- Summary: Battlefield 4 is an action blockbuster that aims for unrivaled destruction. Fueled by Frostbite 3, Battlefield 4 allows you to demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. You will lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more whileBattlefield 4 is an action blockbuster that aims for unrivaled destruction. Fueled by Frostbite 3, Battlefield 4 allows you to demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. You will lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory. Beyond its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4 features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home. Change the landscape in real-time with interactive environments that react to your every move. Dominate land, air and sea with all-new, intense water-based vehicular combat.… Expand
Oct 29, 2013Battlefield 4 is stout entry to the series and a strong addition to the PlayStation 4 launch lineup. As the first game to demonstrate the prowess of the Frostbite 3 engine, its explosive debut indicates a promising future for its technology. Gear up and strap in, Battlefield 4 sets the new standard for next-generation multiplayer.
Dec 2, 2013It’s a shame DICE still treads the B-grade storytelling path with its single-player game, otherwise Battlefield 4 would be dangerously close to shooter perfection. [Christmas 2013, p67]
Nov 30, 2013Battlefield 4 feels like more of a ‘true’ Battlefield game when compared to its predecessor, aping that sandbox arena fun that made 1942 such a hit. Thanks to the power of PlayStation 4, we finally have a PC Battlefield experience on a home console, and it’s pretty darn good.
Nov 14, 2013Absolutely awesome startup to new ps4. Awesome graphics, awesome multiplayer, great perfomance. The new levolution system works and feelsAbsolutely awesome startup to new ps4. Awesome graphics, awesome multiplayer, great perfomance. The new levolution system works and feels great, especially on flood zone. Ps. 1080р and 60 fps. 10/10.… Expand
Mar 24, 2014Battlefield 4's dazzling debut on the PS4 begins in spectacular fashion. It looks stunning and plays awesome. It's a damn fine start andBattlefield 4's dazzling debut on the PS4 begins in spectacular fashion. It looks stunning and plays awesome. It's a damn fine start and step-up. The frostbite engine is fantastic and pays off in some style as graphically it takes it to a whole other level. It's of the highest quality! The single player campaign is short and sweet but still good fun even if it feels like a missed opportunity because multiplayer is magnificent. It's vintage Battlefield at it's supreme addictive best. Each game mode brings a variety that keeps it fresh enough to play over again and never tire. The game feels and runs greatly, ofcourse there has been complains regarding online but having played it, I can only report that it's been utterly brilliant and nonstop. I've had no issues. All i can say is multiplayer is massive and marvellous! CoD may have came along and be setting world records but the quality is the key here, Battlefield is a total triumph and healds & shoulders above it's rival! With more DLC to come it's safe to assume things can only get bigger and better! The only disappointment is that DICE have missed a great chance with it's storytelling in single player, there was a chance to make Battlefield 4 the ultimate shooter!… Expand
Nov 16, 2013Trolls are trying to bring this games user score down but BF4 is definitely one of the best launch games for the PS4. However, you'll justTrolls are trying to bring this games user score down but BF4 is definitely one of the best launch games for the PS4. However, you'll just want to rent the game or borrow it from a friend if you only want to check out the campaign, this is a mainly a multiplayer game (this should be known by now though)… Collapse
May 27, 2014Graphics: 8.2 Sound: 8.2 Gameplay: 8.2 Fun/Story: 7
Poor story and short single play. Great level design with some brilliant textures andGraphics: 8.2 Sound: 8.2 Gameplay: 8.2 Fun/Story: 7
Poor story and short single play. Great level design with some brilliant textures and effects but many many bugs (specially in multiplayer) and erros (i had to restart ir twice). It could have a much higher rate without this annoying problems.… Expand
Feb 20, 2014Currently this game is terrible, 2+ years in development and is in worse condition than annually released games (Assassin's Creed). I'm aCurrently this game is terrible, 2+ years in development and is in worse condition than annually released games (Assassin's Creed). I'm a massive fan of BF, BF3 was amazing I though, I was hoping BF4 would follow in it's footsteps, but sadly it hasn't. The campaign isn't worth playing, has no story, thank god it has gorgeous graphics, but they still don't save the boring campaign. The MP, where to start? Bugs, bugs and even more bugs, the 0 HP is beyond annoying, if someone has 0 HP they should be dead, period. When doing a search for your favourite map and join it, it's ended before you start. This never happened in BF3, then you have to play maps you dislike. So far I'm really disappointed in DICE, I usually blame EA but 2 years is enough time, especially for a shooter. The map designs suck compared to BF3 too. I'm not a CoD fanboy just saying BF rubbish, I don't play CoD. Seriously think about it before buying this game, so far I regret buying it and Premium.… Expand
Apr 18, 2014The game in itself is good, but there are game-breaking aspects that ruin the whole experience.
Personally I liked the campaign but it wasThe game in itself is good, but there are game-breaking aspects that ruin the whole experience.
Personally I liked the campaign but it was too short and scripted, the only time when you can make a story changing decision is when the campaign ends. Wouldn't recommend buying this game just for the campaign, as it is a waste of money.
The thing that makes Battlefield a big title is the multiplayer. In this specific title I can rarely find it fun. The game is a rage inducing experience due to bugs, horrible design decisions and really bad servers. I didn't have this problems with other Battlefield games.
I don't recommend this game, you have lots of other options.… Expand
Dec 20, 2014Today is the 20th of December, 2014! This game, even with all of the patches that were released, is absolute crap!
1. Medkits don't workToday is the 20th of December, 2014! This game, even with all of the patches that were released, is absolute crap!
1. Medkits don't work while suppressed so they're practically UNUSABLE! This is a MAJOR setback for bf.
2. Head glitching is STILL a MAJOR problem and I constantly get killed from someone's forehead.
3. I STILL get shot from around corners or through LAYERS of thick concrete from an assault rifle.
4. OP guns are still OP!
5. Campaign is absolute crap and about a black guy hating a Chinese lady. That pretty much sums up 4 hours of your life right there.
6. A shotgun with explosive rounds can ABSOLUTELY DESTROY a concrete wall but takes an ENTIRE magazine to kill someone!! WTF?!
7. Scope glare from snipers is visible even if the sniper's FACING AWAY from the sun! Stupid balancing!
8. Sniper rifles take more than one shot to kill someone, even if the shot is directly to the persons heart!
9. PDWs (like the mp7 and such) are TERRIBLE and their damage is so little they should never be used!
10. Spotting system lets you spot someone in complete cover and in bushes and stuff where, even in real life, you couldn't ever see that person! You can also spot from the other side of the entire map!
11. The Airburst kills people instantly and is waaaay too OP.
12. A shotgun directly to someone's chest not even 1 foot away doesn't kill that person.
13. Whenever you join a match, about 90% of the time you're automatically on the losing team and about 90% of the time you lose the match terribly.
14. The maps are REALLY dark and you need a flashlight to see people in broad daylight! Legit no joke.
15. Incindiary grenades hurt you from a significant distance and even go through walls and ceilings!!!!
I could go on and on but I Thing you get the point. Battlefield 4 was the worst waste of my money ever. I can't believer I'm saying this but COD might actually be better and that's saying something.… Expand
- By user score