6.2

1. Jun 17, 2014
    Most balanced online mode in a next generation console title. I can pick any fighter and use their abilities to my advantage and win. Once you get used to the controls, the game play is very well laid out and detailed. Amazing online modes, the belt ranking system is a winner. If you already know MMA, you will have the advantage in this game. Great job by EA Canada on
  2. Jun 17, 2014
    great game. The most obvious thing, it looks brilliant. It plays great, controls take some getting used to, but once you do they feel good and natural. Roster could be bigger, but I think I saw somewhere that we might get free DLC fighters (I'd say unlikely cosindering it's EA). Submission system is not the best thing out there, but still better than wiggling thumb sticks. Overall, I lovegreat game. The most obvious thing, it looks brilliant. It plays great, controls take some getting used to, but once you do they feel good and natural. Roster could be bigger, but I think I saw somewhere that we might get free DLC fighters (I'd say unlikely cosindering it's EA). Submission system is not the best thing out there, but still better than wiggling thumb sticks. Overall, I love this game. Not perfect, but very well made Expand
  3. Jun 17, 2014
    The best MMA game to date!

With its limited development time, EA Canada put its emphasis where it matters the most: the gameplay! The controls may be daunting to newcomers, but it's a good exchange for the level of depth waiting to be explored and mastered. The sense one gets of total control over the fighters is immensely satisfying and convincing. You can dash in and out of
    The best MMA game to date!

The sense one gets of total control over the fighters is immensely satisfying and convincing. You can dash in and out of harm's way as Machida, sway to land counters as Anderson, or break some bones as Nogueira.

A career mode tops out exhibition fights to keep loners interested, but the true beauty of the game shines when facing other human competitors, and luckily the online offerings available are robust and executed with a craftsman's attention to detail. Matchmaking is fast, latency is generally great, and a belt system is sure to stoke the competitive flame of warriors across the globe.

EAC has managed to produce an MMA game that is fundamentally solid and sure to serve as a fantastic groundwork for their next entries.
  4. Jun 19, 2014
    This is a good game.I gave it a 10 to try to even out the 0's through 5's it got.It's really a 7 1/2 .Just because it's a bit difficult doesn't mean it derserves a Zero.Oh well.People on here gave Watch Dogs a Zero and it's already winning awards.
  5. Jun 18, 2014
    It was a long wait for EA Sports UFC if you were a fan of Undisputed 3. While not as much a sim as it is an arcade game I find my self pleased with EA's first UFC game. He first thing that will wow you are the graphics. The fighters are extremely detailed and MOST have their trademark stances(Sorry Dominic Cruz fans) The fighters movesets vary very little but each fighter somehow stillIt was a long wait for EA Sports UFC if you were a fan of Undisputed 3. While not as much a sim as it is an arcade game I find my self pleased with EA's first UFC game. He first thing that will wow you are the graphics. The fighters are extremely detailed and MOST have their trademark stances(Sorry Dominic Cruz fans) The fighters movesets vary very little but each fighter somehow still manages to feel different. This is because like in Madden each fighter has certain abilities that carry them through fights. For instance BJ Penn is better on the ground than Frankie Edgar but Edgar is better Standing and Defending which plays out to the interest and versatility of the fights. Yu really have to find a character that suits your style, You can't step into the octagn with Daniel Cormier and try to submit Chael Sonnen. You have to play to Cormier strength which is his wrestling ability. Wanna "Stand in & Bang"? Roy Nelson is your guy, Wanna systematically break d do wn and pick your opponent apart? Yu may be a GSP guy. Overall I really enjoy this game as a fan. Ther are of course little things with the variety in takedowns and originality in some movesets but to judge a game on nuances would be unfair to a PS4 owner and UFC like myself who would want to give this game a try...by all means do. You won't be disappointed. Expand
  6. Jun 18, 2014
    This game is AWESOME. The graphics look so real that when you land a punch...you feel like you really are hitting a human being and then there is blood coming out. What more can you ask? You're literally beating up a human being. This is not a video game folks.

NO game is perfect and this game has flaw. Sound could have been louder especially from Buffer. The crowd and the commentators are excellent though. Career mode i don't care i don't play that much, but the ONLINE mode is the real deal and it's fun to play against someone else.

I love the interface and menus...it's gorgeous and have all sorts of stats about your fights. You can challenge friends and you can play unranked if you want. Nobody should rate this game ZERO...c'mon be real...that's why i give it a 10.
  7. Jun 19, 2014
    I love it! Next-Gen looks gorgeous. Graphics look breath taking, gameplay is better then ever!
    Its easily the the best mixed martial arts, ufc game out to date.
    Definitely worth picking up.
  8. Jun 23, 2014
    I have to give this game a 9 because its takes us back to a time when a game was about 1 thing : Fun. This game is fun. The graphics are great, the physics are great so I don't know what anyone is talking about, its incredibly fun to get awesome knockouts in different ways. The multiplayer is really where the game excels and the single player isn't really very impressive. The game hasI have to give this game a 9 because its takes us back to a time when a game was about 1 thing : Fun. This game is fun. The graphics are great, the physics are great so I don't know what anyone is talking about, its incredibly fun to get awesome knockouts in different ways. The multiplayer is really where the game excels and the single player isn't really very impressive. The game has a sharp learning curve and will take a while to get used to. An amazing first entry in the series. Plenty of room for improvement such as leg kick tkos, the game needs more moves in general. A better cut/damage system where the fight can actually be stopped because of bleeding, etc. Expand
  9. Jun 19, 2014
    This game is a great start to the franchise don't listen to all the EA haters give it a chance and make the descision your self. The game looks amazing and is a lot of fun.
  10. Jun 22, 2014
    You have to learn how to play before you review this game. Most of the complaints are from button mashers complaining of unrealistic gameplay. Well that's because they are button mashing!

If you play the game realistically, you get realistic fights. Every fighter is completely unique. The bad reviews about this game show how short the average gamer's attention span is these days. The game is actually all the same controls as Undisputed 2009.

Every single move has a counter. Literally any spam can be defended; its just a matter of learning how. Damage is awesome, but its a matter of learning how to strike. You have to use distance and footwork! The complaints come from gamers walking up to each other, button mashing, and then complaining that they want realistic battles!

Give me a break! This is one of the greatest fighting games ever created. The problem with this game is between the seat and the controller!
  11. Jul 9, 2014
    its a brilliant game with oustanding fighter styles and move sets. the online mode is amazing with balanced fights. charter creator is aweseme. nothing to be imporved on this next gen class game. MUST BUY!!!
  12. Jul 28, 2014
    First off I cant stand sports games I find them a waste and boring , then I tried this at a friends for 10 min and wow I ran out and bought a copy and love it . The controls are so bloody easy to use and remember but it takes skill to master them and the games graphics are great and the detail is perfect , a example is if you have someone in submission you can see your leg wrapped aroundFirst off I cant stand sports games I find them a waste and boring , then I tried this at a friends for 10 min and wow I ran out and bought a copy and love it . The controls are so bloody easy to use and remember but it takes skill to master them and the games graphics are great and the detail is perfect , a example is if you have someone in submission you can see your leg wrapped around there body and not breaking through there body , it is amazing how the collision detection is and the gameface is amazing at least for me it was . So as a gamer who hates sports games and wrestling games I can say this game is bloody fun fun fun . Expand

1. Sep 3, 2014
    UFC fails to impress on the mat. [Aug 2014]
  2. Aug 28, 2014
    UFC fans who live and breathe online or local multiplayer will easily have a ton of fun with this game, but those who'd rather play solo are best served by renting the title first or picking it up if it gets cheaper later on.
  3. It sadly lacks the knockout power of the late THQ's Undisputed series. [Aug 2014, p.84]