Warriors: Legends of Troy PlayStation 3

6.7

1. Apr 13, 2011
    I think this game is better than critics say they are. They are are just thinking this is just another Dynasty Warriors (which im a HUGE fan of) and if I may remind you most of the DW games have gotten bad reviews. So I'm guessing they don't like the DW genre. The graphics are pretty good, but not as good as other games. The voice work and sounds are very good making you feel like you areI think this game is better than critics say they are. They are are just thinking this is just another Dynasty Warriors (which im a HUGE fan of) and if I may remind you most of the DW games have gotten bad reviews. So I'm guessing they don't like the DW genre. The graphics are pretty good, but not as good as other games. The voice work and sounds are very good making you feel like you are there, the sound of weapons and shields making it very realistic. As for the gameplay I'm sure you know but it is a hack/slash game (which basically means your going to be pressing the same button alot) But it is different. You have to hit at a right time if you want to preform a finisher otherwise it will take the point of the idea of a combo system away. So my review is, graphics 8/10, sound, 9/10, gameplay 8/10. i hope this helped you make a smart choice of how much you spend on this game. Expand
  2. Mar 20, 2011
    I bought this and dragon age 2 (One of the biggest games out right now) and im playing Warriors Legends of Troy ALOT more! Its just so fun, i studied the illiad for my A Levels and its arrucate to an extent but tbh id rather have it fun than 100% accurate. Graphics - 8/10
    The graphics are good, not excellent but i couldn't find a fault with them.
    Sound - 8/10 Men shouting, the clang of
    The graphics are good, not excellent but i couldn't find a fault with them.

Sound - 8/10
    Men shouting, the clang of weapons, the smash of shields and screams of pain. It really emerges you and realistic

Game play - 9/10
    Each mission has a character you play as and you sometimes get a small army of around 20-40 people following you to help, you can use special finisher moves on enemy's, different ones unique to each character. Its just fun =]

AI - 9/10
    They arnt like other games where they sit and wait for you to attack, they attack randomly and the special enemies on hard are quite hard to kill at times with a army fighting around you. They dont all go after you nor do they all ignore you, its like a genuine war. Fighting all around you

Normally when i get a game i trade it in pretty quick as soon as i get a little bored to get a brand new game for around £10. This game is joining my collection of never trade in, only which 5 other games are a part of. Its one of those games where your in a mood for fun, not graphics, not story (although the story is good) its just a game you can relax and play or have a challenge on harder difficulties. Also what i found unique is by completing the game on different difficulties you can unlock cheats, which i miss from older gen games. Ignore "professional" critics. They just rave about generic titles from well known companies. This game proves that lesser known companies can produce gems. I just hope this game sells wonderfully to show the developer how amazing this game is.
  3. Oct 5, 2011
    Don't let the critics fool you. I don't understand why this game received such bad reviews. What's not to like? The cutscenes are great, there's ton of production value (it's clear to me that they really wanted to offer a great job in portraying the Greek culture during the Trojan Wars). The game plays nicely, the graphics are very good and I really had a LOT OF FUN with it. I thinkDon't let the critics fool you. I don't understand why this game received such bad reviews. What's not to like? The cutscenes are great, there's ton of production value (it's clear to me that they really wanted to offer a great job in portraying the Greek culture during the Trojan Wars). The game plays nicely, the graphics are very good and I really had a LOT OF FUN with it. I think critics are getting kind of prejudicial towards Tecmo-Koey, assuming any game will be s...t. Not the case here, trust me. This is a very good game. Expand

1. May 18, 2011
    The developers have done an admirable job at retelling this classic story. The twists to the Dynasty Warriors formula ensure the game is fun to play, although it could do with some more variation.
  2. Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
    May 6, 2011
    Dumb fun boils over into awful stew when we, as the Greek Achilles, are forced to stab toes during a two-part and cliche-addled boss fight against a giant statue complete with respawning zombie minions, quick-time events, and enough hamartia to choke mighty Zeus himself. [June 2011, p.75]
  3. May 4, 2011
    Beyond the unusual setting for KOEI, Warrios: Legends of Troy proves to be a mediocre product completely unable of innovating nor improving the software house's quality standards. Just like any Dynasty Warrios, Legends of Troy is in fact boring and extremely repetitive.