6.2

1. Apr 17, 2011
    The game is very enjoyable, with a very fast paced match system, but there's already a problem. 1: The only good match types are, STEEL CAGE, 1 ON 1, & EXTREME RULES MATCHES... Why, you ask, because of the AI opponents, sometimes, the opponents act like total brats. The AI also doesn't give any freedom to move around and lengthen the match a little... They are programmed to only veryThe game is very enjoyable, with a very fast paced match system, but there's already a problem. 1: The only good match types are, STEEL CAGE, 1 ON 1, & EXTREME RULES MATCHES... Why, you ask, because of the AI opponents, sometimes, the opponents act like total brats. The AI also doesn't give any freedom to move around and lengthen the match a little... They are programmed to only very strict directions, whenever they are told. Also, the CAS... Create a Superstar, AKA "Create a Santino"... It sucks, just plain; SUCKS... sure the CAS's look better, but some options, you have more variety, like eyebrows. I mean, COME ON... eyebrows. Oh yeah, not very many clothing options. And guess what SvR fans.... (wait for it...) NO LAYER options AT ALL.... NONE! So, that also restricts a great amount of what you have to work with... I mean, what were they thinking!! Also, whenever you're in a triple threat, fatal 4 way, anything with more than two wrestlers, the opposition AI is just ridiculous, whenever you're fighting somebody else, the other superstars will come over toward you fighting, and then, if you're about, to hit a move, the other wrestlers will ATTACK you... and you defintely don't want to get in between two of them, your health meter.... will go down FAST like lightning... Well, that's all I have to say... those things frustrate me, but it's a very enjoyable, (somewhat) and addictive game. 6/10 Expand
  2. Apr 21, 2011
    WWE All Stars has the biggest potential of any game franchise I have played in a long time. The premiseis an austentatious one. Take the biggest names of wrestling passed and present, put them in an over-the-top shlauberknockle and have a great time.

That is really what this is meant to be a sit around with your friends, grab a controller and have a hilarious time. In that respect WWE All Stars is bang on.

Where the game fails is in its depth, especially when compared to its sister game Smackdown vs. Raw 2011. In a game like Smackdown, players can pursue a nearly unlimited number of tactics to confuse and defeat opponents. Whether it be a strong ground game, or sophisticated grapple style both can win making it fun and original each time you play.

WWE All Stars falls short in that there is no real ground game to speak of, only rarely does an opponent stay on the mat long enough to get a shot in, its even difficult to use some of the spectacular aerial moves that the game does so well. In short more depth and balance would have made this game a dream to play.

One thing I would like to see in any future wrestling games, is a change in countering. As of right now most wrestling games online become a giant countering fiasco, its to the point now, where there is very little actual wrestling getting done.

Lastly is the near non-existant single player campaign. Currently there are two options. First is the dream matches 10 in total, where the developers have chosen 10 dream matches they would like to see that could never happen. Though fun to play and debate about, it could have used more scripting to make the matches more original. Other than the video montages at the beginning, one could make all of these matches themselves using the exhibition mode. Next is a mode where you can pick a superstar (or in 1 case a tag team) and fight 10 matches to get to the title match. Containing only 3 cut scenes in each and there being only 3 of them doesnt not offer extensive playtime and seriously lacks depth in each match.

One thing I would really like to see next year is a famous match mode, where they take some of the most legendary matches of the last 30 years add lots of scripts and surprises to them. In short a more dynamic combat system couple with more robust single player campaign could make WWE All Stars a powerhouse franchise in the future. I don't consider a faliure but a stepping stone to what the future might bring. However, if you're looking for a game to rent for the weekend to sit around and play with friends, look no further than WWE All Stars.
  3. Sep 12, 2011
    This is a very fun arcade style wrestling game. However, like most arcade games, its set of features are very shallow, the game has several different modes and match types but in the end they offer very little variety. It also sports your typical create-a-wrestler mode that I'm happy to admit I spent a few hours in already, unfortunately customization is limited as you can only selectThis is a very fun arcade style wrestling game. However, like most arcade games, its set of features are very shallow, the game has several different modes and match types but in the end they offer very little variety. It also sports your typical create-a-wrestler mode that I'm happy to admit I spent a few hours in already, unfortunately customization is limited as you can only select predetermined move sets, nonetheless the editor is still a nice addition. Thankfully, what the game lacks in content, it makes up in game play, as this is one of the funnest wrestling games I've played in years. It is much more fast paced then your typical wrestling game and is more accessible to non-wrestling fans, my wife (who's never watched wrestling) even joined me in a few matches and had a lot of fun. With special moves that are out of this world and a fantastic roster of old and new, I would definitely recommend this to fans looking for a more casual affair. Expand
  4. Dec 4, 2013
    After all this time they still have not fixed 2 main problems,the whole caching data crap and the AI hates you in matches that involve more than 1 person. but this is very fun with frends but lacks modes and a small roster(more in smackdown vs raw 2008 than this). but pick it up if you want a cheap wresling game for you and your frends but beware of the problems. 6.7
  5. Oct 17, 2013
    I didn't have high hopes for this game and I was right. This was a pretty generic wrestling game with way to many bugs, glitches and overall bad gameplay. The reversals were almost impossible and what made it even harder was being able to reversal a reversal! The game suffered from bad "Bubble Physics" were the player would interact but would not register. Sometimes it would pull a playerI didn't have high hopes for this game and I was right. This was a pretty generic wrestling game with way to many bugs, glitches and overall bad gameplay. The reversals were almost impossible and what made it even harder was being able to reversal a reversal! The game suffered from bad "Bubble Physics" were the player would interact but would not register. Sometimes it would pull a player towards the attacker. It seemed most of the game was completable by simply climbing and jumping. The damage system was ridiculous and did not work. The only reason this got a five is because its QUITE fun to play with friends. Not a recommendation. Expand
  6. Dec 29, 2013
    Lots of excitement and unrealistic action (which is fun of course) as you play as your favorite WWE Superstar, Past or Present. The game is lots of fun for a bit but there are not a lot of opportunities to do a lot. It's probably good for a quick buy just for fun, arcade style wrestling but not something you can play a lot. Overall, it's a good game.

1. Aug 31, 2011
    Sadly, for non-wrestling fans this game will be very short lived, but I'm sure dedicated fans will find hours of enjoyment if they can look past the horrific loading times. The arcade feel is a nice change from the usual simulation and aside from playing online, which suffers from some lag, local multiplayer would provide the most fun from this over the top edition to the world of wrestling games.
  2. Jun 6, 2011
    By far the best wrestling game I've played in the past few years. The lack of depth in match types and singleplayer mode is unfortunate, but the game is seriously fun and a joy to play. Add in the nostalgia factor with the old school wrestlers, and this game is a must for all WWE fans.
  3. May 24, 2011
    Good old wrestling times with all the classics we love. The game offers a lot of wrestling fun but all the game modes are a little too short.