back from UC2. Drake tripping over stuff looks cool at first but quickly gets old. Your telling me he can survive a fall out of an airplane but can't walk 10 feet without tripping over something. I feel like I'm always fighting the camera, gunplay is a mess and multiplayer is more jacked up than that. The graphics are great but I'm at a loss as to why this game was rated so high. The way the game tells its story is great however it seems Naughty Dog put this aspect in front of game play which leaves you with a beautiful looking game that is fun at times, frustrating at others and overall a bit of a disappointment. Expand
  33. Feb 9, 2012
    As a fan of the uncharted series i was disappointed with this game. The story was flawless, though it didn't hit any emotional notes, it did create a sense of adventure and action. Now to the multiplayer: HUGE LET DOWN. Uncharted 2 had almost a flawless multiplayer in my opinion. Naughty Dog for the third installment went for a more COD style of an approach. Big mistake. I knowAs a fan of the uncharted series i was disappointed with this game. The story was flawless, though it didn't hit any emotional notes, it did create a sense of adventure and action. Now to the multiplayer: HUGE LET DOWN. Uncharted 2 had almost a flawless multiplayer in my opinion. Naughty Dog for the third installment went for a more COD style of an approach. Big mistake. I know people who enjoy this new style of multiplayer, but fans of U2's multiplayer will most likely be disappointed. Expand
  34. Mar 12, 2012
    Uncharted 3 left me severely disappointed. I liked Uncharted, loved Uncharted 2 but Uncharted 3 falls short of the mark it's predecessors set before it. It has everything the other games had, breathtaking vistas, engrossing cutscenes and wonderful animations. The story however, will disappoint you. Horrendously. It builds up and builds up, but instead of something amazing, you get 'it wasUncharted 3 left me severely disappointed. I liked Uncharted, loved Uncharted 2 but Uncharted 3 falls short of the mark it's predecessors set before it. It has everything the other games had, breathtaking vistas, engrossing cutscenes and wonderful animations. The story however, will disappoint you. Horrendously. It builds up and builds up, but instead of something amazing, you get 'it was all just a dream'. The game ends just like any TV show, with everything back where it all started. It's not what I expected from something that is, for the most part, well written and so immersive sometimes you will forget you're the one controlling what's on screen. All in all, I'm giving this game a six because there is undeniably a level of quality not seen in many games these days, but being the last in it's series the ending was bound to be disappointing, but I wanted it to be because I wanted more, not because the writers took a lunch break and left it to the interns. I wasn't even aware I had finished the game until I got the trophy for completing it, the final boss is that forgettable.

If you haven't got Uncharted 3, but have played 1 and 2, pretend you never saw Uncharted 3. Forget it ever existed and that this review appeared in a vision. It will be better to remember Uncharted as the series that never got finished, rather than the anti-climax that did. I can't give this anything less than a six because of how engrossing the whole experience can be at certain points, but overall the combat and ending will hurt this for you, no matter how much of a fan of Uncharted you are.
  35. Apr 13, 2012
    Average game. Completely overshadowed by the greatness of Uncharted 2. Story is of the same Uncharted formula: - find an artefact - artefact stolen from you - use artefact clues to find hidden spot - enemies meet you there somehow - shoot your way out - find the next artefact. Overall i found the story and gameplay just feeling tired. There is nothing really new that brings fresh airAverage game. Completely overshadowed by the greatness of Uncharted 2. Story is of the same Uncharted formula: - find an artefact - artefact stolen from you - use artefact clues to find hidden spot - enemies meet you there somehow - shoot your way out - find the next artefact. Overall i found the story and gameplay just feeling tired. There is nothing really new that brings fresh air or excitement to the game. Ending was a little anti- climactic. Additionally there is some audio skip bugs etc. Expand
  36. Apr 15, 2012
    the story is once again amazing, however i think that the gameplay flaws really hold this game back from being a gem. 1) There is no red reticule for when you aim at an enemy. In other words there is no indication for when you are actually hitting an enemy or not. 2) TOO MANY ENEMIES at times. I think that the inclusion of these "juggernaught" enemies that takes hundreds of bullets to arethe story is once again amazing, however i think that the gameplay flaws really hold this game back from being a gem. 1) There is no red reticule for when you aim at an enemy. In other words there is no indication for when you are actually hitting an enemy or not. 2) TOO MANY ENEMIES at times. I think that the inclusion of these "juggernaught" enemies that takes hundreds of bullets to are not implemented correctly. You will find youself surrounded by snipers, guardian enemies with sheilds, these super strong enemies and enemies with rocket launchers. You will die alot! The improvements in melle combat and shooting mechanics are nice, but again you wont sit there in awe about how much better they are than the last game.

The multiplayer won't work with me.All i get is a "syncing level problem" and it disconnects me from the server. The multiplayer will not work on my router and it's not my problem because every other online game works. The splitscreen co-op is fun but it does not really add much to the experience.
  37. Nov 5, 2011
    It's sad on how this game is getting 10's. This game is far from perfect. Alot of things really bothered me from this game compared to the other 2 games which were better than this one. First is the firmware update and the loading up the game took about 10 minutes. Then another 10 to actually play the game because of the cutscene. The next thing is the combat. They really tried toIt's sad on how this game is getting 10's. This game is far from perfect. Alot of things really bothered me from this game compared to the other 2 games which were better than this one. First is the firmware update and the loading up the game took about 10 minutes. Then another 10 to actually play the game because of the cutscene. The next thing is the combat. They really tried to implement a Batman style battle system but it truly failed. The combat was sluggish and more of a dance than actual fighting. it wasnt fluid and you couldnt control your attacks it was just like a cutscene and have to watch it play out. Sometimes while this is happening the enemies are not phased by your attacks and you are being shot at by other enemies which is annoying.

The gameplay is more of the same but this time the targeting is so sensitive that you are all over the place. The weapons are not balanced as well I empty a whole clip shooting enemies in the head and they dont die. I use a bazooka to blow up some guys and they eat the blow and keep coming at you. The only 2 weapons that actually kills enemies in 1 shot are the magnum and the sniper rifle. The rest of the weapons are usless. As for replay value it has none. Once you beat it and it AUTOSAVES you cant go back to find the rest of the treasures you missed in the other chapters. YOU CAN"T. So dont try to tell me you can.

The story is just bland, boring, leaves empty plot holes, is a cut and paste of the old game ideas and it really lacks alot of common sense. Theres a point in the game where you meet 2 characters and as the game progresses on you forget about them. So why put them in the game? I mean the game is called uncharted right so why arent they discovering like a lost islands that havent been discovered?

The biggest problem with the game I have to say is the camera angles. When you get to chapter 2 and beyond you'll understand. The camera doesnt lead you to where you need to go in this game. You have to die and redo the whole thing again because there is no path to follow. Sometimes you get stuck facing a wall and you dont know if you have to climb, jump over something, turn left or right. This happens in all the events where you are getting chased or have to outrun something. Its a real pain and really frustrating. There were times I just wanted to return the game but I needed to finish it because I wanted to know what the fuss is about with this game series.

Dont get me wrong the game effects are awesome like the way sand and water affect your character and the way he interacts with the buildings and people. But if they really focused on the story ,gameplay, controls and camera angles instead of wowing us with a cinematic feeling it the game would have been good and might I add it was shorter than the second game. People praising this game have problems. I just dont see the 10's this is what I can think of. Either they just have a PS3 and are dedicated to whatever comes out on that console. Their expectations were so high on this game that in the end they were disappointed and are afraid to voice there negative opinions on it because they want to see more sequels made. It can also be being embarrased by the people who told them I told you so. I don't see this as game of the year only best game on PS3.
  38. Nov 12, 2011
    Let me preface this by saying I am a HUGE fan of the Uncharted series. In fact, I consider Uncharted 2 to be the best video game ever made, when you take everything into account (great levels, the best production values ever in a game, engaging characters, great story, etc). I was a bit skeptical as to whether Uncharted 3 would be able to surpass U2 ever since I began seeing trailersLet me preface this by saying I am a HUGE fan of the Uncharted series. In fact, I consider Uncharted 2 to be the best video game ever made, when you take everything into account (great levels, the best production values ever in a game, engaging characters, great story, etc). I was a bit skeptical as to whether Uncharted 3 would be able to surpass U2 ever since I began seeing trailers for the game, showing what looked to be a drab and incredibly boring desert, and a villain just as boring. Sadly, my initial feelings were correct. U3 just doesn't even come close to the magic I felt when playing U2. The story is just not very good. There are too many frustrating levels, such as the early chase through Cartagena as a young Drake that lead to multiple "deaths" due to the floaty controls making you get stuck if you make even the slightest micrometer of an error. At least half of the levels are just boring. They did improve the melee combat quite a bit, but that isn't enough to make up for the rest. Production values in the game series continue to be top notch, and it was nice seeing the characters again - however there is nowhere near enough Elena for my tastes, or Chloe for that matter. In a holiday game season stock full with big releases, U3 was still the one I was looking forward to the most, however I found that I was having to force myself to play through it, as I just didn't really care about it. When I finally made it to the ending, it was very anticlimactic, and I was just glad it was finally over. This is incredibly disappointing, considering the high regard I hold for U2 - when that game came to an end, I was very sad - I wanted more, for it to keep going. The hopes I held for multiplayer (at least for the co-op, that is) were quickly dashed as well. Competitive multiplayer in U2 was the one weak spot - the control scheme just does not lend itself to precise shooting and fun matches. Sad to say, it is still the same - competitive multiplayer is a complete mess. Poor shooting mechanics and controls lead it to be a crap shoot as to who is going to win when you come upon an enemy. The co-op multiplayer in U2 fared much better, and was incredibly addictive. It was probably the 2nd most played "shooter" game for me, behind the amazing Battlefield: Bad Company 2. However, in U3, Naughty Dog has seen fit to ruin the co-op multiplayer mode. Having to constantly change between Survival, Gold Rush and Siege is a game breaker for me. Taken on their own, they are fine, but I do not want to be forced into playing all 3 types in one match. With no ability to choose a Survival Only, or Gold Rush Only match, this is just unforgiveable. Naughty Dog has also ramped up the difficulty in Arena mode as well. No longer can you just come up behind an ally that is being choked, and quickly dispatch the choker. Now, he is armored enough that you have to shoot him for about 15 seconds just to loosen him up enough to kill him. Forget about trying to punch him off - that takes way too long. Thankfully, the time frame you have before being choked out has increased quite a bit, giving your allies enough time to come to your aid, assuming they are close by. Enemies are smarter, and better armored. Gone are the big, hulking Gatling Gun soldiers - they have been replaced by a faster, better maneuvering giant in lighter armor, carrying a light machine gun that can still lay waste to you easily. The Gatling Gunners weren't that bad, considering how slow they were. Now that this new threat moves quicker, it leads to a lot more trouble for you. Co-Op Adventure Mode is back as well, and there really wasn't any change in this - it has 5 "chapters" with a very minor storyline to it, and a decent amount of challenge to it. Overall, U3 is the worst of the series, in my opinion, as far as the single-player mode goes. Both the original Uncharted, and U2, had a much more engaging story and levels/areas. The only thing U3 has going for it above the other two is the improved melee combat. And U3 multiplayer is a shade of its former self, when compared to U2. I really really wanted this game to be my pick for Game of the Year, but it just isn't even close. In a year of so many high profile games, I'm surprised at how many have been utter disappointments (U3, Batman: Arkham City, and Modern Warfare 3 all were very overhyped, and didn't come close to meeting expectations). As much as I love the Uncharted series, U3 doesn't deserve Game of the Year that award is going to Battlefield 3, in my opinion. I do think U3 is worth playing, just to enjoy the incredibly production values and see just how voice acting and cutscenes should be done....the problem is, is the game worth the $60+ price for it? Sadly enough, I don't think so. Try and find it at a reduced price, or rent the game. This game is only mildy recommended, at best. Expand
  39. Nov 5, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations areI'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations are also significantly downgraded from Uncharted 2. Drake's model and animation looks (and feels) like he's perpetually drunk as he lumbers around corners and touches every single wall he encounters. As you can imagine, this only makes gunfights even more frustrating.

Where have the puzzles gone? In the course of the entire game, I opened my journal a whopping FIVE times. Five. There have been very few puzzles and most of the ones that are in the game are so pathetically easy a chimp can figure them out. Exploration is gone too. Very few places give you the opportunity to explore. The game just pushes you from one spot to the next. Invisible walls and texture blocking is everywhere. I knew exploration was thrown under the bus when, after only an hour in the game, I hit a spot where I found 5 hidden treasures in rapid sucession in less than a minute. These are things, along with the witty banter, that MADE Uncharted. In Uncharted 3, puzzles and exploration have been replaced with gunplay, gunplay and more gunplay. I'll come out and say it outright: The gunplay mechanics in Uncharted have always been the weakest link in the game. NaughtyDog took most of what made the franchise and just replaced it with boring, tedious, gunfights. Then when you're in the gunfights, they make the game "harder" by swarming you with enemies while giving you very few pick up options. I have turned off the game in frustration several times because of gunfight sequences where I'm sitting here with a pistol and an AR - and there's nothing else to be had other than an SMG to replace my pistol - while having to fight two or more enemies in full armor, or with riot shields. Next thing you know, I get one of them down, am almost out of ammo from trying to get through that one's armor and/or headshot them, and then I'm swarmed by 5-7 more mobs that spawned after the first big mob died. Meanwhile, I'm running around like a chicken trying to find ammo, but there's little room to maneuver in most fight sequences because, unlike prior Uncharted titles, the combat areas are ridiculously small with very few places to climb. It's ridiculous and not fun because - yep, gonna repeat myself - the gunplay in Uncharted has always been its weakest element.

Then there's the fact that the walls apparently have glue on them and trying to scramble away from mobs ends up in death because you end up getting stuck in cover and are being shot from all sides while trying to get unstuck from the wall/box/et cetera. The story is DECENT, not great. Uncharted 2 raised the bar for interactive story telling. This one leaves a LOT to be desired. All the secondary characters are thrown in and discarded, with exception to Sully. I've seen these shadow villains only a few times over the course of the game; I don't feel like they're that big of a threat. The story behind why we're going where we're going feels like a major stretch. I know Uncharted 1 and 2 were about Drake and his "relationships" while 3 is supposed to be about Drake and Sully, but I'm not really feeling the character building there. In fact, we've seen about as much between Drake and Sully that we always see except now we know how they met. The story is undoubtedly better than many, but just not up to par with the prior two games.

Credit where its due: The game is beautiful but it's not anywhere near as fun as Uncharted or Uncharted 2.

IMO, this is, by far, the weakest in the series. With all of the aforementioned issues, plus the gutting of small additions, such as gameplay unlocks and the cutscene viewer, it feels like NaughtyDog simply cut corners to get the game out to retail.
  40. Nov 8, 2011
    I wish I could love this game as much as the first 2 uncharted games, but this one feels rushed and falls short of greatness. The graphics, are nice, the cinematics are good, but the main problem is the gameplay. Often times, I will try to cover behind something or try to jump over an object, and often times, what happens in reality is not what I intended at all. Multiplayer:
    The coop
    The coop is even worse. I have come across many many bugs during coop multiplayer, from suddenly having no weapon in my hand, to having enemies become invincible and wipe our group, to my character getting stuck and not being able to do anything but leave the game. My friends I've played with have also gotten bugs where their characters would be locked running in 1 direction unable to stop. WTF is up with that? These are some of the same bugs reported in the Beta. I guess they were never fixed, which makes the game feel really rushed. Single Player
    I am almost done with the single player. The only set piece parts I have liked were only some of the stealth parts, and the chase parts (where u have to run to/from someone or something). Some of the gunfights are ridiculously hard, and I'm playing on normal. The meleeing seems wonky, and some of the fight animations should give you at least some invinciblilty vs bullets. I have died many times from getting sniped by being pushed out of cover while meleeing. The hints (which you can toggle on and off) are helpful but only when they are available. The progression through each level could be highlighted a bit better, there were sometimes where I did not know where to go next and was stuck for a while just jumping around looking for a ledge or something to get me to the next part.
    Summary
    The dialogue is more or less well done, the story could be better, the gameplay is unrefined, and the multiplayer (at least coop) is buggy. If they can fix these bugs (which they probably will), then I would kind of recommend this game, otherwise at this time, my feelings are mixed for this game.
  41. Nov 10, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Huge pluses and HUGE minuses for this effort by NaughtyDog. I'm wearing Drake's ring around my neck, from the collector's edition, so ya think I'm a fan?? BUT WAIT.... there's two sides to this annulus. Beautifully rendered and well-acted by the voice performers, this game repeats the fussy, infuriating ways of its predecessor. Think dying is fun? Well you will love U3's gameplay. As in the prior game, if you don't already KNOW how to react, figure on dying at least once, or maybe four times, in every fun action sequence. What's that you say? It's not FUN to die consecutively with no hints as to how to succeed? Repeated painful failure is NOT what you like to do in your leisure time? Sorry. NaughtyDog wants to rub your nose in it and spank you, again and again. Yeah, they made a beautiful vibrant visual world. But I had more fun playing DOOM on my PC in 1996 because the GAMEPLAY was better. Again, to be clear, this game is pickier than your mother-in-law and more obtusely opaque than your ex-wife. If you are single, and living in your basement, it's worse than being repeatedly shot down by the girls you try to talk to. Seriously, I would grab the director and beat his geeky stick-figure for not focus-grouping the "challenges" and noticing that they SUCK. I mean (SPOILER ALERT) I CAN FIND THE F*****G NORTH STAR!!! I don't need more hints about the objective. You irritating jerks don't know the difference between already knowing the answer and finding it on your own. Once I find the North Star, do you want me to shoot it? Lasso it? Bend it over and and show it the meaning of... never mind, I'm sure they don't even know where that was going. So they don't want me to do that. I'm appalled that people make a living designing things with such abysmal design. I mean BAD. Not visual design, which is superb in this game, but FUNCTIONAL design. Like a Ferrari with no brakes, and the windows don't open, and the stereo makes no sound, but it looks GORGEOUS.

At least the studio is aptly named. Those naughty pups should whimper and cower, shamed by the product they have offered. $118 of my hard-earned (Canadian) cash for the collector's edition, when the plain old regular version would have disappointed me just as sorely. Bad dog! Bad! Bad!
  42. Nov 4, 2011
    I'm such a big fan of Uncharted 2 that it pains me to say this, but this game has been nothing but a disappointment to me. UC2 succeeded because of excellent pacing between gunplay and platforming, thanks to great level design and a simple combat mechanic that left the focus where it should be--on the rest of the game. The changes to the combat system in UC3 force any fighting--hand toI'm such a big fan of Uncharted 2 that it pains me to say this, but this game has been nothing but a disappointment to me. UC2 succeeded because of excellent pacing between gunplay and platforming, thanks to great level design and a simple combat mechanic that left the focus where it should be--on the rest of the game. The changes to the combat system in UC3 force any fighting--hand to hand or gun--down to a plodding pace. The level design is a shade above terrible, as the enemies (usually 10 or 15 in an area) have way too much room to maneuver and flank Drake, and the cover that you're afforded just doesn't plain work half the time. Even the writing, the thing that made me fall in love with UC2, suffers at times, especially during the Syria mission. Take the title off the box, take the budget off of the engine, and this is a mediocre game. Not a bad game--a mediocre one. And I can't tell you how disappointed that makes me. Expand
  43. Nov 7, 2011
    I was eagerly awaiting Uncharted 3 after enjoying the second iteration but Naughty dog seemed to have dropped the ball on this one. Graphically the game is OK, itâ
  44. Nov 6, 2011
    Ok guys, let's just be honest. This is a pretty big dissapointment, especially the single player. Very short, only 8:30 hours on HARD. Because most games this generation are extremely short it doesnt mean you have to work towards such a short single player. Also, even on hard, this is a very easy game and almost everything will be done for you and you're getting tips all the time EVEN whenOk guys, let's just be honest. This is a pretty big dissapointment, especially the single player. Very short, only 8:30 hours on HARD. Because most games this generation are extremely short it doesnt mean you have to work towards such a short single player. Also, even on hard, this is a very easy game and almost everything will be done for you and you're getting tips all the time EVEN when you turn hints off. Many technical flaws like glitches, enemies becoming invisible, bad animations, dissapearing environments, VERY stupid AI almost emberrasing for a game with this power/graphics. Even in the gamecube-era the AI can be much smarter than this. Naughty Dog apparently choses graphics over story and gameplay. I hope they learned their lesson with this one.

The multiplayer is fun yes. The best part of the game also. Not very innovative but still fun with friends. You get lots of content by level up, many weapons, medals, character costumoptions. Doesn't really hold me on like Uncharted 2, which is the much better game.
  45. Apr 5, 2016
    By far the most mediocre of the saga, i enjoy the others but this is just too much with a awful story i expect more for the 4 or time to buried this saga.
  46. Nov 9, 2011
    Just finished it, and I gotta say this game definitely doesn't deserve the 9's and 10's it got in all the reviews.

The combat is decent at the start but gets extremely repetitive halfway through the game. Towards the end I found myself dreading having to kill enemies. The combat isn't paced well at all, for that matter. I'd kill a bunch of enemies in an area, and just as I think its clear

I'd kill a bunch of enemies in an area, and just as I think its clear to move on, another wave comes out from nowhere. After I kill that wave of enemies, I take 2 steps into another room and hey look, more enemies!

Another few gripes I had were the aiming issues (they seem to be more prevalent from halfway through the game onwards), crap button response at times and poor controls at other times.

The aiming and recoil of the guns felt really inaccurate and off. I found myself missing shots all the time. The button response in the quicktime events was also poor at times, failing to register when you jump from platform to platform or press Triangle to counter an enemy's move. The poor controls were probably the biggest pain in the ass out of the three though. Numerous times I found myself trying to get to cover to avoid fire but instead of getting to cover, I'd end up trying to push a nearby enemy, which would result in me getting shot and killed.

I think Uncharted 3 was a bit disappointing compared to Uncharted 2. The story is great, but as for gameplay there was too much emphasis on shooting rather than platforming, and not enough platforming and puzzle-solving, and issues with aiming and controls that got extremely annoying and infuriating.

I honestly don't think Uncharted 3 deserved the 9's and 10's it got in reviews. 6/10 would be a much more suitable score.
  47. Nov 21, 2011
    The game has great graphics, sound and an entertaining story. The locales are as amazing as the first two games. It would have been the perfect video game, however, had it not been for the unresponsive controls, which are almost game breaking. Having spent months playing Demons' Souls before playing Uncharted 3, I grew used to precise controls and minimal input lag. Playing Uncharted 3The game has great graphics, sound and an entertaining story. The locales are as amazing as the first two games. It would have been the perfect video game, however, had it not been for the unresponsive controls, which are almost game breaking. Having spent months playing Demons' Souls before playing Uncharted 3, I grew used to precise controls and minimal input lag. Playing Uncharted 3 has shown was frustrating thing it is when controls are not responsive. Seeing as the game has such a heavy emphasis on CQC, the lack of precision and urgency to control commands is unforgivable and nearly ruin the game. Save your money folks, and only buy this game when it goes on sale. Expand
  48. Nov 5, 2011
    A real shame I really wanted to like this, I loved the first 2 games. As a self confessed Sony fanboy it upsets me. The balance of the game is all off. Aiming is extremely difficult, stupid QTE's and an anti climatic story that for the last hour is essentially uncharted 2 all over again. A lot of the story centre's around SUlly and Drakes relationship, this is unnessary, we already knowA real shame I really wanted to like this, I loved the first 2 games. As a self confessed Sony fanboy it upsets me. The balance of the game is all off. Aiming is extremely difficult, stupid QTE's and an anti climatic story that for the last hour is essentially uncharted 2 all over again. A lot of the story centre's around SUlly and Drakes relationship, this is unnessary, we already know they have a father/son type relationship this didn't need to be delved into in so much detail. On positive notes Cutter is an excellent character and has some of the best lines. Expand
  49. Jan 1, 2012
    Naughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of itsNaughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of its third person shooter aspect, but for the third installation the shooting aspect was altered for the worse. I actually had to play Uncharted 2 to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but Uncharted 3 has somehow managed to make it erratic and slower to aim. And, while I'm not a fan of precision jumping platform games, Uncharted 2's use of it was beareable due to the graphics attention to detail and voice commentary along the way. In Uncharted 3, the developers added more animations to Drake's movements that he ends up with a very unnatural herky, jerky movement that causes an unreliable platforming experience. It's just awkward and painful to watch or play. Naughty Dog furthered tweaked this series by including more fighting options by having timed button pushing, which I can't stand. If you want a fighting game, than add combos and blocks, don't have me just push one or two buttons according to what the developers flash in front of me. So the overall effect of the game on me was a great action storyline but since I didn't enjoy playing the game with its current mechanics, I felt I was just trying to get from one cut scene to the next in order to watch a movie and not actually playing a game. Since this game is suppose to be a 3rd person shooter, and it has done this badly, no amount of great graphics and storyline can make this a game worth paying full price to play. Expand
  50. Jun 10, 2012
    If you're staggered by an explosion, enemies can shoot you, even if your character is clearly in cover. The melee combat is flawed, with no real way to exit combat, or cancel into other moves like the previous 2 games. There are times where the game feels like it's just throwing enemies at you for the sake of making it more difficult, only to have it be incredibly annoying.
  51. Dec 23, 2011
    While this is a good - fun game. I'm a bit surprised at the Great reviews this game consistently gets. The story (which is meant to be a big focus in the Uncharted series, more so than other games) is really jumbled and unfocused - then finally leaves you with a sort of..."oh it's over...I guess" feel. It never really brought me in, and was far from engaging - even if the acting was greatWhile this is a good - fun game. I'm a bit surprised at the Great reviews this game consistently gets. The story (which is meant to be a big focus in the Uncharted series, more so than other games) is really jumbled and unfocused - then finally leaves you with a sort of..."oh it's over...I guess" feel. It never really brought me in, and was far from engaging - even if the acting was great (and it was). It seemed mashed together with no purpose. The villains were basically non-existent and basically irrelevant, which was fitting for what they put as the ending I guess - pretty disappointing. The game-play on the other hand was very entertaining at times and was very well mixed. The only downside was the shooting mechanics - which is pretty archic. The graphics were nice and the art direction was among the best I've seen. Overall though, I enjoyed Uncharted 2 So-so much more than U3 and it didn't ever quite bring me into the game, - then it was over. As a reference, I give Uncharted 2 a 9.5 and Uncharted 3 just a 6. Good game, just not great in my humble opinion. Expand
  52. Nov 2, 2011
    Good graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies inGood graphics and motion captured action does not make a good game. I would consider this more Uncharted 2.5 than Uncharted 3 as it doesn't really add much new to the formula, infact, in a lot of ways, it takes a step back. Those familiar with Uncharted 1 will be glad to hear that the infinite enemy mob spawner gameplay has returned. Be prepared to fight off waves and waves of enemies in order for Naughty Dog to pad out the levels and make it seem like you're getting more gameplay than you really are.

The weapons and combat system have been altered in a way that I think is detrimental to the enjoyment of the fights and it really just irks me that there's still lots of unfixed problems with combat, such as finicky grenades landing in unreachable places, or enemies being able to hit you through walls despite the fact you are concealed in cover.

Overall, a bit of a disappointment, but it definitely has a lot of aesthetic polish. But then again, so does a brass toilet.
  53. Dec 17, 2011
    The graphics are epic and it has a good story line but in total it's not that good. The gun fights are unrealistic and sometimes you can't control Nate. And sometimes what your trying to do is just confusing
  54. Nov 2, 2011
    I was expecting so much more from this game. I bought my ps3 2 days ago and this game was one of the reasons why I did. This game isn't bad it's just not all it's hyped up to be (still can't believe freaking ign gave it a 10. . . damn Greg Miller). I'll start with the pros. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably one of the prettiest console games ever made. Another highlight of the gameI was expecting so much more from this game. I bought my ps3 2 days ago and this game was one of the reasons why I did. This game isn't bad it's just not all it's hyped up to be (still can't believe freaking ign gave it a 10. . . damn Greg Miller). I'll start with the pros. The game is absolutely gorgeous. Probably one of the prettiest console games ever made. Another highlight of the game is the cut scenes. During the campaign I was looking forward to the cut scenes more than the gameplay itself. Next is the voice acting. Top notch. Not much more to say then that. Last is the multiplayer. A great improvement from UC2's multiplayer. Now the cons. The campaign is ridiculously linear. All you do is move from boring puzzle to boring puzzle, run into the enemy and hide behind something and kill them all, and sit through a cool cut scene, etc. There are some great moments in the story mode, but 80 percent of the time your doing the same thing over and over again. Very short as well. If you want you could finish the whole game in 8 hours or so. So there you have it. A good game, but not a great game. If you really want to play the some disappointing campaign then just rent it. I don't think there are any other features that could justify a full purchase unless you really like multiplayer. Final score 7.5/10 Expand
  55. Nov 2, 2011
    Uncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes areUncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes are awesome but game-play is exhausting and repetitive. The game eventually becomes a grind. Kill guys here, climb there, enter room with many spawning enemies, rinse and repeat through out the whole game. I found myself loving the game but at the same time becoming very frustrated during my game-play. Uncharted 2 was stellar, I must have played the game 5 times at least, this game I cannot finish due to being exhausted of the same things over and over again. Expand
  56. Oct 22, 2012
    Awesome graphic, but an average game.
    Awesome graphic, but an average game.
    I'm disappointed by this one, the story lacks passion, as the relationship between Nate and Elena is completed in Among Thieves,the one between him and Sully is not very convincingly told. The graphic is AWESOME, beats all the other acclaimed visually stunning console games. But it's more like a movie than a video game. There are so many times you just punch one or two buttons to keep the show running.
  57. Nov 8, 2011
    A fantastic experience, and a must own for any PS3 owner. The scenery (as well as everything else in the game) is gorgeous and diverse, meaning you never get sick of seeing any one environment for an extended period of time. The story, while a bit predictable, is very well executed. The writing is superb, as expected of an Uncharted game. There is a good mix of both humorous and seriousA fantastic experience, and a must own for any PS3 owner. The scenery (as well as everything else in the game) is gorgeous and diverse, meaning you never get sick of seeing any one environment for an extended period of time. The story, while a bit predictable, is very well executed. The writing is superb, as expected of an Uncharted game. There is a good mix of both humorous and serious dialogue.

The gameplay is extremely solid. They did not change much from the previous games, as there was no need. The aiming mechanics are a bit tighter, and the melee is infinitely more satisfying, but don't expect a huge change from the previous two installments. I never found myself getting sick of the game, while at times the story was too obvious for my tastes, the edge of your seat action and the banter between Drake and company kept me coming back for more.

If it's your type of thing, the game has a very good multiplayer mode as well. While I don't like to play a lot of third person multiplayer, the game offers infinite customization options for both your character and your loadouts. The weapons are fairly well balanced, as are the streak bonuses. For someone who doesn't like third person multiplayer, like me, this won't change your opinion on the genre. However if you don't mind it, or enjoy that kind of multiplayer, it is well done and will likely keep you coming back for more unlocks.
  58. Mar 26, 2016
    Uncharted 3 is... a very awesome game!!..... to watch that is. Because the story is alright, characters are quite likable, graphics look absolutely amazing and you just wonder how the PS3 could handle this. The voice acting, the music, this is a work of art.

Unfortunately, the game is not that awesome to play. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is super linear and everything is sooo scripted. EVERYTHING!! It's like Tomb Raider, walk past this point, explosion will happen. Walk across the bridge, bridge collapse.... They actually believe people will go " OMG I totally did not see that happening!! My heart is beating so fast!! Wow!!"

Combat mechanics.... it's pretty mediocre. Not terrible, mind you. But somehow I feel Nathan lack actual weight, or defy laws of gravity. It just doesn't feel natural. Seems like he's floating most of the time. Because of this, in Online mode everybody is just running around jumping around crazily at each other. Seem like a mess. Guns feel like they have no impact, like paintball guns.

Final verdict, as a show piece, 10/10. I suggest watching the cutscenes on Youtube. There are plenty of compiled cutscenes vids by now. As as a video game, it does nothing new. You're doing the same linear things from start to end. I played about 2 hours and had to stop cos it was getting boring. Sold it and watched the rest on Youtube. it's just not that fun like many people are saying here.. 6/10.
  59. Nov 14, 2011
    I was expecting really big things from this game after all the straight 10's the critics handed out. The action is thick and fast (a little too fast ) in my opinion. The campaign clocks in at about 8 hours and the combat feels clunky compared to UC2. Enjoyable game but over too soon with little replay value unless you're big on MP. I'm mainly disappointed with the 10 score received forI was expecting really big things from this game after all the straight 10's the critics handed out. The action is thick and fast (a little too fast ) in my opinion. The campaign clocks in at about 8 hours and the combat feels clunky compared to UC2. Enjoyable game but over too soon with little replay value unless you're big on MP. I'm mainly disappointed with the 10 score received for lasting appeal just because of the tacked on MP. I personally would rent the title in hindsight, have your fun and move on. Alternatively wait for the platinum release which will be much cheaper. Great game but not a 10 ever. There is no innovation from the previous 2 games and it is too short hence my decent 7 score. Expand
  60. Nov 11, 2011
    Uncharted is a great series, the first installment was a great if somewhat flawed explosion onto the PS3, feeding the hunger for an Indy type character which we all love, giving us the heady mix of exploration, albeit linear, puzzles and combat. I loved the first game, the second more, it really pushed the envelope in story telling, character development and an affection for the charactersUncharted is a great series, the first installment was a great if somewhat flawed explosion onto the PS3, feeding the hunger for an Indy type character which we all love, giving us the heady mix of exploration, albeit linear, puzzles and combat. I loved the first game, the second more, it really pushed the envelope in story telling, character development and an affection for the characters usually lacking in the wooden one dimensional people that normally populate video game land. Where 2 was a jaw dropping kick up the arschenholler for most developers, I feel that 3 does'nt quite hit the same high tide mark. I loved the steady build of London and the excellent Drake as a youth levels. Something didnt quite just click. The graphics as to be expected of Naughty Dog were exceptional, but the usually well fleshed out enemies were missing. The Helen Mirren baddie wasnt explained enough, nor her underling. Though he looked suspiciously like the English bloke from 2. For all the spectacle, and it was spectacular, I felt that some of the heart was missing. Cutter, who was great, disappeared in the second act along with Chloe. Elena barely made an entrance. It seemed that in the early part of the game, puzzles were abundant and a definate refinement over previous efforts, but beyond that they disappeared totally. Gunplay was a bit wonky with the cover mechanic being hit and miss at best. Also the fact that enemies know where you are, even if they cant have possibly seen you in cover, but pour masses of fire onto you anyway was a bit lame. It also felt like it was all over a bit to soon, and lacked a real climax ( the escape from the collapsing city was was awesome visually) it just lacked a bit of occasion as i didnt really care about the baddies or know enough about them. Overall a good entry but not what i was hoping for after the second one. Expand
  61. Nov 26, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is pure brilliance and a true landmark in the action adventure genre. Its already been said enough that the game is like a Hollywood blockbuster but in my opinion it exceeds that. From escaping a burning mansion to dangling out of a plane, the amount of excitement will have you dripping sweat. The game-play is the same as Uncharted 2 with some tweaks, the main one being theUncharted 3 is pure brilliance and a true landmark in the action adventure genre. Its already been said enough that the game is like a Hollywood blockbuster but in my opinion it exceeds that. From escaping a burning mansion to dangling out of a plane, the amount of excitement will have you dripping sweat. The game-play is the same as Uncharted 2 with some tweaks, the main one being the difficulty. The enemy's are more ruthless and some trial and error in certain set pieces which will test your skill and your patience. The graphics are slightly better now with some very beautiful areas. Now that all the characters are established from the last 2 games there's a bit more focus on the villains, who are more complex then the cliché Russian war-criminal from the last game. Overall this game is pure brilliance in the single-player department combining fast paced action and plat-forming with confusing puzzles. The multi-player will suit most people but it gave me frustration, so if Modern Warfare multi-player makes you tear your hair out most of the same is here. Co-op however is a blast, with its own storyline its good fun with friends. All around its a very good game with some minor flaws with repetition, if you liked the first two you'll love this and its a nice surprise for new people who haven't played the others Expand
  62. May 8, 2015
    While I felt less frustrated than in the previous Uncharteds, this third game also reminded me that I never really had huge fun with the series. The core elements are lifted from classic games, but it's not as fast and responsive as those games, and often the player is led through the game whereas some of the best games let the player be an agent who figures things out.

Every Uncharted

Every Uncharted game has a few impressive levels, or setpieces. In '2', there was the jungle train level and the temple levels. In '3', there's a spectacular plane scene, a ship that is utilized creatively and almost worth playing the game just to see, and a final setting that looks like a next-gen animated painting.

But it's still molded into a linear route where the player never takes the game's decisions and the intensity is kept moderate.

I think the online cooperative mode is more entertaining, since you know the other person relies on your performance and it can get pretty hectic. The competitive multiplayer modes are dominated by very experienced players, but nonetheless they can deliver hours of gameplay, with a dozen maps and a lot of multiplayer trophies to work towards.

(The online game requires a code, so those who buy secondhand would have to buy a code in order to play online, and online feels like the second half of the game.)
  63. Jan 8, 2012
    Uncharted 3 was a great game, but i didn't like it nearly as much as Uncharted 2. In Uncharted 3 I felt that the developers wanted it to be like a movie, which would be fine if it wasn't EXACTLY LIKE ONE. The entire game felt out of my control and the throughout the story i asked questions that weren't even answered. Such as How did they meet Cutter? What makes Nathan and Elaina getUncharted 3 was a great game, but i didn't like it nearly as much as Uncharted 2. In Uncharted 3 I felt that the developers wanted it to be like a movie, which would be fine if it wasn't EXACTLY LIKE ONE. The entire game felt out of my control and the throughout the story i asked questions that weren't even answered. Such as How did they meet Cutter? What makes Nathan and Elaina get divorced? The ending seemed to rushed as well, with a lousy final boss battle that wasn't even the least bit difficult and everything happening so fast I was stunned. Although i don't like this game as much as its prequel i still enjoy its core gameplay and multiplayer. Expand
  64. Jan 12, 2012
    Good - Absolutely stunning graphical detail, quite frankly one of the most beautiful games to look at. The voice acting is superb making every character completely believable. Wonderful set pieces that are very exciting to behold. Some fun and intense gunplay. Multiplayer is fun, quick and easy to get into. The new customizations in multiplayer are very much welcome too, adding much moreGood - Absolutely stunning graphical detail, quite frankly one of the most beautiful games to look at. The voice acting is superb making every character completely believable. Wonderful set pieces that are very exciting to behold. Some fun and intense gunplay. Multiplayer is fun, quick and easy to get into. The new customizations in multiplayer are very much welcome too, adding much more depth to the gameplay. The co-op story is great addition too, this time receiving a loose story to connect each level. Bad - Apart from the graphics, this is a step back from Uncharted 2. The gunplay, however fun, is now quite inaccurate and irritatingly slow in comparison to Uncharted 2. This makes the game feel extremely clunky at times. The story is really quite weak with little character development (apart from Nate and Sully, I was quite impressed by their backstory). The result of this is a very anticlimactic ending, where it's difficult to care about antagonists that you know nothing about. The game is also really quite short and the linearity of the series is getting to be absurd. For example, without adding too much of a spoiler, there is a whole chapter of the game where you simply have to hold forward to progress as the rest of the game plays itself for you. I found this chapter torturous and it actually added nothing to the story. This perfectly highlighted the pacing issues this game has. You might spend a whole 3 chapters doing nothing but shooting with the occasional set piece, and then have a chapter where you simply walk around aimlessly. It make for some seriously disjointed gameplay. Uncharted 2 had much better pacing, never making anything feel like a slog. The main issue with this game is removal of the player from the gaming experience. I am aware that Uncharted games are supposed to be deeply cinematic but Uncharted 3 has taken it too far and often crosses the line between movie and video game. Uncharted 2 got this just right, but Uncharted 3 has no happy balance, which makes for some deeply unsatisfying gameplay. Also, because the game has so much cinematics injected into it, there is actually very little to do at times, which makes the game quite boring at times and also very easy (even on crushing difficulty). Overall - I feel bad that I have focused much of my attention on what Uncharted 3 is doing wrong. But I only do so because with all the 10/10 reviews it is receiving I am worried that this series is going to become progressively more and more 'cinematic' and the gameplay less and less interesting. At first I was bedazzled by the beautiful graphics of Uncharted 3, but after that had worn off I was left with realisation that this is quite a hollow game. I did enjoy Uncharted 3, but it feels like such a step back from the brilliance that is Uncharted 2. Expand
  65. May 16, 2012
    single player: nowhere near as good as the second installment,the pacing is slow.the level design is also bad and frustrating,i mean you shoot a number of enemies and move on and do the same thing again.friendly and enemy AI is stupid,and the shooting mechanics are crappy.the singleplayer isn't completely bad and is fun at certain points.
    multiplayer is fun but still has many faults.in my
    multiplayer is fun but still has many faults.in my opinion you should rent this game, not by it.
  66. Jul 27, 2014
    This is a nice game but definitely not "the greatest game ever made". Too much lengthy and quite repetitive - all the time again and again similar shooting scenes, so similar that becoming boring after about 60% of progress. It even seems they didn't have that long story for a that long game and put some of the location just to make shooting scenes longer. Blah.
  67. Jan 13, 2016
    As a recent convert to the PS4 I have only just completed the Unchartered collection and UC3 was certainly the most disappointing game in the series. The whole thing just feels tired, as if they took all the segments that didn't make the cut for UC2 and mashed them together. The epic set pieces that made UC2 one of the best games I have ever played are gone, the story is just ok. But theAs a recent convert to the PS4 I have only just completed the Unchartered collection and UC3 was certainly the most disappointing game in the series. The whole thing just feels tired, as if they took all the segments that didn't make the cut for UC2 and mashed them together. The epic set pieces that made UC2 one of the best games I have ever played are gone, the story is just ok. But the worst part of all, which basically ruined the game for me occurs in the very frequent "shoot out" sections.

Firstly you are not allowed to be patient... if you stay in cover for more than 2 seconds a grenade will magically land a yard from your feet (Despite being thrown from the other side of an area they manage to magically stop dead).

The soldier AI/movement is next. This system is completely broken - they aimlessly run to there assigned cover points in an area often taking position directly to your side or running directly past you to get to there programmed point. Many areas I just resorted to running around and melee killing all the soldiers as they randomly ran around.

And finally I think it is poor/lazy that successful bullet hits on an enemy rarely cause any reaction other than the decisive hit.

For a game with so much gunplay these area's should be improved on in UC4.
  68. Nov 11, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dear Naughty Dog,

Can you please answer me these questions?
    1. Is Nate actually Jesus? The man has to be touched by divine power to survive as he does if he is not the messiah returned.
    2. Is he emotionally detached? Rambo killed less men and suffered worse as a result and he's a known badass! I read that all the time on the net! He was in competition with Schwarzenegger.
    3. Can Nate dress in a unitard and perform tricks for us? He'd be better if he was sparkly and juggling.
    4. Can Sully actually die? Or is he impervious to bullets and Nate hasn't noticed yet?

Thanks.
  69. Aug 28, 2015
    THE PROS:
    -Great acting and cinematics
    -The right level of difficulty in puzzles -Good pacing of action, puzzles, and platforming -Cover system and shooting feels good The cons: -Platforming is rigid. You have little control other than to guide Nathan Drake into his animations. -Absurdly unrealistic jumping/climbing and story can cause you to roll your eyes. I know I
    THE PROS:
    -Great acting and cinematics
    -The right level of difficulty in puzzles
    -Good pacing of action, puzzles, and platforming
    -Cover system and shooting feels good

The cons:
    -Absurdly unrealistic jumping/climbing and story can cause you to roll your eyes. I know I did.Apparently Drake is the one, the true, American Ninja Warrior.
    -No crouching other when using cover. Stealth could be more of an option. Really stealth is only applicable when the game suggests it.
    -The game sometimes will just throw waves of enemies at you and you will probably die a few times because an enemy spawned behind you or on your flank and you don't notice because there is no mini map.
    -The action is rather shallow. You cover and shoot and not much more
  70. Nov 8, 2015
    After the greatness of UC2, UC3 is a huge let down. The AI is a huge step down, they run at you blindly then take cover next to you while still being in line of sight like they want to commit suicide (tlou has this problem too), the shooting mechanics suck with hits not registering until an enemy has reached it's cinematic entrance, or shooting through gaps in a backless bookcase don'tAfter the greatness of UC2, UC3 is a huge let down. The AI is a huge step down, they run at you blindly then take cover next to you while still being in line of sight like they want to commit suicide (tlou has this problem too), the shooting mechanics suck with hits not registering until an enemy has reached it's cinematic entrance, or shooting through gaps in a backless bookcase don't register hits because the enemy is in cover even though visible which means you can't hurt them, enemies spawn behind you in dead ends you already cleared so the tough sections are about learning the pattern rather than actually being good at the game. The story is mundane and a let down compared to the first two, there's far too many long boring stretches on running/walking or not doing much. Just a big let down after the first two games. Expand
  71. Feb 3, 2016
    Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception is a painfully average game, which i really didn't want to have to tell you that, i wanted to tell you how legendary Drakes last outing on the PS3 was before he moved on to the PS4 for A Thief's End. Drakes Deceptions campaign is a carbon copy of Among Thieves story wise. There is no threatening villain, the gun play is boring, and the final boss is laughablyUncharted 3: Drakes Deception is a painfully average game, which i really didn't want to have to tell you that, i wanted to tell you how legendary Drakes last outing on the PS3 was before he moved on to the PS4 for A Thief's End. Drakes Deceptions campaign is a carbon copy of Among Thieves story wise. There is no threatening villain, the gun play is boring, and the final boss is laughably lackluster. The main reason Drakes Deception was such a flop is that Naughty Dog made the set pieces and levels, THEN tried to tailor the story around them, which was a terrible idea. Don't buy this game, buy Last Of Us, or Uncharted 2, or MGS4, but don't buy this. Expand
  72. Sep 5, 2015
    After I finished the campaign, I really don't understand why so many 10s for this game, maybe the multiplayer and co-op are amazing, but I'll just rate the campaign.
    - The storyline is really unsatisfying, the characters have no depth.
    - The melee combat is a pain in the ass, it lasts forever. - It is really hard to tell when you can land on the ground or jump to death, or when you can
    - The storyline is really unsatisfying, the characters have no depth.
    - The melee combat is a pain in the ass, it lasts forever.
    - It is really hard to tell when you can land on the ground or jump to death, or when you can swim or jump to death. It feels so inconsistent.
    - The shooting part is the worst. The trajectory of grenade is horrible, I can't tell where I am throwing. There are many times I threw back a grenade only found I threw it right under my feet. The enemies are way stronger than UC2, the firedemon can even survive RPG and teleport around like a monkey. Sniper one shot you everywhere, oh and rocket guy! Man it sucks. And they put them together, one challenge at a time, it is NORMAL!
    - Why the hell Drake refuses to wear bullet proof vet or helmet? If you can't afford them, at least pick one, for your own sake! Can you imagine someone facing a bunch of guys armored to teeth only wearing shirt? Well you can if you have Eagle vision or supernatural reflexes, but you cannot even sprint!!

This is of course a decent game, it is just no way a ten, I mean, leave the ten to real masterpiece.
  73. Oct 3, 2012
    I gave Uncharted 2 a top ten. This sequel though had the worst story. They dropped the ball way to many times during gameplay. You couldn't feel anything for the characters, non of the new characters got properly introduced. The game ended like **** everything was just ****
  74. Feb 14, 2012
    Drake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall theDrake's Deception is a vast improvement from Among Thieves if that's possible. The Multiplayer and Co-op now has Medal Kickbacks and Weapon Mods. The Single Player Campaign is interesting as well but I kind of thought there should have been a villian return somehow because I feel that the villians in UC3 are dull. While the heroes are interesting, but I guess that's on purpose. Overall the game a great buy for a PS3 owner. 9.25/10 Expand
  75. Sep 2, 2013
    This must be the most overrated game ever, this game isn't even the best in the Uncharted series, being uncharted 2 the only one who deserves nines not even a 10.
  76. Oct 16, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. this is a review for uncharted 3. it is a video game where things happen and some things that do not happen. it was okay. i would say that it was a video game. Expand
  77. Oct 2, 2012
    I found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This oftenI found UC3 to be a somewhat disappointing sequel. It is a decent game but in light of the outstanding quality of its immediate predecessor I did expect a more entertaining experience. More focus has been placed on melee combat, which has been refined, but it is still fairly ropey and you are often encouraged to engage in it when there is a lot of shooting going on around you. This often leads to frustrating deaths as switching between melee and shooting can be quite cumbersome and you are often left as an easy target. The pacing of the game is also inferior to UC2. Where UC2 ratcheted up the intensity of the action at a consistent pace, leading to a brilliant climax ,UC3 takes quite a while to get going and the first half could only be most favourably described as subdued. When it does get to its most intense chapters there are never quite up to par with UC2 and the game then sloooooows down just before the final chapters to a grinding pace that I found quite misjudged and frustrating. These games are clearly aping the beats of an adventure movie, most noticeably the Indiana Jones series, so why the designers didn't stick as closely to this pacing template is quite confusing. They got it just right the last time, so why not stick to it?
    It also feels shorter than the previous games and has quite a ho-hum finale, and to add to its bland troubles the main baddie of the game is about as exciting as a cardboard flavoured lolly pop. Think a stoned and bored Helen Mirren and you're pretty much there.
    The story isn't bad but it does have a faint smell of repetitive odour and several characters actually question the necessity of the quest, almost as though they've broken the fourth wall and are winking at us. The main cast all return but even their appearances feel somewhat perfunctory, as though they were contractually obliged to return.
    This is not to say the game is without its strengths: It looks absolutely gorgeous, and there are a number of very impressive set pieces, what with the budget undoubtedly being so high. There were a few moments of real emotional connection with the characters, which is rare, and good to see, in action video games. Having spent three games with most of these characters it is nice to see they still have depth and imperfections worth exploring.
    Had this game been released before UC2 I still don't think it would've reached the high scores of that outstanding title, but it would certainly not have been a disappointment in any way as it is certainly superior to the first.
    I did enjoy it but was constantly comparing it to UC2, willing it to be better, but it just never quite got there. I do hope there are more UC titles, but that the next one ups the ante again the way the second one did. This is a game that should be rented rather than bought as there simply isn't enough replay value and the multiplayer, whilst fairly enjoyable, is not good enough to justify a full price purchase.
  78. Apr 20, 2013
    The difficulty on this game spikes dramatically after the first third of the game. More so even later, with uneven weapons, terrible repetitive melee combat, headshots that don't kill until you've done it 3-4 times (and I even got the trophy for 100 headshots), and just overall terrible deaths for no reason other than unpolished gameplay. The credits reveal why: story comes first beforeThe difficulty on this game spikes dramatically after the first third of the game. More so even later, with uneven weapons, terrible repetitive melee combat, headshots that don't kill until you've done it 3-4 times (and I even got the trophy for 100 headshots), and just overall terrible deaths for no reason other than unpolished gameplay. The credits reveal why: story comes first before gameplay. Play this game on Very Easy for it to be even remotely finishable compared to the previous 2. I'm disappointed Naughty Dog. I love your stuff and the story was great, but the gameplay on this game leaves me not wanting to pick up another ps3 exclusive. Expand
  79. Mar 2, 2013
    Drakes deception...I can't help but feel deceived by this game...don't get me wrong but this game leaves MUCH to be desired but fails to answer some questions it asks so as usual the good: Great voice acting from the entire cast. The graphics makes me wonder why anyone possess another console instead of a ps3 because the graphics are simply amazing even now. The sound is worthy of aDrakes deception...I can't help but feel deceived by this game...don't get me wrong but this game leaves MUCH to be desired but fails to answer some questions it asks so as usual the good: Great voice acting from the entire cast. The graphics makes me wonder why anyone possess another console instead of a ps3 because the graphics are simply amazing even now. The sound is worthy of a multi-million dollar movie and has drake and co fight against an interesting opponent who seems to be immortal and has some weird mind controlling technique up there sleeve. So why not score it a 9 or 10? Because despite it being better than uncharted 2 the flaws keep it from being a rare gem it was aiming to be! This game is great right up to the middle part of the game by which I mean.......THE COMBAT!! Now the bad: as I said its the combat and while I enjoyed the combat of the previous two uncharted its almost unbearable here! It go s like this: your fighting your standard enemies then here come a heavy(or two) who take NUMEROUS head shots then when he(or gasp....both) gets close your forced into melee mode where it becomes insanely difficult to survive because as you are forced to go hand to hand your getting shot and by the time your out of melee mode you die trying to run for cover! There's also MANY area's that include the "screw you gamer" enemy combinations that is....one or two heavies....two or more snipers and about three grenade launcher enemies that result in multiple deaths....I'm sorry I meant CHEAP deaths because when grenades explode near you....your stunned right out of cover and exposed to a hail storm of bullets! the story(usually a high point) fails to explore Nathan drakes past as the female antagonist mentions how drake wasn't his real name. I was interested about who he really was and why he was so obsessed with drake(Francis drake) and besides that...the small things like his age...where was he born and who were his parents...all left unexplained in the last installment...? Why was the guy seemingly immortal but dies with one shot in the end!? He was shot plenty of times during the game but still managed to live but one bullet kills him in the end? This same guy poisons your friend with a mind control drug that induces fear but magically disappears in an ally? Then both antagonist seem hell bent on attaining a powerful artifact that can grip the word in fear thats hidden in a chest but strangely they use this same drug that has the same effect as the artifact that they are searching for...!? Why not just mass produce the drug they were already using if fear was their ultimate goal? I'm also curious as to what their OVERALL plan/goal was...world domination? The ending was anti-climactic and what was the male antagonist relationship to the female antagonist? He took it pretty hard that she died in quick sand even though drake tried to save her! Was she his sister....lover...accountant..lol? Despite these issues the combat really hurts the game as it throws what seems to be an ENDLESS AMOUNT OF ENEMIES at you. Once you finish a wave of enemies you might want to just sit behind cover because atleast twenty more enemies are on the way which isnt bad but the game forces you into cheap deaths every chance it gets with the dreaded heavy/rocket launcher/sniper combo with regular bad guys thats instantly frustrating. 7/10 Expand
  80. Jun 21, 2012
    Drakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system fromDrakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system from uncharted has been removed and was replaced with an inferior one were when you are in cover and take aim it was almost always over the wrong shoulder view. why they just did not add a central gun-scope view i dont know. the new updated fighting system works in places and fails badly in others, (point of fact the final fight can turn into an endless never ending fight .if you do not press the correct buttons so it is not a free fight but a scripted one. i like many others thought this was a glitch but no really its just a bug with a badly thought out ending. the graphics are okay but there are too many indoor areas and not enough jungles or outdoor vistas. even the desert dune fails as you have no idea which direction to go in then when you finally work it out there is nothing in the level you just walk to the next area. the puzzles and level design and jewel collection were all inferior and weaker to the previous games. jewels are much easier to find in uc3. Deceptions saving grace is the once again excellent multi-player and co op modes they are still great and if you loved the multi-player it is still worth picking up. Game of the year version will be available this year with all dlc content included if its at platinum game price its still a bargain. Over-all a dissapointing story for drakes return Expand
  81. Dec 31, 2011
    Uncharted 3 suffers in many ways, but the main reason for this is not, as some may think, it's spectacular predecessor Among Thieves, but rather too little production time. One of the biggest problems of this game is the story, which at first seems even better than the one of the first two entries, but the clumsy inclusion of the cruise ship and the fact that the game ends in veryUncharted 3 suffers in many ways, but the main reason for this is not, as some may think, it's spectacular predecessor Among Thieves, but rather too little production time. One of the biggest problems of this game is the story, which at first seems even better than the one of the first two entries, but the clumsy inclusion of the cruise ship and the fact that the game ends in very anticlimactic way makes the story seem rushed, unfinished and not thought-out. Overall the graphics improved greatly, but backgrounds look poorly animated and sadly, texture popping returned after being nearly absent from Uncharted 2's single player. Something that also bothered me alot about the graphics was the often advertised sand. Because when I first reached chapter 18, I was disappointed to find out that the at first glance spectacular lokking sand wasn't more than a flat texture, only creating the illusion of sand. The level design was yet another thing I was pretty disappointed with, since tracking back the exact same rout as I entered a level wasn't exactly what I expected from linear single player campaign as short as this one. The cinematic moments from the last game were taken several steps further in this one, maybe a few steps too far, instead of having full control as it was in Among Thieves, the player now has hardly any control in those moments and seems to be only pushing Nate forward for the scene to continue.
    The amazing soundtrack , which seems to show us what some scenes maybe should have made us feel, isn't enough to take away the bitter feeling that makes me think what this game could've been with more time.
  82. Feb 22, 2012
    a good game with stunning graphics and great cinematic moments but i think the story let it down! a shame really but UC2 was always a hard act to follow!
  83. Jan 17, 2014
    Suffers in comparison to Uncharted 2, but it's still an incredibly polished game from a developer who never disappoints. The boat sequence especially is one of the most exciting setpieces ever made playable.
  84. Dec 27, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a good game i guess,a nice story and and the online is not bad,but it gets really really really boring sometimes because after you play the game there isn't much things to do in it,of course the online is good but you get tired of it really easely in my opinion,so if you're a guy who like good videogames story's you should buy this game,but if you're not a videogames story fan this is not the game for you ! Expand
  85. Jan 4, 2014
    A solid game but unworthy of the relentless praise which it receives. The aiming/shooting is unresponsive and the patch addressing the aiming issue does little to help in actuality.

Truth be told pretty much everything feels flimsy when it comes to maneuvering Drake. Yes, he can climb any mountain and it's quite entertaining for the first five minutes, but the movement feels really 'cheap' as he practically teleports to each adjacent ledge. The free running doesn't hold a candle to Assassin's Creed.

Uncharted 3 showcases some fantastic set-pieces... Everything besides these carefully orchestrated moments feel like filler. "It's not where you're going, it's how you get there" is a phrase we've all heard many times in it's various incarnations. The problem is how you get from set-piece A to set-piece B is rarely interesting or at all memorable and the hackneyed story certainly does not do the game any favours.

The AI sometimes works brilliantly, and they will flank and pursue you relentlessly. Sadly the enemies will often forget their priorities and get stuck in walls etc etc.

It's a set of great looking locations and carefully painted pictures attached to a rudimentary third person shooter: The gaming equivalent of entertaining but forgettable trash TV.
  86. Oct 19, 2014
    This was not perfect, but it was not bad either. It still had a good story, characters, and action sequences, but never lived up to the 2nd game. The gameplay was a bit annoying especially with the melee. It looked very weird. Uncharted 2s combat was short and sweet with the combat and it looked smooth. U3s melee finishers were very cool to discover but it took way too long to take anThis was not perfect, but it was not bad either. It still had a good story, characters, and action sequences, but never lived up to the 2nd game. The gameplay was a bit annoying especially with the melee. It looked very weird. Uncharted 2s combat was short and sweet with the combat and it looked smooth. U3s melee finishers were very cool to discover but it took way too long to take an enemy down. The final boss was a cool idea but it was ruined with the combat, although I appreciated the few change ups Naughty Dog made when you fought Talbot. So again, not the best game, but certainly not the worst. 7/10 Expand
  87. Nov 5, 2014
    Well... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna beWell... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna be something that it is not. At least not at the inside. From outside it is an impressively looking game with impressive storytelling. But from inside it has rotten game-play which feels mostly awkward, the story itself doesn't worth even mentioning and the places are way too megalomaniac too be really noticeable or interesting. The weapons almost don't matter as the good once don't even last and are usually forced on you. The combat is far from anything interesting as it tells you which button to press and it's repetitive and slow. The enemy AI is abysmal and the "action-sequences" are boring (except one or two short ones). I find myself not caring about the story one bit, as it was if they used a template for every next predictable event. It was all one big cliche. Almost exactly like the game itself is. 5 out of 10 as I barely even enjoyed it. Expand
  88. Jun 19, 2016
    Um ótimo jogo sem dúvida, mas aparentemente ele está condenado a viver na enorme sombra de seu antecessor. Uncharted 3 traz de volta do primeiro jogo da franquia vários erros que haviam sido consertados no segundo título, com por exemplo inimigos que conseguem "ignorar" tiros, sem contar a história medíocre que possui vários pontos sem nexo.
  89. Sep 12, 2016
    increíble el bajón que pega la saga con este juego, incluso el propio juego va de más a menos

bugs, granadas gratis, enemigos suicidas, historia con mil clichés, zonas en las que hay que morir si o si para que al hacer respawn sean abordables, cuerpo a cuerpo copiado nefastamente de los Batman lo peor de todo es que los errores de IA y apuntado/jugabilidad continuaron en los

lo peor de todo es que los errores de IA y apuntado/jugabilidad continuaron en los siguientes juegos de ND
  90. Mar 12, 2012

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]