6.7

1. Nov 16, 2013
    Campaign is fun but there are major issues with save files corrupting. Many players are having to re-do countless hours of singleplayer due to bugs.

Multiplayer is basically unplayable at the moment as well.
  2. Nov 20, 2013
    The game is fantastic when it actually works. Right now, a week after launch, it is completely unplayable due to developer incompetence. Save files get corrupted on the single-player campaign, the multiplayer matches lag out and dump you within 5 minutes, and both single-player and multi-player have constant problems with crashes to the PS4 dashboard. I'm guessing it will be fixedThe game is fantastic when it actually works. Right now, a week after launch, it is completely unplayable due to developer incompetence. Save files get corrupted on the single-player campaign, the multiplayer matches lag out and dump you within 5 minutes, and both single-player and multi-player have constant problems with crashes to the PS4 dashboard. I'm guessing it will be fixed eventually, but save your money and buy a better experience in the meantime. DICE and EA don't deserve your money at the moment for the shoddy, bug-ridden experience they have put out here. Expand
  3. Nov 14, 2013
    Absolutely awesome startup to new ps4. Awesome graphics, awesome multiplayer, great perfomance. The new levolution system works and feels great, especially on flood zone. Ps. 1080р and 60 fps. 10/10.
  4. Dec 4, 2013
    This is the first time i do this, but the bugs in this game are unbearable! The game itself is one of my favourite shooters ever, but it just crashes so often, its unplayable at the moment! Stay away from this crap until it gets fixed!
  5. Dec 22, 2013
    Look, I love the game, but after two corrupted save files wiping out my campaign save, I just feel cheated. There are some sections of the campaign which are mundane, I don't mind getting through them once, even twice after the first corruption. However I never want to pay those sections again, so will never get the opportunity to complete the campaign.

There is no excuse considering

There is no excuse considering how many people hit the same issue, either they knew about it and still pushed it out to make launch day, or they did a rubbish job in QA.

£55 for a beta, that's a joke.

It's a shame as I love the game to bits, but will not be buying another version out of principle.
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    Currently this game is terrible, 2+ years in development and is in worse condition than annually released games (Assassin's Creed). I'm a massive fan of BF, BF3 was amazing I though, I was hoping BF4 would follow in it's footsteps, but sadly it hasn't. The campaign isn't worth playing, has no story, thank god it has gorgeous graphics, but they still don't save the boring campaign. The MP,Currently this game is terrible, 2+ years in development and is in worse condition than annually released games (Assassin's Creed). I'm a massive fan of BF, BF3 was amazing I though, I was hoping BF4 would follow in it's footsteps, but sadly it hasn't. The campaign isn't worth playing, has no story, thank god it has gorgeous graphics, but they still don't save the boring campaign. The MP, where to start? Bugs, bugs and even more bugs, the 0 HP is beyond annoying, if someone has 0 HP they should be dead, period. When doing a search for your favourite map and join it, it's ended before you start. This never happened in BF3, then you have to play maps you dislike. So far I'm really disappointed in DICE, I usually blame EA but 2 years is enough time, especially for a shooter. The map designs suck compared to BF3 too. I'm not a CoD fanboy just saying BF rubbish, I don't play CoD. Seriously think about it before buying this game, so far I regret buying it and Premium. Expand
  7. Dec 2, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game! In it's current state this game is a mess. Every time I play the campaign the game crashes and corrupts my save. DICE seems to be putting no effort into fixing the issue. When the game works it's great but MP issues and a broken campaign makes me feel like I've been cheated $90 for what I paid for it.
  8. Dec 2, 2013
    This could have been very awesome. Unfortunately the single player campaign crashes randomly damaging your save file and you have to start over from scratch.
  9. Anz
    Dec 14, 2013
    This is what BF3 should have been, but at the moment this is broken and buggy game on ps4. I know they are working to fix everything, but until then I can't realy give good score for this.
  10. Mar 2, 2014
    It's not worth $120 thats for sure. I went back to BF3 for a bit, and it is so much better than BF4. They took an amazing game tacked a bunch of crap onto it, gave us some **** rush maps and too many grenades. Comander mode takes all strategic movement out of the game. As someone who played on rush 24/7 servers almost every time i'm very unhappy with my purchase. Got to lvl 20 and justIt's not worth $120 thats for sure. I went back to BF3 for a bit, and it is so much better than BF4. They took an amazing game tacked a bunch of crap onto it, gave us some **** rush maps and too many grenades. Comander mode takes all strategic movement out of the game. As someone who played on rush 24/7 servers almost every time i'm very unhappy with my purchase. Got to lvl 20 and just stopped.

The single player game is awful and they force you to play it in order to unlock multiplayer guns.
  11. Dec 20, 2014
    Today is the 20th of December, 2014! This game, even with all of the patches that were released, is absolute crap!
    1. Medkits don't work while suppressed so they're practically UNUSABLE! This is a MAJOR setback for bf.
    2. Head glitching is STILL a MAJOR problem and I constantly get killed from someone's forehead. 3. I STILL get shot from around corners or through LAYERS of thick
    3. I STILL get shot from around corners or through LAYERS of thick concrete from an assault rifle.
    4. OP guns are still OP!
    5. Campaign is absolute crap and about a black guy hating a Chinese lady. That pretty much sums up 4 hours of your life right there.
    6. A shotgun with explosive rounds can ABSOLUTELY DESTROY a concrete wall but takes an ENTIRE magazine to kill someone!! WTF?!
    7. Scope glare from snipers is visible even if the sniper's FACING AWAY from the sun! Stupid balancing!
    8. Sniper rifles take more than one shot to kill someone, even if the shot is directly to the persons heart!
    9. PDWs (like the mp7 and such) are TERRIBLE and their damage is so little they should never be used!
    10. Spotting system lets you spot someone in complete cover and in bushes and stuff where, even in real life, you couldn't ever see that person! You can also spot from the other side of the entire map!
    11. The Airburst kills people instantly and is waaaay too OP.
    12. A shotgun directly to someone's chest not even 1 foot away doesn't kill that person.
    13. Whenever you join a match, about 90% of the time you're automatically on the losing team and about 90% of the time you lose the match terribly.
    14. The maps are REALLY dark and you need a flashlight to see people in broad daylight! Legit no joke.
    15. Incindiary grenades hurt you from a significant distance and even go through walls and ceilings!!!!
    I could go on and on but I Thing you get the point. Battlefield 4 was the worst waste of my money ever. I can't believer I'm saying this but COD might actually be better and that's saying something.
  12. Aug 21, 2014
    The damn Story mode doesnt even work WHAT A JOKE ?? ...the multiplayer is OK nothing special smh a disapointment , the hit detection seems horrible how can i hit someone with a sniper round and they simply dont die along with many other weapons NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
  13. Mar 2, 2014
    only real criticism is the lack of bullet damage. shooting in the face doesnt harm anybody apparently. also if you shoot somebody bout 5 times first they can turn and pop you once and YOU die. pisses me off they didnt learn from BF3 also buggy as ****
  14. Jul 7, 2014
    Besides the F2P Battlefield games, Battlefield 4 is the worst game of all the Battlefield games.

Let's start with the campaign. The worst AI in any game. There are only 6 levels that take only 10 minutes to complete. So do the calculating and you'll know that the campaign only takes an hour to complete. The most boring experience, too... It's just shooting. You don't get the opportunity to get into a vehicle, besides a boat for only half a minute.

Multiplayer. After so many months, still many gamebreaking bugs. Netcode is still a horrible issue, even though DICE said they fixed it/tried to fix it. The game plays horrible because of lag. Also, don't expect any teammates to revive you like they would do in Battlefield 3. That time is over. Nobody revives these days. If these bugs wouldn't be there, this game would've been an 8/10. Now, please, do not buy this game.

-A PS4 player who bought BF4 and BF4 Premium... Worst decision ever, unless it's fixed. But it's EA, so don't expect it.
  15. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is crap, I've spent a couple days playing it and have lost my game data twice now. I got an error message saying that my save data is corrupt and needs to be overwritten. I will not continue to play this game, thank God I only rented it.
  16. Jan 22, 2014
    Fans really want to dig the latest game -"if connection issues was fixed" etc. Fact is after two months and a couple of major updates, this is it. Dice, bf4-mp for ps4 is bumpy as a camels back and you should pay people for playing your beta.
  17. Dec 22, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is a good FPS, with really great graphics (even 1 year after its release) but it does nothing more than expected, the solo campaign is very short and the story lacks almost any kind of interest BUT offers some nice/epic moments. The multiplayer is quite nice, specially the 32 VS 32 modes but i didn't have a lot of fun playing it (i think the bad companies online was muchBattlefield 4 is a good FPS, with really great graphics (even 1 year after its release) but it does nothing more than expected, the solo campaign is very short and the story lacks almost any kind of interest BUT offers some nice/epic moments. The multiplayer is quite nice, specially the 32 VS 32 modes but i didn't have a lot of fun playing it (i think the bad companies online was much better) and they could have add an hardcore mode (when you don't need 2 or 3 sniper's bullet to kill) as well as free maps.
    If we add to that the launching issues, I can't help but think they should 've work a lot more on this game to deliver a game that could have been the new reference in the FPS world (and not only a great use of a great engine for a common game).
  18. Feb 28, 2014
    I was always a cod player. I won't go into the whole thing now. Just to say I realised I was going through the motions for the last 2-3 years. I haven't truly enjoyed cod since mw2. With this game I get the euphoria and the atmosphere and the feelings I used to get from a FPS. It makes me realise how good games can be . Ignoring the amount of weapons (great guns and mechanics) and the mapsI was always a cod player. I won't go into the whole thing now. Just to say I realised I was going through the motions for the last 2-3 years. I haven't truly enjoyed cod since mw2. With this game I get the euphoria and the atmosphere and the feelings I used to get from a FPS. It makes me realise how good games can be . Ignoring the amount of weapons (great guns and mechanics) and the maps and the graphics which are stunning. It is the sheer scope of BF4 that blows me away. From endlessly destructible terrain to the amount of action going on at multiple locations at the same time. Dice aren't afraid to go all in with maps , vehicles and weapons. Ghosts made a huge deal about bringing in ONE new gun in the dlc . They talked about level changing events like a tree falling or a gas station blowing up....that stuff happens casually in bf4 every minute of every game. The DLC that has come out has already given us weapons galore, vehicles and 8 amazing levels. Yes , as you can guess I am a convert. This is the best game I have played in years. Expand
  19. Apr 27, 2014
    The game is beautiful graphically that is for sure.. The sound of the guns are awesome. The problem I have with the game is that in campaign mode I get very bored easily and can only pay for maybe 30 minutes at a time before I just can't stand it anymore...This is the same old same old...just with better graphics.. Once you get tired of ohhhing and awing over the graphics you will getThe game is beautiful graphically that is for sure.. The sound of the guns are awesome. The problem I have with the game is that in campaign mode I get very bored easily and can only pay for maybe 30 minutes at a time before I just can't stand it anymore...This is the same old same old...just with better graphics.. Once you get tired of ohhhing and awing over the graphics you will get bored quick.....
    The multiplayer is fun for awhile, but it too is the same thing we have already seen many times and is becoming very stale to me in my opinion.
    If you are in the middle on what shooter you should buy and your choices are Ghosts or Battlefield 4... Take Battlefield 4, it is a much better game than ghosts, but then again I'm not much of a CoD fan so I might be biased... Truth be told, there is no innovation this time around.. Still a decent shooter..
  20. Mar 20, 2014
    Battlefield 4 improves upon every aspect of Battlefield 3, but is massively held back by bugs and server issues. I can barely ever play a game without consistent lag issues, and the game always feels like its going to explode, it's just too unstable.
  21. Apr 14, 2014
    Another great example, that EA is a money-grubbing company. They have taken BF3, have done a 1.5 hours singleplayer-campaign which has 5% Gameplay 15% Bugs and 80% Script Sequences, then they have taken the old Frostbite-Engine and have integrated 2 new codes in it, then they have copied the old multiplayer (only bugs and a few maps were added). At the end they have placed it in theAnother great example, that EA is a money-grubbing company. They have taken BF3, have done a 1.5 hours singleplayer-campaign which has 5% Gameplay 15% Bugs and 80% Script Sequences, then they have taken the old Frostbite-Engine and have integrated 2 new codes in it, then they have copied the old multiplayer (only bugs and a few maps were added). At the end they have placed it in the market. I pay 60€ for the game (Yes i am european) and then 60€ for Premium. And then 80€ for "new" (Day One....or two) DLCS. Wonderful.

Sorry for translation errors.
  22. Mar 6, 2014
    Gigantic map and graphs of the next generation. Being able to compete 32 vs 32 makes the game even closer to a real battle. We clearly see that the game is 1080p . The new system Levolution make the game more realistic. This game clearly deserve a 10 :)
  23. Mar 6, 2014
    Ok, I haven't read one review that DIDN'T say single player was crap. I LOVED the single player! I beat it twice and will probably go back for the remaining trophies after a while. MUCH better than gear of war or some **** like that! Not last of us quality but seriously what are they comparing it too? COD? WAY BETTER than the Ghost campaign (which I also beat and wasn't that badOk, I haven't read one review that DIDN'T say single player was crap. I LOVED the single player! I beat it twice and will probably go back for the remaining trophies after a while. MUCH better than gear of war or some **** like that! Not last of us quality but seriously what are they comparing it too? COD? WAY BETTER than the Ghost campaign (which I also beat and wasn't that bad either) Multiplayer is amazing, what more can I say. People give it a low score because of some tech problems that will be fixed...I NEVER had a problem....I think I couldn't play conquest for a couple weeks maybe...that was it...I've been playing fine for months and having a blast everyday. Next to Awesomenauts, this is my favorite PS4 game. Expand
  24. Mar 27, 2014
    The game is simply awesome. Campaign is short and as for me it was just kind of tutorial for the multi player which this game is all about. BF4 looks great (not really next gen as it's not, but I'm still pleased with it), physics is really good, sound is great too. Multilayer game play on huge maps is astonishing. Infantry and range of vehicles on the ground, boats on the water, planes andThe game is simply awesome. Campaign is short and as for me it was just kind of tutorial for the multi player which this game is all about. BF4 looks great (not really next gen as it's not, but I'm still pleased with it), physics is really good, sound is great too. Multilayer game play on huge maps is astonishing. Infantry and range of vehicles on the ground, boats on the water, planes and helicopters in the sky... With all that after each round maps are left in ruins and filled with craters after explosions.
    Awards system makes game more attractive, as you need to play it to unlock accessories, weapons or vehicles. This causes every player has their own mastered skill set, using different range of weapons and/or vehicles which makes the play more entertaining as you just can't predict what the next round would look like.
    I got this game with PS4 on a release date and it was great choice, I just don't need any other games at the moment. My score is 9/10 due to few minor bugs.
  25. Mar 20, 2014
    I cant see how any reviews for this game could be positive. I have given them several months to iron out the defects of this game, just horrible. When your screen isnt freezing up the sound doesnt come in till Im halfway across the map EVERYGAME!!! not just some. when I switch loadouts its about 15 seconds into the respawn when my weapon pops up????!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!! I loved BF3 Why do theyI cant see how any reviews for this game could be positive. I have given them several months to iron out the defects of this game, just horrible. When your screen isnt freezing up the sound doesnt come in till Im halfway across the map EVERYGAME!!! not just some. when I switch loadouts its about 15 seconds into the respawn when my weapon pops up????!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!! I loved BF3 Why do they feel the need to reinvent the wheel!!!!! Should of left everything the same and made new maps/vehicles/weapons. I used to love flying choppers/ aircraft, hate it now WHY CHANGE EVERY ASPECT OF A GREAT BELOVED GAME?????? Im at a loss for words, and going back to BF3 suck it ea Expand
  26. Mar 22, 2014
    ----------------------------------------------------DICE--SUCK---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BIG-TIME--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  27. Apr 16, 2014
    The game is terrible. It's a shame that an EA game is in this condition. I don't recommend this game to anyone now, get it in 2 years. Lags, netcode, insta kills, unbalanced weapons and vehicles, maps are just a 'copy & paste', levolution isn't impressive at all, no levolution on China Rising maps. It's 6 months after the game was released and it's worse that it was at the release. And IThe game is terrible. It's a shame that an EA game is in this condition. I don't recommend this game to anyone now, get it in 2 years. Lags, netcode, insta kills, unbalanced weapons and vehicles, maps are just a 'copy & paste', levolution isn't impressive at all, no levolution on China Rising maps. It's 6 months after the game was released and it's worse that it was at the release. And I am not a hater, I'm a fan of battlefield franchise for years now. Waste of time and money. Expand
  28. Jun 22, 2014
    I'm not even kidding when I say that made an account just to rate this monstrosity. This game is buggy as all hell. I can't believe that EA and Dice released this to be sold. Even more ridiculous is the high praise that it receives from critics. I cannot walk five feet without this game **** up somehow. Textures don't load, hitboxes are way messed up, and the "Incredible damage brought byI'm not even kidding when I say that made an account just to rate this monstrosity. This game is buggy as all hell. I can't believe that EA and Dice released this to be sold. Even more ridiculous is the high praise that it receives from critics. I cannot walk five feet without this game **** up somehow. Textures don't load, hitboxes are way messed up, and the "Incredible damage brought by the Frostbite engine that puts CoD to shame" is pathetic. This is not a finished game. A terrible way to start off the new consoles. I only hope that Dice and EA get their **** together for the new Mirror's Edge and Battlefront. I urge you to avoid this game, get anything else. Hell, set your $60 dollars on fire. Expand
  29. Jun 30, 2014
    Absolutely AWFUL. Netcode is crap like super crap. Bullets go impossible angles and also it makes you lag. I have very good internet and can play battlefield 3 fine. Guns are awful with balance. DMRs are completely Unplayable. UNrealistic bullet ballistics and drop. Headshots are a 2 shot. Grenades are a complete mess. People Spamm Grenades like ever. Campaign is the same as battlefieldAbsolutely AWFUL. Netcode is crap like super crap. Bullets go impossible angles and also it makes you lag. I have very good internet and can play battlefield 3 fine. Guns are awful with balance. DMRs are completely Unplayable. UNrealistic bullet ballistics and drop. Headshots are a 2 shot. Grenades are a complete mess. People Spamm Grenades like ever. Campaign is the same as battlefield 3. Boring and dull. If you want to play a good battlefield, play Bad company or battlefield 3 DONT PLAY THIS GAME Expand
  30. Aug 4, 2014
    Horrible "netcode" 30hz/10hz even with the CTE 30hz/30hz there are still plenty of wtf moments which lead to hackusations in every match.

DLC campaign obviously more important than fixing the broken mess of crap DICE Sweden created.

The campaign is a boring joke of hearing "RECKER, RECKER" a million times...
  31. Oct 4, 2014
    This is a great game, surpasses call of duty by a long shot. I like how the game is setup with the vehicles and all, HOWEVER......... The only complaints I have about this game are as follows #1- the respawn points are horrible, and the respawn delay is to long, and let's get realistic for a minute,#2 no one could shoot an enemy combatant through 4 walls of a main building 2,000 yardsThis is a great game, surpasses call of duty by a long shot. I like how the game is setup with the vehicles and all, HOWEVER......... The only complaints I have about this game are as follows #1- the respawn points are horrible, and the respawn delay is to long, and let's get realistic for a minute,#2 no one could shoot an enemy combatant through 4 walls of a main building 2,000 yards away, I mean Chris Kyle wasn't that good, and #3 when you come up behind someone and empty an entire clip into there back and then they turn around and one shot you WTF? or an assault rifle kill from across the map, really?? The dynamics are ridiculous, yes good graphics, but I would expect that for a new, more technologically advanced system so not real surprised about that. These guys who make these games should seriously consult some veterans or something because if I shoot you in the head with a .44 Magnum pistol, you are not going to turn around and kill me with your knife, which brings me to the worst thing about this game. You can NOT stab someone head to head, if you are not behind them they will just counter and kill you, it's dumb. While there are some great things that I absolutely love about this game, I just wish the designers of the game would get real man, Don't respawn me right in the middle of the enemy team and then make me wait 20 minutes to freaking respawn so that they can put me in the same place where I will just get killed again before my weapon is even up. hate it. I also don't like the unrealistic damage in these games. AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING SHOT IN THE BACK OVER AND OVER BECAUSE THE DUMB GAME WANTS TO RESPAWN THE ENEMY RIGHT BEHIND YOU TO WHAT GIVE THEM A FREE KILL. COME ON!!!!!! and take the dang red names off, if they can't see me they can't see me, they don't need help by putting a big sign above there head. I am 50/50 on this game. It is definitely better than call of duty, but I would really just one time, like to see a FPS that wouldn't do the things this game does, which I previously explained. It's worth the buy, but if you are a person that rages, this is not the game for you. The respawning is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!
    It's not bad enough that people don't even play right, ok look talking realism ok, people walking around shooting people with rocket launchers because they are not good is BS. Ok make the game rules based off the Geneva convention and the rules of war, you can't shoot a person with anything larger than a 50 cal unless they have an rpg or some type of anti vehicle weapon for starters. Make the damage a little more realistic, if I shoot a guy in the head don't make me have to use two clips to get him to half health while I get killed in one shot by a ricochet..... I guess some consistency is what I am asking for, and fix the dam respawn problems please. Oh and I just noticed while playing this dumb game, why in the hell can this guy not step over a freaking curb?????????? get stuck on leaves on the ground that I have to jump over???? what is that???? Come on, can someone make a decent FPS that isn't just an arcade game with good graphics that give bonuses to good players while mediocre players have to suffer and die. Cause they will get you across the map with a pistol, they just shoot it in the air and it finds you, thanks for the fair play battlefield (Insert sarcasm). Bunch of A**ho**s.
  32. Oct 22, 2014
    battlefield 4 is a first-person-shooter based in a modern military setting, firstly i will write a few short sentences for people who cannot read the entire review. The game is very enjoyable in multiplayer however the singleplayer is laughable the multiplayer is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gun mechanics are fantastic and the maps are amazing, in short if you like multiplayerbattlefield 4 is a first-person-shooter based in a modern military setting, firstly i will write a few short sentences for people who cannot read the entire review. The game is very enjoyable in multiplayer however the singleplayer is laughable the multiplayer is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gun mechanics are fantastic and the maps are amazing, in short if you like multiplayer games then this is a MUST buy. Ok now for a few warnings, while i have have had no issues with crashes within the game many people who encounter the CE-34878-0 error on other games (like CoD ghosts or resogun for example) you may not even get through the menu screens on this game (if so i recommend getting a replacement console of you have the warranty) but if you have had no such issues with other games (like me) then you should be fine. ok now for the graphics, on ps4 the game runs at 900p, not quite 1080p but the quality of the textures, the 64 player servers, massive maps and 60 fps make up for the small drop in resolution (it still runs higher than the xbox one though, which only runs at 720p). okay now for the gunplay, in short, the gameplay is amazing, however if i explain it further you will see how and why battlefield is truly brilliant, the game offers a large variety of weaponry, the controls are perfect, the vehicles are amazing, the level up system is brilliant, the weapons feel weighty and realistic (they sound terrific as-well) and there are many other things about the gameplay i could praise but i really don't have the time. Okay, last but not least, the maps, the maps are the best i have seen in any game (ever, not just on ps4) there are large maps, small maps, smaller versions of the larger conquest maps shrunk down to fit smaller team death-match games perfectly and all of them are brilliant, hell, one map even has a giant skyscraper that gets constantly attacked by each team while attempting to capture it and use it almost like a hub to jump from and parachute down to all other flags on the map, and if it gets hit enough by helicopter missiles, rocket launchers planes, ect. it can actually collapse! in conclusion the game is amazing (not perfect, far from it) and it is in my opinion the best ps4 game currently available. Expand
  33. Dec 28, 2014
    One year after its release it remains broken. I've lost my sp progress 3 times already... but the mp works really well and it's awesome!! So if you don't care about the sp gibe it a shot
  34. Jan 19, 2015
    First thing that comes to mind about this game after putting in a ton of hours is flaws. I'm mainly putting my point across the online game play as I didn't complete the campaign portion but the part i did play was fun. Don't get me wrong, online gameplay was fun but there are a ton of glitches that frustrated me beyond frustration. Snipers found glitches behind some rocks, some mechanicsFirst thing that comes to mind about this game after putting in a ton of hours is flaws. I'm mainly putting my point across the online game play as I didn't complete the campaign portion but the part i did play was fun. Don't get me wrong, online gameplay was fun but there are a ton of glitches that frustrated me beyond frustration. Snipers found glitches behind some rocks, some mechanics wouldn't work and a bit more. Most recent problem is how all the dlc weapon content became locked out of no where after spending so much time achieving most of the weapons. I didn't care for trying as if this happened there's no point in trying to fix it since it'll most likely happen again. I'm not going to pre order Hardline because of how glitchy this game is but hoping it comes out successful. Expand
  35. Jan 20, 2015
    Many people say they had problems with the multiplayer, but I didn't and really enjoyed it. Big maps, many different vehicles, and a huge amount of players in each map makes it actually kind of feel like a real battle. The campaign was somewhat short, but wasn't too bad.
  36. Nov 20, 2013
    It would be awesome if it was playable. Instead you get a game with a BUNCH of problems. Connections issues are the most obvious you get kicked out of everything but two modes really. Two types of kicks too one to the start screen and one to the PS4 home page. Then you have the fact the biggest draw (64 person matches) does not work at all. And playing with friends? What a joke. TheIt would be awesome if it was playable. Instead you get a game with a BUNCH of problems. Connections issues are the most obvious you get kicked out of everything but two modes really. Two types of kicks too one to the start screen and one to the PS4 home page. Then you have the fact the biggest draw (64 person matches) does not work at all. And playing with friends? What a joke. The only way you play with friends is to join on them while they are in a game. The problem? Most every single game is full most of the time. So you have to wait till a perfect moment when your friend says "SOMEONE LEFT QUE QUE QUE!!" and maybe just maybe you get to play together. Then one of you gets kicked from the game and you start it all over again. Or you are like me just say F it and go to sleep. This is a beautiful game when playable. But it's not playable so its really nothing more than a disaster. Expand
  37. Jan 31, 2014
    dont buy this piece of **** game its **** horrible it is really just battlefield 3 only it looks a little bit better the gun play is horrible, vechicle are way to powerful and way to easy for any stupid noob to use, their is no skill involved at all pretty much just luck because even though you shot first in a gun fight doesnt mean your going to kill them and suppression is the dumbestdont buy this piece of **** game its **** horrible it is really just battlefield 3 only it looks a little bit better the gun play is horrible, vechicle are way to powerful and way to easy for any stupid noob to use, their is no skill involved at all pretty much just luck because even though you shot first in a gun fight doesnt mean your going to kill them and suppression is the dumbest game mechanic I have ever seen their no put to it being their and honestly EA is going to put battlefield 5 out on the market in 2 years so they are trying to cash in a once great video game series im never buying another battlefield so i can pay 100 dollars for one **** videogame which is a complete cash in of your hard earn money and if i wear stuck on a desert island with battlefield 4 has my one game to play i would chuck it in the ocean that how much i love this game with all my heart. Expand
  38. Dec 6, 2013
    DO NOT BUY!! This game has critical game breaking errors that render it UNPLAYABLE even tho it's nearly a month after release. Do your research and see if they have fixed the crash errors before purchasing, you have been warned.
  39. Nov 26, 2013
    The game is gorgeous, the graphics are fantastic, and the music and scenery are great. I would give this game a much higher score, but the bugs are ridiculous. I've had to force close it regularly, and have lost my campaign save only a few hours in. I can't seriously recommend this game to anyone given it's present incomplete state. EA has some gall asking for a $50 premium subscriptionThe game is gorgeous, the graphics are fantastic, and the music and scenery are great. I would give this game a much higher score, but the bugs are ridiculous. I've had to force close it regularly, and have lost my campaign save only a few hours in. I can't seriously recommend this game to anyone given it's present incomplete state. EA has some gall asking for a $50 premium subscription for a game they weren't willing to put necessary polish into. Expand
  40. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the best looking console game ever made, and the maps are decent too.

But at launch, and a week later the game is very bad! If you enjoy singleplayer, you should try to finish the game in one sitting, because EVERYONE's saved game gets corrupted. The game crashes constantly, if you load battlelog from within it, or even just backing out to the main menu from the
    This is the best looking console game ever made, and the maps are decent too.

But at launch, and a week later the game is very bad!

The game crashes constantly, if you load battlelog from within it, or even just backing out to the main menu from the multiplayer menu it has crashed repeatedly.

After crashing and corrupting your data, it will then refuse to start without crashing again. But there's a workaround! If you press X as fast as you can while it's loading, it skips whatever was crashing it.

It's also a nightmare to make a party and have everyone join the same game, there is no good method to do so. Call of Duty lets you make a party, then join a game as that party, BF4 does not. You first have to find a server with enough open spaces, tell your friends to get ready, join it, then HOPE they all join it too before it fills up. The worst part is this only works half of the time, the other half your fiend doesn't make it and you have to wait for the level to load then quit, then try it all again.

Conquest mode doesn't work, that's the 64 player maps filled with vehicles and awesome. The quickmatch button never finds one and gets you into it, and joining the server directly doesn't work either.

Day One DLC, there's a mode with planes, and another mode that are unavailable until you buy the DLC that they belong to, which I think is $10 for each one.
  41. Nov 20, 2013
    I give it a 0 out of 10. It is a huge failure. A broken game. I was lucky to make it through the short campaign. The first time I got half way through the game crashed and corrupted my save data. Another time it corrupted a checkpoint and forced me to redo a whole mission.

Now, for the multiplayer. THERE IS NO CONQUEST! IT IS BROKEN! Do not buy this game! I'm trading it in! DICE says they are working on a fix. In the mean time, they did a server update and broke all the other modes except team death match. So, we are basically getting none of what was promised in the game. They make Call of Duty: Ghosts look like the best game ever made. I know that is not true, but it look like it when comparing the working game against Battlefield 4. Do youself a favor and buy another game instead.

I was a Battlefield fan and played over 150 of Battlefield 3 multiplayer.
  42. Nov 20, 2013
    Game looks great on PS4 but does not work. Online has gotten even worse since DICE started working on the servers. You can not even play the campaign without it getting corrupted and deleted. Big Battlefield fan but seriously their is no reason you should have released a game when even single player does not work. Yeah EA/DICE will patch the issue and fix it "eventually" but the gameGame looks great on PS4 but does not work. Online has gotten even worse since DICE started working on the servers. You can not even play the campaign without it getting corrupted and deleted. Big Battlefield fan but seriously their is no reason you should have released a game when even single player does not work. Yeah EA/DICE will patch the issue and fix it "eventually" but the game should have not even came out for next gen if this is how it plays. Expand
  43. Dec 2, 2013
    You will be sorely disappointed when you play this.. The campaign is one big plot hole, and the multiplayer is awful. Everything is preset and your best bet of unlocking it is by buying the premium. Maps are very linear and the weapons are uneven. If you can find a good game to play, chances are you wont be able to stick with it. Only good thing is that everything looks good, but thatYou will be sorely disappointed when you play this.. The campaign is one big plot hole, and the multiplayer is awful. Everything is preset and your best bet of unlocking it is by buying the premium. Maps are very linear and the weapons are uneven. If you can find a good game to play, chances are you wont be able to stick with it. Only good thing is that everything looks good, but that shouldn't be the selling point of this game. Expand
  44. Dec 12, 2013
    BF4 hits a pretty strong note on the visual side of things(aside from a few awful renditions of what look to be flying fish and sail fish jumping out of water during the campaign). Environments looks great, the crazy level of achievable terrain destruction is very fun to discover.

The BF4 campaign is, for the most part, pretty interesting. Nothing out of the box or mind blowing, but it keeps you interested none the less. Problems with game saving though has prevented many people(including myself) from completing the campaign. Personally, I have twice lost the game save(once at about 5 hours in and once at about 2-3) and have heard of others losing their spots up to 6 times. Needless to say this has discouraged me from any more attempts at completing the campaign, at least until a fix has been issued.

The multiplayer is a different animal entirely. As an experienced gamer(and no stranger to the FPS platform) it still took me well over a week to start getting scores marginally better than 1-1 KD ratio. A lot of which had to do with server lag issues. To drive this point home, Ive managed to get kills that look as though I miss by a solid 3 or 4 feet. Dying suddenly to the person who's gun only goes off only once you're waiting to respawn, is a regular thing as well. Spawning has also become messier than it was in the previous instalment. Spawning(then dying) with an enemy laser sight or flashlight already blinding you isn't all that uncommon. I had an enemy spawn close enough to me that I did not have to move to get a knife kill. The stories could go on for days. Another thing that is pretty disappointing is that load-out changes or customizations have to be done in game. This means people who want to simply customize load outs must eat up open server spots to do so. Not to mention if you are 'inactive' to long, you get booted. Other things that should be available with the base game, such as capture the flag mode are not. This has either not been released yet or is only available to premium members at a cost of 49.99$. Either way this seems unacceptable to me as CTF is one of the more popular game modes and my personal favourite. The large 'conquest' sized maps also leave for a lot of 'all or nothing' type scenarios. You're either walking around trying to find people to shoot at for minutes at a time, or are surrounded by so many enemies that it's hard to get yourself established.

All in all, it's an ok shooter that seems to have been a little rushed. Yes fixes and changes will happen but right now, most of the players I know are more likely to end up with their fist through a flat screen than a 'I love BF4' status on Facebook.
  45. Jan 6, 2014
    The servers do not work in Quick Match, the Conquest matches were offline the initial 3 weeks, and Origin/EA's customer support unattaching my gamertag to an Origin account that the Xbox One version automatically generated has been non existent after 3 weeks of tickets. The 2 weeks I've been able to play it so far? Lag Lag Lag.

Honestly, this was the year I gave Battlefield 4 a chance

Honestly, this was the year I gave Battlefield 4 a chance and I will DEFINITELY never waste my money or my time on another garbage DICE purchase again.
  46. Nov 21, 2013
    Don't make this the first game you buy on the PS4. EA can't seem to get the game to work worth a damn. The first weekend I had it I got constant errors and corrupt data. I decide to give it a few days (5) to get it's kinks worked out and give it another go. Well so far, no corrupt data or errors, but every time I try to connect to a match it fails, or if I manage to actually connect, itDon't make this the first game you buy on the PS4. EA can't seem to get the game to work worth a damn. The first weekend I had it I got constant errors and corrupt data. I decide to give it a few days (5) to get it's kinks worked out and give it another go. Well so far, no corrupt data or errors, but every time I try to connect to a match it fails, or if I manage to actually connect, it boots me in less then 5 minutes with connection issues.

This game has issues, and EA does not seem to care whether or not they have things working properly. I have always enjoyed battlefield more then other shooters, but if a game doesn't work and the company that makes it does not care, well then screw off, that's the last time you get money from me.

Kind Regards,
  47. Nov 16, 2013
    The Good
    The Good
    When I first played BF4, I got in a Zodiac on Hainan Resort Rush and beat the living out of the enemy, watching helicopters fly by and APC's rolling onto land. It felt epic to see as if the match I was playing was literally a campaign mission. The immersion of Battlefield 4 on the PS4 is so amazing that you will think that it is a campaign mission. The innovation of the game features more destruction brought back from BF BC2 (Doesn't really count) and other additions like closing doors, opening security gates, etc which is what makes BF4 great. The campaign on BF4 is still kinda bad however you will get a better time from it than CoD Ghosts or BF3.

The Bad
    Battlefield 4 may be an improvement in some parts of BF3 but it is a let down in others. Some of the weapons of the game once again prove to be useless and no one will ever use them i.e. DMR's (3 hits to kill someone instead of 2). BF4 also has many server problems (See BF4 on PS4 below) which account to my frustration towards DICE. I think the worst part about this game might be the netcode or suppression. I'm not sure if suppression really does anything towards the people I'm shooting at but the netcode is atrocious in BF4 from what I've seen. I'll give DICE the benefit of the doubt that it's new and all but still, if DICE doesn't fix the netcode problem then you're going to have a bad time on BF4. Also they removed Spawn invulnerability so expect to die immediately when you spawn on your squad-mates; I advise to spawn at a deployment site or in a vehicle with your squad.

BF4 on PS4

-Is this game as graphically good as the PC? No but not by much. If you have a high-end PC then get BF4 for the PC because BF4 looks as always best on the PC but if you have a low-end PC like mine that has difficulty playing BF3 Ultra settings, then get Battlefield 4 for the PS4. The PS4's raw horsepower allows the game to run 900p at 60 FPS. The 60 FPS alone should be a good thing.

-Are their problems with servers like on PC version? Yes there are problems on the PS4 version like on PC however there is a problem only on the PS4 called Error CZ 34878-0. If you get this error, it means that you have a corrupted save file on your PS4 and the only way you can fix it is by deleting it. Servers crash half the time and the netcode can be atrocious sometimes.

-I have a PS4 and I saw Killzone:SF and so the question is is BF4 better than KS:ZF? I can't say however I can say that KZ has dedicated servers which could be a +1 for them vs BF4 on the PS4.

BF4 has the opportunity to get Multiplayer of the year and even Game of the Year (Watch TLOU get it mark my words) but unfortunately faces many problems across all platforms with servers crashing and all that happening. If DICE cannot fix the game within the year, then the final verdict for this game IMO is going to be a 6/10. If DICE can fix the game, then my final rating for the game is going to be a 9/10 because for those who are reading this. The biggest problem in the game is server crashes, other than that it's a great multiplayer game (Note Multiplayer)

Hopefully DICE won't do this with SW Battlefront.
  48. Nov 20, 2013
    This game in it's current state is broken beyond my belief. Connection issues and servers crashing makes it unplayable. I spent over an hour searching for a game, and when I found one everyone would immediately begin walking in place. A sure sign of a crash) And before I know it i'm back at the title screen. The constant errors make it nearly untouchable. If things were fixed however, IThis game in it's current state is broken beyond my belief. Connection issues and servers crashing makes it unplayable. I spent over an hour searching for a game, and when I found one everyone would immediately begin walking in place. A sure sign of a crash) And before I know it i'm back at the title screen. The constant errors make it nearly untouchable. If things were fixed however, I would happily give this game a 9 score, But as of now there is no sign of change. Expand
  49. Dec 25, 2013
    Let the PR companies put a positive spin on this.. Seriously anyone dumb enough to actually read and believe the positive reviews of a game that's been publicly reviewed as broken is by definition an idiot. Once again All EA has to do is launch a b.s. Ad campaign and by the masses the drones follow. Enough is enough, games this broken shouldn't be released. Look at it this way, EA hasLet the PR companies put a positive spin on this.. Seriously anyone dumb enough to actually read and believe the positive reviews of a game that's been publicly reviewed as broken is by definition an idiot. Once again All EA has to do is launch a b.s. Ad campaign and by the masses the drones follow. Enough is enough, games this broken shouldn't be released. Look at it this way, EA has ceased production on any further titles in an effort to solve the major issues in this game. If you doubt it.. Google it, their own stock holders are taking them to court over this game alone. Think about how massively broken this game is when they need to bring people in from other departments, working on other games to fix the issues related to this game.

The sp campaign is lacklustre, if you can even complete it.., it's bugged and your saved games disappear because of a bug. The multi player has atrocious net code, lags constantly. Bullet loss and malfunctioning hit boxes result in your multiplayer experience being frustrating.

This is your opportunity as a gamer.. Stop the cycle of crap games like this being released before completion only to have the developer "fix" the issues in future patches. This game is crap.. Steer clear!
  50. Nov 20, 2013
    This game has the potential to be the best shooter ever made...BUT it's broken. I paid 60$ for a game that doesn't work. Crashed during campaign them to get a message telling me the save file is corrupt and that it needs to be overwritten...and then start the whole thing over. Can't even play conquest what a joke. EA you're eveything that's wrong with this world, making people pay 60$This game has the potential to be the best shooter ever made...BUT it's broken. I paid 60$ for a game that doesn't work. Crashed during campaign them to get a message telling me the save file is corrupt and that it needs to be overwritten...and then start the whole thing over. Can't even play conquest what a joke. EA you're eveything that's wrong with this world, making people pay 60$ for product you knew was unfinished. Expand
  51. Nov 19, 2013
    The game on PS4 simply does not work, and it's not a one-off situation, it's the same for everyone:
    1- you can't play the single player campaign as your save games files get corrupted every time.
    2- you can't play multiplayer (the reason BF exist...) because either it's impossible to join a server, or you get kicked out, or all other sorts of problems. IE there are no 64 players servers working so far, no Conquest mode, no Commander mode.
    3- It will basically get at least a month of patches, if things go well, to get the game to a level of playability even close.

Right now, it's just not working for anyone on PS4. Have a look at the Battlelog forums before buying it.

Every other game on PS4 works perfectly fine.
  52. Nov 19, 2013
    I'm having a hard time believing the "critics" are not being paid off. That or the requirements to become a "critic" are very low. This game on the PS4 simply does not work. The only way it could attain a high grade is if someone is basing their opinion solely on the graphics. The graphics are great, no doubt. The gameplay (if you get to play) is great as well but there is one hugeI'm having a hard time believing the "critics" are not being paid off. That or the requirements to become a "critic" are very low. This game on the PS4 simply does not work. The only way it could attain a high grade is if someone is basing their opinion solely on the graphics. The graphics are great, no doubt. The gameplay (if you get to play) is great as well but there is one huge problem. Every user. Not some. EVERY user is having problems. For starters Conquest and large conquest simply do not work. If a commander joins the server crashes. There are graphic anomalies on the overview screen before deploying. There is the infamous crash back to PS4 dashboard which inevitably corrupts your save data. So that more or less makes campaign an impossibility. You make any progress, get the crash (which is ridiculously common to everyone), you have to start over. The app for android has bugs. The website dos not recognize most people as premium members even though they've paid the extra money to be premium (I being one of them). Today was a mess of random disconnects even in rush which had worked somewhat prior to today. This game does not deserve high ratings till problems are solved. Expand
  53. Nov 19, 2013
    I have to base this simply on my play time. Not on what the game may one day be. Sadly... It's a complete failure. It's unplayable. I've had to create three different campaign saves, due to file corruption(I gave up). Most online match types are not join-able due to server drop, and i get constant error messages. Forcing immediate restarts. The only games I've been able to join are Rush.I have to base this simply on my play time. Not on what the game may one day be. Sadly... It's a complete failure. It's unplayable. I've had to create three different campaign saves, due to file corruption(I gave up). Most online match types are not join-able due to server drop, and i get constant error messages. Forcing immediate restarts. The only games I've been able to join are Rush. Which is crippled with server lag. Dice promised a patch early next week, but at this time I advise all to stay away. Spend time on the wonderful free games PSN offers us. Until a fix. Expand
  54. Nov 19, 2013
    This game should have been awesome, however, it's hampered by poor controller profiles, constant crashing, no available servers, poor squat chat, etc. EA should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a game that was no where near ready for release. I'm not sure how this is legal. If I sound upset, it's because I am. I'm a hardcore Battlefield player and have played nearly everyThis game should have been awesome, however, it's hampered by poor controller profiles, constant crashing, no available servers, poor squat chat, etc. EA should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a game that was no where near ready for release. I'm not sure how this is legal. If I sound upset, it's because I am. I'm a hardcore Battlefield player and have played nearly every Battlefield game there was. I'm just absolutely tired of EA releasing unfinished games that are just totally unplayable for $60 a pop. I purchased a game that I expected to play the day I bought it. I didn't preorder the game only to have to wait weeks or months for EA to fix the thing. I was really, really looking forward to playing Battlefield 4 on my PlayStation 4 with better graphics support and 60fps. I really wanted to play the Conquest Large games with 64 players a match. If you happen to even find a Conquest Large game, you'll never be able to finish it because the game will crash or you'll loose connection to the server. All your left with is CoD style games to play. Save yourself some money and just buy CoD Ghosts. Maybe in a few months, if EA gives DICE a chance to fix the myriad of crippling issues with Battlefield 4, then purchase the game. Expand
  55. Nov 20, 2013
    If this game actually worked I would give it a 9. The graphics are amazing. The levelution is amazing, the weapons and customization is amazing. The vehicles are amazing! The problem? You can't play the f'n game!!! If you can't even login and play the multiplayer game, then all the rest of the amazing features are totally useless! Most people get part way through the single player campaignIf this game actually worked I would give it a 9. The graphics are amazing. The levelution is amazing, the weapons and customization is amazing. The vehicles are amazing! The problem? You can't play the f'n game!!! If you can't even login and play the multiplayer game, then all the rest of the amazing features are totally useless! Most people get part way through the single player campaign to get a blue screen error message and lose ALL of their progress! Only having to start over and it errors out again! Frustrating. The multiplayer is even worse. You can't login to a game most of the time. When you do login to a game and start having fun, it loses connection. The "join" buttons are not accurate, they function differently than what the screen says they do. When playing, the graphics blur out every 60 seconds. There is no sound during the start of the game. No one can even play conquest right now, which is the most popular game mode. Horrible!!! Look at the battlelog forums and see the 10000+ complaints replying to the "known bf4 issues and next steps" Expand
  56. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is Broken, Unplayable, and an insult to customers. Looks great for the 5 minutes you can run it. I have had it since release day, and the one servers side patch they put out broke the game even worse.

I love the series, and would love the game if it worked, but being told on day 2 that you have to wait for a week to get a patch that MIGHT fix it is deplorable. They knew it

They knew it was broken before they released it, as the other platforms it was released on earlier are also busted. No other industry gets away with continuously putting out broken products.
  57. Jan 8, 2014
    From PS3 to PS4 -
    Okay, the graphics for this game on PS4 look amazing, sadly, that's about it. The game is still broken in every way. I get constant lag for no reason, froze in the load screen several times, and I lost my campaign progression, twice.
    From PS3 to PS4 -
    (The second time I didn't really care, the campaign is abysmal anyway. Just skip the entire thing... seriously, don't play it its that bad.)
    My advise, wait for the game to be fixed first, then buy it when it actually runs properly. In the state it's in right now, don't buy it.
  58. Jan 8, 2014
    It's January 8th. Game released 2 months ago servers are laggin and rubber-banding like a mofo, boatload of glitches and technical problems where maps draw from the start 20fps or the sound is missing from everything for good 20-30 seconds Tthat's about it... Good luck playing 4 hour crappy campaign, make sure to do backup save each checkpoint because when game crashes it corrupts itIt's January 8th. Game released 2 months ago servers are laggin and rubber-banding like a mofo, boatload of glitches and technical problems where maps draw from the start 20fps or the sound is missing from everything for good 20-30 seconds Tthat's about it... Good luck playing 4 hour crappy campaign, make sure to do backup save each checkpoint because when game crashes it corrupts it instantly and you need to start all over again Expand
  59. Jan 26, 2014
    even better than the PS3 version, the PS4 version of bf4 has shorter loads, a higher resolution at 1080p, and better framerate, now at 60 fps. several game modes now have room for more players, i.e. conquest now can have up to 64 players instead of 24. if you bought the last gen version, you can get this version for only $10 which is nice as well. the only real problems i have is that theeven better than the PS3 version, the PS4 version of bf4 has shorter loads, a higher resolution at 1080p, and better framerate, now at 60 fps. several game modes now have room for more players, i.e. conquest now can have up to 64 players instead of 24. if you bought the last gen version, you can get this version for only $10 which is nice as well. the only real problems i have is that the game sometimes freezes on the load screen, and while less than the last gen version, there is still some texture pop in, as well as the sp, while a bit prettier, still isn't any better than before. Expand
  60. Nov 21, 2013
    Here is my rating system for a console multiplayer combat shooters: Special Effects Appropriate to Quality Rating 2 points (1 point for graphics, 1 for sound); Gameplay Mechanics (Game modes, game maps, gear, classes, perks, ect.) 2 points; Team/Clan & Communications Support 2 points; Stability 2 points; Netcode 2 points. How does BF4 on the PS4 rate for me?

Special Effects

Special Effects Appropriate to a AAA title: 2/2
    Gameplay Mechanics: 2/2
    Team/Clan & Communications Support: 0/2
    Stability: 0/2
    Netcode: 0/2
    --------------------
    Total 4/10

I bought this game knowing what I was getting into and expecting this exact outcome based on DICE/EA's BF3 release on PS3; only I never thought they could do even worse. Pretty much every bad and mixed review already posted here is correct. If you can't tolerate an incomplete and unstable game that should not be on the retail market right now, then wait another 4-6 months before consideration of this title as it will be much more likely (but not guaranteed) to have improved by then.
  61. Jan 10, 2014
    Battlefield 4 has fairly fun gameplay, but that is to be expected of the series. Besides graphics, it does not differentiate itself much from the previous Battlefield 3. There is one MAJOR issue: the bugs. My save file was deleted 3 times and the online crashes regularly. Not worth the money in my opinion.
  62. Jan 14, 2014
    When I pre-ordered this game I was expecting the Battlefield Bad Company 2 experience. All this game offered to me was a bland campaign, and laggy multiplayer. Dice failed with this game.
  63. Jan 26, 2014
    By this point, almost all of the bugs are fixed, the netcode has drastically been improved, and weapon balance has been tended to. Yes, everyone, you can play it now. Even on last gen, but PC and next gen are where the meat of the fun is. Hell, its much better then any CoD.
  64. Feb 7, 2014
    This games graphics are almost as good as killzones. It is a fantastic fps. I am not good at this game, I feel the lack of aim assist messes with me. My son and his friends are good at it though. I have heard of so many people having issues with this game but I havent had one.
  65. Feb 20, 2014
    I bought this game along with my PS4 because the reviews were good. The storyline was ok, but when I went to do online, it was crap.

Maps are huge. I don't feel like running 50 miles to find a person to kill. And when I finally got to an opponent, i'd die from a helicopter or tank.

Definitely my last BF game i'm buying.
  66. Nov 19, 2013
    I was very excited to play Battlefield 4 on my PS4, came home from midnight launch and popped it right in. Was I expecting some bugs? Sure. Conquest doesn't work? Big deal, I'll go play Rush until its patched... except, I can't. In fact as soon as my game was booted up, it told me the update was ready for install, noticing it wasn't installing on its on I backed out to the dashboard and itI was very excited to play Battlefield 4 on my PS4, came home from midnight launch and popped it right in. Was I expecting some bugs? Sure. Conquest doesn't work? Big deal, I'll go play Rush until its patched... except, I can't. In fact as soon as my game was booted up, it told me the update was ready for install, noticing it wasn't installing on its on I backed out to the dashboard and it started to install. Upon relaunching my game my Options button wouldn't work.. Game then crashed. I decided to reinstall the game thinking I had a corrupted install, same fate. Tried a third time after the patch yesterday, crashed immediately.

I understand some people defending DICE/EA because THEY personally can play, but I cannot even get to the main menu without my game crashing completely. My copies of CoD: Ghosts, Assassins Creed 4, and Killzone: Shadow Fall have all worked flawlessly besides minor bugs but BF4 is completely and utterly broken, and as a long time fan of Battlefield it is frustrating. There is no excuse for the game simply not working at all out of the package, if that was the case it should have been delayed. I'm considering selling this off soon because apparently the PC version has been broken for almost 3 weeks now.
  67. Nov 20, 2013
    the good:

Pretty, the new frostbite engine makes the visuals pop. audio: The guns sound like their real life counterparts for the most part the fair: Music: sounds like techno or highly synthesized farts, just like the commercials. Not a fan. controls: no fully customization layouts, only 2 preset layouts. campaign: somewhat generic, feels like a action movie, seems more
    the good:

Pretty, the new frostbite engine makes the visuals pop.
    audio: The guns sound like their real life counterparts for the most part

the fair:

controls: no fully customization layouts, only 2 preset layouts.
    campaign: somewhat generic, feels like a action movie, seems more COD-like as opposed to realism.

the bad:
    Multiplayer: non-functional except for death match and defuse, all other game modes are broken or crash/disconnect before completing a match resulting in all exp gains being lost for that match. Exp for ribbons also are not being applied, though the game shows it is. Battlelog is laggy and at times non-functional as well. There is also no party system, so it is next to impossible to play with friends DICE has gone on record that a party system is a "feature to be added later )(really?)

in its current state, 4 out of 10.
  68. Nov 23, 2013
    They made it playable for PS4 now. Best FPS on the market hands down. If you want to see what the next level of FPS gaming is, you need to play BF4. Go DICE
  69. Nov 20, 2013
    Would love to give this the 9.2 it deserves, but falls very low because it bombed. I could accept crazy glitches and cheats but you can't even play the core of the game. Also I have to start the campaign over because of a corrupt file do to the massive number of crashes.
  70. Nov 19, 2013
    The fact is, the game is incomplete. There are numerous gigantic bugs that leave this game near unplayable. EA has released yet another game that should not have been released. So far there are seven major issues.

1. Game stability Crashes all the time for many users triggering error ce-34878-0 2. Save files Files corrupt almost every time an error ce-34878-0 occurs. 3. Network

2. Save files Files corrupt almost every time an error ce-34878-0 occurs.

3. Network stability Servers frequently kick players from matches often triggering the error ce-34878-0.

4. Game modes Half functioning at best. Obliteration often has server crashes, the main draw for The Battlefield seriesconquest and conquest large do no function at all.

5. Commander mode Has now been disabled, proven to be to buggy.

6. Battle-log Does not update or maintain changes made on computer, phone, or tablet devices; often crashes the game when pulling Battle-log up in game on PS4.

7. MP Stats do not save mot the time due to the frequent kicks from servers.

The game should not have been released. I regret paying full price for this, and EA has been quiet on when it will be fixed.
  71. Jan 28, 2014
    The game is ok. Runs at 45-60fps at 900p (Which looks better in motion than I thought it would admittedly.) but is still not the most visually impressive game on the PS4 by any means.

The real let down of this game is, every time you try the single player the save WILL be deleted when you try to resume the game. A pity because what I have played so far was very entertaining. The game

The game was released unfixed. I waited until the game had been patched to buy it (I bought it in the middle of Jan 14) and there are still major issues. The single player is not worth trying at this point because you will loose the save.

The multi-player is riddled with glitches. You know all those times Battlefield 3 'kinda' glitched occasionally.... well, this one does that all the time (BTW I have the pc version of Battlefield 3). There is constant rubber banding (Even with good ping, and strangely enough, I even seem to encounter it in single player at times???) and you will normally not hit the people you are shooting at. I don't mean you'll miss, I mean that you will hit them, but nothing will happen. The collision boundaries on objects are set up so poor you often get stuck in arbitrary places, for instance you will get stuck on rubble when crawling (Something that happened occasionally in BF3.)

This game is a joke, even after several patches it's still not much more playable than the broken beta they released last year. Not to mention that for now there is only 10vs10 team death match! I like conquest, but sometimes a big TDM hits the spot and I feel cheated as EA were clearly saying that the ps4 and X one had PC 'parity' in terms of player count.

I do not appreciate paying a premium for an unfinished game!
  72. Dec 6, 2013
    Lots of great additions in this game such as Commander & integration with phone apps but the stability is shocking!
    Lots of bugs hamper gameplay too (1-shot kills, spawn trapping and zero spawn-protection).
    Changing the controls between BF3 & BF4 hasn't enamoured many (I've gotten used to them) but WHY have they changed them again between platforms? (aim/shoot is L1/R1 on PS3 but L2/R2 on PS4 and it's NOT changeable)
    In 3 months, I'm sure that this game will be great but right now, it's marred.
  73. Nov 20, 2013
    Game on ps4 is garbage UNPLAYEABLE. and even after all of that EA decided to release an unfinished game to the market. this is unacceptable for a game.
  74. Nov 21, 2013
    this game is broken mess.

-Single player saves corrupt/disappear
    -64player Conquest game do NOT work. period
    -random crashes
    -no squads
    -no way to play with friends on the same team
    -no way to change loadouts in the main menu

PS4 version
  75. Nov 19, 2013
    If I was to review this game on the game itself I would probably give it an 8 or a 9 but to be completely honest I can not in good faith give such a review.

Battlefield 4 is great and looks very pretty...when it works. EA/DICE (mostly EA) has yet again dropped the ball on another triple A title. When the game works the visuals are fantastic, the 1080p looks amazing and the sounds are

When the game works the visuals are fantastic, the 1080p looks amazing and the sounds are equally amazing. I've had the chance to play some domination online and as expected the experience was great but what Battlefield fans are looking for is the signature modes of rush and conquest, I was able to join a couple of games in these modes but was promptly disconnected from EA with in minutes of starting the match, this then sometimes generates an error that forces you to close the application all together and in turn corrupting your save file.

DICE is not without its faults as well, they have gone above and beyond to promote the fact that BF4 is all about teamwork and going lone wolf would be difficult to do. For some reason though DICE has neglected to add a party system on Battlefield 4 like there was on Battlefield 3 where you can get a bunch of your friends together and then create squads and join servers together. No where on BF4 is there a place to do this, instead you have to join on one friend who is on a server and hope that there is enough room for you to at least get in the game never mind being on the same team as him.

If you're looking to buy this game I would say to wait for now. DICE I'm sure is working on the issues that is plaguing this game not only for PS4 but PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 as well (I'm sure Xbox one will have its issues but that has not been released during the writing of this review). Hold on to your hard earned money until you know for sure that the game has been fixed to at least be playable, I know there's always going to be minor issues that have to be fixed in the background but as of right now this game, in my opinion is broken.

Once BF4 is fixed then I will write another review and I'm sure the score will be a lot higher. In my eyes though the game will never be a 10 because of all the issues caused by poor quality control.
  76. Dec 17, 2013
    I have to be fair and review this game while including all of the crashes and error messages that I've encountered. First off, this is by far the best Battlefield installment yet. The graphics are top notch and really show off just a smidge of what the Playstation 4 is capable of. The environments are fully destructible and some buildings will crumble completely do the ground. It'sI have to be fair and review this game while including all of the crashes and error messages that I've encountered. First off, this is by far the best Battlefield installment yet. The graphics are top notch and really show off just a smidge of what the Playstation 4 is capable of. The environments are fully destructible and some buildings will crumble completely do the ground. It's breathtaking to watch! On some maps, weather can completely change the tide of battle. Storms can blow through with strong winds and rain and can make it sometimes change your visibility. The sounds are very authentic, especially if you change to "wartapes" in the sound options. The controls are top notch and the fun factor is through the roof. With all this being said, the bugs are absolutely horrible! My game crashes about 1 out of every 4 games I play. The crashes are mostly with the Conquest mode. It makes it very frustrating and although I've always been a huge Battlefield fan, I've almost stopped playing entirely on quite a few occasions. The hope is still here that they will fix these issues soon. This is a great game to buy but I would wait a few months until they've fixed all of the issues. Expand
  77. Jan 5, 2014
    I honestly can't believe people payed $60 (+$50 for premium) for a broken BF3 downgrade. It's essentially a beta that you pay for. In fact, it's more broken that the beta that was released months ago. Freezing and god awful netcode makes this game unplayable.

Ignore the critics, this game is awful. Spend your money somewhere else. Perhaps on a game that is finished.
  78. Nov 19, 2013
    A promising game... tarnished by sloppy rushed development. BF4 for the PS4 is a game that promises big action and it delivers when it is working which sadly is very little right now.

The good: Beautifully detailed graphics and smooth 60 frames per second, fun multiplayer modes with plenty of epic moments to be had. showcases well what the new console can do graphically and the sounds are very good.

The bad: Honestly I can't can't tell you much about the single player campaign because the game corrupts the save file whenever it crashes and it happens a lot. On the multiplayer side there are many modes for you to try but at this date only Team Death Match and Domination work reliably and the much touted commander mode (accessible through an app on android and IOS devices) is disabled because of a game crashing bug.

Dice claims to be working on a fix for some these things and plans to release a patch in a week or so but won't say what is on that patch. The list of bugs goes on but you get the idea.

Bottom line: It will likely become a great multiplayer game in a few months but stay away from it. It is pretty rough right now even when comparing it to the similarly troubled Battlefield 3 release a few years ago. I can't in good conscience label it a complete failure but the technical execution leaves much to be desired.
  79. Nov 19, 2013
    This game has major issues. The graphics are great and the controls are solid. That's where the good stuff ends. This game crashes so much that it's literally unplayable. Do not waste your money on this title.
  80. Nov 20, 2013
    64 player battles on my new PS4 was the reason I purchased a launch day console. I have yet to experience this 6 days later. On the Friday of launch week I got my console and game and set everything up. Multiplayer was not working right away so I started the campaign.

An hour or two later I started multiplayer with some friends. There is currently no way to group up before entering a battle. You have to join a match and then hope your friends can follow you. If there are no open slots you are out of luck because there is no queue. It has almost been a week now and the multiplayer is severely broken. You can play 10 v 10 deathmatch and domination, but none of the other modes work.

I went back to resume my campaign that I saved and all of my progress has been erased. I am extremely disappointed in DICE and will not purchase another of their games at launch.

The two reasons this game gets 4/10 are the graphics and the feel of combat. When you can play it really is amazing. If they get it fixed I will come and update my review.
  81. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is broken. I do not recommend. So far the only game modes you can play on multiplayer are the 16 player maps Every so often your save data gets corrupted and your single player progress is lost and you multiplayer settings are corrupted.
  82. Nov 20, 2013
    Had a good time playing it, but there was a lot of issues that made the game feel rushed out to meet the console release. One of the big ones was that I could not play conquest. It would just tell me my internet was not working. I could play every other game type though. Also, being a game programmer at a big company, I saw many issues that are easy to fix, that just were not. ConnectionHad a good time playing it, but there was a lot of issues that made the game feel rushed out to meet the console release. One of the big ones was that I could not play conquest. It would just tell me my internet was not working. I could play every other game type though. Also, being a game programmer at a big company, I saw many issues that are easy to fix, that just were not. Connection issues and lag were also an issue, even on my 50mb/s internet.
    Still have not seen some of the major issues with BF, that have been around since last game, fixed.
  83. Nov 19, 2013
    This game has a lot of promise and does some awesome new stuff. However, EA is still apparently incapable of running servers consistently to meet the needs of their new release. This happens every time a new Battlefield hits, as well as other games like SimCity. At this point, EA has no excuse in regards to their incapability to understand servers.
  84. Dec 27, 2013
    Well, I have to say this would of been an 8 or 9 game. The single campaign has a good story with some epic moments and the multiplayer is improved once again to make it even more a thrill ride.

The problem I had is the countless save file corruptions. Twice!! Each time I was almost at the end and it sudden stops, I start it up again and it says that the file is corrupt and it has to be overwritten. Absolute waste of time and I know I'm not the only one this has happened to. Shame really... Great game, worth a play through especially if you have a new PS4 to try it out on but man, I find it hard to be likable after it corrupted twice on me.
  85. Nov 16, 2013
    Trolls are trying to bring this games user score down but BF4 is definitely one of the best launch games for the PS4. However, you'll just want to rent the game or borrow it from a friend if you only want to check out the campaign, this is a mainly a multiplayer game (this should be known by now though)
  86. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is barely functional. Saves keep getting corrupted, multiplayer modes are down more than they are up. The little gameplay you are able to experience, between game breaking flaws, does not deserve any praise. Terrible game.
  87. Nov 27, 2013
    One of my favorite games before they "fixed it" Nearly unplayable garbage. I approached this game with much optimism, enough at least to hedge almost all of my next generation fun for at least the first few months on this one title. I loved BC2 I loved BF3, but this is a spit in the face from both EA and DICE. In a time where consumers have more of a voice than ever they are choosing toOne of my favorite games before they "fixed it" Nearly unplayable garbage. I approached this game with much optimism, enough at least to hedge almost all of my next generation fun for at least the first few months on this one title. I loved BC2 I loved BF3, but this is a spit in the face from both EA and DICE. In a time where consumers have more of a voice than ever they are choosing to not follow suit and instead shun their fanbase whilst copying their biggest rival and competition. The sad part of this all is the changes made to this game actually make me wish I had gotten COD instead, at least I would have the real thing instead of an expensive knock-off. Expand
  88. Dec 1, 2013
    Game is unplayable and has been since launch. Crashes to dashboard all the time, and no word from EA or Dice regarding the issues. They gave double xp for thanksgiving weekend, yet you cannot even play to benefit from this. Game was unfinished. They also will not accept refunds...so there you go.
  89. Dec 31, 2013
    Review of multiplayer... Even when the game isn't acting like a beta version there are far too many headscratching moments that will leave you more than a little frustrated. Cannot customize buttons yet! C'mon! I have a strange feeling that the field of view I see is about a yard behind my avatar as is obvious by the fact that I am constantly getting mowed down by people in a room that IReview of multiplayer... Even when the game isn't acting like a beta version there are far too many headscratching moments that will leave you more than a little frustrated. Cannot customize buttons yet! C'mon! I have a strange feeling that the field of view I see is about a yard behind my avatar as is obvious by the fact that I am constantly getting mowed down by people in a room that I have not even entered yet and how completely ineffective the cover I'm hiding behind seems to be. People on your own team are sometimes identified as such AFTER you've killed them (hardcore mode). Bullet pass-through with no damage. Enemy's orientation cannot possibly be true to what you are seeing is I often seem to be killed by enemies that must have guns with 90 degree bends in them. And FYI, I only play in games where it tells me my connection is maxed out, so none of these are due to a slow connection. If you pay attention, the list of balls that were dropped during the making of this game just grows and grows. The initial feeling of "I just need time to get better and improve my k/d ratio or help my team" turns to "I just need to camp all the time and memorize the places the enemy spawns and camp some more." The list of bad far outweighs the good... oh... and to the people that defend a game company that released a game when it was far from a finished product (losing progress, unavailable multiplayer games, major glitches, etc...) I have to ask if you've ever earned your own money or does mommy and daddy buy everything for you? Have you ever managed a project and been held accountable for your results? Stop letting people walk all over you and hold them accountable. It's your right as a consumer.

I will admit, I did spend a lot of time playing this game, which is what has ultimately led to my low score as more and more shortcomings are revealed. So maybe if you can pick it up at a decent price you will get good value out of it, just don't expect the next gen Battlefield experience you were hoping for.
  90. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a buggy P.O.S. After my single player saves went corrupt 3 times I lost interest in the campaign. There are countless multiplayer bugs. Once you are in a game you are basically just waiting to crash. Dice needs to fix this game before they focus on the DLC packs.
  91. Nov 19, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a powerful entry in the multiplayer FPS scene, and improves vastly upon its predecessor. It is somewhat hindered, however, by a alarmingly large number of problems with its online component.

As seems to be the trend with most games in its competitive niche, Battlefield 4 adopts a single-player campaign largely for the purposes of marketing. It's short and provides some fairly impressive set pieces, but brings no advancements in narrative and fails to avoid invoking tropes in shooter campaigns that we've seen so many times.

Of course, it's the online multiplayer of Battlefield 4 that comprises the bulk of the game. It's a robust offering, with extremely developed player progression and deep gunplay and vehicle mechanics that outperforms competing games such as Call of Duty in certain respects. While the "Levolution" feature admittedly loses its charm after you've destroyed the same skyscraper for the third or fourth time, and so on, it's a novel element and a sign that the franchise is indeed still innovating. Player and weapon customization has been greatly expanded upon from Battlefield 3, and a real mix of balanced attachments and guns now make the "best" combination for a kit unclear, encouraging diversity. There have been some controversial moves taken with the kits and their respective equipment, but none that have clearly unbalanced the game. The two new game modes, "Obliteration" and "Defuse," seem to be more competitively-focused, and are welcome additions overall, drawing from concepts that Battlefield fans have been asking for.
    Overall, Battlefield 4's gameplay is superb, and would have merited it a 9 or 10 rating from me were it not plagued by certain problems I'll discuss later.

Regarding the PlayStation 4 in particular, the graphical quality of the game is amazing, and Battlefield 4 is easily among the best, if not the best, launch titles in terms of visual aesthetics.

Yes, Battlefield 4 is beautiful, but only when it works. To be blunt, the servers are in terrible condition, and you will often find yourself disconnected mid-game. You may find yourself losing records of stats, kills, stored experience boosts, and so on, with frustrating regularity. Both server-side and client-side patches have been promised to fix these problems, and they can't come soon enough. Speaking candidly, Battlefield 4 is an unfinished product.

One last qualm is with the new "Battlepack" system. EA seems to have placed this in the game as a way to introduce microtransactions into Battlefield 4 similar to Mass Effect 3's, but their purpose seems to have been confused. There's currently no way to purchase them, and yet they come in randomized packs with varying levels of rarity, like a collector's card pack would. The Battlepacks unlock at certain rank intervals, which would be an acceptable system were they not often made inaccessible by the unreliability of the servers.

That's the prevailing issue with Battlefield 4; it's a wonderful game, but only when you're able to play it.
  92. Apr 18, 2014
    The game in itself is good, but there are game-breaking aspects that ruin the whole experience.
    Personally I liked the campaign but it was too short and scripted, the only time when you can make a story changing decision is when the campaign ends. Wouldn't recommend buying this game just for the campaign, as it is a waste of money.
    The thing that makes Battlefield a big title is the
    The thing that makes Battlefield a big title is the multiplayer. In this specific title I can rarely find it fun. The game is a rage inducing experience due to bugs, horrible design decisions and really bad servers. I didn't have this problems with other Battlefield games.
    I don't recommend this game, you have lots of other options.
  93. Dec 10, 2013
    I have played this game for about 3hrs in multiplayer plus the campaign hours and I gotta say that I have also encountered MANY problems with the multiplayer servers and crashes e.t.c. I really enjoyed the multiplayer in BF3 but in my pinion BF4 just isn't for me. The maps in TDM and the gameplay is more call of duty style, and I like playing Cod Ghosts, but never did I want BF4 to be likeI have played this game for about 3hrs in multiplayer plus the campaign hours and I gotta say that I have also encountered MANY problems with the multiplayer servers and crashes e.t.c. I really enjoyed the multiplayer in BF3 but in my pinion BF4 just isn't for me. The maps in TDM and the gameplay is more call of duty style, and I like playing Cod Ghosts, but never did I want BF4 to be like a call of duty, specially when it's made more realistic. I love BF3s multiplayer, TDM or domination, but all the cool new features in the 4th go to waste with the server problems and the weird COD style it has, it just doesn't feel right when I play it. I try to like the game but I only endup liking the campaign (no premium for me this year definitely!) Expand
  94. Mar 9, 2014
    I'm a long time fan a battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 2 But battlefield 4 is a complete downgrade of both.its not a bad game it just has very major problems such as not being able to join your friends in the lobby aAnd join a game.most of the time you have to wait till people quit their game which is always full before you can joinand when you tryin to a server browser and youI'm a long time fan a battlefield bad company 2 and battlefield 2 But battlefield 4 is a complete downgrade of both.its not a bad game it just has very major problems such as not being able to join your friends in the lobby aAnd join a game.most of the time you have to wait till people quit their game which is always full before you can joinand when you tryin to a server browser and you filter out the servers nothing but full servers still pOp Up. the only way to join a game is by joining quick matchanother major flaw that I saw was flying a jet And battling it out with another jet. the maPS are so small we only do circle round each other its not funRren s being so small for the Jets you're not allowed to go out of bounds or you die also we can't go on the enemy side or you get shot by automatic tuRrent. does evolution is good but gets very boring after a while battlefield bad company 2 destruction was a lot better the problem with love Levolution is when the buildings falling you instantly die without it even falling on you.this game is still fun to play But these are very major flaws. that rUin the game play for me. Expand
  95. Feb 9, 2014
    Oh god, where do I even begin with the singleplayer? It;s terrible, just like COD. BF and COD both cover up their terrible singleplayer with their multiplayer. But I digress, the multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The gameplay is very nice, and the motion feels smooth, especially when running at 60 FPS in 1080p! **** Xbox One) Huge maps and players. People may complain that it's hard toOh god, where do I even begin with the singleplayer? It;s terrible, just like COD. BF and COD both cover up their terrible singleplayer with their multiplayer. But I digress, the multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The gameplay is very nice, and the motion feels smooth, especially when running at 60 FPS in 1080p! **** Xbox One) Huge maps and players. People may complain that it's hard to get a kill in BF, and that is true. But, if you want a more quick action shooter type, you can get on servers with smaller maps so you can kill someone easier. Loads of different vehicles. The graphics are amazing also, vital for multiplayer nowadays. Singleplayer: Terrible. Multiplayer: I have played it 5 hours straight in one night. Expand
  96. Jan 10, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an improvement on battlefield 3 in terms of Sound, Graphics, Gameplay, and Unlockables. Sadly battlefield 4 has many playability issues for example: my campaign data doesn't save and server connection issues are quite frequent. Even with these bugs battlefield 4's gameplay is still incredibly polished and although the campaign lacks innovation the multiplayer more thanBattlefield 4 is an improvement on battlefield 3 in terms of Sound, Graphics, Gameplay, and Unlockables. Sadly battlefield 4 has many playability issues for example: my campaign data doesn't save and server connection issues are quite frequent. Even with these bugs battlefield 4's gameplay is still incredibly polished and although the campaign lacks innovation the multiplayer more than makes up for it. One thing that I have found amazingly enjoyable about battlefield 4 is the way guns are unlocked, the way this works is the only way to unlock say the Hawk-12G Shotgun is by using other shotguns the same goes for Sniper rifles, Pistols, assault rifles, L.M.Gs, P.D.W's, Carbines, D.M.Rs and even Grenades. Weapon attachments are unlocked in a very smart way the only way to unlock the red dot sight for a P.D.W for example is to get a set amount of kills with that P.D.W, in addition to this battlefield 4 has added battle packs (similar to gears of war judgement's prizeboxes) these packs come in 4 varieties (bronze, silver, gold and weapon specific) each one gives you a set of randomized items including xp boosts and weapon attachments. While bronze, silver and gold packs are unlocked by leveling up weapon specific ones are unlocked by getting kills with that specific weapon. Add to all this commander mode a mode that let's you join a server and give orders to a team if successful allow you to perform feats such as infantry scans and deploying a gunship. Overall battlefield 4 is a great game to start out your ps4 with it is considerably better then rival call of duty ghost and a great FPS in general despite many bugs and glitches that are still being fixed. Expand
  97. Dec 22, 2013
    En ps3 le he dado un 4 y en este un 7 porque no he encontrado los fallos mas graves que tenia en ps3 como los bloqueos que para mi era lo principal, en ps4 todavía y todo madera no se me ha bloqueado y he jugado 8 o 9 horas ya en multiplayer, otra cosa por la que creo que es mejor es porque solo he tenido que pagar 10€ para actualizar de la versión de ps3 a ps4 y así tengo los dos juegosEn ps3 le he dado un 4 y en este un 7 porque no he encontrado los fallos mas graves que tenia en ps3 como los bloqueos que para mi era lo principal, en ps4 todavía y todo madera no se me ha bloqueado y he jugado 8 o 9 horas ya en multiplayer, otra cosa por la que creo que es mejor es porque solo he tenido que pagar 10€ para actualizar de la versión de ps3 a ps4 y así tengo los dos juegos solo por 10€ mas. Expand
  98. Dec 23, 2013
    Bugs, bugs and bugs. Game on PS4 are unplayable 4 times DICE try fix with patch. nothing help this game. I waste only money. NETCODE is a joke, sound issues pstols not shooting good when shoot 4 bullets pistol stop shoting WTF
  99. Jan 16, 2014
    PS4: 9.5 out of 10 if possible.

Battlefield 4 is by far my favorite of any of the Battlefield games that I've played. The graphics look absolutely incredible, the campaign was okay, and the multiplayer is absolutely incredible. BF4's campaign story was just so-so in my opinion. While the gameplay itself was pretty fun, the story was lacking, and each level ended with a very over
    PS4: 9.5 out of 10 if possible.

BF4's campaign story was just so-so in my opinion. While the gameplay itself was pretty fun, the story was lacking, and each level ended with a very over dramatic cutscene in which the character barely makes it out of a situation alive; these cutscenes occurred so frequently that it was almost unbearable by the time it got to the third mission. One thing I really liked was the scoring aspect they incorporated into the campaign. The scoring definitely made me want to try harder to get head shots and multi-kills, but still didn't quite make up for the mediocre story and the over dramatic cutscenes at the end of each level. Overall, the campaign was just okay and felt lacking in both story voice-acting, but the scoring aspects did make it slightly more enjoyable.

That being said I've never really bought a Battlefield game for the story. As for the multiplayer, this may be one of my favorite online multiplayer experiences EVER. The 32 vs. 32 game types are absolutely insane! There are people and vehicles everywhere and stuff is constantly blowing up or getting gunned down. The maps are absolutely gorgeous and are the perfect size for the amount of players on them and each map is extremely different from the next. This Battlefield has incorporated A LOT more guns in this game then any of its predecessors that allows for literally billions of possible load outs. The leveling system is perfect in my opinion. I never felt as if I got something too soon or should have gotten a particular vehicle attachment or perk sooner. That being said I am constantly unlocking things every level just because there are literally thousands of things to unlock; so while I am unlocking things every game it's never overwhelming or unexpected.

I personally have been very lucky and haven't experienced too many of the bugs and issues that many other players are having. I'll occasionally get kicked out of a game for no reason or have trouble connecting to a server but these occurrences are extremely rarely.

Despite the online bugs and an okay campaign Battlefield 4 is by far one of the best shooters I've ever played and would recommend this game over ANY other Playstation 4 release title, hands down.
  100. Jan 21, 2014
    This is an amazing game. The fact that they can get a 32 vs. 32 player FPS game with the amazing detail they include to work is astounding. This is pretty much the only game on play on my PS4. It offers hours of fast paced action on a plethora of types of maps. You can go from the wide open fights of Golmud Railway, to the confined grenade and PDW fest that is Operation Locker. TheThis is an amazing game. The fact that they can get a 32 vs. 32 player FPS game with the amazing detail they include to work is astounding. This is pretty much the only game on play on my PS4. It offers hours of fast paced action on a plethora of types of maps. You can go from the wide open fights of Golmud Railway, to the confined grenade and PDW fest that is Operation Locker. The battlepacks are a great new feature that keep you wanting to play more and unlock new things. The 2 greatest changes from battlefield 3 to 4 is Levolution and Customization. Levolution and destructible environments are breathtaking and play a huge part in the gameplay and strategy especially on the middle objective of Operation locker and the Tower in Siege of Shanghai. There are an extremely large number of attachments and camoes for weapons and vehicles that really step up from the few choices in BF3. It would be a ten out of ten if it were not for the DLC delays and the bugs in the filters when searching for a server that fits your liking. Premium is also worth it because you get weekly new things, early DLC access and cool new weapons such as knives. The carbon Fiber knife is definitely the best. If you do not have this game, you should go and pick it up and if you can afford it, get premium. I have ghosts, but i never play it when I have BF4 available. Expand

1. Apr 16, 2014
    In comparison with the current-gen of consoles, Battlefield 4 is the shooter for the next-gen consoles. The graphics are even more stunning than before and there’s an ability to play with more gamers on the console. Choose the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One-version above the current-gen versions.
  2. The issues aren’t ruinous, and in the case of the multiplayer more an inconvenience that EA needs to address than anything else – but it’s enough to take the shine off what should be one of the best shooters on PS4.
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an excellent multiplayer FPS with wildly varied vehicles and interesting maps. [Jan 2014]