8.3

1. Nov 2, 2011
    Superb!!! Naughty Dog have done it again. Everything about this game is triple AAA. Everything from the campaign, to the multiplayer, as well as the new coop modes are an absolute blast. This is one of the few games that will really suck you in to it's world and really make you feel like you're part of the adventure. The technical aspects of the game are second to none. The voiceSuperb!!! Naughty Dog have done it again. Everything about this game is triple AAA. Everything from the campaign, to the multiplayer, as well as the new coop modes are an absolute blast. This is one of the few games that will really suck you in to it's world and really make you feel like you're part of the adventure. The technical aspects of the game are second to none. The voice acting, graphics and sound are the best that I have experienced on any console game. Even if you never played any previous installments I highly recommend you pick up this game because the story is so good. This is gaming at it's finest!!! Expand
  2. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is a MUST HAVE for every PS3 user. Awesome graphics, nice characters, cool story and memorable moments. Its hard to beat Uncharted 2, but this game did it. Good job Naughty Dog!!!
  3. Nov 4, 2011
    From moment to moment this game consistently took my breath away with the gorgeous areas, incredible detail, moments that made my jaw drop, and superb storytelling through its characters. I can't wait to play it again... well, once I pry myself away from the multiplayer and the co-op. This is better than Uncharted 2 in nearly every way. Honestly better than Dead Space 2, Portal 2, KillzoneFrom moment to moment this game consistently took my breath away with the gorgeous areas, incredible detail, moments that made my jaw drop, and superb storytelling through its characters. I can't wait to play it again... well, once I pry myself away from the multiplayer and the co-op. This is better than Uncharted 2 in nearly every way. Honestly better than Dead Space 2, Portal 2, Killzone 3 (by miles), LBP2, Dark Souls.... you get the point. Just... wow. Expand
  4. Nov 1, 2011
    THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE? or pretty close to it at least. Uncharted 3 multiplayer is the way multiplayer SHOULD be. Single player is just as fun as watching a classic indiana jones movie, with terrific voice acting, animation, cut-scenes, gameplay, immersion.. basically everything you are looking for in a game is here.
  5. Nov 1, 2011
    The Uncharted franchise continues to outdo itself every 2 years. 2011 is no exception. Quote me on this everyone "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the best single player experience I have ever played." From start to finish, it continues to pull you to the real and the imaginary. The characters feel alive and with you in your living room, colors radiate, fire glows, the water effects areThe Uncharted franchise continues to outdo itself every 2 years. 2011 is no exception. Quote me on this everyone "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is the best single player experience I have ever played." From start to finish, it continues to pull you to the real and the imaginary. The characters feel alive and with you in your living room, colors radiate, fire glows, the water effects are mesmorizing. If one word could sum up what UC3 is, it's breathtaking. Single player is hand's down the best experience I've had in a video game, ever. Though it may be linear, it's what the game is. Multiplayer has more in-depth and gripping value than the previous and still continues to be a modest asset to the game. I give 10/10s to games that are perfect or nearly perfect. This one is one that narrows the line between movie, and game . A deserving 10/10 :) Expand
  6. Nov 3, 2011
    amazing masterpiec piece of game. Best game this year, and a must own for anyone with a playstation 3.
    Th story, gameplay, graphics, voice acting, everything is perfect in this game. Even thought the singleplayer felt a little too short, the multiplayer is also them ost fun you'll have this year.
  7. Mar 16, 2012
    Awesome game.. Better than most movie basedames, my favourite game ever! Dont even watch gameplays, i can tell you its the best game ever, the best adventure gmes this gen, very underrated
  8. Nov 1, 2011
    This is one game that i wont forget...Stunning GRAPHICS...Awsome sound...Gameplay is simply the best
    Multiplayer is away better than Uncharted 2 and the story is ***king amazing!!!

..................................................Simply GOTY 2012...........................................................................................
  9. Nov 1, 2011
    Great game, great graphics, great plot, great gameplay, great characters, great level design, great voice acting, great music score, great developers, great controls, great multiplayer, great co-op, great unlockables, great trophies, great weapons, great meele system, great plot twists, great EVERYTHING!
  10. Nov 1, 2011
    THIS GAME IS AMAZING!! Best graphics in this generations (11/10), sound incredible... its a movie... (10/10), gameplay is great (9,5/10) GAME OF THE YEAR FOR ME.
  11. Nov 1, 2011
    Good good and good this game is a good!A search for the fabled â
  12. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is a perfect example of what third person shooters should be like. The gameplay is extremely smooth, and the transitions from cut scene to gameplay is perfect. The storyline and teamwork/characters is better then Uncharted 1 and 2, which i thought impossible since UC2 was near perfect. The online is probably one of the best online experiences i ever played. The graphics areThis game is a perfect example of what third person shooters should be like. The gameplay is extremely smooth, and the transitions from cut scene to gameplay is perfect. The storyline and teamwork/characters is better then Uncharted 1 and 2, which i thought impossible since UC2 was near perfect. The online is probably one of the best online experiences i ever played. The graphics are easily the best graphics of any console game i ever seen or played, it even beats Uncharted 2 and BFBC2 on the consoles. Easily the GOTY for me. Expand
  13. Nov 2, 2011
    Uncharted 3 has a perfect blend of story, gameplay, graphics, characters, music, voice acting, etc, which is absolutely amazing and had me finishing the game in the same day as I couldn't tear myself away as I just had to know what would happen next!

I highly recommend this game to everybody as this is a brilliant game and deserves to be experienced. :)
  14. Nov 3, 2011
    It is completely illegal to own a Playstation 3 without buying this game. This game will leave you speechless. It is exactly what IGN has defined it: masterpiece.
  15. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is mind-blowing. It comes with a very intense campaign that will take you at the edge of your seats. The multiplayer was phenomenal in it's context. Overall, one of the best games in the PS3 and will be a good contender for game of the year.
  16. TWJ
    Nov 1, 2011
    This is no doubt the best game on the ps3 this year, the multiplayer is spot on and the cinematic set pieces are the BOOB. The won't win overall game of the year, but the PS3 game of the year award is in the bag.
  17. Nov 2, 2011
    Amazing.... Some of the climbing is linear, but AIs are smart, sometimes a little flaws, but using unscripted AIs is a huge achievement, and they're still good at flanking you. This is my pick for GOTY 2011. It might be little less to Uncharted 2, but still blows away all competitors. Story is amazing, Multiplayer is very addictive, and I will wait for Naughty Dog's next series when theAmazing.... Some of the climbing is linear, but AIs are smart, sometimes a little flaws, but using unscripted AIs is a huge achievement, and they're still good at flanking you. This is my pick for GOTY 2011. It might be little less to Uncharted 2, but still blows away all competitors. Story is amazing, Multiplayer is very addictive, and I will wait for Naughty Dog's next series when the next Sony platform. But for now, got my G-MAL(which probably is a variant of a Jewish/Israeli Galil), time to instigate chaos in the multiplayer! MEDAL KICKBACKS!...
    Overall good game........ great graphics, story, acting, characters, and gameplay....
    If anyone reads this, hope I see you on matchmaking!)
  18. Nov 4, 2011
    Uncharted 3: Drake's deception captures the player from the opening scene until the credits roll, moving it through a journey of adventure full of excitement and epic moments, embroidered by a visual and sound impact that crowns the team like Naughty Dog 'only able to enhance the skills of Playstation 3 so as to elect the console that is second to none. If it is true that videogames are aUncharted 3: Drake's deception captures the player from the opening scene until the credits roll, moving it through a journey of adventure full of excitement and epic moments, embroidered by a visual and sound impact that crowns the team like Naughty Dog 'only able to enhance the skills of Playstation 3 so as to elect the console that is second to none. If it is true that videogames are a form of art, Naughty Dog with Uncharted 3 are the ultimate expression, the icon reference. The story does not show smudges resulting clear and charming and engaging for about 12 hours in single-player campaign, snatching a spontaneous round of applause to completion for a worthy end. The multiplayer modes in Co-Operative and Competitive split-screen online too, now revised and enhanced with many different challenges, managing social networks Facebook and an editor of Cinema powerful and versatile complement the best product on the gaming market, as well as the "killer app "SONY. An absolute masterpiece that should not miss in your collection without reservations.
  19. Nov 1, 2011
    Uncharted 3...I will sum this game up in 3 words.
    Uncharted 3...I will sum this game up in 3 words.
    Beautiful, inspired, unmatched. This game takes what we know of cinema/games and merges them into what we should almost call a new genre...Cinegame. There are times when playing this I forgot it was not a cutscene, and therefor payed the price for not playing accordingly. Look, no words will get you to understand what Naughty Dog have done, point is, buy it, period.
  20. Nov 1, 2011
    Beautiful story, excellent and fun multiplayer, great co-op, sounds awesome with a headset and even through TV, looks amazing.... what more would you want in a game?
  21. Nov 7, 2011
    It bests Uncharted 2 and that was the game of the year. It's the most cinematic, immersive, and well paced experience I've ever had. It has the best scripted events I've ever played as well.
  22. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is the PS3 game of the year in my opinion. Not only does it have one of the, if not the best, graphics I've ever seen in PS3 and superb voice acting, sound and music, it also has a great story and gameplay that really supplements those to come to life. Some people complain about gameplay, complaining that the platforming is boring, aiming is awkward, and bad AI. DO NOT LISTEN TOThis game is the PS3 game of the year in my opinion. Not only does it have one of the, if not the best, graphics I've ever seen in PS3 and superb voice acting, sound and music, it also has a great story and gameplay that really supplements those to come to life. Some people complain about gameplay, complaining that the platforming is boring, aiming is awkward, and bad AI. DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM. 1. PLATFORMING IS WHAT DEFINES UNCHARTED SERIES: Yeah, I can get frustrated at times. But never once have I ever thought it was boring and repetitive. Saying platforming in Uncharted series is boring and easy is like saying gliding in the air for Arkham City or walking in FPS games boring and easy. 2. SAYING AIMING IS BAD IS DOWNRIGHT LUDICROUS: What did you honestly expect, FPS? This is as good a third-person shooting I have ever seen in video game from any consoles or PC. If it's too silky for you, you can tone down the sensitivity in the option, no problem. 3. AI IS NOT BAD: There are a very few times that I said, "Wow, I can get away with this?" But I have found no games that are completely free of that question. There were times from UC1 and 2 that I felt pretty frustrated, but it wasn't because of cheapness, but of my own ineptitude. 4. LINEARITY IS HOW UNCHARTED SERIES IS SUPPOSED TO BE: This game is linear, no doubt about that. But I would rather have a story AND gameplay be linear and have fun playing every minute of that, than say, having a Fallout 3-kind of non-linearity. Fallout 3 was a great game, but UC series is obviously different to the very core. Now my own POSITIVE. 1. SEARCHING FOR TREASURE IS A GREAT TIME-SPENDER: I played this game for 5 hours, and I don't think I am a quarter way there, searching for treasure and being mesmerized by in-game environments. There are 101 (including strange relic) that you have to collect, and without guides, you will spend abundance of time happily searching for treasures. 2. AMAZING GRAPHICS, SOUNDS, VOICE ACTING, AND MUSIC: This has always been the biggest strength of Uncharted series, and it actually improves on Uncharted 2, which I didn't believe was possible. 3. GREAT SINGLE PLAYER EXPERIENCE: Heavy on cut-scenes, but really a gaming moment that you will cherish for years. 4. CO-OP MODE: I kinda think this will be ignored from gamers due to the greatness of the single and multi-player modes, but make sure you check it out. 5. GREAT MULTIPLAYER MODE: Some ignorant people who gave out 0 completely neglected to mention the awesome multiplayer mode. Not only are there eye candies like customization, it is...just indescribably great. This simply is the best third-person shooting multiplayer experience out there, and it really got better from UC2 and beta. New perk and point system is great, giving you advantage for playing more, even if you stink. ONE NEGATIVE, there IS an abundance of cut scenes and movie. Although amazing and epic, I wish I could spend a little (actually, I wish it never ended) more time playing this once-in-a-lifetime single-player experience that most would not forget in years. BIG STEP FORWARD, to contrast one particular reviewer, FOR NAUGHTY DOG AND UNCHARTED FRANCHISE. Expand
  23. Nov 1, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is why I play video games...period. Not only are you playing a game that delivers in all aspects (gameplay, graphics, presentation, story), you're HAVING AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE..fundamentally what all of us seek in the realm of gaming. Naughty Dog will most certainly win game of the year with this 3rd instalment as it stays with the same winning formula and ads to it with quirksUncharted 3 is why I play video games...period. Not only are you playing a game that delivers in all aspects (gameplay, graphics, presentation, story), you're HAVING AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE..fundamentally what all of us seek in the realm of gaming. Naughty Dog will most certainly win game of the year with this 3rd instalment as it stays with the same winning formula and ads to it with quirks like expanded melee's and run n' gun. Brilliant campaign & fluid, enhanced multiplayer make this a must own for any PS3 owner. As for the saboteurs rating this game with low scores, I suppose I can understand the envy one may feel not being able to play this masterpiece. Buy this now..yes, right now. Expand
  24. Nov 1, 2011
    Graphics : the best looking game in any console ever , 10:10
    Story : awesome , masterpiece . you cant Expect What will happen in the next chapter and Unpredictable turns , 10:10
    Gameplay : as we know Uncharted 2 has one of the best gameplay , now it just become better and cooler with awesome hand to hand combat , 10:10 Sound : greeeeeeeeat , the soundtraks are just amazing and
    Graphics : the best looking game in any console ever , 10:10
    Sound : greeeeeeeeat , the soundtraks are just amazing and appropriate with the event . 10:10
    If you have a PS3 you should get this game , it's one of the few game that you wont forget just like MGS and if you have **** 360 , huh just rate this game 0.0 . cause this is the only thing you can do ,
  25. Nov 1, 2011
    The game is totally awesome, every aspect in the game is awesome,
    dont belive what haters say here, there is no way this game getting a score below 9.
    dear ps3 owners:
    Buy this amazing game and enjoy it.
  26. Nov 1, 2011
    This is the game that you should not miss if you own PS3. It is simply bigger, better, and deeper than the previous version, and I did not expect that can really happen.
    This is one awesome game that could win another GOTY for 2011.
  27. Nov 1, 2011
    EPIC! AWESOME! CINEMATIC! WOW! MUST HAVE! GOTY! This is what next gen gaming is all about! Roller coaster ride from start to finish! Graphically and gameplay wise nothing comes close!
  28. Nov 1, 2011
    This game is the best so far on PS3, and probaly the Game of The Years of 2011. If you have only a 360, dont stay complaing that Gears of War is better, but you need understand that both games have its qualitys, and you need buy a new console (PS3) to play this game. By Mateus Prado Sousa, Games e Reflexões, Brazil
  29. Nov 1, 2011
    This my personal game of the year. Every aspect of the game is incredible. The multiplayer is much improved from the last game as well. The single player is as always amazing.
  30. Nov 1, 2011
    The Best game I ever played!!! Amazing graphics, great gameplay, epic soundtrack, awesome story, top-notch voice acting, and improved multiplayer. This has to be one of the contenders for game of the year. 10/10
  31. Nov 1, 2011
    Just got it today, haven't been able to put it down for a month since the subway beta, just an all around enjoyable, enjoyable experience. Multiplayer is solid fun, however without some minor flaws (aggrivating sequences where punches wont connect, lag, etc, but nothing i havent seen in an online game before). Single player is astonishing, putting you right into a set in hollywood.Just got it today, haven't been able to put it down for a month since the subway beta, just an all around enjoyable, enjoyable experience. Multiplayer is solid fun, however without some minor flaws (aggrivating sequences where punches wont connect, lag, etc, but nothing i havent seen in an online game before). Single player is astonishing, putting you right into a set in hollywood. Don't overlook this gem if you have a ps3, its well worth the 60 dollars...if you dont have a ps3, well, its worth the bundle too, IMO. Expand
  32. Nov 1, 2011
    .... Wow. Anyone who has a PS3 needs to buy this game now! Seriously, from the beginning to the end, the game is amazing. So many twists, turns, oh man! No words is needed at the moment, seriously, it is that good. Get this game.
  33. Nov 2, 2011
    Still haven't finished it and i am loving every second of it. Beautifully made and I'm hoping I still have a long way to go before I reach the end. But I still know that without a doubt I will play the campaign over and over. The multiplayer is amazing. Every single praise has been won fair and square for this game CONGRATULATIONS NAUGHTY DOG
  34. Nov 1, 2011
    Though there was some points in the story that felt a little strange with the direction NaughtyDog decided to go in, that is no reason not to say that this game is one of the most incredible games ever made! It's safe to say that fans of the first two games will not be disappointed. The Uncharted series continues to be the crown jewel for the PS3. As I said, I thought it was pretty strangeThough there was some points in the story that felt a little strange with the direction NaughtyDog decided to go in, that is no reason not to say that this game is one of the most incredible games ever made! It's safe to say that fans of the first two games will not be disappointed. The Uncharted series continues to be the crown jewel for the PS3. As I said, I thought it was pretty strange with the direction NaughtyDog decided to go for the story at some points in the game. However, the cinematic moments are amazing, the gameplay is great, the multiplayer is just as great as Uncharted 2's if not, better. And the story line was very entertaining none the less. If you haven't figured it out, the Uncharted series is the main reason to have a PS3, in fact, it's why you MUST have a PS3. Gamers who are only all about the Xbox 360, (or even Wii) are really missing out on this incredible series. And like everyone is saying - Uncharted 3 is a great addition to the series. Expand
  35. Nov 1, 2011
    "BlackRabbits" - This guy can barely speak English and the fact that he even compares this masterpiece to a game like COD is a JOKE! First, learn the difference between these two games and then make an inform decision. Don't judge Uncharted just because it doesn't play like your "Favorite shooter". You must also be an XBOX360 owner by the sounds of it, and you're just bitter at the fact"BlackRabbits" - This guy can barely speak English and the fact that he even compares this masterpiece to a game like COD is a JOKE! First, learn the difference between these two games and then make an inform decision. Don't judge Uncharted just because it doesn't play like your "Favorite shooter". You must also be an XBOX360 owner by the sounds of it, and you're just bitter at the fact that you do not own a PS3 system. Kasparov5 - You expected too much from the game. I don't see where or why you decided to give this game a "0" you must really have terrible taste for greatness. Overall, THIS IS SIMPLY A MASTERPIECE! A game that only once in a long while comes along and is this gorgeously entertaining. AMAZING! If I could give it a 16+ I would. Expand
  36. Nov 1, 2011
    Can you define this game in just one word? Yes, the word would be "Subtle". Drake doesn't just move trough the area. No, Drake moves like a person, he grasps the handrail wen running upstairs. He touches the wall wen walking by. Stumbling and sometimes clumsy, just like a normal person does, watching Drake handling things is a pleasure for the eye. ****** This game is an adventure, itCan you define this game in just one word? Yes, the word would be "Subtle". Drake doesn't just move trough the area. No, Drake moves like a person, he grasps the handrail wen running upstairs. He touches the wall wen walking by. Stumbling and sometimes clumsy, just like a normal person does, watching Drake handling things is a pleasure for the eye. ****** This game is an adventure, it gives you a look into the gaming future. And the future looks bride! ****** Expand
  37. Nov 1, 2011
    Uncharted 3 : Story is amazing , Gameplay perfect from London to Sands , Best graphics in this genaration , Multiplayer better than Uncharted 2 with to many new things , Great soundtrack and voices acting , for me Uncharted 3 is game of the year .
  38. hii
    Nov 2, 2011
    AWEOME GAME just tried the multiplayer and my respect for this game has gone even higher :)
    Definitely one of the best game of all time if not the best. I love this game
  39. Nov 1, 2011
    Action packed from beginning to end. The best graphics of any game on any console. Fantastic script, story and voice acting. The tightest and most intuitive controls. Varied and top notch gameplay. Unrivaled multiplayer. What more could you want? If you don't play this game you are doing yourself a huge disservice.
  40. Nov 1, 2011
    WOW! It is as good as people expected. Uncharted 2 was good but this is better. Better to look at. Better puzzles. Better combat. Better multiplayer . The music score is also.....well better. Drake has developed into a truly epic character, deeper and even funnier than before. It's good to see older characters make a return even if it is for just a few token scenes. This game is just plainWOW! It is as good as people expected. Uncharted 2 was good but this is better. Better to look at. Better puzzles. Better combat. Better multiplayer . The music score is also.....well better. Drake has developed into a truly epic character, deeper and even funnier than before. It's good to see older characters make a return even if it is for just a few token scenes. This game is just plain beautiful. Expand
  41. Nov 1, 2011
    I just want to make something clear in the unlikely chance that somebody is ignorant/ stupid enough to believe either of the 0/10 reviews are credible. The first one speaks for itself - this game as got nothing to do with COD, nor does it ever claim to be. Likelihood is it's some joker trying to wind people up. It IS quite funny to be honest. The second review, however, has clearly beenI just want to make something clear in the unlikely chance that somebody is ignorant/ stupid enough to believe either of the 0/10 reviews are credible. The first one speaks for itself - this game as got nothing to do with COD, nor does it ever claim to be. Likelihood is it's some joker trying to wind people up. It IS quite funny to be honest. The second review, however, has clearly been written by some bored "troll" who has nothing better to do. The fact that he/she highlights all the good points of the game, which have clearly been lifted straight from reviews, but gives the game 0/10 on the basis that it is 'linear' shows that not only do they not own the game, but they have never played an Uncharted game in their lives. The fact that they also call it 'basically an interactive movie' also shows that they have no idea what they are talking about. This is NOTHING like Heavy Rain. Fundamentally, all great single player games are pretty much interactive movies when it comes down to it anyway, aren't they?

Perhaps this irked reviewer gave Uncharted: Drake's Deception a 0/10 because they do not own a PS3 and is suffering from a case if sour grapes. Considering this is said to be one of, if not THE greatest games ever made, I do not blame them. But seriously, get a life. My advice is to ask mummy nicely to raise your allowance, save up your pocket money and invest in a PS3 slim. Until then, Batman: Arkham City should be able to satisfy your needs and will also be a better use of your free time.
  42. Nov 1, 2011
    Wow. Just wow. I finished the game 2 days ago and i am still impressed of it. The water, sand, fire and smoke animations are the peak of the mountain. The character animations are incredible. The story itself is as always amazing. It is also witty and clever. It gets never boring and you always feel with drake. Words cant describe the awesomeness of this game. Sure there are people whoWow. Just wow. I finished the game 2 days ago and i am still impressed of it. The water, sand, fire and smoke animations are the peak of the mountain. The character animations are incredible. The story itself is as always amazing. It is also witty and clever. It gets never boring and you always feel with drake. Words cant describe the awesomeness of this game. Sure there are people who doesn't like games which are also like a movie, but I think this is where games are going to be and that is good! Everyone has his own opinion, but giving this game a 0 isn't an opinion. Its ignorance or hate. Expand
  43. Nov 1, 2011
    Ok...this is getting old, it was bad enough 12 year old CoD fanboys were rating BF3 down, now they are rating this game down, and it's not even the same game, BlackRabbits is guilty of this! Anyways, awesome game, great theatrical experience from start to finish. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to get this game.
  44. Nov 1, 2011
    GREATEST GAME EVER MADE. i want to write another review about this game and just say that you owe it to yourself to check this out, im deep into multiplayer now and it actually has gotten better when i didn't think it could. drakes adventure is nothing short of an absolute blast, you can get lost very easily into the humor, the charm and the story. sadly there are trolls on here, they comeGREATEST GAME EVER MADE. i want to write another review about this game and just say that you owe it to yourself to check this out, im deep into multiplayer now and it actually has gotten better when i didn't think it could. drakes adventure is nothing short of an absolute blast, you can get lost very easily into the humor, the charm and the story. sadly there are trolls on here, they come to try to tarnish this amazing game, if one of you is reading this, stop torturing yourself, buy this game! its amazing. Expand
  45. Nov 1, 2011
    is a master piece from the beginning to the end,graphic,story characters,music,all in this game is almost perfect,go and buy it is the best game of this year.
  46. Nov 1, 2011
    I didn't think much of Uncharted 1 but then when Uncharted 2 came out i said 'ill give it a try' and it blew my mind and had me highly anticipated for for Uncharted 3, and from what i played from it so far has me jumping off my coach, it actually nearly as if i was watching a movie, the action is amazing, the voice acting is off the hook, the graphics are even better than the last one...I didn't think much of Uncharted 1 but then when Uncharted 2 came out i said 'ill give it a try' and it blew my mind and had me highly anticipated for for Uncharted 3, and from what i played from it so far has me jumping off my coach, it actually nearly as if i was watching a movie, the action is amazing, the voice acting is off the hook, the graphics are even better than the last one... without saying anymore about the game because i'm afraid to give off spoilers... it is a must buy and i would highly recommend you pick it up on the first day. Expand
  47. Nov 1, 2011
    This game deserves the praise it is getting. IGN, a trusted website, doesn't just give out perfect 10's lightly. You are hooked from beginning to end! A must own.
  48. Nov 5, 2011
    A wild ride, but that's all it is, a ride. Cut scenes interrupt gameplay so frequently that they would have been better off making this a movie, especially as the gameplay isn't much to write home about. The new melee systems' only purpose seems to be to get you shot as you flail away, counter and break holds for what seems like an eternity (at least the old system was quick). The gun playA wild ride, but that's all it is, a ride. Cut scenes interrupt gameplay so frequently that they would have been better off making this a movie, especially as the gameplay isn't much to write home about. The new melee systems' only purpose seems to be to get you shot as you flail away, counter and break holds for what seems like an eternity (at least the old system was quick). The gun play feels the same as it ever did, only enemies seem to have developed an immunity to bullets, showing little to no reaction when hit, and that's not counting the all to frequent 'heavies' that have literally been designed as bullet sinks.

The story starts off well enough, but quickly devolves into the usual race to the lost city, and while there is an attempt to add drama and feeling part way through all that is lost the second Drake picks up a new gun and begins gunning down bad guys and making impossible jumps as if it was just another day at the office. Levels are as linear as ever, which wouldn't be such a bad thing, but you move between locations so frequently that despite the sprawling vistas most levels can't help but feel small and forgettable. Puzzles are also as simple as ever, but unlike in Among Thieves they are at least mercifully quick to solve.

I didn't play the multiplayer (couldn't be bothered putting in the PSN Pass code), but the single player lasted just over 8 hours on hard for a first run, after which I decided to play Drakes Fortune again to see if my memories of it where only rose colored or if they where actually real; they are real. As a big fan of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune I couldn't help but be disappointed with Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and while I feel that Uncharted 3: Drake Deception is better overall than 2, it is also in some ways worse (melee system) and doesn't hold a candle to the original.
  49. Nov 6, 2011
    I'm halfway through UC3 and its hard to see how it'll get any better. There's ropey control systems and now there's Drake's Deception. A new nadir. Combat is painful in the extreme. The least frustrating way to deal with an enemy is to sprint to his position and punch him into submission. Saves the super-fiddley chore of agonisingly trying to twitch your gun sight onto him and fire.I'm halfway through UC3 and its hard to see how it'll get any better. There's ropey control systems and now there's Drake's Deception. A new nadir. Combat is painful in the extreme. The least frustrating way to deal with an enemy is to sprint to his position and punch him into submission. Saves the super-fiddley chore of agonisingly trying to twitch your gun sight onto him and fire. Naughty Dog: learn the difference between millimetres and metres, please.

A recent reviewer here commented that "the 'cinematic gameplay' takes control away from the player and even adds movement to the character that's not coming from player input". There's no better way of putting it. What's the point of buying a game if half the time its playing you, rather than the other way around? Half the time the engine's just timing how quickly you pull down on the joystick before deciding whether to play the 'live' of 'die' cut-scene. The most extraordinary thing is that UC2 (an incredible game) had these issues, but only to a fraction of the same degree. How is it possible they've been amplified rather than further reduced in the upgrade? Rhetorical question: it's been rushed to market of course. You watch the User Metascore plummet as more players start to wake up to this.
  50. Nov 11, 2011
    It really pains me to write this as Uncharted 2 was one of my favourite games of all time but Uncharted 3 is not even close to its equal. Even the original Uncharted happens to be more fun as I had been playing it the week before to prepare for this.

To summarise, nothing in Uncharted 3 is done better than any of the previous game except for the graphics for obvious reasons but graphics do not maketh the game. Possibly the multiplayer too but I don't really care about that. Uncharted for me has always been about cinematic single player. Without having spoilers, the story is worse than both previous Uncharted games as many plot threads remain unresolved and the game ends on one of the biggest anti-climaxes I have ever seen in a game. The main villain managed to be even more boring than Lazarovic which I kinda thought amazing because he was pretty generic. The pacing is worse than both games and it will take nearly a couple of hours before you even get to shoot anything which in a 6.5 hour game (yes, shorter than both previous games) is pretty awful. The shooting appears to have changed for the worse being incredibly laggy and making long distance combat nearly impossible. It's quite nasty having to shoot the armoured guys walking towards you when you have to get numerous headshots to take down one of them and the game won't let you aim properly. Speaking of, the game continuously likes to spam these guys at you as well as guys with sniper rifles or rocket launchers where they were few and far between in the original games to get you to change your strategy a little. The change means that often you deaths are the result of having 3 guys firing rocket launchers right at you the moment you poke your head around a corner.

Melee combat takes far too long to beat people and the game seems to be reluctant to let you get out of melee mode with the result that you quickly get shot dead because you couldn't run away.

It should be mentioned however that the visuals are excellent and the music is very good at getting your heart racing when doing a cinematic move.

Overall I was extremely disappointed with Uncharted 3. My experience was mostly made of cheap deaths and a story that failed to soften the blow. I would have returned it but because of the online pass I wouldn't have been able to get all my money back. Seeing as how the majority of people like it, it may be enjoyed by you but there's the risk you may be disappointed like I was. Buy with caution.
  51. Nov 3, 2011
    Let's get this out of the way first: Graphically UC3 is not what I was expecting. Look closely and you can see that draw distances are actually poor and detail diminishes quickly with distance. The colours are too saturated and, in some cases, I believe this is what leads to the feeling of having stunning graphics. NPCs are really poorly detailed and would be more at home in SIMS 3. OnceLet's get this out of the way first: Graphically UC3 is not what I was expecting. Look closely and you can see that draw distances are actually poor and detail diminishes quickly with distance. The colours are too saturated and, in some cases, I believe this is what leads to the feeling of having stunning graphics. NPCs are really poorly detailed and would be more at home in SIMS 3. Once Drake is standing next to an NPC the difference in the amount of detail between the two really hits home. In narrow areas, and while climbing, the camera struggles to find a suitable angle leading to some awkward up close shots of Drake. Combat is very stiff and similar to that of the previous two iterations, with nothing new at all here. The story itself is heavily cliched and probably the most linear game I've ever played: In some cases, once you've passed a certain point, it's not even possible to go back, so make sure you have all the collectibles before you take your next step. I finished the single campaign in one night with the game set to hard. I'll start again tonight on crushing. Multiplayer's not possible tonight as PSN is down - can you imagine if that had happened on the day after launch of Gears? Anyway, I don't believe this game's here for the multiplayer - there are only two trophies for this. All in all a purely predictable game with graphics that are good but don't aim for realism. Apart from the new (but again, predictable) environments this is Uncharted 2.5 in all but name and not worth the price tag, especially for the collectors edition. Expand
  52. Nov 6, 2011
    I wish I could give this game multiple scores. Why? This game is easily a 10 if your not shooting. The shooting mechanics might have been tolerable in past games, but it's simply bad now. The AI is bad in the shooting situations, both enemy and friendly. The aim assist and sensitivity sucks no matter what your settings. This all makes me very sad because of how good everything else is. TheI wish I could give this game multiple scores. Why? This game is easily a 10 if your not shooting. The shooting mechanics might have been tolerable in past games, but it's simply bad now. The AI is bad in the shooting situations, both enemy and friendly. The aim assist and sensitivity sucks no matter what your settings. This all makes me very sad because of how good everything else is. The graphics, the story, interaction amongst characters during play, puzzles, and graphics. Heck even the melee combat is decent and it'd probably seem better if Batman wasn't so fresh in my mind. But I simply can't get around the fact that a big portion of this game is shooting. Even if you successfully manage to stealth your way through some of the areas there's still plenty of it and its too unbearably bad and frustrating. Expand
  53. Dec 15, 2011
    Ah. Uncharted 3. How do you top Uncharted 2: Among Thieves? Well, you really don't have to with a quality series such as this one. All the key elements are intact. Industry leading visuals, check. Great acting coupled with top shelf animations, check. Complex physics, check. Action packed, cinematic gameplay, check. I won't lie for the sake of my favorite developer. Another Uncharted gameAh. Uncharted 3. How do you top Uncharted 2: Among Thieves? Well, you really don't have to with a quality series such as this one. All the key elements are intact. Industry leading visuals, check. Great acting coupled with top shelf animations, check. Complex physics, check. Action packed, cinematic gameplay, check. I won't lie for the sake of my favorite developer. Another Uncharted game this generation without a noticeable engine upgrade would be a disappointment. That said, UC3 is still an unmatched technical achievement. I'm not sure what it would have taken to turn me off of this game but Naughty Dog is in no danger here. This is a perfect example of how all the pieces can come together to deliver an experience that oozes quality and polish. Personally I would love to see the next UC game take some risks. Maybe even jump genres entirely. As for UC3, it doesn't get any better. Expand
  54. Mar 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. From the start of this game to the end I was amazed by how good the graphics were, it was just visually stunning. Running through the streets of London at the start made me question if I was playing a computer game or watching a film. Some people have said the story was poor and the game short and while the game is perhaps a little short when you compare it to Drake 2, but if you compare it to the first one there is certainly a lot more game play there. The story as well is entertaining and intriguing enough to keep you entertained.
    For me this games let down its is controls, all to often you find drake doing things you didn't want or ask him to do. The hand to hand cant reach the levels Arkham city achieved and the gun play still just some how feels untested.
    However despite these niggles this is still one of the most outstanding games to come out on the PS3, the levels on the boat possibly being the stand out moment of the whole game. If you can get past the control issues it is a pleasure to play it.
  55. Nov 3, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a game crafted by experts and a cinematic experience like no other.It puts most other games(and movies) to shame with its ultra high production values,graphics and dialogue.The gunplay,I must admit, is a little weak at times and the controls can really force a contest of wills between the player and the game itself.Also, UC3 lacks the fantastic beginning of its predecessorUncharted 3 is a game crafted by experts and a cinematic experience like no other.It puts most other games(and movies) to shame with its ultra high production values,graphics and dialogue.The gunplay,I must admit, is a little weak at times and the controls can really force a contest of wills between the player and the game itself.Also, UC3 lacks the fantastic beginning of its predecessor and takes a couple of hours to get going,but when it does it takes you on a hell of a ride.
    I've had a hard time deciding how to score this game,but despite some average gameplay elements,its almost unbelieveably amazing presentation raises it to a 9.Whilst UC3 will certainly get its share of accolades,I can't see it beating Skyrim for the major GOTY awards.
  56. Nov 4, 2011
    It's hard to say this but overall I enjoyed Uncharted 2 more when it came out. The 2nd one was a much larger leap forward from the first Uncharted game. The 3rd one is not as much of a leap forward like the 2nd one was to the 1st one. The story also follows a similar formula like its predecessor. And also the story arc was more epic I thought in Uncharted 2 as well. Don't get me wrong theIt's hard to say this but overall I enjoyed Uncharted 2 more when it came out. The 2nd one was a much larger leap forward from the first Uncharted game. The 3rd one is not as much of a leap forward like the 2nd one was to the 1st one. The story also follows a similar formula like its predecessor. And also the story arc was more epic I thought in Uncharted 2 as well. Don't get me wrong the gameplay, graphics, and music are better in the 3rd one. So to sum it up in an analogy Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 is like going from the first iPhone to the iPhone 4; whereas Uncharted 3 is like upgrading from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S. Scoring wise Uncharted 3 may be the best when it's all said and done, just the leap forward wasn't as major if you know what I mean. And in my opinion nothing tops the train sequence in Uncharted 2. Remember riding and taking out bad guys from the jungle to the snowy mountains in one scene? That's the pinnacle of video gaming right there! But that's not to say other people may have differing opinions on the awesome sequences in the 3rd one. Expand
  57. Nov 5, 2011
    Wicked game! Just got it and had to come on and give my feedback! Buy it, great game. That's all I have to say really its well worth the money and really draws you in. PS3 all the way!
  58. Nov 5, 2011
    What really kills me is the people that gave this game a bad review either weren't very good at the game the 1st time they loaded it up, or they are really deaf mutes that have no sense of what a really good game is. The graphics are out of this world, best on the market as far as consoles go right now. I'm sure that Skyrim is going to change that this Tuesday, but regardless, some of theWhat really kills me is the people that gave this game a bad review either weren't very good at the game the 1st time they loaded it up, or they are really deaf mutes that have no sense of what a really good game is. The graphics are out of this world, best on the market as far as consoles go right now. I'm sure that Skyrim is going to change that this Tuesday, but regardless, some of the absolute best graphics I've ever seen.
    Gameplay: Again, an industry standard, and a trend setter. They've really tweaked what made Uncharted 2 work and that's a beautiful thing. Multiplayer is the best 3rd person deathmatch in video-games, and that includes comparing it to Gears of War. Sorry Gears Fan Boys, but the truth hurts.
    Sound: Again, spot on. If its a stray bullet bouncing off cover or a right hook crunching an opponents jaw, its like your a part of the game.
    BUY THIS GAME. OR BEAT YOUR PLAYSTATION INTO A MILLION PIECES WITH A ESTWING FRAMING HAMMER!
  59. Nov 5, 2011
    This game is better than uncharted 2 in everyway except the shooting.they changed it a bit and made it worse.the mp is awesome.co-op is awesome and story is definatly the just as good as uncharted 2.

I'd give it a 9.5 and im a true fan of the series
  60. Nov 5, 2011
    OK I was in the first place going to give this game a 8-9 score but theres too many people giving it zero which it does NOT deserve.So yea im giving it a 10 to help even it out, Apparently for some people the cut scenes and the occasionally frustrating gun fights can make the game not as fun but seriously? a zero? I dont think any game deserves a zero. Giving that is being just dramaticOK I was in the first place going to give this game a 8-9 score but theres too many people giving it zero which it does NOT deserve.So yea im giving it a 10 to help even it out, Apparently for some people the cut scenes and the occasionally frustrating gun fights can make the game not as fun but seriously? a zero? I dont think any game deserves a zero. Giving that is being just dramatic and overly hateful of a good game and making it look bad when in fact, its a great game by most standards. So aside from that this game is awesome. I'm honestly a little disappointed that it wasn't exciting from start to finish like Uncharted 2 was but its still a great game with top notch graphics, soundtrack, and very good voice acting. It has its funny moments and exciting thrilling scenes you'd picture in a film. Pick this up, You wont regret it Expand
  61. Nov 5, 2011
    Let me start by saying this game is amazing. So much fun. Definitely a must buy for a fan of the series and i'd say for all PS3 owners. 10/10. That said let's get the minor gripes out of the way. I wish there were more puzzles, especially towards the end. The last 3 hours or so you have none. I was waiting for one final big one and it never came. The ones it did have were great but I feltLet me start by saying this game is amazing. So much fun. Definitely a must buy for a fan of the series and i'd say for all PS3 owners. 10/10. That said let's get the minor gripes out of the way. I wish there were more puzzles, especially towards the end. The last 3 hours or so you have none. I was waiting for one final big one and it never came. The ones it did have were great but I felt UC2 had some better ones. Also the end I love and hate. Quite good and not annoying like UC2s but then again there wasn't much play more of a guided movie. That and the occasional stuck in an unfair firefight spot but that happens in lots of games. Other than my nit picks though the levels are incredible, the story is great as always and the graphics deliver in detail and smart design. I won't ruin it but the faces if you have played are my favorite, took a bit of starring to figure them out but once I did I thought now that's awesome! Every part of this game has insane detail and although I hope from here on out they start to open up the climbing and the routes to have a more open approach (even if they take this mechanic to a new series, who knows if this one is done or not) the climbing parts were much more varied and the objects much more natural. A bit of color hints but for the most part you felt like you were climbing on stuff instead of "this yellow ledge". I don't have much more to say without giving spoilers besides buy this game. oh and no worries on multiplayer, it's fantastic too. Opinions can be made in comparison to other shooters and such but this one definitely has it's own flavor and style to make it compete for my online hours. The addition of player customization and emblem creation are huge to me as a professional designer. May not be as big of points for others but I like to make things unique and my own and I love that they added this. Tons of upgrades and unlock and plenty of levels to keep you interested. The levels themselves are varied with their own unique situations I guess I would say which definitely makes you feel like they aren't just another map. Some are better than other of course but that's all opinion. To wrap up overall great game with minor gripes but only because it makes you wanting more. Covers all the essential, great gameplay, great story, great multiplayer. you will play again and again. Expand
  62. Nov 6, 2011
    Amazing Game. Graphics really shows us what a 5 year old console can still produce. Some of the soundtracks in this can is awesome. I finished the game in 7 hours and 20 minutes. The gameplay is incredible, the new melee combat system is 1000 times better than what was there in Uncharted 2. Its said to see so many kids rating this game down just coz "t3h a1m1ng sucks!" comments. Please doAmazing Game. Graphics really shows us what a 5 year old console can still produce. Some of the soundtracks in this can is awesome. I finished the game in 7 hours and 20 minutes. The gameplay is incredible, the new melee combat system is 1000 times better than what was there in Uncharted 2. Its said to see so many kids rating this game down just coz "t3h a1m1ng sucks!" comments. Please do us all a favor and switch on gaming mode on your tv and then stfu. Guys this game is NOT hard! You need to learn that not all games follow cod's run and gun style. In this game, if you THINK, then you will SUCCEED. I think they could have done a better job with the story, I mean it was great and all but, I think Uncharted 2's campaign was SLIGHTLY better than this. Anyway, Uncharted 3 is a fantastic game that manages to keep you on your toes the whole time. Must buy. Expand
  63. Nov 10, 2011
    You won't find a more exhilarating experience on any console than this! Epic action sequences that will have your heart pounding, amazing story, and lovable characters. This beats any big-budget Hollywood action flick out there!
  64. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is like an awesome adventure movie - a true cinematic experience. Nearly perfect (apart from some platforming/AI glitches), it keeps you hooked in to the very end. The blend of shooting, fighting, platforming (a little clumsy at times, but still) and puzzle solving offers an engaging experience for fans of different genres. Too bad they didn't put more multiplayer trophies fromThis game is like an awesome adventure movie - a true cinematic experience. Nearly perfect (apart from some platforming/AI glitches), it keeps you hooked in to the very end. The blend of shooting, fighting, platforming (a little clumsy at times, but still) and puzzle solving offers an engaging experience for fans of different genres. Too bad they didn't put more multiplayer trophies from the beginning (they'll probably make a DLC just like for U2). Expand
  65. Nov 10, 2011
    Great game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  66. Nov 10, 2011
    This game makes Hollywood looks like a you-tube fanmade low budget movies.This game got it all, the graphics are out of this world gameplay very well done and story brilliant that you will never see it coming!!A must own game for every PS3 Owner out there.
  67. Nov 11, 2011
    On paper this is the perfect game. It has amazing graphics, an engrossing storyline and brilliant, likeable characters. However when compared to its predecessors there is something lacking. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it doesn't quite have the same 'wow' factor as the first two in the series. That said I found it to be immensely enjoyable and addictive so I can'tOn paper this is the perfect game. It has amazing graphics, an engrossing storyline and brilliant, likeable characters. However when compared to its predecessors there is something lacking. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but it doesn't quite have the same 'wow' factor as the first two in the series. That said I found it to be immensely enjoyable and addictive so I can't criticise it too harshly! I thought the campaign was a little on the short side which added to my disappointment, but I haven't tried any of the multiplayer options yet. I desperately wanted this to be the 10/10 game I thought it would be, but it wasnâ Expand
  68. Nov 11, 2011
    one of the only reasons i would buy a PS3 would be to play this game. my girlfriend is greedy and only lets me watch her play on her PS3. great game, hands down best PS3 game of the year, game of the year? maybe
  69. Jan 27, 2012
    This is what a blockbuster game is meant to be. Entertaining, action packed, the feel that you are actually in that moment, good story, strong characters and amazing gaming mechanics from graphics to gameplay. Drake's Deception has raised the bar graphically and story wise and it deserves all the praise it gets. With that sad let me explain why the 9 and not a 10. Uncharted has always beenThis is what a blockbuster game is meant to be. Entertaining, action packed, the feel that you are actually in that moment, good story, strong characters and amazing gaming mechanics from graphics to gameplay. Drake's Deception has raised the bar graphically and story wise and it deserves all the praise it gets. With that sad let me explain why the 9 and not a 10. Uncharted has always been known to have a huge supernatural reveal towards the end which I felt made it unique. Yes they had the interesting flame head guys but they were not real. Also I believe the final fight and and the build up to end was a bit rushed and lackluster (with the exception of the destruction no spoiler!) I feel with how amazing each ending every game was this ending felt rushed. Other then that you would be a fool not to buy this game or at least play it. IT IS A MUST!!!!! Expand
  70. May 2, 2013
    Uncharted 3 is absolutely awesome but I don't know if it is better than 2. Thhe gameplay has been refined even more this time resulting in more fluid movement and combat. In addition the action set pieces have been stepped up even more now in the league with God of War. The game's story is great to and a cut above most of the other stuff out there but comparing to U2 even though it triesUncharted 3 is absolutely awesome but I don't know if it is better than 2. Thhe gameplay has been refined even more this time resulting in more fluid movement and combat. In addition the action set pieces have been stepped up even more now in the league with God of War. The game's story is great to and a cut above most of the other stuff out there but comparing to U2 even though it tries something different and does well there are just a few things that aren't explained enough by the end. The multiplayer is great aswell if your interested. Still one of the best games ever!! Expand
  71. Jul 15, 2013
    Let me straight out say that uncharted 3 is better than its very famous predessesor uncharted 2. it took me awhile to realise this because uncharted 2 suprised me so much and I was expecting umcharted 3 to do the same. but uncharted 3 is better, it just didnt shock me as much. everything is improved from the shooting, to climbing, graphics, and even the conversations. the online did shockLet me straight out say that uncharted 3 is better than its very famous predessesor uncharted 2. it took me awhile to realise this because uncharted 2 suprised me so much and I was expecting umcharted 3 to do the same. but uncharted 3 is better, it just didnt shock me as much. everything is improved from the shooting, to climbing, graphics, and even the conversations. the online did shock me though being waaaaay better than u2 online. I recommend u3 to anyone and everyone best game ive played in a while Expand
  72. Nov 10, 2013
    Although the games are not that bad, i think i never gonna be a Uncharted Fan. The Presentation is top, graphics and design are beyond any doubt and the shootings are not that bad either. But there are too long and there are too many in a row, the controls are vague, the story is boring and the gameplay is repetitive. Either you are shooting or climbing.

Blinder
  73. Dec 1, 2013
    When I played Uncharted 2 I thought the game would never be surpassed by any other game, 2010 passed and nothing, Uncharted 2 was still the king, then 2011 came, and that story changed, Uncharted 3 is the best in the series and one of the best games out there, it surpassed Uncharted 2 in every conceivable way, and it's a game that should be played by everyone, everything in it is justWhen I played Uncharted 2 I thought the game would never be surpassed by any other game, 2010 passed and nothing, Uncharted 2 was still the king, then 2011 came, and that story changed, Uncharted 3 is the best in the series and one of the best games out there, it surpassed Uncharted 2 in every conceivable way, and it's a game that should be played by everyone, everything in it is just perfect, you should play it, you wont regret it Expand
  74. Jul 12, 2015
    Okay, I know what you're gonna say: This game sucks compared to Uncharted 2 and the multiplayer is lame!

Well lemme key you in on somethin' here: I've played the multiplayer since the beginning and will still play it till it gets shut down (along wit the Co-Op), the singleplayer is equally as good as the second game. The graphics look a bit like PS4 games (but not quite), the story kept me hooked (unlike Tomb Raider), the third-person shooter elements (popping in and out of cover to shoot my AK) and stealth (puttin' someone in a chokehold), and the game is more complex than Uncharted 2 wit the plane scene. In my opinion, Uncharted 3 is just as good as Uncharted 2, end of story.
  75. Aug 15, 2015
    While not as good as Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, the game is still fantastic. This game does a good job with providing a healthy mixture of parkour and shooting elements. But the best part of the game is the art direction. There are varied, stunning landscapes that really immerse the player. The camera angles are stunning and make it feel like a movie. Truly a great game.
  76. Sep 12, 2015
    Awesome culmination of a very successful series that is sure to come back sometime and I'll play again . One thing I regret it not quite perfect ending to this series . With so many cut scenes throughout the game , I would expect better cinematic endings but that's just my opinion .
  77. Sep 21, 2015
    The king of puzzle games.It's full of action , parkour, puzzles and a great story. The characters are strong and Nate is more badass than ever.The game is more mature, has a lot of weapons. I highly recommend it to everyone
  78. Nov 1, 2015
    Amazing game, this was actually my first uncharted game and first playstation 3 game I owned and played. This game has the best villain but the weakest artifact or mystical amulet, whatever it's called. Also I hate the way they changed close combat, it was perfect in the first one and here it takes you so long to beat anybody it's better to never use combar here. Can't say it's the bestAmazing game, this was actually my first uncharted game and first playstation 3 game I owned and played. This game has the best villain but the weakest artifact or mystical amulet, whatever it's called. Also I hate the way they changed close combat, it was perfect in the first one and here it takes you so long to beat anybody it's better to never use combar here. Can't say it's the best but is still a must buy game. Expand
  79. Nov 17, 2015
    Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune cemented itself as the premier entry to what is now Sony’s flagship series. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improved tremendously over its predecessor with some of the best graphics and story telling to grace a console, winning many awards. Now, we have Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. It’s a solid entry in the series, having many similarities with “Among Thieves”, butUncharted: Drake’s Fortune cemented itself as the premier entry to what is now Sony’s flagship series. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves improved tremendously over its predecessor with some of the best graphics and story telling to grace a console, winning many awards. Now, we have Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception. It’s a solid entry in the series, having many similarities with “Among Thieves”, but bringing enough to the table to stand on its own.

The graphics in Uncharted 3 are absolutely breathtaking. Easily the best on any console to date. The lighting is gorgeous and spot-on. The textures are pitch perfect, whether it’s grains of sand, Drake’s clothing, or shrubbery, it’s all stunning. The game is a sheer pleasure just to look at and drool over. The sound in Uncharted 3 is also a pleasure. The musical score for each area and cut scene document the current situation well, providing good production values to the cinematic experience. Uncharted 3’s voice acting is very well-done, as usual, with all the same voice actors as in previous installments.

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception’s story is great, with well executed cut scenes, and moving along at a steady pace. The writers of Uncharted have really made a unique and attractive experience, with each game remaining the same at the core, with an almost identical premise, but it’s the gameplay that switches things up enough to make it fresh. I feel strongly about the next Uncharted entry though, I believe it will make or break the series, there are some things that just absolutely have to change every now and then. The game’s length is respectable as well. It’s not too short and not too long. All of the DLC being released should feed the appetite of hardcore gamers though. The multiplayer remains one of the Uncharted series’ most attractive offers, as there is never a dull moment while playing online. The gameplay is essentially the same as Uncharted 2, with not a whole lot of change. There are more types of guns and weapons, more diversity, such as horseback riding and a lot more climbing and swinging. The controls can feel clunky at times, and you may make mistakes accidentally that become frustrating, but it’s still solid.

Overall, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is a worthy entry in Sony’s premier series, with many new aspects and elements added to it’s arsenal. The main issue with the game is that many players may feel like they’ve been her before, since it has many similarities to its predecessor, “Among Thieves”, but new story and new gameplay elements should override its faults and deliver an unforgettable experience. The diversity in its gameplay is what makes the game and series stand out, with a lot of shooting, running from disaster, flying planes, riding on boats and horses, and so on. In the end, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception delivers with a top-notch story, stellar gameplay, great voice acting, gorgeous visuals and solid controls, making it a must-own for Playstation 3 owners.
  80. Nov 18, 2015
    Greatness is a word I want to stress regarding this game. Drake's Fortune was great fun, a welcome departure from the end of the world/futuristic shooters predominating at the time. Among Thieves was the ultimate sequel and built wonderfully on all aspects of the first. Drake's Deception, the third entry in the series, is something else altogether. This game sets a new precedent for howGreatness is a word I want to stress regarding this game. Drake's Fortune was great fun, a welcome departure from the end of the world/futuristic shooters predominating at the time. Among Thieves was the ultimate sequel and built wonderfully on all aspects of the first. Drake's Deception, the third entry in the series, is something else altogether. This game sets a new precedent for how inclusive and engaging video games can be. There will be some who won't feel so strongly but most anybody who loved the first two is going to LOVE this. Expand
  81. Dec 15, 2015
    I can't even imagine how many hours the team of naughty dog been doing this game....is absolutely amazing nothing like before in all the gaming industry did this is a non stop action movie game with a huge reply value, you won't be disappointed! If you are hardcore gamer or not is doesn't matter you'll have a lot of fun! Doesn't matter if you played the previous games the story is freshI can't even imagine how many hours the team of naughty dog been doing this game....is absolutely amazing nothing like before in all the gaming industry did this is a non stop action movie game with a huge reply value, you won't be disappointed! If you are hardcore gamer or not is doesn't matter you'll have a lot of fun! Doesn't matter if you played the previous games the story is fresh and new! This game have bugs and some glitches but the game value will be great in the end and you're always want more uncharted! I can't wait play Uncharted 4! Expand
  82. Dec 30, 2015
    Let's do this one thing at a time.First of all,the graphics are outstanding.There's a lot of attention to detail.You can actually see the wrinkles and pores in the faces of the characters,and when you get to the desert level,you'll lose your breath.The desert level also displays how well this game blends the story with the gameplay,but I won't spoil that.The story itself is very good andLet's do this one thing at a time.First of all,the graphics are outstanding.There's a lot of attention to detail.You can actually see the wrinkles and pores in the faces of the characters,and when you get to the desert level,you'll lose your breath.The desert level also displays how well this game blends the story with the gameplay,but I won't spoil that.The story itself is very good and immersive,though a bit too similar to the previous two games.The characters are all memorable and lovable(especially Sully),and there are some absolutely mind-blowing scenes.As for the gameplay:it doesn't do anything new,but it's fun.The shooting is extremely tight and precise,the melee combat is awesome,the climbing feels fluent and immersive,and the puzzles are satisfying.However,I do wanna say at least one bad thing about this game,and that's one of the stages in the later parts of the game.I won't spoil it too much but they introduce a whole new type of an enemy which is beyond cheaply difficult.Good thing that they only appear in one stage,though.In conclusion,if you have a PS3,this is a game you need to check out.
    P.S.:it has multiplayer,and it is awesome.
  83. Jan 10, 2016
    +still features the same great blend of tomb raider style platforming, cover shooting and puzzles
    +unlike the previous two games, the guns feel like they have weight and impact to them
    +great levels and set pieces +wonderful visuals +Nate and Sully bromance -rips off and at some points straight up copies events from the second game -poorly written plot and disappointing villains
    +great levels and set pieces
    +wonderful visuals
    +Nate and Sully bromance
    -rips off and at some points straight up copies events from the second game
    -poorly written plot and disappointing villains
    -terrible final boss
  84. Jan 11, 2016
    The game begins two years after the previous game, Drake and Sully enter a pub in London to make a deal with a man named Talbot. He is looking to buy Nate’s ring belonging to his ancestor Sir Francis Drake. A fight starts after Nate and sully accused Talbot of giving them counterfeit money for the ring. Outside the Pub Nate and Sully are shot by Katherine Marlowe after being subdued byThe game begins two years after the previous game, Drake and Sully enter a pub in London to make a deal with a man named Talbot. He is looking to buy Nate’s ring belonging to his ancestor Sir Francis Drake. A fight starts after Nate and sully accused Talbot of giving them counterfeit money for the ring. Outside the Pub Nate and Sully are shot by Katherine Marlowe after being subdued by Charlie Cutter, Talbot’s cohort.
    A flashback brings back the player 20 years before the pub fight where find a 15 years old Nathan Drake exploring a museum in Cartagena, Colombia in search of Sir Francis Drake’s ring. Nate is caught by Marlowe who is also looking for the ring and she was confronted to Nathan who was able to steal the ring already. Marlowe is threatening Nathan to give her the ring using a gun but a young Sully comes to the rescue and gives Nathan the opportunity to escape. Nate is caught by Marlowe’s henchman on a rooftop, but Sully arrives just in time to rescue Nate from the agents and take the boy on as a protégé.

When the flashback is over, the player returns to present times where we see that the meeting was an elaborate plan set up by Nate and Sully to try and find Marlowe. They followed Marlowe’s car to an underground library where they manage to retrieve T.E. Lawrence’s note book and a Map showing Francis secret travels to Arabia where he was asked by Queen Elizabeth to search for the lost city of Ubar.

Gameplay

In the game the player controls Nathan Drake, the animation of Nathan is very well done since he can react to a number of different circumstances according to his surroundings and is able to walk, run, jump, sprint, climb and can scale narrow ledges as well as perform acrobatics actions. Drake has the ability to uses every weapons in the game but he can only carry two fire-arms, one single handed, one two handed and 4 grenades. Drake can cover behind wall and use his aimed or blind-fire to kill enemies near him. Sneaking is also part of the game, sometimes the player has the opportunity the take out his opponent without alerting them and kill them with one blow. Some areas of the game will require the player to solve puzzles with the use of drake’s journal, which will provide clues but no answers to help solve them.

There is also a multiplayer mode in Uncharted 3 similar to the second game which includes s competitive and a cooperative play mode.

Conclusion

I have to say I am not surprised of the goodness of this game, I played the second one and I just loved it. This game has it all, puzzle, gunfights, adventure, good story, good graphics, good gameplay, I could go on but the list would take a few pages. This game is a GameXplicit must have, well done Naughty Dog!

Written by Mikael Dahan
  85. Jan 22, 2016
    Uncharted 3 review
    Graphics
    -the best graphics even up to now -looks more like a movie -some graphical glitiches 9/10 Gameplay -epic micheal bay style explosions -the shootings not the best but is still gud -hollywood style moments like when that airplane crashed or that sinking ship -climbing is boring, but shooting and climbing, thats awesome 8/10 Soundtrack -looks like it
    Uncharted 3 review
    Graphics
    -the best graphics even up to now
    -looks more like a movie
    -some graphical glitiches
    Gameplay
    -epic micheal bay style explosions
    -the shootings not the best but is still gud
    -hollywood style moments like when that airplane crashed or that sinking ship
    -climbing is boring, but shooting and climbing, thats awesome

Soundtrack
    -looks like it came out of a triple A hollywood movie

Length
    -not that long, which is bad. Only 10hours
    7.4/10

Overall
    8.5/10
  86. Feb 2, 2016
    Mindblowing visuals. I cannot believe how crazy some of the locations are, and you won't either. Sadly, the story feels rushed towards the end, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the story in a whole. Uncharted 3 adds great lore and backstory to Nathan's early years, and that is done masterfully.
  87. Feb 21, 2016
    Another masterpiece from Naughty dog the game is just wonderful characters you know and love are back and you get to know Nathan Drake better which is great those type of games define the meaning of "game"
    and "experience" hats off to Naughty dog for creating story telling at it's best.
  88. Apr 12, 2016
    Un grandísmo juego aunque un poco menos intenso que el anterior, estaba muy dificil superarlo y este no lo consigue, aunque sigue siendo una obra maestra que a los fan de la saga les encantará
  89. Apr 14, 2016
    Это та игра ради которой можно купить консоль, в ней прекрасно ВСЁ! Жаль конечно что она немного короче 2й части, но это не делает ее хуже)
  90. May 5, 2016
    Once again, Nuaghty Dog has given us a definitive adventure with Uncharted 3. All the positives from the previous games return here (intriguing story, great characters and amazing cinematic moments) but one thing that caught my eye is the improved shooting mechanics. It felt way more focused and it was much easier to get headshots and kill guys. Uncharted 3 is another incredible cinematicOnce again, Nuaghty Dog has given us a definitive adventure with Uncharted 3. All the positives from the previous games return here (intriguing story, great characters and amazing cinematic moments) but one thing that caught my eye is the improved shooting mechanics. It felt way more focused and it was much easier to get headshots and kill guys. Uncharted 3 is another incredible cinematic adventure that everyone should play. Expand
  91. Nov 4, 2011
    GAME OF THE YEAR! Id say this is one of the best games iv ever played! naughty dog have done a brilliant job :) 10/10 for me!
  92. Nov 4, 2011
    One of the best games this generation. Everything from awesome action set pieces, amazing graphics, great gameplay, fun multiplayer, and funny and adventerous story. All of those things make up a quality game like this. The negative points was I felt Uncharted 2 was a little bit better than Uncharted 3.
  93. Nov 5, 2011
    This is a great game that should be experienced by all. The addictive story and gameplay make it almost impossible to put down. Even when you get done with the epic story, the multiplayer is a blast. You won't be disappointed.
  94. Nov 5, 2011
    Another Uncharted? Sure! I thought the game was great. I loved the story and gameplay (although it isnâ
  95. Nov 6, 2011
    The main reason why I bought this game at first place was because my cousin urge me too and I have no game to buy for my PS3 in a long time so I gave it a try, color me surprise it's actually a good one. It's not a perfect game due to the lack of actually having a good plot for the 3rd chapter in the series because it felt loose and never gave a satisfying conclusion. I was wondering how IThe main reason why I bought this game at first place was because my cousin urge me too and I have no game to buy for my PS3 in a long time so I gave it a try, color me surprise it's actually a good one. It's not a perfect game due to the lack of actually having a good plot for the 3rd chapter in the series because it felt loose and never gave a satisfying conclusion. I was wondering how I could finish this game if the starting is already wearing me down but lucky for me I finished all 22 chapters and I will say it's one the best PS3 gaming experience I'll ever have (although the game is just way too short for my liking), yes the aiming is at times frustrating but it was never bad enough to discourage for enjoying the game... while I do think the game holds many flaws but minor ones, now I'll await a good multi-player from my cousin XD. Expand
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    Definitely not a 10 out of 10 game, but wow! The visuals and set pieces are amazing, along with the voice acting, and I felt that the story was much better in this 3rd installment of the game, however this does not all come without it's faults. Uncharted's greatest weakness is it's gunfights, they are incredibly predictable, drawn out and tiresome. You are constantly put up againstDefinitely not a 10 out of 10 game, but wow! The visuals and set pieces are amazing, along with the voice acting, and I felt that the story was much better in this 3rd installment of the game, however this does not all come without it's faults. Uncharted's greatest weakness is it's gunfights, they are incredibly predictable, drawn out and tiresome. You are constantly put up against ridiculous odds, and repetitive enemies. You will die in this game, a lot. However this was the only fault that I could find in the game, the hand-to-hand combat has been vastly improved. I still regard Uncharted 2 to be the best in the series, it has more locales and far more epic set pieces, it was also a longer game 11 Hrs vs. Uncharted 3's 8Hrs Expand
  97. Nov 8, 2011
    It's amazing how they created another masterpiece in the Uncharted universe. The single player is engaging, exciting and never show any dull moment. You'l have one hell of an adrenaline-rush when you finaly reach the last level, so that'll you'll be begging for more! ... The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, so you'll definitely come back for more! ... One thing though,... sometimes you'llIt's amazing how they created another masterpiece in the Uncharted universe. The single player is engaging, exciting and never show any dull moment. You'l have one hell of an adrenaline-rush when you finaly reach the last level, so that'll you'll be begging for more! ... The multiplayer is fun and rewarding, so you'll definitely come back for more! ... One thing though,... sometimes you'll want to take cover but the game will put you on the opposite wall instead, meaning your demise. It can give you a moment of pain, but that'll soon be over with the game's regular checkpoints. ... In the end, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is awesome. It's a ride you'll want to take. Expand
  98. Nov 8, 2011
    It won't blow you away as much as Uncharted 2 did, but it will still blow you away. Naughty Dog shows again how the Uncharted franchise is the jack of all trades, with phenomenal set-piece moments, gameplay, graphics, audio, characters and so much more. The writing is clever and humorous while still presenting realistic human interactions. The environments will astound you with theirIt won't blow you away as much as Uncharted 2 did, but it will still blow you away. Naughty Dog shows again how the Uncharted franchise is the jack of all trades, with phenomenal set-piece moments, gameplay, graphics, audio, characters and so much more. The writing is clever and humorous while still presenting realistic human interactions. The environments will astound you with their beauty, with the only graphical flaws being the awful shadows (relative to PC graphics). Facial animations not only look beautiful, but convince you that the characters are real human beings. The gameplay this time around has a more weighty feel to it and Drake is a bit more unwieldy to control. Whether or not you like this change is up to you, as I personally feel like Drake is more human and adds a bit of welcome challenge to the game. If you have ever played Killzone 2 and 3, imagine that in reverse as Killzone 3 removed the gravity effect but Uncharted 3 adds it. Otherwise, everything else about this game is impeccable. If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to purchase this game as soon as possible. Expand
  99. Nov 9, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Uncharted 3 is an amazing game but i will agree with a lot of others that it isn't what Uncharted 2 was. Uncharted 3 has great game play and a great cast of characters and i loved seeing Sully in this one from start to finish but sometimes with great characters doesn't come the greatest story. The story was really impressive through most of the game but one thing that irritates me is there were stuff in the story that were not explained in previous/current game(s). Like Elena and Drake with the ring, i know to some its small but when i'm a huge fan of the series i want all the details in the game or experience them within the game. Other than that i loved this game and i hope Naughty Dog can bring us another great game soon. Expand
  100. Nov 10, 2011
    This game is my favorite since 2009's Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is beyond amazing and deserves the purchase. The reason why I give it a 9 is because the graphics just didn't really shock me like Uncharted 2 was, and the story just wasn't as good in my opinion. I mean don't get me wrong, the story was amazing! but the characters seem more developed in Uncharted 2. The game is short too, thatThis game is my favorite since 2009's Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is beyond amazing and deserves the purchase. The reason why I give it a 9 is because the graphics just didn't really shock me like Uncharted 2 was, and the story just wasn't as good in my opinion. I mean don't get me wrong, the story was amazing! but the characters seem more developed in Uncharted 2. The game is short too, that is also another reason why I drop the rating. In the end, if you don't have this game, I don't know what you're doing here. Go out and buy this game! it is a must buy for any PS3 owner! Expand
  101. Nov 1, 2011

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]