- Summary: The events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions haveThe events of Killzone Shadow Fall take place thirty years after the events of Killzone 3. Set in a time of planetary colonization, the game focuses on the conflict between the Vektans and the Helghast, two rival colonist factions inhabiting a remote planet. For 3 decades, both factions have lived side by side, separated by an enormous security wall – but now their cold war is about to run hot. It is up to Lucas Kellan, a member of the military intelligence unit dubbed the Shadow Marshals, to try to protect the fragile peace that exists. A new warrior for a new era of war, Kellan 's missions will range from quiet infiltrations to all-out combat. Lucas will need to be methodical and ready to adapt, as any misstep could lead to mutually assured destruction.… Expand
Please enter your birth date to watch this video:
You are not allowed to view this material at this time.
Killzone: Shadow Fall - E3 2013 Trailer
Autoplay On Off
Nov 20, 2013Thankfully, Shadow Fall handles far better than its predecessors that were hamstrung by the limited abilities of the PlayStation 3. It’s perfectly smooth to play, and there’s no longer a button to attach yourself to cover — simply crouching behind a chest-high wall will hide you, and pushing forward against it will let you stick your gun out to shoot.
Nov 13, 2013The single player is quite varied when it comes to weapons, levels and gameplay elements. The OWL also offers players a few interesting tactical choices, which make certain sections of the game highly replayable. Top that off with some great visuals and a high framerate, and we’ve got ourselves a great shooter that’s worth buying for the single player alone.
Nov 18, 2013Killzone: Shadow Fall isn’t the best game for the PS4, but it is the Trophy Wife of the PS4 launch lineup. It’s absolutely gorgeous, and you’ll love to show it to be the envy of all your friends. But beyond the good looks, she’s actually kinda dumb, lacking personality, and can get on your nerves at times.
Nov 13, 2013It will dazzle players with its next-generation visuals and give them fun things to do with Sony’s newfangled controller...But when the launch hubbub dies down and you’ve played through your day one bundle of games, this probably isn’t the game you’re going to come back to for seconds.
Nov 13, 2013That absence of meaningful evolution might be Killzone: Shadow Fall’s biggest sin. For all the next-gen bluster of its visuals and the repeated blunt-force attempts to ram a message home, Guerilla’s first shot on the PS4 retreads shooter cliches, and poorly. In a launch lineup crowded with shooters, Killzone: Shadow Fall sits at the bottom.
Nov 15, 2013I just got this game, been playing it for hours.
- Gameplay: Its Solid! the gun play is spot on very realistic in a way. Doesn't have thatI just got this game, been playing it for hours.
- Gameplay: Its Solid! the gun play is spot on very realistic in a way. Doesn't have that fast paced exaggeration from COD or BF4. Weapons feel heavy and the animation if fluid.
- Graphics: Killzone shadow fall: Its probably the best looking FPS game right now. High res sharp texture, beautiful scenery and one best particles i have seen in a game.
- Multi player, 24 players 60 fps, it has dedicated servers and its a blast to play, Maps are well designed not to big and not to small. And the custom Warzone multi player maps is pretty awesome.
Single player: is around 10 hours, Story is decent but nothing spectacular good voice acting and facial animation, characters don't fell dull as in previews Killzone games.
Buy it!… Expand
Dec 28, 2013Gorgeous, thrilling and addictive, Killzone Shadowfall is the best game in the franchise so far.
Halo meats Metal Gear Solid and Deus ex inGorgeous, thrilling and addictive, Killzone Shadowfall is the best game in the franchise so far.
Halo meats Metal Gear Solid and Deus ex in this fun shooter. The sense of open world roaming is a fresh takes on the genre as it lets you choose how to engage each mission. You can either go the stealthy route, avoiding detection while assassinating your enemies from the shadows or blasting your way open, zip-lining your way in or simply running in guns blazing. It is often even possible to avoid conflict entirely with clever use of the shadows and distractions. However you choose to engage each level Killzone Shadowfall rewards you for playing smart and punishes you for being reckless and that's what I love about the gameplay, it forces you to think before taking action. The game does a great job introducing you to these different aspects early on, showing that there are many ways to complete each mission. This also adds great replayability.
The environments are stunning, at times I had to simply stop and take in the gorgeus scenery. The sound and music is spot on in almost every scene of the game and does a good job adding to the atmosphere. The story starts rather weak but quickly turns thrilling as the plot unfolds. My only criticism is that while it is a good story it is also pretty obvious. Still this is by far the best single player campaign of any shooter, second only to Bioshock Infinite (CoD and BF don't even come close). I can't wait to see what the future holds for this franchise.… Expand
Nov 23, 2013When I show off what the ps4 can do, I put this in before battlefield or rivals. The campaign is a science fiction dream and I had to focusWhen I show off what the ps4 can do, I put this in before battlefield or rivals. The campaign is a science fiction dream and I had to focus not to die in combat as I was in awe of the environments. The story is lacking and the enemies aren't varied enough but the gunplay is tight and the owl is a great way to use the touchpad in shooters. The multiplayer is fun and different but any lack of ranking or customization besides unlocks brought down the time I would've spent with it. The atmosphere and feel of the world is what makes it a must buy for me and shows promise of a bright future for ps4.… Expand
Dec 30, 2013This game shows what the next-gen games will be like and its a great success for Guerrilla Games. The Graphics are fantastic though I foundThis game shows what the next-gen games will be like and its a great success for Guerrilla Games. The Graphics are fantastic though I found the first few missions quite boring and too long. The Ending to the single player mode is great and the story was interesting. However the multiplayer is quite awful. On the negative side the maps are all quite big and when you find a game you cannot vote for them. Also its quite a slow paced multiplayer, not enough gadgets. On the positive side there is a large amount of guns to discover and use! Overall this is a great game which can keep you playing for a couple of hours.… Expand
Dec 23, 2013This game is a decent launch showpiece for the PS4. The good:
1. Mind-blowing graphics. The amazing level of detail is evident fromThis game is a decent launch showpiece for the PS4. The good:
1. Mind-blowing graphics. The amazing level of detail is evident from sprawling futuristic cities to the stitching detail visible on your gloves. I'm particularly impressed with faces and character emotions. PC-level stuff.
2. The O.W.L. Controlling your own drone is fantastically fun. The O.W.L. is the most creative and engaging component of the entire game.
3. Tight shooting, solid AI. I've always thought the AI enemies in the Killzone games are among the smartest you can find; aware, quick to find cover and aggressive.
1. It's boring Killzone continues the series' tradition of creating characters and story-lines I don't care about.
2. Lack of guns, gadgets, and progression. Guns are boring and limited, Tech has some highlights but is overall un-imaginative.
Overall- it's a must own for PS4-early adopters, but this game will quickly fade into mediocrity as the PS4 library is established.… Expand
Feb 11, 2014The graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, theThe graphics in this game are it's best feature and even them are not mind blowing. The controls are frustratingly slow and sluggish, the enemies appear from behind all the time, and just after a few shots your dead, but it takes them 5-6 in the face to do so. the game is so linear and leaves you in the lurch and your left wondering what to do and where to go, The ai is extremely poor and inefficient, they sometimes just stand there and do nothing, the friendly ai is even worse they just shout out your macho cliches like "cover me i'm reloading" and so on, and don't directly help you out. Based on the fact you die easily, the controls and game play mechanics are far too slow paced like let's say reloading, melee attacks, your owl attack modes and many more, because of all them aspects being so slow, and your dying so fast, they don't result in a smooth fun game. The story is another typical yawn fest like most killzones that have come before it, the characters are featureless and lack a heart, I honestly have had even more fun on bleeding knack, plus pong, yeah pong too.… Expand
Aug 5, 2017Graphics, perf, story, execution is all pretty good. Audio ...etc also very good. 10/10 each.
-100/10 for gameplay. Guerilla games alwaysGraphics, perf, story, execution is all pretty good. Audio ...etc also very good. 10/10 each.
-100/10 for gameplay. Guerilla games always has this problem. They have no **** idea how to actually create gameplay that actually plays like a game. All the mechanics just don't work. Please for god's sake, hire a real senior game designer. Whoever designed the gun and mechanics balancing, fire them, hire a 13 year old who will design better gameplay and balance.
The gunplay just doesn't acyually work. Reload is too slow, all the actions are too slow. Hacking is too slow Echo marking is too slow even commanding your bot is too slow. Throwing a grenade is too slow. Climbing ladders is too slow jumping over a ledge animation is too slow melee animation is too slow stealth kills are too slow ADS is too slow reviving using adrenaline is too slow jumping is too slow landing is too slow dealing with soldier enemies is too slow killing enemies is too slow replacing your gun is too slow picking up adrenaline is too slow. Get every single player action, literally QUADRIPLE the animation speed, then we'll talk.
For reference of good gunplay, look at Vanquish, Call of Duty, Battlefield ...etc. That is good gunplay. You are not good gunplay. Aspire to be good gunplay.
You can't prone, and all the cover designed in this game so that it's actually better *NOT* to use the cover, because all the cover in the game is too low. Again you can't prone, you can't actually COVER yourself from being shot because your crouch height is so high and cover is so low. In other words the cover doesn't actually COVER anything.
Stealth mechanics are nonfunctional.… Expand