7.1

1. IanI.
    Jan 29, 2007
    This game is compleatly underwhelming. Its not fun and the RPG elements are poorly done. Its BG: DA if they took everything good out.
  2. stevej
    Jan 24, 2010
    A camera that is so bad that it must have been intentionally designed that way. Kudos! Indescribably bad camera. The other elements are not good either, but you could almost have fun button mashing with your 7-year-old son (like I was trying), but the camera.. oh... my .. goodness. Terrible.
  3. Andyman
    Dec 10, 2006
    I'll start this by saying that I am a HUGE fan of this genre (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2, Champions of Norrath 1&2, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes)... and this is easily the worst game in the genre, EVER. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom somehow manages to be no fun whatsoever to play, despite being on the most powerful game console on the planet. I'll start this by saying that I am a HUGE fan of this genre (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1&2, Champions of Norrath 1&2, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes)... and this is easily the worst game in the genre, EVER. Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom somehow manages to be no fun whatsoever to play, despite being on the most powerful game console on the planet. Heck, even the 2 visually underwhelming PSP releases of Untold Legends are vastly superior to Dark Kingdom! Where is the item customization? Why are there no secret places in each level? Why is there no gold? Why are there no shops? Why are there only 3 lousy character types (and no character customization at all)? This game would be a big fat ZERO were it not for its somewhat improved visuals. Here's hoping Snowblind Studios comes to the rescue and releases a worthy next-gen action-RPG game that doesn't involve a comic-book license. Is that too much to ask? Expand
  4. Apr 5, 2014
    Just started playing it on most difficult lvl on co-op and not done yet. It does get a bit monotonous and you don't have time in between levels to wander around and level up. The game takes you straight through action in a linear fashion. The game is entertaining enough for me to say I really like it, but my biggest problem throughout is that the view during battle is always obstructed byJust started playing it on most difficult lvl on co-op and not done yet. It does get a bit monotonous and you don't have time in between levels to wander around and level up. The game takes you straight through action in a linear fashion. The game is entertaining enough for me to say I really like it, but my biggest problem throughout is that the view during battle is always obstructed by the trees. That just kills the whole game for me. Although you can use the right toggle to move the camera, it doesn't help; the trees are always blocking your view or some other type of wall. The blocking mechanism doesn't even seem to help as you can just get hit from behind or by a stronger enemy. it's an alright game, but I wouldn't give it much worth as you can get more annoyed by the lack of effort the game makers put into perfecting the gameplay. you also can't use items to restore health anywhere, but you can only spend yellow orbs at a save point to gain health. Expand

If people are looking for a true next gen action RPG experience, they're not going to find it here. Plagued with current gen issues and repetitive combat, Dark Kingdom feels like it was ported over to the PS3 from a pre-existing console.
  2. From the experience of killing bugs, to the last-gen graphics, and the unfinished gameplay I would say skip this one entirely. That is unless you’re an Action RPG freak who has the ability to play online.
    To be fair, Dark Kingdom doesn't have any single game-destroying flaw, except perhaps for that murderous bastard camera. It's an average, if occasionally very frustrating example of a genre that's abundantly represented on other platforms.