6.8

1. Nov 16, 2013
    The Good
    The Good
    When I first played BF4, I got in a Zodiac on Hainan Resort Rush and beat the living out of the enemy, watching helicopters fly by and APC's rolling onto land. It felt epic to see as if the match I was playing was literally a campaign mission. The immersion of Battlefield 4 on the PS4 is so amazing that you will think that it is a campaign mission. The innovation of the game features more destruction brought back from BF BC2 (Doesn't really count) and other additions like closing doors, opening security gates, etc which is what makes BF4 great. The campaign on BF4 is still kinda bad however you will get a better time from it than CoD Ghosts or BF3.

The Bad
    Battlefield 4 may be an improvement in some parts of BF3 but it is a let down in others. Some of the weapons of the game once again prove to be useless and no one will ever use them i.e. DMR's (3 hits to kill someone instead of 2). BF4 also has many server problems (See BF4 on PS4 below) which account to my frustration towards DICE. I think the worst part about this game might be the netcode or suppression. I'm not sure if suppression really does anything towards the people I'm shooting at but the netcode is atrocious in BF4 from what I've seen. I'll give DICE the benefit of the doubt that it's new and all but still, if DICE doesn't fix the netcode problem then you're going to have a bad time on BF4. Also they removed Spawn invulnerability so expect to die immediately when you spawn on your squad-mates; I advise to spawn at a deployment site or in a vehicle with your squad.

BF4 on PS4

-Is this game as graphically good as the PC? No but not by much. If you have a high-end PC then get BF4 for the PC because BF4 looks as always best on the PC but if you have a low-end PC like mine that has difficulty playing BF3 Ultra settings, then get Battlefield 4 for the PS4. The PS4's raw horsepower allows the game to run 900p at 60 FPS. The 60 FPS alone should be a good thing.

-Are their problems with servers like on PC version? Yes there are problems on the PS4 version like on PC however there is a problem only on the PS4 called Error CZ 34878-0. If you get this error, it means that you have a corrupted save file on your PS4 and the only way you can fix it is by deleting it. Servers crash half the time and the netcode can be atrocious sometimes.

-I have a PS4 and I saw Killzone:SF and so the question is is BF4 better than KS:ZF? I can't say however I can say that KZ has dedicated servers which could be a +1 for them vs BF4 on the PS4.

BF4 has the opportunity to get Multiplayer of the year and even Game of the Year (Watch TLOU get it mark my words) but unfortunately faces many problems across all platforms with servers crashing and all that happening. If DICE cannot fix the game within the year, then the final verdict for this game IMO is going to be a 6/10. If DICE can fix the game, then my final rating for the game is going to be a 9/10 because for those who are reading this. The biggest problem in the game is server crashes, other than that it's a great multiplayer game (Note Multiplayer)

Hopefully DICE won't do this with SW Battlefront.
  2. Jan 8, 2014
    From PS3 to PS4 -
    Okay, the graphics for this game on PS4 look amazing, sadly, that's about it. The game is still broken in every way. I get constant lag for no reason, froze in the load screen several times, and I lost my campaign progression, twice.
    From PS3 to PS4 -
    (The second time I didn't really care, the campaign is abysmal anyway. Just skip the entire thing... seriously, don't play it its that bad.)
    My advise, wait for the game to be fixed first, then buy it when it actually runs properly. In the state it's in right now, don't buy it.
  3. Mar 2, 2014
    only real criticism is the lack of bullet damage. shooting in the face doesnt harm anybody apparently. also if you shoot somebody bout 5 times first they can turn and pop you once and YOU die. pisses me off they didnt learn from BF3 also buggy as ****
  4. Jan 22, 2014
    Fans really want to dig the latest game -"if connection issues was fixed" etc. Fact is after two months and a couple of major updates, this is it. Dice, bf4-mp for ps4 is bumpy as a camels back and you should pay people for playing your beta.
  5. Dec 22, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is a good FPS, with really great graphics (even 1 year after its release) but it does nothing more than expected, the solo campaign is very short and the story lacks almost any kind of interest BUT offers some nice/epic moments. The multiplayer is quite nice, specially the 32 VS 32 modes but i didn't have a lot of fun playing it (i think the bad companies online was muchBattlefield 4 is a good FPS, with really great graphics (even 1 year after its release) but it does nothing more than expected, the solo campaign is very short and the story lacks almost any kind of interest BUT offers some nice/epic moments. The multiplayer is quite nice, specially the 32 VS 32 modes but i didn't have a lot of fun playing it (i think the bad companies online was much better) and they could have add an hardcore mode (when you don't need 2 or 3 sniper's bullet to kill) as well as free maps.
    If we add to that the launching issues, I can't help but think they should 've work a lot more on this game to deliver a game that could have been the new reference in the FPS world (and not only a great use of a great engine for a common game).
  6. Feb 20, 2014
    Currently this game is terrible, 2+ years in development and is in worse condition than annually released games (Assassin's Creed). I'm a massive fan of BF, BF3 was amazing I though, I was hoping BF4 would follow in it's footsteps, but sadly it hasn't. The campaign isn't worth playing, has no story, thank god it has gorgeous graphics, but they still don't save the boring campaign. The MP,Currently this game is terrible, 2+ years in development and is in worse condition than annually released games (Assassin's Creed). I'm a massive fan of BF, BF3 was amazing I though, I was hoping BF4 would follow in it's footsteps, but sadly it hasn't. The campaign isn't worth playing, has no story, thank god it has gorgeous graphics, but they still don't save the boring campaign. The MP, where to start? Bugs, bugs and even more bugs, the 0 HP is beyond annoying, if someone has 0 HP they should be dead, period. When doing a search for your favourite map and join it, it's ended before you start. This never happened in BF3, then you have to play maps you dislike. So far I'm really disappointed in DICE, I usually blame EA but 2 years is enough time, especially for a shooter. The map designs suck compared to BF3 too. I'm not a CoD fanboy just saying BF rubbish, I don't play CoD. Seriously think about it before buying this game, so far I regret buying it and Premium. Expand
  7. Dec 6, 2013
    Lots of great additions in this game such as Commander & integration with phone apps but the stability is shocking!
    Lots of bugs hamper gameplay too (1-shot kills, spawn trapping and zero spawn-protection).
    Changing the controls between BF3 & BF4 hasn't enamoured many (I've gotten used to them) but WHY have they changed them again between platforms? (aim/shoot is L1/R1 on PS3 but L2/R2 on PS4 and it's NOT changeable)
    In 3 months, I'm sure that this game will be great but right now, it's marred.
  8. Dec 17, 2013
    I have to be fair and review this game while including all of the crashes and error messages that I've encountered. First off, this is by far the best Battlefield installment yet. The graphics are top notch and really show off just a smidge of what the Playstation 4 is capable of. The environments are fully destructible and some buildings will crumble completely do the ground. It'sI have to be fair and review this game while including all of the crashes and error messages that I've encountered. First off, this is by far the best Battlefield installment yet. The graphics are top notch and really show off just a smidge of what the Playstation 4 is capable of. The environments are fully destructible and some buildings will crumble completely do the ground. It's breathtaking to watch! On some maps, weather can completely change the tide of battle. Storms can blow through with strong winds and rain and can make it sometimes change your visibility. The sounds are very authentic, especially if you change to "wartapes" in the sound options. The controls are top notch and the fun factor is through the roof. With all this being said, the bugs are absolutely horrible! My game crashes about 1 out of every 4 games I play. The crashes are mostly with the Conquest mode. It makes it very frustrating and although I've always been a huge Battlefield fan, I've almost stopped playing entirely on quite a few occasions. The hope is still here that they will fix these issues soon. This is a great game to buy but I would wait a few months until they've fixed all of the issues. Expand
  9. Nov 20, 2013
    Had a good time playing it, but there was a lot of issues that made the game feel rushed out to meet the console release. One of the big ones was that I could not play conquest. It would just tell me my internet was not working. I could play every other game type though. Also, being a game programmer at a big company, I saw many issues that are easy to fix, that just were not. ConnectionHad a good time playing it, but there was a lot of issues that made the game feel rushed out to meet the console release. One of the big ones was that I could not play conquest. It would just tell me my internet was not working. I could play every other game type though. Also, being a game programmer at a big company, I saw many issues that are easy to fix, that just were not. Connection issues and lag were also an issue, even on my 50mb/s internet.
    Still have not seen some of the major issues with BF, that have been around since last game, fixed.
  10. Nov 19, 2013
    This game has a lot of promise and does some awesome new stuff. However, EA is still apparently incapable of running servers consistently to meet the needs of their new release. This happens every time a new Battlefield hits, as well as other games like SimCity. At this point, EA has no excuse in regards to their incapability to understand servers.
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a powerful entry in the multiplayer FPS scene, and improves vastly upon its predecessor. It is somewhat hindered, however, by a alarmingly large number of problems with its online component.

As seems to be the trend with most games in its competitive niche, Battlefield 4 adopts a single-player campaign largely for the purposes of marketing. It's short and provides some fairly impressive set pieces, but brings no advancements in narrative and fails to avoid invoking tropes in shooter campaigns that we've seen so many times.

Of course, it's the online multiplayer of Battlefield 4 that comprises the bulk of the game. It's a robust offering, with extremely developed player progression and deep gunplay and vehicle mechanics that outperforms competing games such as Call of Duty in certain respects. While the "Levolution" feature admittedly loses its charm after you've destroyed the same skyscraper for the third or fourth time, and so on, it's a novel element and a sign that the franchise is indeed still innovating. Player and weapon customization has been greatly expanded upon from Battlefield 3, and a real mix of balanced attachments and guns now make the "best" combination for a kit unclear, encouraging diversity. There have been some controversial moves taken with the kits and their respective equipment, but none that have clearly unbalanced the game. The two new game modes, "Obliteration" and "Defuse," seem to be more competitively-focused, and are welcome additions overall, drawing from concepts that Battlefield fans have been asking for.
    Overall, Battlefield 4's gameplay is superb, and would have merited it a 9 or 10 rating from me were it not plagued by certain problems I'll discuss later.

Regarding the PlayStation 4 in particular, the graphical quality of the game is amazing, and Battlefield 4 is easily among the best, if not the best, launch titles in terms of visual aesthetics.

Yes, Battlefield 4 is beautiful, but only when it works. To be blunt, the servers are in terrible condition, and you will often find yourself disconnected mid-game. You may find yourself losing records of stats, kills, stored experience boosts, and so on, with frustrating regularity. Both server-side and client-side patches have been promised to fix these problems, and they can't come soon enough. Speaking candidly, Battlefield 4 is an unfinished product.

One last qualm is with the new "Battlepack" system. EA seems to have placed this in the game as a way to introduce microtransactions into Battlefield 4 similar to Mass Effect 3's, but their purpose seems to have been confused. There's currently no way to purchase them, and yet they come in randomized packs with varying levels of rarity, like a collector's card pack would. The Battlepacks unlock at certain rank intervals, which would be an acceptable system were they not often made inaccessible by the unreliability of the servers.

That's the prevailing issue with Battlefield 4; it's a wonderful game, but only when you're able to play it.
  12. Nov 24, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is a FPS made by Dice under the company EA. I picked this up only recently and have decided to make a review on it, I'll share my thoughts of the game as a whole and comparing it to its main rival's in the FPS genre and predecessors of Battlefield games.

Battlefield isn't usually a game I pick up due to my interests in the more 'unique' and 'quirkier' games. I did play the 360 version of its predecessor Battlefield 3 so I had experience in the franchise beforehand. People who are saying that the graphics haven't improved or look bad are lying to you, it's a visually beautiful game and a credit to console, so from an aesthetic point of view it shouldn't disappoint.

I did hear about the controversy when it first came out and that it was a broken game with dodgy mechanics but when I got on the game I had to do a 3gb update which I assume sorted out all the bugs within this patch. So it shouldn't be that much of an issue now.

The online is what you make of it and how you play these particular kind of games, I like to go off tangent personally and go my separate ways from the squad. I had to learn quickly that you can't do that often as you're constantly running to the nearest support for more ammo etc. I also found out that not many people revive like they used to on 3 maybe because you have to unlock the defibrillators but I found that quiet odd while playing.

I played the first mission of the campaign and I'm glad that I don't need to have two separate discs now to play either online or campaign which is nice. The campaign was unusually fun, I say that because I can't stand Army game campaigns as they have difficulties thinking of new ideas that haven't been done and the stories are ridiculously cliche, but yeah it was okay I know the campaigns enjoyment may possibly dip as I progress.

In comparison to the latest Cod (Advanced Warfare) it still has the better graphics, even though its been a year later, so that's either a positive on EA's behalf or a negative on Sledgehammers. I personally couldn't care about graphics it doesn't necessarily make a good game in my opinion, I'd much prefer game play and content over graphics any day. The decision is up to you; are you a CoD fan or a Battlefield fan e.g. I personally can not stand CoD so I play Battlefield.

I rated a 7 because after many years of playing Battlefield there is still not a tutorial on how to fly a Helicopter which I find annoying as everyone seems to use it and is forcing me to play game modes with no vehicles. Also this game is a 7 IMO because it wouldn't be a game I would personally recommend to anyone unfamiliar with the game as at times there is a lot of new information for new players to get used to.

Defiantly a game for veterans of the Battlefield franchise and for newcomers don't play online until you know how to play the game to it's full extent because people will not give you any sympathy if you're new and you'll end up hating the game because of it hahaha

Thanks for reading my review of Battlefield 4 (Ps4)
    Happy Hunting

Ninjo
  13. Apr 27, 2014
    The game is beautiful graphically that is for sure.. The sound of the guns are awesome. The problem I have with the game is that in campaign mode I get very bored easily and can only pay for maybe 30 minutes at a time before I just can't stand it anymore...This is the same old same old...just with better graphics.. Once you get tired of ohhhing and awing over the graphics you will getThe game is beautiful graphically that is for sure.. The sound of the guns are awesome. The problem I have with the game is that in campaign mode I get very bored easily and can only pay for maybe 30 minutes at a time before I just can't stand it anymore...This is the same old same old...just with better graphics.. Once you get tired of ohhhing and awing over the graphics you will get bored quick.....
    The multiplayer is fun for awhile, but it too is the same thing we have already seen many times and is becoming very stale to me in my opinion.
    If you are in the middle on what shooter you should buy and your choices are Ghosts or Battlefield 4... Take Battlefield 4, it is a much better game than ghosts, but then again I'm not much of a CoD fan so I might be biased... Truth be told, there is no innovation this time around.. Still a decent shooter..
  14. Mar 20, 2014
    Battlefield 4 improves upon every aspect of Battlefield 3, but is massively held back by bugs and server issues. I can barely ever play a game without consistent lag issues, and the game always feels like its going to explode, it's just too unstable.
  15. Jan 10, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an improvement on battlefield 3 in terms of Sound, Graphics, Gameplay, and Unlockables. Sadly battlefield 4 has many playability issues for example: my campaign data doesn't save and server connection issues are quite frequent. Even with these bugs battlefield 4's gameplay is still incredibly polished and although the campaign lacks innovation the multiplayer more thanBattlefield 4 is an improvement on battlefield 3 in terms of Sound, Graphics, Gameplay, and Unlockables. Sadly battlefield 4 has many playability issues for example: my campaign data doesn't save and server connection issues are quite frequent. Even with these bugs battlefield 4's gameplay is still incredibly polished and although the campaign lacks innovation the multiplayer more than makes up for it. One thing that I have found amazingly enjoyable about battlefield 4 is the way guns are unlocked, the way this works is the only way to unlock say the Hawk-12G Shotgun is by using other shotguns the same goes for Sniper rifles, Pistols, assault rifles, L.M.Gs, P.D.W's, Carbines, D.M.Rs and even Grenades. Weapon attachments are unlocked in a very smart way the only way to unlock the red dot sight for a P.D.W for example is to get a set amount of kills with that P.D.W, in addition to this battlefield 4 has added battle packs (similar to gears of war judgement's prizeboxes) these packs come in 4 varieties (bronze, silver, gold and weapon specific) each one gives you a set of randomized items including xp boosts and weapon attachments. While bronze, silver and gold packs are unlocked by leveling up weapon specific ones are unlocked by getting kills with that specific weapon. Add to all this commander mode a mode that let's you join a server and give orders to a team if successful allow you to perform feats such as infantry scans and deploying a gunship. Overall battlefield 4 is a great game to start out your ps4 with it is considerably better then rival call of duty ghost and a great FPS in general despite many bugs and glitches that are still being fixed. Expand
  16. Dec 22, 2013
    En ps3 le he dado un 4 y en este un 7 porque no he encontrado los fallos mas graves que tenia en ps3 como los bloqueos que para mi era lo principal, en ps4 todavía y todo madera no se me ha bloqueado y he jugado 8 o 9 horas ya en multiplayer, otra cosa por la que creo que es mejor es porque solo he tenido que pagar 10€ para actualizar de la versión de ps3 a ps4 y así tengo los dos juegosEn ps3 le he dado un 4 y en este un 7 porque no he encontrado los fallos mas graves que tenia en ps3 como los bloqueos que para mi era lo principal, en ps4 todavía y todo madera no se me ha bloqueado y he jugado 8 o 9 horas ya en multiplayer, otra cosa por la que creo que es mejor es porque solo he tenido que pagar 10€ para actualizar de la versión de ps3 a ps4 y así tengo los dos juegos solo por 10€ mas. Expand
  17. Apr 16, 2014
    The game is terrible. It's a shame that an EA game is in this condition. I don't recommend this game to anyone now, get it in 2 years. Lags, netcode, insta kills, unbalanced weapons and vehicles, maps are just a 'copy & paste', levolution isn't impressive at all, no levolution on China Rising maps. It's 6 months after the game was released and it's worse that it was at the release. And IThe game is terrible. It's a shame that an EA game is in this condition. I don't recommend this game to anyone now, get it in 2 years. Lags, netcode, insta kills, unbalanced weapons and vehicles, maps are just a 'copy & paste', levolution isn't impressive at all, no levolution on China Rising maps. It's 6 months after the game was released and it's worse that it was at the release. And I am not a hater, I'm a fan of battlefield franchise for years now. Waste of time and money. Expand
  18. Oct 4, 2014
    This is a great game, surpasses call of duty by a long shot. I like how the game is setup with the vehicles and all, HOWEVER......... The only complaints I have about this game are as follows #1- the respawn points are horrible, and the respawn delay is to long, and let's get realistic for a minute,#2 no one could shoot an enemy combatant through 4 walls of a main building 2,000 yardsThis is a great game, surpasses call of duty by a long shot. I like how the game is setup with the vehicles and all, HOWEVER......... The only complaints I have about this game are as follows #1- the respawn points are horrible, and the respawn delay is to long, and let's get realistic for a minute,#2 no one could shoot an enemy combatant through 4 walls of a main building 2,000 yards away, I mean Chris Kyle wasn't that good, and #3 when you come up behind someone and empty an entire clip into there back and then they turn around and one shot you WTF? or an assault rifle kill from across the map, really?? The dynamics are ridiculous, yes good graphics, but I would expect that for a new, more technologically advanced system so not real surprised about that. These guys who make these games should seriously consult some veterans or something because if I shoot you in the head with a .44 Magnum pistol, you are not going to turn around and kill me with your knife, which brings me to the worst thing about this game. You can NOT stab someone head to head, if you are not behind them they will just counter and kill you, it's dumb. While there are some great things that I absolutely love about this game, I just wish the designers of the game would get real man, Don't respawn me right in the middle of the enemy team and then make me wait 20 minutes to freaking respawn so that they can put me in the same place where I will just get killed again before my weapon is even up. hate it. I also don't like the unrealistic damage in these games. AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF GETTING SHOT IN THE BACK OVER AND OVER BECAUSE THE DUMB GAME WANTS TO RESPAWN THE ENEMY RIGHT BEHIND YOU TO WHAT GIVE THEM A FREE KILL. COME ON!!!!!! and take the dang red names off, if they can't see me they can't see me, they don't need help by putting a big sign above there head. I am 50/50 on this game. It is definitely better than call of duty, but I would really just one time, like to see a FPS that wouldn't do the things this game does, which I previously explained. It's worth the buy, but if you are a person that rages, this is not the game for you. The respawning is absolutely HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!
    It's not bad enough that people don't even play right, ok look talking realism ok, people walking around shooting people with rocket launchers because they are not good is BS. Ok make the game rules based off the Geneva convention and the rules of war, you can't shoot a person with anything larger than a 50 cal unless they have an rpg or some type of anti vehicle weapon for starters. Make the damage a little more realistic, if I shoot a guy in the head don't make me have to use two clips to get him to half health while I get killed in one shot by a ricochet..... I guess some consistency is what I am asking for, and fix the dam respawn problems please. Oh and I just noticed while playing this dumb game, why in the hell can this guy not step over a freaking curb?????????? get stuck on leaves on the ground that I have to jump over???? what is that???? Come on, can someone make a decent FPS that isn't just an arcade game with good graphics that give bonuses to good players while mediocre players have to suffer and die. Cause they will get you across the map with a pistol, they just shoot it in the air and it finds you, thanks for the fair play battlefield (Insert sarcasm). Bunch of A**ho**s.
  19. Jan 19, 2015
    First thing that comes to mind about this game after putting in a ton of hours is flaws. I'm mainly putting my point across the online game play as I didn't complete the campaign portion but the part i did play was fun. Don't get me wrong, online gameplay was fun but there are a ton of glitches that frustrated me beyond frustration. Snipers found glitches behind some rocks, some mechanicsFirst thing that comes to mind about this game after putting in a ton of hours is flaws. I'm mainly putting my point across the online game play as I didn't complete the campaign portion but the part i did play was fun. Don't get me wrong, online gameplay was fun but there are a ton of glitches that frustrated me beyond frustration. Snipers found glitches behind some rocks, some mechanics wouldn't work and a bit more. Most recent problem is how all the dlc weapon content became locked out of no where after spending so much time achieving most of the weapons. I didn't care for trying as if this happened there's no point in trying to fix it since it'll most likely happen again. I'm not going to pre order Hardline because of how glitchy this game is but hoping it comes out successful. Expand
  20. Apr 24, 2015
    7 is fair enough. BF3 was nearly the same, and even better in some aspects, but BF is BF.
    There should be a system which allows you to join gamers of your level, because sometimes, getting spawnkilled by pro-pilots can be annoying.
  21. Nov 19, 2013
    Let me first say that single player is a joke as everyone already knew. The real meat of this game is the multiplayer. On PS4 the game is the best looking shooter EVER for a console. Yes, it looks better than Killzone and plays better. With that said, there are still MANY problems with this game that DICE needs to correct soon. Error screens will pop up and you will lose your saved data.Let me first say that single player is a joke as everyone already knew. The real meat of this game is the multiplayer. On PS4 the game is the best looking shooter EVER for a console. Yes, it looks better than Killzone and plays better. With that said, there are still MANY problems with this game that DICE needs to correct soon. Error screens will pop up and you will lose your saved data. When the game plays correctly it's almost breathtaking. The key is when this happens which is about half the time. Snipers and other long range weapons are fun to mess around with but are almost worthless because the aiming was made for a mouse and not an analog stick. This is why DICE included a partial auto-aim to the console version. This is still a PC title but you will get quite a bit of enjoyment from the console version. BTW, screw EA for forcing DICE to rush this title the way they did. The "finished" product was a beta version and now DICE is having to release patches to fix the problems. EA is a leach to the gaming community. /rant If you're into shooters pick this one up. If not, i'd save my money and wait for what PS4 has in store. Expand
  22. Nov 16, 2013
    I suppose I'll be the first to write a review that isn't '10/10 GOTY buy now' or 'it's not PC it suxxx'.

The campaign storyline is enjoyable and it's a step up from BF3's campaign, though I wish we could stop picking on the Chinese and Russians. I think in several places it manages to out-CoD CoD, which can be either good or bad depending on your perspective. Sadly, there are a LOT of bugs that I've run into, like having guns completely disappear and having to use the dot on my screen to aim, or constant errors and crashing on the Singapore Strait level. For a console game, even a release day console game, this is absolutely unacceptable.

Multiplayer I'm still getting the hang of. I'm basing this mainly off my experiences on PC as PSN was down and buggy for much of release day. The unlock systems feel a little awkward, as it's not a clear 'do this get this' progression anymore. As you do stuff with, say, an assault class, you earn points toward unlocking assault stuff, while if you use an assault rifle, you earn points toward new assault rifles, and if you use a particular assault rifle, you get points for attachments for that assault rifle. That means if you're healing or reviving people, you'll get assault score and XP for levels, but not new attachments or guns. There is some randomness involved with battlepacks, which contain paint schemes and unique attachments, and I'm hoping against all hope EA doesn't decide to monetize this (who am I kidding).

Graphics on the PS4 are decent enough for 'next gen', but are not anywhere as eyepopping as they are on the PC, and of course, the controls are a bit clunky though the Dualshock 4 is really, really nice compared to the 3.

So, bottom line is it's an enjoyable experience HOWEVER the PS4 version has a lot of bugs to work through. If you haven't already bought it with the bundle, I would recommend waiting a month or so for the bugs to get fixed. Once they do, I will revisit my score here.
  23. Dec 9, 2013
    it's alright. That's about it really.

If you like BF3 you'll probably like BF4, they aren't a world apart as some would have you believe, but it is a slight upgrade, and it isn't bad.

Just be prepared to pay the price of 2 or 3 games for the DLC they will churn out.
  24. Nov 16, 2013
    As the other people say, the story disappointed me. I mean, they always had a good storys on the campaigns. But this one well you will see it by your own.

MP is great, but almost the same that BF 3
  25. Jan 27, 2014
    The single player is mediocre, as most FPS's are.

The single player is mediocre, as most FPS's are.

Aside from the obvious problems they have had with bug issues (yes, I agree that the netcode could use some work), the multiplayer is a BLAST to play.......if you're by yourself. If you want to play with friends, forget about it. For an online multiplayer game in an era that's all about social media and teaming up with friends, DICE doesn't just not help you play on the same team with your friends, they do everything they can to prevent it. There is no joining a game as a group. Why is this such a problem? If there's 3 of us playing, don't break up our squad. Have us wait 3 minutes while you find a game with 3 openings on the same team! After a game ends, people leave. I see 4 spots on my friends team open up. I leave and rejoin. It says it's full and puts me in a queue. Then it puts me on the opposite team, the one I just left. Then trying to join the other team is a crapshoot, at best. If you want to play 2 games with a friend, expect to play at least 3 before you're able to get on the same team. Why is it so hard to understand that when I want to play with a friend, I want to play WITH a friend, not AGAINST them.

BREAK DOWN
    Campaign - 7
    Online by yourself - 8
    Online on same team with friends - 10
    Online options promoting team play - 0 (yes, 0)
  26. Dec 1, 2013
    The positives are the 64-player Conquest mode and 60-frames per second rate. And the weapons selection is great as well as the wide variety of maps, some of which you don't have the US as your opposing team. I personally like the new leveling system for my kits and weapons.

The negatives including the new firing button scheme where I has to press the R2 button instead of the R1. It's really frustrating and it's hard to master, especially in semiautomatic and burst weapons. I wish DICE brings back the R1 firing scheme soon. I didn't feel like playing the single-player campaign; unless you really wanted to desperately get some extra weapons for multiplayer, skip the campaign.

All in all, this is finally the entry to make Call of Duty a run for its' money. If only they fix up the firing buttons with more alternatives than just the "Lefty" option, this should have gotten a higher rating.

Recommended for first-person shooter fans who are totally had it with the Call of Duty franchise.
  27. Dec 21, 2013
    To start the graphics have improved and the destruction level is amazing. the singleplayer has had a better story then battlefield 3 and is more memorable. The thing is about battlefield 4 is its multiplayer but due to certain glitches it took me a while to actually play it for full matches. the game is known to have been rushed which is the main reason for the glitches which updates haveTo start the graphics have improved and the destruction level is amazing. the singleplayer has had a better story then battlefield 3 and is more memorable. The thing is about battlefield 4 is its multiplayer but due to certain glitches it took me a while to actually play it for full matches. the game is known to have been rushed which is the main reason for the glitches which updates have occurred nearly every week so far to fix. The actual multiplayer itself has improved in terms of game mechanics, player count and maps that are interesting. now single player glitches happen too like my game not check pointing during this one mission or crashes. my brother however lost entire save after playing one round of multiplayer. Battlefield four is a brilliant game but with all these glitches this game did not live up to the standards of Battlefield 3. since a good bit of glitches are gone I say it will be okay to play it by Christmas. Expand
  28. Nov 28, 2013
    The new addition to the Battlefield series has been out for a while now and therefore it's only natural that I review it. The single player for this game was short and in no way enjoyable; the characters were not relatable or likeable and the plot itself was weak. At points the action does reach moments where you can let yourself loose and it does it in a way that allows you to pileThe new addition to the Battlefield series has been out for a while now and therefore it's only natural that I review it. The single player for this game was short and in no way enjoyable; the characters were not relatable or likeable and the plot itself was weak. At points the action does reach moments where you can let yourself loose and it does it in a way that allows you to pile through generic enemies in a straightforward level with no branching or diversion of any sort. While some of the missions can try doing something a little different from the last ultimately they feel the same and uninspired which is a shame for a game that tried to make the single player a much bigger aspect of the Battlefield experience.

The multiplayer on the other hand felt a lot more like a complete package, the maps worked well for all game modes, the guns felt easier to handle than they did in the third Battlefield and the modes were fairly diverse and could keep you entertained with one for h at least an hour. While playing the game i felt as though I was drawn towards the smaller scale warfare with the new mode Diffuse being integrated (basically Search and Destroy form COD) which i loved with the maps and weapons of Battlefield. Larger maps and modes still kept much of what the previous game had and made the maps more intuitive for the player as well as adding far more destruction and depth to the maps such as the massive tower in Rogue transmission and the demolition jobs you can pull of in some of the maps packed with buildings. But blowing things up isn't the only thing that feels good online, sniping plays an important role in this game, more than the last game, with a single sniper being capable of holding back squads and lets face it, getting a longshot, headshot in Battlefield feels very good to land.

The game at the moment is full of glitches and technical issues on the ps3 right now though, the most common being the time it takes to load the textures and weapons when spawning in for the first time in a match as well as save data issues for the single player, making it hard to not give the game a lower score due to these problem as even after 2 weeks or so, Dice has not released a patch leaving the PS3 version of the game a terrible port and simply seems as though it was the version of the game that they threw out into the market unfinished without a care in the world about it especially since the graphics for this version looks horrendous up close and on bigger screens.
  29. Nov 27, 2013
    I think this game is much more interesting that the previous release, it has good graphics and smooth gameplay, i like this game a lot despite the low time of completion, and low difficulty in campaign mode
  30. Nov 26, 2013
    EA Really pushed DICE to release this game in time for next gen consoles, and as result the game has little to no functionality. But set aside the multilayer errors, your game saves being deleted, and the constant crashes, The game looks amazing and game-play is liquid (very smooth).
    Give it a month or two before you decide to pick this title up and you wont regret it.
    Don't pay 60$ for
    Don't pay 60$ for the Beta...
  31. Dec 2, 2013
    A good little surprise on the PS4, The game plays good and it runs well, The Singleplayer is still not that good, One of the only bad things is the frame rate during Levelutions. Otherwise, Good game.
  32. Jan 6, 2014
    the gameplay and the graphics themselves deserve the 8.7 this game is averaging but the fact that this game is so corrupt diminishes it to a 6 maybe 7 the campaign is short but pretty fun and offers a unique scoring system the graphics look really good in the close ups and cut scenes and for most of the game play but the fact that the game freezes really often during the campaign isthe gameplay and the graphics themselves deserve the 8.7 this game is averaging but the fact that this game is so corrupt diminishes it to a 6 maybe 7 the campaign is short but pretty fun and offers a unique scoring system the graphics look really good in the close ups and cut scenes and for most of the game play but the fact that the game freezes really often during the campaign is just too annoying i had to restart my campaign once and restart some levels about 5x on the same playthrough because it kept giving me errors shame on EA for not fixing these issues even with the patch hopefully one day they will fix all this because underneath it all is a great game Expand
  33. Jan 10, 2014
    Polished game, with very atmospheric combat. I enjoyed the campaign, however it never really got going with no stand-out scenes and repetitive gameplay. The game suffered from regular crashes and sometimes I had to replay huge sections of the game after a crash. A major problem is that there are too many weapons with no real reason to choose them. I would have liked to see sections ofPolished game, with very atmospheric combat. I enjoyed the campaign, however it never really got going with no stand-out scenes and repetitive gameplay. The game suffered from regular crashes and sometimes I had to replay huge sections of the game after a crash. A major problem is that there are too many weapons with no real reason to choose them. I would have liked to see sections of the game that were more tailored to certain types of weapon with less opportunity to change your loadout mid-game, making it more of a tactical necessity to choose the correct weapons for your environment.
    Multiplayer is pretty good but not really my sort of thing.
  34. Feb 5, 2014
    The game has a much better campaign than call of duty but the online multiplier is slower. I know you battlefield 4 fans are saying " But that's how it is in real life." The Problem is most people don't play video games to be in real life. In-fact its the exact opposite most people play video games to escape from reality because there regular life is to boring or doesn't have enoughThe game has a much better campaign than call of duty but the online multiplier is slower. I know you battlefield 4 fans are saying " But that's how it is in real life." The Problem is most people don't play video games to be in real life. In-fact its the exact opposite most people play video games to escape from reality because there regular life is to boring or doesn't have enough excitement. They want to have power in the video game world, not be regular. I don't want to play a game that puts me right back into real life. But put that aside Battle field 4 has great graphics amazing weapons and the campaign is better than COD's. And for all you people out there that want a first person shooter that's life like, this is the game for you. Expand
  35. May 27, 2014
    Graphics: 8.2 Sound: 8.2 Gameplay: 8.2 Fun/Story: 7

Poor story and short single play. Great level design with some brilliant textures and effects but many many bugs (specially in multiplayer) and erros (i had to restart ir twice). It could have a much higher rate without this annoying problems.
  36. May 27, 2014
    BF4 is a great game with lots of fun to have. I haven't played the campaign which is not all that great from what I have read. But the massive multiplayer is amazing. It runs a 64 player game with out a single drop in frame rate. The graphics are very decent. I most say I never played the game from launch when it had lots of bugs, but right now those bugs are gone! great game!
  37. Aug 21, 2015
    Battlefield 4 is an action blockbuster that aims for unrivaled destruction. Fueled by Frostbite 3, Battlefield 4 allows you to demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. You will lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory. Beyond its hallmark multiplayer,Battlefield 4 is an action blockbuster that aims for unrivaled destruction. Fueled by Frostbite 3, Battlefield 4 allows you to demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. You will lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory. Beyond its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4 features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home. Change the landscape in real-time with interactive environments that react to your every move. Dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicular combat. Expand
  38. Jan 17, 2015
    Game was okay for a first release on ps4. Glitches galore! my game progress mysteriously disappeared two or three times during the campaign. Multiplayer seemed to have potential.

very cool that there was an ipad app for online gaming. But i am used to wsad when it comes to online fps games so I couldn't get into it.
  39. May 21, 2014
    This is a great game (besides....). It offers things that no other shooter has, and is a very nice change-up from your typical CoD or Halo -styled FPS's. However, there are various bugs that EA and DICE seem content ignoring. For instance, various people experience loss of campaign saves (often multiple times), it is common to be stuck in an infinite loading screen, players can becomeThis is a great game (besides....). It offers things that no other shooter has, and is a very nice change-up from your typical CoD or Halo -styled FPS's. However, there are various bugs that EA and DICE seem content ignoring. For instance, various people experience loss of campaign saves (often multiple times), it is common to be stuck in an infinite loading screen, players can become stuck in place, as well as many, many other minor bugs. None are quite game-breaking, but they add up to create a whole lot of frustration. These bugs show no progress toward being fixed, but they have no problem, of course, putting out and working on new DLC. Also (though I am sure nobody gets the game for this) the campaign mode is quite fun, and I was pleasantly surprised by the excitement of the missions. Without all of the minor bugs, I would rate this 8-9/10. Expand
  40. May 8, 2014
    Single Player is short lived and pointless, not worth buying the game for.
    Multi Player is where this game is supposed to shine but due to bugs and terrible servers for conquest 64 it is not the great experience i was expecting.
    Great game concepts: - levels change as things are destroyed, mass amounts of weapons, mass amounts of attachments Poor execution: - Team Death Match
    Single Player is short lived and pointless, not worth buying the game for.

Great game concepts:
    Poor execution:
    - Team Death Match people spawn right on top of the other team, 64 person maps (the whole reason everyone got this on ps4) start lagging and rubberbanding after a while

This is defintely the last Battlefield game i plan to buy but i still play since it can be fun and PS4 doesnt offer much else at the moment
  41. Jul 17, 2014
    This game is fun! But its not without issues, for example every multiplayer match takes 1-2 min just to load in all the sounds and textures. Battlefield 4's next thing was supposed to be the "levolution" and on most maps its absolutely wasted, but on a few of them its spectacular and awesome. I haven't experianced any game-breaking bugs so far. The single player is short but i actuallyThis game is fun! But its not without issues, for example every multiplayer match takes 1-2 min just to load in all the sounds and textures. Battlefield 4's next thing was supposed to be the "levolution" and on most maps its absolutely wasted, but on a few of them its spectacular and awesome. I haven't experianced any game-breaking bugs so far. The single player is short but i actually liked the characters there and missed them when they were gone. The graphics are some of the best i have seen (Definitively next gen) and they multiiplayer is fun. The only thing that worried me is the MICROTRANSACTIONS. You can pay real money to unlock everything in a kit or buy "battlepacks" (which give you accessories for guns). Luckily i haven't seen any problem with them there.

And with that note lets wrap this up
    Graphics - 10/10
    Story - 7/10
    Multiplayer - 8/10
    Maps - 5/10
  42. Jul 1, 2014
    One Word: BROKENfield..........This game has its amazing points and its epic downfalls. Story mode was wiped so many times, i gave up. Multiplayer is great.....when it is laggy as hell. I deff would of gave this gave a higher rating if it wasnt so buggy.
  43. Apr 21, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. the Game is really fun to play. An the campaign was good but the ending of the campaign had a really hard choices to make and you only had certen amount of time to do it. And that was my favorite part for the campaign. multilayer would be very fun if the game was not released with all the bugs an lag. most the Reason why the score is like this is because how poor the release was if they would have waited and fixed there game this would have been a good game Expand
  44. Mar 23, 2015
    Battlefield BC2 is one of my favourite MP shooters of all time. Since then I've played Battlefield 3 and recently got battlefield 4 (premium)for my new PS4.
    The singleplay this time was forgettable, but served as an introduction for the controls and gameplay. I soon dived into the multiplayer where these games usually shines, and well, it was fun. I soon found my favourite class in the classic gamemodes.
    The difference this time, just as with BF3, I have a hard time advancing past a certain score. I find it very hard to get past the 10000 mark, most likely because this requires a lot of good team play, and there in lies the biggest problem I think.
    It's incredibly hard to find a team, where anyone actually cares to play as a team. People are always off on their own agenda. This ultimately made me get bored, I always ended up feeling alone, and this in a game with potential 32 players to team up with....
    You just really need friends to actually teamplay with for this game to shine for any extended period. Or you will most probably get bored real soon.
    This was the same as with BF3.
    I was a real pro playing BC2, I loved the levels and the gameplay and I could score high without knowing who I played with, I found it easy to help my team most of the time, and scoring was simple.
    I just dont know what has happened to gameplay since then but it all just seem more chaotic and random.
    I dont really have a favourite level either. It's really hard to find any good strategies. Especially if one team has a commander and yours dont your basically "painted" by drones and will often draw the shortest straw.
    Bottom line is that BF to me has lost that old "magic" enjoyment I got out of BC2. I play for hours but dont feel like I'm progressing... I unlock stuff sure, but dont get past the feeling of randomness. No matter what I try I cant make much of a difference one game to another.
    Final Word is that BF is prettier than ever, yet feels less fun. I cant put my finger on it really. It's just how I feel. I think it's a balancing issue, but also the large levels with a 1000 different places to camp and snipe from make it impossible to advance without taking a big risk. BC2 levels were not like that.

I'll give BF4 an OK, but I think DICE should think about going back to more basic levels, where skill makes more of a diffrence, not how many players take advantage of cheap camping tactics.
  45. Sep 7, 2014
    It's a pretty good game. The multiplayer is very enjoyable, as per usual. But what really pisses me off about battlefield 4, and also battlefield 3 is that EA think they can just poop out a really bad singeplayer and think that the fans don't care because all they want is the multiplayer. Keep in mind, for most first person shooters the multiplayer maps, the teams and even the charactersIt's a pretty good game. The multiplayer is very enjoyable, as per usual. But what really pisses me off about battlefield 4, and also battlefield 3 is that EA think they can just poop out a really bad singeplayer and think that the fans don't care because all they want is the multiplayer. Keep in mind, for most first person shooters the multiplayer maps, the teams and even the characters that you play as are 100% based off the single player. It's like EA aren't even trying anymore and the battlefield games are gradually getting worse and worse. Expand
  46. Feb 25, 2014
    This game is good. The campaign wa tedious and boring but interesting, This game deserves a 10 rating but I'm only giving it a 7 because its riddled with bugs, audio glitches AND NO PARTY UP SYSTEM? My friends just have to join my server? That is ridiculous but the multiplayer is super fun and if you are thinking of buying its a very good idea to do so
  47. Jan 1, 2014
    Battlefield 4 seems incredibly advanced, even for these days; mutliplayer is large and complex, singleplayer feels almost believable, and looks beautiful. There isn't much else to say in terms of positives, I feel I have bundled them all up nice and tight in those couple terms. And I would so love to say this game is perfect...but it really isn't. I'm sorry Battlefield fans, but it seemsBattlefield 4 seems incredibly advanced, even for these days; mutliplayer is large and complex, singleplayer feels almost believable, and looks beautiful. There isn't much else to say in terms of positives, I feel I have bundled them all up nice and tight in those couple terms. And I would so love to say this game is perfect...but it really isn't. I'm sorry Battlefield fans, but it seems the franchise is on a slow decline.

Admittedly, the game has come some way since Battlefield 3; levolution is a rather interesting concept, but here comes my first complaint; the trailers and game devs made it seem dynamic, but it's so scripted, I was more than just disappointed. OK, it's cool to wander around a street, just to notice it is slowly filling with water several minutes later, up to the point it becomes a river worthy of riding boats along. But how many times can this happen, before you feel like you've seen it before? Not many, I imagine. The same goes for the dam collapse, the building falling, and every other supposedly innovative alteration. Besides these, the game is just Battlefield 3, with shinier lens flare and elevators.

So, the campaign? It feels fantastic, characters are lifelike, and graphics are blindingly beautiful. I feel I have nearly no complaints about the campaign, besides the fact it lacks a very detailed story.

I have one final point to make at the moment. I have covered the single player, the multiplayer, and had you been keeping up with other reviews, you probably know what's coming next...yes, the bugs. They are few and far between, and rather minor, but things like sound taking a while to pop in on the multiplayer, and crashes in the singleplayer, not to mention one specific bug in the campaign where there was absolutely nothing to do, and some guy kept making it clear that he was ready for targets when there were none. These few bugs I have found so far are not game breaking, but they do feel incredibly damaging to the experience, especially when you have to back out and reenter the campaign, which makes you feel detached somewhat, and interrupts immersion.

The game is great, and may well be almost perfect, but it just feels gimmicky, and slightly damaged at the moment. Hopefully fixes will come, but it feels incomplete as it stands, so I say now to wait for price drops if you want this game, because it is certainly not worth £40 at the moment, but may well be sometime in the near future.
  48. Oct 2, 2014
    right, so the multiplayer is quite impressive, I enjoyed it for the most part but soon I seemed to get bored of it, playing with friends is the best part, however the campaign, is **** stupid, for about 90% of the time I felt bored out of my mind, basically, Irish saying he doesn't trust Hannah, blah blah blah, it went on and on and sooner or later I knew there would be some sort ofright, so the multiplayer is quite impressive, I enjoyed it for the most part but soon I seemed to get bored of it, playing with friends is the best part, however the campaign, is **** stupid, for about 90% of the time I felt bored out of my mind, basically, Irish saying he doesn't trust Hannah, blah blah blah, it went on and on and sooner or later I knew there would be some sort of twist, then about 15% of the time your weapon is faced down and you had to listen to pointless exposition for about 30% of the time, I felt bored out of my mind when characters seemed to have fights that went no where and were there to practically add more story from out of their **** I don't want to pay attention to a story that is **** I don't want to have to wait around and listen to pointless exposition, Shooting **** was nice, but this is no where near as good as Battlefield 3, and I really disliked the campaign, but atleast the characters seemed more likeable and better than this tripe. Not as good as battlefield 3, everything looks nice, the gunplay is excellent and I did enjoy blowing **** up. Expand
  49. Jan 4, 2014
    Good game, but not significantly unlike the previous iterations. Large servers make for fun and chaotic multiplayer experience, albeit a frustrating one if you aren't a hardcore FPS player because there are a lot more people trying to kill you! :)

I've had issues with save-files corrupting on the rather anemic single player story and the EA servers have been very unreliable which has really cut down on my time spent playing this one.
  50. Jan 26, 2014
    Playing BF4 has been a pretty enjoyable experience, but there have been a few issues that prevent me from giving it a stellar score. Because at the moment COD Ghosts and BF4 are the strongest FPS titles, I'll be making comparisons for the sake of explanation.
    The campaign is alright story wise, and there benefits to completing the campaign, namely guns to use in multiplayer. I have been experiencing data loss whenever I quit out of the campaign, so I haven't unlocked those said guns. This is a problem, and one that has persisted despite 3 different attempts(once after release, and after each patch).
    Multiplayer has been a far more entertaining experience than my COD experience, although not by such a margin as to proclaim it the best game ever. Although ghosts has its spawning flaws, and poor map design, it still retains good hit detection for the most part and solid gameplay mechanics. BF4 has a wide array of weapons, vehicles, and the maps are great looking and dynamic. (COD destructive environments don't really compare to BF4, let's be real here). But all is not well, as netcode/hit detection problems are rampant, with problems connecting to games are prevalent.
    In summary, BF4 is better than COD ghosts, but only just. I enjoy the multitude of weapon camos, the variety of weapons, and the large scale battles and gunfights. In comparison to the lack of camos, guns, and fierce gun battles that COD games have, BF4 makes a lot of sense. I understand that everyone has their own preferences, and having thoroughly played both, I must conclude that Ghosts got a 5, and I'm giving BF4 a 7.
  51. Feb 20, 2014
    As a huge Battlefield fan, I had been anticipating this game long before its release. I pre-ordered this game for my PS3 and in the pre-order was a free upgrade to the China Rising map pack. After upgrading to the PS4 around Christmas, I transferred all of my stats over to my PS4, but ended up losing my China Rising DLC. This would not be the end of my frustrations. There are MANYAs a huge Battlefield fan, I had been anticipating this game long before its release. I pre-ordered this game for my PS3 and in the pre-order was a free upgrade to the China Rising map pack. After upgrading to the PS4 around Christmas, I transferred all of my stats over to my PS4, but ended up losing my China Rising DLC. This would not be the end of my frustrations. There are MANY glitches in this game. Upon the most common are Invisible characters, floating characters, muted audio, severe spawning issues, and many other annoying glitches as well. The majority of the glitches have been a problem only when playing TDM, but in Conquest, there are severe lagging issues on certain maps. However, I still find this game to be one of the best First-Person Shooters out there. The graphics are amazing and the weapons and vehicles are very realistic. They also offer alot of awesome customization options for vehicles and characters such as vehicle paint, uniform Camo, and many different types of weapons attachments. If it wasn't for all of the glitches I've experienced in online play, this game would undoubtedly be a 10 in my book. Expand
  52. Feb 21, 2014
    I bought this as one of my first Xbox One games. It was probably a bad choice for my family as we are not huge first person shooter fans. Mass Effect is probably the closest we get to first person action. After watching video of someone play this online in multiplayer, I thought it was the better choice, over Call of Duty. As I figured my son would love the multiplayer more. As he alwaysI bought this as one of my first Xbox One games. It was probably a bad choice for my family as we are not huge first person shooter fans. Mass Effect is probably the closest we get to first person action. After watching video of someone play this online in multiplayer, I thought it was the better choice, over Call of Duty. As I figured my son would love the multiplayer more. As he always seems to play multiplayer fighter games.

As a game it is average. The campaign was very short and seemed more like a tutorial than a game. Even as an almost total beginner on first person shooters it took me less than 4 hours to beat the campaign. Which is incredibly disappointing. The campaign itself was enough to keep me interested. But it was just way too short. I started on easy, beat that and tried normal. Then lost interest in the game. Same happened with my other family members.

The game was more rewarding once I got my favorite guns. Oddly I loved the combo of Sniper rifle and shotgun. Obviously one shot kills all the time. The sniper gun took out the ranged guys and when I had to get in close and personal my shotgun finished everyone off in one shot. And once you get used to controls even a beginner can wipe out most of the targets quickly enough. But when you first start you don't get to select what weapons you want. You have to gather the weapons, before you can get the selection you want. And depending on the weapons you like the campaign may be over before you get the weapons you like.

Others who played the game really liked it once they got their favorite guns. And it does seem to have a nice selection of weapons for those who favor different weapons. But no one seemed to want to continue playing after they beat the campaign.

It's also nice to see things be destroyed. Tanks can destroy entire walls. The unit you are training with is almost a bad after thought. As basically you quickly find out they are invincible and you just click a button to send them in. More control like Mass Effect would of been better in my opinion. But the campaign is so short, I guess it wouldn't of made sense to make you and your unit have more options to work together.

I am disappointed that every other word out of the NPC's in the campaign is F this and F that. I really wish it had an option to turn it off. Either that or they should let you know before you buy it by naming it Bleeping Battlefield Bleeping 4. Sure many love this. But it doesn't seem to add to the story when they swear every 2 seconds. It looses it's intended affect. It also makes it a game you don't want to play if there are young kids around. Even if their not watching you play, all they can hear is swearing.

No one has even tried the multiplayer for the game. So I can't rate the game lower than 5, as when I purchased the game I thought that would be it's biggest draw. It has many different vehicles from planes to boats, to tanks. You can also move around and take others out playing several different types of soldiers. Anything from medic to engineer (repairing vehicles) to soldiers. From what I saw of the video it seems great. I even invited friends over who like multiplayer games and they didn't really care about it. So the game just sits on the shelf gathering dust and I haven't even owned the Xbox one and Battlefield 4 for a whole month yet. To make it worse I only own 2 games for the Xbox One. So for Battlefield 4 to be sitting there, to a racing game says a lot.

Oddly in the campaign I had none of the issues others talk about. The games saved fine and I didn't lose any games. Neither did anyone else who I watched play the game. Though admittedly I never tried the online play, which seems to be the biggest draw and possibly has the most issues, at least according to others who have tried it.

It just seems to be another game EA has burned me on. I tried SWTOR. I tried SimCity, and now I tried Battlefield 4. And the quality of EA games just seems to be dropping lately. None of them were horrible. But none of them were above average. And most of them seem to have horrible online experiences. Even when they are mostly supposed to be enjoyed online.
  53. May 12, 2014
    Having played this game since its launch on the PS4, I have spent a lot of hours with this game. Before actually reviewing it I have played through all portions of this game, singleplayer and unlocked everything in multiplayer. Upon reflection, I realize that I have not actually had any fun with it. In multiplayer I feel like I am always one unlock away from this game being awesome. AtHaving played this game since its launch on the PS4, I have spent a lot of hours with this game. Before actually reviewing it I have played through all portions of this game, singleplayer and unlocked everything in multiplayer. Upon reflection, I realize that I have not actually had any fun with it. In multiplayer I feel like I am always one unlock away from this game being awesome. At the end of unlocking everything one notices the shallow, lifeless and monotonous objective captures and camper killing one must grind each day to have "fun".

Playing this game is basically playing on a rigged chess board in which one chess tile is more advantageous than the rest. At the start of a multiplayer match, all that matters is who gets to that rigged chess tile first.

A lot of the vehicles and weapons and their unlocks are extremely overpowered if you know how to use them. I mean if you know how to exploit these "loopholes" in the weapons and vehicles, one can go an entire round without ever dying and still have lots of kills and "points".

Say im using a jet, which i usually am, all i have to do is figure out the height of the invisible ceiling to bate jets to attack me. While they are stuck falling backwards down to Earth, i swoop in and take them out without trying. Same with the air to ground missilles, its all about timing. I can best any anti-aircraft in a jet by using special timing and height advantage to bypass his active protecttion and destroy him in one pass.

Take the Scout helicopter, same as BF3, people can sit in it and repair it infinitely. It is near impossible to kill it. Now I know battlefield will never be Arma or Operation Flashpoint (Google it), but this game desperately needs more realism for it to be entertaining. All of the multiplayer matches boil down to camping, capturing, then camping. It really gets old after a while because none of the battles feel dynamic at all. They all wind down the same way, with people standing in the same place and camping. very rarely will a match be a close match, not because one team always sucks, but because one team has more players than the other and totally rape the other team exploiting the game in the ways I've explained. Now if your into doing battle in the same exact way that always unfolds the same way, play this game.

Funny thing is I use to love this game, back before everyone figured out where the rigged chess piece was. Now it just is get to Objective charlie first and we will win the match. Sad day when even I dislike Battlefield. :/
  54. Mar 4, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an extremely pretty game, that is great fun to watch and play..... when it works, the game is so buggy at times that I have resorted to considering trading it in for cod ghosts
  55. Mar 5, 2014
    I gave this game a 7 since while it is an extremely fun game there were two major issues I found with it. First the story in single player isn't all that great. More like a stereo typical campaign you would find in most FPS games these days. Nothing new and nothing done differently. Second is the game breaking bugs. It has now been a number of months since release and my single playerI gave this game a 7 since while it is an extremely fun game there were two major issues I found with it. First the story in single player isn't all that great. More like a stereo typical campaign you would find in most FPS games these days. Nothing new and nothing done differently. Second is the game breaking bugs. It has now been a number of months since release and my single player campaign has still broken numerous times as well as multiplayer not saving progress every once in a while. So while its a great game these issues affect the overall experience. Expand
  56. Mar 13, 2014
    With the arrival of Next Generation Consoles, we were expected to get strong launch titles and Battlefield 4 was supposed to be one of them, but is it truly a good game worthy of it's stature in the video game market? Is it worth buying? Well, here's my opinionated review on this game.
    Like all other "shoot 'em up", mainstream media, first person games, Battlefield had an easily forgettable campaign that lacked focus or plot. The campaign also had other issues like certain missions crashing and not saving files on the ps4. The developers Dice apologized for this and updated the game ultimately fixing the problem, but this review should be on how the game performed at launch, not how it performs now.
    The reason Battlefield games are so popular is because of it's realism and it's massive scale, modern warfare play style multiplayer. I feel as though Battlefield could have been immensely better if Dice (the developers) spent more time polishing their final product. Often times, I felt like I was just playing battlefield 3, because not a lot changed from both of the games.
    To summarize battlefield 4, I'll say it was a mediocre game with it’s pros and cons. It’s pros were offering a massive multiplayer experience and it’s realistic graphics and it’s flaws were basically everything else about this game.
  57. Mar 14, 2014
    Não teve muita inovação em relação ao BF3, jogo extremamente bugado e fora as milhões de DLC que essa empresa mercenária coloca em seus games, um jogo pago aonde quem paga premiu tem mais vantagem que os demais.
  58. Mar 23, 2014
    I will start by pointing out the obvious.... the single player campaign is completely pointless but that isnt why people buy battlefield. The multiplayer is much worse than BF3, the matches last less than 10 minutes and privately run servers are defiantly needed. Other bad points include the truly awful maps which have the defending bases 100 yards apart which ruins Rush the best gameI will start by pointing out the obvious.... the single player campaign is completely pointless but that isnt why people buy battlefield. The multiplayer is much worse than BF3, the matches last less than 10 minutes and privately run servers are defiantly needed. Other bad points include the truly awful maps which have the defending bases 100 yards apart which ruins Rush the best game mode. elsewhere the terrible menus and lack of party/squad is enough to put you off. Became bored of the online after reaching a days playtime this compared to the 11 day play time which stretched over 2 years on bf3 means its a much worse game. The poor selection of release games means you will still probably want to pick this up if you want to play multiplayer with mates Expand
  59. Apr 8, 2014
    Graphics- Really good

Guns/Shooting/Loadout- All the guns feel really good, the sound of a gun going off sounds and the recoil effects feels refreshing, loadouts are customizable in game so you dont have to worry about not equipping a rocket launcher or that sniper rifle. I still gotta say that the RBM(single shot rifle) are the wackest part of the game IMO Bugs- These BUGS ARE
    Graphics- Really good

Bugs- These BUGS ARE EVERYWHERE, the Rubber Band effect, players that are in crouch dont have proper walking motions they just float along the ground, climbing onto objects then you somehow teleport back to the bottom of the object, a enemy player facing sideways then shoots their gun like their aiming right at you, game locks up while loading....there are a few more bugs NOT INCLUDING THE MAJOR SERVER LAG

Multiplayer Maps- These maps are way better then BF3, In BF3 you have flat type of maps but in BF4 you got buildings to hide in and there's way more destructible structures

Game Modes- There are a decent amount of game modes most of them are geared towards all maps. But for me Conquest Large is the best cause of the size of the map and options available compared to TDM

Overall Gameplay- If there wasnt a laundry list of bugs I would easily give this a 9 or 10 cause the gameplay is so much fun but as is ill have to give it a 7
  60. May 31, 2014
    Not a bad game by any means but has lots of issues. The campaign is a total mess (it always is) for the most part due to a generic story with bland characters. Literally unplayable. Multi-player is good and almost on par with blops 2.... when it works. This game's multi-player is riddled with server errors and bugs. Don't go into it expecting AAA performance. Best graphics to date though,Not a bad game by any means but has lots of issues. The campaign is a total mess (it always is) for the most part due to a generic story with bland characters. Literally unplayable. Multi-player is good and almost on par with blops 2.... when it works. This game's multi-player is riddled with server errors and bugs. Don't go into it expecting AAA performance. Best graphics to date though, i'll give it that much. Expand
  61. Jun 10, 2014
    Let me start off by saying BF4 is an amazing game, graphics are great the feel is a little sluggish to me tho on the online multiplayer, however it offers a lot of choices which is great. The server has recently gotten a whole lot better which was about to drive me crazy. The only thing I hate is that it takes so long to re-spawn. That being said I have always been a Call Of Duty Fan butLet me start off by saying BF4 is an amazing game, graphics are great the feel is a little sluggish to me tho on the online multiplayer, however it offers a lot of choices which is great. The server has recently gotten a whole lot better which was about to drive me crazy. The only thing I hate is that it takes so long to re-spawn. That being said I have always been a Call Of Duty Fan but BF4 has a lot to offer if your tired of the same ol same ol with call of duty I will be buying Battle Field Hardline and Call Of Duty Advanced Warfare to compare the two. BF4 campaign and multiplayer will surely keep you occupied its worth buying. Expand
  62. Oct 30, 2014
    First off, let me state that I only bought this game for the single-player campaign--I don't play games online. I'd probably give this game a higher rating if I was in it for the multiplayer, but who knows? I realized the campaign was only going to be a 5-6 hour experience but bought the game anyway seeing as how it was only $15 after my trade-in.

(which was "The Evil Within" btw, the

(which was "The Evil Within" btw, the **** game i've played on PS4 but that's another story)

I'm not really a CoD or Battlefield fanboy.....but I will say I enjoy this game more than any CoD game I've played since WM3. The campaign just gives you more freedom and space to work with. Sure, it's a linear game just like every other Military FPS but here you are usually given a larger area to work with and you don't have to take the EXACT same path through each level to succeed. The game encourages you to improvise paths/strategies to find out what works best for you.

When you find yourself in a vehicle in this game it doesn't feel like a turret/scripted section like in other FPS games. In fact, much of the time you don't technically need to use vehicles in the game at all if don't desire to. Also I enjoy that the scripted moments are kept to a minimum when compared to other modern military FPS games....which probably is for the best since the plot is admittedly generic.

This game can't be given a single point for being original as it is clearly just a CoD clone. That's not a bad thing though, sometimes the knock-offs actually improve upon what they're stealing from. This seems to be the case with this game.

Of the three FPS games i've played on PS4 this one is tied with Metro: Redux which I also enjoyed but ultimately traded-in due to it's bugs/glitches. From what I've read this game may have been really buggy/glitchy upon release, but playing through the campaign I noticed a very minimal amount of technical issues. Probably due to my keeping my software/firmware updated & current.

7.4/10
  63. Jul 5, 2014
    Battlefield 4 was on shaky grounds when it first released. My campaign saves kept on getting corrupted and deleted, I was constantly kicked off of servers, and most of all I was not enjoying the experience. The game has been patched since then and we finally have the version that should've been released at launch. For me the single player campaign started good but finished horribly.Battlefield 4 was on shaky grounds when it first released. My campaign saves kept on getting corrupted and deleted, I was constantly kicked off of servers, and most of all I was not enjoying the experience. The game has been patched since then and we finally have the version that should've been released at launch. For me the single player campaign started good but finished horribly. The ending to me seemed rushed and was very anti-climatic. The multiplayer is a much better experience that can hog up hours of your life. However, I think this is it's downfall. As a casual gamer, I don't have 1,000 hours to invest into this game to reach top rank. I have a job, girl friend, and a life. Why make the leveling up process.... sooooooo.... sloooooow? Sure maybe it's rewarding to the fans who make the grind which is great, but this game fell flat for me after rank 40. With having that said, I still give this game credit for having a fun multiplayer experience. It's currently the best on the market for first person shooters. I would suggest that if a single player campaign is more important to you then give Wolfenstein a try. Expand
  64. Aug 20, 2014
    So this game has a ton of issues for PS4 and I have held off writing any kind of review because I was hoping it would be fixed by the time I actually got unlazy and made a metacritic account.

Here are some of the issues: 1. The campaign mode (ya ya, I play campaign mode and it is a crucial part of the game to me) is great, but I had to turn my internet connection off to do it. The

Here are some of the issues:

1. The campaign mode (ya ya, I play campaign mode and it is a crucial part of the game to me) is great, but I had to turn my internet connection off to do it. The glitch in the game doesn't save any progress if you turn off the game and it is connected to the internet. It required that I use a USB and stay offline until I finished. ANNOYING since to collect trophies you need to beat it at least 3 times.

2. Online rubberbanding. Enough said.

3. Non-existent hitbox. I saw a gif that explained it best - there will be times when you will literally shoot right through someone's face online and it will not register..... leading to point 4

4. said person will then one shot kill you through a wall. This must be something to do with rubberbanding or just plain bad physics but I have been shot around walls sooooooooooooooooooo many times.

5. Bad fps or latency on multiplayer conquest maps. The look good and lots of different play styles, but hell if you don't have a complete "oh s**t" moment when a building collapses and FPS drops to -3.

That said, why give it a 6 (maybe 7). Despite the issues I have logged well over 300 hours because there isn't much else in terms of multiplayer available. Now that other games have come out, I haven't played it in a while but it still has entertainment value if I hop on with a few friends.

So if you are looking for a game with decent play value, get it, but if you want a polished product - stay away because even a year in the game is a joke and EA has definitely shifted resources to their next gen of games.
  65. Jul 29, 2014
    In short, Battlefield 4 isn't a great game, but it isn't a bad game either.

Campaign: If you're expecting an amazing in-depth story, then you will be disappointed. If you expect an explosive action packed thrill ride akin to many action movies, then you'll get what you want here. Multiplayer: Upon release, Battlefield 4 was hindered by a load of bugs, glitches, and exploits that were
    In short, Battlefield 4 isn't a great game, but it isn't a bad game either.

Multiplayer: Upon release, Battlefield 4 was hindered by a load of bugs, glitches, and exploits that were often game breaking. Are they still around? Yes, but not as much as they were at launch. It can sometimes be frustrating to get past these problems, but now they happen less and are quickly overcome. Undoubtedly, the selling point of this game is the "Levolution" feature, in which elements of the map are destroyed or changed as the battle rages around them, culminating in a big "Levolution" event which greatly changes the map in some circumstances. These are often varied in size and scope, and range from a floor collapsing, a tower falling down, the side of a building crumbling, steam pipes exploding causing a bridge to collapse, a large ship crashing ashore, and an epic collapse of a huge skyscraper, shrouding the map in dust and debris. It is worth playing the multiplayer just to witness these events at least once. As for the rest of the multiplayer, it functions nearly the same as Battlefield 3, which is good for those who enjoyed it, but means that those who didn't enjoy Battlefield 3 and aren't impressed by the "Levolution" feature will have a hard time enjoying this one.
    However, any person who enjoys FPS games is likely to enjoy this, so they should be encouraged to pick this game up as it is definitely one of the most prolific and popular FPS franchises at the moment.
  66. Jul 31, 2014
    I was looking forward to this re-capturing my enjoyment of first person shooting games. It failed, when I had the time to get into it there were too many bugs. Now I find it hard to bring myself to start the game just to play through the single player campaign.
  67. Sep 10, 2014
    During 4 months the game was completely broken. Hard to get into a match, lots of errors to log in into the servers and there was no way to invite friends to your group. Then they fixed some errors and the way EA apologized was by giving us "XP boost". That was a bad idea and they are still selling their DLC at the same price. Without DLC's, this game doesn't worth your money and time.
  68. Sep 10, 2014
    Compared to Call of Duty, then yes, Battlefield IS better. But it's like comparing 2 turds to each other. You can choose which one is better, but they don't stop being turds. Said that, they also don't stop being the same every year and somehow managing to be WORSE every year. It pretty much feels like Battlefield 3.000000249. Not much improved. The story is no longer smart and complicatedCompared to Call of Duty, then yes, Battlefield IS better. But it's like comparing 2 turds to each other. You can choose which one is better, but they don't stop being turds. Said that, they also don't stop being the same every year and somehow managing to be WORSE every year. It pretty much feels like Battlefield 3.000000249. Not much improved. The story is no longer smart and complicated but back to the old "Blah de blah de blah China blah de blah de blah Russia blah de blah de blah AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". The game's community has certantly seen a decline, since all CoD fanboys have now moved to battlefield which pretty much means "prepare to lose all faith in humanity". Although it manages to keep all interesting features from Battlefield 3, they feel samey and repeated rather than tweaked and improved. The game doesn't require much skill (unlike what a BF/CoD fanboy will tell you). It's just shoot,shoot and occasionally stab/blow up. 5/10 average game Expand
  69. Aug 15, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This game is amazing if you don't look at the single player but the online is 10 out of 10 I love every part of the multiplayer but the single player can not be put aside it is broken and the AI sucks but the multi-player that is a thing of the future presiding you have friends to play it with it is like world of Warcraft ok playing by your self but amazing with friends Expand
  70. Aug 23, 2014
    Battlefield 4 was the first game I bought for the PS4 and first starting it up my first impression was "damn this is gorgeous", but then, the game crashed. That word sums up Battlefield 4 in a nutshell. Battlefield 4 is a beautiful game with familiar gameplay. The story is very cookie cutter, the characters are nothing special, which is not unusual for FPS war games (is anyone else gettingBattlefield 4 was the first game I bought for the PS4 and first starting it up my first impression was "damn this is gorgeous", but then, the game crashed. That word sums up Battlefield 4 in a nutshell. Battlefield 4 is a beautiful game with familiar gameplay. The story is very cookie cutter, the characters are nothing special, which is not unusual for FPS war games (is anyone else getting tired of silent protagonists?). The multiplayer portion I can't honestly can't say much about. It crashed so many times on me that I just gave up with it and went back to BF3. The game is fun, but completely familiar and brings nothing new to the genre. I'd say wait for Hardline. Expand
  71. Aug 31, 2014
    This game looks amazing on next gen but it fails overall as battlefield. The maps are terrible mainly because it is impossible to play rush on them. It feels like the only good maps are in the dlc which cost an extra $50. The multiplayer was unplayable for the first few months because it was filled with bugs and glitches. The campaign is boring and forgettable.
  72. Oct 22, 2014
    64 players multiplayer is annoying and the rest is semi-interesting. Maybe too "real" for me. Didnt finish campaign, only played for 15-20 minutes...
  73. Nov 5, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is the newest entry into the legacy franchise by developer DICE and presents a continuation building on the foundation developed by it's predecessor, Battlefield 3. But, is the foray into this Battlefield worth the price, or should you sit this one out until the next call to arms?

After playing both the launch version of Battlefield 4, and the newest version of Battlefield 4 (post DICE LA update) I am impressed by the turn that the future of the franchise has taken. Battlefield 4 launched boasting an impressive suite of features, most of which were unavailable due to a rather toxic and bug ridden launch. While not entirely known for it's campaign, Battlefield 4 delivers a rather memorable experience that puts you in the shoes of a soldier in charge of preventing an all out war over political espionage. As expected, you will tour a variety of locations with your squad, destroying all that stand in your path while engaging in adrenaline filled glory as you unleash a foray of lead in the air. However, what Battlefield is known for is it's multiplayer experience, which at launch, and up until a few weeks ago, was plagued with network connection errors, bugs, netcode issues, and a host of other unpleasant items commonly equated to an incomplete game. With Battlefield Hardline fast approaching, DICE LA took the mantle to fix issues prevalent in the game to prove to fans that they can, and will, produce op notch quality games in lieu of the former DICE Sweden. DICE LA has taken what was initially an awful game, not worthy of a single dollar, and breathed life into the franchise once again. Battlefield 4 on the PS4 has never been better, but unfortunately, it is too little too late. While Battlefield 4 is remarkably better in terms of its multiplayer experience now after much needed updates, many players have moved on and long since returned copies of the game. As such, there is a heap of fantastic multiplayer content that is barely being played. Unfortunately, DICE LA's work to re-establish the franchise in preparation for release of Battlefield Hardline may have been a waste as this title was already dead in the water long ago. However, its nice to see developers support a title, especially one that they didn't create. Battlefield 4 is best avoided due to the lack of activity surrounding a title that was neglected by it's developers for far too long.
  74. Nov 26, 2014
    The game is great. But it has a few flaws. I love the campaign part of all fps games and I play it a lot. The story was too short. I felt that it could've been longer. Multiplayer seems great. If you get placed into a map with new guys instead of Veterans who kill you the second you spawn. Premium is not worth the purchase as I thought it would be additional campaigns but it's only 2The game is great. But it has a few flaws. I love the campaign part of all fps games and I play it a lot. The story was too short. I felt that it could've been longer. Multiplayer seems great. If you get placed into a map with new guys instead of Veterans who kill you the second you spawn. Premium is not worth the purchase as I thought it would be additional campaigns but it's only 2 additional maps. The test range could be a whole lot better. They could at least add the option to have real life enemy spawn and not some target board, an option to use weapons unlocked from your campaign story. Expand
  75. Dec 2, 2014
    The core of the game is the mutliplayer experience and this is an absolute blast to play. The new maps are varied and big. The ability to now play with 64 people on the same map is a big step forward. Still, the amount of maps is a little underwhelming and you'll need to fork out extra money if you want the extra DLC maps.

Paid DLC is fine, as long as the vanilla offering is large

Paid DLC is fine, as long as the vanilla offering is large enough to warrant a full retail price. This isn't the case here.

In the graphics department, it doesn't really feel next gen. It sure plays smoothly, but I expected a prettier game on the new consoles.

The campaign is dull and lackluster, and only provides value when the servers are offline. They would have better made it online MP only, and add more maps, instead of this season pass sillyness.

+ 64 people multiplayer fun
    + Addictive
    + Plays really smoothly

- Underwhelming amount of included multiplayer maps
    - Extra maps are paid DLC
    - Graphics
  76. Jul 3, 2015
    This time I didn't even bother to finish the campaign. The multiplayer is not as good as it was in BF3, but it's still good. Not many new things made here. To be honest I could have been happy if all these new maps were just DLC's for Battlefield 3 and not a whole new game. This game didn't have the same feel to it and this time I bought no DLCs, like I did with BF3.
    It wasn't really
    It wasn't really necessary to make this game at all.

(I played this shortly after it came out, I'm just now writing the review)
  77. Feb 24, 2015
    If u are passionate about war games, is the one ou like. Im not. but i think this game is fun to play a story mode, the multiplayer online is fun but you may find hard to kill players. But is fun when you apply your own strategy to kill enemies, specially with a sniper rifle. gameplay is great. To try.
  78. Nov 9, 2015
    Multiplayer review only!) Battlefield 4 has a really decent multiplayer, although it's nothing too innovative. It shares it's similarities with it's predecessor. It looks awesome and the levolution makes for a good effect, but apart from that, and also for adding a commander mode, it's not so different from Battlefield 3. The map design is decent, but not spectacular. And also the gunplayMultiplayer review only!) Battlefield 4 has a really decent multiplayer, although it's nothing too innovative. It shares it's similarities with it's predecessor. It looks awesome and the levolution makes for a good effect, but apart from that, and also for adding a commander mode, it's not so different from Battlefield 3. The map design is decent, but not spectacular. And also the gunplay feels smooth and fluid. If you've never played any Battlefield game, you should buy this one because it's really enjoyable. Or if you haven't played a battlefield game with 64 players in a single match and you like to try it, sure this game is very recommendable. However, if you've already played a Battlefield game with 64 players, like Battlefield 3 on PC, you are not going to be blown away by this title. Expand
  79. Jan 24, 2016
    Battlefield looks and feels absolutely incredible on the PS4. Gunplay is some of the best I've ever seen, with the crack of bullets and realistic recoil. The levolution is very cool and the game modes are very fun. But speaking about game modes, lately I've only ever been able to find conquest games, literally no other game mode had a full lobby (If one at all) and probably the biggestBattlefield looks and feels absolutely incredible on the PS4. Gunplay is some of the best I've ever seen, with the crack of bullets and realistic recoil. The levolution is very cool and the game modes are very fun. But speaking about game modes, lately I've only ever been able to find conquest games, literally no other game mode had a full lobby (If one at all) and probably the biggest issue with BF4 is the issues with the campaign savings. Its so infuriating since I've put hours into the rather good campaign, only to have it deleted after a few days! EA MUST fix this issue for it lowered this score by quite a margin. Expand

1. Apr 16, 2014
    In comparison with the current-gen of consoles, Battlefield 4 is the shooter for the next-gen consoles. The graphics are even more stunning than before and there’s an ability to play with more gamers on the console. Choose the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One-version above the current-gen versions.
  2. The issues aren’t ruinous, and in the case of the multiplayer more an inconvenience that EA needs to address than anything else – but it’s enough to take the shine off what should be one of the best shooters on PS4.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an excellent multiplayer FPS with wildly varied vehicles and interesting maps. [Jan 2014]