Unreal Tournament III PlayStation 3

7.7

1. EricH.
    Dec 30, 2007
    Excellent fast and furious gameplay; does a excellent job of replacing the spot Quake III did on the PS2. My only major complaint is the lack of offline split screen deathmatch; but I still don't feel this is worth lowering its overall score over.
  2. TheBigmac
    Jan 14, 2008
    If games like Ghost Recon as simulation, this is as arcade as it gets. And it's surprisingly refreshing. Fast like no other, instant fun like no other. You've got killed? Then respawn and go frag the bastard back. Unlike most campaign mode FPS games where they kill you and you have to tediously start the mission all over again, in here you just go for vengeance. I also enjoy If games like Ghost Recon as simulation, this is as arcade as it gets. And it's surprisingly refreshing. Fast like no other, instant fun like no other. You've got killed? Then respawn and go frag the bastard back. Unlike most campaign mode FPS games where they kill you and you have to tediously start the mission all over again, in here you just go for vengeance. I also enjoy that if you play the campaign mode and choose to play it as "public game", you will play and progress through the exact same campaign mode as "no public" with the difference that any given minute, any of your computer controlled teammates might be replaced by a real person who is also playing campaign somewhere in the world. My only gripe, no voice chat support. It's so gory, bloody and futuristic and at the same time it doesn't apologize for it. Loved it. My advice, rent it. If you like it, buy it. Expand
  3. TheTruth
    Jan 7, 2008
    I never played unreal before in the past and not a big fan of real-fast paced action shooter but after playing it I cant seem to put it down. If you like laser tag or capture the flag you will love this game.
  4. Ins0mn1acXIII
    Dec 13, 2007
    I've been a big fan of the unreal series for years and this is no disappointment. The game looks great and has been tweaked just enough to give a long-time fan a few "wow" moments. Overall, a great game. The only thing holding this back, though, is network bugs. I've even gotten kicked out of a solo game in campaign mode because it says it lost the connection to the server. I've been a big fan of the unreal series for years and this is no disappointment. The game looks great and has been tweaked just enough to give a long-time fan a few "wow" moments. Overall, a great game. The only thing holding this back, though, is network bugs. I've even gotten kicked out of a solo game in campaign mode because it says it lost the connection to the server. I'm sure the kinks will get worked out, but even with them, this is still a great game. Expand
  5. BeatrixK.
    Dec 14, 2007
    Wow!!! Awesome online Multiplayer. Make sure you have a good connection cause this baby FLIES!!! Closer to resistance style multiplayer than say COD4 or HALO3 But still as far as speed goes it makes even makes Chimera look like turtles. Play around with it for a few days to get the movement downa and you won't be able to put down the controller!
  6. A>T.
    Dec 16, 2007
    As for the gameplay itself, this game stands above all other shooters on any platform. It lacks gimmicks though like halo and CoD4, but if you want fast and furious gameplay, fantastic graphics, well designed levels, and a bunch of weapons that would be overpowered by themselves in any other game, get this.
  7. KillerD.
    Dec 19, 2007
    Fantastic game. There is no other fast-paced FPS like this on the PS3 or even Xbox 360 for that matter. The alien vehicles are amazing.
  8. MasJ.
    Jan 13, 2008
    One of the best games I have owned. I will keep it for a long time before trading this one in. Graphics are great, fast and smooth animattions, audio, bot AI, upgrades, weapons, vehicles, map design all great. Playing team DM with bots is really fun and will improve multiplayer skills for online. Downloadable user content is a great plus.
  9. Devon
    Dec 11, 2007
    Excellent PS3 game online or off. Not as great as CoD4, but a damn close second. A can't miss PS3 game along with Uncharted, Resistance, and Warhawk. Pretty damn close to it's PC counterpart, I do miss some of the levels but change doesn't hurt. I did notice slight slowdown in warfare but only when 12 people were in a HUGE open space. The hoverboard is a great addition. The Excellent PS3 game online or off. Not as great as CoD4, but a damn close second. A can't miss PS3 game along with Uncharted, Resistance, and Warhawk. Pretty damn close to it's PC counterpart, I do miss some of the levels but change doesn't hurt. I did notice slight slowdown in warfare but only when 12 people were in a HUGE open space. The hoverboard is a great addition. The BEST thing about UT on PS3 is thats its USB/ Bluetooth Keyboard and Mose compatible, for all those winers who hate fps's on gamepads. The microphone audio quality is the BEST in any online PS3 game, about the same as WoW's high quality chat system. A must buy for FPS fans or PS3 owners who want to brag to 360 owners that theirs comes out late 08'. Expand
  10. guilty1
    Dec 13, 2007
    Very Good Game. Probably the best FPS for the PS3 so far. Plays well, looks fantastic, no slowdown. Using the SixAxis is a little wonky, but it does support Mouse & Keyboard as well. If you like FPS and have a PS3, Get this Game.
  11. PhillyY.
    Dec 14, 2007
    People are complaining because UT3 has slowdown? Where? I've played it for at least 10 hours so far, single player and online and I've seen nearly none. Framerate is actually one of my big pluses for the title. People have to understand, Unreal Tournament is a PC series. Without mouse and keyboard or an suitable substitute, any FPS is broken and forced to use auto aim. UT3 People are complaining because UT3 has slowdown? Where? I've played it for at least 10 hours so far, single player and online and I've seen nearly none. Framerate is actually one of my big pluses for the title. People have to understand, Unreal Tournament is a PC series. Without mouse and keyboard or an suitable substitute, any FPS is broken and forced to use auto aim. UT3 doesn't fall into this pathetic trap by offering mouse and keyboard support and more important, PS3 has full splitfish FX support which is almost as good as mouse and keyboard and better than the Wiimote for FPS games. Play UT3 with the Speed Freak mutator with a splitfish and some of the kills you can accomplish are awe-inspiring. Similar skills without auto aim are nigh impossible to do with dual analog setups. This is a huge plus for the "twitch" shooter that is UTIII as the action can be lightning fast requiring split second reaction time. With that said, the graphics of UTIII are on par with the PC version but as it has been stated, the PC version is faster. But the PS3 version certainly isn't slow. The Unreal 3 engine is put to great use here even though many would point out the similarities to Gears of War. I guess that could be a negative depending on taste. The sound efx do standout more than the music as the effects for the weapons are nice and meaty. When you get killed with a shock combo, you'll definitely feel it in the sound as well as the graphic presentation. Unreal Tournament has always been a multiplayer affair and as such, the single player is more to get players accustomed to the new maps and newbies familiar with Unreal Tournament in general. Online representation is very straight forward and makes for finding games to join or hosting a very easy task. My matches online were very good and lag free at least 95 percent of the time. Unreal Tournament III is a great FPS that shows off the PS3's capabilities and offers a control scheme that is head and shoulders better than any other on any console bar none. Mouse and keyboard is proven superior and thanks to Epic for including the support for it can not be understand. Splitfish is a great alternative and the additional mod support can push the lifespan of the title until 2009 or beyond. I highly recommend it for FPS fans and Unreal fans that are Ps3 owners that don't want to upgrade their computers to run the PC version. Expand
  12. AndyK.
    Dec 14, 2007
    GREAT! Superb graphics (better than GoW), great sound,great gameplay,a perfect UT. Great job EPIC!!!
  13. PeterT
    Dec 17, 2007
    At first I was like hmmm. This game kinda is crappy when just playing the campaign, borish, mindless ect.. (i never played the other unreals, maybe like 4 min of the 1st one on PC)
    Then I started to play online and after playing for like 30 min i couldn't stop all this weekend. SO addictive. with this and COD4 it's like COD4 (hmm calming) UT3, (AAA CRACK, kill everything)
    Seriously though, the warzone multiplayer is awesome!
  14. JeFFA.
    Feb 24, 2008
    There are many reasons to own a PS3 but Unreal Tournament III is at the top of the list. Epic has brought PS3 owners Gears of War on steriods with this frantic fragfest. Graphics are superb and the controls are spot on. Tweak this smash hit with endless options. This is the wall all FPS should be.
  15. SimonB.
    Mar 12, 2008
    Haven't event touched the single player campaign because I cannot stop playing the online Multiplayer, its fantastic. And some of the bext graphics I have seen. Sure us consolers may take a few games to get use to the controls and fast paced action, but it is WELL worth it.
  16. MakMak
    Dec 11, 2007
    Played UT3 PS3 this evening, and all I can say, is WOW, Epic have done an epic job!! My mate has a high end PC, and the PS3 version looks as good, and even seems to play smoother... The controls work well, including SixAxis control, and the user created content is simply an awesome pull. Put simply, if Halo 3 scored a 9.0, this is definately a 10.0
  17. OfficerCartman
    Dec 13, 2007
    Old school action,fast paced and not had any lag online..A good release by epic.Couple of probs with voice-chat which can be fixed with a patch...good job...you like FPS then get it.
  18. DanTheMan
    Dec 15, 2007
    This game is indeed worthy of the Unreal Tournament name. The action is classic UT - fast and furious. The online play is very accessible and noob-friendly. It's also one of the best-looking console titles available. There are no frame rate problems with this game at all. Anyone complaining about that is clearly confusing frame rate with lag, (which the game occasionally has an issue This game is indeed worthy of the Unreal Tournament name. The action is classic UT - fast and furious. The online play is very accessible and noob-friendly. It's also one of the best-looking console titles available. There are no frame rate problems with this game at all. Anyone complaining about that is clearly confusing frame rate with lag, (which the game occasionally has an issue with if your connection is too slow). The game plays great online and off. You can't go wrong if you're a fan of first-person-shooters. Expand
  19. Sep 21, 2010
    Despite the fact that this game was released in 2007, it hasn't lost much in the passing three years. Quake and Unreal are unlike other games due to the speed so if you like the military shooters like CoD of MoH, then you'd best look elsewhere because you will have your ass handed to you here. With a decent amount of PS3 downloadable content (including Master Chief from the HaloDespite the fact that this game was released in 2007, it hasn't lost much in the passing three years. Quake and Unreal are unlike other games due to the speed so if you like the military shooters like CoD of MoH, then you'd best look elsewhere because you will have your ass handed to you here. With a decent amount of PS3 downloadable content (including Master Chief from the Halo series...if you can find it), Unreal still gives you a something new. If you've just bought your PS3 then it is a must buy game for shooter fans. You'll be able to find it for around $10-15 and you can still find online gamers playing single matches or campaign matches.
    I highly recommend this one. Time has not diminished this game in any playable sense.
  20. Jun 7, 2012
    This game is great its a fast paced first person shooter like team fortress and quake the campaign isn't not very good however because it is the same thing as multiplayer but that's not all bad because the multiplayer is addictive this game has classic unforgettable modes and modes that are unique with all that being said the weapons and vehicles are cool too and every weapon has secondaryThis game is great its a fast paced first person shooter like team fortress and quake the campaign isn't not very good however because it is the same thing as multiplayer but that's not all bad because the multiplayer is addictive this game has classic unforgettable modes and modes that are unique with all that being said the weapons and vehicles are cool too and every weapon has secondary fire this game is dirt cheap now and worth a buy Expand
  21. Mar 25, 2013
    10-Presentation; The menu's are well laid out and the story is overall decent for a multiplayer focused game.
    10-Graphics; Beautiful art style, excellent animations and textures, and amazing lighting and particle effects
    10-Sound; Everything from music, voice acting, and sound effects is excellent. 10-Game play; From the excellently designed levels, terrific controls and mechanics, and
    10-Sound; Everything from music, voice acting, and sound effects is excellent.
    10-Game play; From the excellently designed levels, terrific controls and mechanics, and incredible AI. The game play succeeds.
    10-Lasting appeal; There's tons of modes, maps, weapons, modifiers, etc.
    Overall-10/10
  22. Sep 22, 2014
    This game is awesome! The replay value is extremely high. I have beaten the campaign many times and it never gets old. The campaign can be beaten in under 4 hours if you are skilled. There's plenty of weapons and vehicles to choose from. The game play is sic. Its a shame they took down the servers recently though since the online portion of the game was also a lot of fun.

1. Even though the PC version runs faster, Unreal Tournament III for the PlayStation 3 is an outstanding first-person shooter. All of Tournament's frenetic action stays intact, both in the jam-packed single player campaign and numerous multiplayer modes. The graphics explode onto the screen with little loss in detail.
  2. Long-time fans are essentially playing the same game rebuilt with a new graphics engine. But, do not fret – the gameplay is still whole-heartedly entertaining. For PS3 fans, the large-scale combat is particularly the most intriguing part to experience online.
    One of the highlights of the year for Net-connected PS3 owners. For many, this will be a fresh experience, lessening the impact of the modest mode options and lack of some fan favorites from prior versions. At the same time, the lessons learned over the years of iteration and the sparkling new graphics engine make this the latest and greatest version for fans of the series.