6.4

1. Dec 27, 2013
    I decided to try this out with a friend and it is actually a very impressive game it does everything right in terms of being both traditional mmo and keeping it all super-heroed, however I am not interested at all in spending £54 on half a years worth of playing. Not a fan of subscription based games at all.
  2. Jun 9, 2014
    The most underrated game on the PS4 and best action mmo I've played. I've been playing for years and will continue to do so until this game is just a memory.
  3. Mar 21, 2014
    Hard to get into then harder to put down. This game wins you over the more time you spend with it. Throw in some great DLC and you have endless hours of superhero/villain mayhem.
  4. Dec 23, 2013
    I've played it for fifty hours, which says it all really. It'd be worth the price of a game, as I'm still enjoying it a lot, but it's free, so go mental and destroy everything as a psycho villain.
  5. May 20, 2014
    So far playing DC Universe I have had a amazing time just exploring the popular sights and meeting the Hero's. I Love it! I look forward to further developments in the game
  6. Oct 28, 2014
    Enjoyable so far. I've tried a few different builds I do wish there was some sort of training area where you could play with builds without having to go through the into again but still fun. Lots of options when building from style, weapon, magic, etc. Still figuring out the stores and details of the game but the mechanics are good and its a fun game overall. True the graphics won't blowEnjoyable so far. I've tried a few different builds I do wish there was some sort of training area where you could play with builds without having to go through the into again but still fun. Lots of options when building from style, weapon, magic, etc. Still figuring out the stores and details of the game but the mechanics are good and its a fun game overall. True the graphics won't blow you away but as others have mentioned its a port and the fact that its free and fun make it worth it for me. Expand
  7. Dec 10, 2014
    Yes this game is majorly under rated by alot of people however, this game forces people to pay way too much. If you pay monthly for this game then I say it gets a 10/10. However, if you don't, and you buy the dlc then I say it gets an 8/10. Last but not least if you don't pay then I say it gets a 6/10. the 8/10 is fairly generous, too. Considering how limited this game is even to those whoYes this game is majorly under rated by alot of people however, this game forces people to pay way too much. If you pay monthly for this game then I say it gets a 10/10. However, if you don't, and you buy the dlc then I say it gets an 8/10. Last but not least if you don't pay then I say it gets a 6/10. the 8/10 is fairly generous, too. Considering how limited this game is even to those who just bought the DLC. Expand
  8. Dec 24, 2014
    Amazing FREE MMORPG game on your console. Create your own hero or villain and progress through the missions. Well designed. Although there're lots of DLC to help you progress, without them you are still fine and it is not aiming for your wallet. But hey, it's free so why not!
  9. Jul 20, 2016
    FREE IS IRRELEVANT !!!!!

-wha the heck does it matter if its free or &60. ? -Free just means we get screwed! as the micro transactions are insane.. -They will give you a tiny bit of whatever currency and to get anything cool ya gotta buy itl... (Same with THE SECRET WORLD) Another amazing concept/storyline for a mmo but free to play KILLS IT.. ---DCUO Had/has sooooo much
    FREE IS IRRELEVANT !!!!!

-wha the heck does it matter if its free or &60. ?
    -Free just means we get screwed! as the micro transactions are insane..

---DCUO Had/has sooooo much potential..
    --FLYING is fun!
    -The music in villain headquarter/.nightclubs is awesome & addicting.
    -The 'flirty' animation when idle is aweome looking..
    -WEAPONS- 10/10 Staff,dual pistols,hand cannon= awesome!
    -weapon-melle or ranged- 10/10 addictingly awesome...
    --Pretty much the game suffers from two MAJOR problems aside from FREE TO PLAY.

**1 is the the fighting esp POWERS...if this game just had the weapons it would be amazing!!!
    --& The weapons are 10/10
    ~I love ranged & melee with Staff,,Shield,,rifle,all of them are just STR8^ FUN

**POWERS- they made them too complicated.. not to use them,,BUT DAMAGE stats.its soo exhausting learning the mechanics of how to be powerful enough to have a high eough Combat Rating to wear whatever armor or enter whatever arena..

-Like some dude said her ein a review about FLYING- You cant use it properly. like drop someone from high up...
    ---And the Speed & Agility movement are soooo glitch that I had to pay money to respect back to flight.

--DCUO IS SPECIAL!!! JIM LEE for chriss sake does the art!!! This was my HERO as a kid with X-men reboot in 1990...

-voice acting is AMAZING!

-Layout and B-list heroes & villains are ALLLL here...

B U T-- The story is A W F U L..And with NO STORY=== NO GAME!!!
    ---Brainiac~~!! Gimmie a break... All because Superman is killed in th efuture.. please!!!!

----I said this before- This story MUST BE DARKER OR SOMETHING BRAND NEW....
    --Brainiac is tooo boring & disliked,,,,,Deathstroke,,The Joker,,,Shazaam,Batman,,Wonderwoman..
    ALL THESE Heroes & Villains can/should be the new villain that takes over earth....

---REMEMBER THAT Animated Batman/Flash cartoon " Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox "

Where Aquaman is at war with WONDERWOMAN. Atlantis VS Amzon Island...And BOTH hate humans or everyone else....NOW that is the type of story a MMO needs..or an expnasin needs to offer a new storyline like DESTINY TAKEN KING DID....

---I cant seem to move on from this game..i don't play it anymore but I want to play it again & I miss it greatly,,,,

please reboot the game or sequel it EVERQUEST style..

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    If you mooch for free off only one MMO this year, make it this one. [February 2014, p78]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 26, 2014
    Artistically it's a bit gaudy. [Feb 2014, p.87]
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    DC Universe Online is a title in its own way unique, not only because it is now one of the few MMORPGs available on consoles, but also because it is perhaps the only exponent of the superhero genre to have discrete character.