4.7

1. Apr 3, 2014
    This game is basically the new DmCDevil May Cry, a terrible game with degraded difficulty, downed gameplay, awful dubstep in seek of skrillex fans and dialogs written by a 12 year old.
  2. Mar 21, 2014
    Not funny, not interesting or challenging. Graphics is bad, this game just unnecessary spin-off of great ninja hack-n-slash games. Back step for NG. Really bad game for 60 dollars.
  3. Mar 18, 2014
    I have reached in a later part of the game and the problems are starting to appear, but anyway I do think this game still is pretty great. It could be better yes, but it is still a fun experience.
  4. Mar 18, 2014
    A gaiden to the Ninja Gaiden series, which takes some getting used to, but this is an action game that has the play feel of the old Devil May Cry games with a new face. It also has loads of zombie comedy which are quite hilarious if you go into the game acknowledging that the game is meant to be different from your average Ninja Gaiden. This is the type of action game that classicA gaiden to the Ninja Gaiden series, which takes some getting used to, but this is an action game that has the play feel of the old Devil May Cry games with a new face. It also has loads of zombie comedy which are quite hilarious if you go into the game acknowledging that the game is meant to be different from your average Ninja Gaiden. This is the type of action game that classic gamers should drool over. Whether or not a fan of the series it is definitely worth checking out.
    To fully enjoy the game you need to get through the game once and power yourself up to use the vast combos available for a second play through.
    My only real vice with the game is the Trophies are far from creative or interesting.
  5. Mar 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I bought this game after seeing the crudely low views for it, i work for gamestop and during my hours i heard this commercial probably a thousand times. the thought of this game made me want to go ballistic, and yet i tried it. The benefit of the doubt paid off, this game is either for the very experienced or the very inexperienced, anything in between is a big NO. its very easy to pick up and play but hard to master. What this game offers is a tremendously personal experience into the mind of creative director Keiji Inafune in one of his first non-capcom games and his influence in this game is very prevalent.
    The games humor is crude, lude, and rude but its entertaining. like if adult swim wrote the games dialogue. Playing as the antagonist is also a weirdly rewarding experience, (I had never played a NG game at the time so i wasnt offended by fighting my hero like some were) especially when hes such an irredeemable selfish jerk, its truly fun to get to know Yaiba. Del Gonzo is an incredibly weak antagonist, very disappointed in this regard but Miss Monday made up for it, sex appeal aside, her dialogue was what really burst my gut! The soundtrack is entertaining but nothing extraordinary. The Biggest flaw with this game is the lack of diversity in the setting, fire and fallen city structures get really old after a while.

overall this game is closer to a 7 but i feel that a 5.0 for its average is a tad low so i felt the need to compensate. i feel this game is worth your time and worth an experience, but not worth 60$ id say a 20$ max.
  6. Apr 21, 2014
    Failed humor, topped off with boring combat and lazily designed levels. Whoopee. Honestly, I expected more, as Ninja Gaiden is one of my favorite game series'. Yet, it was a hard kick in the nuts instead of a fun game.
  7. Mar 28, 2014
    Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z was the worst Hack'n Slash zombie style-action game. It was really bad! And it's like you play pretty much the same game every goddamn year, just like Call of Duty. No inspirations, no nothing!
  8. Jun 4, 2014
    What is this trash? Is this called a "game" this is a disaster. I miss the old days when ninja gaiden was a good franchise on the nintendo NES, Hope this abysmal release put an end for the good of this decadent franchise, this games have one of the worst gameplay mechanics and animations i have ever seen
    I recommend the people to stay away from this game, this game is so bad that even the professional reviewers give it a bad score. Don't fell bad, hope in the future we can get some good ninja games, but this one, is one of the WORST ninja games ever made.
  9. Mar 18, 2014
    The game itself is punishing difficult for beginners who attempt to play it on Normal. After getting to the second level I changed to easy and started having a lot more fun. It's still challenging, but not in the punishing way Normal difficulty was. After playing, learning the mechanics, especially the block and counter. I really did like this game. Not sure it deserves a 20 by otherThe game itself is punishing difficult for beginners who attempt to play it on Normal. After getting to the second level I changed to easy and started having a lot more fun. It's still challenging, but not in the punishing way Normal difficulty was. After playing, learning the mechanics, especially the block and counter. I really did like this game. Not sure it deserves a 20 by other reviewers. But if they were having a hard time they could just switch to easy. It does take some time to learn the mechanics but afterwards I had a fun experience. Expand
  10. Apr 25, 2014
    HOLY ScHmIdT this game is terrible; this game brings shame to the Ninja Gaiden legacy. I rented this for the PS3 and took it back in less than 6 hours. The gameplay is really repetitive and not challenging or enjoyable as in past Ninja Gaiden games. The cell shaded visuals really don't fit; taking a franchise that has never used a cell-shaded art style and suddenly giving a cell-shaded artHOLY ScHmIdT this game is terrible; this game brings shame to the Ninja Gaiden legacy. I rented this for the PS3 and took it back in less than 6 hours. The gameplay is really repetitive and not challenging or enjoyable as in past Ninja Gaiden games. The cell shaded visuals really don't fit; taking a franchise that has never used a cell-shaded art style and suddenly giving a cell-shaded art style feels gimmicky. The story is really contrived and boring; there is really no explanation or context provided for the setting or why you are fighting zombies or anything. The main character is not likeable and the whole 'cyborg ninja' element feels like another gimmick. Then there's the dialogue, GOOD GRIEF the awful dialogue. The dialogue is so terribly vulgar, juvenile and piss poor in a way that wishes it could sound like the writing of Suda 51 games and the Duke Nukem franchise, but misses the mark completely. It is not funny in the least, nor is it witty or anything other than pathetic. I don't mind vulgarity in entertainment when it is done tastefully and fits within the context of the entertainment medium, but it sure doesn't fit here and makes it so much worse.

And what kind of farking ninja game doesn't let you jump except for quick time events?!

Utter fail of a game, not to mention a disgrace to the franchise.
  11. UCA
    May 9, 2014
    It's a diffcult game. But I think this game is too simple because you really only can be two skills, dodge an attack and attack with your weapon or magic.

1. May 4, 2014
    I can't believe what a disaster this game is. [June 2014, p.64]
  2. May 1, 2014
    It may be overpriced and too short, but Ninja Gaiden Z has a few thrilling moments.
  3. Getting your arm chopped off might actually be a better option. Just avoid this. [May 2014, p74]