• Publisher: SCEA
  • Release Date: Nov 15, 2013
6.9

1. Jan 5, 2014
    If game reviews were scored on graphics alone, this would probably be the highest scoring game of all time. The attention to detail is absolutely mind blowing with the graphics showing you the power and potential of the PS4 in the next few coming years. At times the game is truly beautiful and atmospheric, easily the best graphics I've ever seen on a game. But I'm an old school breed ofIf game reviews were scored on graphics alone, this would probably be the highest scoring game of all time. The attention to detail is absolutely mind blowing with the graphics showing you the power and potential of the PS4 in the next few coming years. At times the game is truly beautiful and atmospheric, easily the best graphics I've ever seen on a game. But I'm an old school breed of gamer which asks for game play over graphics and if it doesn't play well then I'm not too interested in the game. Shame to say the game doesn't play well, it's a fairly passable first-person shooter which is often frustrating instead of enjoyable, which is a shame. I often felt a constant "I don't really know what I'm doing", type of thing. It left you in a lurch without much idea what to do which meant I was never sure whether to play the game stealthy or all action, making many moments ruined due to it not walking me through the sections properly. Also the 'cool' memorable moments like free falling was badly scripted meaning dying a lot, having to start at bad checkpoint placement a lot and just the general feeling of damn that would of been so much better if the game actually worked... The story I can't really comment on as I didn't play the other KillZones and the story goes completely over my head but I'm sure it would be enjoyable for someone who played the other games. Multiplayer is also just okay, nothing special or nothing to keep me interested for too long.

All in all, it's just a huge tech demo with shooting. Could of been a lot more.
  2. Jan 6, 2014
    I expected a good game to play but just not that interesting after the first few missions but maybe that was just me. Gameplay just takes too long to get the point across. Graphics were really nice however that doesn't cut it for me. Was I suppose to silently kill those guys? Do i have to send my robot in to deactivate every alarm from going off? How often do i have to check for enemies inI expected a good game to play but just not that interesting after the first few missions but maybe that was just me. Gameplay just takes too long to get the point across. Graphics were really nice however that doesn't cut it for me. Was I suppose to silently kill those guys? Do i have to send my robot in to deactivate every alarm from going off? How often do i have to check for enemies in my surroundings? Oh that guy appeared right after i just cleared that area. One thing that really irritated me was going over the smallest bump, made my guy do a fidgiting motion. Multiplayer or not, the bug is always there. I'm a PS4 fan, however I should have listened to my buddies and not wasted the money for this game. 3/10 not worth $60 or my time. Expand
  3. Feb 9, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Okey. You can ignore me, but write it, please. I bought PS4, hoping that it will be better than XONE. And I bought Killzone Shadow Fall. Now I'm Dissapointed. You can't lie in Killzone SF. 1st level last 5 minutes, but second- 1 hour! The same story about 9th and 10th levels. AI is not very smart. People, play Resogun-this Indie much better, that this shooter. I finished. Will you believe me or not -is your right. Sorry for my English Expand
  4. Dec 7, 2013
    This game can offer hopelessly nothing. Boring, standard, featureless and idea-free game play that what it is about.
    It is PS4 exclusive from Sony to demonstrate HD textures, that's it.
  5. Feb 13, 2014
    Lets be real now.. PS4 is too weak for that game. FPS is bad, especially in multiplayer... reaaaaly bad laggy fps.

Clearly poor performance is being hidden behind massive motion blur and DOF effects and all that makes game really meh.

Singleplayer is scripted like any other fps sp game these days.

If you dont buy it, you wont miss out anything
  6. Nov 13, 2014
    Possibly the worst shooter for PS4 atm. Holy crap, this game is garbage. Teleporting enemys, enemys starring at you while you're standing right in front of their face, just doing nothing, it's just the AI in general, nothing positive to say about it. Story is boring, same for every other FPS. They won't make you care about any characters.

2 points for the graphics and gunplay. Graphics

2 points for the graphics and gunplay. Graphics look awesome, but that's the only positive thing I can say about this game. Don't buy this, please.
  7. Jan 2, 2014
    Expected to like this more based on reviews, found the game to be rather boring, bland and generic. It also doesn't help that the frame rate struggles at time. Passable FPS but if this came out as a new series and not as a launch title it would be getting 4-5 out of 10 from more reviewers.
  8. Jan 15, 2014
    Dull and boring game. Typical shooter, without any plot and "highlights".
    Allocated only graphics, as a continuation of a series of non-cat anywhere!
    Dull and boring game. Typical shooter, without any plot and "highlights".
    Allocated only graphics, as a continuation of a series of non-cat anywhere!

9. Apr 1, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is not a very good game. There is not enough content to warrant the 60 dollar price tag. The lag in the game is bad and distracting at times, and there aren't nearly enough maps in the multiplayer. The graphics are good, but are sub par for a game that's supposed to be "next gen". There isn't enough game modes in Shadow Fall for my taste either. For a next gen gameKillzone: Shadow Fall is not a very good game. There is not enough content to warrant the 60 dollar price tag. The lag in the game is bad and distracting at times, and there aren't nearly enough maps in the multiplayer. The graphics are good, but are sub par for a game that's supposed to be "next gen". There isn't enough game modes in Shadow Fall for my taste either. For a next gen game this is a disappointing title that got stale after about 3 hours. If you want a great next gen shooter buy Titfanfall or COD: Ghosts, because Shadowfall feels too much like a tech demo for my taste. Expand
  10. Apr 2, 2014
    Killzone: Shadow Fall is a below average, generic experience from start to finish. For all its lofty ambitions and hype it is an unbelievable failure, a real disappointment for all PlayStation 34 owners. The single player campaign is boring and forgettable, and the multiplayer is unspectacular in almost every way. You should probably wait to purchase Destiny if you're hurting to play anKillzone: Shadow Fall is a below average, generic experience from start to finish. For all its lofty ambitions and hype it is an unbelievable failure, a real disappointment for all PlayStation 34 owners. The single player campaign is boring and forgettable, and the multiplayer is unspectacular in almost every way. You should probably wait to purchase Destiny if you're hurting to play an FPS on PS4. Expand
  11. Nov 19, 2013
    Graphically this game is amazing. It's hands down the best looking shooter I have played on a console besides Battlefield 4. With that said, gameplay is slow and at times outright frustrating. Spawn camping is a staple of this title in multiplayer. Between the turrets, bots, shockwaves, and every other extremely annoying perk in multiplayer you will want to just sit in a corner and campGraphically this game is amazing. It's hands down the best looking shooter I have played on a console besides Battlefield 4. With that said, gameplay is slow and at times outright frustrating. Spawn camping is a staple of this title in multiplayer. Between the turrets, bots, shockwaves, and every other extremely annoying perk in multiplayer you will want to just sit in a corner and camp like everyone else does. Single player is much better with a decent story. Anyone that gave this title a 10 is a fanboy that hasn't played a polished shooter imo. Game is a filler title in the series and hopefully things will get better in the future. Expand
  12. Nov 25, 2013
    By far and away the worst killzone since KZ1. Boring story, boring gameplay, boring environments. Probably the coolest feature of this game is when you are being shot at the controller light changes color from green to yellow to red when you die. The multiplayer feels worse then KZ3, doesn't seem like theres any new game modes. I'm giving this a 4 because the graphics are actuallyBy far and away the worst killzone since KZ1. Boring story, boring gameplay, boring environments. Probably the coolest feature of this game is when you are being shot at the controller light changes color from green to yellow to red when you die. The multiplayer feels worse then KZ3, doesn't seem like theres any new game modes. I'm giving this a 4 because the graphics are actually incredibly good. That's all this game is though unfortunately a really shiny bad shooter. Call of Duty ghosts sucks, but KZ SF is even worse. Expand
  13. Dec 15, 2013
    Killzone Shadow Fall deserves less, Guerrilla keeps destroying the original storyline of Killzone by keeping Helghan the bad guys and ISA always the good guys...

so,not buy this game is terrible.
  14. Mar 20, 2014
  15. Nov 25, 2013
    Shadow Fall is a beautiful game, but its story is bad. There isn't an Helghast Campaign, play again like an ISA operative is very boring. The scenarios are uninspired, the IA is bad, some flying moments are very nasty.

The Multiplayer is very generic and bland, because there are only 24 players in little scenarios, not vehicles, not jet-packs, not Exos.
  16. Dec 13, 2013
    this game has a bad bad story. gfx are nice but trhe gameplay is truly horrendous and boring. I would rather sit there watch paint dry than play this game. I was expecting sooo much and this was the biggest letdown ever.
  17. Apr 5, 2014
    Huge let down. A lot of great idea's - however most couldn't have been executed more poorly.

In 30 years of gaming - I have never taken what's supposed to be a top tier game out of the console prior to completion - this was a first.

Whoever came up with the free fall sections - should be fired.
  18. May 17, 2014
    I had really high hopes for this game. My mistake.

I found the story really dull and boring. During the whole story I never once was amazed by what happened or interested in what there is to come. The characters are the same as the story, I never felt interested in what happens to them. Dull! The graphics are good, but not very good. Granted, I finished Infamous right before so my
    I had really high hopes for this game. My mistake.

The graphics are good, but not very good. Granted, I finished Infamous right before so my standards were probably pretty high. But still, I wasn't impressed.

The gameplay is what drags it down even more if you ask me. Very repetitive, chaotic and often extremely frustrating. Even when you manage to overcome a difficult situation, there is no reward, no sense of pride, just more of the same gameplay. Ugh, frustrating and boring at the same time.

It's been a long time since I've been so dissapointed by a game.
  19. Jan 26, 2014
    The difference between multiplayer and campaign are as wide as the Atlantic. Online is balanced perfectly and a lot of fun. great map design and cool abilities.
    The campaign is among the most frustrating gaming experiences your'e likely to have. Too many enemies thrown at you and no way to tell which way they're going to come from. You are given a cover mechanic but not given any cover. The level design is horrible and complicated which will cause you to get lost very often.
    For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to include platform jumping levels which will cause way to many deaths. The in flight controls are loose and counter intuitive.
    Checkpoints will cause you to replay long gun fights over and over again.
    This game almost made me throw my controller.
  20. Dec 21, 2013
    The gameplay is so linear and boring. Not to mention the AI is the worst I have seen on next gen so far. The graphics are the best on PS4, but definitely not worth picking up.
  21. Dec 15, 2013
    I think Guerilla Games probably licenced the Call of Duty Engine to make this game because everything looked like a COD game. Everything from the graphics, lightning, textures, character models looked like COD. I bet this could have easily been made on the PS3. The city vistas look like static images and backgrounds. You will never be exploring them. The guns are very few and look likeI think Guerilla Games probably licenced the Call of Duty Engine to make this game because everything looked like a COD game. Everything from the graphics, lightning, textures, character models looked like COD. I bet this could have easily been made on the PS3. The city vistas look like static images and backgrounds. You will never be exploring them. The guns are very few and look like toys. The main character is a fool. The other characters have no idea or what to do. The Owl is a nuisance. And the overall story sucks. Absolutely horrible. This could have been titled Killzone Call of Shadow Ghosts Expand
  22. Dec 12, 2013
    Looks pretty but the game play is confusing and the story line was garbage online sucked don't waste you're time on this game. None of the weapons were any good I was just confused the whole time not fun
  23. Sep 19, 2014
    This sort of complete rubbish game is making me regret buying a PS4. How can gaming companies relase s@#$ like this nowdays. The story sucks, the characters are unliakble. The levels are boring and don't look as goof as anything from PC for the last few years. Random parts of the game have"bosses" with nfi what is going on. No explaination about what your charater is doing and then you getThis sort of complete rubbish game is making me regret buying a PS4. How can gaming companies relase s@#$ like this nowdays. The story sucks, the characters are unliakble. The levels are boring and don't look as goof as anything from PC for the last few years. Random parts of the game have"bosses" with nfi what is going on. No explaination about what your charater is doing and then you get things like this free fall with 0 explaination how to not die at the end of it after countless deaths, it requires looking on forums to find out go for some slightly shiny spot, that might work. Please stop making games, was free with the PS4 and Im just going to sell this rubbish, not even worth completing as there has been no charcter development anyway. Expand
  24. Mar 11, 2014
    Al show not a single ounce of good gameplay in this cinematic shooter. The ai is terrible and the setpieces are unbelievably boring. I feel sleep dirng the campaing.
  25. Jan 27, 2014
  26. Sep 15, 2014
    This was the first game I purchased with my PS4. After playing the game for a weekend I got quickly bored and frustrated. Due to the many updates I can no longer even play this game on my ps4. I am very disappointed in this game.
  27. Nov 24, 2013
    The worst Killzone. Killzone 2, 3 and Mercenary are so much better. The level design and storytelling in Shadow Fall are absolutely abysmal. Avoid this game.
  28. Apr 13, 2014
    The most boring launch game title ever released..... The single player is unplayable, it's so boring that I couldn't finish it and I don't intend to... I haven't given a chance to the multiplayer, although the most of review say the multiplayer saves the game. Don't waste your money and time in it.
  29. Aug 8, 2014
    Guerrilla Game's self proclaimed "halo killer' launches alongside the release of Sony's PS4. In an attempt to steal the thunder from Microsoft's storied halo franchise, Killzone Shadow Fall has instead been the killer of it's own franchise.
  30. Nov 19, 2013
    Something that doesn't disappoint in Killzone: Shadow Fall is its attention to detail and overall scenery. It feels like the entire world was handcrafted from the best that Guerrilla Games could put forth. However, the game itself will you leave you wanting more from an otherwise sub-par launch title. Ranging from poorly done AI, to a multiplayer that feels like a mix between CoD andSomething that doesn't disappoint in Killzone: Shadow Fall is its attention to detail and overall scenery. It feels like the entire world was handcrafted from the best that Guerrilla Games could put forth. However, the game itself will you leave you wanting more from an otherwise sub-par launch title. Ranging from poorly done AI, to a multiplayer that feels like a mix between CoD and Killzone, the game isn't without it's flaws. Expand
  31. dz9
    Nov 21, 2013
    I have mixed feelings about Killzone: Shadow Fall. It's an absolutely gorgeous detail oriented fps with so much going for it but the developers just forget to get the basics correct. As stated, this title gives us a good glimpse at what the ps4 can do visually, combine the lighting with the smooth shooting animations that feel real as compared to COD and battlefield, and you got aI have mixed feelings about Killzone: Shadow Fall. It's an absolutely gorgeous detail oriented fps with so much going for it but the developers just forget to get the basics correct. As stated, this title gives us a good glimpse at what the ps4 can do visually, combine the lighting with the smooth shooting animations that feel real as compared to COD and battlefield, and you got a stunning looking game. Even the gameplay perspective, compared to its predecessors the core gameplay is a definite improvement to an already outstanding formula. The multiplayer is really cool, nothing that necessarily stands out and let's be honest, you could get a better multiplayer experience from COD or Battlefield but that doesn't mean K:SF's is bad. But where the game plummets is in the campaign mode, mainly in horrible level design. The game immerses you with its visuals but giving you a waypoint or a good inclination on where to go somehow slips its mind. For the most part, the levels are rather open with multiple paths to take and explore, which normally would be a good thing but Shadow Fall never truly gives you a good sense of where you're going and if you don't go the scripted way you'll fall into a group of enemies and enter a lack luster shooting set piece. The huge maps almost ruin the gun fights, you never seem to be in the right space to run behind cover to have an epic shootout. The game briefly does however provide a waypoint but it goes away and you have to press a button to retrieve it again which breaks up the action and tension the game tries to build by constantly having to pause the game for something that should be a given. In the End: This game shows what the ps4 is capable of. It's stunning visuals combined with the core gameplay and amazing use of the touchpad make it a spectacle to behold. And although not the best on the market, the online is a nice addition to the package. But with the awful campaign that leaves you back tracking unintentionally and never providing a good sense of direction or progression, this is a game to watch the trailer for to see what the ps4 is capable of, to maybe purchase the console in the future. As of now, skip this title completely. Expand
  32. Nov 19, 2013
    Considering this game killed my PS4 while playing it, I can't recommend it. I had gotten towards the end of it (all signs in the story were pointing to it) and even then, it was pretty bland and was far too short to enjoy.
  33. Nov 20, 2013
    Whilst the graphics on this game are quite good for a next gen game, the way this game plays is unbelievably bad. I cant think of a game with worse gameplay and story.

Avoid this game like the plague.
  34. Nov 22, 2013
    This game sucks really bad. To think, I bought a PS4 just to play this POS. Bought it on the strength of Killzone 2 and 3 which were both great. I think Killzone 2 may be my favorite shooter of all time.

Well, they really blew it with this turkey. What good are fancy graphics if the game play sucks. It seems like they copied the worst features of other games. Lots of pain in the ass puzzles and navigation issues and not enough shooting.

And the graphics. Why does everything have to be a smoky hazy mess? They copied the haze and smoke of Crysis 3, and the dirt of Battlefield 4. There are much better graphics around and you don't need a PS4. Just look at "The Last of Us" or "COD Ghosts".

Getting a PS4 to play this piece of garbage was clearly a mistake. I think I will return the PS4 and wait until some decent games are available for it. I can probably trade in the POS Shadow Fall at Gamestop for a decent price.

So that's it for me. The end of the Killzone series. What a disappointment.
  35. Nov 24, 2013
    killzone shadow fall is a crap game because if you played the last game all of are crap. last gen game have better multilayer battlefield 3 on Xbox and ps3 more fun
  36. Nov 20, 2013
    The game is pretty good, addictive multiplayer for hours, but here's the story campaign disappointed it is boring, banal and nothing intriguing, is crude AI opponents and at least a bad level design. Despite the fact that the locations of large sizes, the enemies are usually very small, so that they provide a threat to the player. It's sad, considering that the game was supposed to beThe game is pretty good, addictive multiplayer for hours, but here's the story campaign disappointed it is boring, banal and nothing intriguing, is crude AI opponents and at least a bad level design. Despite the fact that the locations of large sizes, the enemies are usually very small, so that they provide a threat to the player. It's sad, considering that the game was supposed to be one of the main reasons to buy a new console.
    Shadow Fall does not offer anything new or unusual, and it is the ordinary shooter, from which many are tired
  37. Feb 25, 2014
    Big fan of Killzone 2, enjoyed Killzone 3 a lot, this game....just terrible. Couldn't bring myself to play past the second stage. Gunplay, level design, and AI completely lacking. Graphics are nice but they only served to make me realize that graphics are as important as I thought they were. The game is so bad it made me question my love of gaming in general and whether console gamingBig fan of Killzone 2, enjoyed Killzone 3 a lot, this game....just terrible. Couldn't bring myself to play past the second stage. Gunplay, level design, and AI completely lacking. Graphics are nice but they only served to make me realize that graphics are as important as I thought they were. The game is so bad it made me question my love of gaming in general and whether console gaming as it is can survive. Yes, I have not played a game this boring since I can remember and the past years of playing quality have allowed me to forget that sometimes games are just stupid. Beware of releasing bad big profile,games, our industry, and the console industry in particular, is fragile. I know what GG was trying to accomplish, and if they did it would have been incredible, but they fell flat. In fact they failed at unprecedented levels, so much so, I can't believe GG made this game at all! I'll chock it up to being rushed. My love of the past two games makes me open to a sequel but Shadowfall is one of the worst games I've ever played. And I play A LOT of games. Expand
  38. Dec 11, 2013
    It really is that bad, looks amazing but other than that it is a really poor shooter, dull as can be with poor AI. The only reason I stuck with it past the first few levels is lack of anything else to play but I just couldn't be bothered to finish it.
  39. Feb 15, 2014
    1st- graphics are great , vibrant colours that really stand out but thats expected these days)
    the campaign lacks in a lot of places and doesn't really draw you in which is disappointing, there are some decent parts but mainly negative.
    the multiplayer is the biggest letdown for me. the gameplay is insanely feeble and slow. the main thing that infuriates me is you could be hammering people with a whole clip in the head, neck and torso and they wont die, yet they can walk up to you as your shooting them tap you on the shoulder with their gun and you die. it doesnt make sense to me. for some reason if they walk sideways they become bulletproof. LOAD OF BOLLOCKS
  40. Dec 9, 2013
    I am a big Killzone fan, most of all the great multiplayer since the ps3 era.

Shadow Fall opens with a bang, stunning crystal clear graphics. The first level is already jaw dropping, realistic lighting and weather effects, huge detailed city. The single player is actually a lot of fun, and compared to other shooters, much less "on the rails". You have more freedom to approach fights,
    I am a big Killzone fan, most of all the great multiplayer since the ps3 era.

The single player is actually a lot of fun, and compared to other shooters, much less "on the rails". You have more freedom to approach fights, and tactical options with your flying bot OWL.
    And well, the SP Campaign is really a great show off what the ps4 next gen muscle can produce !
    I have plenty games on my pc that run on ultra settings, and this KZ hold up very well thanks to excellent engine they use. (even if a gamer pc is much superior HW side than a ps4)

Gameplay feels distinct KZ style, with more slow and realistic movements. Its not floating on the ground, bunny hopping or insane auto aim like in COD.
    Its mostly comparable to Battlefield series, but much less complex and more focused on close quarter combat/smaller areas.

Multiplayer is back and its really great. 3 distinct classes & abilities, and very powerfull weapons.
    Compared to the older games, the new abilities and weapons feel much more powerfull ...
    YOu pretty easily die but also kill more quickly.
    Sentry turrets tear you apart in matter few seconds and are very resistant to fire, flying drones will be a pain up ur a.... snipers will rape you with the new one shot kill rifle.
    A deadly online experience that will be appreciated who wants something more challenging and tactical then run n gun.
    its perfectly the style of online fps i love and as huge BF fan, its still very easy to play compared to the battles on battlefield 4.
    Dont worry, personally i have almost a K/D of 2 in KZ. I think all the kids used to COD are my favourite cannon fodder.
    With COOP up to 4 players (dlc) coming soon and more maps for free Guerrilla is assuring great multiplayer support for months to come.

Despite some reviews that put this game just on the average GOOD 80 range.... for me it is the killer app for PS4. A system seller.
  41. Oct 21, 2014
    Graphics are ok, game details, colors and acceptable depth are ps4 worthy. However, game play is below average. You can't lower in game music below 50% (developer Guerillagames claims such is necessary (?) for cueing approaching enemies. Seems the developer underestimates gamers, feels patronizing. Enemy forces make victorious gestures like waving fists when you are killed which is funnyGraphics are ok, game details, colors and acceptable depth are ps4 worthy. However, game play is below average. You can't lower in game music below 50% (developer Guerillagames claims such is necessary (?) for cueing approaching enemies. Seems the developer underestimates gamers, feels patronizing. Enemy forces make victorious gestures like waving fists when you are killed which is funny the first time but annoying when repeated over and over again. Sometimes they salute after killing you which is childish. Ever heard of a soldier who salutes after killing an enemy? Game uses controlpoints. Beware of this if you don't like that, you can't save when you want to.
    Summarizing: good graphics but limited gameplay. Not my cup of tea. If you agree, avoid this game.
  42. Aug 6, 2014
    My first PS4 games. Where to begin Killzone shadow Fall is exactly what not to do when you are making a video games. He goes the Crysis way PERFECT GRAPHIC no gameplay or story. The game for me was beyond annoying. I had to force myself to play it. The first thing i can't stand one weapon swap. You have 3 weapon a main a secondary and a pistol weapons. Main weapon can't be changeMy first PS4 games. Where to begin Killzone shadow Fall is exactly what not to do when you are making a video games. He goes the Crysis way PERFECT GRAPHIC no gameplay or story. The game for me was beyond annoying. I had to force myself to play it. The first thing i can't stand one weapon swap. You have 3 weapon a main a secondary and a pistol weapons. Main weapon can't be change because you have to use it during part of the game. But you also have a robot following you at all time. which could have have clearly do what the gun does later in the in the game you will encounter shielded enemies like in Halo. But to destroy their you have to switch to the main gun charge it up and not miss. To me this cut the heat of action happening on the screen nothing else work missile. shotgun nothing you have to use that special gun. You rely to much on it. To use other weapons in the which come to my second problem. You never had those problem in Killzone 2 and 3 which are far better than this is one of the biggest problem of that particular game i was not feeling like playing a killzone game AT ALL. When in killzone 2 and 3 we where playing a special ops soldier. We use to play Leader of a Squad or member of squad which sometime give place to funny moment. Nothing like this happen in this game Lucas Kellan main character is a generic SIR YES SIR guys with no personality i don't want to spoil the story but the game start to become interesting at the end we are starting to see some link with the original Killzone Trilogy. And then the game is finished. I WAS LIKE ARE YOU SERIOUS that's it. I did not play mutliplayers that much i prefer not to comment on it. But its a classic generic MP. The game has simply no personality he is a Tech demo no other word for it. Don't buy this. Its hard for me to say that because i hate COD or BF but honestly buy those you will have more fun with them. Expand
  43. Feb 19, 2014
    this game is like all the other killzones long and boring, now dont get me wrong i was happy to see a new killzone game for the ps4 and i was thinking this was going to be a good one and save the killzone name (for me that is) and i was also happy we weren't geting resistance 4 but thats another review. killzone shadow fall is long and boring, the try to pass it off as a stealth game thenthis game is like all the other killzones long and boring, now dont get me wrong i was happy to see a new killzone game for the ps4 and i was thinking this was going to be a good one and save the killzone name (for me that is) and i was also happy we weren't geting resistance 4 but thats another review. killzone shadow fall is long and boring, the try to pass it off as a stealth game then the next level your in a open field shooting people all willy nilly. the graphics are pretty bad and it just looks like gtaV and the gameplay is just cod witch was disappointing. killzone shadow fall gets a 4/10 Expand
  44. Feb 13, 2014
    I expected much more from Killzone Shadow Fall but this game is ultimately an uninspiring bore. The game looks fantastic but the core gameplay is linear and extremely dull throughout. If you unmask the visuals; there is very little of an engrossing game here and the campaign fails to impress just like many modern FPS games on the market today.

The missions don't excite whatsoever; the

The missions don't excite whatsoever; the objectives are bland, the locations look great but aren't particularly fun to explore and don't offer enough scope compared to the surrounding scenery. It just feels if everything is scaled back and scripted. The gunplay isn't bad but the touchpad functionality has been dreadfully implemented and is far too awkward at times. The AI is absolutely awful also and really lets down what is already a dismal experience.

At full price; this game is not worth a penny and even at a cheaper second-hand rate; it's best to wait and experience something else instead. This game is not on par with the previous games and you just can't help but feel they have focused too much from a technical and graphical standpoint as opposed to delivering an exciting game and gripping story.
  45. Sep 16, 2014
    This game is a tough one. The story isn't very good at all. The graphics are great to check out what the new console can do. The controls are tight, but the game isn't very fun. I really liked the first two Killzone games, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I never felt really wowed. There where a few fun moments in the campaign, but that really it. At least it was short enough.This game is a tough one. The story isn't very good at all. The graphics are great to check out what the new console can do. The controls are tight, but the game isn't very fun. I really liked the first two Killzone games, but I can't help but feel disappointed. I never felt really wowed. There where a few fun moments in the campaign, but that really it. At least it was short enough.
    Graphics 10/10
    Game play 8/10
    Story 1/10
    Sound 7/10
    Replay 1/10
  46. Jun 17, 2014
    This game is below mediocre. It's definitely the worst KZ in the series.

I'll start with good things: visuals and sound fx. Game looks great, the best on PS4 and X1 and one of the best visuals in gaming. Also sounds are good. For example, I was shooting at ceiling and there were sounds of bullets dropping on floor. But when it comes to gameplay, it fails. The main sin of the game:
    This game is below mediocre. It's definitely the worst KZ in the series.

But when it comes to gameplay, it fails. The main sin of the game: it's boring. Boring campaign, boring multiplayer (a generic btw). I started playing game 6 months ago, and I didn't finish it yet, because game puts me to sleep and I can't play more than one chapter at a time. The story is not interesting and they ignore previous games (what a great idea to put enemy on your home planet and give them weapons - sweat).

Level design is bad, and environment feels empty. There're also a lot of invisible walls. Weapons are the most basic (no innovation, no signature weapon), AI is stupid.
    In some scenarios where you need to hold the ground, you can hide in a spot and wait for a scene to end.

Also I didn't like that for L1 special actions you have to be precise, otherwise it won't respond.

If you played previous KZ MP - it hasn't changed. It's like COD,

In the end, this game feels like tech demo, to show capabilities of PS4. And it accomplish this task but fails at the gameplay. I do not recommend buying this game.
  47. Dec 1, 2013
    Okay first of all I'd like to say that this game looks absolutely stunning...graphics are mesmerising...I have never played a Killzone game before, so I thought would perhaps be a bit "newcomer friendly" but I was wrong.

This game feels so boring and stale I couldn't finish it...I gave up after the third mission...There were no sort of guideline or hints at all and the result of that was me running around like a f*cktard for 2 hours not knowing how to get around....They should be developing an easier way to play it next time....story wise I think it was interesting, and graphically it was a bomb, best graphics in a game!
  48. Dec 1, 2013
    One of only a few FPS games that have given me motion sickness over the years. There have been a few complaints online and apparently this series is known for it. Wish they would fix it by adding some more graphical options for things like head bob, fov and motion blur.
  49. Mar 22, 2014
    The biggest hyped thing - graphics - is not that true, because Anti-Alising is lacking, and light effect is too exaggerated that hurts my eyes. This is so unbearable, because if I turn down the light of display, then other things become too dark . What should I do? Last thing, although more advanced graphic engine is used, the graphic effect is even much less realistic than KZ2, so, noThe biggest hyped thing - graphics - is not that true, because Anti-Alising is lacking, and light effect is too exaggerated that hurts my eyes. This is so unbearable, because if I turn down the light of display, then other things become too dark . What should I do? Last thing, although more advanced graphic engine is used, the graphic effect is even much less realistic than KZ2, so, no immersing battle atmosphere is in this game.

The characters and dialogues are so so blank and forgettable except for that insane terrorist, ironic. Especially that black man who seems just hasty to finish his voice acting job then earn his income ASAP with no any enthusiasm and understanding on his character. Sadly, most of time, you have to listen to his sermon.

The metal bug mate is so annoying. It executes your order after seconds delay. Usually during the delay, you game over.

I really like KZ2, and also I really don't like KZ3. Now, Shadow Fall IMO is even worse than KZ3.

This game leaves me a very hollow feeling. It seems like a big but emotionless and pale tech demo for ps4.
  50. Jul 5, 2014
    Excited to see the power of the PS4 and seeing the game that's supposed to carry the flag for Sony when it comes to shooters and release titles, I was extremely disappointed. The game looks rather good (compared to last-gen) but I've played numerous titles on the PS4 that look exponentially better. Aside from the graphics, this game has very little going for it. The campaign isExcited to see the power of the PS4 and seeing the game that's supposed to carry the flag for Sony when it comes to shooters and release titles, I was extremely disappointed. The game looks rather good (compared to last-gen) but I've played numerous titles on the PS4 that look exponentially better. Aside from the graphics, this game has very little going for it. The campaign is extremely bland and a corridor shooter, by definition. The AI is insufferable and the firefights leave much to be desired. Even on the hardest difficult, the game consists of standing behind cover, shooting enemies and walking to the next room. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The multiplayer, on the other hand, doesn't even need to be mentioned. Hardly anyone plays it and I can see why.

The only time I find myself wanting to play this game is for the co-op mode. It's not perfect but there's not many co-op games at the moment so I'm having to make do with what I can. Is it worth another $20 on top of the $30-40 price tag for the game? Not really.
  51. Jan 26, 2014
    This review is for the single player campaign of Killzone: Shadow Fall. With that disclaimer out of the way…wooboy, where to begin? What a turd--er, I mean, what a vapid, listless, fragmented game. And don't even get me started on the story, writing, and voice acting (note to Gene Farber and David Harewood: reading lines is NOT acting).

For the record, I can overlook a terrible story in

For the record, I can overlook a terrible story in a first person shooter. I can even overlook laughably bad voice acting. What I can not overlook is haphazard, nonsensical level design. Slapping the descriptors "free-form" and "open-ended" onto level design in no way compensates for the complete lack of direction. I can't count of the number of times I got lost in each level. Nothing breaks the rhythm of an FPS like poor level design. Every time I was finally getting into the action, a firefight would abruptly end with no indication as to where the hell I should go next. Admittedly, the HUD will give you environmental markers if you tap up on the D-pad, but this only adds to the broken rhythm. And why do the markers disappear to begin with?

On top of the insipid levels, the controls are sluggish and unintuitive. In particular, the touchpad and HUD integration for the OWL sentry are both annoying and distracting (am I blasting those shielded Helghast with an EMP or shooting them?). I finally got the hang of the OWL, but I was over 3/4s of the way through the game. Speaking of the OWL, why does it allow you to zipline to map areas that result in instant death? I'll tell you why: poor level design.

Killzone: Shadow Fall has a nugget of redemption in its pristine graphics, but even then, the environments feel devoid of life. Pretty lighting doesn't make up for bad motion capture. NPCs look like they are gliding across the map.

In the end, perhaps the best thing I can say about this game is that it is a launch title. Pretty, and full of promise for things to come, but ultimately a waste of my $60.
  52. Feb 26, 2014
    This game has really stunning textures ....and that's were the good stops the game physics are awful the music is bland, and shootin someone dead , well it's just not fun ! In a game were you primarily shoot people I would have thought they would at least make that part fun ? Do yourself a favour and don't get this
  53. Jan 30, 2014
    KillZone 3 better 3 times !!! this game is like " Hey! I want my money back!!" this is not what i paid for.
    - Gameplay: we have to finish it quickly! but we don have time! wha we gonna do? we sell what we have!
    - Graphics: Really Good!!
  54. Feb 16, 2014
    Solo: A linear game, with a generic story. Go from A to B, primarily solve the problem, secondarily occasionally shoot something. This is not a First Person Shooter, it's a First Person Puzzler.

Online Multiplayer: Awkward, slow, muddy controls thanks to the game engine. Jerky firing, useless sights, slow grenade throws, limited weapons, limited attachments. A horrid experience.

Trophies: 33 total, 22 Solo, 11 MP. Sadly the MP trophies would take 100s of hours of play to unlock, and since the MP mode is so terrible, it will not happen for most people, not even hardcore trophy hunters.

I would value this game at £20/$30, it looks good enough, but plays poorly. You can get the same clunky MP experience from Blacklight: Retribution for free on PSN. If you enjoy Call of Duty MP, then you are best sticking with Call of Duty. If you want a Sci-Fi experience, try Warframe, Blacklight: Retribution, or DC Universe Online for Free until the release of Destiny.
  55. Feb 21, 2014
    This game is a huge disappointment. The online multiplayer gameplay is completely bland, has lost its core focus, and is too heavy to capture attention for any reasonable period of time. That said, the animations are very well done, and the map design is acceptable. Still, the multiplayer aspect brings nothing new to the genre, and is ultimately boring.
    The singleplayer, firstly, looks
    The singleplayer, firstly, looks gorgeous, and is one of the best looking games on console to date. That is about my only praise for it. It is around four hours worth of boring, dreary, gameplay. The story is just awful, and the AI are pathetic. It was a real letdown given the high quality of previous Killzone games. The graphics simply don't make up for the frankly awful gameplay.
  56. Feb 20, 2014
    As a huge Killzone fan, this was the game that I looked most forward to on the Next Gen consoles. The high intensity and great graphics on Killzone 3 made me anticipate this game even more. Upon purchasing a PS4, I also received several games, Killzone being one of them. Let me say, the graphics were incredible! Many of my friends thought I was watching a movie! However, for someAs a huge Killzone fan, this was the game that I looked most forward to on the Next Gen consoles. The high intensity and great graphics on Killzone 3 made me anticipate this game even more. Upon purchasing a PS4, I also received several games, Killzone being one of them. Let me say, the graphics were incredible! Many of my friends thought I was watching a movie! However, for some reason, I got bored of the game very fast and it was a slow moving, intensity lacking campaign. Expand
  57. Mar 13, 2014
    A shooter which offers little in the way of gameplay and story. I could give it a 5 just for beautiful graphics, but it doesn't even have that. The graphics are mainly built around blinding sunlight everywhere you look - probably to hide the average textures and detail in the game environment. The only good thing I can think of about this game is it's slightly satisfying to kill an enemy,A shooter which offers little in the way of gameplay and story. I could give it a 5 just for beautiful graphics, but it doesn't even have that. The graphics are mainly built around blinding sunlight everywhere you look - probably to hide the average textures and detail in the game environment. The only good thing I can think of about this game is it's slightly satisfying to kill an enemy, but even that isn't great. Terrible game. Expand
  58. Apr 20, 2014
    What a horrible game, if this hadnt been part of a series ive always played i would of sold it after the first mision. The gameplay is horrible and couldnt be more clunky. The story gives me no interest, all previous killzones you are part of a squad, on shadow fall you do most missions alone and it is just not interesting. For me the worst thing is the lighting. Its atrocious, they haveWhat a horrible game, if this hadnt been part of a series ive always played i would of sold it after the first mision. The gameplay is horrible and couldnt be more clunky. The story gives me no interest, all previous killzones you are part of a squad, on shadow fall you do most missions alone and it is just not interesting. For me the worst thing is the lighting. Its atrocious, they have tried to hard with it and you just cant see anything, this includes the muzzle flash will means you cant see what your shooting. No idea what they were thinking, developers clearly confused themselves. Go back to the old formula please guerilla games. Expand
  59. Feb 20, 2015
    This game was 6 hours and boring! If I could trade this game in for an Xbox one and I would be the happiest person in the world because I was on the PlayStation hype train and Sony has failed me for the last time.
  60. Mar 24, 2014
    Killzone Shadow Fall deserves less, Guerrilla and Sony tried to hide its real resolution and frame drops with false marketing and trying to focus the attention on its awful lightning.
  61. Mar 24, 2014
    I've never played a killzone game and now I see why. When I bought the game I was expecting Doom or Duke Nukem. What I got was another lame, repetitive shooter with a weak campaign mode and another kiddie room multiplayer. No thought, no strategy, no real skill, just run and gun or camp and snipe. This genre of gameplay needs to be laid to rest right beside killzone in a hole six feet deep.
  62. Nov 8, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. an utter let down. apart from the very few good moments in the single player campaign this is nothing compared to the amazing killzone 1,2,3. the multiplayer is fun for one game and the snipers are useless.
    now sony have finally made killzone a big thing is makes it a huge money grab, you have to pay for co-op!!!!! sev or rico don't make an appearance and no rico's lmg. if you played the first three games you should play this. it is a good tech demo for the ps4 but the verdict brings this down as a poor shooter
  63. Dec 17, 2014
    I preferred KillZone 2. The story feels really childish and is not good enough for an AAA title. Maybe I'm too old for this. The soundtrack was not bad. I did not really enjoy the gameplay, except a few bigger "battles". It felt like I was playing Crysis. The campaign gets really boring fast and I wished the game would end, which happened quickly since the game is short (8 hours max). I'mI preferred KillZone 2. The story feels really childish and is not good enough for an AAA title. Maybe I'm too old for this. The soundtrack was not bad. I did not really enjoy the gameplay, except a few bigger "battles". It felt like I was playing Crysis. The campaign gets really boring fast and I wished the game would end, which happened quickly since the game is short (8 hours max). I'm a big fan of BF4 on PC and if I want to play to a shooter online, I will go play BF4, KZ3 is just way less fun to play. Save a few bucks, buy something else ! Expand
  64. Dec 5, 2014
    After buying the PS4, beating inFamous Second Son and being kind of satisfied with it, I predictably went on to the next (and only) major Sony exclusive - the next-gen Killzone. And sadly, I was incredibly disappointed.But let's go over all the aspects.
    The plot. It's terrible and formulaic with a bland protagonist (unlike many other FPS's he can talk, but God, I wish he couldn't) and boring supporting characters. The ending deserves further berating, but that'd mean spoilers. Just know that this is one of the worst endings I've ever seen in a game, somewhat akin to Mass Effect 3.
    The gameplay. Shadow Fall is different from Killzone 3 in many ways. Instead of being a fun rollercoaster ride, it now (allegedly) offers more freedom of choice and tactical options. The sad thing is that in theory updating gameplay in a longgoing series this way should be refreshing, but in reality, it is just outright boring and irritating. For instance, you are given an ability to drop-kill and throw a knife after meelee. (Yes, exactly as in Far Cry 3), but in practice you can hardly use it in stealth because it is virtually non-existent (You'll be lucky to stealth-kill just one Helghast soldier, they'll spot you right after) or in action because going out of cover to meelee will get you killed in no time. I would specifically like to point out the terrible enemy AI, who just doesn't know of the self-preservation instinct, just running straight up to you. Oh, and another thing - as most modern shooters, you can carry two weapons in Shadow Fall. But unlike those shooters, you can freely swap only one of those, with your default gun being stuck with you throughout most of the game. Whoever thought this'd be a good idea was probably a moron.
    Level design. I just wanted to cover this separately, because it's terrible. The levels are good-looking alright, but hard to navigate (No map in singleplayer). Moreover, Guerilla somewhy decided that forcing you do defend some point against waves of mindless Helghast like five times in the campaign would be fun. It's not. I've felt extremely frustrated in each of those encounters, especially in Chapter 7.
    Graphics. No complaints here. KZ3 was a pretty game and SF easily outmatches it with sharp textures and amazing effects. Just the view on Vekta city in the first levels of the game is breathtaking.
    Multiplayer. Exactly the same as in Killzone 3. The DLC model is different, yes, with maps being free but game modes and player classes being paid. But it's nothing special.
    In other words, this was a huge drop of the bar. While Killzone 3 (I haven't played 1&2) wasn't a system-seller, it was still a well-made enjoyable and entertaining shooter. Shadow Fall, however, is more of a tech demo, it's neither a system-seller, nor even something worth picking up when you buy yourself a PS4.
  65. Jan 27, 2015
    If you like twitchy, run-and-gun shooters like CoD, you'll probably enjoy this game. If you're the kind of person who preferred the comparatively slower pace, more strategic level design of the previous games, I would really give Shadow Fall a pass. Pretty disappointed with Guerrilla's direction here - it feels like it was made by a different studio.
  66. Jan 8, 2015
    Wow, hard to actually describe my disappointment after the awesomeness of KillZone3. It was obviously cobbled together on a budget in time for the launch of the PS4. One can almost smell the cynicism of Guerrilla Games knowing they have the only real FPS going into the launch of the PS4 so could make it as crap as they liked and everyone would buy it anyway.

Compared to the awesome

Compared to the awesome scenes, dialog, gameplay, script, story and cutscenes of Killzone 3, KZ4 just seems like an overly dull version of Halo. Most of the missions I had no idea of the objective, it was the same repetitive gunfight over and over again, hiding behind cover provided NO protection at all, and I actually gave up in boredom half way through when I died for about the 10th time because it just goes on and on and on and I have no idea what I'm supposed to achieve.

Avoid.
  67. Feb 4, 2015
    Very pretty game for when it came out, but had a terrible story that I couldn't get into.
    the multiplayer was okay. not a lot of options when selecting a game, which was unfortunate

1. Feb 13, 2014
    A very good and varied multiplayer FPS. Some things, like the big attack/defend scenarios, were better on Killzone 3. [Jan 2014]
  2. Jan 22, 2014
    In attempting to juggle so many balls at once, it simply loses control and bats them all over the place in a crazed, lurching frenzy as it tries to stop the whole thing from falling apart.
  3. Jan 15, 2014
    Whatever the reason was for making Shadow Fall in the first place, the result is a mixture of bland, annoying and weird.