8.3

1. Aug 2, 2013
    The is in my opinion the best Uncharted yet. From a technical perspective this game is near-flawless. These are some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and the facial and character animations are so lifelike that at times it looks like you're controlling a real-life person. The game still features the same awesome voice actors and the soundtrack is as always fantastic. The story mode isThe is in my opinion the best Uncharted yet. From a technical perspective this game is near-flawless. These are some of the best graphics I've ever seen, and the facial and character animations are so lifelike that at times it looks like you're controlling a real-life person. The game still features the same awesome voice actors and the soundtrack is as always fantastic. The story mode is the best yet, with an emotional story focusing on Drake and Sully's bond and a look into Drake's past. It also features some of the series most memorable set pieces. The gameplay is still awkward at times, with gunplay feeling stiffer than in previous entries, but everything still feels smooth enough to keep you glued to your controller. Melee combat has taken some great steps forward, featuring environmental takedowns and a handy counter-attack system that allows you to juggle multiple goes with ease. Platforming is still fun and is occasionally smoothly tied into a combat encounter. So the campaign is the best this series has offered yet, the multiplayer takes somewhat of a step back. There's nothing wrong with the multiplayer, it's still a perfectly great time, it's just not as much fun as in Uncharted 2. The stiffer aim is a hindrance to the multiplayer, but never stops it from being an addictive experience. With a great selection of maps as well as a fantastic selection of competitive and co-operative modes Uncharted 3's multiplayer will keep you hooked for countless hours. Drake's Deception is an amazing experience. From the campaign to the multiplayer (both competitive and co-op), Uncharted 3 manages to be a non-stop fun time. It's not only one of the best PS3 games of all time, but it's also just one of the best games of all time. If you haven't played this game yet you're missing out on one of the best video game experiences around. So take my advice and pick up a copy of this game ASAP, you wont regret it. Expand
  2. May 26, 2012
    The Uncharted series has always proved that shooters don't always have to be about shooting. This game is full of strategy and the visuals are among the most stunning of any game ever.
  3. Nov 18, 2015
    Greatness is a word I want to stress regarding this game. Drake's Fortune was great fun, a welcome departure from the end of the world/futuristic shooters predominating at the time. Among Thieves was the ultimate sequel and built wonderfully on all aspects of the first. Drake's Deception, the third entry in the series, is something else altogether. This game sets a new precedent for howGreatness is a word I want to stress regarding this game. Drake's Fortune was great fun, a welcome departure from the end of the world/futuristic shooters predominating at the time. Among Thieves was the ultimate sequel and built wonderfully on all aspects of the first. Drake's Deception, the third entry in the series, is something else altogether. This game sets a new precedent for how inclusive and engaging video games can be. There will be some who won't feel so strongly but most anybody who loved the first two is going to LOVE this. Expand
  4. May 27, 2012
    I didn't think the game could get better than uncharted 2, but it did.
  5. Aug 28, 2012
    I really like the uncharted series but held off on this one because i heard mixed reviews from friends about the game . well i have to say after playing it for myself i think its another great entry into the uncharted franchise . getting the negitive stuff out of the way quikly . the story isn't as strong as U2's and the villian some have told me was better the U2's main boss was just BS.I really like the uncharted series but held off on this one because i heard mixed reviews from friends about the game . well i have to say after playing it for myself i think its another great entry into the uncharted franchise . getting the negitive stuff out of the way quikly . the story isn't as strong as U2's and the villian some have told me was better the U2's main boss was just BS. U2's main Boss was vastily better done . also the supporting characters outside of sully just felt tossed in . That being said every thing els about the game was well done it feels like the Uncharted we know and love . there are new guns lots of fun intense sceanes that get your blood pumping and bring that movie feel in (though again not as strong as U2) . The online also has been improved and is now alot faster to get into a match unlike U2 was . All in all U3 is a great game that every uncharted fan should have and makes me kick myself for waiting as long as i did for getting it . Expand
  6. Jun 19, 2016
    This is amazing game with best storyline in Uncharted Series (even better than in Uncharted 2 Among Thieves, Uncharted Series replaced Sly Series and modification on Tomb Raider Series . I think Uncharted 3 best game in series, even better than Golden Abyss, Among Thieves and Thief's End and graphics in this game is wonderful too and this is one of the best Playstation 3 exclusive andThis is amazing game with best storyline in Uncharted Series (even better than in Uncharted 2 Among Thieves, Uncharted Series replaced Sly Series and modification on Tomb Raider Series . I think Uncharted 3 best game in series, even better than Golden Abyss, Among Thieves and Thief's End and graphics in this game is wonderful too and this is one of the best Playstation 3 exclusive and action uncharted 4 is after few years after Uncharted 3 action . Uncharted 3 is good exclusive . Expand
  7. Jun 30, 2014
    This was my first PS3 game and seriously, I don't know what to say. Those graphics are... just perfect! The story is fascinating, the characters are awesome and it's one of the greatest games I ever played. When I played for the first time, I was excited.
  8. Nov 6, 2011
    One of the best video games ever made. That pretty much sums this up. Uncharted 2 we pure greatness, with Uncharted 3 the developers perfected the formula that made Uncharted 2 so good. There is never a dull moment here, the game flows perfectly from start to finish. Graphics, Sound and the Multiplayer are all top notch and round up this game to be the masterpiece it is.
  9. Mar 27, 2015
    Naughty Dog owned last gen with all 3 Uncharted games and The Last of Us. The gameplay is perfect, the story is as good as Indiana Jones, and it is just the right blend of gunplay, puzzles, exploration, and cinematics. I would NEVER get tired of Naughty Dog doing action-adventure.
  10. Mar 12, 2013
    "Uncharted" is the best game franchise and this one proves it! The multiplayer is so huge and the single-player is just superb!With amazing graphics Drake's Deception easily gets my full 10/10!
  11. Jul 20, 2016
    An amazing continuation of the Nathan Drake series. While it does not quite live up to the polish of Among Thieves, it is still undeniably awesome. Great graphics, a great story, amazing set pieces, and fun gameplay make this a must have.
  12. Feb 27, 2015
    The best chapter in Uncharted trilogy. Naughty Dog learned from their previous mistakes and created their most mature game yet. No more neverending waves of enemies in repetitive shooting sequences as in U1. No more annoying cliche boss fights as in U2. No more crazy monsters, but rather believable setting with a strong dose of mystique and atmosphere. More focus on the story, characters,The best chapter in Uncharted trilogy. Naughty Dog learned from their previous mistakes and created their most mature game yet. No more neverending waves of enemies in repetitive shooting sequences as in U1. No more annoying cliche boss fights as in U2. No more crazy monsters, but rather believable setting with a strong dose of mystique and atmosphere. More focus on the story, characters, Drake's past, exploration levels. Visually it's the best from the three and it has amazing middle-east inspired soundtrack. This is by far the best Uncharted game yet, so I hope this progression is going to continue and I'm starting to look forward to Uncharted 4. 8/10 Expand
  13. May 8, 2015
    While I felt less frustrated than in the previous Uncharteds, this third game also reminded me that I never really had huge fun with the series. The core elements are lifted from classic games, but it's not as fast and responsive as those games, and often the player is led through the game whereas some of the best games let the player be an agent who figures things out.

Every Uncharted

Every Uncharted game has a few impressive levels, or setpieces. In '2', there was the jungle train level and the temple levels. In '3', there's a spectacular plane scene, a ship that is utilized creatively and almost worth playing the game just to see, and a final setting that looks like a next-gen animated painting.

But it's still molded into a linear route where the player never takes the game's decisions and the intensity is kept moderate.

I think the online cooperative mode is more entertaining, since you know the other person relies on your performance and it can get pretty hectic. The competitive multiplayer modes are dominated by very experienced players, but nonetheless they can deliver hours of gameplay, with a dozen maps and a lot of multiplayer trophies to work towards.

(The online game requires a code, so those who buy secondhand would have to buy a code in order to play online, and online feels like the second half of the game.)
  14. Dec 13, 2013
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a blast of fun. The story is immersive, gameplay fast and exhilarating, and the multiplayer is rewarding in the long run. A must have for Playstation 3 owners.
  15. Feb 3, 2016
    Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception is a painfully average game, which i really didn't want to have to tell you that, i wanted to tell you how legendary Drakes last outing on the PS3 was before he moved on to the PS4 for A Thief's End. Drakes Deceptions campaign is a carbon copy of Among Thieves story wise. There is no threatening villain, the gun play is boring, and the final boss is laughablyUncharted 3: Drakes Deception is a painfully average game, which i really didn't want to have to tell you that, i wanted to tell you how legendary Drakes last outing on the PS3 was before he moved on to the PS4 for A Thief's End. Drakes Deceptions campaign is a carbon copy of Among Thieves story wise. There is no threatening villain, the gun play is boring, and the final boss is laughably lackluster. The main reason Drakes Deception was such a flop is that Naughty Dog made the set pieces and levels, THEN tried to tailor the story around them, which was a terrible idea. Don't buy this game, buy Last Of Us, or Uncharted 2, or MGS4, but don't buy this. Expand
  16. Aug 16, 2016
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception is a action-adventure third-person shooter platform video game developed by Naughty Dog, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment.

+ Nathan Drake and Victor Sullivan Story
    + Young Nathan Drake
    + Awesome Gameplay
    + Great Story
    + Great Voice Acting
    + Puzzles
    + Fun Characters
  17. Nov 7, 2011
    This game is amazing! Technically and artiscally the graphics are Great!! The story/pace of the game makes you play more and more! I have been taking breaks from the game becasue I dont want the game to end, its that good! The more I play it, the more shocked I get in how epic it is! from the rough seas, to the desert crash! Just an amazing experience! without a doubt this is a alot betterThis game is amazing! Technically and artiscally the graphics are Great!! The story/pace of the game makes you play more and more! I have been taking breaks from the game becasue I dont want the game to end, its that good! The more I play it, the more shocked I get in how epic it is! from the rough seas, to the desert crash! Just an amazing experience! without a doubt this is a alot better then uncharted 2! The music and sound effects are top notch as well... You must play this game! The action is non stop and the most suprising thing is, the action doesnt get boring! 10 out 10!!! Expand
  18. Nov 28, 2011
    Uncharted 3 had some adventurous fun and I recommend for a rental over the weekend but there is not a lot of depth to the game play, story or campaign to recommend as a purchase. The story is predictably cut and paste from The last crusade, there's some charm and is descent enough to watch, however there isn't much character development and is kinda forgettable and lacks surprises. TheUncharted 3 had some adventurous fun and I recommend for a rental over the weekend but there is not a lot of depth to the game play, story or campaign to recommend as a purchase. The story is predictably cut and paste from The last crusade, there's some charm and is descent enough to watch, however there isn't much character development and is kinda forgettable and lacks surprises. The environment graphics look very nice, the character models do the job at a distance but look strange and jarring at close range in the cut scenes - the character eyes look weird. Uncharted 3 was ok Expand
  19. Nov 23, 2013
    besides of not being as good as the second uncharted this game is incredible,it's one of the best exclusives games launched for playstation 3 and for the 7th generation.
  20. Dec 3, 2011
    No, this is not the greatest game ever made. No, this is not the best Uncharted ever made. It is a fabulous game, with lots of production values, great story, gameplay and a cast of characters we've learned to love. But, in my honest opinion, Naughty Dog has not improved with Uncharted 3. For me, Uncharted 2 started with a much more of a bang, which made it IMPOSSIBLE to put it down. INo, this is not the greatest game ever made. No, this is not the best Uncharted ever made. It is a fabulous game, with lots of production values, great story, gameplay and a cast of characters we've learned to love. But, in my honest opinion, Naughty Dog has not improved with Uncharted 3. For me, Uncharted 2 started with a much more of a bang, which made it IMPOSSIBLE to put it down. I feel like U3 walks under the shadow of U2 with occasional moments of brilliance. Sometimes it's pure genius. Other times it looks lazy and uninspired. What's with the clone-thugs? It's impossible to be indifferent to 100 guys in a black suit and red tie (with almost the same faces). The game is beautiful, yes, and plays beautifuly too. But... they stepped so much further between U1 and U2 that's impossible to ignore that U3 doesn't look as inspired. It's like they started running out of ideas, I don't know. This is a great game, but it feels sub-par for the Uncharted franchise. Great, indeed, but not the greatest game, nor the best Uncharted. U2 remains the best thriller so far. Expand
  21. May 5, 2016
    Once again, Nuaghty Dog has given us a definitive adventure with Uncharted 3. All the positives from the previous games return here (intriguing story, great characters and amazing cinematic moments) but one thing that caught my eye is the improved shooting mechanics. It felt way more focused and it was much easier to get headshots and kill guys. Uncharted 3 is another incredible cinematicOnce again, Nuaghty Dog has given us a definitive adventure with Uncharted 3. All the positives from the previous games return here (intriguing story, great characters and amazing cinematic moments) but one thing that caught my eye is the improved shooting mechanics. It felt way more focused and it was much easier to get headshots and kill guys. Uncharted 3 is another incredible cinematic adventure that everyone should play. Expand
  22. Nov 3, 2014
    La tercera parte de esta excelente trilogía no defrauda. Igual de bueno que el 2 pero, por algunos motivos, un poco inferior: han hecho la campaña bastante mas fácil, el duelo final es un poco decepcionante y el multijugador es demasiado complicado comparado con el del 2, que era mucho mas sencillo y fácil de jugar.
    Por lo demás, otro imprescindible, por ofrecer una de las campañas mas
    Por lo demás, otro imprescindible, por ofrecer una de las campañas mas impresionantes a nivel técnico que se hayan visto en un juego (algunas escenas, como la del final del capítulo 17, son una pasada). Parece una película por momentos, es realmente impresionante. A nivel gráfico es de lo mejor que hay en PS3. Los personajes siguen tan geniales como siempre y el sistema de juego se ha mejorado, con unas peleas más dinámicas y unos tiroteos más divertidos.
    Ya estoy deseando ver Uncharted 4...
  23. Nov 10, 2013
    Although the games are not that bad, i think i never gonna be a Uncharted Fan. The Presentation is top, graphics and design are beyond any doubt and the shootings are not that bad either. But there are too long and there are too many in a row, the controls are vague, the story is boring and the gameplay is repetitive. Either you are shooting or climbing.

Blinder
  24. Jun 15, 2013
    another amazing game to the franchise uncharted 3 takes the lead with better graphics and great story like the second one one of the greatest games on PS3 if not the best
  25. Jun 16, 2016
    Ok...this is getting old, it was bad enough 12 year old CoD fanboys were rating BF3 down, now they are rating this game down, and it's not even the same game, BlackRabbits is guilty of this! Anyways, awesome game, great theatrical experience from start to finish. If you own a PS3, you owe it to yourself to get this game.
  26. Apr 22, 2013
    A prime, worthy follow up to Uncharted 2. God damn, this is a good game. Everything that could have gone right has gone right in his game. The story is compelling as phuck, the gameplay is well-improved and these characters are going to stay implanted in my memory until I am on my deathbed.
  27. Nov 10, 2011
    Just when you thought things couldn't get any better out comes Uncharted 3 and delivers another ground-breaking epic masterpiece! Nobody was quite prepared for the impact Uncharted 2 provided it was gorgeous, gong-grabbing, jaw-dropping, exceeded your wildest expectations and was a defining moment for the PS3 delivering one of the best games off all time. An easy task for Naughty Dog thenJust when you thought things couldn't get any better out comes Uncharted 3 and delivers another ground-breaking epic masterpiece! Nobody was quite prepared for the impact Uncharted 2 provided it was gorgeous, gong-grabbing, jaw-dropping, exceeded your wildest expectations and was a defining moment for the PS3 delivering one of the best games off all time. An easy task for Naughty Dog then right? Well apparently so. They haven't only thrived under the pressure and expectations they have taken them head-on and simply propelled the Uncharted franchise to an almighty new height! The story this time see's Nathan Drake and mentor Victor Sullivan on a quest round the world to find the legendary lost city; The Iram of Pillars however he's not the only one as a fresh villain in the face of Katherine Marlow is also searching for the Ubar. Gameplay is something that is naturally amazing in Uncharted, it has been since the orignal and with minor tweaks adjusted the third installment once again is ever dependable and as solid and tight as ever. The melee/combat system has been improved upon, you can now fight two enemies at a time rather just the one which when pulled off is rather awesome also there's sweet moments when you not only knock a guy out you also disarm him and take his weapon in the process. The shooting system has been slightly altered as you now have to be more procise when in a firefight. As always for UC each level will find you journeying from A-B and in the process you might find a familiar pattern occuring in the face of collapsing structures it doesn't give the jaw-dropping effect like it did in UC2 although at certain points you will go wow (naturally!) but it still leaves you in awe time and time again. The one area where UC truely set's itself apart is in it's set-pieces and graphics. Again there are several landmarks and locations around the world were Nate and Sully travel to. They are just remarkable and quite frankly make you feel as though you are playing a movie rather than a videogame they just continue to deliver the most exceptional and beautiful designs ever. 3 levels really blow my mind, they provided epic moments show you exactly what the PS3 is all about. Shooting your way through a burning chateau in France whilst trying to escape was inpsiring and I was in constant admiration of my surroundings, in another part you have to escape a sinking ship whilst the water encapsulates all around you at times - sensational! Then there's also the phenominal plane set-piece, where after managing to sneak on board in mid air the plane starts to fall apart and you have to survive whilst it turns and twists and blows you all over the place, its simply epic gaming of the highest quality, period! Visually as i've said its on another level, some hollywood blockbuster movies struggle to look this good and UC3 would certainly not look out of place on the big screen, it's undeniably stunning and is even better, it never fails to amaze! Credit also must go to the voice acting as it is once again of the highest standard, they deliver another great performance and they also would fit in either on a tv show or a movie as the script is awesome but the interaction between the characters always amuses you. As for multiplayer well Naughty Dog have enhanced everything else and they once more deliver a stellar online experience. The Beta had me excited but the finished product is fantastic and fun regardless what you decide to do. It has so much on offer and you fail to tire of the online battle as with weapon upgrades as well as character customization. Also there's a co-op both online and offline which is a grand feature. They provide story missions such as finding artifacts and they also provide arena modes such as surviving enemy waves and finding treasure, it's tremendously enjoyable fun that always has you coming back for more and more. Taking Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception as a whole package I have to admit any doubts I had about Naughty Dog's ability to improve there epic franchise are a distant memory. Uncharted is a tour de force that grabs you and never lets you go. It's engrossing, entertaining and immersive and beautifully crafted. Make no mistake Uncharted is one of the finest, most stunning games ever to grace a console. The single player experience is epic and provides you with moments that only Uncharted can because anything else pails in comparison to top it off the Multiplayer is heavily improved and now offers you so much more gametime and above all gives you bags of fun for hours on end. The icing on the top is that it looks like a blockbuster movie, simple as that it gets beautiful and better with each outing. How Naughty Dog top Uncharted 3 is beyond me but I think it's safe to say the franchise is in extremely safe hands and they will somehow find a way to blow us again in two years time. All thats left to say is you have to experience what is another epic masterpiece! Expand
  28. Jan 2, 2014
    this game won me over after playing it for the second time. the first time I thought it was ok, but for some reason I enjoyed it alot more my second time through. They threw a little bit of everything in terms of gameplay like puzzles, shooting, melee, sniping,treasures, etc. There were also a lot of epic moments in the game, for some reason I really enjoy the running away from "stuff"this game won me over after playing it for the second time. the first time I thought it was ok, but for some reason I enjoyed it alot more my second time through. They threw a little bit of everything in terms of gameplay like puzzles, shooting, melee, sniping,treasures, etc. There were also a lot of epic moments in the game, for some reason I really enjoy the running away from "stuff" gameplay. The characters were excellent with a story we are used to from an uncharted game. could've done with less cutscenes though, and maybe a better boss fight? but those are my only two complaints. Multiplayer is enjoyable once you get past the learning curve, but definately a great game with varied gameplay that doesn't feel repititve. Expand
  29. Nov 3, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a game crafted by experts and a cinematic experience like no other.It puts most other games(and movies) to shame with its ultra high production values,graphics and dialogue.The gunplay,I must admit, is a little weak at times and the controls can really force a contest of wills between the player and the game itself.Also, UC3 lacks the fantastic beginning of its predecessorUncharted 3 is a game crafted by experts and a cinematic experience like no other.It puts most other games(and movies) to shame with its ultra high production values,graphics and dialogue.The gunplay,I must admit, is a little weak at times and the controls can really force a contest of wills between the player and the game itself.Also, UC3 lacks the fantastic beginning of its predecessor and takes a couple of hours to get going,but when it does it takes you on a hell of a ride.
    I've had a hard time deciding how to score this game,but despite some average gameplay elements,its almost unbelieveably amazing presentation raises it to a 9.Whilst UC3 will certainly get its share of accolades,I can't see it beating Skyrim for the major GOTY awards.
  30. ERB
    Nov 22, 2013
    It's here Uncharted is back with It's new game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.It's graphics have improved and the world in this game beautiful.There are so many to adventure in this game.The game play mechanics is the best and it is also better than It's storyline.The game play is fun and I love killing those damn enemies.This game is fun and awesome and It gets a 10/10 from me and IIt's here Uncharted is back with It's new game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.It's graphics have improved and the world in this game beautiful.There are so many to adventure in this game.The game play mechanics is the best and it is also better than It's storyline.The game play is fun and I love killing those damn enemies.This game is fun and awesome and It gets a 10/10 from me and I highly recommend you fans or newbies of this franchise to buy this game and try playing it.And I promise this game will make you have a great time.This game is legendary. Expand
  31. Nov 2, 2011
    Wow. Just. Wow. This game is absolutely incredible. The graphics, the gameplay, the story, the action set pieces, the multiplayer, oh my god it is unbelievable. I thought Uncharted 2 was too awesome for its own good then this came along. Though shorter than Uncharted 2 by story, it is more focused and varied and this in my opinion is the best Uncharted story yet. Graphics wise, it has aWow. Just. Wow. This game is absolutely incredible. The graphics, the gameplay, the story, the action set pieces, the multiplayer, oh my god it is unbelievable. I thought Uncharted 2 was too awesome for its own good then this came along. Though shorter than Uncharted 2 by story, it is more focused and varied and this in my opinion is the best Uncharted story yet. Graphics wise, it has a more enhanced engine but Uncharted 2 already pushed the PS3 through the limit and this game was no brainer.Gameplay hasn't changed much with the exception of a more emphasized combat mechanic and more new weapons at your disposal. Multiplayer has returned and it's as refined as Uncharted 2's multiplayer but with a more rewarding gameplay. Buy this game. Good god please buy this game. Expand
  32. Jan 1, 2012
    Naughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of itsNaughty Dog tweeked too much with Uncharted's gameplay mechanics that this game isn't as fun as Uncharted 2. The game still has the great graphics, the greatest voice acting of any game I ever played, and, even though it started out slow and plotless in the begining, a great action/adventure storyline overall. Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I've ever played mostly because of its third person shooter aspect, but for the third installation the shooting aspect was altered for the worse. I actually had to play Uncharted 2 to make sure I wasn't mistaken, but Uncharted 3 has somehow managed to make it erratic and slower to aim. And, while I'm not a fan of precision jumping platform games, Uncharted 2's use of it was beareable due to the graphics attention to detail and voice commentary along the way. In Uncharted 3, the developers added more animations to Drake's movements that he ends up with a very unnatural herky, jerky movement that causes an unreliable platforming experience. It's just awkward and painful to watch or play. Naughty Dog furthered tweaked this series by including more fighting options by having timed button pushing, which I can't stand. If you want a fighting game, than add combos and blocks, don't have me just push one or two buttons according to what the developers flash in front of me. So the overall effect of the game on me was a great action storyline but since I didn't enjoy playing the game with its current mechanics, I felt I was just trying to get from one cut scene to the next in order to watch a movie and not actually playing a game. Since this game is suppose to be a 3rd person shooter, and it has done this badly, no amount of great graphics and storyline can make this a game worth paying full price to play. Expand
  33. Aug 19, 2013
    Best Uncharted game to date. They fixed everything from Uncharted 2 and this game have almost nothing boring or annoying. There is only few unnecessary parts. Like there was super-boring part in U2 on the train they have convoy here (but shorter which is good).

This could be easy score 10 without few minor story and gameplay problems.
  34. Nov 5, 2011
    I'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations areI'm very disappointed in Uncharted 3. Having completed the campaign once, I don't even want to bother going back to play it again, not even for collectibles or trophies. Aiming in both Single Player and Multiplayer has undergone a complete overhaul - for the worse. Input lag, over use of aim assist, and a nearly grid-based zoom aiming ruin the gunplay elements. Character animations are also significantly downgraded from Uncharted 2. Drake's model and animation looks (and feels) like he's perpetually drunk as he lumbers around corners and touches every single wall he encounters. As you can imagine, this only makes gunfights even more frustrating.

Where have the puzzles gone? In the course of the entire game, I opened my journal a whopping FIVE times. Five. There have been very few puzzles and most of the ones that are in the game are so pathetically easy a chimp can figure them out. Exploration is gone too. Very few places give you the opportunity to explore. The game just pushes you from one spot to the next. Invisible walls and texture blocking is everywhere. I knew exploration was thrown under the bus when, after only an hour in the game, I hit a spot where I found 5 hidden treasures in rapid sucession in less than a minute. These are things, along with the witty banter, that MADE Uncharted. In Uncharted 3, puzzles and exploration have been replaced with gunplay, gunplay and more gunplay. I'll come out and say it outright: The gunplay mechanics in Uncharted have always been the weakest link in the game. NaughtyDog took most of what made the franchise and just replaced it with boring, tedious, gunfights. Then when you're in the gunfights, they make the game "harder" by swarming you with enemies while giving you very few pick up options. I have turned off the game in frustration several times because of gunfight sequences where I'm sitting here with a pistol and an AR - and there's nothing else to be had other than an SMG to replace my pistol - while having to fight two or more enemies in full armor, or with riot shields. Next thing you know, I get one of them down, am almost out of ammo from trying to get through that one's armor and/or headshot them, and then I'm swarmed by 5-7 more mobs that spawned after the first big mob died. Meanwhile, I'm running around like a chicken trying to find ammo, but there's little room to maneuver in most fight sequences because, unlike prior Uncharted titles, the combat areas are ridiculously small with very few places to climb. It's ridiculous and not fun because - yep, gonna repeat myself - the gunplay in Uncharted has always been its weakest element.

Then there's the fact that the walls apparently have glue on them and trying to scramble away from mobs ends up in death because you end up getting stuck in cover and are being shot from all sides while trying to get unstuck from the wall/box/et cetera. The story is DECENT, not great. Uncharted 2 raised the bar for interactive story telling. This one leaves a LOT to be desired. All the secondary characters are thrown in and discarded, with exception to Sully. I've seen these shadow villains only a few times over the course of the game; I don't feel like they're that big of a threat. The story behind why we're going where we're going feels like a major stretch. I know Uncharted 1 and 2 were about Drake and his "relationships" while 3 is supposed to be about Drake and Sully, but I'm not really feeling the character building there. In fact, we've seen about as much between Drake and Sully that we always see except now we know how they met. The story is undoubtedly better than many, but just not up to par with the prior two games.

Credit where its due: The game is beautiful but it's not anywhere near as fun as Uncharted or Uncharted 2.

IMO, this is, by far, the weakest in the series. With all of the aforementioned issues, plus the gutting of small additions, such as gameplay unlocks and the cutscene viewer, it feels like NaughtyDog simply cut corners to get the game out to retail.
  35. May 17, 2012
    The game is decent. The game has higher highs than uncharted 2, but much lower lows. The campaign was shorter and some of the arena rooms were quite frustrating. On the positive side, the cutscenes were great and some of the set pieces were awesome. I do not enjoy the multiplayer as much as uncharted 2 either. This review is coming off of a ps3 fanboy. Decent game.
  36. Jul 18, 2013
    this game is more better i love this game i am only half way thru entire game i am loving it i am dying to see what happen in end of game i want to see if this game get another sequel

if u guys only bought 3rd series i suggest u play from start u enjoy this game much every Uncharted fan here
  37. Nov 6, 2011
    My original review for this game was 20000 characters over the limit. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is not only the reason I play videogames, but it is the reason videogames were made. To match the quality and excitement of a Hollywood movie, if not, beating the excitement. Uncharted 2 was almost there, and Uncharted 3 goes above and beyond. Add on the best multiplayer on the Playstation 3, andMy original review for this game was 20000 characters over the limit. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is not only the reason I play videogames, but it is the reason videogames were made. To match the quality and excitement of a Hollywood movie, if not, beating the excitement. Uncharted 2 was almost there, and Uncharted 3 goes above and beyond. Add on the best multiplayer on the Playstation 3, and Uncharted 3 is one of the best games of all time. Expand
  38. Feb 25, 2015
    Outstanding game. The graphics look amazing, and honestly it looks better than some PS4 games out right now. Multiplayer was a blast and I had fun unlocking the extra costumes
  39. Aug 28, 2015
    THE PROS:
    -Great acting and cinematics
    -The right level of difficulty in puzzles -Good pacing of action, puzzles, and platforming -Cover system and shooting feels good The cons: -Platforming is rigid. You have little control other than to guide Nathan Drake into his animations. -Absurdly unrealistic jumping/climbing and story can cause you to roll your eyes. I know I
    THE PROS:
    -Great acting and cinematics
    -The right level of difficulty in puzzles
    -Good pacing of action, puzzles, and platforming
    -Cover system and shooting feels good

The cons:
    -Absurdly unrealistic jumping/climbing and story can cause you to roll your eyes. I know I did.Apparently Drake is the one, the true, American Ninja Warrior.
    -No crouching other when using cover. Stealth could be more of an option. Really stealth is only applicable when the game suggests it.
    -The game sometimes will just throw waves of enemies at you and you will probably die a few times because an enemy spawned behind you or on your flank and you don't notice because there is no mini map.
    -The action is rather shallow. You cover and shoot and not much more
  40. Jun 7, 2013
    I didn't think it was possible to improve on Uncharted 2... but Naughty Dog has managed to do that in almost every possible way! Definitely one of the if not the most cinematic and jaw dropping experiences i've ever had with a game!
  41. Apr 14, 2016

+ Puzzles
    + Fun Characters
  42. Mar 6, 2015
    Graphics: 10 Sound: 9.0 Gameplay: 9.5 Fun/Story: 9.0

Another beautiful game. Lacks some freedom like its predecessor and have some collision problems.
  43. Nov 2, 2011
    ok before i get on with my review i have to say this all you xbox fan boys be mature and give this game a fair review just because we get it and you didnt doesnt mean you should rate this masterpiece down, i mean in general u guys have better exculsives but leave this one alone it is ours so go back to your halo and gears of war. there now that i have that out of the way let me tell youok before i get on with my review i have to say this all you xbox fan boys be mature and give this game a fair review just because we get it and you didnt doesnt mean you should rate this masterpiece down, i mean in general u guys have better exculsives but leave this one alone it is ours so go back to your halo and gears of war. there now that i have that out of the way let me tell you this game is perfect with no flaws they even managed to put split screen in which is another big bonus on top of everything else the only problem i can see is that story mode isnt 2 player but this is nothing gripe about. the story of uncharted is amazing as always with graphics that are so good that at times you forget you are playing a game and feel like you are watching a real live movie because that is basicly what it is except you control what is going on. the voice acting as well just like in the previous games are over the top in how well it is done and i give them props for that. couple these in with the fact that the story is actually interesting and is longer than most titles out there makes just the campaign worth the full price of this game but there is also multiplayer. multiplayer is so much fun and has actually been improved on which i did not think would be possible but they did it adding special rewards in match for doing well and they also added a few more game types such as free for all and a 3 team death match with co-op gamplay as well where you do missions or just try to survive makes the multiplayer much improved over the last one. the only thing i can complain about the multiplayer is that the americans had full access to it before everyone else so they are all level 35 and up which makes it not that much fun when 1 or 2 of them are in the lobby and they are compleatly destroying everyone but when it is evened out you have a blast. if you own a playstation you defenatly owe it to yourself to get this game no this ENTIRE series since they are all master pieces in thier own right with each getting better and better trust me you will not be dissapointed Expand
  44. Jul 25, 2013
    To be honest, Uncharted 2 has a better story, but that doesn't mean Uncharted 3's story is bad. Both are epic. The gameplay is the same as the previous games, and that's not a bad thing because Uncharted is not released year after year (like Call of Duty). The music is great, and the online is great. A must-own for your PS3 collection.
  45. Nov 19, 2013
    Un grandisimo juego, el mejor de la historia de los videojuegos, un modo historia sobervio, unos personajes de lujo, una trama impresionante, es un juego perfecto...o casi perfecto...aciertos: Jugabilidad exuisita, se maneja perfectamente, muy fluido y la verdad, no hay otro igual en este aspecto. Graficos excelentes, escenas como la del barco, la del castillo en llamas o simplementeUn grandisimo juego, el mejor de la historia de los videojuegos, un modo historia sobervio, unos personajes de lujo, una trama impresionante, es un juego perfecto...o casi perfecto...aciertos: Jugabilidad exuisita, se maneja perfectamente, muy fluido y la verdad, no hay otro igual en este aspecto. Graficos excelentes, escenas como la del barco, la del castillo en llamas o simplemente cuando estas en el campo, es como si estuvieras viendo una pelicula. El sonido es lo mejorcito del juego, dobaldo al castellano perfectamente, se entiende a la perfeccion, los personajes parecen con vida propia y el sonido ambiente es simplemente sublime. Innovación, no innovan mucho, pero aun asi, sorprende y supera a sus antecesores en todo. Contras... Una vez te lo pasas, no estas obligado a hacerlo denuevo...no tiene extras como mejorar armas, cambiarle la ropa, como el en Uncharted 2, todo un error, en cambio en on-line tiene esos y mas aspectos, un gran fallo ue me ha decpcionado en ese apartado, me hubiera gustado que tuviera mejoras de armas o armas desbloqueables, infinitas..modos de juego tipo al reves...etc... Expand
  46. Jul 31, 2012
    Overall, this is an amazing achievement in design, and it rests comfortably at the top of the heap when it comes to action games. It's also one of the rare video games where the writing and voice acting aren't just good "for a video game. But it has few major problems. The story is stupid and some of the villains too.
  47. Oct 8, 2013
    After playing Uncharted 2 and 3 i must say i got a bit disappointed in some aspects in this game.
    From the start i really got stuck to the story and couldn't stop playing it to discover the big mystery Drake's been searching for over 20 years, but the ending was just decent, nothing amazing like Uncharted 2.
    The gameplay really improved, the visuals improved, the chasing scenes

The gameplay really improved, the visuals improved, the chasing scenes improved, well you get my point, i didn't got disappointed with the game it self but with his ending.

One other thing that i got disappointed with was the removal of the Bonus that i loved in UC2 like the extra outfits, the infinite bullet weapons, and things like that, that made me play the game once again and try the extra modifications and use my favorite weapons with infinite ammo.

I must say that Uncharted 3 is a great sequel but i take some points due to:
    - Uncharted 3 inferior ending (in my opinion).
    - Lack of bonus section.

But still i really enjoyed the game except this 2 points, and overall the story was great and the gameplay better than the second game, so i recommend you to play UC2 and then you play UC3 and make a comparison.
  48. Oct 18, 2013
    uncharted 3 is the best ps3 videogame.
    Excelent graphics,a compelling argument, an adictive gameplay
    and of course...a charismatic hero
    Nathan Drake is the best
  49. Jun 2, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Ladies and gentlemen, behold: one of the best action adventure games of this generation. Refined gameplay, astonishing graphics, great storytelling and addicting multiplayer - that's what awaits you should you decide to buy this one. (and trust me, you should)
    Singleplayer: The best in the series, it's now more emphasised on the characters of Drake and Sully. Lots of breathtaking moments, especially the one on the plane. (this one is hard to forget) The moment when Sully "died" was so emotional I almost cried, and it was a huge relief to know that it was a hallucionation.
    Co-op: Both online and split-screen, it's nothing special, even thought it's got its own mini-storyline mixing up all the characters from the trilogy and actually making fun of them.
    Multiplayer: It's surprisingly addictive and well-balanced, I usually quickly get bored with all those rank-based multiplayer shooter, but this one surprisingly kept me hooked for a while, I even achieved rank 31. (It is quite rare for me lol)
    Overall, it's really one of the best games of 2011, this console generation and maybe of all time, and I feel sorry for the xbox-only owners who can't experience this masterpiece.
  50. Jan 20, 2012
    When we just about thought that Nate and co had just stole the PS3 and made off with being called the best game of all time, the sequel shows up and snatches the PS3. Uncharted 3 is quite simply the most epic game on PS3 and quite easily the best action adventure game in existance. Some might be turned off with the inherent familiarity and the slightly iffy shooting controls, but otherwiseWhen we just about thought that Nate and co had just stole the PS3 and made off with being called the best game of all time, the sequel shows up and snatches the PS3. Uncharted 3 is quite simply the most epic game on PS3 and quite easily the best action adventure game in existance. Some might be turned off with the inherent familiarity and the slightly iffy shooting controls, but otherwise this is pitch perfect. Taking you From London England Bars to French Chateaus and beyond, Uncharted 3 never stops with the epic moments. The minute to minute gameplay is so masterfully crafted that you rarely get time to put your feet up. Drake and his friend Sully are explored as characters in terms of their history and their uncanny likenesses to each other. The visuals are always pleasing- as can be expected of any Uncharted game and the countless epic moments just reinforce the unmatched production values. It might be waxing lyrical in the same vein as Uncharted 2, but Uncharted 3 is every bit as good and buffed to a fine sheen that is inarguably the most stellar achievement the PS3 has accomplished. Uncharted 4 has its work cut out for it. Expand
  51. Apr 11, 2016
    Superb!!! Naughty Dog have done it again. Everything about this game is triple AAA. Everything from the campaign, to the multiplayer, as well as the new coop modes are an absolute blast. This is one of the few games that will really suck you in to it's world and really make you feel like you're part of the adventure. The technical aspects of the game are second to none
  52. Jan 27, 2014
    Again to me the uncharted series are just supreme talking about the graphics and game play, the acting voices are again very god, BUT I would like to leave without knowing Drake's story of his childhood, I found it senseless like someone spent 10 minutes just to come up with something to say. Other that that is great and the multi player is fantastic.
  53. Feb 12, 2012
    Uncharted 3 (along with Uncharted 2) is BY FAR the BEST GAME EVER!!!! Ø
  54. Nov 24, 2013
    Greater game then the average joe, In my opinion this game was better then the 2 one. Puzzles are very hard for me so you will see I rarely play these kind of games but if i'm bored and need something i'm always in for a deep puzzler. Perfect for hardcore gamers.

Maki
  55. Mar 16, 2012
    Awesome game.. Better than most movie basedames, my favourite game ever! Dont even watch gameplays, i can tell you its the best game ever, the best adventure gmes this gen, very underrated
  56. Sep 28, 2013
    Es un placer inmenso regresar a la saga con "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception", un juego que está al nivel de los dos anteriores, magnífico a más no poder y con una temática cinematográfica parecida a todas las demás entregas de Naughty Dog. Además de eso, gráficos maravillosos, personajes antipáticos y simpáticos y con un villano que puede igualar el nivel de ambición de Zoran LazarevichEs un placer inmenso regresar a la saga con "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception", un juego que está al nivel de los dos anteriores, magnífico a más no poder y con una temática cinematográfica parecida a todas las demás entregas de Naughty Dog. Además de eso, gráficos maravillosos, personajes antipáticos y simpáticos y con un villano que puede igualar el nivel de ambición de Zoran Lazarevich (villano de la entrega anterior). Sin otras palabras, fantástico; frenética diversión. Expand
  57. Oct 14, 2012
    U3 has everything an action adventure game should have. The campaign has a good storyline, breathtaking action although short. Solid and fun multiplayer.
  58. Oct 9, 2016
    Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception conseguiu manter o nivel dos anteriores, sendo melhor que o primeiro na minha opnião, a historia continua boa, oque eu gostei do game é que cita muito o T. E Lawrence ou Lawrence da Arabia que tem ate um filme que é um dos meus favoritos, a trilha sonora continua fantastica, o jogo tem ótimos momentos, o grafico é incrivel, principalmente quando se passa noUncharted 3 Drakes Deception conseguiu manter o nivel dos anteriores, sendo melhor que o primeiro na minha opnião, a historia continua boa, oque eu gostei do game é que cita muito o T. E Lawrence ou Lawrence da Arabia que tem ate um filme que é um dos meus favoritos, a trilha sonora continua fantastica, o jogo tem ótimos momentos, o grafico é incrivel, principalmente quando se passa no deserto, recomendo muito, um ótimo jogo. Nota 9.2 Expand
  59. Mar 10, 2016
    Este jogo é incrível! Eu recebi e ainda não posso parar de jogar. Os gráficos são tão detalhadas para um game e é desafiador, mas divertido e terá que jogar por horas! A história é complexa e profundamente pensado. O melhor jogo que eu já joguei de forma
  60. Nov 9, 2011
    Naughty Dog admits that they began planning this game around the set pieces. It shows. The set pieces are amazing to be sure. The chateau was fun, the ship was amazing, and the horse riding portions gave me the best kind of Indiana Jones flashbacks. The problem comes with portions of the plot that are hackneyed to jerk at the player's emotions specifically in the last level. The storyNaughty Dog admits that they began planning this game around the set pieces. It shows. The set pieces are amazing to be sure. The chateau was fun, the ship was amazing, and the horse riding portions gave me the best kind of Indiana Jones flashbacks. The problem comes with portions of the plot that are hackneyed to jerk at the player's emotions specifically in the last level. The story telling is amazing, but fake-outs are not entertaining or rewarding. Further, where are the puzzles? The action is there, but I miss the complex puzzles that required heavy thought and planning. Lastly, the multiplayer is a diversion at best. These are the problems. But they are gripes at the most. In truth, it's a cinematic experience and a must for the fans of the series. The characters are flushed out, its fun, beautifully rendered, and full of character. As a fan I just wish it had a bit more to make it complete. Expand
  61. Nov 11, 2011
    I give this game a nine because although it's a great game, it's pretty much the same process as the last two.
    but overall I enjoyed it. out of all the PS3 exclusives that came out this year. this is probably the best out of all of them. I enjoyed the multiplayer which is a vast improvement but I can't get connected probably due to the firmware update it got the other day. there isn't many reasons why not to buy this game oh who am I kidding,there isn't any. If you have a PS3 and don't want to play COD like everyone else. play this.
  62. Nov 3, 2011
    People saying that it's like a movie are stupid, yes naughty dog wanted it to feel like that, so when there's a cutscenes the graphics are the same as when you play. Meaning that, "look at how uncharted has amazing graphics in both gameplay/ cutscenes/ oh and cutscenes where you can controll the outcome" people always finding stupid faults, and I would bet money it's from someone who hasPeople saying that it's like a movie are stupid, yes naughty dog wanted it to feel like that, so when there's a cutscenes the graphics are the same as when you play. Meaning that, "look at how uncharted has amazing graphics in both gameplay/ cutscenes/ oh and cutscenes where you can controll the outcome" people always finding stupid faults, and I would bet money it's from someone who has seen how epic this game is round a friends house and is nerd raging because he is still playing on the dreamcast. I own and play my ps3 and 360 a lot, and I cannot see how this won't get GOTY, if anything can beet it, it's zelda OOT in 3D out of respect. If you've played Uncharted 1 & 2 before then your stupid if you don't own this. Visuals 10 gameplay 10 story 10 voice acting 10 etc etc etc. people saying its dated....YAWN (blatant haters) you know when people are trolls, when they try and knock the best game out this year. Honestly this game will eat MW3 and Skyrim for breakfast at any gaming awards. Expand
  63. Oct 26, 2012
    Graphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences wereGraphics are amazing and the story is very solid. Multiplayer has improved from UC2's. The story is great but not as good as in Among Thieves. The voice acting and plot are great and add more depth to the overall series and provides some good back story. The gameplay and controls look and feel smoother as drake interacts with objects in the environment. Though the action sequences were also better in UC2. Drakes Deception is better than Drakes Fortune but not as good as Among Thieves. Expand
  64. Jul 31, 2014
    This game is a masterpiece on all fronts. It will never cease its on ongoing quality. I mean, just pick out anything. It has amazing combat, graphics, story, A.I., environments, and the voice acting is top notch. The melee combat has finally become fun and engaging, which was the only problem I had with its predecessors, and the shooting is as immersive as it always has been. CharactersThis game is a masterpiece on all fronts. It will never cease its on ongoing quality. I mean, just pick out anything. It has amazing combat, graphics, story, A.I., environments, and the voice acting is top notch. The melee combat has finally become fun and engaging, which was the only problem I had with its predecessors, and the shooting is as immersive as it always has been. Characters are written so well, you actually feel for them, which can be rare. Anyway this game ticks all the boxes. (Boxes that have been very sharply ticked!) Expand
  65. Nov 8, 2011
    It won't blow you away as much as Uncharted 2 did, but it will still blow you away. Naughty Dog shows again how the Uncharted franchise is the jack of all trades, with phenomenal set-piece moments, gameplay, graphics, audio, characters and so much more. The writing is clever and humorous while still presenting realistic human interactions. The environments will astound you with theirIt won't blow you away as much as Uncharted 2 did, but it will still blow you away. Naughty Dog shows again how the Uncharted franchise is the jack of all trades, with phenomenal set-piece moments, gameplay, graphics, audio, characters and so much more. The writing is clever and humorous while still presenting realistic human interactions. The environments will astound you with their beauty, with the only graphical flaws being the awful shadows (relative to PC graphics). Facial animations not only look beautiful, but convince you that the characters are real human beings. The gameplay this time around has a more weighty feel to it and Drake is a bit more unwieldy to control. Whether or not you like this change is up to you, as I personally feel like Drake is more human and adds a bit of welcome challenge to the game. If you have ever played Killzone 2 and 3, imagine that in reverse as Killzone 3 removed the gravity effect but Uncharted 3 adds it. Otherwise, everything else about this game is impeccable. If you have a PS3, you owe it to yourself to purchase this game as soon as possible. Expand
  66. Mar 6, 2012
    BEST GAME EVER!!! , I cant believe how some people gave this game such low scores! Its an AWESOME! game.. I recommend this game to every "REAL" gamer out there.
  67. Nov 1, 2011
    Oh look, another breathtaking Uncharted game and the trolls and Xbox fanboys are out in force trying to lower the user score. How pathetically predictable. Whatever other people may say there are no major flaws in this game. Sure, the Uncharted games are linear and you could argue they lack genuine innovation but if ther's one game series that shows the importance of linearity in gameOh look, another breathtaking Uncharted game and the trolls and Xbox fanboys are out in force trying to lower the user score. How pathetically predictable. Whatever other people may say there are no major flaws in this game. Sure, the Uncharted games are linear and you could argue they lack genuine innovation but if ther's one game series that shows the importance of linearity in game design it's this. Furthermore, since when did a game have to be innovative to be great? Besides, what Uncharted 3 does well it does better than just about any other game namely looking like the most spectacular action movie you've ever seen while still feeling very much like like a game. No it's not a massive improvement on Uncharted 2 but as that was one of the most commercially and critically successful games of this generation that isn't a surprise or a problem. It's all here - polished gameplay, incredible graphics, peerless cut scenes and jaw dropping set pieces. I didn't expect anything less! Expand
  68. Nov 2, 2011
    Uncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes areUncharted 1 was boring and repetitive, Uncharted 2 was one of the best games I have ever played. Uncharted 3 started off amazingly, just like Uncharted 2 but unfortunately it did not deliver. It's boring and repetitive. The story is quite good, it's just game-play mostly fails. I am not sure why but Uncharted 3 is like a cross between Uncharted 1 and 2. The story is amazing, cut scenes are awesome but game-play is exhausting and repetitive. The game eventually becomes a grind. Kill guys here, climb there, enter room with many spawning enemies, rinse and repeat through out the whole game. I found myself loving the game but at the same time becoming very frustrated during my game-play. Uncharted 2 was stellar, I must have played the game 5 times at least, this game I cannot finish due to being exhausted of the same things over and over again. Expand
  69. May 9, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is an amazing game. It is with action, puzzles and with an interesting story. The technical graphics are great. But, you need more to explore, than to kill, and that is really good. One of the greatest PS3 game ever (9.5)
  70. Aug 17, 2012
    Uncharted 3 is a masterpiece. It's graphically outstanding, really well-written and the gameplay is remarkably fun. Gameplay is mixed with gunplay and clever puzzles. Maybe the gunplay isn't perfect, but It's fun. The missions are interesting, from the objective of the great story. And, multiplayer is addictive and fun. 98 out of 100
  71. Feb 27, 2013
    Naughty Dog nailed it. Just amazing adventure. Game play, experience, graphic storyline is beyond expectations.
    I admired the unlocked videos from the developer. It made me realize how much effort spent to get this game out.
    I was happy learn how Drake Sully first met. The sequence of events and locations are stunning. 10/10. Great job Naughty Dog
  72. Mar 26, 2016
    Uncharted 3 is... a very awesome game!!..... to watch that is. Because the story is alright, characters are quite likable, graphics look absolutely amazing and you just wonder how the PS3 could handle this. The voice acting, the music, this is a work of art.

Unfortunately, the game is not that awesome to play. Why? Because Uncharted 3 is super linear and everything is sooo scripted. EVERYTHING!! It's like Tomb Raider, walk past this point, explosion will happen. Walk across the bridge, bridge collapse.... They actually believe people will go " OMG I totally did not see that happening!! My heart is beating so fast!! Wow!!"

Combat mechanics.... it's pretty mediocre. Not terrible, mind you. But somehow I feel Nathan lack actual weight, or defy laws of gravity. It just doesn't feel natural. Seems like he's floating most of the time. Because of this, in Online mode everybody is just running around jumping around crazily at each other. Seem like a mess. Guns feel like they have no impact, like paintball guns.

Final verdict, as a show piece, 10/10. I suggest watching the cutscenes on Youtube. There are plenty of compiled cutscenes vids by now. As as a video game, it does nothing new. You're doing the same linear things from start to end. I played about 2 hours and had to stop cos it was getting boring. Sold it and watched the rest on Youtube. it's just not that fun like many people are saying here.. 6/10.
  73. Nov 1, 2011
    Though there was some points in the story that felt a little strange with the direction NaughtyDog decided to go in, that is no reason not to say that this game is one of the most incredible games ever made! It's safe to say that fans of the first two games will not be disappointed. The Uncharted series continues to be the crown jewel for the PS3. As I said, I thought it was pretty strangeThough there was some points in the story that felt a little strange with the direction NaughtyDog decided to go in, that is no reason not to say that this game is one of the most incredible games ever made! It's safe to say that fans of the first two games will not be disappointed. The Uncharted series continues to be the crown jewel for the PS3. As I said, I thought it was pretty strange with the direction NaughtyDog decided to go for the story at some points in the game. However, the cinematic moments are amazing, the gameplay is great, the multiplayer is just as great as Uncharted 2's if not, better. And the story line was very entertaining none the less. If you haven't figured it out, the Uncharted series is the main reason to have a PS3, in fact, it's why you MUST have a PS3. Gamers who are only all about the Xbox 360, (or even Wii) are really missing out on this incredible series. And like everyone is saying - Uncharted 3 is a great addition to the series. Expand
  74. Nov 17, 2011
    Uncharted 3 is a great game, it is a must play for 2011. Nathan Drake's adventure continues in this epic adventure that doesn't quite live up to it's predecessor "Uncharted 2" but it is still worth playing. The plot is always as great as ever and the action as well but the shining point is the relationship between Drake and his mentor Sully, Uncharted 3 takes character relationships soUncharted 3 is a great game, it is a must play for 2011. Nathan Drake's adventure continues in this epic adventure that doesn't quite live up to it's predecessor "Uncharted 2" but it is still worth playing. The plot is always as great as ever and the action as well but the shining point is the relationship between Drake and his mentor Sully, Uncharted 3 takes character relationships so well that you will actually care about the characters, that is how well the story is told and it in a way trumps Uncharted 2's story. The graphics are plain amazing with amazing set pieces and I find it cool that Drake has a few new animations that make it seem so realistic that just looking at it makes you go "Whooah!". The multiplayer is great too, it was good in Uncharted 2 but it got a revamp in Uncharted 3 to a good effect. The voice acting and character animations are great as always, again setting the bar for the PS3 as it always had. While there is a lot of good stuff there are sadly some flaws and that is in gameplay. The melee combat has been improved drastically so that is much funner and effective to use but then the controls are slightly clunky and gunplay becomes a little harder in part due to the new animations in Drake which makes the gunfights a bit more difficult but platforming is improved as well so it's good and swimming controls are frustrating too. Overall, Uncharted 3 is a great game. There is the control skirmishes but they don't hurt the overall experience too much. The game is one of the best of 2011 and the second best in the series to Uncharted 2. Breakdown for "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception": Presentation: 9.8, Graphics: 10, Sound: 10, Gameplay: 9.6, Lasting Appeal: 9.8. Verdict: 9.7 out of 10 Expand
  75. Nov 5, 2014
    Well... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna beWell... Do you know the difference between, let's say, a guitar which is hand-made and one that is almost hand-made, but mainly made on the assembly line? This is exactly the difference to me between Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3. Uncharted 2 too felt organic and real, while the 3rd installment is the one mass-produced. This was the overall impression I got. It felt uninspired and wanna be something that it is not. At least not at the inside. From outside it is an impressively looking game with impressive storytelling. But from inside it has rotten game-play which feels mostly awkward, the story itself doesn't worth even mentioning and the places are way too megalomaniac too be really noticeable or interesting. The weapons almost don't matter as the good once don't even last and are usually forced on you. The combat is far from anything interesting as it tells you which button to press and it's repetitive and slow. The enemy AI is abysmal and the "action-sequences" are boring (except one or two short ones). I find myself not caring about the story one bit, as it was if they used a template for every next predictable event. It was all one big cliche. Almost exactly like the game itself is. 5 out of 10 as I barely even enjoyed it. Expand
  76. Aug 24, 2014
    The best Uncharted game yet in my opinion. The story is as gripping as ever, the action constantly spectacular and the dialogue funny and fresh. I much preferred the ending to this one than 2 (was not a fan of that boss fight) and the multiplayer and co-op modes were a really great addition. Perfect.
  77. Aug 15, 2012
    You really must play all the games in order to get the full experience of this, it's not just a great game it feels like an epic movie trilogy, you wouldn't watch the last lord of the rings before you watched the first, and so it should be the same with this..

Combat is fun, graphics and visuals are stunning, characters are likable (most of them), and barely an repetition, put this game on your must list but make sure you get the other 2 firsts..
  78. May 8, 2016
    Well, this is it. Uncharted 4 is just around the corner and i've finally completed the first 3 games, so let's see what Uncharted 3 is like, before Uncharted 4 gets here.

STORY: Uncharted 3 actually explains how Nathan and Sully first met and what they are searching for this time. It all centers around this ring that can tell the location of a lost city...somehow. And just like before it's pretty much a race to find it first and get...something inside the city.

The story overall is pretty strong, but i feel like the formula for it is just more of the same, making it very predictable by the end. Furthermore there are some characters that are introduced at the beginning, but then in the later part of the game they never appear, leaving the question of: why were they here in the first place?.

The story, in my opinion, doesn't top Uncharted 2 plot, but i still feel like it does a fine enough job and hey, we get to see 15 year old Nate and that's nice.

PRESENTATION: In terms of graphics Uncharted 3 looks...pretty much just like Uncharted 2. I'm sure there was some improvement, but i don't really notice a difference. The great animations, models, physics and music are still here and the voice acting is just as good as before. But it does have some problems:

First...agh man. I don't really know what i have with Naughty Dog games, but i always manage to find glitches in every single game i've played with their mark. Now in most cases, like in Uncharted 2, their minor ones and don't really prevent me from enjoying the game, but this right here is just pure chaos and i always fear that my PS3 might explode or that the game is gonna collapse.

We have everything: Falling through the floor, textures not loading, characters not moving, audio sync errors, getting stuck in places and while the game does have some frame rate drops, i counted 2 times where the game just totally freeze on me and i had to reset the console and do the mission all over again because of it. On top of that we also popping everywhere, from characters and textures alike.

I don't know if it's my PS3's fault (which i doubt because i had no problem with Uncharted 2), but this certainly prevented me from enjoying the game to the maximum potential, nevertheless i still think that it's a good looking and sounding game, but it is the definitely the most unstable out of the bunch.

GAMEPLAY: Uncharted 3 in terms of gameplay...it's pretty much the same as the last game. You still shoot with the L1 and R1 triggers, throw grenades with L2, switch weapons with the D-pad, you get behind enemies to kill them silently, you resolve puzzles, you can cover, etc. But the biggest change was definitely the focus on melee combat. In previus game's i rarely used it, but in this one you are forced to do it you want to or not and heck it's the first thing you do when you start the game.

So how does it work?...eh roughly the same. You still attack with square button and avoid attacks with the triangle button, but this time is all done with quick time events and the circle button is also used in many occasions...and you know what?, i feel like it was a change for the better since it fleshed out the combat a bit more and it also makes it more useful. So useful in fact that sometimes running to an enemy and punching him to the dead is the ideal strategy.

The parkour system was also tweaked, but not in a good way. In Uncharted 2 you could move ,in many occasions, in a 3D plain (the most obvious example is the part where you climb a train), but in Uncharted 3 we don't nearly as much of that and we're back to just pressing X a few times in a 2D plain to get from one place to the next, which really limits the depth of the parkour system, Uncharted 2 got it right so...what gives?.

Finally we have the ability to throw back grenades at the enemies by pressing triangle at the right moment (which really comes in handy with the tougher enemies) and that sometimes you will go throw stretch allways that...have absolutely no impact on gameplay...

And...that's it...no really there's pretty much no other change whatsoever. The stealth, the weapons, the partners, the aiming and just about everything else stays the same, which is disappointing, but since i didn't ***** about it in the New Super Mario Bros reviews, i'm not gonna ***** about it here, but i will say that if you just finished Uncharted 2, give this one some time because otherwise it's gonna get very repetitive and old very fast.

Overall Uncharted 3 is a good game, but when you compare it to Uncharted 2...well...it's just seems very weak both from innovative, technical, story and improvement standpoints. I still recommend it if you haven't tried it already, but play Uncharted 2 first since i consider it to be the better experience...just avoid the first one at all cost. Oh! and before i forgot, this game and the last one have multiplayer!...that i've never touched.

Anyway, i'll give it an 8/10.
  79. Jun 21, 2012
    Drakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system fromDrakes Deception is actually very apt as although this is the 3rd uncharted game it is actually the worst of the three, uncharted one and two maintained game-play, Drakes deception felt like a movie imitating a game. The story was lame compared to the previous games and although enjoyable it was spoilt in parts with bad new combat design choices. the tight cover and shooting system from uncharted has been removed and was replaced with an inferior one were when you are in cover and take aim it was almost always over the wrong shoulder view. why they just did not add a central gun-scope view i dont know. the new updated fighting system works in places and fails badly in others, (point of fact the final fight can turn into an endless never ending fight .if you do not press the correct buttons so it is not a free fight but a scripted one. i like many others thought this was a glitch but no really its just a bug with a badly thought out ending. the graphics are okay but there are too many indoor areas and not enough jungles or outdoor vistas. even the desert dune fails as you have no idea which direction to go in then when you finally work it out there is nothing in the level you just walk to the next area. the puzzles and level design and jewel collection were all inferior and weaker to the previous games. jewels are much easier to find in uc3. Deceptions saving grace is the once again excellent multi-player and co op modes they are still great and if you loved the multi-player it is still worth picking up. Game of the year version will be available this year with all dlc content included if its at platinum game price its still a bargain. Over-all a dissapointing story for drakes return Expand
  80. Jan 23, 2012
    This was a great game-as expected and it was not a disappointment at all. The multiplayer is flawed-in that its very easy to cheat on it (something ND may need to consider fixing), but otherwise still quite good. Though I admit there was something missing from this game. A certain charm that was present in the second game; it could be the setting of the second game was better or even thatThis was a great game-as expected and it was not a disappointment at all. The multiplayer is flawed-in that its very easy to cheat on it (something ND may need to consider fixing), but otherwise still quite good. Though I admit there was something missing from this game. A certain charm that was present in the second game; it could be the setting of the second game was better or even that the characters and story where better in Uncharted 2, not sure. Great visuals and its enjoyed its good humour, but I wouldn't call it the greatest game ever made. Far from it. It does not deserve the 10/10 score I've seen it getting, but it does step it up quite a bit. Expand
  81. Jan 9, 2014
    One of my least favourite games of all time. Graphics and sound absolutely shine, this is a good looking game, even by 2014 standards. But that's it. The whole game basically boils down to a pattern of explore, gunfight, and solve puzzle over and over again through 22 chapters of tedium. To be fair, the exploring is basically okay and the puzzles are just the right level of difficulty.One of my least favourite games of all time. Graphics and sound absolutely shine, this is a good looking game, even by 2014 standards. But that's it. The whole game basically boils down to a pattern of explore, gunfight, and solve puzzle over and over again through 22 chapters of tedium. To be fair, the exploring is basically okay and the puzzles are just the right level of difficulty. But the gunfights will make you regret buying a PS3. They happen at the wrong times, just as a scene's rhythm is gathering steam. Deaths in gunfights often feel cheap and the enemies are bullet sponges, sometimes needing 6 or 7 rounds to go down. I have much respect for Naughty Dog, but I'm won't spend 60 dollars on a 20 hour game with no replay value ever again. If I hadn't played this game for free via my PlayStation Plus subscription, I would have never had played it. Expand
  82. Oct 30, 2012
    While Uncharted 3 is really a great game with a lot of great moment, it doesn't live up to the greatness of the second Uncharted. A lot of action sequence feels like déjà vu. It is however a nice addition to your game library.
  83. Feb 4, 2014
    This is a really great game, I enjoyed the atmosphere, the gameplay, the story, and even the multiplayer. Everything about this game is great, my only gripe is that it is so darn linear!
  84. Jul 2, 2012
    It's a VERY great game....for about 3/4 of the way through. After that point the game feels rushed and underproduced. The gameplay mechanics are perfected to an even greater extent than they were in the second release, however the story is very underdeveloped and is ridden with plot holes and unresolved questions. Uncharted 2 had a better story, but Uncharted 3 has better gameplay andIt's a VERY great game....for about 3/4 of the way through. After that point the game feels rushed and underproduced. The gameplay mechanics are perfected to an even greater extent than they were in the second release, however the story is very underdeveloped and is ridden with plot holes and unresolved questions. Uncharted 2 had a better story, but Uncharted 3 has better gameplay and graphics. Both are masterpieces in my opinion and deserve to be recognized as such. I just wish they'd release some DLC or SOMETHING to answer these unresolved issues and patch the plot holes that are ever so prevalent. Expand
  85. Nov 8, 2015
    After the greatness of UC2, UC3 is a huge let down. The AI is a huge step down, they run at you blindly then take cover next to you while still being in line of sight like they want to commit suicide (tlou has this problem too), the shooting mechanics suck with hits not registering until an enemy has reached it's cinematic entrance, or shooting through gaps in a backless bookcase don'tAfter the greatness of UC2, UC3 is a huge let down. The AI is a huge step down, they run at you blindly then take cover next to you while still being in line of sight like they want to commit suicide (tlou has this problem too), the shooting mechanics suck with hits not registering until an enemy has reached it's cinematic entrance, or shooting through gaps in a backless bookcase don't register hits because the enemy is in cover even though visible which means you can't hurt them, enemies spawn behind you in dead ends you already cleared so the tough sections are about learning the pattern rather than actually being good at the game. The story is mundane and a let down compared to the first two, there's far too many long boring stretches on running/walking or not doing much. Just a big let down after the first two games. Expand
  86. Apr 12, 2015
    Uncharted 3, the final chapter of the series Naughty Dog on PlayStation 3 is very nice. This time there wasn't a surprise effect, as when I played it I already knew very well the series, after playing the two previous chapters, especially after playing Uncharted 2 that was the real change.

The plot of Uncharted 3 is fantastic, maybe not to the levels of the second chapter, but definitely higher than the first chapter. However the story of Uncharted 3 has its strong points, compared to the previous two chapters: the discovery of the past Nathan Drake, his meeting with Sully and the friendship that binds them, the unbridled passion that Nathan has for the danger , his relationship with Elena. The whole story feels more "human", than the previous stories. I also really liked the return of journeys of Sir Francis Drake, the references to Thomas E. Lawrence, and the fact that the ring of Drake plays a key role in the story.

As for the gameplay, there's not much to say. After Uncharted 2 is difficult to create something better in terms of gameplay. Despite everything, however, there have been significant improvements to melee combat even more fun and articulated, and in general to the characters, the way they move or react that are structured much better, seem more "alive". Personally I loved so much the crash of the plane, and the arrival in the desert of the Rub 'al-Khali, where in those sequences the gameplay has been pushed to levels virtually perfect. However a heavy criticism goes to longevity: obviously shortened, in favor of the multiplayer segment of the game. And I absolutely can not tolerate it.

The technical sector of the game is extraordinary. The graphic is perfect and has been significantly improved, although as usual, after Uncharted 2 is difficult to perceive the change.

Uncharted 3 is a fantastic game, amazing, and closes in a great way the saga on PlayStation 3. Unfortunately Uncharted 3 is a little victim of the second chapter and of the improvements it gave, among other things, the longevity of the game has been reduced in favor of the futility of the multiplayer, and this is unacceptable.
  87. Nov 1, 2011
    The Best game I ever played!!! Amazing graphics, great gameplay, epic soundtrack, awesome story, top-notch voice acting, and improved multiplayer. This has to be one of the contenders for game of the year. 10/10
  88. Jun 3, 2012
    The first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly andThe first two Uncharted games were top notch. I'm sorry to say that the third one didn't live up to my expectations. Like all Uncharted games, the set pieces and graphics are amazing. Usually Naughty Dog has a great story line to accompany it. Sadly, the story in Uncharted 3 lacks the excitement of the other two. It starts off great, but bad story elements drag it down slowly and painfully. I was confused not half way through the game by some of the occurrences. The ending is also not very good and neither is the boss fight. This game is definitely worth picking up, but it's not the best one in the series. Expand
  89. Mar 2, 2013
    Drakes deception...I can't help but feel deceived by this game...don't get me wrong but this game leaves MUCH to be desired but fails to answer some questions it asks so as usual the good: Great voice acting from the entire cast. The graphics makes me wonder why anyone possess another console instead of a ps3 because the graphics are simply amazing even now. The sound is worthy of aDrakes deception...I can't help but feel deceived by this game...don't get me wrong but this game leaves MUCH to be desired but fails to answer some questions it asks so as usual the good: Great voice acting from the entire cast. The graphics makes me wonder why anyone possess another console instead of a ps3 because the graphics are simply amazing even now. The sound is worthy of a multi-million dollar movie and has drake and co fight against an interesting opponent who seems to be immortal and has some weird mind controlling technique up there sleeve. So why not score it a 9 or 10? Because despite it being better than uncharted 2 the flaws keep it from being a rare gem it was aiming to be! This game is great right up to the middle part of the game by which I mean.......THE COMBAT!! Now the bad: as I said its the combat and while I enjoyed the combat of the previous two uncharted its almost unbearable here! It go s like this: your fighting your standard enemies then here come a heavy(or two) who take NUMEROUS head shots then when he(or gasp....both) gets close your forced into melee mode where it becomes insanely difficult to survive because as you are forced to go hand to hand your getting shot and by the time your out of melee mode you die trying to run for cover! There's also MANY area's that include the "screw you gamer" enemy combinations that is....one or two heavies....two or more snipers and about three grenade launcher enemies that result in multiple deaths....I'm sorry I meant CHEAP deaths because when grenades explode near you....your stunned right out of cover and exposed to a hail storm of bullets! the story(usually a high point) fails to explore Nathan drakes past as the female antagonist mentions how drake wasn't his real name. I was interested about who he really was and why he was so obsessed with drake(Francis drake) and besides that...the small things like his age...where was he born and who were his parents...all left unexplained in the last installment...? Why was the guy seemingly immortal but dies with one shot in the end!? He was shot plenty of times during the game but still managed to live but one bullet kills him in the end? This same guy poisons your friend with a mind control drug that induces fear but magically disappears in an ally? Then both antagonist seem hell bent on attaining a powerful artifact that can grip the word in fear thats hidden in a chest but strangely they use this same drug that has the same effect as the artifact that they are searching for...!? Why not just mass produce the drug they were already using if fear was their ultimate goal? I'm also curious as to what their OVERALL plan/goal was...world domination? The ending was anti-climactic and what was the male antagonist relationship to the female antagonist? He took it pretty hard that she died in quick sand even though drake tried to save her! Was she his sister....lover...accountant..lol? Despite these issues the combat really hurts the game as it throws what seems to be an ENDLESS AMOUNT OF ENEMIES at you. Once you finish a wave of enemies you might want to just sit behind cover because atleast twenty more enemies are on the way which isnt bad but the game forces you into cheap deaths every chance it gets with the dreaded heavy/rocket launcher/sniper combo with regular bad guys thats instantly frustrating. 7/10 Expand
  90. Oct 21, 2012
    Naughty Dog does it again, which I suppose was to be expected after the last two. I really had no idea how much better looking uncharted could get and couldn't believe it when I first saw it. The colors really stand out in these games but never in an over saturated way, but in a way that the colors compliment each other in such a way that they just pop. I didn't get a chance to play aroundNaughty Dog does it again, which I suppose was to be expected after the last two. I really had no idea how much better looking uncharted could get and couldn't believe it when I first saw it. The colors really stand out in these games but never in an over saturated way, but in a way that the colors compliment each other in such a way that they just pop. I didn't get a chance to play around with the 3D which I'm regretting and will probably go back for down the road. The gameplay while pretty much the same as the second added a couple of features that gave it fresh feel (i.e. throwing grenades, fighting big guys). I was slightly bothered by the use of yellow to point out practically everything you could jump on, and like Golden Abyss I thought it detracted from the realism of it. Minor point though and the climbing and scavenging were as fun as always. The story was really strong as well and I liked how instead of the relationship with a girl being the inter-team conflict it was focused around the bond between Sully and Drake. The back story behind the two also made for an interesting plot point and getting some insight into your character of 4 games and his buddy was a nice piece of fan service. I find it interesting how fun these games are and yet they still hold a fairly serious tone. It is just an exciting adventure that fails to disappoint on delivering what it's predecessors have. Expand
  91. Nov 8, 2015
    The aiming controls.. Wow worst this gen by far, so stiff and inorganic. And the way the game is progressing is bad as well, almost every time you come to a new place, check it out, meet some enemies on the way, find something that makes the characters go WOW... Then someone sees you and the whole place crumbles as you escape. Painfully predictable.

The way characters pop up at perfect

The way characters pop up at perfect times out of nowhere all the time is cringeworthy as well. They ALWAYS find a way to come in front of you to deliver their cheesy line. This game is pretty badly written if you ask me.
  92. Dec 17, 2016
    Naught Dog set the bar real high with the excellent Among Thieves. Its hard to imagine what more they could do to top Uncharted 2, that being said Drake's Deception does not disappoint. Sure this is more of the same, the same great story-telling, the same exciting action sequences, the same charming cast of characters. If it ain't broke don't fix it and this game is anything but. InNaught Dog set the bar real high with the excellent Among Thieves. Its hard to imagine what more they could do to top Uncharted 2, that being said Drake's Deception does not disappoint. Sure this is more of the same, the same great story-telling, the same exciting action sequences, the same charming cast of characters. If it ain't broke don't fix it and this game is anything but. In fact, the changes the do make in this title, from the improved melee combat to the wonderful set pieces, in my mind make this the best Uncharted yet. Naught Dog's, along with other wonderful developers like Telltale, really prove how much potential there still is in linear narratives for videogames.

Drake's Deception feels like a combination of a heist movie and an origin story. You have one band of thieves following Drake going up against an secret organization lead by Katherine Marlowe. In the race to discover Sir Francis Drakes' secrets you soon find yourself flashing back to the past where you first encounter Marlowe. As a young boy Drake is caught sneaking into a museum featuring several pieces of Sir Francis Drakes belongings. This is where the race for the "Atlantis of the Sands" begins and where Drake meets Sullivan for the first time. Its exciting to see how Drake and Sully meet but at the same time Sully's connection to Marlowe makes you wonder just who you can trust.

On your journey you'll visit an array of different and exciting locations. From Drake's origins as an orphan in the streets of Cartagena, to a French Chateau, and from there a large Syrian fort. As you venture across these different locations in the race with Marlowe you'll have to deal with her different lackeys. Ramses, the pirate leader and one of the more amusing antagonist in the series, will leave you running around a ship graveyard. Talbot is Marlowe's right-hand man and has some hallucinogens he'll use on you and your allies. All in all there is plenty of things to see and many interesting characters, old and new, that you'll cross paths with on this journey.

The core gameplay isn't that much different from the previous game; this is still an excellent cover-based third-person shooter. The main difference this time around is the vastly improved melee combat. Close-quarters combat now feels very fluid and has a lot of weight behind it. Not only will Drake throw punches but he'll use the environment around him to pick up objects and slam enemies around. Another thoroughly enjoyable addition to Uncharted 3 is a couple superb chase scenes. The rooftop scene with young drake and, even more so, the chase with Talbot in Yemen are both thrilling and memorable.

Although this isn't as big as a leap from Among Thieves as that game was from the first there is still a lot to love. The story is exciting, again its hard to compare this game to anything besides a action-packed blockbuster. Of course there is so much more you can do with a game then a movie. You get to put yourself right into the action; shooting, punching, and running, from one scene to the next. Wonderful characters, both good and bad, really make up the heart of this game and help keep you immersed. This all goes to show how well Naught Dog has refined the art of crafting a good linear narrative and why we keep coming back to play more of their titles.
  93. Feb 16, 2012
    This game show the evolution of the Uncharted franchise, gaming visuals, and the art of story telling. This is the best Uncharted game yet. The thing is, it does everything right. Great platforming, awesome shooting, and everything else you love. The visuals are the best out of any game ever. You cannot tell the difference between cutscenes and gameplay. The storytelling in this game isThis game show the evolution of the Uncharted franchise, gaming visuals, and the art of story telling. This is the best Uncharted game yet. The thing is, it does everything right. Great platforming, awesome shooting, and everything else you love. The visuals are the best out of any game ever. You cannot tell the difference between cutscenes and gameplay. The storytelling in this game is also top notch. They tell it amazingly. The story sticks to the story of Nathan Drake unlike Uncharted 2. Must-have for any PS3 owner. Expand
  94. May 2, 2013
    Uncharted 3 is absolutely awesome but I don't know if it is better than 2. Thhe gameplay has been refined even more this time resulting in more fluid movement and combat. In addition the action set pieces have been stepped up even more now in the league with God of War. The game's story is great to and a cut above most of the other stuff out there but comparing to U2 even though it triesUncharted 3 is absolutely awesome but I don't know if it is better than 2. Thhe gameplay has been refined even more this time resulting in more fluid movement and combat. In addition the action set pieces have been stepped up even more now in the league with God of War. The game's story is great to and a cut above most of the other stuff out there but comparing to U2 even though it tries something different and does well there are just a few things that aren't explained enough by the end. The multiplayer is great aswell if your interested. Still one of the best games ever!! Expand
  95. Nov 28, 2011
    Honestly, this would be okay as a Movie. What the difference between this and masterful Mario/ any other game is, is that those games actually present more than an interactive cutscene. The plot is okay at best, and cliche at worst, and I can't possibly recommend this game for anyone who cares about gameplay.
  96. Dec 12, 2011
    Naughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitiveNaughty Dog can do no evil. The story is fantastic, the characters are believable and likeable. The gunplay and platforming are both spot on. The game always changes it up with new environments or new types of levels, such as: escaping spiders, fighting through a falling plane, running through a burning building, or a sinking ship. I never got bored or felt as if something was repetitive because I was always doing something new. The game even made me laugh, which VERY FEW games have been able to do. I really did feel as if I was playing an Indiana Jones movie or one of my favorite books. I have not played the multiplayer or co-op which I am sure will be fun in their own right, but lets face it, this isn't COD; everyone buys this game for the single-player. I must say, this single-player is one of the best out their. Some of the critics complained it was more of the same, but I say why mess with perfection. If they make ANOTHER great story with MORE exciting scenes, what is to complain about. Yes, the gameplay is similar but I would not want drastically different anything, because why would you stray from the best reviewed ps3 game of all time? I cannot think of one bad thing to complain about, since they added the alternate shooting by listening to the fans. Expand
  97. May 21, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. From start to finish, single player to multiplayer, this game sings. The characters, the graphics, the sound, the story they're all top notch. If you're willing to skip Uncharted 3, be prepared to miss one of gaming's finest moments. Expand
  98. Aug 17, 2013
    Uncharted 1 and 2 were awesome.... 2 of my favorite games.... it pains me to say this but I feel that they phoned this one in just to make money...... No sense of depth or scale
  99. Nov 2, 2011
    I'm new to the Uncharted game franchise but as a new PS3 owner I have heard a lot about this game. I have been buying games like crazy lately and after reading so many positive reviews everywhere on this game I decided to go out today and make the impulse purchase. I was still very hesitant about his game since I read that so much is set on the story as I usually like to get right down toI'm new to the Uncharted game franchise but as a new PS3 owner I have heard a lot about this game. I have been buying games like crazy lately and after reading so many positive reviews everywhere on this game I decided to go out today and make the impulse purchase. I was still very hesitant about his game since I read that so much is set on the story as I usually like to get right down to business and skip all the movie like intros. I must say I'm not big on these type of gamesvthee days but I have been playing this all night and I am blown away. I can't remember ever being so into a story and felt so captivated. The entire thing fits right into the action so perfectly and rarely is there a dull moment. This is truly a stunning game that cannot be missed. The gameplay is exciting and the story, music, acting and graphics are some of the best I have ever seen. I'm so glad I got into this game and I can't wait to get lost in this day after day. Sure I have played so many great games in my time but I really do think that this is up here as one of he greatest all around games. This is the game of the year in my book for sure. Oh and just wait until you start up the online multiplayer I will blow you away like it continues to do to me. Expand
  100. Mar 17, 2014
    To start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it'sTo start I would like to say that no... I didn't play this game when it first came out, I only played it last week. But if the game really aged this badly in only 3 (or really more like 2) years then this has to be a contender for worst first party game ever made. But why is it so bad well let me start with the first thing seen about the game the title (I get it don't judge a book by it's cover but still) Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception and as the title suggests (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets infact, indeed, indubitably, deceived. But in all the other Uncharted games (SPOILERS!!!) Drake gets deceived then shouldn't it be more like: Uncharted Drake's Deception, Uncharted 2 Drake's Deception again, Uncharted 3 Drake you F*@#$^% idiot. But unfortunately this is the least of the game's problems because to be completely honest the best part about this game is the title screen infact I would rather just stare at the title screen for 6 1/2 hours then play this game for about just as long. But next I'll get the few good things about this thing out, the main theme is good all of the other music I can't remember but the main theme is good, the characters are generic but there not annoying or stupid... so better that then Last of Us, and also the graphics in the actual cutscenes are okey. But anything else ranges from bad to just plain garbage. I'll start with the story and... it's basically the same as the other Uncharted games, I'ld go more in depth but I don't want to have to click that contains spoilers box and I already have done quite a lot but what ever there's plenty more garbage that Naughty Dog dished out so don't worry about it. The control is just plain bad, it's infact so bad that I didn't even want to think that this game was a first party. What do I mean by this well firstly Nathan Drake who (SPOILERS!!!) is the main character of the game only jumps when he fricken feels like it, and you can't even imagine how annoying this is in a game like this when you are trying your best just to get Nathan to do a little kindergardener jump but instead he just head bangs like he's at a Nirvana concert. He also runs into invisible walls half the time when there's a cliff and the other half he just slips off like an idiot and goes plummeting to his death. Also for the fact that when your not aiming a gun the camera moves around like it's on speed, but once you aim a gun the camera then moves around like it's... well off of speed. And since the control is goins so much into the gameplay I might as well just go full in. So in terms of gameplay there are actually a lot of different kinds... of course they can't get any of them right though. First the swimming I hope you thought that Ocarina of Time was the best swimming was ever going to get because in Uncharted 3 it's worse. By this I mean that basically when you first start out in Ocarina of Time and when you first try to swim well imagine that except more stiff and a million people shooting instakill grenades at you. Then there is the climbing which just like the jumping only works when it feels like it. Some times the segments are as easy as spamming X while holding up and sometimes they just don't work and force you to exhaust every possible option until finally you get it right. But you know what the best part is? it's when you try to jump to something that seems obvious to get on but when you jump to them you go falling to your death again. Then there is of course the walk around like an idiot for 10 minutes to elongate gameplay while searching for something or just walking in a straight line. Oh but before I get to the actual combat I have to get to one of the best parts of the game... in game cutscenes. Oh my god are they hilarious because not only does the game begin to look worse while in these cutscenes but they also decide to give Nathan and (SPOILERS) Sully the ability to teleport into a completely different position durning one of these and then teleport back like nothing ever happened. Then the big one the fighting mechanics. First of all the melee combat, I will say it's not completely a cutscene but it's a button masher and a bad one at that. You can also apparently kill enemies by landing on them but it never worked for me except for the first level. The shooting as I mentioned before is very stiff and there have been times where I had to follow an enemy across the screen because the cursor moved like a slug. But of course with all of that obviously you should be assaulted by ten thousand responding enemies who can take sniper bullets to the head right. Well no but it's in the game anyway. But by far the worst part of the game is the fricken RPG's, because not only are they an instakill but they also will send Nathan into an omg something exploded remotely close to me animation if it explodes anywhere near you. And of course there are armored guys that take 200 hits to kill and can't be meleed. So in the end this game isn't worth a 10/10. Expand

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 6, 2012
    The characterisations by the actors is second to none and even though this tall-tale takes you to fantastical places and events, the script is never once unbelievable. You never feel like an outsider. If anything, you'll feel right at home, ensconced in the constant drama of this loveable cast of returning reprobates and reprehensible villains. [Dec 2011, p60]
  2. Feb 5, 2012
    It's more than just the best entry in an outstanding series though - it epitomises the very reason many of us play video games. And that's its greatest achievement.
  3. LEVEL (Czech Republic)
    Jan 20, 2012
    Only a few camera troubles stopped us from giving Drake's Deception the highest rating. Uncharted 3 is without doubt the best PS3 exclusive game of this year. [Dec 2011]