7.0

1. Mar 4, 2014
    Good game just filled with bugs right now. I played the Ps3 version at launch and this does look better with some added game modes. The biggest problem is the game keeps crashing on the 2nd level and for some reason when making a private game It keeps joining me with random players hindering me from playing with a friend.

Though we did eventually get into a game after a few minutes, It

Though we did eventually get into a game after a few minutes, It was just a shame to see a re-release of a 3 year old game didnt get fully tested and is having more problems than the original. Now that can all be patched and the game is a tough but very fun twin stick co op shooter but I cant go above a 8 with major problems like that at launch.
  2. Mar 12, 2014
    This game is simply a good game! I found it really fun and challenging. The game's difficulty goes up nice with each level at the exact right pace. You really need to check cars and other boxes for money so you can upgrade your weapons and equipment, because you'll need it! Scavenging all areas will also reward you with nice armor upgrades, which is really useful!
    Some people complain
    Some people complain that they got Dead Nation for free after the PSN hack, but this version holds more value. All DLC comes with this edition, which is really nice. And then it's also free for all Playstation Plus members this month! Great!
  3. Mar 18, 2014
    Surprisingly this game is addicting. I am not usually one for old school shooters as I have had plenty of them back in the day, however this game is fun. Can't beat the price for PS plus members either!
  4. Mar 13, 2014
    This game took me by surprise as was expecting it to be mediocre at best, it was free via ps plus however so felt it was at least worth a go. I never played the original Dead Nation which I guess is a good thing as it made this a fresh experience for me. I was a bit sceptical to begin with as it seemed a little basic but in no time whatsoever I was powering up weapons and buying new gunsThis game took me by surprise as was expecting it to be mediocre at best, it was free via ps plus however so felt it was at least worth a go. I never played the original Dead Nation which I guess is a good thing as it made this a fresh experience for me. I was a bit sceptical to begin with as it seemed a little basic but in no time whatsoever I was powering up weapons and buying new guns in between being overwhelmed by huge hordes of the undead. The mechanics are indeed simple but timing is key with particular weapons as well as choosing when to use your limited dash ability and meagre explosives supplies. It all turns out to be high octane fun and with a multiplier system reminiscent of Resogun (it is made by the same guys after all) for the high score hunters its an enjoyable challenge. Throw in the co op which can be played online or via couch co op (with two controllers) and you have what really is a enjoyable little game with a slight retro feel to it but in all the right ways Expand
  5. Mar 8, 2014
    wasn't my type of game from what I seen, went into it with low expectations (but hey it was with ps plus), little did I know that I would spend endless hours competitively fighting zombies while trying to be the best in the ranks, a neat non linear game, which actually reminds me of the PS1 game Fully Loaded.
  6. Mar 9, 2014
    Really enjoyed this game and am still playing it. there is a lot to try and do on your own and then there is co-op with is going to be fun, hopefully people try and enjoy this game because it is fun wor what it is worth
  7. Mar 11, 2014
    One of the few games on ps4 right now worth playing online with your friends, too bad it was a ps3 title. never played the ps3 version, so it was all brand new for me and it was impressive. Basic stick shooter and zombie mayhem, not a lot to it, story not good enough, should have invested something in updating the story cut scenes.
  8. Mar 21, 2014
    This free game is tough as nails but super addictive. The only knock I have is that it kept connecting me to players who kept leaving just because and what I assume that that they got chosen as the female character.
  9. Mar 17, 2014
    It is a really enjoyable game. It is only about 2.3 GB which is not a lot and it a overall good game. I would recommend this to anyone who has PS+ because it is free.

Honestly if you are complaining about a free game you need to get out more. IT IS FREE you dont have to download if it, you dont like it
  10. Mar 18, 2014
    Its good , good graphics and good control and very recomended to play cooperative with your friends so is moré funny and its free so its so recomended
  11. Mar 5, 2014
    What's new about Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition? Well they've added the new Broadcast+ mode, Arcade mode, and Endless modes as well next gen polish....... On top of that, I really enjoyed the controls and this game is a blast with a friend; coop campaign or coop horde mode. Don't listen to people saying there's no reload or run buttons. There are both; there's a limited run/dash with L2What's new about Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition? Well they've added the new Broadcast+ mode, Arcade mode, and Endless modes as well next gen polish....... On top of that, I really enjoyed the controls and this game is a blast with a friend; coop campaign or coop horde mode. Don't listen to people saying there's no reload or run buttons. There are both; there's a limited run/dash with L2 and click in the right analog stick and you have a reload button (can't understand people who who don't have time to read the loading screens or visit the options that explain the mechanics before shooting their mouth off in a review). What I've always loved about this game is the strategic nature of balancing out your inventory of distractions (flares, etc...) ammo scarcity, limited dash, and weapon upgrades. And yes this is technically a "survival horror" game (yes u have to survive and yes zombies fit into the genre of horror) but it was never meant to be compared to the likes of Resident Evil or the Last of Us. It was designed to be more like the old arcade game Smash TV. This version of Dead Nation is still a fun, frantic, retro, slightly strategic, top down shooter with some great leveling up mechanics. Expand
  12. Mar 8, 2014
    Pretty much the same game as ps3, but I loved that one and now I have a whole list of trophies to get me going again. Small improvement on the graphics, still it does make everything clearer for me. Overall a fun game with good challenge.
  13. Mar 11, 2014
    How the heck did they get such an amazing game on the PS3 to be so fun and different on the PS4. Both games are amazing and get this now or I'll cut you
  14. Mar 15, 2014
    Dead Nation Apocalypse Edition is a fun game. I went in to it thinking it was going to be another shooter.But I was wrong. The infection cycle by nation is cool, and the fact that it comes with road to devastation is awesome. It is a great game overall.
  15. Mar 4, 2014
    Such a great game! It has the retro feel to it, which I like, and even though it doesn't exceed with graphics nor gameplay (compared to the major PS4 titles), it proved to be a really, really fun time. Love it!
  16. Mar 5, 2014
    The PS4 release is my first experience with DN, and it's fantastic. Top-down perspective, dual stick action that still requires quite a bit of strategy. Interactive game streaming takes advantage of the PS4's capability.

Diablo III + L4D2 + Stardust HD/Resogun == Dead Nation.
  17. Mar 24, 2014
    Another great PS4 port
    Pros:
    -Great Graphic -Has that Retro Gameplay feel without being so Generic -No troubles with the Camera Angles (Unlike in other Twin Stick Shooters) -It's not some Left 4 Dead clone -Great Mechanics Cons: -If you don't have PS+ you'll have to pay $10 for it -Lack of Gun Variety Recommendation: Anyone who's tired of Left 4 Dead clones AND whoever has a PS+
    Another great PS4 port
    Pros:
    -Great Graphic
    -Has that Retro Gameplay feel without being so Generic
    -No troubles with the Camera Angles (Unlike in other Twin Stick Shooters)
    -It's not some Left 4 Dead clone
    -Great Mechanics
    Cons:
    -If you don't have PS+ you'll have to pay $10 for it
    -Lack of Gun Variety
    Recommendation: Anyone who's tired of Left 4 Dead clones AND whoever has a PS+ Subscription
  18. Apr 8, 2014
    This is my favorite ps+ game so far, the graphics are great, gameplay is really good, most importantly its a cooperative horror survival, online or off. They did a good job with everything, weapons and upgrades, enemies and levels are great, this is my first experience with DN good job
  19. Jun 29, 2014
    Much better than I expected for yet another zombie game. Good controls, plenty of weapons, easy to pick up and play, nice graphics, very eerie, well detailed and fairly large levels, fun bonuses, and the worldwide virus stats at the end of each level generate a need to keep playing. One of my top 3 PS4 games so far.
  20. Oct 29, 2014
    Excellent little game. For a PSN topview zombie fighter this is very well done. The shadows, sounds, objects in the world.... they all come together very nicely to create a good post apocalyptic environment. I like how there is debris around that gets knocked around when you walk over it, same with slain zombies.
    Definitely two thumbs up. And recommended for fans of zombie games or just
    Definitely two thumbs up. And recommended for fans of zombie games or just like lots of blood.
    Oh and broadcast+ is a nice use of the PS4's broadcast capability.
  21. Apr 22, 2014
    Housemarque just make fun and addictive games plain and simple. If you've played Super Stardust or Resogun you'll already know this. Dead Nation Apocalypse is a remastered edition of the PS3 game Dead Nation. It's a top down shoot em up that's based on scores, trophies and reflexes. It's a twin stick shooter in which you are either a man or a women who's in a world overrun by zombies andHousemarque just make fun and addictive games plain and simple. If you've played Super Stardust or Resogun you'll already know this. Dead Nation Apocalypse is a remastered edition of the PS3 game Dead Nation. It's a top down shoot em up that's based on scores, trophies and reflexes. It's a twin stick shooter in which you are either a man or a women who's in a world overrun by zombies and you have to survive by blasting your way through hordes of different kinds of zombies to reach checkpoints.. You can upgrade your weapons and armor along the way. You can gain new weapons and armor throughout the game also. It's just pure gameplay.

Players are awarded score multipliers and money when zombies are killed. Money is used to purchase and upgrade weapons at checkpoints, and multipliers to grant better scores. Each time players are hit, they lose multipliers and health. Players fight their way through ten levels, using weapon shops that allow weapon upgrading and armor swapping ( all in game money which is good ). Throughout the levels, players can find boxes that hold ammunition, multipliers, money, or armor pieces, and also loot cars and trunks for money. If a car is blown up before being looted, though, the loot is lost. At times the players are trapped in areas where they must survive until they have accomplished a certain goal (e.g. wait for an elevator while fighting zombies or kill all zombies in the area). Armor sets influence strength, endurance and agility.

Zombies are attracted by flares, car alarms, grenades, mines, and vending machines. Zombies can be killed by environmental hazards which the player can use to their advantage. Players will encounter a variety of zombies. Players can use a melee and rush attack against zombies, as well as a variety of weaponry like rocket launchers, flamethrowers and electric weapons.

It can get a little repetitive at times and the story is kind of weak and so is the main character. To be honest though you will be playing this purely for the gameplay alone because it's fun, fast paced and addictive.
  22. May 14, 2014
    I never played the original nor did I have the PS3. When I heard it was announced for the PS4 I was excited. I like my top down shooters. Anyway when it arrived I was blown away by the visuals and the sheer detail in the graphics. The co-op is probably the best yet on the PS4 console next to Reso Gun. Anyway long story short, great graphics, great gameplay, lots of great action, plenty ofI never played the original nor did I have the PS3. When I heard it was announced for the PS4 I was excited. I like my top down shooters. Anyway when it arrived I was blown away by the visuals and the sheer detail in the graphics. The co-op is probably the best yet on the PS4 console next to Reso Gun. Anyway long story short, great graphics, great gameplay, lots of great action, plenty of zombie killing and what a blast to play, 7 play through's and I'm still hooked. BUY THIS NOW! Expand
  23. Oct 2, 2014
    No major changes from PS3 but still worth the cost if you never played it (and even if you had the PS3 version it might be worth again as the cost is fairly low, free if you have PSN).

Decent graphics even for a PS4 game. Fast paced action that suits casuals and hardcores (the ones that play for the high score) alike. Very very fun with a friend. The only major problem is

Very very fun with a friend.

The only major problem is replayability if you are not too keen in high difficulty, high scores and/or achievements, as the game itself is somewhat short (around 3 hours to clear all maps).

1. May 11, 2014
    As the Dead Nation moves from PS3 to PS4, only little has changed. The textures are a notch sharper and there's a new game mode, that demonstrates the streaming capabilities of the PS4, but other than that, the game is the same four year-olds old top-down zombie shooter. It's still a solid shooter, but nowadays the zombies are literally EVERYWHERE. [Apr 2014]
  2. Is (currently) free, looks better, and you can now be messed with by stream-watching gamers. What's not to love? [May 2014, p76]
  3. Dead Nation's plot is as substantial as a slice of Bernard Matthews turkey ham. [May 2014, p.86]