4.7

1. Sep 28, 2011
    This would be an awesome game... if it were for the PS2.

This would be an awesome game... if it were for the PS2.

Overall I did sort of like this game. It just felt like someone took an awesome game and made it as mediocre as possible. I like playing your own hero instead of having to play the stars. I like choosing my abilities. The gameplay was just very very meh. Here's what I think could've made this game a lot better. First off allow you to choose your own superhero name. Next allow you to design your own costume (like in City of Heroes). One of the things this game has is M-genes. These sort of give you parts of other heroes powers. It's sort of cool, but it makes me feel less like my own hero. I wish instead these would allow me to alter my own powers in different ways. It feels pretty weird to have shadow based powers and be covered in ice.

Overall this game feels like it was half finished and instead of doing all the work to finish it they just made what they had playable and shipped it out.
  2. Nov 22, 2011
    I loved the previous X-Men Action RPGs and had fun with both Ultimate Alliance games, but this game ended up feeling flat. The entire experience is mostly repetitive and the controls can be a bit wonky. The strength of the game lies in being around the X-Men and Brotherhood characters themselves. Interacting with any of the mutants brings back fond memories, whether it be old video games,I loved the previous X-Men Action RPGs and had fun with both Ultimate Alliance games, but this game ended up feeling flat. The entire experience is mostly repetitive and the controls can be a bit wonky. The strength of the game lies in being around the X-Men and Brotherhood characters themselves. Interacting with any of the mutants brings back fond memories, whether it be old video games, a classic cartoon show, or newer films. Expand

1. After surprisingly decent superhero games like X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, it's a major disappointment that Silicon Knights can't do better than this rubbish. We're amazed that Marvel and Activision let this one through. [Nov 2011, p.37]
  2. Silicon Knights just forgot to give us anything fun to do with our powers, making it hard to recommend Destiny to even diehard fans. [Holiday 2011, p.84]
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    The new adventure of the X-Men is poor and simple. Although the story looked interesting, the result is an average action game, without anything remarkable, that only hardcore X-Men fans will enjoy.