4.7

1. Oct 4, 2011
    If you like kicking a lot of ass 110% of the time...this one is for you. It was a lot of fun, and I usually don't even like beat'em ups. I had to force myself to go to bed! The real focus of this game is the brawler style combat, and evolving your mutant to kick even more ass as you go. The combat is simple and easy to pick up. As you unlock abilities you'll find yourself immediatelyIf you like kicking a lot of ass 110% of the time...this one is for you. It was a lot of fun, and I usually don't even like beat'em ups. I had to force myself to go to bed! The real focus of this game is the brawler style combat, and evolving your mutant to kick even more ass as you go. The combat is simple and easy to pick up. As you unlock abilities you'll find yourself immediately satisfied that you're now a tank who can wreck 100 guys at once. The story is on par for any comic book (that is to say, fairly ridiculous), and the graphics are not the best (with a few glaring errors). I have to be honest though, I actually enjoyed playing it. It was cool to dig into the back stories of the other Xmen/Brotherhood characters, and fighting alongside different ones via the 'Destiny Choices' was a nice touch. The combat itself is gorgeous, and as you evolve it just gets better. I'd recommend it to anyone new to the brawler genre. Expand

1. After surprisingly decent superhero games like X-Men Origins: Wolverine and Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, it's a major disappointment that Silicon Knights can't do better than this rubbish. We're amazed that Marvel and Activision let this one through. [Nov 2011, p.37]
  2. Silicon Knights just forgot to give us anything fun to do with our powers, making it hard to recommend Destiny to even diehard fans. [Holiday 2011, p.84]
  3. Nov 22, 2011
    The new adventure of the X-Men is poor and simple. Although the story looked interesting, the result is an average action game, without anything remarkable, that only hardcore X-Men fans will enjoy.