6.5

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Absolutely awesome startup to new ps4. Awesome graphics, awesome multiplayer, great perfomance. The new levolution system works and feels great, especially on flood zone. Ps. 1080р and 60 fps. 10/10.
  2. Nov 16, 2013
    Campaign is fun but there are major issues with save files corrupting. Many players are having to re-do countless hours of singleplayer due to bugs.

Multiplayer is basically unplayable at the moment as well.
  3. Nov 20, 2013
    The game is fantastic when it actually works. Right now, a week after launch, it is completely unplayable due to developer incompetence. Save files get corrupted on the single-player campaign, the multiplayer matches lag out and dump you within 5 minutes, and both single-player and multi-player have constant problems with crashes to the PS4 dashboard. I'm guessing it will be fixed eventually, but save your money and buy a better experience in the meantime. DICE and EA don't deserve your money at the moment for the shoddy, bug-ridden experience they have put out here. Expand
  4. Nov 20, 2013
    Game on ps4 is garbage UNPLAYEABLE. and even after all of that EA decided to release an unfinished game to the market. this is unacceptable for a game.
  5. Nov 16, 2013
    The Good
    When I first played BF4, I got in a Zodiac on Hainan Resort Rush and beat the living out of the enemy, watching helicopters fly by and APC's rolling onto land. It felt epic to see as if the match I was playing was literally a campaign mission. The immersion of Battlefield 4 on the PS4 is so amazing that you will think that it is a campaign mission. The innovation of the game
    features more destruction brought back from BF BC2 (Doesn't really count) and other additions like closing doors, opening security gates, etc which is what makes BF4 great. The campaign on BF4 is still kinda bad however you will get a better time from it than CoD Ghosts or BF3.

The Bad
    Battlefield 4 may be an improvement in some parts of BF3 but it is a let down in others. Some of the weapons of the game once again prove to be useless and no one will ever use them i.e. DMR's (3 hits to kill someone instead of 2). BF4 also has many server problems (See BF4 on PS4 below) which account to my frustration towards DICE. I think the worst part about this game might be the netcode or suppression. I'm not sure if suppression really does anything towards the people I'm shooting at but the netcode is atrocious in BF4 from what I've seen. I'll give DICE the benefit of the doubt that it's new and all but still, if DICE doesn't fix the netcode problem then you're going to have a bad time on BF4. Also they removed Spawn invulnerability so expect to die immediately when you spawn on your squad-mates; I advise to spawn at a deployment site or in a vehicle with your squad.

BF4 on PS4

-Is this game as graphically good as the PC? No but not by much. If you have a high-end PC then get BF4 for the PC because BF4 looks as always best on the PC but if you have a low-end PC like mine that has difficulty playing BF3 Ultra settings, then get Battlefield 4 for the PS4. The PS4's raw horsepower allows the game to run 900p at 60 FPS. The 60 FPS alone should be a good thing.

-Are their problems with servers like on PC version? Yes there are problems on the PS4 version like on PC however there is a problem only on the PS4 called Error CZ 34878-0. If you get this error, it means that you have a corrupted save file on your PS4 and the only way you can fix it is by deleting it. Servers crash half the time and the netcode can be atrocious sometimes.

-I have a PS4 and I saw Killzone:SF and so the question is is BF4 better than KS:ZF? I can't say however I can say that KZ has dedicated servers which could be a +1 for them vs BF4 on the PS4.

BF4 has the opportunity to get Multiplayer of the year and even Game of the Year (Watch TLOU get it mark my words) but unfortunately faces many problems across all platforms with servers crashing and all that happening. If DICE cannot fix the game within the year, then the final verdict for this game IMO is going to be a 6/10. If DICE can fix the game, then my final rating for the game is going to be a 9/10 because for those who are reading this. The biggest problem in the game is server crashes, other than that it's a great multiplayer game (Note Multiplayer)

Hopefully DICE won't do this with SW Battlefront.
  6. Nov 20, 2013
    This game in it's current state is broken beyond my belief. Connection issues and servers crashing makes it unplayable. I spent over an hour searching for a game, and when I found one everyone would immediately begin walking in place. A sure sign of a crash) And before I know it i'm back at the title screen. The constant errors make it nearly untouchable. If things were fixed however, I would happily give this game a 9 score, But as of now there is no sign of change. Expand
  7. Nov 19, 2013
    I was very excited to play Battlefield 4 on my PS4, came home from midnight launch and popped it right in. Was I expecting some bugs? Sure. Conquest doesn't work? Big deal, I'll go play Rush until its patched... except, I can't. In fact as soon as my game was booted up, it told me the update was ready for install, noticing it wasn't installing on its on I backed out to the dashboard and it started to install. Upon relaunching my game my Options button wouldn't work.. Game then crashed. I decided to reinstall the game thinking I had a corrupted install, same fate. Tried a third time after the patch yesterday, crashed immediately.

I understand some people defending DICE/EA because THEY personally can play, but I cannot even get to the main menu without my game crashing completely. My copies of CoD: Ghosts, Assassins Creed 4, and Killzone: Shadow Fall have all worked flawlessly besides minor bugs but BF4 is completely and utterly broken, and as a long time fan of Battlefield it is frustrating. There is no excuse for the game simply not working at all out of the package, if that was the case it should have been delayed. I'm considering selling this off soon because apparently the PC version has been broken for almost 3 weeks now.
  8. Nov 21, 2013
    this game is broken mess.

-Single player saves corrupt/disappear
    -64player Conquest game do NOT work. period
    -random crashes
    -no squads
    -no way to play with friends on the same team
    -no way to change loadouts in the main menu

PS4 version
  9. Dec 25, 2013
    Let the PR companies put a positive spin on this.. Seriously anyone dumb enough to actually read and believe the positive reviews of a game that's been publicly reviewed as broken is by definition an idiot. Once again All EA has to do is launch a b.s. Ad campaign and by the masses the drones follow. Enough is enough, games this broken shouldn't be released. Look at it this way, EA has ceased production on any further titles in an effort to solve the major issues in this game. If you doubt it.. Google it, their own stock holders are taking them to court over this game alone. Think about how massively broken this game is when they need to bring people in from other departments, working on other games to fix the issues related to this game.

The sp campaign is lacklustre, if you can even complete it.., it's bugged and your saved games disappear because of a bug. The multi player has atrocious net code, lags constantly. Bullet loss and malfunctioning hit boxes result in your multiplayer experience being frustrating.

This is your opportunity as a gamer.. Stop the cycle of crap games like this being released before completion only to have the developer "fix" the issues in future patches. This game is crap.. Steer clear!
  10. Nov 23, 2013
    They made it playable for PS4 now. Best FPS on the market hands down. If you want to see what the next level of FPS gaming is, you need to play BF4. Go DICE
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    If I was to review this game on the game itself I would probably give it an 8 or a 9 but to be completely honest I can not in good faith give such a review.

Battlefield 4 is great and looks very pretty...when it works. EA/DICE (mostly EA) has yet again dropped the ball on another triple A title.

When the game works the visuals are fantastic, the 1080p looks amazing and the sounds are
    equally amazing. I've had the chance to play some domination online and as expected the experience was great but what Battlefield fans are looking for is the signature modes of rush and conquest, I was able to join a couple of games in these modes but was promptly disconnected from EA with in minutes of starting the match, this then sometimes generates an error that forces you to close the application all together and in turn corrupting your save file.

DICE is not without its faults as well, they have gone above and beyond to promote the fact that BF4 is all about teamwork and going lone wolf would be difficult to do. For some reason though DICE has neglected to add a party system on Battlefield 4 like there was on Battlefield 3 where you can get a bunch of your friends together and then create squads and join servers together. No where on BF4 is there a place to do this, instead you have to join on one friend who is on a server and hope that there is enough room for you to at least get in the game never mind being on the same team as him.

If you're looking to buy this game I would say to wait for now. DICE I'm sure is working on the issues that is plaguing this game not only for PS4 but PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 as well (I'm sure Xbox one will have its issues but that has not been released during the writing of this review). Hold on to your hard earned money until you know for sure that the game has been fixed to at least be playable, I know there's always going to be minor issues that have to be fixed in the background but as of right now this game, in my opinion is broken.

Once BF4 is fixed then I will write another review and I'm sure the score will be a lot higher. In my eyes though the game will never be a 10 because of all the issues caused by poor quality control.
  12. Nov 20, 2013
    This game has the potential to be the best shooter ever made...BUT it's broken. I paid 60$ for a game that doesn't work. Crashed during campaign them to get a message telling me the save file is corrupt and that it needs to be overwritten...and then start the whole thing over. Can't even play conquest what a joke. EA you're eveything that's wrong with this world, making people pay 60$ for product you knew was unfinished. Expand
  13. Nov 20, 2013
    64 player battles on my new PS4 was the reason I purchased a launch day console. I have yet to experience this 6 days later. On the Friday of launch week I got my console and game and set everything up. Multiplayer was not working right away so I started the campaign.

An hour or two later I started multiplayer with some friends. There is currently no way to group up before entering
    a battle. You have to join a match and then hope your friends can follow you. If there are no open slots you are out of luck because there is no queue. It has almost been a week now and the multiplayer is severely broken. You can play 10 v 10 deathmatch and domination, but none of the other modes work.

I went back to resume my campaign that I saved and all of my progress has been erased. I am extremely disappointed in DICE and will not purchase another of their games at launch.

The two reasons this game gets 4/10 are the graphics and the feel of combat. When you can play it really is amazing. If they get it fixed I will come and update my review.
  14. Nov 20, 2013
    This game is broken. I do not recommend. So far the only game modes you can play on multiplayer are the 16 player maps Every so often your save data gets corrupted and your single player progress is lost and you multiplayer settings are corrupted.
  15. Nov 20, 2013
    the good: Pretty, the new frostbite engine makes the visuals pop. audio: The guns sound like their real life counterparts for the most part the fair: Music: sounds like techno or highly synthesized farts, just like the commercials. Not a fan. controls: no fully customization layouts, only 2 preset layouts. campaign: somewhat generic, feels like a action movie, seems more COD-like as opposed to realism.

the bad:
    Multiplayer: non-functional except for death match and defuse, all other game modes are broken or crash/disconnect before completing a match resulting in all exp gains being lost for that match. Exp for ribbons also are not being applied, though the game shows it is. Battlelog is laggy and at times non-functional as well. There is also no party system, so it is next to impossible to play with friends DICE has gone on record that a party system is a "feature to be added later )(really?)

in its current state, 4 out of 10.
  16. Nov 20, 2013
    Would love to give this the 9.2 it deserves, but falls very low because it bombed. I could accept crazy glitches and cheats but you can't even play the core of the game. Also I have to start the campaign over because of a corrupt file do to the massive number of crashes.
  17. Nov 21, 2013
    This is the best looking console game ever made, and the maps are decent too. But at launch, and a week later the game is very bad! If you enjoy singleplayer, you should try to finish the game in one sitting, because EVERYONE's saved game gets corrupted. The game crashes constantly, if you load battlelog from within it, or even just backing out to the main menu from the multiplayer menu it has crashed repeatedly.

After crashing and corrupting your data, it will then refuse to start without crashing again. But there's a workaround! If you press X as fast as you can while it's loading, it skips whatever was crashing it.

It's also a nightmare to make a party and have everyone join the same game, there is no good method to do so. Call of Duty lets you make a party, then join a game as that party, BF4 does not. You first have to find a server with enough open spaces, tell your friends to get ready, join it, then HOPE they all join it too before it fills up. The worst part is this only works half of the time, the other half your fiend doesn't make it and you have to wait for the level to load then quit, then try it all again.

Conquest mode doesn't work, that's the 64 player maps filled with vehicles and awesome. The quickmatch button never finds one and gets you into it, and joining the server directly doesn't work either.

Day One DLC, there's a mode with planes, and another mode that are unavailable until you buy the DLC that they belong to, which I think is $10 for each one.
  18. Nov 19, 2013
    The game on PS4 simply does not work, and it's not a one-off situation, it's the same for everyone:
    1- you can't play the single player campaign as your save games files get corrupted every time.
    2- you can't play multiplayer (the reason BF exist...) because either it's impossible to join a server, or you get kicked out, or all other sorts of problems. IE there are no 64 players servers
    working so far, no Conquest mode, no Commander mode.
    3- It will basically get at least a month of patches, if things go well, to get the game to a level of playability even close.

Right now, it's just not working for anyone on PS4. Have a look at the Battlelog forums before buying it.

Every other game on PS4 works perfectly fine.
  19. Nov 19, 2013
    I'm having a hard time believing the "critics" are not being paid off. That or the requirements to become a "critic" are very low. This game on the PS4 simply does not work. The only way it could attain a high grade is if someone is basing their opinion solely on the graphics. The graphics are great, no doubt. The gameplay (if you get to play) is great as well but there is one huge problem. Every user. Not some. EVERY user is having problems. For starters Conquest and large conquest simply do not work. If a commander joins the server crashes. There are graphic anomalies on the overview screen before deploying. There is the infamous crash back to PS4 dashboard which inevitably corrupts your save data. So that more or less makes campaign an impossibility. You make any progress, get the crash (which is ridiculously common to everyone), you have to start over. The app for android has bugs. The website dos not recognize most people as premium members even though they've paid the extra money to be premium (I being one of them). Today was a mess of random disconnects even in rush which had worked somewhat prior to today. This game does not deserve high ratings till problems are solved. Expand
  20. Nov 19, 2013
    A promising game... tarnished by sloppy rushed development. BF4 for the PS4 is a game that promises big action and it delivers when it is working which sadly is very little right now.

The good: Beautifully detailed graphics and smooth 60 frames per second, fun multiplayer modes with plenty of epic moments to be had. showcases well what the new console can do graphically and the sounds
    are very good.

The bad: Honestly I can't can't tell you much about the single player campaign because the game corrupts the save file whenever it crashes and it happens a lot. On the multiplayer side there are many modes for you to try but at this date only Team Death Match and Domination work reliably and the much touted commander mode (accessible through an app on android and IOS devices) is disabled because of a game crashing bug.

Dice claims to be working on a fix for some these things and plans to release a patch in a week or so but won't say what is on that patch. The list of bugs goes on but you get the idea.

Bottom line: It will likely become a great multiplayer game in a few months but stay away from it. It is pretty rough right now even when comparing it to the similarly troubled Battlefield 3 release a few years ago. I can't in good conscience label it a complete failure but the technical execution leaves much to be desired.
  21. Nov 19, 2013
    The fact is, the game is incomplete. There are numerous gigantic bugs that leave this game near unplayable. EA has released yet another game that should not have been released. So far there are seven major issues. 1. Game stability Crashes all the time for many users triggering error ce-34878-0 2. Save files Files corrupt almost every time an error ce-34878-0 occurs. 3. Network stability Servers frequently kick players from matches often triggering the error ce-34878-0.

4. Game modes Half functioning at best. Obliteration often has server crashes, the main draw for The Battlefield seriesconquest and conquest large do no function at all.

5. Commander mode Has now been disabled, proven to be to buggy.

6. Battle-log Does not update or maintain changes made on computer, phone, or tablet devices; often crashes the game when pulling Battle-log up in game on PS4.

7. MP Stats do not save mot the time due to the frequent kicks from servers.

The game should not have been released. I regret paying full price for this, and EA has been quiet on when it will be fixed.
  22. Nov 19, 2013
    I have to base this simply on my play time. Not on what the game may one day be. Sadly... It's a complete failure. It's unplayable. I've had to create three different campaign saves, due to file corruption(I gave up). Most online match types are not join-able due to server drop, and i get constant error messages. Forcing immediate restarts. The only games I've been able to join are Rush. Which is crippled with server lag. Dice promised a patch early next week, but at this time I advise all to stay away. Spend time on the wonderful free games PSN offers us. Until a fix. Expand
  23. Nov 19, 2013
    This game has major issues. The graphics are great and the controls are solid. That's where the good stuff ends. This game crashes so much that it's literally unplayable. Do not waste your money on this title.
  24. Nov 19, 2013
    This game should have been awesome, however, it's hampered by poor controller profiles, constant crashing, no available servers, poor squat chat, etc. EA should be ashamed of themselves for releasing a game that was no where near ready for release. I'm not sure how this is legal. If I sound upset, it's because I am. I'm a hardcore Battlefield player and have played nearly every Battlefield game there was. I'm just absolutely tired of EA releasing unfinished games that are just totally unplayable for $60 a pop. I purchased a game that I expected to play the day I bought it. I didn't preorder the game only to have to wait weeks or months for EA to fix the thing. I was really, really looking forward to playing Battlefield 4 on my PlayStation 4 with better graphics support and 60fps. I really wanted to play the Conquest Large games with 64 players a match. If you happen to even find a Conquest Large game, you'll never be able to finish it because the game will crash or you'll loose connection to the server. All your left with is CoD style games to play. Save yourself some money and just buy CoD Ghosts. Maybe in a few months, if EA gives DICE a chance to fix the myriad of crippling issues with Battlefield 4, then purchase the game. Expand
  25. Nov 20, 2013
    I give it a 0 out of 10. It is a huge failure. A broken game. I was lucky to make it through the short campaign. The first time I got half way through the game crashed and corrupted my save data. Another time it corrupted a checkpoint and forced me to redo a whole mission.

Now, for the multiplayer. THERE IS NO CONQUEST! IT IS BROKEN! Do not buy this game! I'm trading it in! DICE says
    they are working on a fix. In the mean time, they did a server update and broke all the other modes except team death match. So, we are basically getting none of what was promised in the game. They make Call of Duty: Ghosts look like the best game ever made. I know that is not true, but it look like it when comparing the working game against Battlefield 4. Do youself a favor and buy another game instead.

I was a Battlefield fan and played over 150 of Battlefield 3 multiplayer.
  26. Nov 20, 2013
    It would be awesome if it was playable. Instead you get a game with a BUNCH of problems. Connections issues are the most obvious you get kicked out of everything but two modes really. Two types of kicks too one to the start screen and one to the PS4 home page. Then you have the fact the biggest draw (64 person matches) does not work at all. And playing with friends? What a joke. The only way you play with friends is to join on them while they are in a game. The problem? Most every single game is full most of the time. So you have to wait till a perfect moment when your friend says "SOMEONE LEFT QUE QUE QUE!!" and maybe just maybe you get to play together. Then one of you gets kicked from the game and you start it all over again. Or you are like me just say F it and go to sleep. This is a beautiful game when playable. But it's not playable so its really nothing more than a disaster. Expand
  27. Nov 20, 2013
    Game looks great on PS4 but does not work. Online has gotten even worse since DICE started working on the servers. You can not even play the campaign without it getting corrupted and deleted. Big Battlefield fan but seriously their is no reason you should have released a game when even single player does not work. Yeah EA/DICE will patch the issue and fix it "eventually" but the game should have not even came out for next gen if this is how it plays. Expand
  28. Nov 20, 2013
    If this game actually worked I would give it a 9. The graphics are amazing. The levelution is amazing, the weapons and customization is amazing. The vehicles are amazing! The problem? You can't play the f'n game!!! If you can't even login and play the multiplayer game, then all the rest of the amazing features are totally useless! Most people get part way through the single player campaign to get a blue screen error message and lose ALL of their progress! Only having to start over and it errors out again! Frustrating. The multiplayer is even worse. You can't login to a game most of the time. When you do login to a game and start having fun, it loses connection. The "join" buttons are not accurate, they function differently than what the screen says they do. When playing, the graphics blur out every 60 seconds. There is no sound during the start of the game. No one can even play conquest right now, which is the most popular game mode. Horrible!!! Look at the battlelog forums and see the 10000+ complaints replying to the "known bf4 issues and next steps" Expand
  29. Nov 21, 2013
    This game is Broken, Unplayable, and an insult to customers. Looks great for the 5 minutes you can run it. I have had it since release day, and the one servers side patch they put out broke the game even worse.

I love the series, and would love the game if it worked, but being told on day 2 that you have to wait for a week to get a patch that MIGHT fix it is deplorable.

They knew it
    was broken before they released it, as the other platforms it was released on earlier are also busted. No other industry gets away with continuously putting out broken products. Expand
  30. Nov 24, 2013
    If you're an FPS fan and have a PS4, this is pretty much a required purchase in my opinion. It's one of the highest rated PS4 launch titles and it's just totally amazing. The graphics run in hi-rez at 60 fps with the very new Frostbite 3 engine, so it just looks fantastic. But the biggest improvement is in its Domination mode, which I can't stop playing. Domination feels like what Call of Duty would have evolved into close quarters fighting that looks and feels just incredible a huge improvement over BF3. The weapons look and feel awesome, the levelling system feels just right, I can't recommend a game more highly in my opinion, this is 2013 gaming at its best. Expand
  31. Nov 21, 2013
    Don't make this the first game you buy on the PS4. EA can't seem to get the game to work worth a damn. The first weekend I had it I got constant errors and corrupt data. I decide to give it a few days (5) to get it's kinks worked out and give it another go. Well so far, no corrupt data or errors, but every time I try to connect to a match it fails, or if I manage to actually connect, it boots me in less then 5 minutes with connection issues.

This game has issues, and EA does not seem to care whether or not they have things working properly. I have always enjoyed battlefield more then other shooters, but if a game doesn't work and the company that makes it does not care, well then screw off, that's the last time you get money from me.

Kind Regards,
  32. Nov 15, 2013
    blegh....buy it and your a sheep..but surprisingly this time i like it more than cod,still same engine,gfx,gun sounds,lame story.Completely avoid if u plan to play it offline!no replay value at all!
  33. Dec 17, 2013
    If you thought Fallout on ps3 was broken, you aint seen nothing yet. This game crashes harder than any beta I've ever played. When it works, it's everything you would want out of a Battlefield experience, but saying this game works is a stretch. It's inexcusable for a big name developer and publisher like EA and DICE to release a game that is flat out, unfinished. Beyond disappointing.
  34. Dec 6, 2013
    DO NOT BUY!! This game has critical game breaking errors that render it UNPLAYABLE even tho it's nearly a month after release. Do your research and see if they have fixed the crash errors before purchasing, you have been warned.
  35. Nov 16, 2013
    I suppose I'll be the first to write a review that isn't '10/10 GOTY buy now' or 'it's not PC it suxxx'.

The campaign storyline is enjoyable and it's a step up from BF3's campaign, though I wish we could stop picking on the Chinese and Russians. I think in several places it manages to out-CoD CoD, which can be either good or bad depending on your perspective. Sadly, there are a LOT of
    bugs that I've run into, like having guns completely disappear and having to use the dot on my screen to aim, or constant errors and crashing on the Singapore Strait level. For a console game, even a release day console game, this is absolutely unacceptable.

Multiplayer I'm still getting the hang of. I'm basing this mainly off my experiences on PC as PSN was down and buggy for much of release day. The unlock systems feel a little awkward, as it's not a clear 'do this get this' progression anymore. As you do stuff with, say, an assault class, you earn points toward unlocking assault stuff, while if you use an assault rifle, you earn points toward new assault rifles, and if you use a particular assault rifle, you get points for attachments for that assault rifle. That means if you're healing or reviving people, you'll get assault score and XP for levels, but not new attachments or guns. There is some randomness involved with battlepacks, which contain paint schemes and unique attachments, and I'm hoping against all hope EA doesn't decide to monetize this (who am I kidding).

Graphics on the PS4 are decent enough for 'next gen', but are not anywhere as eyepopping as they are on the PC, and of course, the controls are a bit clunky though the Dualshock 4 is really, really nice compared to the 3.

So, bottom line is it's an enjoyable experience HOWEVER the PS4 version has a lot of bugs to work through. If you haven't already bought it with the bundle, I would recommend waiting a month or so for the bugs to get fixed. Once they do, I will revisit my score here.
  36. Dec 4, 2013
    A horrible game on a horrible console. The campaign was bad as like every other battlefield game, but what the game is really for is the multiplier experience, which was not bad at all but the major server problems, and a few frame rate problems here and there....all this completely turned from not just the game but the console it self....sad so sad, unbelievable. This game turned out to be a mess on the consoles, but amazing on the PC Expand
  37. Nov 15, 2013
    single player: too short. not satisfying enough, mostly it sounds like a little showcase for the engine. i enjoyed the different settings and the shooting but generally it does not have much to offer. story is a "meh" and worst of all is that the characters were supposed to be like emotional and cool and engaging but they are nothing but everyday heroes! dunt exoect too much
    graphics:
    well....its just awesome! i am actually impressed how close ps4 is to the PC version, 900p is not bad and it does seems like a 1080p. frame rate is consistent and it rarely goes bellow 40. overall graphics are a reall next gen, the areas are vast and destructable but textures and lightings are so good. some of the textures are a little bit washed out compare to pc but it is not easy to spot. i dont really expect dice to manage to bring their engine really optimised on consoles for now though.
    multi: its just the best. 64 players, frame rate about 40-60. awesome graphics and vast maps. dynamic maps. cool mods and pretty much everything is cool. i like the deep costumization and the commander mode as well. this game can keep you busy for few months easily actually and i strongly recommend it to every ps4 owner as i kniw they will enjoy the multiplayer especially if they never had chance to play on PC.
  38. Nov 18, 2013
    This is my first time playing a battlefield game after playing COD in the past. There's no comparison, this game is COD on steroids. Playing COD is underwhelming and boring now compared to BF4. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing and it really pays off in multiplayer.
  39. Dec 17, 2013
    I have to be fair and review this game while including all of the crashes and error messages that I've encountered. First off, this is by far the best Battlefield installment yet. The graphics are top notch and really show off just a smidge of what the Playstation 4 is capable of. The environments are fully destructible and some buildings will crumble completely do the ground. It's breathtaking to watch! On some maps, weather can completely change the tide of battle. Storms can blow through with strong winds and rain and can make it sometimes change your visibility. The sounds are very authentic, especially if you change to "wartapes" in the sound options. The controls are top notch and the fun factor is through the roof. With all this being said, the bugs are absolutely horrible! My game crashes about 1 out of every 4 games I play. The crashes are mostly with the Conquest mode. It makes it very frustrating and although I've always been a huge Battlefield fan, I've almost stopped playing entirely on quite a few occasions. The hope is still here that they will fix these issues soon. This is a great game to buy but I would wait a few months until they've fixed all of the issues. Expand
  40. Jan 31, 2014
    dont buy this piece of **** game its **** horrible it is really just battlefield 3 only it looks a little bit better the gun play is horrible, vechicle are way to powerful and way to easy for any stupid noob to use, their is no skill involved at all pretty much just luck because even though you shot first in a gun fight doesnt mean your going to kill them and suppression is the dumbest game mechanic I have ever seen their no put to it being their and honestly EA is going to put battlefield 5 out on the market in 2 years so they are trying to cash in a once great video game series im never buying another battlefield so i can pay 100 dollars for one **** videogame which is a complete cash in of your hard earn money and if i wear stuck on a desert island with battlefield 4 has my one game to play i would chuck it in the ocean that how much i love this game with all my heart. Expand
  41. Nov 17, 2013
    This game was alright I loved the beginning but then it droped when middle and end arrived =/.I don't think that they did there best,they needed more stronger launch games because this and the need for speed where decent others were so so to
  42. Jan 5, 2014
    I honestly can't believe people payed $60 (+$50 for premium) for a broken BF3 downgrade. It's essentially a beta that you pay for. In fact, it's more broken that the beta that was released months ago. Freezing and god awful netcode makes this game unplayable.

Ignore the critics, this game is awful. Spend your money somewhere else. Perhaps on a game that is finished.
  43. Nov 14, 2013
    I have to admit that it is better than cod, but campign suck as hell (again). Why they can not put some great story into that game? I give 2/10 Story and 8/10 for fun in multiplayer.
  44. Nov 20, 2013
    Had a good time playing it, but there was a lot of issues that made the game feel rushed out to meet the console release. One of the big ones was that I could not play conquest. It would just tell me my internet was not working. I could play every other game type though. Also, being a game programmer at a big company, I saw many issues that are easy to fix, that just were not. Connection issues and lag were also an issue, even on my 50mb/s internet.
    Still have not seen some of the major issues with BF, that have been around since last game, fixed.
  45. Nov 20, 2013
    giving this only a 2 because of great graphics, and speed seems to register good. things i hate. mandatory R2 use to fire. you cant change your loadout at menu, you cant pick the map you want, game crashes and corrupts save file every game. this game was shipped completely unfinished lol. why wouldnt they give us custom control mapping by now? yet they have like 7 button layouts that are useless. i dont understand why dice does everything backwards and takes away features. someone working there has to be sabotaging this game because i dont think anyone is this dumb to actually make a game this way. R1 has been the fire button for over 10 years on games. i dont htink i ever saw a game where you couldnt pick the map you wanted to play on. also half the game modes dont work lol. Expand
  46. Nov 26, 2013
    The game is gorgeous, the graphics are fantastic, and the music and scenery are great. I would give this game a much higher score, but the bugs are ridiculous. I've had to force close it regularly, and have lost my campaign save only a few hours in. I can't seriously recommend this game to anyone given it's present incomplete state. EA has some gall asking for a $50 premium subscription for a game they weren't willing to put necessary polish into. Expand
  47. Dec 4, 2013
    This is the first time i do this, but the bugs in this game are unbearable! The game itself is one of my favourite shooters ever, but it just crashes so often, its unplayable at the moment! Stay away from this crap until it gets fixed!
  48. Nov 19, 2013
    This game has a lot of promise and does some awesome new stuff. However, EA is still apparently incapable of running servers consistently to meet the needs of their new release. This happens every time a new Battlefield hits, as well as other games like SimCity. At this point, EA has no excuse in regards to their incapability to understand servers.
  49. Dec 22, 2013
    Look, I love the game, but after two corrupted save files wiping out my campaign save, I just feel cheated. There are some sections of the campaign which are mundane, I don't mind getting through them once, even twice after the first corruption. However I never want to pay those sections again, so will never get the opportunity to complete the campaign.

There is no excuse considering
    how many people hit the same issue, either they knew about it and still pushed it out to make launch day, or they did a rubbish job in QA.

£55 for a beta, that's a joke.

It's a shame as I love the game to bits, but will not be buying another version out of principle.
  50. Jan 28, 2014
    The game is ok. Runs at 45-60fps at 900p (Which looks better in motion than I thought it would admittedly.) but is still not the most visually impressive game on the PS4 by any means.

The real let down of this game is, every time you try the single player the save WILL be deleted when you try to resume the game. A pity because what I have played so far was very entertaining.

The game
    was released unfixed. I waited until the game had been patched to buy it (I bought it in the middle of Jan 14) and there are still major issues. The single player is not worth trying at this point because you will loose the save.

The multi-player is riddled with glitches. You know all those times Battlefield 3 'kinda' glitched occasionally.... well, this one does that all the time (BTW I have the pc version of Battlefield 3). There is constant rubber banding (Even with good ping, and strangely enough, I even seem to encounter it in single player at times???) and you will normally not hit the people you are shooting at. I don't mean you'll miss, I mean that you will hit them, but nothing will happen. The collision boundaries on objects are set up so poor you often get stuck in arbitrary places, for instance you will get stuck on rubble when crawling (Something that happened occasionally in BF3.)

This game is a joke, even after several patches it's still not much more playable than the broken beta they released last year. Not to mention that for now there is only 10vs10 team death match! I like conquest, but sometimes a big TDM hits the spot and I feel cheated as EA were clearly saying that the ps4 and X one had PC 'parity' in terms of player count.

I do not appreciate paying a premium for an unfinished game!
  51. Dec 27, 2013
    I really, really want to like this game. But alas, the single player was short, and began feeling like more and more of a chore as a trudged through it to get weapons for multiplayer, and the multiplayer itself is unreliable in performance. I have really good internet, and it's still laggy as all hell. Texture pop-ins plague the game, and frequent audio cut outs subtract from immersion. Don't get me wrong, when it works, it works, but damn. That's only 20-30% of the time. This game is fun, but until EA and DICE salvage what they can from this abhorrent, unreliable, and all around frustrating mess of something that could be so much more, it is definitely not worth the 60$ asking price, let alone the extra bucks to get Premium. This game was rushed, but I can assure you my review was not. Shame on you, DICE. Shame on you, EA. Expand
  52. Dec 2, 2013
    Do NOT buy this game! In it's current state this game is a mess. Every time I play the campaign the game crashes and corrupts my save. DICE seems to be putting no effort into fixing the issue. When the game works it's great but MP issues and a broken campaign makes me feel like I've been cheated $90 for what I paid for it.
  53. Dec 27, 2013
    Well, I have to say this would of been an 8 or 9 game. The single campaign has a good story with some epic moments and the multiplayer is improved once again to make it even more a thrill ride.

The problem I had is the countless save file corruptions. Twice!! Each time I was almost at the end and it sudden stops, I start it up again and it says that the file is corrupt and it has to be
    overwritten. Absolute waste of time and I know I'm not the only one this has happened to. Shame really... Great game, worth a play through especially if you have a new PS4 to try it out on but man, I find it hard to be likable after it corrupted twice on me. Expand
  54. Jan 8, 2014
    From PS3 to PS4 -
    Okay, the graphics for this game on PS4 look amazing, sadly, that's about it. The game is still broken in every way. I get constant lag for no reason, froze in the load screen several times, and I lost my campaign progression, twice.
    (The second time I didn't really care, the campaign is abysmal anyway. Just skip the entire thing... seriously, don't play it its that
    bad.)
    My advise, wait for the game to be fixed first, then buy it when it actually runs properly. In the state it's in right now, don't buy it.
  55. Dec 2, 2013
    This could have been very awesome. Unfortunately the single player campaign crashes randomly damaging your save file and you have to start over from scratch.
  56. Nov 15, 2013
    Well first of all two words, Amazing Shooter. This game is more realistic than Battlefield 3. Campaign is amazing. The thing I liked about multiplayer is Levolution. This thing is a moment of seeing buildings destroyed. Although I wished that all maps have Levolution. This game is better than COD.
  57. Nov 16, 2013
    Trolls are trying to bring this games user score down but BF4 is definitely one of the best launch games for the PS4. However, you'll just want to rent the game or borrow it from a friend if you only want to check out the campaign, this is a mainly a multiplayer game (this should be known by now though)
  58. Nov 16, 2013
    Great campaign, great multiplayer, astonishing graphics!

I've seen lots of complains about the BF4 single player mode, but those people seem to forget battlefield is all about Multiplayer. And compared to previous battlefields campaigns believe, I played them all), its by far the best! I love the score system and the Hit markers on campaign. It gives a new perspective to the game!

Congratulations DICE, for this digital piece of art
  59. Nov 19, 2013
    This game is barely functional. Saves keep getting corrupted, multiplayer modes are down more than they are up. The little gameplay you are able to experience, between game breaking flaws, does not deserve any praise. Terrible game.
  60. Nov 23, 2013
    This game is broken, much like how BF3 was and still is broken. Despite that, this game is basically Battlefield 3.5 (BF3 with a few touched up graphics) the only differences are the weapons and maps.
    This game is nothing more than a money grab.
  61. Nov 27, 2013
    One of my favorite games before they "fixed it" Nearly unplayable garbage. I approached this game with much optimism, enough at least to hedge almost all of my next generation fun for at least the first few months on this one title. I loved BC2 I loved BF3, but this is a spit in the face from both EA and DICE. In a time where consumers have more of a voice than ever they are choosing to not follow suit and instead shun their fanbase whilst copying their biggest rival and competition. The sad part of this all is the changes made to this game actually make me wish I had gotten COD instead, at least I would have the real thing instead of an expensive knock-off. Expand
  62. Dec 1, 2013
    Game is unplayable and has been since launch. Crashes to dashboard all the time, and no word from EA or Dice regarding the issues. They gave double xp for thanksgiving weekend, yet you cannot even play to benefit from this. Game was unfinished. They also will not accept refunds...so there you go.
  63. Dec 2, 2013
    You will be sorely disappointed when you play this.. The campaign is one big plot hole, and the multiplayer is awful. Everything is preset and your best bet of unlocking it is by buying the premium. Maps are very linear and the weapons are uneven. If you can find a good game to play, chances are you wont be able to stick with it. Only good thing is that everything looks good, but that shouldn't be the selling point of this game. Expand
  64. Dec 6, 2013
    Lots of great additions in this game such as Commander & integration with phone apps but the stability is shocking!
    Lots of bugs hamper gameplay too (1-shot kills, spawn trapping and zero spawn-protection).
    Changing the controls between BF3 & BF4 hasn't enamoured many (I've gotten used to them) but WHY have they changed them again between platforms? (aim/shoot is L1/R1 on PS3 but L2/R2
    on PS4 and it's NOT changeable)
    In 3 months, I'm sure that this game will be great but right now, it's marred.
  65. Dec 12, 2013
    BF4 hits a pretty strong note on the visual side of things(aside from a few awful renditions of what look to be flying fish and sail fish jumping out of water during the campaign). Environments looks great, the crazy level of achievable terrain destruction is very fun to discover.

The BF4 campaign is, for the most part, pretty interesting. Nothing out of the box or mind blowing, but it
    keeps you interested none the less. Problems with game saving though has prevented many people(including myself) from completing the campaign. Personally, I have twice lost the game save(once at about 5 hours in and once at about 2-3) and have heard of others losing their spots up to 6 times. Needless to say this has discouraged me from any more attempts at completing the campaign, at least until a fix has been issued.

The multiplayer is a different animal entirely. As an experienced gamer(and no stranger to the FPS platform) it still took me well over a week to start getting scores marginally better than 1-1 KD ratio. A lot of which had to do with server lag issues. To drive this point home, Ive managed to get kills that look as though I miss by a solid 3 or 4 feet. Dying suddenly to the person who's gun only goes off only once you're waiting to respawn, is a regular thing as well. Spawning has also become messier than it was in the previous instalment. Spawning(then dying) with an enemy laser sight or flashlight already blinding you isn't all that uncommon. I had an enemy spawn close enough to me that I did not have to move to get a knife kill. The stories could go on for days. Another thing that is pretty disappointing is that load-out changes or customizations have to be done in game. This means people who want to simply customize load outs must eat up open server spots to do so. Not to mention if you are 'inactive' to long, you get booted. Other things that should be available with the base game, such as capture the flag mode are not. This has either not been released yet or is only available to premium members at a cost of 49.99$. Either way this seems unacceptable to me as CTF is one of the more popular game modes and my personal favourite. The large 'conquest' sized maps also leave for a lot of 'all or nothing' type scenarios. You're either walking around trying to find people to shoot at for minutes at a time, or are surrounded by so many enemies that it's hard to get yourself established.

All in all, it's an ok shooter that seems to have been a little rushed. Yes fixes and changes will happen but right now, most of the players I know are more likely to end up with their fist through a flat screen than a 'I love BF4' status on Facebook.
  66. Anz
    Dec 14, 2013
    This is what BF3 should have been, but at the moment this is broken and buggy game on ps4. I know they are working to fix everything, but until then I can't realy give good score for this.
  67. Jan 8, 2014
    It's January 8th. Game released 2 months ago servers are laggin and rubber-banding like a mofo, boatload of glitches and technical problems where maps draw from the start 20fps or the sound is missing from everything for good 20-30 seconds Tthat's about it... Good luck playing 4 hour crappy campaign, make sure to do backup save each checkpoint because when game crashes it corrupts it instantly and you need to start all over again Expand
  68. Dec 31, 2013
    Review of multiplayer... Even when the game isn't acting like a beta version there are far too many headscratching moments that will leave you more than a little frustrated. Cannot customize buttons yet! C'mon! I have a strange feeling that the field of view I see is about a yard behind my avatar as is obvious by the fact that I am constantly getting mowed down by people in a room that I have not even entered yet and how completely ineffective the cover I'm hiding behind seems to be. People on your own team are sometimes identified as such AFTER you've killed them (hardcore mode). Bullet pass-through with no damage. Enemy's orientation cannot possibly be true to what you are seeing is I often seem to be killed by enemies that must have guns with 90 degree bends in them. And FYI, I only play in games where it tells me my connection is maxed out, so none of these are due to a slow connection. If you pay attention, the list of balls that were dropped during the making of this game just grows and grows. The initial feeling of "I just need time to get better and improve my k/d ratio or help my team" turns to "I just need to camp all the time and memorize the places the enemy spawns and camp some more." The list of bad far outweighs the good... oh... and to the people that defend a game company that released a game when it was far from a finished product (losing progress, unavailable multiplayer games, major glitches, etc...) I have to ask if you've ever earned your own money or does mommy and daddy buy everything for you? Have you ever managed a project and been held accountable for your results? Stop letting people walk all over you and hold them accountable. It's your right as a consumer.

I will admit, I did spend a lot of time playing this game, which is what has ultimately led to my low score as more and more shortcomings are revealed. So maybe if you can pick it up at a decent price you will get good value out of it, just don't expect the next gen Battlefield experience you were hoping for.
  69. Nov 17, 2013
    The BF4 launch has been a little rocky due to coinciding with the new PS4 launch, but it's expected and playable. We all hope they resolve the multiplayer Conquest issues ASAP. Visual vote: 10 of 10 Single player vote: 7.5 of 10 Multiplayer experience: 9 of 10 (I'm excluding the Conquest issue) New tech/new features: 9 of 10 Removing legacy features such pre-game Squad creation is annoying

PS4's native support to share images, recording, and live twitch streaming is awesome.

-EyeBurn
    Houston, TX
  70. Jul 7, 2014
    Besides the F2P Battlefield games, Battlefield 4 is the worst game of all the Battlefield games.

Let's start with the campaign. The worst AI in any game. There are only 6 levels that take only 10 minutes to complete. So do the calculating and you'll know that the campaign only takes an hour to complete. The most boring experience, too... It's just shooting. You don't get the opportunity
    to get into a vehicle, besides a boat for only half a minute.

Multiplayer. After so many months, still many gamebreaking bugs. Netcode is still a horrible issue, even though DICE said they fixed it/tried to fix it. The game plays horrible because of lag. Also, don't expect any teammates to revive you like they would do in Battlefield 3. That time is over. Nobody revives these days. If these bugs wouldn't be there, this game would've been an 8/10. Now, please, do not buy this game.

-A PS4 player who bought BF4 and BF4 Premium... Worst decision ever, unless it's fixed. But it's EA, so don't expect it.
  71. Jan 23, 2014
    This game is a buggy P.O.S. After my single player saves went corrupt 3 times I lost interest in the campaign. There are countless multiplayer bugs. Once you are in a game you are basically just waiting to crash. Dice needs to fix this game before they focus on the DLC packs.
  72. Jan 26, 2014
    even better than the PS3 version, the PS4 version of bf4 has shorter loads, a higher resolution at 1080p, and better framerate, now at 60 fps. several game modes now have room for more players, i.e. conquest now can have up to 64 players instead of 24. if you bought the last gen version, you can get this version for only $10 which is nice as well. the only real problems i have is that the game sometimes freezes on the load screen, and while less than the last gen version, there is still some texture pop in, as well as the sp, while a bit prettier, still isn't any better than before. Expand
  73. Nov 16, 2013
    A great edition to Battlefield series! Not a perfect singleplayer but good enough to enjoy considering it is from a multiplayer focused game. Looks great and plays great!
  74. Nov 21, 2013
    Here is my rating system for a console multiplayer combat shooters: Special Effects Appropriate to Quality Rating 2 points (1 point for graphics, 1 for sound); Gameplay Mechanics (Game modes, game maps, gear, classes, perks, ect.) 2 points; Team/Clan & Communications Support 2 points; Stability 2 points; Netcode 2 points. How does BF4 on the PS4 rate for me?

Special Effects
    Appropriate to a AAA title: 2/2
    Gameplay Mechanics: 2/2
    Team/Clan & Communications Support: 0/2
    Stability: 0/2
    Netcode: 0/2
    --------------------
    Total 4/10

I bought this game knowing what I was getting into and expecting this exact outcome based on DICE/EA's BF3 release on PS3; only I never thought they could do even worse. Pretty much every bad and mixed review already posted here is correct. If you can't tolerate an incomplete and unstable game that should not be on the retail market right now, then wait another 4-6 months before consideration of this title as it will be much more likely (but not guaranteed) to have improved by then.
  75. Nov 19, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a non-stop, fast paced, extreme gameplay, next gen game! The ps4 version nothing but beautiful and amazing. The campaign is incredible and the graphics are gorgeous one of my favorite games ever made. The MP is much better the. BF3 with much better maps all new modes great competition gameplay and you can now play as china. The guns are fantastic and so realistic as well as the attachments the gadget selection up two with one player like C4 & the grenade launcher is great to give it that raw battlefield experience. I can play next gen bf4 MP for hours without realizing Amazing game Expand
  76. Nov 19, 2013
    Let me first say that single player is a joke as everyone already knew. The real meat of this game is the multiplayer. On PS4 the game is the best looking shooter EVER for a console. Yes, it looks better than Killzone and plays better. With that said, there are still MANY problems with this game that DICE needs to correct soon. Error screens will pop up and you will lose your saved data. When the game plays correctly it's almost breathtaking. The key is when this happens which is about half the time. Snipers and other long range weapons are fun to mess around with but are almost worthless because the aiming was made for a mouse and not an analog stick. This is why DICE included a partial auto-aim to the console version. This is still a PC title but you will get quite a bit of enjoyment from the console version. BTW, screw EA for forcing DICE to rush this title the way they did. The "finished" product was a beta version and now DICE is having to release patches to fix the problems. EA is a leach to the gaming community. /rant If you're into shooters pick this one up. If not, i'd save my money and wait for what PS4 has in store. Expand
  77. Nov 19, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a powerful entry in the multiplayer FPS scene, and improves vastly upon its predecessor. It is somewhat hindered, however, by a alarmingly large number of problems with its online component.

As seems to be the trend with most games in its competitive niche, Battlefield 4 adopts a single-player campaign largely for the purposes of marketing. It's short and provides some
    fairly impressive set pieces, but brings no advancements in narrative and fails to avoid invoking tropes in shooter campaigns that we've seen so many times.

Of course, it's the online multiplayer of Battlefield 4 that comprises the bulk of the game. It's a robust offering, with extremely developed player progression and deep gunplay and vehicle mechanics that outperforms competing games such as Call of Duty in certain respects. While the "Levolution" feature admittedly loses its charm after you've destroyed the same skyscraper for the third or fourth time, and so on, it's a novel element and a sign that the franchise is indeed still innovating. Player and weapon customization has been greatly expanded upon from Battlefield 3, and a real mix of balanced attachments and guns now make the "best" combination for a kit unclear, encouraging diversity. There have been some controversial moves taken with the kits and their respective equipment, but none that have clearly unbalanced the game. The two new game modes, "Obliteration" and "Defuse," seem to be more competitively-focused, and are welcome additions overall, drawing from concepts that Battlefield fans have been asking for.
    Overall, Battlefield 4's gameplay is superb, and would have merited it a 9 or 10 rating from me were it not plagued by certain problems I'll discuss later.

Regarding the PlayStation 4 in particular, the graphical quality of the game is amazing, and Battlefield 4 is easily among the best, if not the best, launch titles in terms of visual aesthetics.

Yes, Battlefield 4 is beautiful, but only when it works. To be blunt, the servers are in terrible condition, and you will often find yourself disconnected mid-game. You may find yourself losing records of stats, kills, stored experience boosts, and so on, with frustrating regularity. Both server-side and client-side patches have been promised to fix these problems, and they can't come soon enough. Speaking candidly, Battlefield 4 is an unfinished product.

One last qualm is with the new "Battlepack" system. EA seems to have placed this in the game as a way to introduce microtransactions into Battlefield 4 similar to Mass Effect 3's, but their purpose seems to have been confused. There's currently no way to purchase them, and yet they come in randomized packs with varying levels of rarity, like a collector's card pack would. The Battlepacks unlock at certain rank intervals, which would be an acceptable system were they not often made inaccessible by the unreliability of the servers.

That's the prevailing issue with Battlefield 4; it's a wonderful game, but only when you're able to play it.
  78. Dec 4, 2013
    This game is crap, I've spent a couple days playing it and have lost my game data twice now. I got an error message saying that my save data is corrupt and needs to be overwritten. I will not continue to play this game, thank God I only rented it.
  79. Jan 6, 2014
    The servers do not work in Quick Match, the Conquest matches were offline the initial 3 weeks, and Origin/EA's customer support unattaching my gamertag to an Origin account that the Xbox One version automatically generated has been non existent after 3 weeks of tickets. The 2 weeks I've been able to play it so far? Lag Lag Lag.

Honestly, this was the year I gave Battlefield 4 a chance
    and I will DEFINITELY never waste my money or my time on another garbage DICE purchase again. Expand
  80. Jan 10, 2014
    Battlefield 4 has fairly fun gameplay, but that is to be expected of the series. Besides graphics, it does not differentiate itself much from the previous Battlefield 3. There is one MAJOR issue: the bugs. My save file was deleted 3 times and the online crashes regularly. Not worth the money in my opinion.
  81. Jan 14, 2014
    When I pre-ordered this game I was expecting the Battlefield Bad Company 2 experience. All this game offered to me was a bland campaign, and laggy multiplayer. Dice failed with this game.
  82. Jan 26, 2014
    By this point, almost all of the bugs are fixed, the netcode has drastically been improved, and weapon balance has been tended to. Yes, everyone, you can play it now. Even on last gen, but PC and next gen are where the meat of the fun is. Hell, its much better then any CoD.
  83. Feb 7, 2014
    This games graphics are almost as good as killzones. It is a fantastic fps. I am not good at this game, I feel the lack of aim assist messes with me. My son and his friends are good at it though. I have heard of so many people having issues with this game but I havent had one.
  84. Feb 20, 2014
    I bought this game along with my PS4 because the reviews were good. The storyline was ok, but when I went to do online, it was crap.

Maps are huge. I don't feel like running 50 miles to find a person to kill. And when I finally got to an opponent, i'd die from a helicopter or tank.

Definitely my last BF game i'm buying.
  85. Mar 2, 2014
    It's not worth $120 thats for sure. I went back to BF3 for a bit, and it is so much better than BF4. They took an amazing game tacked a bunch of crap onto it, gave us some **** rush maps and too many grenades. Comander mode takes all strategic movement out of the game. As someone who played on rush 24/7 servers almost every time i'm very unhappy with my purchase. Got to lvl 20 and just stopped.

The single player game is awful and they force you to play it in order to unlock multiplayer guns.
  86. Mar 24, 2014
    I bought the game. Tried to play it for a few hours and it's just Call Of Duty with larger maps and vehicles...
    Boring and repetitive... I returned it to the store the next day...
  87. Apr 18, 2014
    The game in itself is good, but there are game-breaking aspects that ruin the whole experience.
    Personally I liked the campaign but it was too short and scripted, the only time when you can make a story changing decision is when the campaign ends. Wouldn't recommend buying this game just for the campaign, as it is a waste of money.
    The thing that makes Battlefield a big title is the
    multiplayer. In this specific title I can rarely find it fun. The game is a rage inducing experience due to bugs, horrible design decisions and really bad servers. I didn't have this problems with other Battlefield games.
    I don't recommend this game, you have lots of other options.
  88. Aug 21, 2014
    The damn Story mode doesnt even work WHAT A JOKE ?? ...the multiplayer is OK nothing special smh a disapointment , the hit detection seems horrible how can i hit someone with a sniper round and they simply dont die along with many other weapons NEEDS IMPROVEMENT
  89. Jan 20, 2014
    The campaign is beautiful - great gameplay mechanics, graphics and sound. Multiplayer has over 60 players, which is very impressive (previous game had around 18), but the graphics there is OK. The multiplayer is littered with bugs, however DICE are working on fixing it. Current patches already solved many problems. Recommended.
  90. Mar 5, 2014
    The campaign is very bad. I write anything about that. That's not even to be mentioned value

The multiplayer has too many bugs: Rubberbanding, Netcode Problems, Bad gameplay, Crashes,Framerate problems, Hitbox bugs and many more Problems.

This Premium is a joke for this game. This Game is too buggy to pay money for it.

1/10. Bad Buy
  91. Feb 28, 2014
    I was always a cod player. I won't go into the whole thing now. Just to say I realised I was going through the motions for the last 2-3 years. I haven't truly enjoyed cod since mw2. With this game I get the euphoria and the atmosphere and the feelings I used to get from a FPS. It makes me realise how good games can be . Ignoring the amount of weapons (great guns and mechanics) and the maps and the graphics which are stunning. It is the sheer scope of BF4 that blows me away. From endlessly destructible terrain to the amount of action going on at multiple locations at the same time. Dice aren't afraid to go all in with maps , vehicles and weapons. Ghosts made a huge deal about bringing in ONE new gun in the dlc . They talked about level changing events like a tree falling or a gas station blowing up....that stuff happens casually in bf4 every minute of every game. The DLC that has come out has already given us weapons galore, vehicles and 8 amazing levels. Yes , as you can guess I am a convert. This is the best game I have played in years. Expand
  92. Mar 2, 2014
    only real criticism is the lack of bullet damage. shooting in the face doesnt harm anybody apparently. also if you shoot somebody bout 5 times first they can turn and pop you once and YOU die. pisses me off they didnt learn from BF3 also buggy as ****
  93. Apr 27, 2014
    The game is beautiful graphically that is for sure.. The sound of the guns are awesome. The problem I have with the game is that in campaign mode I get very bored easily and can only pay for maybe 30 minutes at a time before I just can't stand it anymore...This is the same old same old...just with better graphics.. Once you get tired of ohhhing and awing over the graphics you will get bored quick.....
    The multiplayer is fun for awhile, but it too is the same thing we have already seen many times and is becoming very stale to me in my opinion.
    If you are in the middle on what shooter you should buy and your choices are Ghosts or Battlefield 4... Take Battlefield 4, it is a much better game than ghosts, but then again I'm not much of a CoD fan so I might be biased... Truth be told, there is no innovation this time around.. Still a decent shooter..
  94. Nov 23, 2013
    As a long time call of duty gamer and owner of ghosts on ps4, This entry has changed my favorite military shooter choice. There are moments during big matches that occur that no scripted moment could achieve. Imagine putting c4 on a helicopter and taking it to an objective... Jumping out of the helicopter and equipping an rpg as you take out a packed enemy jeep on your way down to a nearby rooftop. The helicopter lands next to an enemy tank and you blow the c4 therefore taking out the tank and nearby building you were on. You fall through the rubble and land behind an enemy sniper as you knife him in the back. Feeling lelke a king among men you turn around just in time to see an enemy jet barreling towards you as it takes you out in a glorious blaze of glory. Stuff like that is rare, but it happens and when it does it reminds me why I'm a gamer. The campaign is short and a little unbelievable but still worth playing for the environments. My only wish was it had some more character customization in multiplayer like uniforms and helmets and whatnot but that's a small complaint for a game that packs so much value. Expand
  95. Jan 25, 2014
    good game but too many snipers, few bugs ( i was shooting at a guy , the he kills me and i see that he still has 100% health,WTF) 64 player is good but crazy , you really need to be watching very 360 degres of angle
  96. Dec 4, 2013
    by far, BF4 is the best retail game on ps4. the multiplayer is intense. 64 player combat in great it truly feels like a war is going on from the beginning of the match to the end. The smaller game modes like domination also feel like call of duty, it's like 2 games in one, awesome and fast paced infantry combat in domination mode, and epic large scale war in conquest. the single player isn't much to talk about, it's fun, but it's short and not really worth replaying.

the only real issues with the game are bugs. lag in conquest hurts it, the game crashes sometimes too. it's gotten a lot better since release but it has a way to go.

8.5 out of 10. since I can't select that I am going 9/10 (rounded up) if you want a next gen shooter, BF4 is it.
  97. Dec 10, 2013
    I have played this game for about 3hrs in multiplayer plus the campaign hours and I gotta say that I have also encountered MANY problems with the multiplayer servers and crashes e.t.c. I really enjoyed the multiplayer in BF3 but in my pinion BF4 just isn't for me. The maps in TDM and the gameplay is more call of duty style, and I like playing Cod Ghosts, but never did I want BF4 to be like a call of duty, specially when it's made more realistic. I love BF3s multiplayer, TDM or domination, but all the cool new features in the 4th go to waste with the server problems and the weird COD style it has, it just doesn't feel right when I play it. I try to like the game but I only endup liking the campaign (no premium for me this year definitely!) Expand
  98. Nov 25, 2013
    Battlefield has been great! I really am enjoying this game, online and single player. I have been a long time COD fan and just can't play it anymore. Ghosts is terrible and the series has been getting worse. So i tried Battlefield 4 out and it has been great, so much more enjoyable with a nice mix of Massive, Medium and Close Quarters combat in their playlists. I would highly recommend this game. Hope this helps you! Expand
  99. Dec 1, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is an amazing game, ten times better than the PS3 version. The MP is incredible with 64 players, the connection problems has been solved and looks very entertaining. This is the only FPS game for the next gen that I recomend. if you have a PS4 you must buy this one.

Graphics 9 Amazing enviroments, climatic changes, ilumination effects
    Gameplay 9 The dualshock 4 is
    highly responsible and comfortable
    Sound 9 Great work, explosions are well recreated.
    MP 9 The most incredible MP ever made with tons of weapons, vehicles.
  100. Nov 21, 2013
    In a word, Awesome. The graphics are amazing, the frame rate is amazing, multiplayer is amazing. I was in an Obliteration game for two and a half hours, that is the definition of epic. The Shanghai map is absolutely amazing when the building falls down and it completely changes the map for the better. Granted the game is not perfect, Conquest is, at the moment, is not working, but should be working by next week according to Dice. The campaign is not the best, but to be honest 99% of your time is spent playing multiplayer anyway. It does have some of the launch title woes, but you come to expect them when your an early adopter of a new console. Expand

1. Apr 16, 2014
    In comparison with the current-gen of consoles, Battlefield 4 is the shooter for the next-gen consoles. The graphics are even more stunning than before and there’s an ability to play with more gamers on the console. Choose the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One-version above the current-gen versions.
  2. The issues aren’t ruinous, and in the case of the multiplayer more an inconvenience that EA needs to address than anything else – but it’s enough to take the shine off what should be one of the best shooters on PS4.
  3. Feb 13, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an excellent multiplayer FPS with wildly varied vehicles and interesting maps. [Jan 2014]