6.4

1. Feb 23, 2013
    First off, let me say this: screw the critics. Urban trials is a fun, challenging game in the same vain as Trials HD on the Xbox. I will admit that its a watered down clone and it doesn't have the same personality but it is still fun and that is all that counts. The graphics are early PS3, the frame rate does tend to stutter at times, and the background chatter is annoying. Early in theFirst off, let me say this: screw the critics. Urban trials is a fun, challenging game in the same vain as Trials HD on the Xbox. I will admit that its a watered down clone and it doesn't have the same personality but it is still fun and that is all that counts. The graphics are early PS3, the frame rate does tend to stutter at times, and the background chatter is annoying. Early in the game, it is nearly impossible to get a fast run time and it is nearly impossible to do a basic flip because the bike you are given is slow and heavy but after a few runs you will have enough money to pimp out your bike (and rider) and things get much faster at that point. I love the urban street setting, riding across cars, tractors, and having the highway collapse under my bike is cool. This game is not perfect but it is fun and it is worth the price. Check out the demo and see for yourself. Expand
  2. Sep 21, 2013
    Good: It is a good entertainment.
    Bad: The truth is that is really "cheap" game at several levels. So I did one question to myself: "Why paying for this game when you can play free on internet similar games (with the same graphics)?
  3. Feb 26, 2013
    If you love Trials HD or Evolution, then this game isn't for you! The graphics are OK, but terrible physics and bad controls make this wannabe a must avoid at all costs affair. If you have never played any of the Trials on Xbox then you may even like this! but play Trials first and then play this I guarantee you will hate this shameless rip off.
  4. Apr 11, 2013
    This game is a blast. Quick paced, challenging and addicting. The physics felt spot on and the different bike setups was a nice touch. High replay value.
  5. Feb 24, 2013
    I played Trials 2 on steam and it was fun. So i decided to get Urban Trials. And I'm really enjoying this game. The bike controls and the tracks are easy to learn but hard to master, the setting feels very much like Motorstorm. I don't know why this game got so many bad reviews. Please don't listen to them and try it out for yourself.
  6. Mar 7, 2013
    I never deleted a PSN or xbox live game, but this game is so bad, it deserve it. OK, I did deleted some, but based on a hdd space issue. The game physics is terrible, it prevents you from falling but with a set threshold. Both game modes are not enjoyable, but the stunt mode just wins the wtf award. for instance, in Deep crisis, fist trick is a flip, i can't even pull off one full flipI never deleted a PSN or xbox live game, but this game is so bad, it deserve it. OK, I did deleted some, but based on a hdd space issue. The game physics is terrible, it prevents you from falling but with a set threshold. Both game modes are not enjoyable, but the stunt mode just wins the wtf award. for instance, in Deep crisis, fist trick is a flip, i can't even pull off one full flip but leaderboard shows a 13294 degre flip! Could it be i'm just not good enough? Nope, this game was made to cash in on ps3 gamers waiting for trials HD, and then let them down with this subpar excuse of a trial game. Expand
  7. Feb 27, 2013
    I played Trials HD on my friend x-box, now got Urban Trial Freestyle on PS3 and i must say i'm very positively surprised! Critics compare it so much to Trials yes its the same genre but a whole different game. Controls are perfect for me easy at start but hard to master and earn 5 stars. I recommend it especially to play with friends.
  8. Mar 23, 2013
    I've finished both PS3 and Vita versions.. they are very good. waiting for some dlc or additional maps. Also cant wait for iOS version! A must have for me!
  9. Jul 9, 2013
    Wow I have read the reviews and who ever is saying that this game is good simply hasn't played Trials HD /Trials Evolution for Xbox 360. The gameplay is choppy (inconsistent frame rate), the physics are frustratingly unrealistic (which, in my opinion should be the heart and soul of any skill-based trial game) and cash rewards to upgrade your bike are based on finding hidden money bags, notWow I have read the reviews and who ever is saying that this game is good simply hasn't played Trials HD /Trials Evolution for Xbox 360. The gameplay is choppy (inconsistent frame rate), the physics are frustratingly unrealistic (which, in my opinion should be the heart and soul of any skill-based trial game) and cash rewards to upgrade your bike are based on finding hidden money bags, not based on skill rewarded gameplay. This game demonstrates overall poor developmental execution, considering it is made out to be the ps3 version equivalent to RedLynx's successful Trials franchise. I love ps3 and Xbox 360 equally, so don't get all butt hurt over this review if you think I'm an Xbox fanboy. Try it for yourself and you will see that Urban Trials Freestyle is a shameless, brutal attempt to mimic the playability of RedLynx's masterpiece. Trust me, I really wanted this game to be awesome and gave it an honest chance, but was quite disappointed. Who on earth are writing these reviews to say this could score any higher than a potential 4/10? To say UTF is even a flash in the pan compared to the nuclear bomb of pure uncompromising fun gameplay of THD/TE would be an insult to any coherent human being's intelligence. I cannot believe IGN actually gave this game a good review, and only makes me feel like something was going on under the table between them and the developer to make people think it is worth buying. Don't waste your money. Expand

1. Jun 4, 2013
    I wouldn't classify this as a must-play title, but if you're starved for a Trials HD experience on a non-Microsoft platform, Urban Trial Freestyle does just enough to do the trick.
  2. May 13, 2013
    Controls are not as superb as in Trials Evolution, physics engine not as perfectly precise and the challenges not as insanely over the top. That’s why Urban Trial Freestyle is a rival for Joe Danger rather than Trials Evolution. [CD-Action 06/2013, p.75]
  3. Apr 13, 2013