6.9

1. Nov 14, 2013
    Absolutely awesome startup to new ps4. Awesome graphics, awesome multiplayer, great perfomance. The new levolution system works and feels great, especially on flood zone. Ps. 1080р and 60 fps. 10/10.
  2. Apr 11, 2014
    This is the best first person shooter I have ever played! You can drive tanks, jets, jeeps, helicopters, jet ski, etc. You can be a sniper or go with a shotgun, however you like to play a shooter, the game lets you play the way you want to! Most maps are large so you can choose how you want to attack a target, this gives you room to maneuver - charge or retreat. I can play this forThis is the best first person shooter I have ever played! You can drive tanks, jets, jeeps, helicopters, jet ski, etc. You can be a sniper or go with a shotgun, however you like to play a shooter, the game lets you play the way you want to! Most maps are large so you can choose how you want to attack a target, this gives you room to maneuver - charge or retreat. I can play this for hours at a time :) Expand
  3. Jun 11, 2014
    Very good game I have been playing it since it came out, and my first impressions were pretty good. Of course the only problem with it is EA because battlefield was being battlefield (connections and glitches) but overall a good game.
  4. Mar 6, 2014
    Ok, I haven't read one review that DIDN'T say single player was crap. I LOVED the single player! I beat it twice and will probably go back for the remaining trophies after a while. MUCH better than gear of war or some **** like that! Not last of us quality but seriously what are they comparing it too? COD? WAY BETTER than the Ghost campaign (which I also beat and wasn't that badOk, I haven't read one review that DIDN'T say single player was crap. I LOVED the single player! I beat it twice and will probably go back for the remaining trophies after a while. MUCH better than gear of war or some **** like that! Not last of us quality but seriously what are they comparing it too? COD? WAY BETTER than the Ghost campaign (which I also beat and wasn't that bad either) Multiplayer is amazing, what more can I say. People give it a low score because of some tech problems that will be fixed...I NEVER had a problem....I think I couldn't play conquest for a couple weeks maybe...that was it...I've been playing fine for months and having a blast everyday. Next to Awesomenauts, this is my favorite PS4 game. Expand
  5. Mar 27, 2014
    The game is simply awesome. Campaign is short and as for me it was just kind of tutorial for the multi player which this game is all about. BF4 looks great (not really next gen as it's not, but I'm still pleased with it), physics is really good, sound is great too. Multilayer game play on huge maps is astonishing. Infantry and range of vehicles on the ground, boats on the water, planes andThe game is simply awesome. Campaign is short and as for me it was just kind of tutorial for the multi player which this game is all about. BF4 looks great (not really next gen as it's not, but I'm still pleased with it), physics is really good, sound is great too. Multilayer game play on huge maps is astonishing. Infantry and range of vehicles on the ground, boats on the water, planes and helicopters in the sky... With all that after each round maps are left in ruins and filled with craters after explosions.
    Awards system makes game more attractive, as you need to play it to unlock accessories, weapons or vehicles. This causes every player has their own mastered skill set, using different range of weapons and/or vehicles which makes the play more entertaining as you just can't predict what the next round would look like.
    I got this game with PS4 on a release date and it was great choice, I just don't need any other games at the moment. My score is 9/10 due to few minor bugs.
  6. Jan 20, 2015
    Many people say they had problems with the multiplayer, but I didn't and really enjoyed it. Big maps, many different vehicles, and a huge amount of players in each map makes it actually kind of feel like a real battle. The campaign was somewhat short, but wasn't too bad.
  7. Apr 14, 2015
    After a year of fixing the game works way better and is worth buying now, even though the campaign is still terrible, muiltiplayer wise is just way better and a lot of fun.
  8. Feb 28, 2014
    I was always a cod player. I won't go into the whole thing now. Just to say I realised I was going through the motions for the last 2-3 years. I haven't truly enjoyed cod since mw2. With this game I get the euphoria and the atmosphere and the feelings I used to get from a FPS. It makes me realise how good games can be . Ignoring the amount of weapons (great guns and mechanics) and the mapsI was always a cod player. I won't go into the whole thing now. Just to say I realised I was going through the motions for the last 2-3 years. I haven't truly enjoyed cod since mw2. With this game I get the euphoria and the atmosphere and the feelings I used to get from a FPS. It makes me realise how good games can be . Ignoring the amount of weapons (great guns and mechanics) and the maps and the graphics which are stunning. It is the sheer scope of BF4 that blows me away. From endlessly destructible terrain to the amount of action going on at multiple locations at the same time. Dice aren't afraid to go all in with maps , vehicles and weapons. Ghosts made a huge deal about bringing in ONE new gun in the dlc . They talked about level changing events like a tree falling or a gas station blowing up....that stuff happens casually in bf4 every minute of every game. The DLC that has come out has already given us weapons galore, vehicles and 8 amazing levels. Yes , as you can guess I am a convert. This is the best game I have played in years. Expand
  9. Jan 26, 2014
    By this point, almost all of the bugs are fixed, the netcode has drastically been improved, and weapon balance has been tended to. Yes, everyone, you can play it now. Even on last gen, but PC and next gen are where the meat of the fun is. Hell, its much better then any CoD.
  10. Nov 20, 2013
    64 player battles on my new PS4 was the reason I purchased a launch day console. I have yet to experience this 6 days later. On the Friday of launch week I got my console and game and set everything up. Multiplayer was not working right away so I started the campaign.

An hour or two later I started multiplayer with some friends. There is currently no way to group up before entering a battle. You have to join a match and then hope your friends can follow you. If there are no open slots you are out of luck because there is no queue. It has almost been a week now and the multiplayer is severely broken. You can play 10 v 10 deathmatch and domination, but none of the other modes work.

I went back to resume my campaign that I saved and all of my progress has been erased. I am extremely disappointed in DICE and will not purchase another of their games at launch.

The two reasons this game gets 4/10 are the graphics and the feel of combat. When you can play it really is amazing. If they get it fixed I will come and update my review.
  11. Feb 7, 2014
    This games graphics are almost as good as killzones. It is a fantastic fps. I am not good at this game, I feel the lack of aim assist messes with me. My son and his friends are good at it though. I have heard of so many people having issues with this game but I havent had one.
  12. Jan 26, 2014
    even better than the PS3 version, the PS4 version of bf4 has shorter loads, a higher resolution at 1080p, and better framerate, now at 60 fps. several game modes now have room for more players, i.e. conquest now can have up to 64 players instead of 24. if you bought the last gen version, you can get this version for only $10 which is nice as well. the only real problems i have is that theeven better than the PS3 version, the PS4 version of bf4 has shorter loads, a higher resolution at 1080p, and better framerate, now at 60 fps. several game modes now have room for more players, i.e. conquest now can have up to 64 players instead of 24. if you bought the last gen version, you can get this version for only $10 which is nice as well. the only real problems i have is that the game sometimes freezes on the load screen, and while less than the last gen version, there is still some texture pop in, as well as the sp, while a bit prettier, still isn't any better than before. Expand
  13. Mar 6, 2014
    Gigantic map and graphs of the next generation. Being able to compete 32 vs 32 makes the game even closer to a real battle. We clearly see that the game is 1080p . The new system Levolution make the game more realistic. This game clearly deserve a 10 :)
  14. Feb 9, 2014
    Oh god, where do I even begin with the singleplayer? It;s terrible, just like COD. BF and COD both cover up their terrible singleplayer with their multiplayer. But I digress, the multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The gameplay is very nice, and the motion feels smooth, especially when running at 60 FPS in 1080p! **** Xbox One) Huge maps and players. People may complain that it's hard toOh god, where do I even begin with the singleplayer? It;s terrible, just like COD. BF and COD both cover up their terrible singleplayer with their multiplayer. But I digress, the multiplayer is absolutely amazing. The gameplay is very nice, and the motion feels smooth, especially when running at 60 FPS in 1080p! **** Xbox One) Huge maps and players. People may complain that it's hard to get a kill in BF, and that is true. But, if you want a more quick action shooter type, you can get on servers with smaller maps so you can kill someone easier. Loads of different vehicles. The graphics are amazing also, vital for multiplayer nowadays. Singleplayer: Terrible. Multiplayer: I have played it 5 hours straight in one night. Expand
  15. Dec 30, 2013
    Another fantasticc addition to the allready great Battlefield series. Levolution adds so much more to the multiplayer and paired with the fantastic frostbite 3 engine makes this the best FPS multiplayer around. Great Job Dice
  16. Jan 16, 2014
    PS4: 9.5 out of 10 if possible.

Battlefield 4 is by far my favorite of any of the Battlefield games that I've played. The graphics look absolutely incredible, the campaign was okay, and the multiplayer is absolutely incredible. BF4's campaign story was just so-so in my opinion. While the gameplay itself was pretty fun, the story was lacking, and each level ended with a very over
    PS4: 9.5 out of 10 if possible.

BF4's campaign story was just so-so in my opinion. While the gameplay itself was pretty fun, the story was lacking, and each level ended with a very over dramatic cutscene in which the character barely makes it out of a situation alive; these cutscenes occurred so frequently that it was almost unbearable by the time it got to the third mission. One thing I really liked was the scoring aspect they incorporated into the campaign. The scoring definitely made me want to try harder to get head shots and multi-kills, but still didn't quite make up for the mediocre story and the over dramatic cutscenes at the end of each level. Overall, the campaign was just okay and felt lacking in both story voice-acting, but the scoring aspects did make it slightly more enjoyable.

That being said I've never really bought a Battlefield game for the story. As for the multiplayer, this may be one of my favorite online multiplayer experiences EVER. The 32 vs. 32 game types are absolutely insane! There are people and vehicles everywhere and stuff is constantly blowing up or getting gunned down. The maps are absolutely gorgeous and are the perfect size for the amount of players on them and each map is extremely different from the next. This Battlefield has incorporated A LOT more guns in this game then any of its predecessors that allows for literally billions of possible load outs. The leveling system is perfect in my opinion. I never felt as if I got something too soon or should have gotten a particular vehicle attachment or perk sooner. That being said I am constantly unlocking things every level just because there are literally thousands of things to unlock; so while I am unlocking things every game it's never overwhelming or unexpected.

I personally have been very lucky and haven't experienced too many of the bugs and issues that many other players are having. I'll occasionally get kicked out of a game for no reason or have trouble connecting to a server but these occurrences are extremely rarely.

Despite the online bugs and an okay campaign Battlefield 4 is by far one of the best shooters I've ever played and would recommend this game over ANY other Playstation 4 release title, hands down.
  17. Jan 21, 2014
    This is an amazing game. The fact that they can get a 32 vs. 32 player FPS game with the amazing detail they include to work is astounding. This is pretty much the only game on play on my PS4. It offers hours of fast paced action on a plethora of types of maps. You can go from the wide open fights of Golmud Railway, to the confined grenade and PDW fest that is Operation Locker. TheThis is an amazing game. The fact that they can get a 32 vs. 32 player FPS game with the amazing detail they include to work is astounding. This is pretty much the only game on play on my PS4. It offers hours of fast paced action on a plethora of types of maps. You can go from the wide open fights of Golmud Railway, to the confined grenade and PDW fest that is Operation Locker. The battlepacks are a great new feature that keep you wanting to play more and unlock new things. The 2 greatest changes from battlefield 3 to 4 is Levolution and Customization. Levolution and destructible environments are breathtaking and play a huge part in the gameplay and strategy especially on the middle objective of Operation locker and the Tower in Siege of Shanghai. There are an extremely large number of attachments and camoes for weapons and vehicles that really step up from the few choices in BF3. It would be a ten out of ten if it were not for the DLC delays and the bugs in the filters when searching for a server that fits your liking. Premium is also worth it because you get weekly new things, early DLC access and cool new weapons such as knives. The carbon Fiber knife is definitely the best. If you do not have this game, you should go and pick it up and if you can afford it, get premium. I have ghosts, but i never play it when I have BF4 available. Expand
  18. Jan 28, 2014
    Its got a bad rap. The new, next-gen Battlefield is a lot like a pitbull (as strange as that sounds); it has a bad reputation and everyone hears about the problems and bugs, but it is so much more. Sure it has its problems, most of which have been patched, but the gameplay is incredibly fun. Every once and a while it will have a connection issue or a problem inviting a friend, but theseIts got a bad rap. The new, next-gen Battlefield is a lot like a pitbull (as strange as that sounds); it has a bad reputation and everyone hears about the problems and bugs, but it is so much more. Sure it has its problems, most of which have been patched, but the gameplay is incredibly fun. Every once and a while it will have a connection issue or a problem inviting a friend, but these problems only happen once every couple hours. The game is fun, thats what you need to know. The sounds and graphics are amazing; they do not disappoint. People need to give this game a chance, because so far, I haven't run into many problems at all, and i am content with how the game is right now. This game is the best in the series, and deserves a spot in any ps4 library. Expand
  19. Jan 26, 2014
    single player is alittle short but realistic, graphics are above average.
    what sets this game apart from all other games on console is the multiplayer.
    all consuming battles, 64 players per match. like online shooters buy this game!!!!
  20. Jun 29, 2014
    Two things i want to say. People don't get into vehicle by teleporting into them second. In a stinger versus helicopter battle the stinger will always win.
  21. Mar 19, 2015
    I played Battlefield 3 on my 360 and PC for hundreds of hours and I got my hands on BF4 as soon as I could when I got my PS4. (Christmas of 2014) When I played through campaign I was blown away with how good sixty FPS looked on on my TV. However the story was pretty lackluster, typical of an FPS these days. The multiplayer is where this game shines, 64 player combat on the frostbite 3I played Battlefield 3 on my 360 and PC for hundreds of hours and I got my hands on BF4 as soon as I could when I got my PS4. (Christmas of 2014) When I played through campaign I was blown away with how good sixty FPS looked on on my TV. However the story was pretty lackluster, typical of an FPS these days. The multiplayer is where this game shines, 64 player combat on the frostbite 3 engine is fantastic and fun. You will have a hard time finding a better online experience with your friends than this. Expand
  22. Oct 22, 2014
    battlefield 4 is a first-person-shooter based in a modern military setting, firstly i will write a few short sentences for people who cannot read the entire review. The game is very enjoyable in multiplayer however the singleplayer is laughable the multiplayer is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gun mechanics are fantastic and the maps are amazing, in short if you like multiplayerbattlefield 4 is a first-person-shooter based in a modern military setting, firstly i will write a few short sentences for people who cannot read the entire review. The game is very enjoyable in multiplayer however the singleplayer is laughable the multiplayer is amazing, the graphics are beautiful, the gun mechanics are fantastic and the maps are amazing, in short if you like multiplayer games then this is a MUST buy. Ok now for a few warnings, while i have have had no issues with crashes within the game many people who encounter the CE-34878-0 error on other games (like CoD ghosts or resogun for example) you may not even get through the menu screens on this game (if so i recommend getting a replacement console of you have the warranty) but if you have had no such issues with other games (like me) then you should be fine. ok now for the graphics, on ps4 the game runs at 900p, not quite 1080p but the quality of the textures, the 64 player servers, massive maps and 60 fps make up for the small drop in resolution (it still runs higher than the xbox one though, which only runs at 720p). okay now for the gunplay, in short, the gameplay is amazing, however if i explain it further you will see how and why battlefield is truly brilliant, the game offers a large variety of weaponry, the controls are perfect, the vehicles are amazing, the level up system is brilliant, the weapons feel weighty and realistic (they sound terrific as-well) and there are many other things about the gameplay i could praise but i really don't have the time. Okay, last but not least, the maps, the maps are the best i have seen in any game (ever, not just on ps4) there are large maps, small maps, smaller versions of the larger conquest maps shrunk down to fit smaller team death-match games perfectly and all of them are brilliant, hell, one map even has a giant skyscraper that gets constantly attacked by each team while attempting to capture it and use it almost like a hub to jump from and parachute down to all other flags on the map, and if it gets hit enough by helicopter missiles, rocket launchers planes, ect. it can actually collapse! in conclusion the game is amazing (not perfect, far from it) and it is in my opinion the best ps4 game currently available. Expand
  23. Dec 6, 2014
    This game is amazing and is completely action packed. The single player is a bit short but the multiplayer is simply amazing. The story line is a bit weak. But the multiplayer is worth the money!
  24. Dec 28, 2014
    One year after its release it remains broken. I've lost my sp progress 3 times already... but the mp works really well and it's awesome!! So if you don't care about the sp gibe it a shot
  25. Nov 18, 2013
    This is my first time playing a battlefield game after playing COD in the past. There's no comparison, this game is COD on steroids. Playing COD is underwhelming and boring now compared to BF4. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing and it really pays off in multiplayer.
  26. Nov 15, 2013
    Well first of all two words, Amazing Shooter. This game is more realistic than Battlefield 3. Campaign is amazing. The thing I liked about multiplayer is Levolution. This thing is a moment of seeing buildings destroyed. Although I wished that all maps have Levolution. This game is better than COD.
  27. Nov 16, 2013
    Trolls are trying to bring this games user score down but BF4 is definitely one of the best launch games for the PS4. However, you'll just want to rent the game or borrow it from a friend if you only want to check out the campaign, this is a mainly a multiplayer game (this should be known by now though)
  28. Nov 24, 2013
    If you're an FPS fan and have a PS4, this is pretty much a required purchase in my opinion. It's one of the highest rated PS4 launch titles and it's just totally amazing. The graphics run in hi-rez at 60 fps with the very new Frostbite 3 engine, so it just looks fantastic. But the biggest improvement is in its Domination mode, which I can't stop playing. Domination feels like what CallIf you're an FPS fan and have a PS4, this is pretty much a required purchase in my opinion. It's one of the highest rated PS4 launch titles and it's just totally amazing. The graphics run in hi-rez at 60 fps with the very new Frostbite 3 engine, so it just looks fantastic. But the biggest improvement is in its Domination mode, which I can't stop playing. Domination feels like what Call of Duty would have evolved into close quarters fighting that looks and feels just incredible a huge improvement over BF3. The weapons look and feel awesome, the levelling system feels just right, I can't recommend a game more highly in my opinion, this is 2013 gaming at its best. Expand
  29. Nov 15, 2013
    single player: too short. not satisfying enough, mostly it sounds like a little showcase for the engine. i enjoyed the different settings and the shooting but generally it does not have much to offer. story is a "meh" and worst of all is that the characters were supposed to be like emotional and cool and engaging but they are nothing but everyday heroes! dunt exoect too much
    graphics:
    graphics: well....its just awesome! i am actually impressed how close ps4 is to the PC version, 900p is not bad and it does seems like a 1080p. frame rate is consistent and it rarely goes bellow 40. overall graphics are a reall next gen, the areas are vast and destructable but textures and lightings are so good. some of the textures are a little bit washed out compare to pc but it is not easy to spot. i dont really expect dice to manage to bring their engine really optimised on consoles for now though.
    multi: its just the best. 64 players, frame rate about 40-60. awesome graphics and vast maps. dynamic maps. cool mods and pretty much everything is cool. i like the deep costumization and the commander mode as well. this game can keep you busy for few months easily actually and i strongly recommend it to every ps4 owner as i kniw they will enjoy the multiplayer especially if they never had chance to play on PC.
  30. Dec 27, 2013
    I really, really want to like this game. But alas, the single player was short, and began feeling like more and more of a chore as a trudged through it to get weapons for multiplayer, and the multiplayer itself is unreliable in performance. I have really good internet, and it's still laggy as all hell. Texture pop-ins plague the game, and frequent audio cut outs subtract from immersion.I really, really want to like this game. But alas, the single player was short, and began feeling like more and more of a chore as a trudged through it to get weapons for multiplayer, and the multiplayer itself is unreliable in performance. I have really good internet, and it's still laggy as all hell. Texture pop-ins plague the game, and frequent audio cut outs subtract from immersion. Don't get me wrong, when it works, it works, but damn. That's only 20-30% of the time. This game is fun, but until EA and DICE salvage what they can from this abhorrent, unreliable, and all around frustrating mess of something that could be so much more, it is definitely not worth the 60$ asking price, let alone the extra bucks to get Premium. This game was rushed, but I can assure you my review was not. Shame on you, DICE. Shame on you, EA. Expand
  31. Nov 17, 2013
    This game was alright I loved the beginning but then it droped when middle and end arrived =/.I don't think that they did there best,they needed more stronger launch games because this and the need for speed where decent others were so so to
  32. Nov 16, 2013
    Great campaign, great multiplayer, astonishing graphics!

I've seen lots of complains about the BF4 single player mode, but those people seem to forget battlefield is all about Multiplayer. And compared to previous battlefields campaigns believe, I played them all), its by far the best! I love the score system and the Hit markers on campaign. It gives a new perspective to the game!
    Great campaign, great multiplayer, astonishing graphics!

Congratulations DICE, for this digital piece of art
  33. Jan 20, 2014
    The campaign is beautiful - great gameplay mechanics, graphics and sound. Multiplayer has over 60 players, which is very impressive (previous game had around 18), but the graphics there is OK. The multiplayer is littered with bugs, however DICE are working on fixing it. Current patches already solved many problems. Recommended.
  34. Jan 25, 2014
    good game but too many snipers, few bugs ( i was shooting at a guy , the he kills me and i see that he still has 100% health,WTF) 64 player is good but crazy , you really need to be watching very 360 degres of angle
  35. Jan 20, 2014
    The first thing I do when looking for a game to purchase, is to search for one which has a good single player story campaign. But what I did first was to try out the multiplayer and I can say I have hooked ever since. I haven't even touched the single player campaign yet, which means that Dice has done an incredible job of keeping the multiplayer fresh and unique with the huge amount ofThe first thing I do when looking for a game to purchase, is to search for one which has a good single player story campaign. But what I did first was to try out the multiplayer and I can say I have hooked ever since. I haven't even touched the single player campaign yet, which means that Dice has done an incredible job of keeping the multiplayer fresh and unique with the huge amount of players involved. Expand
  36. Dec 30, 2013
    I have not had any of the troubles many of the reviewers have had with bugs. I bought the game just after Christmas (so its obviously had some time to get things sorted out) and have no complaints whatsoever. As far as the gameplay, I enjoy BF4 much much much more than BF3 so far. Movements, gun balance, map scale/destructibility, graphics, everything has been upgraded in my opinion. I wasI have not had any of the troubles many of the reviewers have had with bugs. I bought the game just after Christmas (so its obviously had some time to get things sorted out) and have no complaints whatsoever. As far as the gameplay, I enjoy BF4 much much much more than BF3 so far. Movements, gun balance, map scale/destructibility, graphics, everything has been upgraded in my opinion. I was a huge fan of Bad Company 2 but was very disappointed in BF3. As such, I was a little skeptical of buying this game, but have no regrets! Also like that the PS4 can handle the 64 player game modes without any issues. I think people who buy this game going forward, and never experience frustrating bugs, will really enjoy it. Expand
  37. Dec 22, 2013
    Wow! What a fun game! I'm writing about muliplayer since I have not touched the campaign (and I propably won't). The game is awesome! It takes some time to get used to the dynamic of it but after couple rounds it holds you in front of your tv screen. The maps are the best part of it, it's a huuuuge improvement since BF3. Level design is at the top level. Lot's of weapons to choose from andWow! What a fun game! I'm writing about muliplayer since I have not touched the campaign (and I propably won't). The game is awesome! It takes some time to get used to the dynamic of it but after couple rounds it holds you in front of your tv screen. The maps are the best part of it, it's a huuuuge improvement since BF3. Level design is at the top level. Lot's of weapons to choose from and every can be modified. He spawning is a little bugby but since you select on where to spawn it always feels like it's your fault not the game. I have not experienced any problems from Orgin of PSN. Expand
  38. Dec 9, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a blockbuster game made by EA and DICE. It uses the Frostbite 3 engine and has stunning graphics. I got the PS4 on the day of launch and I have got COD Ghosts and BF4. I have completed both the single players and BF4's is better in my opinion. The saddest part has got to be Pac's death. I liked Pac. He was one of the only characters I could connect with. Apart from thatBattlefield 4 is a blockbuster game made by EA and DICE. It uses the Frostbite 3 engine and has stunning graphics. I got the PS4 on the day of launch and I have got COD Ghosts and BF4. I have completed both the single players and BF4's is better in my opinion. The saddest part has got to be Pac's death. I liked Pac. He was one of the only characters I could connect with. Apart from that BF4 is a great game for destruction. The is a lot of it to. I have crush many people but running round a house with C4 and then blowing it up. The roof would collapse and kill them. As I said really good at disruption. There has been one or 2 bugs. EG I had to do a whole mission again becuase my battlefield crashed, but that's okay becuase the gameplay makes up for it. Apart from that it's just a muderfest and that is always fun!

The multiplayer is a masterpiece on the PS4. It does have some lag issues but it is generally really really good. My favoraite Map is ether Segie of Sanghi or Parasol Storm. All the maps are great except for one. Goldman Railway on conquest is a bloody nightmare. All my games on that map was just me running back and forth. My best score was 792. Yeah not good. The 64 player server are great to! There are a few issues but again it makes up for that by the gameplay. They have fixed the leveling system. Now you can get to Lv15 in 4 hours. In BF3 it took round about 10-20 if your a newbie. (Not a newbie, K/D on BattleLog is 4.28.) Now there is something called BattleLog which is a vw thing to see your stats and stuff blah blah blah but the bottom for it is on the touchpad. This is really annoying and you can't remind it ether. I have been in the middle of a fight then opened it accidently so many times.

Oh well.

Overall
    -Substanded Singleplayer
    -Beautiful multiplayer
    -Frostbite 3
    -Beautiful Graphics
    Score 94/100
  39. Dec 27, 2013
    Very fun and chaotic multiplayer especially in massive gamemodes. My only problem with multiplayer is the slight lag im getting at times but it does very little to ruin my experience. This definitely isn't the game to get if you're looking for a story although the single player does give a great tutorial if you haven't played a Battlefield game before. Battlefield 4 also has graphics thatVery fun and chaotic multiplayer especially in massive gamemodes. My only problem with multiplayer is the slight lag im getting at times but it does very little to ruin my experience. This definitely isn't the game to get if you're looking for a story although the single player does give a great tutorial if you haven't played a Battlefield game before. Battlefield 4 also has graphics that make this game look downright beautiful. Expand
  40. Jan 22, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is the pinnacle of the series. EA took everything they have learned from the previous games and used it to perfect this one. The story is thrilling and captivated me throughout the game. But the real gem of the battlefield series is the multilayer. It takes a bit of patience at first but one you get the hang of the game types it's amazing. My friends and I play as a teamBattlefield 4 is the pinnacle of the series. EA took everything they have learned from the previous games and used it to perfect this one. The story is thrilling and captivated me throughout the game. But the real gem of the battlefield series is the multilayer. It takes a bit of patience at first but one you get the hang of the game types it's amazing. My friends and I play as a team regularly.

On another note. The game has it's bugs due to EA rushing it out early. With each update it gets better but it's not entirely fixed. EA is working on it currently and hopefully they will finish it soon.
  41. Mar 7, 2014
    Battlefield 4 was always going to be met with high expectations, but i feel it has really delivered. I first played on ps3 and found the game to be a solid upgrade on BF3, then following its launch i upgraded to ps4 and the difference was certainly apparent,better graphics, bigger maps and a huge number of players all contributed to making the game the best yet on the new genoration ofBattlefield 4 was always going to be met with high expectations, but i feel it has really delivered. I first played on ps3 and found the game to be a solid upgrade on BF3, then following its launch i upgraded to ps4 and the difference was certainly apparent,better graphics, bigger maps and a huge number of players all contributed to making the game the best yet on the new genoration of consoles. The multiplayer is again the key focus of the game with the campaign only serving as a short but entertaing side show. The multiplayer also needs alot of bandwidth to work effectively, if your provider is not up to the job you will like I, experience lag and occasionally be booted.
    Overall a great game, easly the best yet on ps4 and xbox1 well worth the money!
  42. Nov 19, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is a non-stop, fast paced, extreme gameplay, next gen game! The ps4 version nothing but beautiful and amazing. The campaign is incredible and the graphics are gorgeous one of my favorite games ever made. The MP is much better the. BF3 with much better maps all new modes great competition gameplay and you can now play as china. The guns are fantastic and so realistic as wellBattlefield 4 is a non-stop, fast paced, extreme gameplay, next gen game! The ps4 version nothing but beautiful and amazing. The campaign is incredible and the graphics are gorgeous one of my favorite games ever made. The MP is much better the. BF3 with much better maps all new modes great competition gameplay and you can now play as china. The guns are fantastic and so realistic as well as the attachments the gadget selection up two with one player like C4 & the grenade launcher is great to give it that raw battlefield experience. I can play next gen bf4 MP for hours without realizing Amazing game Expand
  43. Nov 17, 2013
    The BF4 launch has been a little rocky due to coinciding with the new PS4 launch, but it's expected and playable. We all hope they resolve the multiplayer Conquest issues ASAP.

Visual vote: 10 of 10 Single player vote: 7.5 of 10 Multiplayer experience: 9 of 10 (I'm excluding the Conquest issue) New tech/new features: 9 of 10 Removing legacy features such pre-game Squad creation is

Visual vote: 10 of 10
    Single player vote: 7.5 of 10
    Multiplayer experience: 9 of 10 (I'm excluding the Conquest issue)
    New tech/new features: 9 of 10
    Removing legacy features such pre-game Squad creation is annoying

PS4's native support to share images, recording, and live twitch streaming is awesome.

-EyeBurn
    Houston, TX
  44. Nov 25, 2013
    Battlefield has been great! I really am enjoying this game, online and single player. I have been a long time COD fan and just can't play it anymore. Ghosts is terrible and the series has been getting worse. So i tried Battlefield 4 out and it has been great, so much more enjoyable with a nice mix of Massive, Medium and Close Quarters combat in their playlists. I would highly recommendBattlefield has been great! I really am enjoying this game, online and single player. I have been a long time COD fan and just can't play it anymore. Ghosts is terrible and the series has been getting worse. So i tried Battlefield 4 out and it has been great, so much more enjoyable with a nice mix of Massive, Medium and Close Quarters combat in their playlists. I would highly recommend this game. Hope this helps you! Expand
  45. Nov 21, 2013
    In a word, Awesome. The graphics are amazing, the frame rate is amazing, multiplayer is amazing. I was in an Obliteration game for two and a half hours, that is the definition of epic. The Shanghai map is absolutely amazing when the building falls down and it completely changes the map for the better. Granted the game is not perfect, Conquest is, at the moment, is not working, but shouldIn a word, Awesome. The graphics are amazing, the frame rate is amazing, multiplayer is amazing. I was in an Obliteration game for two and a half hours, that is the definition of epic. The Shanghai map is absolutely amazing when the building falls down and it completely changes the map for the better. Granted the game is not perfect, Conquest is, at the moment, is not working, but should be working by next week according to Dice. The campaign is not the best, but to be honest 99% of your time is spent playing multiplayer anyway. It does have some of the launch title woes, but you come to expect them when your an early adopter of a new console. Expand
  46. Dec 29, 2013
    Campaign is decent and the collectibles are actually easy and fun to collect as much as there are but the game really counts for the Multiplayer, the online part of this game is amazing, Massive 64 people battles with amazing graphics on the PS4.

I recommend this to anyone who likes FPS.
  47. Nov 22, 2013
    Wow, battlefield 4 has proved to be an excellent buy. The ps4 boasts amazing graphics, and the gameplay is very smooth, I love everything new they have done with this game. This game is developed with the main concern being multiplayer. this has been obvious since the last couple of BF installments, which is why the campaign is lacking. the campaigns have never been that good with BF, andWow, battlefield 4 has proved to be an excellent buy. The ps4 boasts amazing graphics, and the gameplay is very smooth, I love everything new they have done with this game. This game is developed with the main concern being multiplayer. this has been obvious since the last couple of BF installments, which is why the campaign is lacking. the campaigns have never been that good with BF, and probably will never be that great. People buy this game for its multiplayer, if you don't game online, you most likely will not like BF4, but if you are a call of duty fan boy who has finally given up on call of duty (as you should have a long time ago) i assure you going to BF 4 will be a nice breath of fresh air for you! Expand
  48. Nov 27, 2013
    After reading about all of the issues people were having with the game after launch, I figured I would wait until they released a patch to rectify those game breaking problems before I decided to jump into Battlefield 4. Boy was I glad my local GameStop got a pre-owned copy in. I've been blown away by this game since the opening sequence. Absolutely amazing graphics, entertaining campaign,After reading about all of the issues people were having with the game after launch, I figured I would wait until they released a patch to rectify those game breaking problems before I decided to jump into Battlefield 4. Boy was I glad my local GameStop got a pre-owned copy in. I've been blown away by this game since the opening sequence. Absolutely amazing graphics, entertaining campaign, and hands down, one of the best online multiplayer FPS's currently. The Frostbite 3 engine works like a charm, the Levolution system is a blast, no pun intended, and the amount of customization and weapons is so much better than Ghosts. The only reason why I gave this a 9 is because randomly after a while of playing online, the audio cuts in and out and can be a little bothersome. Hopefully they patch that soon but otherwise, if you're looking to experience the PS4's potential and wanting to satisfy your competitive side online, look no further than Battlefield 4. Expand
  49. Dec 2, 2013
    This is my first time playing a battlefield game after playing Call Of duty in the past. There's no comparison, this game is like all the call of duty's on steroids. Playing Call of duty is underwhelming and boring now compared to BF4. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing and it really pays off in multiplayer. i half to rate this a 10.
  50. Dec 5, 2013
    After watching my roommate play COD, there really is no comparison. This game rocks, and is my fav so far in the franchise. Like many others I was more than a little miffed with all the bugs which all but made the game unplayable for the first few weeks. Today is Dec 6th and I still got kicked right out of the game twice in a 2hr session.... not cool EA/Dice. Even with all theAfter watching my roommate play COD, there really is no comparison. This game rocks, and is my fav so far in the franchise. Like many others I was more than a little miffed with all the bugs which all but made the game unplayable for the first few weeks. Today is Dec 6th and I still got kicked right out of the game twice in a 2hr session.... not cool EA/Dice. Even with all the problems, I'm still thrilled with the gameplay/graphics. Expand
  51. Nov 16, 2013
    A great edition to Battlefield series! Not a perfect singleplayer but good enough to enjoy considering it is from a multiplayer focused game. Looks great and plays great!
  52. Dec 4, 2013
    by far, BF4 is the best retail game on ps4.

the multiplayer is intense. 64 player combat in great it truly feels like a war is going on from the beginning of the match to the end. The smaller game modes like domination also feel like call of duty, it's like 2 games in one, awesome and fast paced infantry combat in domination mode, and epic large scale war in conquest. the single
    by far, BF4 is the best retail game on ps4.

the single player isn't much to talk about, it's fun, but it's short and not really worth replaying.

the only real issues with the game are bugs. lag in conquest hurts it, the game crashes sometimes too. it's gotten a lot better since release but it has a way to go.

8.5 out of 10. since I can't select that I am going 9/10 (rounded up) if you want a next gen shooter, BF4 is it.
  53. Nov 23, 2013
    As a long time call of duty gamer and owner of ghosts on ps4, This entry has changed my favorite military shooter choice. There are moments during big matches that occur that no scripted moment could achieve. Imagine putting c4 on a helicopter and taking it to an objective... Jumping out of the helicopter and equipping an rpg as you take out a packed enemy jeep on your way down to aAs a long time call of duty gamer and owner of ghosts on ps4, This entry has changed my favorite military shooter choice. There are moments during big matches that occur that no scripted moment could achieve. Imagine putting c4 on a helicopter and taking it to an objective... Jumping out of the helicopter and equipping an rpg as you take out a packed enemy jeep on your way down to a nearby rooftop. The helicopter lands next to an enemy tank and you blow the c4 therefore taking out the tank and nearby building you were on. You fall through the rubble and land behind an enemy sniper as you knife him in the back. Feeling lelke a king among men you turn around just in time to see an enemy jet barreling towards you as it takes you out in a glorious blaze of glory. Stuff like that is rare, but it happens and when it does it reminds me why I'm a gamer. The campaign is short and a little unbelievable but still worth playing for the environments. My only wish was it had some more character customization in multiplayer like uniforms and helmets and whatnot but that's a small complaint for a game that packs so much value. Expand
  54. Dec 1, 2013
    Battlefield 4 is an amazing game, ten times better than the PS3 version. The MP is incredible with 64 players, the connection problems has been solved and looks very entertaining. This is the only FPS game for the next gen that I recomend. if you have a PS4 you must buy this one.

Graphics 9 Amazing enviroments, climatic changes, ilumination effects Gameplay 9 The dualshock 4 is

Graphics 9 Amazing enviroments, climatic changes, ilumination effects
    Gameplay 9 The dualshock 4 is highly responsible and comfortable
    Sound 9 Great work, explosions are well recreated.
    MP 9 The most incredible MP ever made with tons of weapons, vehicles.
  55. Dec 9, 2013
    Probably the best online multiplayer game I have played on any console in YEARS! The graphics are true next gen and the frame rate is a solid 60 even during the most hectic battles. The one bad thing I don't like about BF4 is the lack of a squad lobby before you go searching for games. If you have a few friends who also play BF4 its hard to join the same server and be on the same teamProbably the best online multiplayer game I have played on any console in YEARS! The graphics are true next gen and the frame rate is a solid 60 even during the most hectic battles. The one bad thing I don't like about BF4 is the lack of a squad lobby before you go searching for games. If you have a few friends who also play BF4 its hard to join the same server and be on the same team without having to navigate through the menus in search for the switch team button. This is especially more frustrating when you are playing squad deathmatch, you either join teams that only have a few openings, meaning half of your friends or on the opposing team. Its hard to have all your friends in one team and that's down to the lack of a squad setup before you go into battle. BF3 had it, and for some unknown reason EA decided to remove it. EA in my books pulled a Microsoft, if it's not broken then its worth fixing!

Bottom line, if you want a true next ten title, BF4 is that game.
  56. Nov 21, 2013
    The single payer campaign is unplayable. On multiplayer I can only connect on Defuse, Domination, and both Deathmatch modes... and only once on Obliteration. But, even with limited MP gameplay available, I give it a 10. The game is that good... utterly blows away every other MP I've ever sucked at. A beautiful game!
  57. Nov 17, 2013
    Gameplay in campaign mode is smooth but the story could have been improved upon. Presentation has taken a huge step forward in both detail and overall realistic look compared to BF3 and Gen 3 BF4. Online has been the greatest pleasure thus far with great maps and with more players in each round creates a lot more action. One big issue I have run into is the game freezing randomly orGameplay in campaign mode is smooth but the story could have been improved upon. Presentation has taken a huge step forward in both detail and overall realistic look compared to BF3 and Gen 3 BF4. Online has been the greatest pleasure thus far with great maps and with more players in each round creates a lot more action. One big issue I have run into is the game freezing randomly or stopping due to an error in which you have to restart your game and I've had this problem more than once and in both campaign and online play. Overall a great game and one Id recommend and fan of shooters to have. Expand
  58. Dec 19, 2013
    Best shooter of allBest shooter of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
  59. Nov 25, 2013
    This game is a true next gen game unlike call of duty ghost, dice actually put a lot of hard work into this game. This game bring a epicness with Frostbite 3, levoulution and the 64 players. There are 4 classes which is Assult/Medic= Heals your team, Engineer= Helps you take at heavy armor, Support= Provide ammo and fire power and lastly Recon= The sniper class.
    The campaign is a huge
    The campaign is a huge aprovement from bf3 campaign which was decent.
    Ignore those cod haters, they just don't want this game to get a good score.
  60. Nov 16, 2013
    I don't really know why the user score is low haha. Has a great physics engine as well as an amazing dynamic map system! Can't wait for the expansions and it has a great selection of weapons!
  61. Jan 29, 2014
    More of the same from BF3? Yes and no. firstly i would like to address coming from PS3 - PS4 is a jaw dropping experience. (Yes PC is way ahead) graphics and the 64 players is unbelievable on a console level.

Definitely everyone knows about the problems and issues still unresolved. But generally i'm still able to crash thru many maps/rounds of mp with loads of fun and explosive actions. Its ironically Fun when its still "broken" in certain ways.

i really hope DICE will step up over EA and FIX/DEFINE the game what it has intended to be!
    Time 4 Battle!
  62. Dec 17, 2013
    at the moment very frustrating on PS4.. many bugs and glitches... hopefulle it will be sorted out soon enough...

having invested alot of time in BF3 BF4 does not really offer a step-up, but rather moere of the same with greater variety of weapons and gadgets, etc....

Would love a move back to WWII settings to break the cycle of modern warfare in all FPS at the moment...
  63. Sep 14, 2015
    What can I say about Battlefield 4 other than it is just fantastic. I've played countless hours of multiplayer as well as single player and it is one of the best FPS out there. While it did have major bugs on release these fixes have been well and truly fixed and all future DLC will be free.

Positives: +Fantastic shooting gameplay as always within all the multiplayer modes and single

Positives:
    +Fantastic shooting gameplay as always within all the multiplayer modes and single player campaign.

+Much better designed maps than BF3. I thought some of the maps on BF3 were unbalance(Operation Metro) but the design in BF4 maps is much more open and balanced in terms of positional advantage.

+Multiplayer never fails to entertain for hours if you're interested in that which is about 75% of this game.

+The sound engineering is exquisite as always

+Beautiful looking game with the new Frostbite engine

Negatives:

-Sniping has become unbalanced with more and more players choosing to be snipers. Its slowly turning into COD on a bigger scale.

-The physics in terms of the environment is incredibly inconsistent. The jumping over obstacles is random with the player not jumping over small bits of rocks, railings, building materials and even blown up vehicle parts. Vehicles can too easily get stuck behind environmental objects in which it shouldn't be affected as much as it does.

-Single Campaign is as poor as ever. I know people dont buy BF4 for the campaign but they could at least give a good effort. Seems like the concept was written up in about 5 mins.

-Even though it has fixed the bugs it was still a terrible decision to release this game in an unfinished state. We can never let EA forget that.

Overall about an 8.8 rounded to a 9 for Metacritic.
  64. Apr 1, 2014
    It really is tons of great fun! Even the multiplayer is badass! They know the true feeling to make it feel like war! The walls can be blown up!
    Singelplayer is a action movie game!
  65. Dec 30, 2013
    This game is not as "unplayable" as people are claiming it to be. Sure it's frustrating having a crash every once in a while but it won't make the experience a pain to go through. Lets start off with the campaign. It's decent but overall nothing spectacular due to too many shooting segments and boring cut-scenes. The multiplayer is of course where this game shines. The online is no whereThis game is not as "unplayable" as people are claiming it to be. Sure it's frustrating having a crash every once in a while but it won't make the experience a pain to go through. Lets start off with the campaign. It's decent but overall nothing spectacular due to too many shooting segments and boring cut-scenes. The multiplayer is of course where this game shines. The online is no where near as shallow as the boring and plain Battlefield 3 (my opinion) so you get to have fun on many modes and the fantastic maps this game is offering. Overall this game is better than BF3 in my opinion but not as good as BFBC2. 8/10. Expand
  66. Jan 10, 2014
    Best ps4 game available, get it, love it, play it. What more can I say to pad out this review, how about if you don't love this game you are a cissy little girl and shouldn't be allowed near daddy's game console ever again.
  67. Dec 26, 2013
    A very entertaining shooter in both single player and multi-player, a shame co-op is missing but it was never a necessary addition anyway. will likely continue to play until BF5 comes out or some other shooter manages to beat it.
  68. Dec 22, 2013
    The people that wrote negative reviews should come back and revamp them. The game is still not 100% but it is much much better then release day. Since the last patch I have only crashed the game 2 times, which is great compared to the 2 or 3 times an hour I would crash before.

Overall I think this game is much better then BF3. Looking forward to the expansions and playing some more!
  69. Jan 21, 2014
    Best game on PS4 so far, hands down, played it for over 500 hours and it's still fun. I don't know why some trolls are trying to score it down, it is the best shooter I've played on a console.
  70. Dec 2, 2013
    Some perks and negatives a few key ones to mention
    Perks
    1. Being able to accept a revive or not 2. A warning sign appearing on your squadmate before you spawn 3. The weapons customization screen is much neater and improved 4. Levolution is a great concept and it works Negatives 1. some serious bugs (for example lost my single player save file) 2. No co op missions 3. premium
    Some perks and negatives a few key ones to mention
    Perks
    1. Being able to accept a revive or not
    2. A warning sign appearing on your squadmate before you spawn
    3. The weapons customization screen is much neater and improved
    4. Levolution is a great concept and it works

Negatives
    1. some serious bugs (for example lost my single player save file)
    2. No co op missions
    3. premium (again)
    4. why wasn't there text speak put in like PC?
  71. Nov 30, 2013
    Great game, Great graphics, nothing new though. This game is very good and the benefit of the PS4 game is that you can play it on the VITA via remote play and it works perfectly. Campaign is good, Multiplayer is the high standard you'd expect and let's face it, if you've played a battlefield game before, you're gonna buy it.
    Is it better than the Xbox One version? probably not, even with
    Is it better than the Xbox One version? probably not, even with the 720 1080 business, it's negligible.
    I've given it an extra point for the PS4 remote play. 8.
  72. Nov 17, 2013
    Great game, this is a true next gen experience. Battlefield's graphics on PS4s hardware will blow you away, looks just like a top notch gaming PC graphics. The gameplay is very smooth and there's more customization than the previous installments. Everything is also very well balanced and there's not really any OP/Nerfed weapons or vehicles. Levolution makes this the best battlefield yetGreat game, this is a true next gen experience. Battlefield's graphics on PS4s hardware will blow you away, looks just like a top notch gaming PC graphics. The gameplay is very smooth and there's more customization than the previous installments. Everything is also very well balanced and there's not really any OP/Nerfed weapons or vehicles. Levolution makes this the best battlefield yet and the environments feel so alive.

Despite having a top-notch Multiplayer experience, the Single player still hasn't sold me. It had plenty of potential but couldn't live up to it. It does a bad job of making me really actually care for the characters. I understood how the characters cared for each other but it was hard for me to get that feeling. It's also very short, gets repetitive and gets stale pretty fast. Spec Ops the Line and some early Call of Duty titles proves that you can have a great Campaign, but battlefield has yet to live up to that mark.

This is a multiplayer based game so I can only knock off one point for the poor Single player, but man does that Multiplayer deliver.
  73. Nov 25, 2013
    If you are going to get one game at launch make it this one. It is a gorgeous game and the shooting and movement are really improved on from BF3. I actually really like the campaign. It isn't a out of control wild campaign but it does have a good amount of awesome explosive moments. The maps are all really cool and most of them have an environmental aspect that can change the game. ForIf you are going to get one game at launch make it this one. It is a gorgeous game and the shooting and movement are really improved on from BF3. I actually really like the campaign. It isn't a out of control wild campaign but it does have a good amount of awesome explosive moments. The maps are all really cool and most of them have an environmental aspect that can change the game. For example one is called flood zone and most of the action is up above the ground on top of buildings and if you shoot a damn with enough rockets it will break and flood the whole map with 20 feet of water. These kinds of things make every match really cool and unique. If you want one game at launch then get this one! Expand
  74. Nov 19, 2013
    Really a great game that I have ever play.. I have played so many times and every time I got more interest than the previous.. I recommend all my friends to play such an interesting game.
  75. Nov 23, 2013
    This review supersedes my previous negative review for Battlefield 4 (PS4).

This review supersedes my previous negative review for Battlefield 4 (PS4).

First the bad news. Though it was very discouraging that 64-player Conquest was unavailable at PS4 launch and for the week that followed (plus persistent connectivity save data errors), DICE has resolved whatever issue was present and enabled the "flagship" mode. Though the framerate drops occasionally and there are still blue-screen errors (attempting to view Battlelog in-game from the menu screen), the game now "works" as promised, so I can thus give the game a more positive review..

Now the good news. And there is a lot of it! Graphics are realistic and gorgeous a totally immersive experience for the player. For the most part, 64 player MP Conquest is smooth and fast-paced, and the higher head-count makes for unparalleled action. It is epic and invigorating to see jets and choppers tanks and other vehicles, plus dozens of foot soldiers charging into battle over the command points. The most fun I've had in MP in years.

The SP campaign is entertaining and the revamped "points" system makes it have more replay value than predecessors. However, MP is "where it is at." Controls have been revamped, and though there is contention in the community, I think it is an improvement (especially the more intuitive vehicle controls).

I'd give this a 10 if it weren't for the launch day problems and crashing issues. That said, make sure you back up your save files via USB or the PSN cloud (easy enough). Highly recommended still, however. Buy it. I doubt you will be disappointed.
  76. Nov 21, 2013
    I bought this game with my PS4 a couple of days ago because someone did not pick their PS4 up on time. I must say, people are being very harsh on the single player campaign of a game whose main focus is on multiplayer. Anyways, I only played the first mission and a bit of the second and sure it is a bit cheesy but I enjoyed more than the BLOPs 2 campaign. It think the campaign is more forI bought this game with my PS4 a couple of days ago because someone did not pick their PS4 up on time. I must say, people are being very harsh on the single player campaign of a game whose main focus is on multiplayer. Anyways, I only played the first mission and a bit of the second and sure it is a bit cheesy but I enjoyed more than the BLOPs 2 campaign. It think the campaign is more for acquainting new players with the game. Don't buy this game if you aren't going to play the multiplayer mode.

Speaking of multiplayer, I have only played for a few hours and as a COD player I have to say it takes a little bit of getting used to. The basic FPS controls are there but there are a few changes such as turning your laser on and off to avoid it being seen against a wall or something. It also temporarily blinds opponents if you are aiming at them. Bullet speed is tracked and you will have to adjust for moving target and distant targets because your bullets will drop. The squad system is very interesting and really promotes teamwork which IMO makes the game more fun. I wish more people would voice chat on PS4. That would make the game more enveloping. There are many attachments and other customizations to try.

The graphics are quite good. I have been playing in 1080i so I won't be too critical. There are still jaggies but the view distance is very good as well as lighting and particles.

So that's enough positives for now. There are a million interesting features they put into the game. But here are some negatives. For one the spawns can be annoying. Sometimes I will spawn right in front of the enemy or vice versa. Again, I wish people would voice chat more on PS4 because that would be even more fun and allow for more strategic and involving gameplay. Also, for some reason I can't get into a game of conquest. All the other game modes have been working fine. I haven't been able to try vehicles yet. I don't know if they are in a different game mode or not.

I would recommend this game to people who enjoyed COD but want a deeper, more realistic experience. It's a very good game and you won't be disappointed unless you are expecting a lot from the single player campaign.
  77. Nov 29, 2013
    There is a lot of false information and fanboyism being spread about this game. I shall clear it up.

Firstly, this game does *not* run in 1080p 60 fps. The PS4 runs it at 900p 60 fps. That is 1600 x 900 resolution. The PC is the only platform that can run the game at 1920 x 1080 resolution (1080p). The Xbox One runs the game at 720p 60 fps, which is 1280 x 720 resolution. Now, on

Now, on to the game. The PS4 version of this game has been rated harder than the XBO and PC versions because the PS4 version is currently much more unstable than the XBO version, and the PC version has had longer to be patched, as it released a good 2-4 weeks earlier on the PC, depending on your region.

The single player campaign is improved over Battlefield 3's, however it's still nothing amazing, but nobody buys a Battlefield game for the single player, right? We buy it for the multiplayer. The multiplayer (when it works) is fantastic. I much prefer it to Battlefield 3's. I have this game on the PC as well, and being able to play 64 player Conquest Large (a feature PC has had for years now) is refreshing. The game plays nicely, the graphics are not quite up to PC level but almost there, and the framerate is solid, with very rare drops.

Levolution is good fun, keeps the battle moving, and has some impressive effects. Smaller things such as the ability to swim underwater make more of a difference to gameplay and tactics than you might think as well.

Graphically the game looks fantastic, definitely a noticeable improvement for next-gen consoles. As I said, not quite as good looking as the PC, but considering the PS4 only costs £350, it is very impressive.

To summarize, a great game, but needs to have it's bugs fixed. If you are coming to the game from older Battlefield titles, a lot of the game will be familiar, however a few things will have changed, such as the vehicle disable system, vehicle controls, and the general "feel" of the game. It feels much more "tight" and responsive, though some people don't like that. Personally, it's my favourite Battlefield game yet, and I will be playing it until the next release in the series.
  78. Dec 9, 2013
    I found this game to very refreshing, coming from a long streak of COD games. While I cannot speak for everyone, I have had no serious problems with the game and no "critical" bugs that render the game "unplayable". From my personal experience, the game has crashing a few times and every now and then, it takes a few minutes to get you into the game but nothing to merit a 0 out of 10. II found this game to very refreshing, coming from a long streak of COD games. While I cannot speak for everyone, I have had no serious problems with the game and no "critical" bugs that render the game "unplayable". From my personal experience, the game has crashing a few times and every now and then, it takes a few minutes to get you into the game but nothing to merit a 0 out of 10. I have also not suffered from any latency problems, even being on a college campus network. I am glad I purchased this game and didn't listen to those saying the game is a waste of money! Expand
  79. Dec 28, 2013
    Everything is a large step-up from BF3. The best thing about this game is that they allow a new form of achieving your unlocks called "Battlepacks" which give you a random 4 unlocks for either one of your kits. The game has an adrenal feel to it in terms of the maps which are based entirely on BFBC2. I love the levolution concept and the ability to have more objects to destroy which theyEverything is a large step-up from BF3. The best thing about this game is that they allow a new form of achieving your unlocks called "Battlepacks" which give you a random 4 unlocks for either one of your kits. The game has an adrenal feel to it in terms of the maps which are based entirely on BFBC2. I love the levolution concept and the ability to have more objects to destroy which they did not include in BF3. The game actually demands more teamwork than in BF3, however the guns feel like they deal the same damage. Amazingly enough, the recon class has been improved meaning you now have a way to measure your enemy/target from a long range and use your 8x scope to actually get headshots with the snipers. Really great, I do recommend this to anybody who likes the pushing factor of playing as a team and winning. The HUD system has been improved drastically, and the menus/spawning menu have been highly optimized to helping the player choose where they want to spawn with a tactical point of view.

The only reason I gave it a 9/10 is because it doesn't really include detail on the buildings such as in Seige of Shanghai. I get to the top floor and their isn't much to do their except camp, or be killed by campers.
  80. Mar 11, 2014
    THIS IS GAME 11/10 BEST AMERICAN GAME IN WORLD I LOVE AMERICA U S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S ATHIS IS GAME 11/10 BEST AMERICAN GAME IN WORLD I LOVE AMERICA U S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S AU S A U S A U S A Expand
  81. Mar 12, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is a gorgeous, strong and welcome addition to the franchise. The multiplayer side of it is everything that multiplayer should be with huge, well built fully destructible maps that, without a vehicle, would take eons to cross. Running at a smooth 1080p with 60 frames per second gameplay this is truly one of the best looking and feeling games of the next generation. So why notBattlefield 4 is a gorgeous, strong and welcome addition to the franchise. The multiplayer side of it is everything that multiplayer should be with huge, well built fully destructible maps that, without a vehicle, would take eons to cross. Running at a smooth 1080p with 60 frames per second gameplay this is truly one of the best looking and feeling games of the next generation. So why not 10 out of 10 you ask? Well, while this game provides some of the very best multiplayer I have seen in an extremely long time, there are/were a few issues. Issue one is the campaign which, and the developers admitted this, is bland with a generic, mediocre story. It's levels soon become stagnant with the repetitive gameplay of picking off one dumb AI at a time. But you're not here to play single player are you? I mean, who buys a Battlefield game for the single player? So, I'll move on and simply leave the campaign as not bad, but nothing we haven't seen before. So, the multiplayer, and while I must emphasise that it is now mainly a great joy to play, it wasn't always. The constant connection issues plagued what was and should have been a good game a lot earlier. Now the developers have fixed this issue, it's fine, it's fun but I'll always have the memories of waiting in a queue to join a server because it was playing that map that I adore. Waiting a few more minutes in the loading screen, then finally getting into the game, choosing my class, going out onto the battlefield to show everyone what I'm made of and... heartbreak. Disconnected again! But now, let bygones be bygones and move on because they've fixed this. Issue number three is mainly a minor one but I'm sure I'm not the only one who's come across this. The annoying hindrance that is not being able to customize your soldier, vehicles or weapons in the main menu. Just imagine it, you've just got that new gun you've been mowing down oh-so many people to get. You leave, go to the 'soldier' option in the main menu to equip it only to find that it's not there. This, while not game breaking, means that you have to find another match just to change a gun. Again, not a major issue, but like an itch on your back, it's going to cause you some minor discomfort. Aside from this Battlefield 4 is a huge step up from its predecessor Battlefield 3, with the ability to bring down dams, skyscrapers and even flood a city. It is truly an astonishing step for multiplayer and manages to finally topple its greatest of foes, Call of Duty Ghosts, from the number one spot on the multiplayer pedestal. My only advice for purchasing this game is to either get it on PC, Xbox One or the PlayStation 4. I picked up a copy for my Xbox 360 as a comparison to my PS4 edition and the change in gameplay was gigantic. This is not a game to be played on the 360 or PS3 as the consoles just can't keep up. Gameplay, graphics, map sizes and some vehicles are all sacrificed in the pursuit of trying to get this game to run on these consoles. And it nearly doesn't run. Almost immediately after getting into my first 360 game, I wished I had just stayed with my PS4. So whatever platform you get this multiplayer landmark on, just make sure that it can run the game at full capacity. Trust me, it's a price worth paying. Expand
  82. Jul 4, 2014
    Let's be honest, it's not about the single player campaign it's all about multiplayer. While the single player campaign is fine with the bog standard story, we all want multiplayer. It's had its problems but they seem to have ironed most of them out, plenty of maps and game types to choose and lots of weapons, vehicles to play with. Worth a purchase.
  83. Jan 2, 2015
    Online this game rules, plenty of depth and unlockables to keep me coming back. It makes me feel the tension of battle. The campaign was boring as hell but the online more than makes up for it.
  84. Aug 19, 2015
    So i have played this game for a total of 150+ hours, and loved every single bit of it. You like fun, fast action? Then there´s Team Deathmatch. You like competitive shooting? Then there´s a Counter Strike inspired mode. You like something innovative and completely mind-blowing? Then there´s always the revolutionary "Conquest" mode, simply the best game mode in a first person shooter everSo i have played this game for a total of 150+ hours, and loved every single bit of it. You like fun, fast action? Then there´s Team Deathmatch. You like competitive shooting? Then there´s a Counter Strike inspired mode. You like something innovative and completely mind-blowing? Then there´s always the revolutionary "Conquest" mode, simply the best game mode in a first person shooter ever (in my opinion of course). Then there´s of course the levolution (which means that almost everything can be blown to pieces) that is an absolutely game-changing mechanic (and it´s a joy to look at).

I could go on and on about how amazing this game is but let´s just get to the score.
    Overall this game gets a 10/10 because of it´s all-round great gameplay, accessibility and fun factor. Must play!
  85. Nov 11, 2015
    too many snipers, few bugs Campaign is short definitely one of the best launch games for the PS4. higher resolution at 1080p, and better framerate, now at 60 fps.
  86. Aug 12, 2016
    After many updates this game became one of the best modern fps games for the PS4.The weapons are balanced there are many people still playing the game.There i no fps that give you the sense of a grand scale war like battlefield 4.
  87. Feb 24, 2015
    Launch of this game is horrible. After some patches is a lot of better. SP is bored. MP have good maps in particular in DLC packages. Graphics look good. 64 player on map - exciting battles.
  88. Apr 26, 2014
    At the time of this review being written, this is the best game on PS4. It truly feels and looks next-gen. The improvement of Battlefield from PS3 to PS4 is simply light years apart. The resolution, frame-rate, textures, player-count and epicness have been vastly improved. This game requires a good sound system or headset because simply letting the audio of this game coming out of yourAt the time of this review being written, this is the best game on PS4. It truly feels and looks next-gen. The improvement of Battlefield from PS3 to PS4 is simply light years apart. The resolution, frame-rate, textures, player-count and epicness have been vastly improved. This game requires a good sound system or headset because simply letting the audio of this game coming out of your 20W TV speaker won't do it justice. The sound design is in incredible and the way your player reacts to the sound is increcible. When explosions happen right next to you in multiplayer, the subwoofer bangs and shakes the deepest bass ever and feels like a genuine explosion that it's unbelievable. The realism here is amazing and makes the game more exciting. Normally realism makes a game more boring, but here it makes the game so exciting. However, there are some big flaws such as the technical instability which can be extremely frustrating. The singleplayer is poor and while the game looks amazing most of the time, there are moments where the game can look a bit ugly and low-res. However it is the best game on PS4 as of the time of this review. Expand
  89. Mar 24, 2014
    Battlefield 4's dazzling debut on the PS4 begins in spectacular fashion. It looks stunning and plays awesome. It's a damn fine start and step-up. The frostbite engine is fantastic and pays off in some style as graphically it takes it to a whole other level. It's of the highest quality! The single player campaign is short and sweet but still good fun even if it feels like a missedBattlefield 4's dazzling debut on the PS4 begins in spectacular fashion. It looks stunning and plays awesome. It's a damn fine start and step-up. The frostbite engine is fantastic and pays off in some style as graphically it takes it to a whole other level. It's of the highest quality! The single player campaign is short and sweet but still good fun even if it feels like a missed opportunity because multiplayer is magnificent. It's vintage Battlefield at it's supreme addictive best. Each game mode brings a variety that keeps it fresh enough to play over again and never tire. The game feels and runs greatly, ofcourse there has been complains regarding online but having played it, I can only report that it's been utterly brilliant and nonstop. I've had no issues. All i can say is multiplayer is massive and marvellous! CoD may have came along and be setting world records but the quality is the key here, Battlefield is a total triumph and healds & shoulders above it's rival! With more DLC to come it's safe to assume things can only get bigger and better! The only disappointment is that DICE have missed a great chance with it's storytelling in single player, there was a chance to make Battlefield 4 the ultimate shooter! Expand
  90. Nov 22, 2015
    +Advanced graphics, frames
    +multiplayer has newbie filter

-In the single-player. It does not take advantage of the FrostBite3
    -bugs in a campain
    -poor gunmaster mode
  91. Feb 21, 2014
    The graphics are AMAZING, the controls are solid, its an overall really fun game to play especially with friends.

Now the bad stuff. I almost finished the campaign until one day my save disappeared so that happened. Also probably once a week the game crashes. One other small thing is that there are no online parties so its hard to get on to the same team as your friends.
  92. Oct 18, 2016
    I only played the Single-Player Campaign and had a lof of fun with it. It was my first BF ever. For being a First-Person-Shooter the duration was ok. Well, the Story is a crap, that's fact, but hey, who matters? The Gameplay is cool and the Graphics and physics are great.
  93. Feb 10, 2014
    This is just for the campaign.

So far this game by far has the best sound of any game on PS4 to date. The ambient and gun fire is top notch and the VO is actually very good. The graphics are stellar for a next gen launch game and the gameplay is fun. With that said the game is only around 6-7hrs long and the story gets really bizarre at times. All in all a great game to play over a weekend.
  94. May 30, 2016
    Got this game when it first came out on PS4 and it was one of the best multiplayer experiences I've had in a FPS since BF3. Great game with zero lag whatsoever. Never got disconnected once.
  95. Jul 10, 2014
    I decided to buy Battlefield 4 again for my PS4 because I just had this burning feeling that it wasn't as bad as my first immersions had led me to believe. Now that I have actually beaten the campaign and played a lot more multiplayer I really begin to tell you how completely off my first impressions were! Once the difficulty is turned down and you really have a chance to get to theI decided to buy Battlefield 4 again for my PS4 because I just had this burning feeling that it wasn't as bad as my first immersions had led me to believe. Now that I have actually beaten the campaign and played a lot more multiplayer I really begin to tell you how completely off my first impressions were! Once the difficulty is turned down and you really have a chance to get to the characters and get invested in their story the campaign becomes a very engaging experience! Also now that I have found my groove with the multiplayer it is now a major addiction for me! The final thing that really won me over about this version of the game was of course the graphical improvements! The biggest disappoint for me with this game on last generation consoles was the graphics and honestly the second that it put this into my Playstation 4 it made me wish that I had waited for this version! Expand
  96. Apr 24, 2014
    Despite suffering from bugs and glitches, BF4 is head and shoulders above its competitors and predecessors. With great gameplay, breathtaking graphics, a large array of weapons, and realistic combat, Battlefield 4 fulfilled everything we asked of it. The levolution system barely causes hiccups during games, and maps such as Flood Zone show off this capability. The campaign is betterDespite suffering from bugs and glitches, BF4 is head and shoulders above its competitors and predecessors. With great gameplay, breathtaking graphics, a large array of weapons, and realistic combat, Battlefield 4 fulfilled everything we asked of it. The levolution system barely causes hiccups during games, and maps such as Flood Zone show off this capability. The campaign is better than expected. Overall, Battlefield 4 impresses gamers with a great gameplay experience. Expand
  97. Mar 31, 2015
    Great game, the graphics are really amazing, everything happens all at once in this game, everything explodes in your face, but it explodes in the right way, at the right time. The multiplayer is better than it was of the third game. You have wide options in terms of weapons, and you can change them at any time during the game. Its a fantastic game, really is. 8.5/10.
  98. Mar 26, 2014
    The game has a lot of bugs. Yes, it's true. The game have a terrible campaign. Yes, its true. But let's see the rest.

- Graphics: 9 - very beautiful graphics, as ever (bugs sucks). - Gameplay: 9 - you get used to it very fast, even if you have never played a shooter , destrutive scenary is pretty awesome. - Multiplayer: 7 - great as ever, but the bugs of the game don't let you play it

- Graphics: 9 - very beautiful graphics, as ever (bugs sucks).
    - Multiplayer: 7 - great as ever, but the bugs of the game don't let you play it too much.
    - Campaign: 3 - don't play this game 'cause of the campaign. It is really awful (not going to put on the final score, because I think you can't look to a shooter looking for the campaign)

Now, Eletronic Arts corrected most of the bugs, but, anyway, its include in here.
  99. Aug 21, 2014
    Battlefield has always been about slower paced combat with very satisfying multiplayer. BattleField 4 adds on to that concept and uses the new engine's destructibility to add to the chaos. Most of the major issues are technical but most of them have been fixed. Other than the technical side, the game almost feels like it requires battlefield 4 premium to get the most out of the game.
  100. Nov 27, 2016
    This is the first time for me to play a battlefield game,
    Graphics are great, animation and control are great too
    campaign is linear and looks like playing call of duty !!
    weapons are good, but i didn't like the way you select the weapons when you find them in the way,
    If you are alone and want to spend some time you can have fun with this beautiful game but there is nothing new

1. Apr 16, 2014
    In comparison with the current-gen of consoles, Battlefield 4 is the shooter for the next-gen consoles. The graphics are even more stunning than before and there’s an ability to play with more gamers on the console. Choose the PlayStation 4 or Xbox One-version above the current-gen versions.
  2. The issues aren’t ruinous, and in the case of the multiplayer more an inconvenience that EA needs to address than anything else – but it’s enough to take the shine off what should be one of the best shooters on PS4.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Feb 13, 2014
    Battlefield 4 is an excellent multiplayer FPS with wildly varied vehicles and interesting maps. [Jan 2014]