- Summary: The year is 1715. Pirates rule the waters of the Caribbean and have established a lawless Republic. Among these outlaws is a lethal young captain named Edward Kenway. His notorious exploits earn the respect of legends like Blackbeard, but draw him into an ancient war that may destroy everything the pirates have built for themselves.… Expand
Feb 27, 2014I wasn't expecting much after playing 3 but holy **** was this an amazing game. The story and characters are absolutely amazing and the gameplay is nice and fluid. The game looks absolutely beautiful as well. It's bright and colorful. The navy combat is probably (for me at least) the best part of the game. In all honesty this should of GOTY 2013 instead of GTA V… Expand
Apr 17, 2014Ships, Pirates, and underwater treasure. This game is awesome! Battling on the seas feels so good and while it may take some time getting used to when you do, you feel like a boss. My only real complaint with this game is the combat feels a tad weak. The combos are pretty repetitive and doesn't keep me as engaged. All in all, a great port of a great game.… Expand
Jan 11, 2014What an amazing games the graphics and gameplay was unique. Although poorly placed checkpoints and a glitch where you can't quit contracts made me unable to play the story line...... I played it 2 times first time i got bored then restarted but then i accepted contract and could not do story line there was no way to cancel contract so i quit.. Sadly most of the best games are not here yet....
Jul 26, 2014Finished this game a week ago.
The latest installment to the Assassin's Creed franchise, featuring a new character, Edward Kenway.
As you may know, Edward Kenway is the grandfather of Connor Kenway, the protagonist from Assassin's Creed III.
Edward is just another pirate who's trying to find lots of money, so he can live carefree in this world. One day his ship crashed and he was stranded in an island. There, he met an Assassin, he killed him and took the Assassin's name as his own. Edward is the first character in the Assassin's Creed that learn everything about assassination not from the Creed. He's self taught because he has the "sense" of an Assassin (In other words, a genius). Find out the journey of Edward in the Caribbean Sea.
- First Assassin's Creed game that was released on a next gen console. And i must say, although the graphics are not better than Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, the environment is awesome. The sea, the sky, everything is so colorful, making your naval journey awesome. Also harpooning is fun.
- A new character who is unique and breaking the stereotype of Assassin's Creed protagonist. Edward, he doesn't care about justice and stuffs like that, all he wants is money. And his character development is really interesting, because he becomes a "real" assassin at the end of the game.
- Battle systems are as always, too easy and boring. But this time, our hero use a new weapons. Which is Dual Sword & 4 Handgun. Pretty neat.
- Freedom Cry, a stand alone DLC was released for this game. It told the story of Adewale, Edward's crew on the Jackdaw. The story takes place a few years after Black Flag, although Edward's name was mentioned a few times, it was unknown about how he was doing. This DLC worth every penny of it. It's enough to enjoy the Caribbean Sea once again with another character and another purpose.
- The world is too large. I found myself spending too much time on the exploration part.While the story is just too short. Sailing through the sea took my sweet time on this game. I must say that it was quite boring sailing through the sea and waiting for my ship to arrive at the destination.
- Same old Assassin's Creed. Hope Ass Creed Unity can bring a new wind to this franchise.
I don't know why the hate for ACIV. I love the game & i love edward. The game is visually stunning in some aspects, but kinda looks bad on another. Although there are no new big changes to the gameplay, the story itself isn't that bad. It's good to see someone different from the previous protagonists. If you have PS4, then play this on PS4. It's really good, since there are no problems with Frame Skip like in PS3. The game runs smoothly on PS4. Totally recommended. But i must say, that this is just another game of Assassin's Creed. Nothing more and nothing less. 7/10 for this game.… Expand
Dec 21, 2013This game is disguised under an epic illusion. It seems the map is very big, but where most elements repeat.
Too many repetitive side missions. And the main missions are very repetitive as well. In addition, the environment is very repetitive. Anyway, every thing is repetitive, making the game fatiguing.
I remembered AC II was so enjoyable, while You never expect an experience as assassin in AC IV. This franchise has lost the soul of assassin. The only left is a coat. When I was playing the game, I always ask myself: why I have to wear like an assassin?
The pirate part is not bad for me, but I am soon bored with flat sea face, and you will soon be bored with The naval battle under same pattern.
This is a game, lack of soul, full of repetitive mechanism and will be forgotten soon.
Never compare AC IV even with GTA V which is still 10 times better than AC IV in quality.
IMO, The AC III and IV shouldn't be in Assassin's Creed franchise.… Expand