flower PlayStation 4

1. Aug 16, 2016

+ Relaxing and Beautiful
  2. Aug 9, 2016
  3. May 14, 2016
    Flower is a video game developed by Thatgamecompany and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. In Flower, the player controls the wind, blowing a flower petal through the air using the movement of the game controller. Flying close to flowers results in the player's petal being followed by other flower petals. Approaching flowers may also have side-effects on the game world, such asFlower is a video game developed by Thatgamecompany and published by Sony Computer Entertainment. In Flower, the player controls the wind, blowing a flower petal through the air using the movement of the game controller. Flying close to flowers results in the player's petal being followed by other flower petals. Approaching flowers may also have side-effects on the game world, such as bringing vibrant color to previously dead fields or activating stationary windmills. The game features no text or dialogue, forming a narrative arc primarily through visual representation and emotional cues. Expand
  4. Mar 29, 2016
    The most unique gaming experience I have ever had. Gameplay, music, and story go hand-in-hand here, with perfection. However, a very short game, but the price excuses its length.
  5. Mar 23, 2016
    It was 11/15/13. 1am. Dark. There on my bed lies an unknown platform, a so-called PS4. I unbox it eagerly as a child with his new toy. The unknown can do that to you. Makes you feel a certain way. That can be dangerous. This new, so called next gen console suddenly connected to my television unleashing an ancient, hidden Sony power. They thought it was a legend, a myth. A myth. 60fps is noIt was 11/15/13. 1am. Dark. There on my bed lies an unknown platform, a so-called PS4. I unbox it eagerly as a child with his new toy. The unknown can do that to you. Makes you feel a certain way. That can be dangerous. This new, so called next gen console suddenly connected to my television unleashing an ancient, hidden Sony power. They thought it was a legend, a myth. A myth. 60fps is no myth to me. Never was. I harvested this ancient power to connect to PSN, whatever that is. It seemed sluggish. Not a surprise to me, why, anything thousands of years old would suffer such a premise. After some trial and error, I was notified of something called Flower being, and I quote "Downloaded". Shortly thereafter, I took this device it came with, and deciphered the code, a button called "X", to initiate this ancient ritual they seem to have once called "Start". Flash forward 1 hour, I am changed. This. This is what the myth was. The legend. I was the only. The only one to witness. I will never be the same. Legend spoke of this being some kind of indie, but no. This was art. A 10 I would give it if a scale of such ever existed. My. PS4 is mine now. Expand
  6. Sep 8, 2015
    What a refreshing departure from your typical gaming session. It just goes to show you that a game doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. this game is one of the most beautiful and sooting games i have ever played.
  7. Apr 13, 2015
    This game is amazing. This is the game that all casual gamers should buy. The PS4 controller is great as a motion controller for flower(Good JOB Dual Shock 4 ). The game is relaxing and far from frustrating. The game takes such a simple concept and turns it into a piece of art. The game is beautiful and whoever made this game was extremely high. The only reason I did not give flower a 10This game is amazing. This is the game that all casual gamers should buy. The PS4 controller is great as a motion controller for flower(Good JOB Dual Shock 4 ). The game is relaxing and far from frustrating. The game takes such a simple concept and turns it into a piece of art. The game is beautiful and whoever made this game was extremely high. The only reason I did not give flower a 10 is because it is too short and I Would like to see some bonus DLC packs. Sony should now put Journey on the Ps4; I would pay for that. Expand
  8. Mar 23, 2015
    Let's start by saying that if you want a game with challenge and excitement, this probably isn't for you and you will most likely rate this 1 out of 10...

The "aim" of Flower is transform the world into a world of colour and life. I personally have the played the game through about 3 or 4 times and am still not bored of it. It's a nice change from the gaming I'm used to and very

The "aim" of Flower is transform the world into a world of colour and life.
    I personally have the played the game through about 3 or 4 times and am still not bored of it. It's a nice change from the gaming I'm used to and very relaxing and satisfying transforming the landscape. I've found this game very addictive and will continue to play it just for fun.
  9. Feb 4, 2015
    Thatgamecompany have a solid reputation for developing video games that aren’t actually conventionally video games, however, more than 5 years later, Flower evokes emotions throughout its stunning visuals, lush colors, and joyous soundtrack. It’s not a surprise that it’s not for everyone and the motion controls can still be frustrating if you’re not adapted to them—and since very, very fewThatgamecompany have a solid reputation for developing video games that aren’t actually conventionally video games, however, more than 5 years later, Flower evokes emotions throughout its stunning visuals, lush colors, and joyous soundtrack. It’s not a surprise that it’s not for everyone and the motion controls can still be frustrating if you’re not adapted to them—and since very, very few games have taken advantage of this feature, that frustration is warranted for a lot of gamers—it’s still a must-play for anyone willing to spend their 7 bucks on it, whether it’s the PS3 or PS4. Expand
  10. Jan 28, 2015
    the game did deserve a 9.0 when it first came out for the PS3, it was unique, beautiful, and amazingly relaxing.
    but by 2014 we had a lot of artistic experimental games, it is not as unique or beautiful as we first tried it, this should have stayed a PS3 exclusive, it is still a good game for those who haven't tried it, and it is free as a cross buy for those who owned it on the PS3.

still a good 8.0 game, the soundtrack by itself is worth the price and time.
  11. Jan 23, 2015
    This game is good only if you are into art house style games. There isn't really much of a point other than floating around as a petal and collecting petals. However, if you are into that sort of thing like I am, than this game is for you.
  12. Jan 8, 2015
    Gameplay is limited but it's a very pretty game that makes you appreciate the artistic skill of the developers. It's worth the cheap price and is also fantastic to ldt a young one play
  13. Dec 19, 2014
    Absolute beautiful game I know some people say its just a screensaver but then its the BEST screensaver ever this game has so much color and scenery for a 1 to 2 hour game the way the music and sound matches up with you getting more pedals is amazing get this game if you want to relax and have a good time
  14. Aug 1, 2014
    This game is a decent game, but it seems it's not for everyone. I found that it has some deeper philosophical connotations, some kind of hidden meaning, but what it is precisely is not specified, nor is it strictly easy to work out.

It is incredibly short; you may be able to get through the main "story" within about an hour, perhaps a little longer. The game also has extra collectibles in the form of green flowers, which are hidden within different levels.

The game is a short journey throughout a bizarre and twisted world, making use of the motion within the Dualshock 4 controller. It can feel a bit sluggish at times, but overall, it is pretty sleek and once you get used to it, it feels perfect. There is no narrative, there isn't even strictly any instructions. The only hint you really get is a little visual message at the beginning about how to use the controller correctly, but that's about it. This lack of communication makes for a rather cryptic voyage of trial and error, trying to fully understand what it is precisely you hope to achieve. However, the main game is pretty self explanatory, and you shouldn't get too lost trying to work it all out.

The reason I have deducted two points is for these two reasons; one, the game is about £6.49, which I feel is a little excessive for a game that happens to be so short. Two, the game can be repetitive, and you'll end up playing the same level numerous times trying to find the little secrets, which can be a pain.

The reason I have given it a positive score, however, is that it feels fresh, different, new, and can be incredibly therapeutic. I don't know of many games that make me feel relaxed, and that never make me feel frustrated.

so, in closing, if you want a game that is easy to get into, that feels relaxing and different, then this game may be just for you. However, don't expect a complicated interface, a whole load of objectives, and a lot of different options. This game is the bare minimum, but it works.
  15. Jun 10, 2014
    Amazing, Simple, Pure, Enthralling, Exciting, Small, Fast, True, Beautiful, Intuitive, multi-playability, CHEAP$$ and well worth it!
    I would recommend this to anyone with a PS4.
  16. May 25, 2014
    a peaceful zen like adventure through the fields of heavens.... For a change of pace in gaming and a side adventure to set your mind free, enjoy. Excellent buy for those who also liked journey and games of the same nature
  17. May 12, 2014
    Simple and Beautiful. Just press a button and move your controller. This game is not going to be for everyone but it is definitely worth a try. The PS4 version of the game only delivers a better experience of this piece of art.
  18. Apr 22, 2014
    I am the type of person that thinks video games are a form of art. And this is the type of game that will lead the charge in getting video games to be accepted as such. It is beautiful and tells a story about the terrible thing humans do, with out a single cut scene or word of dialogue. Which is more impressive than most games that require cut scenes and such to tell a story (don't get meI am the type of person that thinks video games are a form of art. And this is the type of game that will lead the charge in getting video games to be accepted as such. It is beautiful and tells a story about the terrible thing humans do, with out a single cut scene or word of dialogue. Which is more impressive than most games that require cut scenes and such to tell a story (don't get me wrong, those games are still really great- games like Bioshock and the Last of Us- but it's not as impressive). Sure it may not be as good as Journey, but it is still an amazing game. Expand
  19. Apr 7, 2014
    Normally I would give this game an eight, but because of all the trolls, haters, and Xbox fanboys giving this game zeroes, I'm being forced to give it a ten.
  20. Apr 3, 2014
    If ever was an argument for games as art it is Flower. Which means it can be pretty polarising too. It is the marmite of the gaming world. Personally, I find it amazing. The PS4 version manages to look even prettier than its PS3 version too!
  21. Mar 31, 2014
    Just a nice, peaceful game. Immersive from start. The control mechanism is a nice gimmick but the story and gameplay, while seeming simple on paper, are actually quite captivating. Added bonus that it is free on PSN.
  22. Mar 18, 2014
    If you wan to sit at home relax listen to some good calming music and look at some really nice visuals then you can't go wrong with Flower. It's not a game i'd recommend doing in one sitting (which you can) but something you play when stressed out or when you just want to chill for about an hour. I don't think this game is worthy of a perfect 10/10 but i damn sure know it's not worthy ofIf you wan to sit at home relax listen to some good calming music and look at some really nice visuals then you can't go wrong with Flower. It's not a game i'd recommend doing in one sitting (which you can) but something you play when stressed out or when you just want to chill for about an hour. I don't think this game is worthy of a perfect 10/10 but i damn sure know it's not worthy of any of the 0's and 1's that users are giving it. Now i've played this both on ps3 and ps4 and i have to say it performs a bit better on ps4, the controls are tighter and it's cool to see the light bar change colors depending on where you are. It also looks a bit better and the sound quality got a nice boost too. Overall flower is a wonderful game but it's not for everyone. Expand
  23. Mar 2, 2014
    The game flower is the most amazing game I have ever played. For a price of 5 dollars, I had a extreme amount of fun. Even though some people say it doesn't, this game has a story that made you feel, it is a very powerful experience for a video game. It has wonderful music and motion controls and I would recommend it to anyone.
  24. Feb 21, 2014
    Simple and Beautiful. This game is not going to be for everyone but it is definitely worth a try especially for the earlier levels. Plus with the dualshock 4 this game is easier to control.
  25. Jan 30, 2014
    Really Beautiful with a blissful soundtrack. Easily my favorite game that uses the sixaxis. Its a little short though. PS4 recaptured my attention with Flower again. World 5 will probably stress you out though so beware.
  26. Jan 25, 2014
    I purchased this game on impulse from the amazing reviews it received. Started playing it and found it was very slow and relaxing, boring to most people. I try to enjoy the calmer parts of a game sometimes. To be honest I still wasn't a huge fan by the time I was 2-3 levels in. I waited a few weeks and tried it again when I had a friend over and showed him what it's all about. Then BAM OUTI purchased this game on impulse from the amazing reviews it received. Started playing it and found it was very slow and relaxing, boring to most people. I try to enjoy the calmer parts of a game sometimes. To be honest I still wasn't a huge fan by the time I was 2-3 levels in. I waited a few weeks and tried it again when I had a friend over and showed him what it's all about. Then BAM OUT OF NOWHERE the game turned into this masterpiece that kept you on the edge of your seat for a couple of hours. This is my first review ever written, just had to do it for this game to let people know that you cannot judge it from the first few levels. Sure this game cannot compare to the depth of many bigger games out, but for the fun factor, I got more than what I paid for. Expand
  27. Jan 21, 2014
    It's the simplest form of video game expression. If you don't enjoy art, you will find yourself bored. If your looking for a new experience. It's definitely worth the money.
  28. Jan 18, 2014
    This is simply a game you can't hate. It's meant to be relaxing, it's meant to look pretty, it's beautifully simple, and all of this adds up to a surprisingly elegant game. You're just a gust of wind picking up petals, restoring beauty/nature to the land, listening to a wonderful soundtrack (not spectacular, just... wonderful. Try not to laugh), and... that's it. And it's one of the singleThis is simply a game you can't hate. It's meant to be relaxing, it's meant to look pretty, it's beautifully simple, and all of this adds up to a surprisingly elegant game. You're just a gust of wind picking up petals, restoring beauty/nature to the land, listening to a wonderful soundtrack (not spectacular, just... wonderful. Try not to laugh), and... that's it. And it's one of the single greatest games I've ever played. No shooting, no hardcore action, not characters... just you, some nice music, pretty visuals, and... flowers. If you have a PS3, BUY IT NOW. If a PS4, get it only if you don't already have it. It's just an update on the visuals, and just something to show off the new system. And also to remind you of why this was one of the few must buy games of/for the old system; because it's brilliant. Expand
  29. Jan 14, 2014
    This isn't a very addictive game but the graphics and soundtrack are enough to give this stunning game a 10 out of 10. I really think the graphics in this game are sooo pretty. Especially with the soothing soundtrack. Great game!
  30. Dec 28, 2013
    This game is amazing. It is a wonderful journey told without words. This game, is a graphical achievement, along with the amazing gameplay. It is great.
  31. Dec 28, 2013
    When a great Game comes along, its a good day for video games, but when a genuine piece of art comes to gaming, its a milestone, Flower is an minimalist journey into Humans and urbanization. Everyone should experience it.
  32. Dec 22, 2013
    What a wonderful alternative to all the usual console games. The kids really love it, the only problem is the serenity is broken up by arguments over whose go it is next. I like playing it myself especially after a session of BF4 to start winding down.

Would be interesting if they could use the camera, I can see the kids really liking a version the can swoop around using justtheir bodies.
  33. Dec 5, 2013
    What a refreshing departure from your typical gaming session. It just goes to show you that a game doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. If you have no appreciation for art, music, game design and can't stand to go for more than 1min without something crashing, blowing-up, or trying to kill you then you will be bored silly..... for everyone else do yourself a favour andWhat a refreshing departure from your typical gaming session. It just goes to show you that a game doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. If you have no appreciation for art, music, game design and can't stand to go for more than 1min without something crashing, blowing-up, or trying to kill you then you will be bored silly..... for everyone else do yourself a favour and purchase this inexpensive gem of a game. Expand
  34. Dec 5, 2013
    this game is one of the most beautiful and sooting games i have ever played. some poople dont like because it dosent appearent show any micheal bay stuff and other badass things, but truth be told this game is legendary if you can see its uniqueness and meaning.
  35. Nov 26, 2013
    Wow is all I have to say, I never heard of this game and was very reluctant to buy it; this game suprised me in so many ways. I figured it was going to be a lame game that was a ripoff for the price. I could not have been more blow away buy the beauty and calming affects of this game.
  36. Nov 23, 2013
    I have both fl0w and Journey on my PS3, but had never gotten around to this one until I decided that the best way to spend the $10, that Sony gifted all new PS4 owners with, was to spend $7 of it on a triple platform game purchase called Flower. Now that I've had a chance to play it on all 3 consoles, I can definitely say that the PS4 version is, hands down, the best version of this game.I have both fl0w and Journey on my PS3, but had never gotten around to this one until I decided that the best way to spend the $10, that Sony gifted all new PS4 owners with, was to spend $7 of it on a triple platform game purchase called Flower. Now that I've had a chance to play it on all 3 consoles, I can definitely say that the PS4 version is, hands down, the best version of this game. It not only looks stunningly better, but the motion controls work so much better on the Dual Shock 4 controller. The sound is also vastly improved. The soundtrack is even more soothing coming from the PS4, and the occasional sounds of blowing wind and the chime when you find hidden flowers on your journey will come through on the controllers built in speakers, making the game that much more immersive than it already was. It's like this game was made for the PS4, but came out a generation early. Highly recommended, especially given that you get all 3 versions of the game. Expand
  37. Nov 20, 2013
    This great game makes it's way to the PS4 with enhanced graphics and motion controls. This is a game where you can pick up, play and admire the art rather than rushing to complete stages. Turning your petals on a dime is more achievable with the Dual Shock 4. If I had a gripe, it would be that there were no extra levels with the port to PS4. Game is also free for PS4 and Vita if previouslyThis great game makes it's way to the PS4 with enhanced graphics and motion controls. This is a game where you can pick up, play and admire the art rather than rushing to complete stages. Turning your petals on a dime is more achievable with the Dual Shock 4. If I had a gripe, it would be that there were no extra levels with the port to PS4. Game is also free for PS4 and Vita if previously purchased on PS3. Expand
  38. Nov 20, 2013
    Incredible game! The graphic are amazing and the gameplay is very fun. It is a must buy for any Playstation 4 owner. It is a great game for any player in general as well.
  39. Nov 17, 2013
    This game puts me to sleep which is a good thing because its on of the most relaxing games Ive ever played in my life I love just watching ur flowers connect with each other and at the end saving the tree this game will be a must have for the full ps4 experience
  40. Nov 16, 2013
    This game is a must have for all PS3 and PS4 owners. All of thatgamecompany's titles are great but flower is a unique showcase for the new console. 10/10
  41. Nov 15, 2013
    A great game made even better!

The graphics look so crisp in clean in 1080p with 60FPS. There appears to be a better draw distance, more grass, better AA and the controls are better than they were on PS3.

And best of all, you don't even need to buy it again if you already did on PS3!

1. Playstation Official Magazine Australia
    Mar 3, 2014
    A truly evergreen title that looks and handles noticeably better on your next-gen system. [February 2014, p79]
  2. Playstation Official Magazine UK
    Jan 7, 2014
    Embrace it like a comfortable pair of shoes. [Jan 2014, p.84]
  3. Dec 19, 2013
    Flower is a unique game.