WWE 2K14 PlayStation 3

7.5

1. Nov 1, 2013
    I'm a massive wrestling fan and I have been ever since I can remember so from a wrestling fans point of view, this game is everything you could possibly want! The roster is massive and it has something for everyone, from the likes of Hogan and Andre to Austin and The Rock, right up to guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.The game itself is very similar to WWE'13, the people about this gameI'm a massive wrestling fan and I have been ever since I can remember so from a wrestling fans point of view, this game is everything you could possibly want! The roster is massive and it has something for everyone, from the likes of Hogan and Andre to Austin and The Rock, right up to guys like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.The game itself is very similar to WWE'13, the people about this game clearly can't comprehend the fact that this is still a THQ game with the 2K logo plastered all over it, you cannot expect to see 2Ks input until next years title at the very least. However, the game modes such as WWE Universe and 30 Years of WrestleMania make this game very entertaining, with a lot of archive footage being used to tell the stories of each match. As for the creative side of things, I'd say this years game is the best ever, there have been numerous improvements to the CAW mode, players allowed to now use in-game wrestlers like Jericho and Punk as a template, Create-A-Finisher and Create-an-Arena are still as strong as they were in the previous titles so there's a lot to offer for those people that are into the creative side of things.

Overall I'd say this game is great! I'd recommend it to anyone who is a hardcore wrestling fan or even someone who is just a casual fan, it's very entertaining and worth the £35 price tag.
  2. Nov 5, 2013
    I think that this game is fantastic and has pretty good game play. The graphics are like last year's game but, made it more different to play. They have changed the reversal system a lot and it won't take forever to attack. The AI has improved very well. The AI stands out mostly in the Defeat the Streak and Defend the Streak. It is more difficult and gives players more of a challenge toI think that this game is fantastic and has pretty good game play. The graphics are like last year's game but, made it more different to play. They have changed the reversal system a lot and it won't take forever to attack. The AI has improved very well. The AI stands out mostly in the Defeat the Streak and Defend the Streak. It is more difficult and gives players more of a challenge to play. The story mode is still short but, the Streak mode is making it longer. This game is amazing and now I can't wait until next year's game. I think that they should spend a few years on the game instead of one because the game would be the best. This game was really good and I enjoyed it a lot. Even when you beat the story mode like me, there are other modes to play. Expand
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    You guys who reviewed this game are not fans of wrestling. You hate it so you wanna bury this game. Shame on you. Not everybody is as cool as the call it dooty obsessers. This game plays exactly like last years and the new 30 Year...mode is great for the nostalgic fan. This game is a great wrestling game and if you disagree your doing it just to be hateful. Ign gave it a 9. They may knowYou guys who reviewed this game are not fans of wrestling. You hate it so you wanna bury this game. Shame on you. Not everybody is as cool as the call it dooty obsessers. This game plays exactly like last years and the new 30 Year...mode is great for the nostalgic fan. This game is a great wrestling game and if you disagree your doing it just to be hateful. Ign gave it a 9. They may know more than you guys. I meant the ones who trashed reviewed it not everyone. Expand
  4. Jan 18, 2014
    This game is overall is very good. Being a young WWE fan (I've only been a fan since 2010), the "30 Years of WrestleMania" mode is a very great historical part of the game, if you're a new fan, or just need a refresher, like I said, it's a very great historical part of the game. Now aside from that, the creative suite I think is fantastic! The only thing I wish the game had is the customThis game is overall is very good. Being a young WWE fan (I've only been a fan since 2010), the "30 Years of WrestleMania" mode is a very great historical part of the game, if you're a new fan, or just need a refresher, like I said, it's a very great historical part of the game. Now aside from that, the creative suite I think is fantastic! The only thing I wish the game had is the custom entrance videos from '12 and '13. But other than that, the creative suite is my favorite part. The graphics are terrific, the commentary could use some more work, the gameplay itself is smoother than past games, and the overall game experience is just great fun! 2K Games did a very good job and I can't wait to see what's going to come in WWE 2K15! Expand
  5. Jul 2, 2014

I hope to see what are 2k going to do at wwe 2k15
  6. Jan 2, 2015
    Big roster, 30 years of wrestlemania is the most solid campaign a wwe game has ever had, customization is great(creating belts, customizing attires, creating superstars and using different heads from real life wwe superstars,etc). Also, earning trophies in this game is addicting.
  7. Oct 30, 2015
    it´s very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very veryit´s very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very good Expand
  8. Aug 28, 2016
    The best wwe game on ps3 certainly better than wwe2k15 ps3 because wwe2k14 has a bunch of creation modes u can import your own music .90 % Of The creation modes in wwe2k14 r not in wwe2k15 ps3 so my advice for ps3 wwe gamers stick with wwe2k14
  9. Dec 1, 2013
    The game is good, addicting and generally a lot of fun to play. A lot of improvements has been made since the last game even though this game has a few glitches it is still a good game with the wrestlemania mode which was good and Universe mode which I spend most my time doing after I completed 30 years of wrestlemania the roster is good however they're missing some crucial wrestlers thatThe game is good, addicting and generally a lot of fun to play. A lot of improvements has been made since the last game even though this game has a few glitches it is still a good game with the wrestlemania mode which was good and Universe mode which I spend most my time doing after I completed 30 years of wrestlemania the roster is good however they're missing some crucial wrestlers that should of been added in but it is still a great game. Expand
  10. Nov 2, 2013
    More of the same but that's no bad thing, The most fun I have had so far is inviting a friend over to play in a tornado tag (my friend has never played a WWE wrestling game before) and the results were highly entertaining along with some harsh language.
    The ideal after pub game
  11. May 6, 2014
    WWE 2K14 is very similar to WWE 13 still but with a few new features, don't get me wrong though its still fun to play especially with Defeat the Streak and 30 Years of Wrestlemania. It has many unlockables of the same people just their old attires and stuff like that, they should have had better unlockables and more dlc in my opinion. The commentary is just plain stupid sometimes, I justWWE 2K14 is very similar to WWE 13 still but with a few new features, don't get me wrong though its still fun to play especially with Defeat the Streak and 30 Years of Wrestlemania. It has many unlockables of the same people just their old attires and stuff like that, they should have had better unlockables and more dlc in my opinion. The commentary is just plain stupid sometimes, I just hope that WWE 2K15 has improved gameplay and isn't too similar to this as well MUCH improved comentary! Expand
  12. Jul 8, 2014
    Out of all the WWE games, this one is the best so far. There's a superstar templete on CAW. Though, the only thing I dislike about it is that they don't have the custom entrance video anymore. But it's a good game. So, yeah. This game is actually awesome.
  13. Jan 14, 2015
    In my opinion, WWE's best effort in the video game genre is defiantly this game, the roster ranges with over 100 wrestlers, a great story mode and nice graphics.
  14. Apr 28, 2015
    I got this game for Christmas after I held onto SvR 2010 for too long. 3 weeks later, I finished the game. Story-mode wise, that is. I've played WWE '13 sometimes, but my money goes to 2K14. The reason for this is because of the huge roster + DLC, which is, I think, the biggest of the series; there are a lot of match types (some of which I didn't even get to try yet, I've been addicted toI got this game for Christmas after I held onto SvR 2010 for too long. 3 weeks later, I finished the game. Story-mode wise, that is. I've played WWE '13 sometimes, but my money goes to 2K14. The reason for this is because of the huge roster + DLC, which is, I think, the biggest of the series; there are a lot of match types (some of which I didn't even get to try yet, I've been addicted to Tables matches), The Streak mode is a pretty fun additional mechanic, also I really like those mini-documentaries that were made for the "30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode, really well done. Also worth noting the big overhaul on character, finisher, arena, championship, entrance and move set customization. It's kind of a shame that the
    "30 Years of Wrestlemania" mode is so short and easy to beat. Took me about 6 hours to do everything in that mode. Online is a nightmare, takes about 1 second for the command to respond, and the host ALWAYS wins. AI is pretty dumb, sometimes it gets stuck walking towards a ladder or even a corner. Gameplay wise, it's pretty nice, really easy to adapt from other wrestling games, but it's a real downer when you're trying to hit another opponent, because it often doesn't detect him. Overall, it's a great game, casuals will have some fun out of it, and fans will very much enjoy it, unlike stupid 2K15.
  15. Oct 29, 2013
    What everyone must remember is that this game has been partly developed by the now defunct THQ meaning that the core game is still very similar to its previous iteration WWE 13. This means that anyone looking for a major overhaul of the games mechanics is going to be disappointed. However what is here is sure to please all wrestling fans and if you enjoy WWE 13 a lot then this game will beWhat everyone must remember is that this game has been partly developed by the now defunct THQ meaning that the core game is still very similar to its previous iteration WWE 13. This means that anyone looking for a major overhaul of the games mechanics is going to be disappointed. However what is here is sure to please all wrestling fans and if you enjoy WWE 13 a lot then this game will be a no brainer for you. For everyone else it may be better waiting for WWE 2K15 as this will be the game that shows us where 2K games is going to take the series from here on out. Expand
  16. Nov 19, 2013
    Graphic: A graphical improvement from WWE13 some wrestlers look more realistic while others look like clay figures. Still an advancement in the engine, and everything else looks believable. 9.

Sound: Similar to WWE13's attitude era, the 30 years of Wrestlemania mode has voices clips used from the show. They sync in just fine and it makes the game feel more like a WWE game. The soundtrack is once again entrance music, and some of the music cuts, but finally this game allows for custom soundtracks on the PS3. 8.5.

Gameplay: The gameplay mechanics from WWE13 return and are definitely improved. The pinning is improved and simpler. The in game WWE history events are much more interesting, and the wrestling moves are as realistic as the show. The reversing still annoys me because sometimes the timing says I'm off but I know I hit it on time, online it doesn't help when there's lag. The game still needs dedicated servers, but other than that this truly is a superb wrestling game. 9.

Story: 30 years of Wrestlemania, and new modes such as defeat/defend the streak. This game is an improvement from last years Attitude Era. Although more Wrestling footage would have been appreciated especially at the last few matches. Every match in my opinion should show a hype up trailer of real footage, such as the rivalry between the wrestlers. 8.

Replay Value: While the Wrestlmania mode is short, the game has a lot of replay value for a local party game. Also, multiplayer never gets old, I would recommend this game to any wrestling fan. Definitely one of the best rosters in any wrestling game to date. 10.

Overall Score: 8.9 out of 10.
  17. Nov 24, 2013
    Not the best wrestling game I've played, but, the improved mechanics and the 30 years of wrestlemania mode makes up for the negatives. Don't buy unless you're a diehard wrestling fan. Graphics could have been better, lets see what 2k has in store for us next year.
  18. Oct 19, 2014
    WWE 2K14 is and authentic and comprehensive WWE videogame experience and the first release in the flagship WWE videogame franchise for the 2K Sports lineup.
  19. Oct 25, 2015
    I beat the game on problably 8-10 hours, but WWE 2K14 was the game that I've gave the game a lot of money it was worth every penny for this game. If you're the big fan, get it now.
  20. Nov 26, 2015
    My personal favorite wwe game *prepares for hate*. This game had an amazing roster, soundtrack, story mode, and gameplay. Creating maps is a lot of fun too. Only bad thing about this game? the many glitches.
  21. Nov 12, 2013
    You'd have to really love wrestling to enjoy this game.

You'd have to really love wrestling to enjoy this game.

It's selling point it basically The Streak mode and 30 Years of wrestlemania mode. Other than that you've played this game before. The gameplay is still as average as ever and the online world is still full of people with no interest in playing a fun game, but just winning by the most boring move spamming ways possible. Why you want to be ranked highly in a game that sports about 30 people online at once at it's peak is beyond me.

Wrestling fans will continue to have to wait for a decent competitive game, this is not it.

7 out of 10 for me, but I'd imagine if you're a lot younger and have no nostalgia from the early wrestle manias, you're probably not going to enjoy this all that much.

WWE 13's Attidtude Era stuff was a lot more fun, WWE 12's gameplay was a lot better (i think that was the one where you could easily counter running moves)

One good thing is the servers seem to be a lot better. They're still complete and utter rubbish compared to most games, but I managed to download about 40 wrestlers in an hour, last year that would have taken me months of pain and fury.
  22. May 27, 2014
    As I am european I'm not in to these show wrestling things but WWE 2K14's create modes are in console fantastic and very well detailed. Also 30 of Wrestlemania kind of surprised my expectations. So well done, I would say. Worth of buying and a big surpise.
  23. Oct 30, 2013
    This game is rather similar to WWE 13 in game mechanics. You get the best roster, to date, tweaks to every mode from last year and the awesome, new 30 years of Wrestlemania mode that is a beefed up version of Attitude Era from 13.

The "good": Legend roster that is incredible (Some glaring omissions like Piper, aside). More moves. 30 years mode is a blast. NWO!!! Better Universe mode (rivalries easier to set up). Tweaked gameplay to make striking and reversals better. Hard mode is MUCH harder than WWE 13 hard mode. Tons of unlockables. Same online components. Fink!!

The "bad": same stupid issues not fixed like: Game may have moveset for a legend CAW but leave out entrance animations and vice versa (STUPID!)! Piper is in videos and is a special ref but not a character even though you can half-ass create him (although they don't add his name for announcers). There really are no new features or modes worth mentioning outside of 30 Years of WM. The AI still stinks, at times, as they still shuffle around awkwardly. Audio commentary continues to be awful with JR, Lawler and Cole repetitive, wrong and awful at times. Can't edit existing roster outfits (or I haven't figured it out) so Daniel Bryan can have his Yes! Entrance but wears the No jacket. Also, no create a PPV mode.

Overall, it is worth a look if you are an old school fan. Roster is great, AI tweaks make matches more enjoyable so far. But, lots of core problems still need addressed.
  24. Jan 17, 2014
    As a long-time player of wrestling games, WWE 2k14 offers very little in the way of something new due to time constraints and thus it's a real shame to buy this game at full-price just for a modified roster and a few bells and whistles. By no means is this a bad game but it is in essence WWE '13 which, if you played to death already, you will tire of. However, The Streak andAs a long-time player of wrestling games, WWE 2k14 offers very little in the way of something new due to time constraints and thus it's a real shame to buy this game at full-price just for a modified roster and a few bells and whistles. By no means is this a bad game but it is in essence WWE '13 which, if you played to death already, you will tire of. However, The Streak and Wrestlemania-based career mode does provide a great look at the legends and stories of old even if it does stay in the same sort of vein as the previous entry in terms of presentation. Expand
  25. Jan 25, 2016
    I really enjoyed this game I feel more so when WWE 2K15 came out because that was so god awful I began playing 2K14 more often. Yes their are a few minor bugs such as when I go to perform Old School with Undertaker his feet go through the ropes. The best part of this is The Streak I spent ages trying to defeat The Undertaker and got constantly annoyed until I finally did it.
  26. Jun 11, 2014
    Yes, it might as well be called "Super WWE '13". We all knew that, thanks to THQ tanking, the game would have nearly no improvement at all. Maybe it's because I really don't care, but I don't see how the Wrestlemania story mode is any different from the Attitude Era mode from the last game.
    I guess between THQ kicking the bucket and relieving moments from Wrestlemania, no one's really complaining. Otherwise, in a perfect society, this game would get the same treatment MW3 got. Then again, WWE 2K14 wasn't nearly a rehash as that game and it's still as fun to play as WWE '13.
    Whatever, here's hoping WWE 2K15 will finally be the game we've been waiting for...
  27. Jul 8, 2014
    this is 2ks first wwe game.for there first game they have done a good job.the 30 years of wrestle mania mode was a good story mode in this years game.the graphics are no different to wwe 13 but next year should look stunning on next gen consoles.there is a lot of hacking but if you find a decent game it will be fun.creating superstars or divas has loads of options for customization and isthis is 2ks first wwe game.for there first game they have done a good job.the 30 years of wrestle mania mode was a good story mode in this years game.the graphics are no different to wwe 13 but next year should look stunning on next gen consoles.there is a lot of hacking but if you find a decent game it will be fun.creating superstars or divas has loads of options for customization and is always fun to make a silly person.this games not a must buy but a very good one to pick up. Expand
  28. Jul 5, 2015
    WWE 2k14
    just another sports game
    this is the first wwe game 2k has put their name on and I’m disappointed that they tried absolutely nothing new Everything you got in wwe 13 is here the creative modes are still the exact same since WWE Smack down shut your mouth good thing hair styles and clothing styles haven’t changed since 2002 everything is so outdated that created superstars
    WWE 2k14
    just another sports game
    Everything you got in wwe 13 is here
    good thing hair styles and clothing styles haven’t changed since 2002
    everything is so outdated that created superstars stick out like a sore thumb
    everything is pixilated,
    this game was released at the end of 2013, why are we still dealing with this crap
    I feel like wwe games look as good as they are ever going to look, and that’s really sad as they don’t look that great at all…
    I remember playing the smackdown games every year on Christmas and being so impressed with the advancements, since the smackdown series, the games developers kindve just hit the snooze button
    WWE 2k14s star of the show is 30 years of WrestleMania, this mode is just like wwe 13s story mode, but rather than focusing on story, you get random highlights of every WrestleMania from WrestleMania 1 through 29
    I loved reliving history, but towards the end, particularly in the universe section of the game, the matches were pretty boring and I’m not sure why they deserved the highlight they were given.
    while I can appreciate this mode being here, I’d like to see wwe games go back to actually creating a unique story arch
    otherwise you risk loss of care and momentum like I experienced due to the 0% interest I had after WrestleMania 23
    nothing was accomplished here other than a history lesson…
    but this wasn’t the entire time… the first half felt very connected like torches were being passed.. And then it all just fell apart as I fell asleep.
    WWE universe or gm mode is back where you can set up your own calendar and create your own stories, wwe online is back but servers are scheduled to go down this year, and hardly work in the laggy condition they’re in now, so yeah.. Don’t even expect to get anything out of that mode.
    There is a streak mode where you attempt to rack up as many points as you can while you attempt to end the undertakers undefeated streak before wwe destroy WrestleMania’s selling point by letting brock lesner do it, and then the opposite where you play as the undertaker and attempt to defeat as many random opponents as you can
    The roster is a little bit better as there aren’t as many repeats, but still only a little better, nothing close to the smackdown rosters in the ps2 era, but with a history of 30 years rather than the 15 we got in the last game, there is much more variety.
    and basic boring match types are back.
    basically WWE 2k14 is the same game it’s been since 2008 but with reversals that feel half of a second off which for me at least really ruins the overall game play experience.
    Out of all multiplayer games, I’m best at WWE games, and still found the gameplay frustrating as the games timing seemed off for reversal window…
    when I got reversals I felt lucky rather than feeling in flow like I have in the past.
    take that how you will.
    The only redeeming quality of this game is WrestleMania mode, but still only about 80% of it is any good.

I was a huge fan of these games and had so much fun with them for years, but until 2k changes the formula, I’m hanging up my boots.
  29. Jun 21, 2016
    I bought this game nearly a year ago having not bought a single WWE wrestling game since Smackdown vs Raw 2008. I don't know why but I decided to get back into it at the time.

Graphics wise the game hardly improved, which was pathetic given the 6 year gap between them. Made me assume that there was a lot of rinse and repeat in this department between these years but I could easily be wrong. The gameplay wasn't all that impressive either, hardly any improvement since 2008 with the reverse button at times being awkward and I'm unsure whether the pin minigame was in previous titles but to me it didn't make sense to time it as much as mash it. You could get pinned, even if the zone is very big and easy to time the kick out within, after a single soft attack. One knock down which is soft and hypothetically you can get pinned because you can't time the kick-out, rather than mashing it? What the hell was this about? Just thought it didn't make sense in the slightest.

What I will say though is that I thoroughly enjoyed 30 Years Of WrestleMania which summed WrestleMania in the past 3 decades well, without the matches being too time-consuming nor short. The information on the loading screen prior to the match, as well as the varied graphic representation within them - to represent each of these eras - really helped me grasp the context and importance of each of these pivotal matches in the history of the industry. I'm certainly not someone who experienced the Attitude Era - which must have been awesome and probably the best era - as I was far too young at the time.

Multiplayer was good as always, online multiplayer was good and bad due to the poor connection within the servers.

Defeat The Streak and Defend The Streak with Undertaker was also pretty fun too, albeit linear and formulaic but it got the job done regarding the reputation of The Phenom himself and it felt like a tribute for what the guy has done for the WWE/WWF.

On the flip-side, WWE Universe had potential and in the end it was shambolic and almost pointless.

All in all, not the best WWE game. I did hope for more of an improvement than this but there were highlights in this game which masked these problems partially at most.
  30. Nov 20, 2013
    I was feeling a bit skeptical about WWE 2K14 because since their former company (THQ) closed last February, I thought this would be a perfect time to relieve Wrestlemania all over again, right? Well, no. WWE will continue its worst kind of ways in the world of crappy family entertainment. See, WWE 2K14 feels a bit too shallow and not so stellar since the Smackdown vs. RAW series thatI was feeling a bit skeptical about WWE 2K14 because since their former company (THQ) closed last February, I thought this would be a perfect time to relieve Wrestlemania all over again, right? Well, no. WWE will continue its worst kind of ways in the world of crappy family entertainment. See, WWE 2K14 feels a bit too shallow and not so stellar since the Smackdown vs. RAW series that dominated video games over the past decade. The "30 Years of WrestleMania" mode is okay, but I wanted to see more. Seriously, nobody can't beat The Undertaker's streak because the "Streak" mode is too hard to tell when or where The Undertaker will be defeated. And why would the Ultimate Warrior be in a DLC? He's way much older than Hulk Hogan and it's way past his time. Anyway, it's a little good but a lot of clunky controls really cost them. So there's nothing new in WWE 2K14. It's just one of the big disappointments of 2013 for me. Expand
  31. Dec 22, 2013
    People were promised a patch for WWE 13 and they got it in the form of WWE2k14. They fixed some of the problems but created a couple of more bugs like in create an arena when you make your own arena on ppv the action that spills out side the ring went blurry. Universe is basically untouched except for rivalries which make no sense since at times heel will vs heel and tag partner will facePeople were promised a patch for WWE 13 and they got it in the form of WWE2k14. They fixed some of the problems but created a couple of more bugs like in create an arena when you make your own arena on ppv the action that spills out side the ring went blurry. Universe is basically untouched except for rivalries which make no sense since at times heel will vs heel and tag partner will face their own tag partner in a 9 week rivalry. SO you will definitely have to do your own booking. I really wish we had the power to select our own cut scenes maybe next year then again I am getting tired of maybe next year. In other sports titles you have the power of control the same thing should happen here too especially in universe. People are expecting a patch for this game. Please do not hold your breath it is not going to happen while the 30 years of mania are nice this is another example of a $30 game being charged as a $60. If companies keep this type of thing up we will have another game crash and it will be games like this that will cause it. If you are a wrestling fan you will enjoy this like I have but it really just is not worth the price of admission for ring side where you would get more bang for your buck in the cheap seats Expand
  32. Jun 7, 2014
    Este juego es muy parecido al wwe 13 los mismos luchadores iguales la misma mecánica del juego el mismo contenido de creaciones y me parece en cuanto ala dificulta de la AL es bastante mediocre por que le puedes ganar estando en critico también hay que destacar que son los mismos logro que en la anterior entrega del juego por THQ.SI quisieras comprar un juego que no se ha este o sinoEste juego es muy parecido al wwe 13 los mismos luchadores iguales la misma mecánica del juego el mismo contenido de creaciones y me parece en cuanto ala dificulta de la AL es bastante mediocre por que le puedes ganar estando en critico también hay que destacar que son los mismos logro que en la anterior entrega del juego por THQ.SI quisieras comprar un juego que no se ha este o sino comparte el wwe 13 total es casi lo mismo es una vergüenza para comprar este juego ese precio sólo para una lista de luchadores igual y algunas campanas y superestrellas. De ninguna manera es un mal juego,Ademas tuvo un modo muy innovador como el modo racha y el modo wrestlemania. Expand
  33. Nov 25, 2015
    it was an okay kinda of game and didnt really love it too much. But its not better than 13'. and why is the rock on the cover? its okay. but i love it.
  34. Nov 4, 2013
    WWE 2k14 has a lot of content, huge roster, tons of unlockables, and DLC. This a wrestling fans wet dream, until that fan actually plays it. The AI consistently reverses every attack, performs miraculous comebacks (even in critical health), 3o years of wrestlemania is plagued with QTE's which sacrifices fun for authenticity and several of the matches require you to perform mystery tasks toWWE 2k14 has a lot of content, huge roster, tons of unlockables, and DLC. This a wrestling fans wet dream, until that fan actually plays it. The AI consistently reverses every attack, performs miraculous comebacks (even in critical health), 3o years of wrestlemania is plagued with QTE's which sacrifices fun for authenticity and several of the matches require you to perform mystery tasks to get the unlockables. The controls are simple and intuitive so anyone can be playing like a pro in ten minutes, the graphics are improved everywhere except the created characters, they still don't look anywhere near as good as the game characters. The announcers seem to be a few seconds behind of the action and at times a few seconds ahead. They also repeat the same phrases constantly, in all fairness I'm sure that getting commentary to synch up with action is a daunting task. I read one of the professional reviews and it said "tone down the AI with the sliders in settings and play the game on easy" I agree with that sentiment, otherwise this is a huge aggravation. The streak mode is pure punishment as the game ramps up the difficulty to extreme levels (regardless of your settings). In short, this game is awesome if you liked WWE 2013, or if your a pro-wrestling fan. If your not a fan then this game is not for you.
    The Creation modes are freaking huge, you can create just about everything even how many monitors you have during your entrance and what is shown on each monitor.
    The online is fast and fluent, I haven't had any problems yet. I waited for months to buy this game and even though I mostly do online and play with the creation modes (which are both good) I still feel the game could've been better, maybe some of the issues will be addressed with a future patch.
  35. Jul 13, 2015
    First and foremost the roster is stupid. It's filled with regular legend wrestlers that overshadow the CURRENT roster. This game SHOULD have been the last game to have Yoshi Tatsu in it annd they couldn't even do that. It is completely pointless to create him as they don't have commentator's nor entrance announcer even say his his name and is stupid, They don't give you is semi-dyedFirst and foremost the roster is stupid. It's filled with regular legend wrestlers that overshadow the CURRENT roster. This game SHOULD have been the last game to have Yoshi Tatsu in it annd they couldn't even do that. It is completely pointless to create him as they don't have commentator's nor entrance announcer even say his his name and is stupid, They don't give you is semi-dyed hairstyle anyways. During matches if you play as a regular Superstar the commentators will talk about the background of the person you are using and/or fighting against. But they will not do such with CAWs. There is no excuse that Yoshi Tatsu isn't in here. IF HE IS A MAN SUPERSTAR IRL AND WAS ACTIVELY WRESTLING AT THE TIME, THEN THEY NEED TO BE IN THE GAME. Not to mention they also failed to provide the missing wrestlers as DLC. They COULD have provided Yoshi, Hurricane, and others as DLC, but failed to do so. And the biggest fail point of this game is that the late Eddie Guerrero is unlockable in the game, but they made the campaigns so nintendo hard he is literally impossible to be unlocked unless you pay for the unlock everything dlc, but at the time of me trying to unlock him, that dlc wasn't announced yet. so i got rid of the game before the unlock everything purchese was even around. they could have added guerrero in 2k15 but apparently they think steve austin is viable to be added to both games but the well-respected Latino Heat is not good enough to appear alongside the fellow WWE Legends. Expand
  36. Feb 24, 2014
    Same **** different game. 've long been a fan of the WWE games, I've owned every single WWE game dating back to 1997 but in recent years product has declined and I have ultimately stopped buying these games. Hoping to regain the love I once had for WWE and these games I rented this title and was again disappointed by a beautifully animated but clunky and downright unenjoyable game with theSame **** different game. 've long been a fan of the WWE games, I've owned every single WWE game dating back to 1997 but in recent years product has declined and I have ultimately stopped buying these games. Hoping to regain the love I once had for WWE and these games I rented this title and was again disappointed by a beautifully animated but clunky and downright unenjoyable game with the same gameplay but in a different game. Expand
  37. May 30, 2016
    I feel I could write one review for all WWE games from the first 2K title, the greatest merit from the developers is to make up and sell the same product year after year as something new.
  38. Nov 21, 2015
    Wow what an amazing game I especially love the defeat the streak mode where undertaker no sells 3 finishers.Also the 30 years of wrestlemaina mode was terrible.

1. Apr 13, 2014
    Content-wise, the works of Yuke's are always great and this year the Japanese developers have outdone themselves. This games features some of the most spectacular events in WWE history.
  2. CD-Action
    Dec 13, 2013
    A poorly animated, unbalanced game that I didn’t enjoy at all. Although it does offer a lot of different punches, kicks and throws, its gameplay resembles a long, boring QTE. [13/2013, p.74]
  3. Dec 12, 2013
    WWE '13 was a very successful game and had something new to offer, WWE 2K14 does not.